PDA

View Full Version : Playing MP3's in the game

[SsP]Blackbird
05-16-2002, 12:08 AM
I have been on a quest to play my personal MP3 collection while in JK2 MP saber duels. I figured out how to do it... but there is a complication. I can make it work on a server that I create. However, it won't work when I'm attached to "Pure" servers.

As far as I can tell, the reason for this is that the MP3's must be put into a PK3 file, and placed in the gamedata/base directory. Because the PK3 I create is not on the server's "pure" list... the MP3's can't be referenced.

Anybody know a creative solution to this? If there is some syntax to reference the MP3 directly -- this has the potential to get around this. Or, is there a way for the server to allow harmless files (e.g. MP3's) to be used even in "Pure" mode?

The basic command is like this:
music (musicfile) [loopfile]

Yes, I know that I can play WinAmp or something like that in the background to accomplish the same thing... but I prefer having the game engine do the playing. I'm just sick that way.... ;)

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks in advance for your thoughts...

[SsP]Blackbird

doc_holiday106
05-16-2002, 01:23 AM
play winamp.

and dont be sick, sicko.

[SsP]Blackbird
05-17-2002, 08:29 PM
Nobody else wants to call me a sicko?

Elijah
05-17-2002, 09:05 PM
*raises hand* OH ME ME ME!

*Ahem*
-Scroll Down-

SICKO

Elijah
05-17-2002, 09:07 PM
Oh BTW, iv been trying this same thing... i found that when i just put:
Music Ghay
it will shut off the background music of JO, then i just run winamp (its not much diffrent and it works just as well)

BTW, anyone know any good Techno Songs? (Besides the NBA Pump Up Song)