PDA

View Full Version : Problems with jk2ded 1.03 LINUX

o0FrE4K0o
05-14-2002, 07:42 PM
When I start the Server I get an error Message "Speicherzugriffsfehler (core dumped)"
In english i means "Error accesing the Memory (core dumped)"
I don't know what I've made false. I was happy that the Server startet (I've tryed since 1 Week) an the I get this error :mad:

System:
Athlon 900, 320MB Ram, Mandrake 8.2 (just DHCP & SAMBA)
The directory where I've installed jk2ded is /home/public/deds/jk2ded/ and is shared for public in Samba. I've copied the files from XP to Linux, using this SAMBA share

THX, FrE4K

MatrixCPA
05-14-2002, 09:15 PM
Have you uploaded the new assets2.pk3 that gets installed by the 1.03 client patch? If that isn't the problem, you might also try adding the following to your command line/startup script:

+set vm_game 0

Beyond that, I'd need to see the startup spam and your command line. Although, if it's all in German, I don't know much I'll get out of it. I took 2 years of German in High School--which was about 17 years ago. ;)

Dieses ist mein Auto. Ich mag sourkraut. Wo ist das Badezimmer? Ich fühle krank. Ihr Toaster ist defekt. Wer aß den Kuchen?

penguin_hash
05-14-2002, 09:16 PM
Hmm.. this sounds a familiar error. You can search in this forum for the answer. The thread(s) probably started on the same day the Linux 1.03 was released.

o0FrE4K0o
05-15-2002, 06:18 AM
@MatrixCPA:
I'll try it an post here what happens. If nothing will work I'll paste the jk2ded-Output (It's in english, just my Linux-System runs in german). The only stupid thing are the time-zones, I've just began with work so the earliest post of what happens will be in about 11 hours.

German-English:
I must say that I like english more than german, It's not as complicated as german ( I guess my mistakes in this posts are realy stupid, but I talk/write english once a month :D )

@penguin_hash:
I'd be happy if I could search :D (the search-function is disabled by the admin)

:D

o0FrE4K0o
05-15-2002, 06:24 AM
Problems with my Internetconnection :mad:

o0FrE4K0o
05-15-2002, 06:34 AM

o0FrE4K0o
05-15-2002, 07:03 AM

Soryy, this and the two Posts above should'nt be, I'd problems....

penitentman
05-18-2002, 08:18 PM
I was having this same problem, even though I uploaded the assets2.pk3 file.

Not sure which file was screwed up, but I deleted the assets2.pk3 file that was on my linux box and deleted my server.cfg file.

I then re-downloaded and extracted the 1.03a binaries and when I ftp'd the assets2.pk3 file this time, I made sure that I was TRANSFERRING IN BINARY MODE. I didn't verify whether it transferred in bin or not the first time, but I think that was probably the problem, since it runs great now.

Hope that helps.

:)