PDA

View Full Version : Poll: Coolest part in ep2


Darth_spidey
05-18-2002, 01:02 PM
Ok everyone, what made Episode 2 so great?

Natalie Portman's wardrobe?

or

Yoda with the light saber.


:fett:

Shockwave21
05-18-2002, 01:32 PM
GAH you bastard! YOu had to make us vote on THAT? Well Yoda definitely wins but that still doesn't do justice to the Costume Designer! I commend them on a job VERY well done!
:D

Duncan Barr
05-18-2002, 03:39 PM
Coolest part by a mile: The Seismic charges Jango fired- THAT amazing effect!!!!

Cant wait to hear that sound on our Cinema setup.

Fettish
05-18-2002, 03:47 PM
My favorite scene would be any scene with Jango in it. Also, the Yoda lightsaber fight was pretty sweet.

:jango:

Joshi
05-18-2002, 03:55 PM
close call, but yodas fighting has to be the winner, my jaw was almost touching the floor in that scene, he kicks arse. but amidalas wardrobes wasn't without it's charms, but i'm still trying to work out why she had to get all dressed up just to pack her clothes, it's crazy really, who apart from anikin and jaja saw her?

oh well.

Bloodhound
05-18-2002, 05:01 PM
Yoda defintitly gets my vote!! I didnt know that he could move that fast! WOW!! Even as old as he is.

Even though the chick is still good looking!!LOL:D :jawa

The Rocket Man
05-18-2002, 05:23 PM
I found Yoda's acting also FAR superior to that of Natalie Portman. Maybe they should digitalise her too in the next movie.

sparky_fox
05-18-2002, 05:33 PM
The coolest part was cut from the movie:

The scene where yoda is force stripping of padme's cloths before he jedi force ravages her...

Yoda enteres room:

:rhett:
Yoda: Babe you have become, yes Babe. Some hot loveing do you need.

:amidala:
Padme: Want to play Jedi master and naughty senator with me again.

Close up on yoda's face
:smirk2:
Yoda: Feel my force you will.

Clothes rip asunder and Yoda and Padme get it on while levitating around the room.

:rhett:
Yoda: Who's your Jedi! who's your Jedi!

---

Seriously though, the sonic detonators in the asteroid feild where the best, I antisipated the sound and they paused it just that little bit longer it had the same effect on me just like the antisipation you get before the drop on a roller coaster, it seams like an eternity away and then it just hits you, a great moment in the movie, I loved it.

DBlake
05-18-2002, 06:18 PM
LOL!!!! VERY FUNNY SCENE THERE SPARKY_FOX:D

My Favorite scene by far has to be yoda kicking some serious ***
As for Jango's bomb effect in the astroid field was awsome. The effect reminded me of a guitar noise when it exploded, very cool!!

Eets
05-18-2002, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by Shockwave21
GAH you bastard! YOu had to make us vote on THAT?

I wholeheartedly agree. HOW COULD YOU MAKE US CHOOSE??? :D

Leagle
05-19-2002, 07:11 PM
Obi-Wan diving through that solid window! That rocked!:D

You gotta be a stiff as iron to do that kinda stuff, and as strong as an ox.
I think that whole chase scene rocked! Especially Obi. More bar-arm severage!
(Heh, I remember watching ANH, and thinking: "He really enjoyed that!" when everyone looks at the arm, him and the saber, before pretending they didn't just see an old wan thrash a couple of murderers.;))

I thought the movie was great, but all the stuff on Courascant was breathtaking -we get to see more of what the planet can look like, the weather, etc. (Nice fog!)

Tank_Comie4545
05-19-2002, 07:44 PM
:syoda:
When Yoda was fighting that was the best, his cousin must be a leamer!!! but what is up with this :syoda: it should be green!!!!!!

JimtheAssassin
05-19-2002, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by sparky_fox
The coolest part was cut from the movie:

The scene where yoda is force stripping of padme's cloths before he jedi force ravages her...

Yoda enteres room:

:rhett:
Yoda: Babe you have become, yes Babe. Some hot loveing do you need.

:amidala:
Padme: Want to play Jedi master and naughty senator with me again.

Close up on yoda's face
:smirk2:
Yoda: Feel my force you will.

Clothes rip asunder and Yoda and Padme get it on while levitating around the room.

:rhett:
Yoda: Who's your Jedi! who's your Jedi!

---

Seriously though, the sonic detonators in the asteroid feild where the best, I antisipated the sound and they paused it just that little bit longer it had the same effect on me just like the antisipation you get before the drop on a roller coaster, it seams like an eternity away and then it just hits you, a great moment in the movie, I loved it.

While hilariously funny, that is also oddly erotic...

Darth_spidey
05-20-2002, 04:32 AM
Originally posted by Leagle
Obi-Wan diving through that solid window! That rocked!:D

You gotta be a stiff as iron to do that kinda stuff, and as strong as an ox.
I think that whole chase scene rocked! Especially Obi. More bar-arm severage!
(Heh, I remember watching ANH, and thinking: "He really enjoyed that!" when everyone looks at the arm, him and the saber, before pretending they didn't just see an old wan thrash a couple of murderers.;))

I thought the movie was great, but all the stuff on Courascant was breathtaking -we get to see more of what the planet can look like, the weather, etc. (Nice fog!)


NO CRAP!!!!!! THAT WAS FREAKING AWESOME! YOU WEREN'T EXPECTING IT, just talking starts to run AND BAM! RUN AND DIVES THROUGH A WINDOW! By far best single moment in movie, then comes yoda, then Padme, with part of her shirt ripped off very nice!!!!

pbdrummer
05-20-2002, 06:07 PM
That yoda/padme thing was just stupid, and whoever said that it was erotic...well pal, maybe one day you'll get a girlfriend/boyfriend (whichever), and sure the Yoda thing was pretty bad-ass, as were the seismic charges, and the only thing i liked about jango fett was when he was beheaded by mace windu(thank god there wont be a jango in ep3)....but no my friends, the best part of the movie had to be anakin and padme on tatooine after he killed the tusken raiders and he's saying how much he hates them and how he slaughtered not just the men, oh no.....but the women, and the children. They're animals and dammit, he slaughtered them like animals. That, my friends was the coolest part of the movie...such raw emotion. Yeah.

NemoX
05-20-2002, 09:32 PM
Too many great parts in the movie...Impossible to choose it is...Natalies costumes were very Nice...Yoda with his Karate Stance and saber fighting was Fantastic...I'm glad PB drummer brought up the Annakin/Padme Scene after he killed the Tuskan Raiders...That Line was delivered perfectly and you really saw Annakin take the first major step towards the dark side...Also let me throw in to the mix the part where you see all the Jedi taking out their Lightsabers in the arena and charging the droids, that was a great Battle scene.

Ferox
05-21-2002, 03:09 PM
hahaha dude is that " who is your jedi" thing from something ? because i had a friend in college who i still get to see every once in a while who use to go " whos your jedi" among other stuff hehe, one of the funniest guys ive ever known.

Cracken
05-21-2002, 03:13 PM
What the bloody hell kind of poll is this? It's like making someone choose between steak or lobster! Me? I vote "Undecided". BTW, that Yoda/Padme thing was pretty disturbing...but kinda hot.

JimtheAssassin
05-21-2002, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by pbdrummer
That yoda/padme thing was just stupid, and whoever said that it was erotic...well pal, maybe one day you'll get a girlfriend/boyfriend (whichever), and sure the Yoda thing was pretty bad-ass, as were the seismic charges, and the only thing i liked about jango fett was when he was beheaded by mace windu(thank god there wont be a jango in ep3)....but no my friends, the best part of the movie had to be anakin and padme on tatooine after he killed the tusken raiders and he's saying how much he hates them and how he slaughtered not just the men, oh no.....but the women, and the children. They're animals and dammit, he slaughtered them like animals. That, my friends was the coolest part of the movie...such raw emotion. Yeah.

I don't like defending myself against people who can't tell when someone's joking, so...

:rolleyes:

Clone142
05-22-2002, 01:19 AM
Personally while I enjoyed the movie from an entertainment point of view, I found the movie generally dry, emotionally. Did you feel angry when Anakin's mother died? Did you cry when they buried her? Later on, did you feel the silent anger that is surely building up in Anakin? Did you feel touched or excited by the love story between Anakin and Padme? Did you go WOW during any of the saberfighting between ObiWan, Anakin and Count Dooku (at least Yoda managed to create some laughs)? Did you grip the arms of your seat during the spaceship pursuit? Did you feel sad when Boba lost his father? And the list goes on and on, plenty of interesting events that fail to create any emotions. I mean aren't we supposed to empathize with the characters in a movie (especially a epic like Star Wars)? Care about them and be concerned by what is happening to them?

I don't think the story or events are to blame here. There were plenty of moments that should have moved us. Maybe the script could have been better but it was really the directing and acting that were not up to par.

So my favorite scene has to be Yoda's arrival aboard the Republic Gunship. Saving the surviving Jedi and taking charge of the final battle. I actually had goose pumps and at the same time I was relieved that I was finally able to feel something once again.

OldSkoolJedi
05-22-2002, 04:44 AM
YODAS A BADASS KUNG FOO GANGSTA ON CRACK !

Thats All I Need To Say About That.

Kyle d'Tana
05-22-2002, 07:09 AM
Definitely yoda with the lightsaber. but natalie was also great!!:D