PDA

View Full Version : OUTCAST's episode 2 connection??

Spaceball_One
05-18-2002, 10:02 PM
hey i remember reading somewhere a long time ago about outcast having a connection to episode 2... i just want to ask if anyone out there knows what it is, cause i was wondering what the hell it was right when the movie started. i noticed that those flying aliens that anakin ****s up were armed with one of the guns from OUTCAST (at least it looked like it) but i don't know what else...

ps. did they not show that "a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away" bit or am i just stupid and missed it??

ArmchairAthlete
05-18-2002, 10:04 PM
I saw a Jedi use the Heavy Stance DEATH FROM ABOVE!!! spam move on a Battle Droid. That was a laugh. I saw some more like force push and others.

JaledDur
05-18-2002, 10:14 PM
Yes and the respawn sound was also in the movie.

WarteX
05-18-2002, 10:55 PM
Darth Tyrannus (count Dooku) fought like a stance switcher :)

m64253
05-18-2002, 11:32 PM
I saw a Jedi use the Heavy Stance DEATH FROM ABOVE!!! spam move on a Battle Droid. That was a laugh. I saw some more like force push and others.

Yeah it was fun to see that move in the movie

pnags
05-19-2002, 03:49 AM
and dont forget that yoda used Absorb against dooku's lightning

Ferox
05-19-2002, 04:09 AM
yeah i noticed all the stances and stuff and thought of the game heheh. i loved the movie.

whats funny is my friends girlfriend is a hyper star wars fan and she didnt like it, she liked ep 1 better, and i didnt like it much at all, i had more fun playing the pc game then watching the movie.. im not really a big star wars fan so i dont go to the movie with any expectations, like she knows the scripts for the next one and stuff, i didnt even know what would be in this one.

the battle scene was awesome.. just watching yoda command the battle i was like NICE!.

then when yoda took out the saber 2 guys screamed " OH MAN YODA IS GONNA F**K YOU UP" and " damn your F&*CKED"

i laughed so hard. you saw the evil swelling in anikin.. and the good old imperial march /darth vader music aided that. and boba fet as a kid.. very cool. seeing all the jedi fighting together was great too, and my good old purple saber was in the movie oh yeah now people wont say i have gay pride or something hehe.

Lord Sokar
05-19-2002, 04:32 AM
I immediately thought 'DFA whore' as soon as they showed that shot. It looked so cool.

CreeP_303
05-19-2002, 04:44 AM
I said that pretty loud to myself at the theatre and someone else laughed :p

Brodieman
05-19-2002, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by Spaceball_One
hey i remember reading somewhere a long time ago about outcast having a connection to episode 2... i just want to ask if anyone out there knows what it is, cause i was wondering what the hell it was right when the movie started. i noticed that those flying aliens that anakin ****s up were armed with one of the guns from OUTCAST (at least it looked like it) but i don't know what else...

ps. did they not show that "a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away" bit or am i just stupid and missed it??

Dude it was at the start where it always it, you were obviously to exciteed about the movie hence you missed it. Probably temporarily lossed conciousness from the excitement.

Flashblade
05-19-2002, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by pnags
and dont forget that yoda used Absorb against dooku's lightning

nah it wasn't absorb. It was reflection since it reflected the lightning back on Dooku. I must say after seeing Ep2 I can't stand JK2 MP saberfighting even less. It is SOOOOOOOO pathetic!!!

Vestril
05-19-2002, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by Flashblade

nah it wasn't absorb. It was reflection since it reflected the lightning back on Dooku. I must say after seeing Ep2 I can't stand JK2 MP saberfighting even more. It is SOOOOOOOO pathetic!!!

First he reflects it, but then he also absorbs it.

BlackDove
05-19-2002, 10:05 PM
The second shot was absorb...

Star ReaVeR
05-19-2002, 10:06 PM
hehe, when everyone saw yoda grab his light saber everyone's jaw dropped almost to the ground, especially mine, g-sus that looked SO COOOL, after I saw Yoda fighting, I tried light stance the whole day, it looked so darn cool... damn... I want a Yoda model :(

Flashblade
05-19-2002, 10:12 PM
And Anakin is a weakling :P he blew the fight against Dooku bigtime

BlackDove
05-19-2002, 10:17 PM
You don't get it, do you?

Vestril
05-19-2002, 10:20 PM

...yeah...a weakling, Like Obi Wan.

JMaNtK421
05-20-2002, 12:41 AM
Isn't the connection in the "glow" of the severed wounds/limbs?

They were dueling with g_saberrealisticcombat 1 :D

http://home.earthlink.net/~jasguar/sanakincrop.jpg
http://home.earthlink.net/~jasguar/shot0005.jpg

Jman

JMaN hq (http://jman.kus-numa.net)
Star Wars Mod Lists and more

Pedantic
05-20-2002, 05:18 AM
Where'd ya get a hold of that pic?

Ferox
05-20-2002, 01:37 PM
anikan was a little whining bitch thats for sure .. waa waa obi wan waa waa hahah, kinds reminds you of luke doesnt it?

is it just me or did dooku actually lift and control where anikan flew when he was hit by the lightning.

Patton
05-20-2002, 01:51 PM
Hehe, yeah. I want a mod for JK2 where lightning and grip are combined. :D

Vestril
05-20-2002, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by Ferox
anikan was a little whining bitch thats for sure .. waa waa obi wan waa waa hahah, kinds reminds you of luke doesnt it?

is it just me or did dooku actually lift and control where anikan flew when he was hit by the lightning.

People who say this sort of thing should seriously re-examine how they behave from day to day:

'waa waa school waa waa' or

'waa waa work waa waa' or

'waa waa Anakin/Luke is a whiner waa waa'

We all whine, even me (look up ;))

Xenon812
05-20-2002, 04:15 PM
WHY???
:)
Anakin WAS a whiny little bitch!!!!
Just because someone points that FACT out doesn't mean that pertains to THEIR OWN peronality!

He spends the first half of the movie sniveling and whining about how "IT'S NOT FAIR!!"...and "IT'S ALL OBI-WAN'S FAULT!!!!!". Then he starts crying for his MaMa. F***ing pussy!
It's no wonder he wound up the way he did. He was a spoiled brat!!! Too bad Amidala does not have one lick of sense....being a Queen first, and then a Senator, you would think she would understand that Anakin was an immature toddler....but oh well...

Luke said in Return Of The Jedi: "I have no memory of my mother". This means obviously that something happens to Amidala in the next film (aside from her getting knocked up by Anakin/Darth Vader).

Oh well. Enough of this. I think it is time for my bottle!;)

Vestril
05-20-2002, 04:34 PM
The point is that we all whine about things in our lives, especially when we're of his age. We whine about or jobs, schools, lives, girlfriends, lack of girfriends, and some of us even whine about out overly critical Jedi Masters. It's a simple fact of life. Just because Lucas creates realistic teenagers is no reason to *ahem* whine about it.

Ferox
05-20-2002, 05:27 PM
haha yeah i said in the movie when they got married " damn that stupid woman has worst taste in men then my sister(whos dating a criminal rofl)"

i wasnt whining about him being a little bitch, i was just stating that he is and luke was same way hehe.

btw anikin left the jedi's at the end when he got married didnt he?

Socabapu
05-22-2002, 05:14 AM
Not to jump in anyone's fray here, but I don't think any of this is whining. It's really annoying to listen to Anakin. I think that's the whole point. We as the audience have the luxury of sitting out here and saying, "Well, I sure wouldn't do that. I would be more noble." But he's a brat teenager just like Luke was when he started.
I definitely ran home and checked out all the stuff in the game though after seeing it. It's pretty sweet when you relive that stuff. I second the chained lightning/grip suggestion.

Borf
05-22-2002, 05:26 AM
ROTFL that dfa hit on the droid was hilarious!

gish the monkey
05-22-2002, 05:40 AM
The best part of the entire movie, was when Yoda pulled his Matrix stance after reflecting Dooku's lightining. LOL the entire auditorium cracked up! Yah, the Yoda fight scene made spending 8 bucks on a ticket worth it. :)

Zero Jedi
05-22-2002, 08:46 AM
I thought the connection between JKII and Episode II was obvious. Didn't you see all those Jedi rushing into battle backwards in the movie? It was a backstab-fest for sure.

Aside from that, the DFA on the droid was hilarious, and Yoda was obviously using Light Stance.

Awol
05-22-2002, 12:00 PM
Yoda was just a bunny hopping light stance whore no skill what so ever. He was just smashing the attack button.

Just Kidding it was the best part of the movie.

Awol

Chewie Bakker
05-22-2002, 02:14 PM
And the irony!

Obi-Wan: (to Anakin) Why do I get the feeling that you're going to be the death of me?

And the whole anti-smoking moral in the Nightclub. "[I]You don't want to sell me deathsticks...[I]" That part was hilarious.

Obi-Wan's dry wit was cool :)

I hope no-one who hasn't seen the movie or hasn't read the book comes in here. With all the spoilers... OH! THE HUMANITY!

:yobi: (wulu@ihug.com.au)

Sithcloak
05-22-2002, 06:33 PM
I didn't see the dfa move executed on a battle droid but it seemed that when dooku was about to kill Obi-Wan that anikan jumped in with what looked like a DFA jump but instead blocked his attack. That and the yoda fighting style were the only things that seemed alike between the game and the movie. But I did think rank two of force lightning and that the way he zapped anikan was wierd but cool in a way.

The movie was awsome nonetheless and on my next trip I hope to see the DFA move applied to a battle droid.

Sithcloak

DrNutz
05-22-2002, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by Xenon812
WHY???

Luke said in Return Of The Jedi: "I have no memory of my mother". This means obviously that something happens to Amidala in the next film (aside from her getting knocked up by Anakin/Darth Vader).

If you remember correctly Leia said that she had faint memories "just images really". Luke and Leia were split at birth to protect them from Vader. Something does happenn to our beloved hot momma before EP4, but not necisarily in EP3. We did of course meet Luke's uncle in EP2 though :)

YODA IS A PIMP!!!!!

Epimetheus
05-23-2002, 01:00 AM
Hmph... the DFA must have happened during the one time I blinked during the second half of the movie... I'm SURE I would recognize a video game reference...

Tank_Comie4545
05-23-2002, 01:46 AM
Originally posted by WarteX
Darth Tyrannus (count Dooku) fought like a stance switcher :)

there is no darth tyrannus he was a good jedi and he is not dooku
ie. if he was then why would he forget that he ordered a clone army when they unleased it

SDF h36hYp3r21
05-23-2002, 02:03 AM
Originally posted by Tank_Comie4545

there is no darth tyrannus he was a good jedi and he is not dooku
ie. if he was then why would he forget that he ordered a clone army when they unleased it

what are you talking about? he IS darth tyrannus, that is also his evil name *thinking how they always choose another name when they turn to the sith*

Vestril
05-23-2002, 02:05 AM
Originally posted by SDF h36hYp3r21

what are you talking about? he IS darth tyrannus, that is also his evil name *thinking how they always choose another name when they turn to the sith*

I was wondering the same thing...but I was feeling just too tired to respond to it. lol

Crack 6K
05-23-2002, 02:06 AM
What are you talking about? Darth Tyrannus is Count Dooku's Sith name. The mystery with the whole clone thing is with the character Syfo-Dyas, which noone is really sure about.

wily888
05-23-2002, 02:35 AM
I have a pretty good theory. Sifo-Dyas dies and soon after, Palpatine becomes Chancellor. His new Sith apprentice is Dooku, who takes on the name Darth Tyrannus. The first thing Palpatine does in office is secretly order the clone army, pretending to be Sifo-Dyas. Tyrannus (Dooku) recruits Jango to be the host for the clones. Ten years later and Dooku has begun his separatist movement by order of Sidious/Palpatine, giving Palpatine an excuse to be granted emergency powers and make use of the newly discovered clone army that he already knew about since he ordered its creation. This much I believe is obvious. It is possible that Palpatine, through Dooku, had the Trade Federation hire Jango to assasinate Padme so that through his investigation, Obi-Wan would discover the clones. So to sum it all up, Palpatine makes clones. His apprentice makes droids. Palpatine says, "Hey, he's got droids. Let's use these clones that Obi-Wan found for us to get rid of his droids. Oh, by the way, you need to make me Emperor in doing so."

Chewie Bakker
05-23-2002, 03:51 AM
I think I saw some of those mine-crab things somewhere in the movie, you know those little things that slay the stormtroopers in the mine levels? I'll have to go see it again. It's hard to take it all in on the one viewing.

:yobi: (wulu@ihug.com.au)

[CO] HellmasteR
05-23-2002, 04:34 AM

You do realise that he becomes the strongest jedi ever right? (sith, but whatever) He even drove Yoda back, and killed all the others.

Spaceball_One
05-23-2002, 05:55 AM
man too bad SAMUEL L JACKSON f*cks sh!t up in episode 2. he was so rad in that movie. it sucks that we already know that he and all the other cool looking jedi are going to die (like that one alien guy from the jedi power battles game... and the guy that kinda reminded you of predator with the long dread-things).

me and my bud were like, man how sweet would it be if during the whole jedi scene we see kyle katarn just f*ckin sh*t up in the backround. i mean, sure it was VERY unlikely, but hey, a katarn fan can dream, right? besides, n'sync was going to be in the film for god sakes.

Crack 6K
05-23-2002, 06:32 AM
What are you saying?! Mace Windu rocked. Jango burns him, Windu leaps like 20 feet into the air, deflects 4 lasers in midair, then takes off his cloak, all before he landed in the arena. Plus he beheaded Mr. Fett ;)

UberChild
05-23-2002, 12:42 PM
That was absorb yoda did, like in the books, light force absorb (and maybe dark.. i dunno im quoting a friend who has read alot of star wars books.) works by absorbing the lightening, thenm building it up into one powerful shot and shooting it back.. just like yoda did.. its a bit diff in the game, but that would be kinda harder to add trhen the absorb they have now..