PDA

View Full Version : How do i install taunts,music,models and other things??

Naphtali
05-16-2002, 08:14 AM
What do i do exactly what directory

Usurper
05-16-2002, 02:16 PM
Maps, skins, models, music, etc goes in your
JediKnightII GameData/base directory

acdcfanbill
05-16-2002, 02:32 PM
to do taunts open the console (shift + ~) while he game is running... and type

bind x +taunt

then hit enter, x can be ant key, like mine is alt so i hit alt and my charcter sticks his hand out and says "who cares... (somehting else)" each charcter has one taunt...

Naphtali
05-16-2002, 10:07 PM
It their a certain command for it, because ive put a few things and their still not working.
For instance TPM duel music is suppose to work on the multiplayer duel levels, however it doesn't. SO is their more i have to do than just put the files in the gamedata/base directory?

Naphtali
05-17-2002, 03:01 PM
This forum has gotten too big, but CAN SOMEONE PLEASE ANSWER the questions i asked orr at least gie me a site that does??

GidionTheDead
05-17-2002, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by Naphtali
It their a certain command for it, because ive put a few things and their still not working.
For instance TPM duel music is suppose to work on the multiplayer duel levels, however it doesn't. SO is their more i have to do than just put the files in the gamedata/base directory?

Open the bsp (level files), which can be found in the assets0.pk3, and search for "music/". The music/<subdirectories>/<mp3name> is the name of the music of that level.

Now create a folder called "music" inside the "JK2/base" directory (and add necessary subdirectories) and put your mp3 (renamed to <mp3name>) into that folder.
This overwrites (but not deletes) the default music. Voila! You're done.

Naphtali
05-17-2002, 08:12 PM
I can open the assets with any word program large enough?

Kyth'emos
05-17-2002, 09:13 PM
The assets0.pk3 (and assests1.pk3, and assests2.pk3) files are archives not code, you open it with wionzip, find the bsb files for the levels you want to change the music for and then do what Gidion said.

Naphtali
05-17-2002, 10:01 PM
Where can i get this wionzip? I dont have it

GidionTheDead
05-17-2002, 10:21 PM
That's a typo. He meant WinZip. Just right-click on the pk3s and select "Open With=>Select Other=>WinZip". If you want to create own pk3s, be sure to make it UNCOMPRESSED and include the right paths.

Naphtali
05-18-2002, 08:59 PM
Still need help i accidently swicth the files to notepad which is to big, i have win zip but what do i do with the assets0 file now?
Afterwards will i find a list of everything from levels to music and such?
Well first things first. Please answer?