PDA

View Full Version : Am I the only one ...

Docastillo
05-14-2002, 05:44 PM
... having a big snapshot problem?
80 % percent of the times I join a game, I have to wait over 5 minutes for my computer to download (?) the snapshot...

2 questions: what is a snapshot? and: can I solve the problem?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Other then my question, I would also like to introduce meself. (don't read this if ur not interested :)) :

I am Thomas Pieterse A.K.A Docastillo, 16 years old, and a light force user :) I am totally addicted to the online part of this game already! I am a die hard duel player from now on!

I hope I get some response,
love,

Doc

BlackDove
05-14-2002, 05:55 PM
I don't know what's wrong, happenes instantaneously to me...

Robbiesan
05-14-2002, 06:06 PM
That is defeintely too long for a snapshot.. it is most likely the server you are connecting to that is the problem.. if this happens no matter what server you join then you must have a problem with your JK install...

Robbiesan
05-14-2002, 08:01 PM
That is defeintely too long for a snapshot.. it is most likely the server you are connecting to that is the problem.. if this happens no matter what server you join then you must have a problem with your JK install...

Pedantic
05-14-2002, 08:25 PM
Yeah, my snapshot happens almost instanteously...so, I guess there's something wrong there.

Zero Jedi
05-14-2002, 10:29 PM
I get the same problem, sometimes it takes forever to get past the Awaiting Snapshot part of entering a multiplayer game (and there have been quite a few times where it NEVER gets past, and if I hit esc it'll eventually drop back out to the main menu). I can't decide what the problem is; either its taking forever to get information from all of the players in a server (either the server has a high ping or the players do), or its something on my end that I can't figure out.

Tyrion
05-14-2002, 10:38 PM
That you should make sure that you have 620 mb of free space on both of your drives. Right now I think I'm gonna fromat all my drives and put in all the bare essentials, which is Netscape, norton, and, of course, JKII.:)

I want to show a jedi icon battle now cause its cool....

:mob: :lsduel: :dsaber: :lsduel: :syoda: :lightning :slsaber: :duel:

Pedantic
05-15-2002, 03:59 AM
Ugh, Netscape. ;) :D

Docastillo
05-15-2002, 12:48 PM
Thanks for the reply's dudes...
But I guess I'm doomed to wait 4ever joining games :(
I hate computers....

JaledDur
05-15-2002, 12:57 PM
Can you post the exact specs of your comp?

Docastillo
05-15-2002, 02:03 PM
AMD AHTLON 900 mhz
windows ME, geforce 2 mx
128 mb of ram...

The lousy thing is, when I try to update to new drivers of my vid. card, it says something is wrong in my regedit, and I have to reboot to put everything back. Which basically means it doesn't update...