PDA

View Full Version : Trouble connecting to mp games

h0r0witz
05-22-2002, 01:56 PM
I have trouble connecting to mplayer games using both Gamespy and MSN. With each, the process continues w/o problem, up to the point where it says "awaiting Snapshot." At this point, my comp freezes, and I am forced to shut it off in order to reboot. How do I solve this problem? The games works perfectly in SP.

Thanks
H0r0witz

Marhorgan
05-28-2002, 03:52 AM
I'm having the same problem, but its a little different. I'm using the in game server list. I can join fine, but once the map changes it hangs on "Awaiting Snapshot..." for a few minutes and then I get the error "A reliable server command was not found" or something like that.

Lucidity
05-28-2002, 09:49 AM
Just bought the game, my very first PC game for our brand new Dell PC.. The comp is a Pent 4, 1.8 with a 64video card and 256 RDram... Single player game runs great with no problems at all.. I am having problems with Multiplayer though... We have DSL so I chose internet to get a list of games to join, I get the list, choose the name, the room starts to load and then it freezes when it says waiting for snapshot... I wait forever and then finally I did the Ctrl,Alt,Del thing and bring up my task manager and it says the program is not responding, on top of that, when I close the program, My desktops colors are all white and washed out, until I restart the comp, wierd.... Any help would be much appriciated Thanks =)

Strider89
01-26-2003, 07:55 AM
Im having the problems with lockups on the loading thing too. Everything is fine til it loads the screenshot thing. It happens while I get in, play for a bit, and it changes maps. It is unbearable. Please answer.

masterabensett
01-28-2003, 09:34 AM
I think I am worse off than both of you. can you tell me how to find a game while logged on to the internet. I am on the join game screen and I can't even see a room despite many efforts to do so. HELP!!!!!

Hekx
01-28-2003, 09:41 AM
Make sure you have the latest JK2 patch. Which currently is 1.04.

I've had problems in the past with a game freeze up, and it messing up my desktop brightness / resolution.
But now my computer has more RAM memory. I originally had 128MB, then 256MB, and now 512MB..

Maybe low memory is causing game freeze ups?

Are any of you able to play any other games online fine?

masterabensett
01-28-2003, 09:50 AM
i usually don't play them online. i've had this game for a while now and have been VERY content with the bots and mods from the web. but, i have gotten curious to the level of competition on the web and want to see what the story is. i have 1.04 and everything else works fine. I have a dialup connection, maybe that's the problem. Although it says dialup is fine for connecting to game rather than hosting games. I don't know.

:confused:

Hekx
01-28-2003, 09:56 AM
56k modems do seem okay on the right servers.
Hosting servers seem to need a power computer (or one that isn't used as the client) and a broadband connection.

You could try finding a server where you should get a low-ping, preferably from the same country.
But for gaming, cable / dsl / broadband is the best way to go to get the best out of JKII online. :)

The All-Seeing Eye (http://www.udpsoft.com/eye/) is a useful server-browsing tool. You could try to find a good server on there. ;)

masterabensett
01-29-2003, 10:46 AM
i am looking into a cable modem account with my cable provider. I finally got into a mp game through dialup and i see what you mean. thanks you for your help. hope to see you in battle.

:lsduel: