PDA

View Full Version : MAX_QPATH error needs help!!!

Verlex
05-21-2002, 02:51 AM
Alright, I bought the game, beat single on Jedi knight, used a few cheats, played a bunch of multiplayer, etc. I decided I would go back to single cheatless and I got error:

JK2: v1.02a win-x86 Mar 4 2002
Initialising zone memory .....
----- FS_Startup -----
ERROR: filename length > MAX_QPATH ( strlen(Program Files/LucasArts/Star Wars JK II Jedi Outcast/GameData/base/levelshots/) = 78)

So I checked out the registry and found nothing. I had DLed some maps and a Vadar Model but that shouldnt effect single player Gameplay. Any ideas?!

Verlex
05-21-2002, 03:14 AM
Found a post about it, moved the reactor.pk3 to gamedata and now I am geting a firingforce error!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Jesus, I beat it the first time and its fine, I try again and I get every possible error!!!!

The Trooper
05-21-2002, 03:06 PM
Just delete reactor.pk3 the file is corrupt.

robini123
05-22-2002, 03:46 AM
thx Trooper, fix worked.

Elegy
05-22-2002, 05:37 AM
Ya for some reason that level interferes with some SP crap, I dunno why. Works just great with MP. You don't gotta outright delete it though. Just move it to a folder outside of your game. I move mine to C:\JKII for example, because that's where I download all the zip files of the mods I install for this game. That way when you wanna play MP you can just move it back and have that level available to you.