PDA

View Full Version : Finding server HELP!! Please!!

Stoned Player
05-14-2002, 12:43 PM
This problem might of been up here 1000 times but after looking through all the post i still can not figer out how to get this to work.

Im running a Win32 JK2 server. (using Jeid Runner) I Have a router that i run as well.
I have opened my ports on my router to run JK2 Dedicated server (ports 28060 - 28500).

But when i use my other computer to connect to my server. I can see it in the list of Source: Local and Source: Favorites, but not on Source: Internet.
Plus
No one outside my network can see my server.

I know this is a internal problem but i just can not figer it out.

Any info would be very helpful.

Thank you.

P.S Plus the server name has a [UDP] at the end when i view it under Source: Local. but not under Source:Favorites. (dont know if that matters)

Stoned.

Stoned Player
05-14-2002, 02:08 PM
I even tried not using Jedi Runner and i still can not see it :(

Stoned Player
05-14-2002, 10:14 PM
nm figered it out.

They can see it. I just cant behind the same router.
Its what im guessing. I saw people playing on it earler.. but looks like it keeps crashing .
go figer

jimn
05-15-2002, 01:32 PM
Join your server with the machine you are useing to play on and gotto the console and type this in.

seta port "28071"
seta net_port "28071"

Now quit out and then restart the game and now you should be able to see internet games. What this does is force your machine to use a diffrent port then the server. This is what fixed it for me.

JiMn

Stoned Player
05-15-2002, 06:34 PM
I have 2 computers connected to my router. 1 is my server for JK2 and other is my "play computer". The server is set up for port 28070 by defalt but if i change my "play computer" to port 28071, then you think it might work? Or even my server to port 28071?

Thanks for the idea =)

Stoned

TheAphextwin
05-15-2002, 07:36 PM
You might also want to try clearing the IP field in Jedi Runner and trying that, I would also set the port to something other than the default.