PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars Trivia version 1.1

Wraith 8
05-16-2002, 09:22 AM
im starting a new one. some points will be added to certain people who were in the last one.

STAR WARS TRIVIA!

Here are the rules:
I will ask a question and the first 5 people that answers correctly will get points. There is only one answer per person possible.
I dont know when ill stop with the questions and declare a winner. we will see :D

Second good answer wins 4 points
Third good answer wins 3 point
Fourth good answer wins 2 points
Fifth good answer wins 1 point

Also:
The first one who gives me the most complete information and original answer. will get 1 point BONUS :D

ok.. first the points for the past contestants :D:
Jan Gaarni gets a 15 point jump
MikeC gets a 12 point jump
Com Raven gets a 10 points jump
Darth Evad gets a 7 points jump
Rogue 15 gets a 5 points jump
Darth Simpson gets a 2 points jump
Gaalgoth gets a 1 point jump
Like i said. these fellows competed in the old trivia thread. they get a head jump. try and catch them :D

Mister E and Wraith 8 do not get a head jump. cause they both are ME! :D

1st. Question:
Name all Bounty hunters present on the Super Star Destroyers bridge, that were summoned by Darth Vader to catch Han Solo and his ship. (According to the movie)

Jan Gaarni
05-16-2002, 12:49 PM
Mister E and Wraith 8 do not get a head jump. cause they both are ME!
I knew I had seen that name before, Wraith, I just couldn't place it. :D You scoundrel, you. :p

Bossk, Dengar, 4-LOM, Boba Fett, IG-88 and Zuckuss.

MikeC
05-16-2002, 01:14 PM

Only 12 points? Damn it Wraith - I want ALL my points back. ;)

I'm glad we're moving this onto a new thread. The old one was getting so long it was hard to keep up with.

setsuko
05-16-2002, 02:15 PM
Dengar, Boba Fett, IG-88 Zuckuss 4-LOM and Bossk

Bring on dem hard questions, mon!

Darth Evad
05-16-2002, 06:24 PM

Did you know that Dengar was ready to move on Solo when Greedo stepped in in the Cantina?

setsuko
05-16-2002, 08:14 PM
Did you know that Dengar is ugly as muck?

Gaalgoth
05-16-2002, 08:36 PM
Hey! Dengar is my mother you dispicable cur! =) and it's Bossk, Dengar =), Boba Fett, 4-LOM, IG-88 and Zuckuss.

Wraith 8
05-17-2002, 07:25 AM
Answer:

BONUS goes to:
posted by Darth Evad:

Did you know that Dengar was ready to move on Solo when Greedo stepped in in the Cantina?He gets the points because i did not know that :D and cause he gave extra info :D.
Congratulations.

[Other info:]
posted by Jan Gaarni
I knew I had seen that name before, Wraith, I just couldn't place it. :D You scoundrel, you. :plol... that is another Nickname of mine i picked up some years ago. I only used Mister E for the last posts to make a new question and to save the thread from going down. hmm maybe i should make a sticky.

posted by MikeC
Only 12 points? Damn it Wraith - I want ALL my points back. ;)hahah sorry man. we have to let the new guys try also :D

posted by MikeC
I'm glad we're moving this onto a new thread. The old one was getting so long it was hard to keep up with.yeah i know :D that is one of the reasons i made a new one :D

posted by setsuko
Bring on dem hard questions, mon!You know i gave realy hard questions once, and a lot of people started complaing and wining. but ill look into it :D
[/Other info]

The points go to:
1st. Jan Gaarni 6 points
2nd. MikeC 4 points
3rd. setsuko 3 points
4th. Darth Evad 2 points
5th. Gaalgoth 1 point

Points so far:
1st. Jan Gaarni 21 points
2nd. MikeC 16 points
3rd. Com Raven 10 points
4th. Darth Evad 10 points
5th. Rogue 15 5 points
6th. Setsuko 3 points
7th. Darth Simpson 2 points
8th. Gaalgoth 2 points

2nd. Question
According to Yoda in Star Wars Episode V The Empire strikes back, what and where is the Force?

Darth Evad
05-17-2002, 08:33 AM
The force is an energy that surrounds us. Binds us. It is in all living things. The tree. /Yoda points with his gimmer stick The rock. /Yoda points again

setsuko
05-17-2002, 10:10 AM
The force is an energy that surrounds us. Binds us. It is in all living things. The tree. The rock.

Jan Gaarni
05-17-2002, 10:18 AM
"Life creates it. Makes it grow. Luminar beings are we, not this crude matter. You must feel the force around you. Between here ... there. The tree, the rock. Yes ... even between, the land ... and the ship."

There is also these things called Midi-chlorians which live in the cells of all living things.
Some people don't like them, cause they seem to think Midi-chlorians provide you with the force. This is not true. They are merly an indicator on how strong the person can become. :D They are not the means to be intune with the Force.

MikeC
05-17-2002, 01:39 PM
Yoda says it is in all living things. Of course we later find out that this isn't true with the introduction of the Yuzhon Vong (sp?).

Com Raven
05-18-2002, 12:21 PM
The force is an energy that surrounds us. Binds us. It is in all living things. The tree. The rock.

Darth Simpson
05-19-2002, 06:39 PM
The force is an energy that copies us. Pastes us. It is in all living things. The setsuko. The Com Raven.

:D

Gaalgoth
05-19-2002, 07:13 PM
The force is an energy that copies us. Pastes us. It is in all living things. The setsuko. The Com Raven.

Wait a second.......that's not the answer.....

MikeC
05-19-2002, 07:44 PM
Sounds pretty close to me. :p

Wraith 8
05-19-2002, 07:59 PM
Answer:
Life creates it. Makes it grow. Luminar beings are we, not this crude matter. You must feel the force around you. Between here ... there. The tree, the rock. Yes ... even between, the land ... and the ship.

BONUS goes to:
posted by Jan Gaarni
"Life creates it. Makes it grow. Luminar beings are we, not this crude matter. You must feel the force around you. Between here ... there. The tree, the rock. Yes ... even between, the land ... and the ship."

There is also these things called Midi-chlorians which live in the cells of all living things.
Some people don't like them, cause they seem to think Midi-chlorians provide you with the force. This is not true. They are merly an indicator on how strong the person can become. They are not the means to be intune with the Force.He wins cause he put it very corerct and told a bit more info on Jedi's :D

Posted by Darth Simpson:
The force is an energy that copies us. Pastes us. It is in all living things. The setsuko. The Com Raven.LOL.. i would give you point for the funniest post :D.. but i wont :p

[/Other info.]

The points go to:
1st. Darth Evad 6 points
2nd. setsuko 4 points
3rd. Jan Gaarni 3 points
4th. MikeC 2 points
5th. Com Raven 1 point

Points so far:
1st. Jan Gaarni 25 points
2nd. MikeC 18 points
3rd. Darth Evad 16 points
4th. Com Raven 11 points
5th. Rogue 15 5 points
6th. Setsuko 7 points
7th. Darth Simpson 2 points
8th. Gaalgoth 2 points

3rd. Question:
What is the name of the X-wing Squadron Wedge Antilles made for the New Republic that could also be commando's?

MikeC
05-19-2002, 08:08 PM
WRAITH SQUADRON

They were later transfered to New Republic Intelligence.

MikeC
05-19-2002, 08:14 PM
A little more info. They first appeared in Books 5-7 of the X-Wing series. They were writen by Aaron Allston. I hear they have returned in the latest New Jedi Order books.

The original Wraiths included:
Wedge Antilles
Wes Janson
Myn Donos
Jesmin Ackbar
Hohass Ekwesh (Runt)
Garik Loran (Face)
Ton Phanan
Falynn Sandskimmer
Voort saBinring (Piggy)
Tyria Sarkin
Kell Tainer
Eurrsk Thri'ag

setsuko
05-19-2002, 08:34 PM
Isn't it Wraith Squadron? Pretty good books, if I don't remember wrong. Don't think I've read most of them even, better check the local bookstore this tuesday.

Gaalgoth
05-19-2002, 09:08 PM
Wraith Squadron

Jan Gaarni
05-19-2002, 09:51 PM
Wraith Squadron!

Wraith Squadron was assembled by Wedge Antilles sometime in the second half of year 7 A.B.Y. It was composed of commandos, snipers, spies and infiltrators, making it capable to achieve much more than just dog fighting and blasting the crap out of ships. :D

Darth Simpson
05-20-2002, 11:25 AM
Yeah, Wraith Squadron.

Kell Tainer is probably my favourite from those books.

Com Raven
05-20-2002, 03:14 PM
yeah, Kell Tainer is the coolest Wraith...

also, Corran Horn is a cool chara...

MikeC
05-20-2002, 05:23 PM
I always liked Wes - the joker of the group.

Uh, Com Raven - Corran was in Rouge Squadron.

Wraith 8
05-21-2002, 05:02 AM
Answer:
Wraith Squadron

Bonus goes to
This time the bonus gets devided in 2. 2 of you is getting this bouns because you both told something informative.

Posted by MikeC
WRAITH SQUADRON

They were later transfered to New Republic Intelligence.
A little more info. They first appeared in Books 5-7 of the X-Wing series. They were writen by Aaron Allston. I hear they have returned in the latest New Jedi Order books.

The original Wraiths included:
Wedge Antilles
Wes Janson
Myn Donos
Jesmin Ackbar
Hohass Ekwesh (Runt)
Garik Loran (Face)
Ton Phanan
Falynn Sandskimmer
Voort saBinring (Piggy)
Tyria Sarkin
Kell Tainer
Eurrsk Thri'ag

Posted by Jan Gaarni
Wraith Squadron!

Wraith Squadron was assembled by Wedge Antilles sometime in the second half of year 7 A.B.Y. It was composed of commandos, snipers, spies and infiltrators, making it capable to achieve much more than just dog fighting and blasting the crap out of ships.

Well my favorite Charachter is Garik Loran. and to the ones who read the book know that my Nick, Wraith 8, is his callsign. I personally like the books very much, a lot of Humor and excitement in it. In the first book Kell was my Favorite, but in Iron Fist and Solo Command i thought Garik was cooler :D
for the view of the books and some info go to:
Wraith Squadron (http://www.geocities.com/wraith_squadron_8)

[/Other info:]

The points go to:
1st. MikeC 6 points
2nd. setsuko 4 points
3rd. Gaalgoth 3 points
4th. Jan Gaarni 2 points
5th. Darth Simpson 1 point

Points so far:
1st. Jan Gaarni 27.5 points
2nd. MikeC 24.5 points
3rd. Darth Evad 16 points
4th. Com Raven 11 points
5th. Setsuko 11 points
6th. Rogue15 5 points
7th. Gaalgoth 5 points
8th. Darth Simpson 3 points

4th. Question:
When Lando Calrissian took over the spice mines of Kessel, who did he call to help him in mines?

"You know, if I had even the tiniest control over the Force,
What I,d do with it? I,d scratch that little spot in the center
of my back I can never reach."
-Garik Loran-
X-wing book nr. 5. Wraith Squadron

Rogue Squadron.net (http://www.lucasforums.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=105)
Give in to the insanity. It is unreasonable, but it is your destiny!

setsuko
05-21-2002, 06:15 AM
Nien Nunb, who also copiloted the Millenium Falcon when Han Solo blew up the 2nd Death Star.

setsuko
05-21-2002, 06:18 AM
Oh, and here's my shot at the bonus: Nien is a sollustan, and the language used to portrait his language is actually a Kenyan dialect, called Hayan. :)

Darth Evad
05-21-2002, 09:25 AM
Nien Nunb.

Com Raven
05-21-2002, 09:36 AM
Nien Nunb, Sullustian...

Jan Gaarni
05-21-2002, 11:47 AM
Nien Nunb, a Sullustan and long time friend and partner of Lando Calrissian. He also copiloted the Millenium Falcon when Lando - along with Wedge - blew up the 2nd Death Star.

Yes he spoke Haya, a Kenyan dialect. and here's something found funny:
According to one popular anecdote, one of Nunb's lines translates to "one thousand herds of elephants are standing on my foot."

LOL Would have loved to know exactly when in the movie he supposed to have said that. :D

MikeC
05-21-2002, 12:33 PM
He called Nien Nunb. As others have mentioned he's the Sullustian who copiloted the Falcon in RotJ. He wanted his help because Sullustians are very much at home in the dark. That's what was needed to mine the spice on Kessel.

setsuko
05-21-2002, 02:17 PM
*hits her head at the keyboard* WTF? I must have been very groggy this morning, Han solo destroying the 2:nd death star? He was on Endor for god's sake!

*very embarrassed* :D

Jan Gaarni
05-21-2002, 05:31 PM
Well, he blew up something that allowed Lando blowing up the Death Star, so you're kinda right. lol :D

MikeC
05-21-2002, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by setsuko
*very embarrassed*
As well you should be. :p

Com Raven
05-22-2002, 09:08 AM
you should all feel embarrassed

Wraith 8
05-23-2002, 11:06 AM
Answer:
Nien Nunb

Bonus goes to
well. im a fair guy. im deviding the bonus again but now between 3 people:
Posted by Setsuko
Nien Nunb, who also copiloted the Millenium Falcon when Han Solo blew up the 2nd Death Star.
Oh, and here's my shot at the bonus: Nien is a sollustan, and the language used to portrait his language is actually a Kenyan dialect, called Hayan.posted by Jan Gaarni
Nien Nunb, a Sullustan and long time friend and partner of Lando Calrissian. He also copiloted the Millenium Falcon when Lando - along with Wedge - blew up the 2nd Death Star.

Yes he spoke Haya, a Kenyan dialect. and here's something found funny:
According to one popular anecdote, one of Nunb's lines translates to "one thousand herds of elephants are standing on my foot."

LOL Would have loved to know exactly when in the movie he supposed to have said that.Posted by MikeC
He called Nien Nunb. As others have mentioned he's the Sullustian who copiloted the Falcon in RotJ. He wanted his help because Sullustians are very much at home in the dark. That's what was needed to mine the spice on Kessel.Setsuko get 0.2 points and Jan and Mike gets 0.4.

The points go to:
1st. setsuko 6 points + 0.2 points
2nd. Darth Evad 4 points
3rd. Com Raven 3 points
4th. Jan Gaarni 2 points + 0.4 points
5th. MikeC 1 point + 0.4 points

Points so far:
1st. Jan Gaarni 29.9 points
2nd. MikeC 25.9 points
3rd. Darth Evad 20 points
4th. Com Raven 14 points
5th. Setsuko 17.2 points
6th. Rogue15 5 points
7th. Gaalgoth 5 points
8th. Darth Simpson 3 points

5th Question:
What is the designation of the red astromech droid Uncle Owen purchases before R2-D2?

Jan Gaarni
05-23-2002, 11:41 AM
I believe it was R5-D4, built by Industrial Automaton.

There have been many rumors about R5-D4 on why his motivator blew. One source state that R2-D2 sabotaged him to ensure he was not bought. Another states that he blew his own motivator so that R2 and 3PO wouldn't be seperated. And another states that R5-D4 was once a great Jedi - named Skippy. :D

The fact is that the R5 line was a cheap knockoff version to the previouse succesfull lines, in addition to his poor state at the time.

RoyalGuard
05-23-2002, 01:26 PM
Time to get on the Trivia BandWagon...

Ok, Answer - R5-D4

extra-info: Indeed a cheap knock-off line designed to capitalise on the success of the R2 unit and appeal to more civilians due to their ability to pilot speeders independently, they tended to break down frequently and made consumers lose faith in Industrial Automaton until they released the R7 series...

can I have the bonus point for this being my first answer? Pretty please? Pretty please with Jar Jar's head on top? :p

MikeC
05-23-2002, 01:28 PM
R5-D4

Darth Evad
05-23-2002, 02:22 PM
R5-D4

Darth Simpson
05-23-2002, 02:34 PM
Yeah, R5-D4 (http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=5763568&replies=57).

Vicious
05-24-2002, 03:05 AM
R5 D4 - kenner's ****tiest POTF 2 figure.

Wraith 8
05-24-2002, 04:52 AM
Answer:
R5-D4

Bonus goes to
Bonus goed to Jan Gaarni.
Posted by Jan Gaarni
I believe it was R5-D4, built by Industrial Automaton.

There have been many rumors about R5-D4 on why his motivator blew. One source state that R2-D2 sabotaged him to ensure he was not bought. Another states that he blew his own motivator so that R2 and 3PO wouldn't be seperated. And another states that R5-D4 was once a great Jedi - named Skippy.

The fact is that the R5 line was a cheap nockoff version to the previouse succesfull lines, in addition to his poor state at the time.points go to:
1st. Jan Gaarni 6 points + 1 point
2nd. RoyalGuard 4 points
3rd. MikeC 3 points
4th. Darth Evad 2 points
5th. Darth Simpson 1 point

Points so far:
1st. Jan Gaarni 36.9 points
2nd. MikeC 28.9 points
3rd. Darth Evad 22 points
4th. Setsuko 17.2 points
5th. Com Raven 14 points
6th. Rogue15 5 points
7th. Gaalgoth 5 points
8th. Darth Simpson 4 points
9th. RoyalGuard 4 points

6th. Question:
What is the name of the creature that pushes the force away? it makes a force free bubble around it. what is the name of that creature?

RoyalGuard
05-24-2002, 06:34 AM
The creature is a Ysalamari,

a small creature that looks like a caterpillar/lizard and is native to the planet Wayland. They were first used openly by Grand Admiral Thrawn, and after his death, anyone else who could find Wayland (like Talon Karrde). Scientists theorised that the Ysalamari's uniqyue ability was evolved as a form of defence from predators that hunt using the force as their primary scent (like the vornskyr - a panther-esque creature with a vicious stinging tale - that was later used as a genetic template for Yuuhzan-Vong Shapers to produce their dreaded Jedi-hunting Voxyn).

Thrawn first used the Ysalamari in conjunction with the cloning facilities on Wayland to produce a clone that would not go insane due to 'the pressure of the force' on their growth accelerated conciousness. This would allow him to quickly create a high-quality navy to crew his Katana fleet of dreadnauts. He later used ysalamari to avoid being fried by insane Jedi-clone Joruus C'boath (who was originally intended by Zahn to be an insane clone of Obi-Wan Kenobi, but Lucas shut that idea down).

enough background knowledge for bonus?

setsuko
05-24-2002, 06:57 AM
Ysalamari. Also the name of a fun deck in the Star Wars card game!

Force drain

Darth Evad
05-24-2002, 07:30 AM
Ysalamari. I hate those things.

Com Raven
05-24-2002, 09:08 AM
Ysalamari...

they're cuuuuuute...

MikeC
05-24-2002, 01:15 PM
Ysalamari

Wraith 8
05-30-2002, 05:07 AM
Answer![
Ysalamari

Bonus goes to
RoyalGuard

posted by RoyalGuard
a small creature that looks like a caterpillar/lizard and is native to the planet Wayland. They were first used openly by Grand Admiral Thrawn, and after his death, anyone else who could find Wayland (like Talon Karrde). Scientists theorised that the Ysalamari's uniqyue ability was evolved as a form of defence from predators that hunt using the force as their primary scent (like the vornskyr - a panther-esque creature with a vicious stinging tale - that was later used as a genetic template for Yuuhzan-Vong Shapers to produce their dreaded Jedi-hunting Voxyn).

Thrawn first used the Ysalamari in conjunction with the cloning facilities on Wayland to produce a clone that would not go insane due to 'the pressure of the force' on their growth accelerated conciousness. This would allow him to quickly create a high-quality navy to crew his Katana fleet of dreadnauts. He later used ysalamari to avoid being fried by insane Jedi-clone Joruus C'boath (who was originally intended by Zahn to be an insane clone of Obi-Wan Kenobi, but Lucas shut that idea down).points go to:
1st. RoyalGuard 6 points + 1 point
2nd. setsuko 4 points
3rd. Darth Evad 3 points
4th. Com Raven 2 points
5th. MikeC 1 point

Points so far:
2nd. MikeC 29.9 points
3rd. Darth Evad 25 points
4th. Setsuko 21.2 points
5th. Com Raven 16 points
6th. RoyalGuard 11 points
7th. Rogue15 5 points
8th. Gaalgoth 5 points
9th. Darth Simpson 4 points

7th. Question:
What is the name of the woman Jedi, Luke falls in love with on 'the eye of palpatine'?

MikeC
05-30-2002, 02:02 PM
Little bit of a guess, but I'm going with Mara Jade.

Darth Evad
05-30-2002, 02:10 PM
I guess Mara Jade too.

Unless he's been unfaithful to her. ;)

Gaalgoth
05-30-2002, 02:33 PM
Mara Jade

Koffin
05-31-2002, 05:18 AM
7th. Question:
What is the name of the woman Jedi, Luke falls in love with on 'the eye of palpatine'?

Answer: Callista

Plot: With an ominous warning about some lost children of the Jedi ("They hid the children down the well... Kill you all!") Han, Leia, Chewie, and Artoo head across the Galaxy to the planet Belsavis to investigate. Meanwhile Luke is drawn to an asteroid cluster in a gas cloud by a dark premonition. He is accompanied by his students Cray (a gorgeous leggy blonde who is also a leading expert on Artificial Intelligence) and her fiance Nichos (another student of Luke's, who because of a fatal disease now has a droid body--designed by Cray), as well as Threepio. While Leia and company discover the ruins of a Jedi society and uncover deadly plots, Luke and his cohorts get captured by a battlemoon (a large battleship, bigger than a Super-Stardestroyer but smaller than a Death Star) and discover not only a sinister evil with the desire to complete a thirty-year old mission, but the soul of a female Jedi named Callista living in the computer core. Luke falls in love with Callista (ain't that how it always works--you finally find a good woman and you have to settle for communicating with her through a computer terminal). Anyway, the good guys come out on top--but there are surprises.

Information on the novel as well as reviews can be found at:

TheForce.Net (http://www.theforce.net/books/reviews/cotj.shtml)

Callista also appears in Darksaber by Kevin J. Anderson

Callista- short biography:
a Jedi Knight from Chad III, she grew up with her family on an ocean ranch, migrating on the Algic Current with the herds of tsaelke. When she accepted the assignement to intercept and disable the Eye of Palpatine, she and her lover, Geith, were unable to completely eliminate the threat of the ship. So, Callista decided to stay behind and try to disable the ship while Geith returned to get more help. When Geith was killed during his escape attempt, Callista sacrificed her physical body and left her Force-aura in the ship's automated firing computer. When Luke Skywalker, Cray Mingla, and Nichos Marr rediscovered the Eye, Callista fired on them, thinking that they were Imperial troops come to recover the ship. Then, Irek activated the ship's remote controls, re-initiatiing its original mission. Callista was unable to determine the causes, but she was able to sense Luke's string Force-presence when he was brought on board. She helped him rescue Cray and Nichos, but refused Luke's attempts to store her consciousness in a computer. However, when Cray decided to stay behind and detonate the ship, she gave Callista her own physical body. Callista escaped the Eye, but she could not longer touch the Force. So, while she loved Luke, she felt that they could not be together forever. The two tried everything they could think of to help her regain her Force sensitivity, but she only succeeded in finding the Dark Side. She vowed that, if the Dark Side was all she could touch, then she wanted nothing to do with the Force. This opened a rift between herself and Luke, which widened with each failure. When the Jedi Academy on Yavin 4 was attacked by Admiral Daala's fleet, Callista took matters into her own hands, and set out to strike a blow against the Empire, even without the abilities of the Force. She commandeered a TIE Bomber and landed on the Knight Hammer, quickly sabotaging the ship's complement of TIE Bombers to detonate their payloads and rip out the Super-class Star Destroyer's engines. She then went to confront Daala, allowing the Dark Side to wash over her as she tried to kill Daala. Daala succeeded in stunning Callista, while the Knight Hammer plunged into the core of Yavin. Callista was not killed when the ship exploded, however. She recovered, and escaped in one of the command-level emergency pods. She fled the New Republic and Luke, setting out to break through the barrier of the Dark Side in order to recover her powers. She felt that she needed to do this herself, and sent a final message to Luke, asking him to understand. Her travels led her to Nam Chorios, where she was drawn into the web of Taselda and Beldorion the Hutt. She tried to learn about the Force from both former Jedi, but was unable to truly regain her power. Taselda enslaved her with the promise of returned strength, using Callista to strike at Beldorion. After escaping the old woman, Callista realized that she was trying too hard to restore her Force sensitivity. She felt that this would lead herto the Dark Side, so she allowed herself to become Beldorion's slave as well. This fear - the fear of falling into the Dark Side completely - was what kept Callista from rejoining Luke. She came to understand the strange relationship between the Force in the Spooks and the Therans, and joined one of their troops in working to keep the drochs from leaving the planet. It was Callista who re-initiated Leia Organa-Solo's lightsber training, while they were spending time in a Theran camp. After the defeat of Dzym and Seti Ashgad, Callista again fled Luke, joining Umolly Darm and Be' as rock ivory hunters until she found her way in the Force.

Oh yeah, and her last name was Ming.

RoyalGuard
05-31-2002, 08:03 AM
Koffin is correct, it was Callista

can't really compete with that bonus info!

setsuko
05-31-2002, 09:56 AM
I had to look at my oldest bookcase, but I think I have to agree on the Callista part, if my memory doesn't serve me wrong. I could not find my copy though, it better not be lost, or I'll get a little upset :(

Darth Simpson
05-31-2002, 01:52 PM
Koffin is indeed correct, Callista it is.

Com Raven
05-31-2002, 03:13 PM
Callista...

never really liked her, Mara is much cooler...

Wraith 8
06-03-2002, 08:29 AM
Answer:
Callista.

The bonus goes to:
Koffin

Posted by Koffin
Answer: Callista

Plot: With an ominous warning about some lost children of the Jedi ("They hid the children down the well... Kill you all!") Han, Leia, Chewie, and Artoo head across the Galaxy to the planet Belsavis to investigate. Meanwhile Luke is drawn to an asteroid cluster in a gas cloud by a dark premonition. He is accompanied by his students Cray (a gorgeous leggy blonde who is also a leading expert on Artificial Intelligence) and her fiance Nichos (another student of Luke's, who because of a fatal disease now has a droid body--designed by Cray), as well as Threepio. While Leia and company discover the ruins of a Jedi society and uncover deadly plots, Luke and his cohorts get captured by a battlemoon (a large battleship, bigger than a Super-Stardestroyer but smaller than a Death Star) and discover not only a sinister evil with the desire to complete a thirty-year old mission, but the soul of a female Jedi named Callista living in the computer core. Luke falls in love with Callista (ain't that how it always works--you finally find a good woman and you have to settle for communicating with her through a computer terminal). Anyway, the good guys come out on top--but there are surprises.

Information on the novel as well as reviews can be found at:

TheForce.Net

Callista also appears in Darksaber by Kevin J. Anderson

Callista- short biography:
a Jedi Knight from Chad III, she grew up with her family on an ocean ranch, migrating on the Algic Current with the herds of tsaelke. When she accepted the assignement to intercept and disable the Eye of Palpatine, she and her lover, Geith, were unable to completely eliminate the threat of the ship. So, Callista decided to stay behind and try to disable the ship while Geith returned to get more help. When Geith was killed during his escape attempt, Callista sacrificed her physical body and left her Force-aura in the ship's automated firing computer. When Luke Skywalker, Cray Mingla, and Nichos Marr rediscovered the Eye, Callista fired on them, thinking that they were Imperial troops come to recover the ship. Then, Irek activated the ship's remote controls, re-initiatiing its original mission. Callista was unable to determine the causes, but she was able to sense Luke's string Force-presence when he was brought on board. She helped him rescue Cray and Nichos, but refused Luke's attempts to store her consciousness in a computer. However, when Cray decided to stay behind and detonate the ship, she gave Callista her own physical body. Callista escaped the Eye, but she could not longer touch the Force. So, while she loved Luke, she felt that they could not be together forever. The two tried everything they could think of to help her regain her Force sensitivity, but she only succeeded in finding the Dark Side. She vowed that, if the Dark Side was all she could touch, then she wanted nothing to do with the Force. This opened a rift between herself and Luke, which widened with each failure. When the Jedi Academy on Yavin 4 was attacked by Admiral Daala's fleet, Callista took matters into her own hands, and set out to strike a blow against the Empire, even without the abilities of the Force. She commandeered a TIE Bomber and landed on the Knight Hammer, quickly sabotaging the ship's complement of TIE Bombers to detonate their payloads and rip out the Super-class Star Destroyer's engines. She then went to confront Daala, allowing the Dark Side to wash over her as she tried to kill Daala. Daala succeeded in stunning Callista, while the Knight Hammer plunged into the core of Yavin. Callista was not killed when the ship exploded, however. She recovered, and escaped in one of the command-level emergency pods. She fled the New Republic and Luke, setting out to break through the barrier of the Dark Side in order to recover her powers. She felt that she needed to do this herself, and sent a final message to Luke, asking him to understand. Her travels led her to Nam Chorios, where she was drawn into the web of Taselda and Beldorion the Hutt. She tried to learn about the Force from both former Jedi, but was unable to truly regain her power. Taselda enslaved her with the promise of returned strength, using Callista to strike at Beldorion. After escaping the old woman, Callista realized that she was trying too hard to restore her Force sensitivity. She felt that this would lead herto the Dark Side, so she allowed herself to become Beldorion's slave as well. This fear - the fear of falling into the Dark Side completely - was what kept Callista from rejoining Luke. She came to understand the strange relationship between the Force in the Spooks and the Therans, and joined one of their troops in working to keep the drochs from leaving the planet. It was Callista who re-initiated Leia Organa-Solo's lightsber training, while they were spending time in a Theran camp. After the defeat of Dzym and Seti Ashgad, Callista again fled Luke, joining Umolly Darm and Be' as rock ivory hunters until she found her way in the Force.

Oh yeah, and her last name was Ming.Very good Koffin. im very glad that im not the only one who reads the books. :D

[other info]
i was suprised to see 3 wrong answeres there :D.. i havent seen wrong answeres in a long time :D
[/other info]

points go to:
1st. Koffin 6 points + 1 point
2nd. RoyalGuard 4 points
3rd. Setsuko 3 points
4th. Darth Simpson 2 points
5th. Com Raven 1 point

Points so far:
2nd. MikeC 29.9 points
3rd. Darth Evad 25 points
4th. Setsuko 24.2 points
5th. Com Raven 17 points
6th. RoyalGuard 15 points
7th. Koffin 7 points
8th. Darth Simpson 6 points
9th. Rogue15 5 points
10th. Gaalgoth 5 points

8th. Question:
In the Thrawn Trilogy, a clone of Luke Skywalker is made. named Luuke Skywalker. How is that clone made? How did they get the genetic substance of Luke?

RoyalGuard
06-03-2002, 08:57 AM
The genetic material was obtained from Luke's hand - the one he lost in cloud city.

The clone was created by Joruus C'boath after Luke failed to turn to the darkside under his tuition, and was killed by Mara Jade enabling to fulfill her Last Command given to her by Palpatine, "You will kill Luke Skywalker!".

Fulfilling Palpatine's last command enabled Mara to get her life back together (previously whenever she settled the command would drive her to resume her quest) and work for Talon Karrde as a prominent member of the Smuggler's Alliance.

Later on Mara came to terms with her hatred of Luke, and eventually married him, in the comic books series: Union. This marriage would produce Ben Skywalker (born in the NJO), who could potentially be the most powerful Jedi the galaxy has known (including Yoda and Anakin).

[edited for spelling]

Darth Evad
06-03-2002, 09:03 AM
The genetic material was obtained from Luke's hand - the one he lost in cloud city.

I have no EU knowledge. ;)

Com Raven
06-03-2002, 09:45 AM
They used the hand Luke lost during his duel with Vader in Cloud City...

WEG also used that hand for a short roleplaying encounter with Vader in several american SW mags and rpg books...

setsuko
06-03-2002, 10:11 AM
His hand. Like the Thing from Addams Family.

MikeC
06-03-2002, 11:12 AM
The material came from Luke's missing hand.

Jan Gaarni
06-03-2002, 12:20 PM
Damn it, too late again. :(

Darth Simpson
06-04-2002, 01:56 PM
Living in Norway has its disadvantages, doesn't it?

Jan Gaarni
06-04-2002, 03:56 PM
Wraith lives in Netherland so it's the same time zone. I'm just late. :(

I think he posts really late, after I've gone to bed. :D

Darth Simpson
06-04-2002, 07:49 PM
It's a conspiracy! :D

Wraith 8
06-05-2002, 06:31 AM
Answer:
His hand

Bonus goes to:
Royalguard

Posted by Royalguard

The clone was created by Joruus C'boath after Luke failed to turn to the darkside under his tuition, and was killed by Mara Jade enabling to fulfill her Last Command given to her by Palpatine, "You will kill Luke Skywalker!".

Fulfilling Palpatine's last command enabled Mara to get her life back together (previously whenever she settled the command would drive her to resume her quest) and work for Talon Karrde as a prominent member of the Smuggler's Alliance.

Later on Mara came to terms with her hatred of Luke, and eventually married him, in the comic books series: Union. This marriage would produce Ben Skywalker (born in the NJO), who could potentially be the most powerful Jedi the galaxy has known (including Yoda and Anakin).Good job Red guy :D

[Other info]
lol at the Norway guys :D
mostly i post when i am able to :D
[/Other info]

points go to:
1st. RoyalGuard 6 points + 1 point
2nd. Darth Evad 4 points
3rd. Com Raven 3 points
4th. Setsuko 2 points
5th. MikeC 1 point

Points so far:
2nd. MikeC 30.9 points
3rd. Darth Evad 29 points
4th. Setsuko 26.2 points
5th. RoyalGuard 22 points
6th. Com Raven 20 points
7th. Koffin 7 points
9th. Rogue15 5 points
10th. Gaalgoth 5 points

9th. Question:
Luke Skywalker flew when he lived on Tattooine. he flew with Biggs and Fixer. But what kind of vehicel did he fly?

setsuko
06-05-2002, 08:16 AM
Luke had a T-16 Skyhopper.

setsuko
06-05-2002, 08:20 AM
It can be seen in the Lars family garage, where the start of the fullsize model stands. However, they could'nt afford to finish it, so they just put it mostly out of sight, but you can still see glimpses of it. Oh, and it has almost the same controls as the T-65 X-Wing, and since you can add simple armaments under it, it is a good craft to use when learning to fly an X, but a lot cheaper. After all, they are both made by Incom, and have a lot in common.

RoyalGuard
06-05-2002, 08:57 AM
He flew the Incom T-16 Skyhopper for fun (he's playing with a scale model of this early on in the film)

And got around in a Landspeeder.

The T-16 was produced by Incom before they were declared illegal by the Empire, and their assets were seized for being Rebel sympathisers (which they weren't). Ironically, this action by the Empire caused Incom to sell their design to the Alliance, and the X-Wing, when combined with the venerable Y-Wing, allowed the alliance to perpetrate the hit and run tactics they needed to survive.

Luke also held the record for fastest run along the most difficult course of Beggar's canyon.

Darth Evad
06-05-2002, 09:00 AM
He flew a T-16 Skyhopper made by Incom. The same company that made the X-wing.

Jan Gaarni
06-05-2002, 11:38 AM
Luke flew a T-16 Skyhopper, an airspeeder made by Incom Corporation.

It's controls were used in the X-Wing aswell, and for a very good reason too. This alloved pilots to start training in a less expensive T-16, then later go over to flying the T-65 with very little flight adjustments. The pilots were already familiar with the controls.

Com Raven
06-05-2002, 11:53 AM
He flew a an Incom t-16 Skyhopper....

a wing of it can be seen in the background in Ep IV, while Luke plays with a model of it...

he also used it to bullseye womprats, whcih are about 3 metres long, which is why he believes that he can hit the DS cooling vent over Yavin 4....

Paragon_Leon
06-05-2002, 02:39 PM
Luke flew a T-16 Skyhopper.
I may be mistaken, but he mentions something about it in the briefing room of Yavin.

RoyalGuard
06-05-2002, 05:23 PM
whcih are about 3 metres long

Womp rats are 2 metres long, which still makes a bloody huge rat!

MikeC
06-05-2002, 08:37 PM
I think huge is an understatment. You're talking about a rat the size of a large person.

Wraith 8
06-07-2002, 09:53 AM
Answer:
T-16 Skyhopper

Bonus goes to:
Setsuko and Royalguard.
Posted bi Setsuko
Luke had a T-16 Skyhopper.
It can be seen in the Lars family garage, where the start of the fullsize model stands. However, they could'nt afford to finish it, so they just put it mostly out of sight, but you can still see glimpses of it. Oh, and it has almost the same controls as the T-65 X-Wing, and since you can add simple armaments under it, it is a good craft to use when learning to fly an X, but a lot cheaper. After all, they are both made by Incom, and have a lot in common.Posted by Royalguard
He flew the Incom T-16 Skyhopper for fun (he's playing with a scale model of this early on in the film)

And got around in a Landspeeder.

The T-16 was produced by Incom before they were declared illegal by the Empire, and their assets were seized for being Rebel sympathisers (which they weren't). Ironically, this action by the Empire caused Incom to sell their design to the Alliance, and the X-Wing, when combined with the venerable Y-Wing, allowed the alliance to perpetrate the hit and run tactics they needed to survive.

Luke also held the record for fastest run along the most difficult course of Beggar's canyon.You bothe get 0.5 points for telling something interesting.

[Other info]
Sorry Jan. your extra info was simular to Setsuko and Royal guard. the both told different stuff.

Sorry Leon. first 5 get points. got to be fast, fast, fast. :D

about the womprats.

Jan Dodonna:
The Target area is 2 meters wide.

The presumed Wedge at first:
Thats impossible. even for a computer.

Luke:
It is not impossible. i used to bullseye womprats in my T-16 back home. they arent much bigger than 2 meters.

That is how it is said in the movies.
[/Other info]

points go to:
1st. Setsuko 6 points + 0.5 points
2nd. Royal Guard 4 points + 0.5 points
3rd. Darth Evad 3 points
4th. Jan Gaarni 2 points
5th. Com Raven 1 point

Points so far:
1st. Jan Gaarni 38.9 points
2nd. Setsuko 32.7 points
3rd. Darth Evad 31 points
4th. MikeC 30.9 points
5th. RoyalGuard 26.05 points
6th. Com Raven 21 points
7th. Koffin 7 points
9th. Rogue15 5 points
10th. Gaalgoth 5 points

10th. Question:
What is the name of the species that attacked Bakura right after the Battle of Endor?

setsuko
06-07-2002, 10:03 AM
Ssri-ruuk. From the book "the truce of Bakura".

MikeC
06-07-2002, 01:09 PM
Ssri-Ruuk. As mentioned they are from "Truce at Bakura". They were stealing people's souls to power their machinery. Little known to the imperials on Bakura, the Emperor had OKed their attacking that world. I forget exactly why.

They made a truce with the rebellion to fight this new threat together.

Jan Gaarni
06-07-2002, 01:54 PM
The name of the species was Ssi-ruuk, a dragon like creature (without the wings ;) ) of warm blooded saurians.

They had embarked on a campaign of conquest, and Bakura was their first target. Had they been able to take it, they would pose a significant threat to the galaxy.

The defence of Bakura, however, was strenghtened by Rebel forces, and the first truce between Rebel and Imperial forces took effect.

Darth Evad
06-07-2002, 02:24 PM
Ssri-ruuk.

Damn!! MikeC posted before me. I was beating him by 0.1 points.

Koffin
06-08-2002, 03:21 AM
Hey, you didnt phrase it in the form of a question.

gonk-raider
06-08-2002, 09:47 AM
bmump

Com Raven
06-09-2002, 10:41 AM
some of the Imperials tried to cheat on the rebels though...

RoyalGuard
06-09-2002, 03:04 PM
Damn, slow this time!

The alien race was the ssi-ruk, a reptillian race who used another race, the P'weck as a slave caste. The ssi-ruk used revolutionary droid technology which was powered by the conciousness of a sentient being that had been 'transformed'. The ssi-ruk were also masters of mental manipulation and brainwashed Dev Sipwarra into working for them.

The ssi-ruk began attacking the Empire when they found that human conciousness was much more effective at powering their battle 'droids' than P'weck minds (which degraded over time). The emperor, when he learned of the ssi-ruk, agreed to exchange slaves for the new droid technology. This exchange was the only reason that could make the Ssi-ruk leave their home worlds, as they believe that if they die away from home, their souls will be condemmed to wander the stars indefinitely.

Incidentally Truce at Bakura involves the first instance of Leia accepting Anakin Skywalker as her father, an alliance between the Empire and the Rebels and Luke finding another force-sensitive being who wasn't an old Jedi, leading him to wonder about the possibility of re-establishing the Jedi council.

Wraith 8
06-10-2002, 07:41 AM
Answer:
Ssri-ruuk

The Bonus goes to:
RoyalGuard
Posted by RoyalGuard
The alien race was the ssi-ruk, a reptillian race who used another race, the P'weck as a slave caste. The ssi-ruk used revolutionary droid technology which was powered by the conciousness of a sentient being that had been 'transformed'. The ssi-ruk were also masters of mental manipulation and brainwashed Dev Sipwarra into working for them.

The ssi-ruk began attacking the Empire when they found that human conciousness was much more effective at powering their battle 'droids' than P'weck minds (which degraded over time). The emperor, when he learned of the ssi-ruk, agreed to exchange slaves for the new droid technology. This exchange was the only reason that could make the Ssi-ruk leave their home worlds, as they believe that if they die away from home, their souls will be condemmed to wander the stars indefinitely.

Incidentally Truce at Bakura involves the first instance of Leia accepting Anakin Skywalker as her father, an alliance between the Empire and the Rebels and Luke finding another force-sensitive being who wasn't an old Jedi, leading him to wonder about the possibility of re-establishing the Jedi council.Sorry you guys... but he told the most of it. very good Royal :D

[Other info]
Posted by Koffin
Hey, you didnt phrase it in the form of a question.That is because English isnt my first language :D
Posten by Gonk-raider
bmump You bumped it.. but you didnt post an answerr... why?
Posted by Com Raven
some of the Imperials tried to cheat on the rebels though...Why didnt you post an answer?
[/Other info]

points go to:
1st. Setsuko 6 points
2nd. MikeC 4 points
3rd. Jan Gaarni 3 points
4th. Darth Evad 2 points
5th. Royal Guard 1 point + 1 point

Points so far:
1st. Jan Gaarni 41.9 points
2nd. Setsuko 38.7 points
3rd. MikeC 34.9 points
4th. Darth Evad 33 points
5th. RoyalGuard 28.05 points
6th. Com Raven 21 points
7th. Koffin 7 points
9th. Rogue15 5 points
10th. Gaalgoth 5 points

11th. Question:
Hoth. Iceplanet. But wich number did that planet have of the Hoth system? example. the 4th moon of Yavin. Yavin4.
the ...... planet of the Hoth System.

Darth Evad
06-10-2002, 09:06 AM
Hoth is the 6th planet in the Hoth system.

setsuko
06-10-2002, 10:11 AM
Yup, the 6th, accoring to some old map I have lying around. Don't know how "official" it is though.

Jan Gaarni
06-10-2002, 12:58 PM
Hoth is the 6th planet in the Hoth System.

And I got to ask now. What is the Ssi-ruuks name? Is it Ssi-ruuk, or is it Ssri-ruuk. Cause in 3 of my books they are called Ssi-ruuk and I highly doubt all 3 have typos thru-out them. :confused:

RoyalGuard
06-10-2002, 02:01 PM
Hoth is the 6th planet in the system.

Hoth is an ice planet, prone to frequent meteor strikes and very cold weather patterns. In fact, it was so remote and desolate that it made a perfect new base for the scattered rebel alliance, despite the intense modifications the rebels had to make to their technology so that it would function in the cold.

The rebel base was under the command of General Rieekan (sp?) and had just got to full operational status when a probe droid compromised the location of the base.

Hoth itself has two predominant life forms: tauntauns a herbivorous-herd animal and wampas, the tauntauns natural predator that is unusually cunning and hunts using ambush techniques.

The hoth system was also remarkably close to the Bespin system, close enough that the Falcon could make it there on back-up hyperdrive in only a couple of days :)

RoyalGuard
06-10-2002, 02:02 PM
Also, it is Ssi-Ruuk.

Jman3ooo
06-10-2002, 04:57 PM

Com Raven
06-10-2002, 04:58 PM
Hoth is the sixth planet in the system...

also, in it located in the Anoat system, where there isn't a whole lot of things...

Wraith 8
06-11-2002, 08:14 AM
Answer
The 6th Planet in the Hoth system

The bonus goes to:
RoyalGuard (again:D)
Posted by RoyalGuard

Hoth is an ice planet, prone to frequent meteor strikes and very cold weather patterns. In fact, it was so remote and desolate that it made a perfect new base for the scattered rebel alliance, despite the intense modifications the rebels had to make to their technology so that it would function in the cold.

The rebel base was under the command of General Rieekan (sp?) and had just got to full operational status when a probe droid compromised the location of the base.

Hoth itself has two predominant life forms: tauntauns a herbivorous-herd animal and wampas, the tauntauns natural predator that is unusually cunning and hunts using ambush techniques.

The hoth system was also remarkably close to the Bespin system, close enough that the Falcon could make it there on back-up hyperdrive in only a couple of days :)Good job.. you always seem to look the info up :D

[Other info]
Com.... you haver to be faster man.. you fell out of the prices again.. your getting behind :D
[/Otehr info]

points go to:
1st. Darth Evad 6 points
2nd. setsuko 4 points
3rd. Jan Gaarni 3 points
4th. RoyalGuard 2 points + 1 point
5th. Jman3ooo 1 point

Points so far:
1st. Jan Gaarni 44.9 points
2nd. Setsuko 42.7 points
3rd. Darth Evad 39 points
4th. MikeC 34.9 points
5th. RoyalGuard 31.05 points
6th. Com Raven 21 points
7th. Koffin 7 points
9th. Rogue15 5 points
10th. Gaalgoth 5 points
11th. Jman3ooo 1 point

12th. Question:[
On what planet did Han Solo run into a bounty hunter acording to Star Wars Episode 5 The Empire Strikes back?
[EXTRA: The one that gives original information about other things that happened on thsi planet gets 2.5 points EXTRA]

RoyalGuard
06-11-2002, 08:24 AM
Han says: "That Bounty Hunter we ran into on Ord Mantell changed my mind."

Shock, horror! My knowledge of the Star Wars universe draws a blank on this one!

RoyalGuard
06-11-2002, 08:39 AM
After a brief search of the SW.com databank:

Obi-wan and Qui-Gon went there 5 years before TPM. Ord Mantell is described as a lawless world where the Jedi are not welcome. Ord Mantell also has a thriving slave trade.

Dash Rendar followed IG-88 to Ord Mantell in the search for Han after Fett made of with his carbonite-frozen form.

Most of Bail Organa's family funds were stored on Ord Mantell, until they were liberated by Leia sometime after ANH but before ESB.

Some one who's read the comics will probably come up with more...

Darth Evad
06-11-2002, 09:24 AM
Ord Mantell.

RoyalGuard pretty much covered the rest.

setsuko
06-11-2002, 09:29 AM
Ord Mantell. Yup, RG snatches the bonus on this one too :)

setsuko
06-11-2002, 09:35 AM
More info:

Han and his twin children has various adventures on Ord Mantell in the Young Jedi Knigt series, in the appropriately named book "Return to Ord Mantell". Black Sun wants revenge, there's a race, and whatnot. Haven't read it yet.

MikeC
06-11-2002, 11:27 AM
Ord Mantell

Com Raven
06-11-2002, 12:57 PM
Ord Mantell, godammit my points

Jman3ooo
06-11-2002, 05:12 PM
Ord Mantell YAY 1 point

Wraith 8
06-13-2002, 08:56 AM
Answer:
Ord Mantell

Bonus goes to:
RoyalGuard (walking databank :D)
Posted by RoyalGuard
After a brief search of the SW.com databank:

Obi-wan and Qui-Gon went there 5 years before TPM. Ord Mantell is described as a lawless world where the Jedi are not welcome. Ord Mantell also has a thriving slave trade.

Dash Rendar followed IG-88 to Ord Mantell in the search for Han after Fett made of with his carbonite-frozen form.

Most of Bail Organa's family funds were stored on Ord Mantell, until they were liberated by Leia sometime after ANH but before ESB.

Some one who's read the comics will probably come up with more...You get the 2.5 points.. but i saw yesterday that i made a HUGE mistake. the extra info was not the planet ord mandell.... it was another planet.. i thought that on Ord Mantell Luke and Vader had a fight and that Vader lost his hnad there (again) :D.. my mistake.

[Other info]
Jman3ooo... im sorry man.. you answered as 6th.. only the first 5 get points. be faster :D

Jan Gaarni has finaly been passed up by Setsuko.
RoyalGuard made a jump from 5th. to 3rd.
[/Other info]

points go to:
1st. RoyalGuard 6 points + 2,5 points
2nd. Darth Evad 4 points
3rd. setsuko 3 points
4th. MikeC 2 points
5th. Com Raven 1 point

Points so far:
1st. Setsuko 45.7 points
2nd. Jan Gaarni 44.9 points
3rd. RoyalGuard 40 points
4th. Darth Evad 39 points
5th. MikeC 36.9 points
6th. Com Raven 22 points
7th. Koffin 7 points
9th. Rogue15 5 points
10th. Gaalgoth 5 points
11th. Jman3ooo 1 point

13th. Questions:
What is the Main reason the Millenium Falcon keeps breaking down? Hint: 'minds'

Darth Evad
06-13-2002, 09:26 AM
The minds of the pilot and first mate don't have enough capacity to know how much and what the configuration changes do. Remember, the captain won the "piece of junk" in a card game.

setsuko
06-13-2002, 09:52 AM
The hyperdrive keeps malfunctioning during the movies. And the fact that it is built by a wide range of spare parts, found objects, and pure junk doesn't improve things. Is there really one original piece on the whole ship? :)

RoyalGuard
06-13-2002, 10:04 AM
There are several theories as to why the Falcon is so unreliable.

The one that I believe Wraith refers to is that the falcon has three droid minds integrated into it, which bicker constantly and cause things to break.

Other reasons include Han and Chewie having jury-rigged, replaced and upgraded so many things over the years that the only original material in the entire ship is the hull!

The Falcon was originally owned by Lando Calrissian, who made major modifications to the corellian YT-1300 transport. It was won by Han Solo after a game of Sabacc. The stake was one of Lando's ships; Lando expected Han to choose one of his flashier recreation models, but Han showed surprising insight and picked the falcon instead.

Upgrades to the Falcon include:
Three droid minds to 'co-ordinate' the maintenance and power regulation of the Falcon's systems.
2 Quad laser turrets
Concussion Missile tubes
Smuggling Compartments
Upgraded Shields
Pintel-mounted under-hull light repeat (seen in ESB)
Better Shields
MUCH better (though very unreliable) hyper-drive.
Holo-chess table

In later years many of the more illegal systems were removed, the falcon got maintenance from legit engineers and became more reliable. In the NJO the falcon also recieved a coat of matte black paint to improve sensor camouflage and alter it's distinct appearance.

setsuko
06-13-2002, 10:11 AM
Doh! I forgot the droid minds! And you even gave a hint! Baaaad setsuko.

RoyalGuard
06-13-2002, 10:20 AM
So that's first correct answer to the red guy again (aka the walking databank)

What more proof do you need of Imperial superiority? :D

DashRendar1
06-13-2002, 10:21 AM
Can I get on this?

Yup, the droid minds bickering and always predicting that theFalcon won't work. They also seem to be rude. (Refer to the scene with 3P0 and the computer in ESB)

Also, Han and Chewie did modifications that improve the ship, but made repairs harder. In SOTE, Lando complains that Han mad a rats nest of wires where there should be a pop out circuit board.

Wraith 8
06-13-2002, 10:43 AM
:D lol :D oh and dash.. sure you can join up :D

Darth Evad
06-13-2002, 01:29 PM
Doh...yep I guessed. :)

DashRendar1
06-14-2002, 09:59 AM
Cool! Thanks!

Jan Gaarni
06-14-2002, 10:52 PM
Well, as usual I'm late. :rolleyes:

But anyway, it's mostly because the three droid brains that the ship has predicts that the ship won't fly, but Solo and Chewbacca somehow manages to get airborn anyway. :D

Royal Guard listed many extra components added to the ship, however he left out some:

It is fitted with a sensor suite system (highly illegal might I add) which can detect Imperial ships long before they detect the Falcon.
It also sports modifications to it's sublight engines aswell, and it has a very short start-up sequence of about 3 minutes.

setsuko
06-14-2002, 10:59 PM
*Checks the list*

WTF? I lead? Maaaan.. it seems like I have to get a life and spend less time checking the boards...

nah. I'll do that some other day. And guys, you have to admit that the whole quiz becomes a lot more interesting when the quizmaster has no clue what he asks, aight? Just kidding, you're doing a great job Wraith!

RoyalGuard
06-18-2002, 07:34 AM
So that's three correct answers, is it too much to ask for two more people to post - I'm beginning to jones for my Trivia fix, and I'm so close to going top! SOO CLOOSSSE!

Oh, wait I seem to have lost my life, I'll be back when I find another one and can stop taking this seriously... :D

RoyalGuard
06-21-2002, 07:42 AM
OK, as part of setting his affairs in order, Wraith 8 pmed me to keep the trivia thread going in his absence, so here goes...

Wraith's previous question:

What is the Main reason the Millenium Falcon keeps breaking down? Hint: 'minds'

The answer: The three droid minds on the falcon. Only three correct answers, with points being allocated thus:

1st: er, me - 6 points
2nd: Dash Rendar1 - 4 points (welcome to the thread btw!)
3rd: Jaan Garni - 3 points

bonus goes to Jaan (well I can't give the points to me!) for:
Royal Guard listed many extra components added to the ship, however he left out some:

It is fitted with a sensor suite system (highly illegal might I add) which can detect Imperial ships long before they detect the Falcon.

It also sports modifications to it's sublight engines aswell, and it has a very short start-up sequence of about 3 minutes.

Giving Jaan 1 bonus point.

So the points are now:
1st. Jan Gaarni 48.9 points
2nd. RoyalGuard 46 points
3rd. Setsuko 45.7 points
4th. Darth Evad 39 points
5th. MikeC 36.9 points
6th. Com Raven 22 points
7th. Koffin 7 points
9th. Rogue15 5 points
10th. Gaalgoth 5 points
11th Dash Rendar1 4 points
12th. Jman3ooo 1 point

So Setsuko slips, giving Jaan back the lead, and Dash gets a running start to 11th place.

and so to question 14:
There have been 5 Super-Class Stardestroyers in the history of the galactic civil war. What were their names?

You need all 5 to qualify as a correct answer, and one bonus point will be awarded for the best background history for EACH individual ship (i.e. 1 point if you just describe the history of 1 ship, 5 bonus points if you give background for all of them.)

DashRendar1
06-21-2002, 10:18 AM
Grr i only know four...that really stinks

RoyalGuard
06-21-2002, 04:58 PM
Anyone who's read the X-Wing series by Stackpole and Allston should know 3, Darksabre has the 5th and the 1st was in the films...

If more people post saying the question is too difficult I'll drop the number of names needed to three...

setsuko
06-21-2002, 05:36 PM
Hmm.. now, without my books, all I know is the badass one, the one in the movies: the EXECUTOR, darth vaders own toy. And now I'll go celebrate midsommar, so I guess the rest is up to you all :)

The Executor is the one that crashes into Death Star II

And some info, from the database:

The surface of the Executor was dotted with all sorts of weaponry. Its front arc was covered by 200 heavy and light turbolaser batteries, 50 concussion missile launchers, 100 ion cannons, and 20 tractor beam projectors. Its side arcs each boasted coverage by 75 light turbolaser batteries and 50 heavy turbolaser batteries, as well as 75 missile tubes, 50 ion cannons and 10 tractor beam projectors. The rear arc, traditionally the least defended area of a vessel, had an impressive weapons array of 50 heavy turbolaser batteries, 50 missile tubes, and 50 ion cannons.

Its 12,800 meters long, and made, like most cool Empire ships, by the allmighty Kuat Drive Yards.

EDIT: Of course! The Lusankya! The Lusankya was used as an Imperial prison by Ysanne Isard until its secret was discovered by Rogue Flight pilot Corran Horn. Oh, and then Warlord Zsinj managed to procure a Super Star Destroyer, the Iron Fist. It was also destroyed, but after quite a fight. Hmmm.. thats three...

setsuko
06-21-2002, 05:54 PM
I found one more. I had it on my tongue. It's the Vengeance, featuring in the X-wing vs. Tiefigter game expansion, Balance of the Force. Now that's a big target!

EDIT:

HAH! The Guardian, from Wanted by Cracken! Thats five! *whew*. Now I can go partying with good conscience.

setsuko
06-21-2002, 06:08 PM
Oh, a friend mailed this to me when I told him about the question. Perhaps I should not take the credit for it, but after all, I don't see this quiz thing as a way to see who knows the most, I see it rather as a way to learn more obscure things. So, here's "Super star destroyers 101":

Executor

Lord Vader's personal flagship, seen in The Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi. The first ship constructed in its class. Built under heavy security at the Kuat Drive Yards shipyards at Fondor, shortly after the Battle of Yavin, as seen in Classic STAR WARS comics. Destroyed after impaling the second Death Star at Endor when the battle station exploded.

Reaper

Flagship of Scourge Squadron, an elite group of star destroyers which was formed for Grand Moff Tarkin and commanded by Grand Moff Ardus Kaine subsequent to Tarkin's death. Flagship of Kaine's Pentastar Alignment Imperial faction at a time approximately three years after the Emperor's death. [STAR WARS Adventure Journal #3]. Kaine died during the Emperor's cloned return and was replaced by Admiral Pellaeon. At the Battle of Oringa destroyed the New Republic fleet carrier Endurance with all its fighters aboard. (This was history at the start of Before the Storm, but must have happened sufficiently late in New Republic history for the new government to have acquired or designed its own dedicated carrier vessels.) Lost while repelling a New Republic invasion of Moff Getelles' territory after Planet of Twilight. [STAR WARS Essential Chronology]

Terror

Admiral Sarn's command ship appearing in the Rebel Assault II computer game, which is set sometime before Return of the Jedi. Some story elements in these games don't mesh well with the movies, so the status of the Terror in the overall continuity is uncertain.

Guardian

Flagship of Fleet Admiral Gaen Drommel. Was stationed in the Core regions near Coruscant at the time of Return of the Jedi. Immediately after word of Palpatine's death was received the Guardian departed to Drommel's home sector as part of his efforts to establish a small personal empire. Severely damaged in a battle with New Republic forces which took place not more than three years after Return of the Jedi. Survived until at least three years after Return of the Jedi [described in Wanted by Cracken]. Captured by New Republic agents more than a decade later [SW Adventure Journal #15: Two for One].

Vengeance

Commanded by Admiral Senn in Airam sector sometime between the battles of Hoth and Endor. Destroyed by outgunned rebels in a concerted attack in one of the possible outcomes of Balance of Power; destroyed the Mon Calamari cruiser Liberty in a different game outcome. The real fate of this ship is unknown. [NB. this ship is not the same as the Vengeance serving as flagship for the dark Jedi Jerec, which is a completely different class.]

Aggressor

The flagship of Admiral Roek was stationed in the Inner Rim regions of the galaxy before the Battle of Endor. Six months later it was recalled to the Galactic Core to fortify and defend the shipyards of the Corellian system from potential rebel attack [STAR WARS Adventure Journal #2]. This ship, or another by the same name, remained in service and recognised the authority of Ysanne Isard two and a half years after the Battle of Endor.

Iron Fist

Constructed as Brawl (one of the earliest ships in the Executor-class) and presented to Admiral Zsinj by the Emperor. Renamed after his first command, a Victory-class destroyer. Infamous flagship of the renegade Imperial Warlord Zsinj and used extensively by his forces in campaigns concurrent with the New Republic's capture of Coruscant three years after the Battle of Endor, as described in the X-Wing novels. The target of a five month search by a New Republic naval task force led by General Han Solo, four years after the Battle of Endor [The Courtship of Princess Leia].

Lusankya

Secretly built at Kuat under Executor's name and then buried on the surface of Coruscant during the reign of Emperor Palpatine, the Lusankya was used as a top-secret holding facility for prisoners of Imperial Intelligence. Three years after the Battle of Endor, this warship fell under the command of Ysanne Isard. This ship was equipped with an unorthodox repulsorlift bed enabling it to lift off the surface of the planet. Captured by Thyferran and independent forces aligned with the New Republic. Its exact ownership after that point is unclear, but (under command of General Wedge Antilles) Lusankya was decisive in capturing the Imperial planet Phaeda a few months following the demise of the last Palpatine-clone. Its absence from other major conflicts, such as the Thrawn and Shadow Hand campaigns, suggests that the repairs were time-consuming.

(unknown)

Another Super Star Destroyer remained in the sectors of the Galactic Core and recognised the authority of Ysanne Isard, Director of Imperial Intelligence who ruled from Coruscant two and a half years after the Emperor's death at Endor [X-Wing Rogue Squadron and X-Wing: Wedge's Gamble]. It is possible that this ship is the Aggressor.

Knight Hammer

Constructed by warlord Superior General Delvardus and commanded by Admiral Daala approximately eight years after the Emperor's death. Plated with special "stealth armour" as a sensor countermeasure, which has the interesting side-effect of making the hull almost completely black [Darksaber].

Intimidator

There are three of this class of starship in the Black Sword Fleet [in Before the Storm], thirteen years after the Battle of Endor. One of them was originally named the Intimidator [according to Shield of Lies]. This ship is supposed to exhibit design modifications which are distinctive of "late-production" SSDs, particularly an "additional shield tower located on the centreline". Intimidator became the Yevethan flagship, renamed Pride of Yevetha. Escaped with Imperial counter-mutineers to the Deep Core twelve years after Endor. Found damaged beyond repair and drifting near Unknown Regions four years later [SW Essential Chronology].

Razor Kiss

Construction of this ship was almost completed in a spacedock in orbit around the planet Kuat four years after the Battle of Endor. It was stolen by Warlord Zsinj and lasted in his hands for a short time.

EDIT: tidied it up a little.

RoyalGuard
06-21-2002, 10:19 PM
ok, maybe there were more than 5... well, I can see who the bonus points go to atm! You still only need to name 5 for a correct answer...

Jan Gaarni
06-21-2002, 11:20 PM
Yes, there where more than 5 Super Star Destroyers built, and more than has been mentioned in the books prolly too. :)

Anyway, going for the bonus point would be idiotic and time consuming (atleast for me ;) ). Setsuko has already gone off with it. :D
The only thing i can add is that if you mean Super Star Destroyer Classes, then the Eclipse and Eclipse II also comes under this category. :) But I noticed you said Super-Class, so I'm guessing you mean just the Executor-Class Super Star Destroyers. :)

Here's my five Executor-Class Super Star Destroyers:
Aggressor
Executor
Guardian
Intimidator
Iron Fist

MikeC
06-22-2002, 12:30 AM
Lets see, there was of course Vader's flag ship the Executor.

The Lusankya was buried under Coruscant and used as a prison by Ysanne Isard. She later flew it up and out of the planet with devestating results for anyone in the area.

The Iron Fist was Zinj's flagship. He also had another that was destroyed (and he used to fool the New Republic into thinking the Iron Fist was destroyed). Let me see if I can find its name. No, I want to say it was the Razor but that may be totally wrong.

That makes 4. For the life of me I can't think of the 5th.

Koffin
06-22-2002, 12:53 AM
yeah...what they said...

DashRendar1
06-22-2002, 08:36 AM
What the heck, i'll take a shot.

Executor- Lord Vader's Flagship. Built after the Battle of Yavin. The Imperial Admirals thought it would be another Death Star, and tried to sabatoge it. They sent a message to the Rebels, and Luke Skywalker volunteered to sabotage it. One of the admirals betrayed the others, and led Vader to the meeting place where the admirals and Luke were. Luke escaped with the help of R2, who set off a bunch of steam, and Tanith Shire, a flirty Tug puller at the Fondor ship yards (KDY had nothing to do with it, which annoyed them) The Executor led the attack on Hoth, where Ozzel was killed by Vader for entering too close to Hoth. Piett tookover The Executor chased tje Falcon later, and almost captured it. In Shadows of the Empire, The Executor destroyed a Kotholis shipyard, the Vergresso Asteroid Base, and Fallen's fist. It was the command ship duriing the construction of Death Star II. It was destroyed by A-Wing Pilot Arvyl Cyrnd, who rammed the bridge.

Knight Hammer- Was Admiral Daala's flagship after she killed the bickering warlords. Had a unique armor that made it look black. Attacked Yavin 4. Was crippled by Callista, who flew into the hanger in a TIE Bomber and launched a volley of missiles. It was later destroyed.

Lusankya- Originally called the Executor also. Made at the Kuat Drive Yards. Hidden underground on Coruscant, no one noticed because of Palpatine's Force fogging. Isard used it as a prison and as a place to create her sleeper agents. Inmates included Corran Horn, Jan Dodonna, and Tycho Celchu. Corran escaped, and helped find Jan and the other prisoners. At the battle of Thyferra,it was surrendered to Wedge. Wedge married Corran and Mirax on it. It was recently used against the Vong.

Iron Fist- Zsinji's flagship. Originally called the Brawl. Was given to Zsinji for his quick thinking at destroying every single ship on Dathomir so the Nightsister's wouldn't escape. Zsinji renamed it Iron First in honor of his first command, a Victory Star Destroyer. It was chased by Solo and his taskforce. It was destroyed over Dathomir.

Razor's Kiss- Built at KDY. Zsinji hired several pirate groups to help capture it in a suicide mission including the "Hawk Bats" which was acutually Wraith Squadron. Shalla Nelprin, a Wraith, became part of Zsinji's infiltrating team, and went aboard the Razor's Kiss. She planted a tracking device, and escaped. The Razor's Kiss then was captured by Zsinji. IT was later destroyed by Solo's taskforce. For her part of planting the tracker, Shalla was able to paint half a Super Star Destroyer shadow on her X-Wing. Zsinji recovered the remains of Razor's Kiss and made a mock Iron Fist called Second Death. It was filled with explosives and it had one of the first orbital Nightcloaks. When Solo's force attacked the Iron Fist, Second Death was also there secretly. Zsinji detonated it, while Iron Fist escaped under the shadow of an Orbital Nightcloak. and destroyed almost all of Solo's starfighters. Solo thought that it was the Iron Fist that blew up.

Darth Evad
06-22-2002, 11:12 PM
NO FAIR!!!
No EU! :(

setsuko
06-22-2002, 11:33 PM
Haha, well, there's been EU questions before, I think.

Darth Evad
06-23-2002, 10:49 PM
Yeah. But I knew the answer to those ones. I haven't read any of the EU books.

Jan Gaarni
06-23-2002, 11:53 PM
But you don't have to have read the books. It's all on the net. :)

Well, that question anyway. ;)

RoyalGuard
06-24-2002, 04:26 AM
Ok, I've let this one hang open for about long enough now... I'll tone the difficulty down a bit (and actually check my facts this time :( )

Ok, this questions points go to:

1st Setsuko - 6 points + 5 bonus points!
2nd Jan Gaarni - 4 points
3rd MikeC (even though he only gave 4) - 3 points
4th DashRendar1 - 2 points
no 5th place.

We can all see where Setsuko's bonus points went to, well done that girl...

So the current rankings:

1st. Setsuko 56.7 points
2nd Jan Gaarni 52.9 points
3rd. RoyalGuard 46 points
4th. MikeC 39.9 points
5th. Darth Evad 39 points
6th. Com Raven 22 points
7th. Koffin 7 points
Dash Rendar1 6 points
9th. Rogue15 5 points
Gaalgoth 5 points
10thJman3ooo 1 point

So, as it stands Setsuko's gargantuan post gives her an impressive lead, and Dash makes more progress up the rankings. On to the next question, which should please the purists and be a lot easier to answer...

Question 15:

We all know that Captain Needa was the poor Imperial Officer who apologised so fatally to Lord Vader, but what was the name of the Star Destroyer he (Needa) was commanding at the time? The bonus point for this question will be awarded to the first person to name Needa's less famous cousin, who was instrumental in the New Republic's first conquest of Coruscant.

Jan Gaarni
06-24-2002, 05:11 AM
Captain Lorth Needa commanded the Star Destroyer Avenger and it was part of Lord Vader's task force, Death Squadron, prior to the Battle of Hoth.

He also has a cousin, Lieutenant Virar Needa, which held command of the OSETS 2711, an Orbital Solar Energy Transfer Satellite above Coruscant.

The Avenger also have an impressive merit, participating in over 440 planetary suppressions since it was commisioned. It has seen 8 different captains in over the course of only 2 years. One captain was Ferdas. It participated in the search for Han Solo's ship under Captain Needa's command, aswell as such famous battles above the sixth planet in the Hoth system and the forest moon of Endor.

setsuko
06-24-2002, 05:55 AM
The Avenger. Don't know much about it, though.

Darth Evad
06-24-2002, 09:25 AM
The Avenger.

DashRendar1
06-24-2002, 09:48 AM
Needa commanded the Star Destroyer Avenger. In ESB The Ion Cannon at Hoth hit it, allowing the first Rebel Transport to escape.
(Officer: Sir, Rebel ships coming into our sector.
Needa: Good, our first catch of the day)

The Avenger is the Star Destroyer that chases the Falcon out of the Asteroid Field, and gives the Executor the "priority signal" (see Bounty Hunter scene)The Millenium Falcon then landed on the back of the bridge of the Avenger when it left the Asteroid Belt, thereby keeping it hidden from the sensors. That's when Needa apologizes to Vader, and meets his end.

Note: According to Book 2 of X-Wing, Needa was actually sympathetic to the Rebels.

Virar Needa commanded the solar panel in Wedge's Gamble. He is a staunch Imperial, even though it was because of his cousin that landed him with such a boring job. When the Rebels invade Coruscant, Needa feels the need to defend his station. His crew, however, didn't share the same sentiment. His station then actually helps the Rebels. His staion reflects a beam of light onto a Golan Station, thereby helping to destroy it.

Koffin
06-24-2002, 01:54 PM
hmm technicly he had an even less famous cousin, Bob Needa,

He's a gas station attendant in souther mississippi but you wouldnt know alot about him, he was written out of the will. What would he do with the Avenger anyways?

RoyalGuard
06-24-2002, 07:20 PM
Ok, that was quick, maybe a little too easy...

Points: (I'm splitting the bonus point between Jan and Dash - Jan gets 0.5 as he gave the exact station Virar worked on, Dash provided more detail about Virar's role in the fall of Coruscant.)

1st Jan Gaarni 6.5 points
2nd Setsuko 4 points
3rd Darth Evad 3 points
4th DashRendar1 2 points
5th Koffin 1 point

That shakes things up a little bit:
1st. Setsuko 60.7 points
2nd Jan Gaarni 59.4 points
4th. Darth Evad 42 points
5th. MikeC 39.9 points
6th. Com Raven 22 points
7th. Koffin 8 points
Dash Rendar1 8 points
9th. Rogue15 5 points
Gaalgoth 5 points
10thJman3ooo 1 point

So setsuko just maintains her lead and Darth and Dash both make it further up the rankings.

Question 16:

What Species does the bounty hunter Zuckuss belong to?

Bonus points for:
1 - What air mix he breathes.
1 - Background on the species homeworld.

setsuko
06-24-2002, 07:42 PM
He is a Gand.

MikeC
06-24-2002, 09:07 PM
Gand

Jan Gaarni
06-24-2002, 11:27 PM
Gand.

Darth Evad
06-25-2002, 12:16 AM
Gand.

Darth Evad
06-25-2002, 12:23 AM
The Gands lived on the planet Gand. It was a gaseous planet, which is why Zuckuss had to wear special breathing aparatus.
They were were very 'religious', making sure they carried out rituals when ever it was required of them. It is these rituals that they attribute to helping them find thier prey.
They are very proud of thier abilities as bounty hunters (findsmen as they are known on Gand).

DashRendar1
06-25-2002, 01:05 AM
Zuckuss is a Gand.

He wears a breathing apparatus that gives ammonia. Oxygen is fatal to him. One time, he actually swallowed oxygen, severely scarring his lungs. He had his lungs repaired by the Rebels in return for his and 4-LOM's rescuing of a Rebel Transport after Hoth.

A Gand normally has to talk to in the third person if he/she is not a FIndsman. First name if he/she was pleased. Last name if he/she was upset, and "Gand"if truly mortigied. In order to become a Findsman, he/she had to go under observation by Gand elders. Ooryl, Corran Horn's Wingman, went under the same thing. When the Gand passed, he/she participated in a Jaweemine (sp?) Bassically, it was a rite of passage. After a Jawemine, a Gand can say "I", "me", etc.

Wraith 8
06-25-2002, 04:15 PM
Geez.. my first dfay back.. and i missed 3 questions to wich i had the answers.... not fair :D.... well.. continue Royal Guard.. ill be lurking to catch some points myself :D

RoyalGuard
06-26-2002, 02:44 AM
Ok, now I know that Wraith doesn't want the reigns of power back, I'll keep going...

Points for the last question...

1st Setsuko - 6 points
2nd MikeC - 4 points
3rd Jan Gaarni - 3 points
4th Darth Evad - 2 points
5th DashRendar1 - 1 point + 1 bonus point

well researched Dash!
The new rankings:

1st. Setsuko 66.7 points
2nd Jan Gaarni 62.4 points
4th. Darth Evad 44 points
5th. MikeC 43.9 points
6th. Com Raven 22 points
7th. Dash Rendar1 10 points
8th. Koffin 8 points
9th Darth Simpson 6 points
10th. Rogue15 5 points
Gaalgoth 5 points
11thJman3ooo 1 point

So Setsuko extends her lead a little more, will she become the Michael Schumacher of Star Wars Trivia? We'll find out today!

Question 17:
What was the name of the Imperial TIE squadron, headed by Baron Soontir Fel, that was roughly analogous to the Rebellion's Rogue Squadron? (Bit of a gift to Wraith 8 there :D )
1 - Bonus Point: Name the Baron's Son.
1 - Bonus Point: What relation is the Baron to Wedge Antilles?
1 - Bonus Point: Any history of the squadron...

Wraith 8
06-26-2002, 03:05 AM
181st Tie squad

soonter fel was the best tie pilot the imps had. the TIES had a red stripes across the solar wings.

soonter fell joined up with the rebellion after a while. he even joined Rogue Squadron and flew with Wedge. he later on married Wedge his sister. they both disapeared.

when Wedge started to form Wraith Squadron he ran into Fell again. he was now working for Admiral Zinj. Zinj wanted fell to destroy Wedge. when wegde went into a a one to one battle, wegde shot down fell. and landed beside him. he saw it wasnt fell in the cockpit. it was an actor that was playing Fell. the actor was the counter part of Garil Loran. he died there on the survice.

Wraith 8
06-26-2002, 03:46 AM
want a long read?

go ahead :D

one of the youngest Imperial Navy officers to obtain the rank of Captain and command a ship, Fel was everything one would expect from a recruiting poster. Broad-shouldered and handsome from years of working as a farmer, Fel was a native of Corellia and had come through the ranks as a decorated and legendary TIE Fighter pilot. However, he did not enter the Imperial Academy willingly. Instead, he was bribed into go in order to stop him from testifying against Ilir Post, on the threat that his father would be charged with a flurry of minor crimes if he didn't go. This took him away from the farming that he loved so much, but he was determined to make the best of the situation. Fel was a contemporary of Han Solo and Loka Hask while at the Carida Academy, regularly defeating Hask while often challenging Solo. After graduating with honors as his class' salutatorian, Fel earned command of the Pride of the Senate shortly before the Battle of Nar Shaddaa, and was quite puzzled by Admiral Greelanx's battle plans. They did not allow for any flexibility during the battle, while executing the Base Delta Zero order to the letter. Fel had never participated in such an exercise, and questioned the wisdom of decimating Nar Shaddaa. However, the battle was quickly upon him, and the minimal battle plan outlined by Greelanx - coupled with the surprising ability of the smugglers to damage the Imperial fleet - soon resulted an Imperial retreat. Fel, appalled at the losses and at Greelanx's orders to retreat, remained behind to retrieve as many of his pilots as he could before redezvousing with the fleet. Greelanx was angry with Fel's insubordination, but Fel resolved to report Greelanx's poor planning to his superiors. He was assigned to the 37th Imperial Fighter Wing before transferring to Prefsbelt IV as a flight instructor. After receiving high honors, Fel actually was responsible for the training of Tycho Celchu, Biggs Darklighter, and Hobbie Klivian. He was offered a position in Moff Tarkin's bodyguard unit by Tarkin himself, but the defection of Biggs Darklighter and Derek Klivian relegated Fel to the 181st Imperial Fighter Group, which was under the command of Evir Derricote. They scored a hollow victory at Ord Biniir, on the same day as the Battle of Yavin, but Fel was given a commendation on Coruscant in an effort to bolster Imperial morale. There, he met Wynssa Starflare, and they fell deeply in love. Shortly afterward, Fel became known to Ysanne Isard, who challenged his loyalty by trying to seduce him. He refused, and although she praised his loyalty, she also hated him. Fel saw through Isard's ploy and into the heart of the Empire, and didn't like what he saw. He also saw that the Emperor's non-human bias was only as good as the air around it, once Thrawn began to rise through the ranks. Fel found himself admiring Thrawn's plans for the ambush which destroyed the Alliance's supply convoy near Derra IV, but could not reconcile Palpatine's hypocrisy. Although he was promoted to Colonel and given command of the entire 181st Fighter Group, Fel became disheartened with the Empire. Ysanne Isard's sacrifice of an entire fighter wing to lure Rogue Squadron to Brentaal was an action he couldn't reconcile in his own mind. After the 181st was sent to Brentaal to help defend the world - more of an exercise to bring down the Cabal that to save the planet - Fel decided that enough was enough. When the New Republic had defeated the Imperials, Fel was captured when Colonel Salm hit his Interceptor with an ion cannon blast, rendering his fighter inoperative. Shortly before the Battle of Brentaal, he had arranged for Wynssa - now his wife - to disappear. He pledged to help the New Republic if they would help him locate Wynssa, a proposition to which the Republic's Starfighter Command agreed. However, Fel soon turned his back on the Republic and returned to Imperial service. Wedge Antilles, the real-life brother of Wynssa Starflare, thought he had encountered Fel again, during the series of skirmishes against the Warlord Zsinj. In reality, though, the Fel he discovered was Tetran Cowall, and his abilities were augmented with a droid brain in several of his wingmate's TIE Interceptors. It was later learned that Fel had joined the forces aligned with Grand Admiral Thrawn, and he spent the next several years working with the true Imperial leadership to eliminate the various warlords who claimed Imperial rights. He lost an eye in the final battle of his career, and retired to work with Voss Parck as a commander at the Hand of Thrawn compound on Nirauan. Fel was also the "parent" of a number of clones developed at Thrawn's request. The clones were dispatched to several sleeper cells - excellent pilots awaiting Thrawn's reactivation codes. The clones were flash-imprinted with much of Fel's ability as a pilot and warrior, but without his personality. However, many groups managed to retain his love of the open air and farming, and decided not to heed the recall which came ten years after Thrawn's death. Shortly after the Battle of Garqi, it was revealed that Soontir and Syal had had five children together, including a son, Jagged, who eventually rose to power in the Imperial Remnant's military. Both Soontir and Jagged became leaders within the Chiss Navy, and were instrumental in keeping the Chiss from seeing more intense action as the rest of the galaxy struggled against the Yuuzhan Vong

enough?

Jan Gaarni
06-26-2002, 04:18 AM
Well, I was gonna start to make an answer to all of those, when Wraith told me he was done.

Jan: ALREADY?!?
Wraith: Yep. :D
Jan: Copy and past?
Wraith: Aha. :)
Jan: *mumbling* mrrm grrph mathgd :mad: *presses the delete button*
Wraith: Sorry. :(

Kinda takes away the joy of doing research on these things and adding only what is necessarry in my own words, when I get beaten by someone that just copy and pasts the entire thing. :rolleyes:

Oh, well.

Squadron: 181st Squadron

Son: Jagged
Wife: Syal Antilles, Wedges sister, stagename Wynssa Starflare, a holodrama star.

MikeC
06-26-2002, 04:35 AM
181st Imperial Fighter Group.

Wedg's sister was Fell's wife.

Jagged - who becomes a great fighter pilot in his own right and appears in the New Jedi Order books.

I don't think I will get to match Wraith 8's history on the squadron.

Jan Gaarni
06-26-2002, 04:38 AM
I was, then he copied the entire damn thing. :D

RoyalGuard
06-26-2002, 05:02 AM
All's fair in love, war and star wars trivia :D

setsuko
06-26-2002, 05:56 AM
181st Fighter Group. Those comics were pretty good, when they describe the training of elite tiefighter pilots.

And I don't want to be Shumacher!

Koffin
06-26-2002, 06:14 AM
Dont worry Jan, he forgot to phrase it in the form of a question...

setsuko
06-26-2002, 06:20 AM
Originally posted by Koffin
Dont worry Jan, he forgot to phrase it in the form of a question...

ROFL!

Darth Evad
06-26-2002, 09:47 AM
DAMN!!! Too late.

MikeC is beating me again. :(

Wraith 8
06-26-2002, 02:34 PM
just reminder..... evad.. the first 5 get pionts.. if you answer.. you still get 1 point..

and i wouldnt want to be schumaher either :D

JOS VERSTAPPEN!!

Darth Evad
06-26-2002, 05:50 PM
How was that race btw? It was boring on TV. They have been all season.

JACQUES VILLENEUVE

Wraith 8
06-26-2002, 06:41 PM
Uhm .. first.. answer the question. :D

second.. well the F1 race was boring as hell. nothing happened where we sat.

wel friday.. there were people spinning and going of circuit right in front of us..

well the porche super cup was pretty exciting.. a lot happened... but forumla 1 was.. realy boring.. oh well. at least schumacher didnt win :D

Darth Evad
06-26-2002, 07:04 PM
The 181st Imperial Fighter Group.

RoyalGuard
06-26-2002, 11:00 PM
Ok, here's this weeks score, and a big welcome to Wraith 8 who takes his first steps up the rankings this week today after many moons spent asking the questions... and a flying start it is at that!

1st Wraith 8 - 6 points + 3 bonus points (though he misspelt Jaged Fel's name...)
2nd Jan Gaarni - 4 points
3rd MikeC - 3 points
4th Setsuko - 2 points
5th Darth Evad - 1 point

That takes us to the rankings...

1st. Setsuko 68.7 points
2nd Jan Gaarni 66.4 points
3rd. MikeC 46.9 points
4th. RoyalGuard 46 points
5th. Darth Evad 45 points
6th. Com Raven 22 points
7th. Dash Rendar1 10 points
8th. Wraith 8 9 points
9th Koffin 8 points
10th Darth Simpson 6 points
11th. Rogue15 5 points
Gaalgoth 5 points
12thJman3ooo 1 point

So setsuko maintains her lead just, things are getting close at the top...
Equally the race is on for 3rd place, with my frozen score beginning its inexorable slide down the rankings...
and breathing down everyone's neck comes Wraith 8...

and so to the next question, the fairly challenging QUESTION 18:
In ROTJ you see Palpatine consulting with two purple/blue robed figures. On what subject do these advisors, well, advise Palpatine?

1 Bonus Point - any history or background information on these guys.

Ewok Hunter
06-27-2002, 07:02 AM
well I realy don't know for certain, but are they his inqusitors? :confused:

the inquisitors are in charge of finding any force sensitives and either convinsing them to become the empire's dark jedi or killing them. if they accept they are taken to the throne world of Byss (sp?).

one more thing, yalsimari are from myrkr where Talon Karrde set up the base for his organization

Darth Evad
06-27-2002, 09:26 AM
From the Star Wars encyclopedia;
They are his Inner Circle. They are ministers and governors.

DashRendar1
06-29-2002, 12:08 PM
Inner Circle. They are ministers and governors.

This is wild, but is one of them Sate Pestage? They both kind of look like him.

Sate Pestage was Palpatine's longest supporter, yup, he was in league with Palpy long before Vader. He was with Palpatine when Palpatine was still a Senator from Naboo. And he was with Palpatine when Palpatine was cloned at Byss. Pestage was an advisor to Palpatine on Naboo, and he covered up the illegal activites of him. He controlled Palapatine's agenda when he was President of the Republic. When the Emperor became ummm...the Emperor, Pestage was named Grand Viszer. He managed Palpatine's schedual, and even tasted his food for poison. For his services, Palpoatine gave him the Ciutric Hegemony. Pestage, by Hoth, actually was running the Empire. Palpatine was too busy with his dark side studies. After Endor, Isard believed that Sate shouldn't be ruler. She played him against the Interim Ruling Council, and he was eventually arrested and had his neck snapped by Delak Krennel. Shockingly, he reappeared as a clone on Byss (or his clone was the one actually killed) He stood by the cloned Emperor, but he died when the Galaxy Gun destroyed Byss.

I hope this gets me credit....

Jan Gaarni
06-29-2002, 04:26 PM
I believe you are correct, Dash. One of them are Sate Pestage.

I wanted to post it, but I had forgotten his name. :rolleyes:
Had to wait for someone to post the name, but Dahs did more than that. :D

It's the Inner Circle. It consist of Ministers and Governors.

As Dash said, Pestage was appointed the Grand Vizier title shortly after he declared himself emperor. This is a high position. He oversees the myriad departments, byreaus, and offices, aswell as acting as the personal assistance to the Emperor. He pretty much ran the Empire.

There is no other positions higher than Grand Vizier. Noone speaks with the Emperor without first going thru him. The only known exception (aside from Vader) is the Imperator. This is an even higher (altough so faint that they are considered equal) position and he has full control over the resources of the Empire. He does not have to ask the Grand Vizier for anything, only the Emperor.
He even has the ability to select the next emperor should it come to that.
The same goes the other way around, the Grand Vizier does not have to ask the Imperator for anything, only the Emperor.

RoyalGuard
06-30-2002, 06:38 PM
sorry for the delay in finishing this question, some good answers that deserve points here.

I'll update soon, but first I have to unpack eevrything else after getting back from Uni...

Watch this space!

Gaalgoth
07-01-2002, 05:48 AM
not answering a question, just pointing out that wraith's score is wrong...6 plus 3 is 9, not 8............

RoyalGuard
07-01-2002, 03:19 PM
oops, ho-hum er well done to Gaalgoth for spotting this weeks deliberate mistake. Yes that's right you heard me deliberate!

sigh, no I didn't believe it when people used it on me either...

yay for the edit function...

Wraith 8
07-01-2002, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by Gaalgoth
not answering a question, just pointing out that wraith's score is wrong...6 plus 3 is 9, not 8............ wow..... thanks man :D

uhmm to answer the question.. i dont know it.,.. (what.. wraith doesnt know it?) yes.. i do not know the answer to this question so i.. will just cut and paste:

:( sorry :(

MikeC
07-01-2002, 09:55 PM
Since nobody else seems to want to answer I'll do a cut and paste.

RoyalGuard
07-02-2002, 02:19 AM
Answer: His Inner Circle and ministers, while accurate enough for the marks is not the whole answer.

The two Gentlemen you see on screemn are Prophets of the Dark Side. In the scene where they are dismissed by the Emperor, the older man Kadann has just advised the Emperor that the time of the prophecy is nigh, and that balance will be restored to the Force. The Emperor laughed at him.

This is a revision of the roles for these characters for ROTJ to more accurately tie-in with the prequels. Before this revision, the older man was indeed meant to represent Sate Pestage...

Well, good background knowledge by Dash and Jan and a first answer by Evad as opposed to the usual (i.e. Setsuko :D ) changes things considerably...

1st Darth Evad 6 points
2nd DashRendar1 4+1 =5 points
3rd Jan Gaarni 3+1 = 4 points
4th Wraith 8 2 points
5th MikeC 1 point

and a bonus point to Gaalgoth for spotting my maths error...

That changes the rankings to:

1st. Jan Gaarni 70.4 points
2nd Setsuko 68.7 points
3rd. Darth Evad 51 points
4th. MikeC 47.9 points
5th. RoyalGuard 46 points
6th. Com Raven 22 points
7th. Dash Rendar1 15 points
8th. Wraith 8 11 points
9th Koffin 8 points
10th Darth Simpson 6 points, Gaalgoth 6 points
11th. Rogue15 5 points
12thJman3ooo 1 point

So Jan retakes the lead, Darth Evad gets a huge boost and wraith 8 and Dash begin a tussle at the back...

So to the next question, which is a fairly easy one I'm sure you'll be glad to hear...

Question 19:
What was the name of the Admiral who so fatally displeased Vader in ESB?

1 bonus point - background on him, his service record etc...
1 bonus point - first person to quote what Vader says right before killing him.

setsuko
07-02-2002, 02:59 AM
Admiral Ozzel.

setsuko
07-02-2002, 03:08 AM
He says one of his best lines in the movie before that:

VADER: (angrily) The Rebels are alerted to our presence. Admiral Ozzel came out of light-speed too close to the system.

VEERS: He felt surprise was wiser...

VADER: He is as clumsy as he is stupid (Ooooh! -sets) . General, prepare your troops for a surface attack.

VEERS: Yes, my lord.

OZZEL: Lord Vader, the fleet has moved out of light-speed, and we're preparing to...Aaagh!

VADER: You have failed me for the last time, Admiral. Captain Piett.

PIETT: Yes, my lord.

VADER: Make ready to land out troops beyond the energy shield and deploy the fleet so that nothing gets off that system. You are in command now, Admiral Piett.

PIETT: Thank you, Lord Vader.

Jan Gaarni
07-02-2002, 03:11 AM
Well, out of memory I cannot remember his full name, but it is Admiral Ozzel. :D

And just before he croaks, Vader says: "You are in command now, Admiral Piett!"

And don't even try to tell me I'm wrong. That IS what he says before Ozzel dies. :D

Anyway, I'm glad to see people are missing me. *looks in his thread* :( Guess not.

setsuko
07-02-2002, 03:20 AM
His name is Ozzel. Kendal Ozzel. :D

Ewok Hunter
07-02-2002, 04:12 AM
yes it was Admeral Kendal Ozzel.
he was born and lived on Carida, the planet where the Empire trains its stormtroopers, pilots, officers, ect. he was the second son in his family. he presided over the discharge of Han Solo after Han disobaeyed orders. some say that he recived his position because of his family's influence and the power vacuum of many of the Empire's best officers dying on the 1st deathstar. his ancestor Mann Ozzel was the one who organized the trading of Carida's mneral rights, giving the Ozzel family much wealth. when he was a captain he was the instructor at the Naval academy on Coruscant. oh..and FYI he was 1.7 meters tall.

Wings_SWmud
07-02-2002, 04:16 AM
Ozzel, Kendal:

a native of Carida, Kendal Ozzel was the last in a long line of land owners on the planet. As the second son, Kendal was not his father's designated heir, and joined the Imperial armed forces to prove himself. It was rumored that Ozzel gained his position because his family had close ties to the Imperial Navy, especially after he attained the rank of Admiral. It was Ozzel who presided over the dishonorable discharge of Han Solo, after the young cadet ignored his superior officer's orders and freed a Wookiee slave. He was given the command of the Star Destroyer Executor, which allowed the Imperial Naval Staff to keep an eye on Vader while he hunted down the Alliance. Ozzel was placed in charge of the fleet that attacked Hoth, and brought the fleet out of lightspeed just outside the Hoth System. He felt that the surprise arrival of the fleet would shock the Alliance. Instead, the presence of the fleet was quickly noted by the Alliance, which gave them time to prepare their escape. Ozzel was killed by Vader for his failure to cleanly cpature the Hoth base.

--I seem to remember him having a nephew (son?) who was stationed on one of Coruscant's orbital mirrors...can't remember name though.

Ewok Hunter
07-02-2002, 04:47 AM
Originally posted by Wings_SWmud
Ozzel, Kendal:

a native of Carida, Kendal Ozzel was the last in a long line of land owners on the planet. As the second son, Kendal was not his father's designated heir, and joined the Imperial armed forces to prove himself. It was rumored that Ozzel gained his position because his family had close ties to the Imperial Navy, especially after he attained the rank of Admiral. It was Ozzel who presided over the dishonorable discharge of Han Solo, after the young cadet ignored his superior officer's orders and freed a Wookiee slave. He was given the command of the Star Destroyer Executor, which allowed the Imperial Naval Staff to keep an eye on Vader while he hunted down the Alliance. Ozzel was placed in charge of the fleet that attacked Hoth, and brought the fleet out of lightspeed just outside the Hoth System. He felt that the surprise arrival of the fleet would shock the Alliance. Instead, the presence of the fleet was quickly noted by the Alliance, which gave them time to prepare their escape. Ozzel was killed by Vader for his failure to cleanly cpature the Hoth base.

--I seem to remember him having a nephew (son?) who was stationed on one of Coruscant's orbital mirrors...can't remember name though.
oh copy and paste, well anything you can do I can do better:
Clumsy and stupid -- an unflattering epitaph for Admiral Ozzel crafted by none other than Darth Vader, the man who killed him. Ozzel was the Imperial Navy officer in command of the Imperial Death Squadron prior to the Battle of Hoth. Ozzel was a by-the-manual type officer, with little imagination. He initially disregarded Captain Piett's report of life-signs in the Hoth system. When Vader decided to follow Piett's leads, Ozzel brought the Imperial fleet out of hyperspace too close to the system.

Alerted to the Imperial presence, the Rebels were able to erect a protective energy shield over Echo Base, preventing any Imperial bombardment. What was to be a simple bombing strike now was transformed into a costly ground invasion. It was the last error Ozzel ever made. Using the Force, Vader telekinetically strangled Ozzel, and placed Captain Piett in command of the fleet.

Given his ineptness, many wonder how Ozzel had achieved his rank. Some speculate old ties between his influential family and the military cemented his advancement in the Navy. The Ozzels are a long line of land-owners on the Imperial Academy world of Carida. Ages ago, Mann Ozzel organized the trading of many of the world's mineral rights, gaining the Ozzels considerable wealth.

As a second son, Kendal Ozzel was not in line to inherit the family business, so he bettered himself with the opportunities available to the privileged few. He attended the best institutes of higher learning in the Core, using his family name to ascend the political, social and eventually, the military ranks of the Empire. As a captain, Ozzel served for a time as a Naval Academy instructor on Coruscant.

The destruction of the Death Star saw an immense power vacuum from the resulting death of many of the Empire's brightest and most capable Naval officers. Ozzel took advantage of this calamity to further climb the military ladder, landing the position of Death Squadron commander. It would ultimately be his undoing.

Unfortunately, Ozzel's biography is less than one should expect considering his rank. It is said that he rose through the social and military ranks due to his family's [Caridian] influence. It is possible that this also saved him from greater scrutiny during the purges in the Imperial Navy. It is also clear that the power vacuum that resulted from the destruction of the first Death Star caused many to ascend in rank that would otherwise never would have. According to his official biography, Ozzel took advantage of this calamity, landing the position of Death Squadron commander.
Ozzel was, for a time, an instructor at the Naval Academy. It is known that the Rebels used the Academy to recruit defectors; Biggs Darklighter and "Hobbie" Klivian among them. A Captain Heliesk is also listed among their "friends and contacts" but it is not clear who their contact to the Rebellion were. If indeed he was in league with the Rebellion, it is possible that then Captain Ozzel was either recruited by the Rebellion at the Academy or was in fact the main Rebel contact there. If he was the contact, then the question becomes when was he recruited? Nothing in his history affords a better possible link to the Rebellion than his stint at the Imperial Naval Academy.
In the film, upon receiving the report of life-signs with the vid of the power generator in the Hoth System from Piett, Ozzel immediately dismisses it. In the script, the vid also includes rebel snowspeeders, yet Ozzel's reaction is no different. "It could mean anything," he says. Ozzel was completely opposed to investigating the Hoth System. If the ramifications of the probe-droid report were obvious to Piett, then why not Ozzel?
He even goes as far as to openly, though politely, disagree with Vader over the report. He attempts to dissuade the Sith Lord saying that it could be an uncharted settlement or smugglers. However, would settlers require or be able to afford a power generator that could power a planetary defense screen? For smugglers, the same question with the stipulation that they prefer to remain furtive. While each of these may have required some Imperial response, neither would have required the attention of Vader and the Death Squadron. Also note that Vader, Piett, and Ozzel recognized the generator; no argument was made over it.
Returning to Ozzel disagreeeing with Vader, why would he risk himself that way? There was no danger in immediately agreeing with him; what else did the Death Squadron have to do?. Yet he forces Vader into giving him a direct command to set course for Hoth. Ozzel could not ignore that and was visible upset. It is clear that without the direct intervention of Vader, the Rebel base at Hoth would have been safe for the time being.

Darth Evad
07-02-2002, 09:37 AM
Ozzel.

DashRendar1
07-02-2002, 10:21 AM
Ozzel

Wraith 8
07-02-2002, 02:51 PM
too late

RoyalGuard
07-03-2002, 06:52 AM
Well, more excellent (if a little cut 'n' paste -ish) answers, lets see the scores:

1st Setsuko 6 + 1 = 7 points
2nd Jan Gaarni 4 points
3rd Ewok_Hunter 3 + 1= 4 points
4th Wings_SWmud 2 points
5th Darth Evad 1 point

Dash and Wraith will have to be faster next time, sorry guys!

That alters the rankings thus:

1st. Setsuko 75.7 points
2nd Jan Gaarni 74.4 points
3rd. Darth Evad 52 points
4th. MikeC 47.9 points
6th. Com Raven 22 points
7th. Dash Rendar1 15 points
8th. Wraith 8 11 points
9th Koffin 8 points
10th Darth Simpson 6 points, Gaalgoth 6 points
11th. Rogue15 5 points
12th Ewok_Hunter 4 points
13th Wings_SWmud 2 points
14th Jman3ooo 1 point

A big SW trivia 1.1 welcome to Ewok-Hunter and Wings_SWmud for their first steps into a brave new world...

So with Setsuko beating Jan to the punch and gaining a bonus point into the bargain things are close at the top...

Who will win? Yes I said win! This question, question 20 will be the last Trivia question for the 1.1 thread. After this I will create a 1.2 thread and zero the scores. Unless I hear multiple protests to the contrary, then I'll keep the scores... We shall see.

So for the last time this thread...
QUESTION 20
Bib Fortuna's name is 'broken' with a space in it, as opposed to most Twi'Lek names which are 'broken' with an apostrophe. Why is this?

1 bonus point - First person to post the Twi'lek homeworld.
1 bonus point - First person to post the Twi'Lek name for their 'head tails'
1 bonus point - The First person to give the name of the Twi'Lek dancer Jabba feeds to the Rancor in ROTJ
1 bonus point - First person to name BOTH of Sebulba's Twi'Lek masseuses.

You can get the bonus points even if you don't answer the main question... good luck!

setsuko
07-03-2002, 06:55 AM
Head tails: Lekku
Planet: Ryloth
Unfortunate dancer: Oola

setsuko
07-03-2002, 07:03 AM
Sebulbas Masseuses: Ann & Tann Gella (ok, I did have to look those up)

And yes, his name is non-twi'lek to notify that he is an outcast. Fortuna has his name separated to signify his separation from his family.

There, can I have my thanking speech now? :D

Ewok Hunter
07-03-2002, 07:26 AM
darn too slow, like setsuko bib fortuna became an outcast, and thus lost the clan naming thing. he was so shamed because he informed the empire of the many usages for spice.

Ewok Hunter
07-03-2002, 07:50 AM
after being named and outcast he became a thief. he ran across the rubble from a group of slaver working for Jabba and offered Nat Secura, the last member of one of the major twi'lek. his true name was bibfort'una. when jawas found a rancor in the desert, he had one of his rivals, Bildo Kwerve, present it to jaba in a way that caused Kwerve to become Rancor food. he was in charge of finding out about any plots against Jabba and also for finding new dancers. he was the one who gave Jabba Oola. he planed to use Secura in order to convince Ryloth to accept him as their ruler. when he went back to loot Jabba's palace he had his brain taken out by the B'omarr monks and put into a spider droid. when Jabbas palace wasa taken over by Firith Olan, he eventually deffeted Olan and had the monks put his brain in Olan's body.

oh yeah, can I suggest some questions for the next trivia thread? *cough* Vong gods *cough*

Darth Evad
07-03-2002, 09:46 AM
He was an outcast and therefor could not use the proper separation of his name.

DashRendar1
07-03-2002, 10:22 AM
Too late again!! Arr!!!! BTW, i dont mind u erasing the scores..

Wraith 8
07-03-2002, 02:55 PM
lol... i can get 1 bonus point..

Lekku :D that is the name od the head tails... or Brain tails as they are called.

RoyalGuard
07-03-2002, 05:38 PM
erm, I see only three correct answers, so Dash and Wraith can pick up more points. So can anyone else who gives me the correct answer...

oh and Wraith, the bonus points went to the FIRST person to answer the question... so that greedy girl Setsuko (no offense) got the lot...

and Ewok Hunter the Vong gods are very specialist knowledge. They might pop up as a bonus question but I'd alienate a lot of people by asking the main question on them...

So early congratulations to Setsuko, and a question: where did you look up Sebulba's masseuses?

Darth Evad
07-03-2002, 07:10 PM
She used to be one of them. Up until those two beotches showed up.

setsuko
07-03-2002, 09:37 PM
My little brother have some weird Phantom Menace sourcebook lying around. Tons of names. I mean, in the original movies, there's very few names I don't know. But those new movies... geez, I haven't even tried.

And well, finally, I want to thank Sverker Olofsson (http://student.educ.umu.se/~udmh97-66/sverker.html) for making me a conscient consumer. Without him and his dustbin, I would not be where I am today.

Thank you. Thank you all!

Darth Evad
07-04-2002, 01:44 AM
I was the 1000th view. :)

setsuko
07-04-2002, 01:49 AM
Yes. With 200 posts and 1000 views, I guess we can safely proclaim this little project the most popular thread this far. Way to go, Wraith! :)

Ewok Hunter
07-04-2002, 03:44 AM
some more info on the other stuff:

twi'leks are able to communicate by moving their lekkus certain ways. these movements can only be detected by annother twi'lek or a trained protocol droid. they can't use this to spy that well because to signal somting with the lekkus while saying something diffrent requires intense concentration.

ryloth has a weird orbital pattern which causes one hemispher to be frozen while the other is scorching hot. twi'leks live in underground complexes in the 'twilight' between the 2. ryloth's major exports are ryll spice and slave dancers.

Oola was sold into slavery to Jabba by bib fortuna. he kidnaped her from her father, the clan chief, along with another girl, Sienn. while they where waiting in Mos Eisley, luke found them and offered to take them away. sienn went with him but oola stayed because Bib had enchanted her with stories of Jabba's wealth. She had a sister, Nolaa Tarkona who started the diversity alliance.

and another source said that Bib also brought slavery to ryloth, and was thus criminalized.

MikeC
07-04-2002, 05:04 AM
Because he was an outcast.

DashRendar1
07-04-2002, 09:24 AM
Okay.

Fortuna's name isn't "honorable," because, well, he betrayed his people. (He took slaves, and even had Jabba's thugs wreck one of the Twi'lek cities on Ryloth, the home planet of the Twi'leks.) The apostrophe actually has a powerful meaning. An apostrophe in a name caan give a diferent translation of one without it. Names with no apostrophes usually have deragatory meanings. For example: Nawara Ven told Wedge that his name with an apostrophe means "destroyer of stars" without it, it would translate into something that has to do with dung (I think)

BTW, Teemto Pagalies, and Mars Guo (podracer pilots) were both in love with Ann Gella, one of Sebulba's masseuse. And the Twi'lek name for masseuse is "yobana."

Wraith 8
07-04-2002, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by setsuko
Yes. With 200 posts and 1000 views, I guess we can safely proclaim this little project the most popular thread this far. Way to go, Wraith! :) why thank you ! :D :)

RoyalGuard
07-04-2002, 04:38 PM
Yes Wraith, a big :D for starting the thread in the first place...

Excellent answers for what turned out to be an easy question, which sadly provides the last scores for this thread:

1st Setsuko 6 + 4 = 10 (you gotta admit, Sets knows how to go in for the kill!)
2nd Ewok Hunter 4 + 1 =5 points (gained for good background knowledge above and beyond the call of duty)
3rd Darth Evad 3 points
4th MikeC 2 points
5th Dash Rendar 1 + 1 =2 points (gained for good background knowledge above and beyond the call of duty)

That mammoth 10 point award to Setsuko sets her as the undisputed trivia champion of the 1.1 thread... (well I ain't gonna dispute it, she's killed me once already!) and the rest of the scores fall thus:

1st. Setsuko 85.7 points
2nd Jan Gaarni 74.4 points
3rd. Darth Evad 55 points
4th. MikeC 49.9 points
6th. Com Raven 22 points
7th. Dash Rendar1 17 points
8th. Wraith 8 11 points
9th Ewok_Hunter 9 points
10th Koffin 8 points
11th. Darth Simpson 6 points, Gaalgoth 6 points
12th Rogue15 5 points
13th Wings_SWmud 2 points
14th Jman3ooo 1 point

So that's a gold Jocasta Nu award to Setsuko,
a silver award to Jan Gaarni
and a bronze award to Darth Evad.

Memorabilia paper weights to everyone else and thanks for playing!

Now go to the SW trivia 2.0 thread...