PDA

View Full Version : Want to become a Jedi? Read this for Jedi questions.

Pages : [1] 2

Wraith 8
05-23-2002, 09:01 AM
Good day all.

We had numerous threads on the SWGalaxies forum that indicated that there are a lot of "JEDI WANNABEES". i dont think this is a bad thing, i only hope all of them know what you are doing and getting yourself into.

Now some of us have posted things in threads that asked for Jedi info, and most of those times it got to the same thing over and over again. So Gavor, me and some others had the idea to make a Jedi Thread. so you all can see what we know about Jedi and how it is going to be according to Devs, Mods and members.

All the information below are stated by members of these forums. the name of the person who stated them is above the text.
The information you are about to read was collected by a member of the SWGalaxies forums: Gavor

---------------------------------------------------

Posted by MikeC
I've been saying for a long time that Vader and his imp enforcers are going to be the balance for Jedi. I think there will also be a lot of players who will keep jedi down by hunting them (possibly in gangs). They may want to kill Jedi for a bounty offered by the imperials or just for bragging rights.

Gavor: This has become commonly accepted. Vader will be out for your Jedi head 24/7. Bounty Hunters will probably figure here too, auto bounties may be posted. Read on for more info...

Posted by Kiyamon
The developers have made it clear the being a Jedi is going to be very rare...they say maybe 3-5% or even less of the people playing the game will be Jedi. And once one becomes force sensitive (which will be different
for every player and character) you will basically have to dedicate all your time on being Jedi because if you dont, you can loose your force sensitivity. Jedi's will also be hunted down by Bobba-Fett, IQ-88, and other famous NPC (non-player controlled) bounty hunters. Oh also you will be haunted down by Darth Vader. The Devs have described the life of a Jedi as laborious but very rewarding. In addition I don't think anybody but a Jedi can use a lightsaber and if you are a Jedi you will be more powerful if you create your own saber.

Gavor: It says somewhere that other people can use a lightsaber, but very badly. They won't be able to service it either so eventually it'll fall apart.

Posted by Morat20
My personal viewpoint is that once you trigger the Jedi Quest (however initial force sensitivity works) is that what you do from that point onwards is logged. Jedi are so vital and integral a part of the universe that potential Jedi candidates are going to be screened.

Now, they won't read your comments and move line-by-line, they don't have the personel to do it for the 100 or so Jedi per server.
But they'll look for trends in your behavoir. The fights you get into, the things your character does. To see if you fit the mold, so to speak.
But I think that's just at first. To more often than not somewhat customize your quest. To keep it unique.

But to keep being a Jedi, well...
You see, there's a particular type of Jedi that this time span requires. Discreet. Quite.
Hiding.

You flaunt the skills of a Jedi, and as MikeC said, you come to the attention of Vader.
And not only that, but the very large standing bounty on information leading to the capture or death of a Jedi.

I would hope, actually, that the path to become a Jedi requires long quests. Not the 30 minutes to 2 hour "normal" quests, or even the longer 12 to 14 hour "themepark" quests. But several 10 or more hour quests.
One to find your teacher, your Holocron, or old books. One to learn the skills. One to gather the parts for your lightsaber. One to test yourself as a Jedi.
To make you put weeks of effort, if not months, into creating a character you care about, so that, dark or light, you're not going to lose it by showing off, or ganking people for fun.

Gavor: Some great points made here. Not only will it be hard to become a jedi, it will require more than just a trip to the local dungeon and some high level monster kills to remain a jedi. From all accounts it'll take patience, thought and restraint. Not for the average dungeon crawler.

Posted by MikeC
Its downright funny to see all these jedi and dark jedi PAs popping up. So often I've wanted to smack some of these people upside the head and tell them to go play Jedi Outcast if they want to be a Jedi that bad.

Wraith 8: He is right. How do you know you will BECOME force sensitive and start a PA about it.

Gavor: Hehe. They'll be crying into mamma's skirts when they can't find the 'Jedi' button.

Posted by Gavor
You can't show other people how to become Jedi and therefore build a huge secret jedi army.

It doesnt work that way so just put that bit outta your mind. I assume to become a Jedi you will be sent all over the galaxy fulfilling missions and quests, not sitting around in some training facility.

Posted by MikeC
There is no process to give. It is unique every time. The game's developers have said a path will only be available once and then change. We don't know any specifics yet on just what the process will be.

Posted by Gavor
I get the feeling the numbers really will be kept down, and in two ways.

1. Everyone has a CHANCE to become a jedi, but that chance is incredibly small by all reports. 3-5% of 3000 is 90-150 people out of 3000. To me that sounds quite reasonable.

You'll first have to become force sensitive through a random series of events that you'll never be able to replicate(or so the devs hope). Then you have to train and train, this lead to....

2. Being a Jedi is for the dedicated and serious player. I doubt you'll see 'I am a rockz0r j3di master w00t w00t' too often. Or maybe you will, then you'll get to see that person stomped on by bounty hunters, dark jedi etc. It's only a guess, but my opinion is the devs will make it a long, hard path that calls for a lot of patience and adherence to strict rules. Being a jedi is a not a path of excitement and adventure.

Being a Jedi is still something for everyone to aspire to, I just think a lot of people will be surprised by what they think Jedi are and what the truth turns out to be. They'll be hunted and killed ceaselessly if they dont take vigorous precautions. The path will be long and hard. I know most people will be saying 'oh thats fine, as long as i can be a jedi!' I have an inkling that not how it'll turn out once the game is released.

Posted by Setsuko
"why do you think they'll be hunted every 20 seconds"

Because the little we've read from the developers says that it will be pretty damn long from a breeze to play a jedi. That it won't be a cool party trick add-on to your character, as you seem to think of it ("yeah, I'll be a bounty hunting mercenary, that is a jedi too!").

And if it I going to be so hard, then it is not strange that people speculate in WHICH WAY it will be so hard.

Theory A:

It will be freaking hard to become jedi

Theory B:

It will be freaking hard to keep on being a jedi

I think a combination of the two is to be expected. And if it would be so easy to hide your abilities that you simply don't flaunt your lightsaber everywhere, then why does the dev's say it will be hard? They, if anyone, should know...

And well, most jedi in the movies could sense other person strong in the force for miles...

why wouldn't it happen in the game? There's a reason Yoda hid on the most isolated swamp planet he could find...

Gavor: This makes sense. In the timeframe of the game there are very few jedi and they're all on the run or hiding from Vader. There's no Jedi academy, there's no Jedi council. It's not a life of power and prestige. They're not even keepers of the peace anymore.

Posted by Gavor
However, you can't just start studying The Force and become a jedi. You'll have to hope you're lucky enough to become force sensitive. Even if you are I don't think most people will have the patience to train or the fortitude to be one once they realise its not all beer and pretzels.

Posted by Gaalgoth
Posted by Vicious
Before anyone says "you wont become a jedi, only 1 out of 1000000000 people will be a jedi" I say to you "I play the high level EQ game, I will do what it takes no matter what it requires, just the same as what EQ requires for high level raids"No no no no no no no no NO! You people just don't get it, do you? First off this isn't EQ. It doesn't matter how much or how hard you play, that won't help you be a jedi! It's the proper skill choice and very very rare. This isn't EQ, becoming a Jedi is not the same thing as being high level. Sorry guy, but it's not. You can't choose to become force sensitive, and setting your heart on the possibility will only end in heart break.

Posted by Wraith 8
To all of you who want to be a Jedi:
believe me that everybody wants to be a jedi in some way, even I would like an orange bladed lightsaber and help the rebellion against the Empire and all.
But read this thread and realize that it is gonna be very, very, very , very hard to become and STAY a Jedi. first of all, how in the name of the Sith are you going to be sure that you will be force sensitive. you dont know until you played the game for at least a week. and then become one without being killed by Vader or bounty hunters.
Im just giving you one advice here: take on another job just to be sure. oh and if you realy, realy, realy want to be a Jedi... i suggest you pray you will be.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Now before al you guy and girls start to become angry at our advice and leave us. PLease tell us what you think. and why you think you will succeed or wont. and if any of you have any more advice, tips, tricks, cheats or info, please post them here.

Thank you for your time.

-Wraith 8-

I would like to thank the following for giving their advize:
MikeC, Setsuko, Morat20, Kiyamon, Gaalgoth and especially Gavor for looking up all this info. :D

Zendjir
05-23-2002, 09:30 AM
Whaaa, that was a nice chaotic post you posted there Wraith! :)

I'm not really planning on becoming a jedi but if, by some twist of fate, I do get the chance to become a jedi I'll give it a try. But it will indeed be very hard to stay on the right path because you have this great power as a jedi; but you can't use it! Because if you do all those bounty hunters and vader-wannabees will find out about you and find you and kill you 200 times over.

See it like this: You play Unreal tournament; you find a rocket launcher but you can only use the lousy pistol, because if you don't every player in the match can kill you in 1 shot.
Sounds frustrating, doesn't it? Well, that's the way being a jedi will be, you can only use the 'rocket-launcher' (jedi-powers) in situations where you are certain that noone will find out (or at least not your most feared adversaries).

Only when you are at peace with yourself and your situation can you become a jedi; you must restrain yourself from using the force everytime. 'You must learn patience'

For alot of 'unreal-type' players this will be hard, so only the players that are dedicated and carefull will survive to become jedi.

Just my 2 cents

RoyalGuard
05-23-2002, 11:23 AM
Sounds like an excellent system, glad to see that there's a genuine roleplay drive behind the game mechanics, and that as a loyal servant of the empire (my goal is to aspire to my forum name...) I won't have to deal with too many Jedi...

On the other hand if I become force sensitive I might just try for the light path after all...

Koffin
05-23-2002, 12:32 PM
so Wraith, what are you trying to say here? :3headed:

Kwok69
05-23-2002, 01:29 PM
:DYES YES YES :D

Excellent news - I was really worried about this u know. Now I know that being a Jedi is going to be realistic and really damn tough I'm really up for trying to play one. I havent played the RPG so can u explain to me about force sensitivity please?

:atat:

:fett:

:deathii:

Also, does this imply that Darth Vader may go easy on Dark Jedi (and the bounties will be fewer on these types as they are handy blokes to know if you are a crimelord, imperial sympethiser etc, etc?)

Kwok69
05-23-2002, 01:34 PM
Do you recomend buying the source books and swatting up on this stuff?:rolleyes:

DudEhead
05-23-2002, 02:01 PM
hmmm... so if u become force sensitive, u have to use the force to remain force sensitive but if u use the force u'll be slaughtered? or are there ways to improve ur force sensitivity and become a jedi without being chased by all bounty hunters... i would like it that way... that u can be a jedi but can't tell anyone and that sometimes, if ur careful enough, u can use the force and surprise all who surround u (friends etc. cause else ur bantha poodoo :fett: ) anyway, i think i will like being a bounty hunter hunting down jedi.... only hope that if i have a char that becomes force sensitive, it wont be him :D

JediGhost[SITH]
05-23-2002, 03:28 PM
To me this post seems to be out to scare people from becoming a Jedi... I did, and still do, want to become a Jedi on SWG. Sure, it'll be hard, but I think the devoted ones will become Jedis. After all, everyone has the chance. Thankfully it's not luck.. Like your playing and a little popup appears that says "You have the chance to be a Jedi! Congratulations!". That's the only thing that's worse than what its at now.

I'm glad to see that there will be few Jedi, so that the ones who are Jedis get the respect they deserve (and once we play SWG, we'll see how much respect they actually do deserve!).

Being hunted all the time? Well, if they are the real-deal Jedis, they can handle it. There will be so few, the ones that are Jedis will be "l33t h4xx0rs" though they will not brag about it.

And like you said, the ones that do brag, will die. That's a good thing too.. If I try to become a Jedi and fail, I don't want some jedi walking around shoving it in my face.

Climpa
05-23-2002, 04:58 PM
wow, thats pretty small odds, and i really wanted to be a jedi too, oh well, i guess i gota live with it.

BenSkywalker
05-23-2002, 05:09 PM
I personally dont think it will entail of several 10 hour missions like you suggested, but saying that, I cant figure out how they are going to do it. The reason I say it wont be several of these mamouth missions is that in the FAQ's on starwarsgalaxies.com, one of the guys says that jedi status will be acheivable by the casual gamer, not just the hardcore ones, so god knows what they mean. I wouldnt have thought the casual gamer would play several 10 hour missions.

Talain
05-23-2002, 05:09 PM
I have been hoping that they would use an RP-based system, but my worry is that regardless of my drive to become a Jedi, I just won't become force sensitive. Ah well, I hope there are at least some guidelines they have for how to do that unique combination of events without accidentally screwing up.

DudEhead
05-23-2002, 06:28 PM
If i have a good bounty hunter, I'm happy (with modified firespray in add-on :fett: )

gavor
05-23-2002, 11:16 PM
Just to clear it up, I wanted to collect all this info together so people would know as much as we know. There's been a lot of discussion about Jedi in the forums and we've come up with what we think will the model for becoming a Jedi. These conclusions were reached after the afore mentioned discussions, reading the FAQ, reading other material around the net, interpreting comments from the devs etc.

I don't want to dicourage anyone from being a Jedi, I'd just like everyone to be realistic. If a newbie has a central source of information, they can join the forums as an informed member and other members won't have to answer the same Jedi questions over and over. It's all about making us an informed group, informed is empowered.

I know a lot of people come along wanting to be a Jedi and nothing else but if that were possible then the game world wouldn't be very realistic. If that's ALL you want, go play multiplayer Jedi Outcast for a while, then come back to SWG and play it as intended, it's an RPG, not an FPS.

To everyone who says they'll be a dedicated Jedi and play it as it should be played, good for you. :) I mean that, some have said they don't want d00d Jedi strutting around and getting 'in their face' and that's what the system is working to avoid. I don't agree that Jedi will be '733t h4X0rs', I believe they'll be the smart gamers. I really hope those of you who intend to dedicate the attention and roleplaying a Jedi position deserves, get the chance to become a Jedi.

Lastly, a casual gamer can become force sensitive. I think thats what the FAQ is trying to say. To become a powerful jedi will probably require lots of work and persistence. It's like any other profession, you need to work on your skills to get better at it. And you'll probably have to drop your existing profession and concentrate solely on being a Jedi. Jedi have their own skill tree and I would imagine it also involves some special events/missions.

Be happy! :max:

JediGhost[SITH]
05-23-2002, 11:22 PM
My only question is:

Do I have to play my Jedi character often to keep jedi status? I don't want to feel obligated to play 6 hours a day in fear of "losing my powers".

gavor
05-23-2002, 11:35 PM
No. It's stated in the FAQ you won't lose skills through atrophy. If you dont play for 3 days you'll come back and find your character in the same state you left him/her.

JediGhost[SITH]
05-23-2002, 11:41 PM
Good... Well I don't see how keeping up with your Jedi abilities could be difficult... It would take up most of your exploration time :(

But thats why you have another character :)

Vicious
05-24-2002, 02:57 AM
Sounds like only those with too much spare time will be able to get anywhere near jedi status. oh well, i have no social life.
:emperor:

Wraith 8
05-24-2002, 05:54 AM
i think the jedi wannabees didnt read the thread at all.. the last thing i stated is.: how in blazing hell do you know that you are gonna BE force sensitive?? have you played the game already?? you got contact with the devs? are you the dev himself? got cheatcodes?

You dont choose to become force sensitive. the system does... so how can you so boldy say... IM GONNA BE A JEDI? i think that is arrogant... sorry if i flipped my top... but i ..... *sighs* sorry if i offended anyone with this.... i just say.... think of another professian first.. and when you find out your force sensitive... then ill shake your hands give you food and all throw a party for the entire planet.... but please... proofe it to me that it is so....

i have spoken :D

-Wraith 8-

Zendjir
05-24-2002, 06:19 AM
Oh, I got 1 question though...where does it say that you need to be lucky to become a jedi? That you need to choose a certain path of skills to become 'force sensitive'? I have not seen it anywhere (didn't look either :) ), but you guys really seem certain that it works that way.

JediGhost[SITH]
05-24-2002, 09:03 AM
Well I haven't seen the statement "Force Sensitive" at all in the FAQ. But I trust their words. No one did say you have to be lucky... I'm guessing that during your character's progress you will be given the chance to become a Jedi. Though it won't be direct (a message pops up), but it'll be there.

It won't be luck. They did say everyone has the chance. Oh sure, everyone has the chance IF YOU GET LUCKY? No, everyone has the chance.

Ohn Ruukon
05-24-2002, 05:34 PM
Hey I say why try and stop these people from dreaming of becoming Jedi! I mean If itll make for less competition for real goals lik Smuggler or Bounty hunter Let em Dream!::D
Untill next time....:fett: :deathstar

JediGhost[SITH]
05-24-2002, 05:36 PM
Heh... I'm sure being a Bounty Hunter isn't a walk in the park.. And I'll laugh if you get hired to hunt out a Jedi. Odds are he'll slice your head off. Well, only if that's part of the "Jedi Code".

"Thou shalt not kill Bounty Hunters... Just torture them a little."

LOL I can picture an NPC hiring you to kill Darth Vader.

Absath
05-24-2002, 07:23 PM
I applaud Verant's method of Jedi selection, and I hope they make it hard as all hell. I hope that tons of people have their hopes crushed when they realize they arent force sensitive. I hope they make a level or time limit before you can realize if you are sensitive or not, so people can't just make tons of L1 chars until they land a Jedi.

I was not planning on being a Jedi. I have played a healer class in every MMORPG to date, and it had always been the role that fit me the best. I plan to do so again in SWG. If by some off chance, my character is force sensitive, then I will follow that path, but only temporarily. I will work to become a Jedi, and follow the calling, but eventually I will allow my force sensitivity to fade, and vanish. I will do this for character sake, because unlike the masses, I role play in these online role playing games. I will be able to be a medic type, of some decent age, and be able to say "I was a Jedi once..."

This post inspires confidence in me, that the few Jedi in the galaxy will be properly trained by the rigorous ordeal they must endure.

-Abs

Talain
05-24-2002, 07:35 PM
People like me aren't annoyed by the rigorous ordeal aspect, but rather the randomness aspect. Ah well, I'm going to wait until we get some information from the devs to judge.

Ohn Ruukon
05-25-2002, 12:24 AM
:fett: :deathstar Bounty Hunting in MY opinion is by far the best and interesting job. now if my character becomes force attuned then sure Id be a Jedi but I dont really have the goal of becoming a Jedi like some unrealistic dreamers... Anyway I for one will be the first to laugh in these Jedi wannabes faces when they cry and whine about how they "cant be a Jedi" Boo-Hoo.....:rolleyes: :D

Demangel
05-25-2002, 09:46 AM
Oh wait this isn't EQ! my ogre text has no place... or Is it EQ? the one thing Verant knowns that probably the most people will want to be, is going to be the one thing that is near impossible to be without dedication and months of game time (this = $10-$15 a month from all jedi hopefuls).

sure I don't want herds of Jedi raoming the galaxie either... or L37T DOODZ hopping on bar counters sabering the stools to show off exclaiming they are in the master Jedi mastah guild and are reqruiting and everyone else Suxx0rs.

however as Talain put it... it's not the challegne or the role playing that bothers me either... it's the odds... and the virtual randomness with which it sounds like being even a Padawan would be.

I see it this way... Maybe only around 90-150 players on a server will be Jediknight level? Like if this was episode one, we'd have only 90-150 qui gonn jinns, running around... even less yoda's... but a small flock of obi wans, and a butt load of adepts and initiates and sensitives. (in decending order of course)

so rightfully so LEC, and verant can say only 3-5% will be full fledged Jedi. the rest will be Padawans, adepts, initiates, and sensitives. Each ranks step will be harder than the last, the rewards worth it... each step will be random in some way to ensure no hint guides can go up telling you what mob to kill to get your saber for example or the lightning holocron.

most of the Jedi hopefulls should be able to make it too initiate without pulling our hair out. but as soon as we get to adept we start worrying... the dedicated will make it to padawan (might be like hitting 50 in EQ, but only by doing it without power leveling).

Making Jedi knight would be like completing your class specific epic quest but again made so you can't do it in a power gamer fashion. (for example, if you play EQ how many SK's do you see with Innoruks curse weapons? Sure some would argue it's not the best but's it's a status symbol for all SK's over 55 that I know... and only a few of them have it. and one of them uses it)

Thus only a handfull would exist by comparison. And the masters might be the handful that make it to 60 with the epic, and have the new alt advancement thing that comes with luclin totaly complete as well...

I don't think the server should have a LIMIt of official jedi ranked players... but steps should be taken to make it so these number will not grow disproportunately.

the opinion of a LOT of ex/current EQ players, and a LOt of people who want to play as a Jedi in SWG is this: If I can never even be a padawan, even a wimpy one without some stroke of luck, and lots of dedication... I won't buy this game...

I feel similarly. I know someone will say I'm nut's but to me being a Jedi is what SW is all about. sure I love the rest of the universe (well what I know of it I like that is hehe), but the allure of SW for me is the Jedi. It would be my reason for wanting to try the game in the first place. Now the game has awesome graphics to be sure... the setting is intense... the size of the game universe is mind boggling (8 planets minimum at launch, each planet with as many zones as all of EQ? WOW! I mean seriously WOW!!! It sounds like running into a single Player character will be rare as hell though heheh... like "HELLLOOOOO ANYBODY ON TATOOINE!?" guess not... "I'm gonna be camping the westernhemisphere, specifically jaba's palace!, if anyone is there say so now... or would you like a level 30 druid jedi with sow in your group?)

however I plan on buying the game. and playing it for the free trial period. I dunno if I need to spend an extra $10+ a month since I Play EQ (is sony going to be running the acounts like it does for EQ? or will sony not be in the loop? Or will playing Eq be ok since Verant made that?)

Anyway after the free month, one way or the other (Ie I manage to start on the Jedi trail or not), I will evaluate the game. Look at it from the angle of being a Jedi, and not being one... and if my socks arn't comepletely dislogded from my feet in some ocupation besides being a Jedi... I will either get bored and quit to play neocron/eq/jkii more like I did before... or give it a few more months to get my interest back.

I COULd live without being a Jedi, but only if I can find something I would like almost as much as that... and so far... I got no clue... excpet maybe being some kind of captain of a ship that people can hire out, like a han solo character without the han solo part. But if I know verant and the MMORPG mentality, they will make getting your own ship, even a dinky one nearly impossible... Like it is on EQ to get a horse... 10K platinum for a horse is more platinum than I could make hunting solo ten hours a day for three weeks at my current level (33)... and thus only ones with ships in SWG might be uber people, which would suck... I feel that any character in SWG over the equivalent of level 25 in EQ should be able to afford buying a ship from either another player, or maybe from NPc's or hell.. maybe even building one somehow. to me having your own ship will be as important to some people as becoing a Jedi would be to me... so I hope they don't make that hard as well...

Bah this post is too long... I voted I will try to be one anyway and I'm not afraid to give it all I got. But this is just a game, and I won't drive myself nuts if I can't be one... I'll either settle for being a gun runner with a dinky frieghter, or quit cuz I can't even do that hehehe.

I mean hell it's not like if I manage to have the patience to be a Jedi in SWG and actually make that rank that there will be a knock on my door and yoda will be standing there with a signed personalized invitation to join the jedi academy in real life. Ie the challenge of being a Jedi in SWG might make me feel like one if I make it, at least in a role playing sense.

However I won't put super monumental effort in, that will most likely amount to nothing if I don't get it, and I will still have bills to pay in real life and I don't get to at least be able to mentaly summon a beer from the firdge or somehting or even do that in game to cheer me up about the 16hour shift I just worked for peanuts...

the point is... I really hope that when they say only 3-5% will be jedi, they mean the rest who want to try for it will usualy get stuck at the uppper padawan levels or somewhere below that (but still have the ability to be Very Jedi Like in action) and find enough fulfilment in that level of Jediness to not want to risk the effort or chance of detrimental failure to make Jedi knight.

Otherwise if they make being a Jedi such a shot in the dark experience... SWG is going to have at first a wonderful and profitable opening. Then next thing Verant and LEC knows... it will lose 50% of it's paying customers, and less people will sign up every day... Simply because the word will be out that it is proven that being a Jedi is not only too hard to even start, but too hard to continue once you start it...

for the non jedi lovers this sits perfectly with them... to he jedi lovers this sits on rocky terrain. no Jedi wants to see lots of Jedi, we all want to earn it unlike how it is in all other games... we don't want to start at character creation and pick from: storm trooper, bantha fodder, wookie butt kicking machine, and finaly Jedi and then poof we're a Jedi...

Heck no... however... what we really mean is... we want to be Jedi, without much hassel... but make it hard enough so that people who only want it for the uber loot, or something won't get it... We want it to be special... trust me... But we don't want to feel ripped off. honestly even if VERANT and LEC send out representatives to every gameing store in the world, who where on staff at all hours telling customers you couldn't be a Jedi very easily in SWG. even those people who know this is a fact will feel ripped off when they have been playing for two years and never once became sensitive let alone Jedi...

See my point?

i say more force for all, but make Jedi knights and masters as rare as they say...

Oh well whats one tiny little voice in a sea of voices going to do but waste bandwidth? Blah...

anyone agree?

TUS_Tomcat
05-25-2002, 04:06 PM
So uhm, is a guy like IG-88 invincible?

I mean, he's a pretty well known EU character i suppose, so what if you're a powerful jedi, he comes after you, can you kill him and make IG-88 vanish from the whole world?

What about Vader?

JediGhost[SITH]
05-25-2002, 05:12 PM
If people can't become Jedis they aren't going to cry about it... They'll just give it up and pursue another career that interests them :)

BenSkywalker
05-25-2002, 05:33 PM
99% of people at least secretly want to be jedi, its just that some people are more realistic than others, and have planned their careers, assuming they will never come close to force sensitivity. I don't have any problem at all with jedi wannabes, I used to be one myself, they are usually people who are completely new to the game, and who are just finding their feet with Galaxies. Of course I would love to be a jedi, but I am going to start off as a droid builder, and probably move on to ship building by the time the expansion is out.

I dont think the people who slag off people who are aspiring to become jedi are very clever though. You get the impression that a minority have a real attitude problem, and almost feel 'superior' to those who dream about becoming jedi. Theres nothing wrong with dreaming, its whats got us to where we are today after all...

DudEhead
05-25-2002, 06:18 PM
I think most people who play sw galaxies will be real star wars fans, sure they'd like to be a jedi if the oppurtunity arrises, but who won't quit the game if it doesn't they'll just seek out another profession... Me for instance, if i get a force sensitive character that has the chance to be a jedi, ok i will give it my best shot, if not, i'll be more than happy to be a bounty hunter that kicks padawan ass :)

Unini
05-26-2002, 10:11 AM
What are the advantages of being a jedi anyway??
To become a jedi will be a long and hard road and when you reach your destination, you cant use your powers in public. Will you have to live in some unpopulated area and lift stone's all day, waitong for a bounty hunter to come by, kill him and move to another place before others find out youre there??

im planning on becoming a rebel pilot and if I become force sensitive I will follow my calling, if only to brag about it to my friends IRL :D

JediGhost[SITH]
05-26-2002, 10:45 AM
Can anyone give me a link to a list of the jobs available on SWG?

DudEhead
05-26-2002, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by Unini
What are the advantages of being a jedi anyway??
To become a jedi will be a long and hard road and when you reach your destination, you cant use your powers in public. Will you have to live in some unpopulated area and lift stone's all day, waitong for a bounty hunter to come by, kill him and move to another place before others find out youre there??

im planning on becoming a rebel pilot and if I become force sensitive I will follow my calling, if only to brag about it to my friends IRL :D

maybe that if ur uberjedi u can kick ass without fear of redemption.....

Unini
05-26-2002, 11:12 AM
Because you ask nicely :D

http://www.slicerhq.com/guide/guide_professions.php

JediGhost[SITH]
05-26-2002, 11:32 AM
Hmm, Slicer sounds good. But not too much work there, I guess.

So I think I have to be a Doctor/Physician.. Either that or Musician.. Trader too.

Definately NOT a Bounty Hunter...

DudEhead
05-26-2002, 11:35 AM
Why not? they the coolest bunch in town :fett:

ivaj
05-26-2002, 12:10 PM
once you become force-sensitive, then what?
do you do a quest?
go to the jedi council?

DudEhead
05-26-2002, 12:50 PM
err... u play for 20 hours doing all sorts of quests and still aren't a jedi :)

Wraith 8
05-26-2002, 06:20 PM
Because you ask nicely :D

http://www.slicerhq.com/guide/guide_professions.php uhm just a question to you... are you from the netherlands?? sneek???? cause that is where im from :D

i see a lot of jedi wannabees are looking for job info :D :D.. changing minds?? :p

Kwok69
05-26-2002, 06:33 PM
Does anyone know where I can find out about Mining on Corellia, in particular, what I can mine, how much its worth and what I need to do it?

DudEhead
05-26-2002, 07:06 PM
hmmm... that kind of questions u'll prollly have to wait till the game is being tested till u get them answered

Jahs
05-26-2002, 07:27 PM
I have not yet decided what profession I will have.

A botanist? :)

Unini
05-27-2002, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by Wraith 8
uhm just a question to you... are you from the netherlands?? sneek???? cause that is where im from :D

Yep, sneek, friesland, netherlands.
Snake/Sneek, all the same :D

Waar precies woonde je dan??
Ik woon in het Zwetteplan

Jedi Apprentice
05-27-2002, 10:28 PM
If you want to be one so bad and you cant in Galaxies, just wait a few months for Knights of the Old Republic. Also a sweet game where you WILL be a jedi.(if you chose so)

Wraith 8
05-28-2002, 09:08 AM

Yep, sneek, friesland, netherlands.
Snake/Sneek, all the same :D

Waar precies woonde je dan??
Ik woon in het Zwetteplan Cool man.. never ever thought i meet someone on the forums from my hometown :D
Ik woon in Duinterpen 3.. nieuwste gedeelte.. ik woon er bijna 2 jaar nu.

Originally posted by Jedi Apprentice
If you want to be one so bad and you cant in Galaxies, just wait a few months for Knights of the Old Republic. Also a sweet game where you WILL be a jedi.(if you chose so) or jedi knight, dark forces 2, outcast, yoda stories :p, The phantom menace and all of those :D

Unini
05-28-2002, 12:19 PM
Cool man.. never ever thought i meet someone on the forums from my hometown :D

He, daar ga ik vlak bij in de buurt naar school, Friese Poort afdeling techniek :)

Wraith 8
05-28-2002, 02:35 PM
He, daar ga ik vlak bij in de buurt naar school, Friese Poort afdeling techniek :) ja dat is bij die grote brug.... ik weet niet eens de naam :D rij ik wel eens langs met de interliner. hoe oud ben je?

DudEhead
05-28-2002, 03:38 PM
Cool man.. never ever thought i meet someone on the forums from my hometown :D

or jedi knight, dark forces 2, outcast, yoda stories :p, The phantom menace and all of those :D

especially jedi knight2: outcast... the multyplayer rules, like throwing people of things :)

Wraith 8
05-29-2002, 04:49 AM
ok guys.. i was looking at the swgalaxies page.... info on jedi's... yes we were right guys... there is force sensitive:

unknown asks: Why don't you guys release anything about the Jedis?
Shug_Ninx says: We want Jedi to be rare and mysterious, so we don't want to reveal how to become a Jedi, what it's like being a Jedi, etc. We can say that becoming Force sensitive is really the most secretive part of the system. Once you become a Jedi, progression is similar to other professions

DudEhead
05-29-2002, 03:26 PM
hmm, kinda lessens the awe a jedi has if the progression is likewise to other chars, those guys 'll prolly just have been lucky :fett:

JediGhost[SITH]
05-29-2002, 03:56 PM
I can't wait for some guy to release a "How to become Force Sensitive FAQ" and you know someone will.

DudEhead
05-29-2002, 04:01 PM
not me... cause if there are many jedi, it'll screw up the game... so if someone manages to 'crack the jedi secret' i hope they 'nerf 'it before the game comes out :p

Gaalgoth
05-29-2002, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by JediGhost[SITH]
I can't wait for some guy to release a "How to become Force Sensitive FAQ" and you know someone will.

Ghost, are you dense or do you just not read? Becoming force sensitive will be different every time for every character. We have been told this since the beginning, and it has been mentioned on this page alot. I believe it is even on the sticky. No two characters will become force sensitive in the same way, so there will never be an faq as to how to become force sensitive.

JediGhost[SITH]
05-29-2002, 04:22 PM
Any idea(s) of how this will be?

The distribution of "skill points"? Where your character lives? The things you say? Species doesn't matter. The way you act? The weapon you carry?

No one knows how it works, right? So how can you tell me that someone couldn't write a FAQ on it :)

Gaalgoth
05-29-2002, 07:07 PM
Because, Ghost, the devs said that becoming force sensitive will be unique to each player. The process will always be different and never the same. This means that no one can write a faq. While the devs have not released specifics, and they probably (hopefully) never will, they have said that the process will be different each time so that no faq guides can be created.

Wraith 8
05-29-2002, 07:21 PM
look... JediGhost[SITH] ..... it is obvious you wont listen to good advice..

i just have a question for you.
do you read articles of the game? read the entire FAQ? read posts of DEvs and members?

a lot of people here have done ALL that.. i do every day.. and i browse the net for new info almost every day. now lets say that about 10 to 20 people here already told you like a 100 times how it is gonna be.. or something like what we said... and they all read up stuff. now.. most other Jedi wanna bees (for lack of a better word) have hardly struggled back and accepted some of the thruths.. but you go against 20 people with GOOD advice...

but.. if you dont want to listen to advice... that is ok...

(here i go again :D) show me that you will be a Jedi. show me your skills. prove me.... us wrong in game... and we will throw a party for you.. or at least i will :D

i wish you luck on your quest... and in your case.... and i do hope for you it is... may the Force be with you!

gavor
05-30-2002, 12:12 AM
Must....resist....temptation...to.....wade into.....jedi debate...again.

Adventure, huh, excitement... a Jedi craves not these things.

Be careful you Jedi wannabe's, you might just find being a Jedi is not what you think.

Demangel
05-30-2002, 03:49 AM
sure maybe they don't crave those things, but all the evidance goes to show that adventure and excitement find them ;)

Anyway to dispense for just a moment with the hubbub about how hard or random it will be to become even force sensitive...

I would like to state that I highly doubt being a JKedi would be boring or lacking in adventure and exciteent.

Nowhere does it say you have to hide in a little cave or a little hut somewhere, and practice your force powers by lifting rocks or X-wing figters into the air or somehting...

They simply state that if you flaunt that your a Jedi too often in public, bad things CAN happen.

Remember however this is a MMROPG. the worst thing they would do to you is make you lose some EXP or skills or something. Also never in a way you can't get back fairly easily either.

If they did well... I think they would have a lot of ticked of people on thier hands don't you?

The point is, As it always has been for me. I hope that being a Jedi is hard, but is also a reasonable goal for ALL players to achieve. not simply something everyone will get a "CHANCE" to do. but rather something that simply requires a little skill, and such.

I think what they are trying to get rid of is Power gaming your way to jedi mastery.

Maybe thats why they speculate so few people will make it to Jedi level.

i personaly feel that if they are smart they will make getting sensitive be a fairly common place thing. That it will have very limited effects (IE won't give you any real advantage).

However if you chose to drop what your doing (sort of,) and begin training somehow, you can reach initiate level. At that point you begin to see some perks of being a force user. Again nothing major. you might still feel more comfortable with a blaster than hoping to get a saber...

Then you get to adept. Poof now you "START" learning to use your saber effectively (think luke from TESB). But are still cannon fodder to equaly skilled blaster users, and any REAL Jedi.

Then comes padawan: Poof now you can use your saber at a level that is formidable. From this point on becoming a full fledged Jedi is all in how you play the cards you have been delt... and might be very hard to do.

For example look at Obi wan from EPI, Was he or wasn't he pretty tough for a padawan? Look at luke in the beginning of ROTJ, to me in this film he is a padawan about to embark on his final test (to confront vader).

So I think 3-5% of the server being Jedi is just a play on words maybe. Like yeah uhm only 3-5% will be full Jedi or above... the rest will either be normal folks, or sensitives up to Padawan level. the padawans being a LOT like Jedi, but just not as powerful maybe ETC. Thus Jedi wanabee's might be able to get to Padwan level without much torment... Oh well who knows... we'll all just have to wait till it comes out I guess... I just hope verant and LEC and all the rest learned from the mistakes they made from other games... and they made QUITE a few of them... Any EQ player above level 25 will agree to that I think...

Wraith 8
05-30-2002, 04:27 AM
*sighs deeply*

have you not listened to what i told you? hmm? (as yoda would have said) what your saying doesnt make sence... well.. i some way it does.. but your describing jedi to be like... oh i need a hobby lets try jedi.... this id on the main page... said by a DEV.

Surely an awful lot of people will want to be Jedi. How hard will it be to attain this status?

Jeff: It's going to be extremely difficult. Based on the continuity between Episode IV and Episode V, there aren't that many Jedi. On top of that there's the fact that the Empire is very worried about Jedi in general, and Darth Vader is tracking down all Jedi and wiping them out. So even if you become a Dark Jedi, you're still not safe from Vader. He'll still want to kill you just as much as if you were on the Light Side.

read em... and weap

gavor
05-30-2002, 05:01 AM
Damn it, i was about to post the same thing :(.

Curse my metal body, i was to slow.

Gaalgoth
05-30-2002, 01:00 PM
I would like to state that I highly doubt being a JKedi would be boring or lacking in adventure and exciteent.

You'd like to think that, wouldn't you? Well what the movies show is all the fun parts, nott he long trials of training. V hinted at it, but it takes a long time to become a powerful jedi and the devs will make it that way. Jedi don't look for xcitement, either, they just protect when they are needed. They aren't "Roxxors" fighters that go around "owning all with their l337 skillz". There would be a lot of boredom as a jedi, unless you showed your skill in which place every bounty hunter would be on your ass, npc or player.

JediGhost[SITH]
05-30-2002, 01:43 PM
read em... and weap

I love the aura of friendship and kindness this forum has...

Gaalgoth
05-30-2002, 02:22 PM
Ghost, we're normally pretty friendly, it's just that when people come in here when they have no idea as to what they're talking about and we correct them WITH PROOF and they continue to act like we don't know what we're talking about that we get pissy. Don't get all sour because we said you probably won't be a jedi; it's not that we don't want you to be one it's that you flat out probably won't become one.

Koffin
05-30-2002, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by Gaalgoth
Ghost, we're normally pretty friendly, it's just that when people come in here when they have no idea as to what they're talking about and we correct them WITH PROOF and they continue to act like we don't know what we're talking about that we get pissy. Don't get all sour because we said you probably won't be a jedi; it's not that we don't want you to be one it's that you flat out probably won't become one.

Gee, rain on his parade why dont ya. And he probly started getting sour when he made a reasonable comment about FAQ's concerning force sensitivity, and was called dense.

Now I know that the steps are suppose to be different for every one, but they havent specified what those steps are or in what direction can they be found. Will it be a particular skill combination, certain actions, or a mixture of both?

Well the exact combo may be different or unknown, but you can bet that there is going to be a FAQ about it. Remember, a FAQ is different then step by step intructions. Stands for Frequently Asked Questions remember.

Your wrong in calling him dense....cause I can promise you, his wishes will be granted someday. There will be an FAQ somewhere.

Your gainging up on guys expressing there ideas or opinions anytime you think youve heard it before or you have a different view. Its time to stop. I mean I can go to everything you say, argue it and act like your completely wrong.

Example:

You posted a reply to this post:

and your reply was:

You'd like to think that, wouldn't you? Well what the movies show is all the fun parts, nott he long trials of training. V hinted at it, but it takes a long time to become a powerful jedi and the devs will make it that way. Jedi don't look for xcitement, either, they just protect when they are needed. They aren't "Roxxors" fighters that go around "owning all with their l337 skillz". There would be a lot of boredom as a jedi, unless you showed your skill in which place every bounty hunter would be on your ass, npc or player.

Well how the heck can you dictate to this guy what he might consider adventurous or exciting.

Why dont you try reading the Official FAQ's for a change.

6.01 Will I be able to play a Jedi?

Yes. Although the details are still being worked out, we are staying true to the spirit of the films. Therefore, the journey to become a Jedi will be difficult, but those players who choose this path with find it very rewarding.

FAQ says that the players who choose this path will find it rewarding. Your statements indicating that these guys wont have fun, comes from nothing more than the fact that your sure the movies only showed the fun stuff. Come on get a freaken clue here.

Quit trying to crush someone elses imagination, let these folks feel as if they have some kind of freedom to express their mind and speak there dreams without having to worry about you jumping in and calling them a n00b or dence, or mention how tired you are of hearing it. Frankly it makes me sick, your single handedly destroying the purpose of these forums and somehow got the impression that these guys revolve around you.

I for one dont care if you heard it before, or they failed to read a sticky. I know Ive heard you belittle before and Im kind of getting sick of it.

JediGhost[SITH]
05-30-2002, 03:29 PM
Is there a rule that states you must have read every portion of the FAQ to sign-up?

Indeed I have, but I haven't memorized it like its the constitution, and I think only you few have.

So don't criticize me (or anyone else) if we haven't memorized it like you.

You keep memorizing, I'll be off playing Jedi Knight 2 :)

Koffin
05-30-2002, 03:42 PM
They havent memorized it, they just look up anything someone says and throw a fit if they can find something contradictory in the FAQ's or DEV LOG's.

I guess they think it makes them look smarter.

But dont worry, keep it up. Most of us know exactly what your trying to do. Have a discussion.

Dont let the ego's of some kill your interest within the game.

DudEhead
05-30-2002, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by Gaalgoth

yep... me thought jedi would just be a profession too, but by now me has given up hope of making a alt char jedi... as it prolly ain't gonna happen :)

Jan Gaarni
05-30-2002, 05:47 PM
Quote6.01 Will I be able to play a Jedi?

Yes. Although the details are still being worked out, we are staying true to the spirit of the films. Therefore, the journey to become a Jedi will be difficult, but those players who choose this path with find it very rewarding.
Hmmm.

*looks at FAQ number*

6.01, huh.
When was that, a year ago right?
Amazing how things can change in a year. :p

Look ... people.

You can have all the dreams you want, you can even dream about becomming a Jedi. Cause even if the chanses are slim, there's still a chance that you can hit that magic combination. And that's the thruth.

Another thruth is that the chances are slim. So we, the guys (and girl?!? Still somewhat confused :confused: ) that are discussing against the 'Jedi wannabees', are trying to make you realize this.
We're pretty much saying, "Don't put all your eggs in one basket."

Why? Because we do want you to have a good time playing this game. And how much fun would you have when for months you've been trying to become a Jedi, barely able to pay the monthly fee and it cost most of your money in the first place to buy the game (worst case scenario) and still haven't becomme Force Sensetive.
I would guess not much.

On a side note, I would like to say I agree with some of what Koffin said.
Quit trying to crush someone elses imagination, let these folks feel as if they have some kind of freedom to express their mind and speak there dreams without having to worry about you jumping in and calling them a n00b or dence, or mention how tired you are of hearing it.

Gaalgoth
05-30-2002, 05:50 PM
Ok koffin, I've called you a dick in the past but this time I agree with you, I've been pretty harsh. Ghost, no you don't have to memorize it like it's the constitution, it's just that many questions thata re being asked are given freely in the FAQ so when someone comes in asking a question it's kind of annoying. After all, if a person is really interested in this game and really wants to know something don't you think taht they should read the FAQ? No that doesn't give the right to bitch them out like I've done, but if you want to start questioning other peoples ideas and stuff you should have read the entire FAQ at least once first. And as for being a jedi being fun and stuff, yeah it'll have rewards but it's going to probably be long and dull in much of the process. If extreme focus is recquired to get in touch with the force and use it properly, then that sounds like a classic boring quest/mission type thingy. Sure it'll be awesome and rewarding to use the force on people, but that doesn't mean the overall experience will be rewarding and fun. True I don't know how it will work, but chances are it will be long and dull. Luke didn't look very thrilled on Dagobah to me.
As far as crushing someone's dreams and Imagination, that is not my attempt at all. But when someone says something like (and I know this wasn't you Ghost) "I'll be a good mercenary, only take jobs that help the weak and this will make me force sensitive, at which point I'll become a jedi" and I tell them things probably aren't going to happen that way, I don't think that I'm crushing their dreams and imagination. As for calling you dense Ghost, I apologize, that was out of line. As for calling you a n00b koffin, you were a n00b to the forums when i called you that. Sorry if that's still a touchy subject for you =)

Wraith 8
05-30-2002, 06:16 PM
*sighs very deeply*

I.... ah forget it.

Btw... Jan.. your right.

gavor
05-30-2002, 10:16 PM
Nice post Jan, you saved me the trouble of saying something similar.

I argue with those who are fixated on being a Jedi because I don't want to see people dissapointed. Choose another profession and work hard at it, just enjoy the SW experience. You can't expect to do nothing and become a Jedi.

It's like entering a raffle and insisting you'll win cos you're determined to. If you got your hopes up and in the end someone else won the car, you'd feel bad.

Don't wade into SWG expecting to become a Jedi through slogging or force of will, it probably won't happen.

What else can I say, some people just won't listen no matter what people say. I'm glad some of you have thought about it and chosen another path. I hope the effort we put into this sticky helped you.

I really hope those of you who are convinced you'll be Jedi get your wish. However I have a vision of the SWG box sticking out the top of your bin after 3 months of frustration. Or a copy of SWG sitting in the returns bin at your local store after you couldnt find the 'Jedi' button. :)

Koffin
05-31-2002, 04:05 AM
K Gaalgoth, I promise this isn't a flame...:eek:

You and Jan Gaarni made a point but I don't think you realized it.

Jan pointed out that the FAQ I quoted was a year old.

K...Now go to the site and open it up. If your new, or like me and dont ever pay attention to numbers, or didn't bother to see it a year ago, you would have no choice but to take it for face value.

Now with that, and the ever changing (sometimes conflicting) dev chats...and lets face it, the DEV's do like to be a little mysterious in their answers....

Can you blame someone for re-instating a group discussion? Its real easy to cover the same ground twice when the air is pretty foggy.

I guess all I'm saying here is dont get annoyed, give them a link. Review the cryptic explanations yourself, then ask the poster what they think. Any new opinions at this point should be welcome. It will only help to fuel are own imagination as well as theirs.

I'm not going to beat the whole jedi thing, its been done enough...but from what I've seen, even the most die hard force seekers in these forums have allready accepted the fact that they may never see the glowing blade.

Again, I'm not flaiming...just requesting a little help from the guys who have scoured these sites longer then I have.

Honestly, I didn't even know how old the FAQ was untill Jan mentioned it..lol.

We all have about seven more months to go and we are all going to hear the same questions and comments we heard seven months ago. So go with the flow, don't get tired of repeating your self. Don't get tired of explanations...

That galaxy we keep dreaming about is still far, far away...
and we have a long way to go.

Watoolfa
05-31-2002, 09:33 AM
I agree mostly with Ben Skywalker on this subject, we should not bash on all the Jedi dreamers, there is nothing wrong with that, yes most of them will find it heart breaking when they actually find that it will be extremly difficult to become a Jedi and then even harder to stay one and then how hard it will be to create their own lightsaber and lets not forget the ones who wish to try and build the almost impossible double saber. But I dont think that this will stop anyone from playing the game. I too have a deep desire to become force sensative and take the life of a Jedi, but I do have other intrest in mind as far as a career goes, but yes a life as a Jedi will be a life that you will have to hide to the best of you ability. Untill the time comes when you do need your powers, if you put enough training in you Jedi, you will be a force to rekon with! I think a Jedi will be very difficult thing to defeat. But back to a life of hiding, just knowing that you are a Jedi and the confidence in that you are one of the most powerful beings in the game would be enough self satisfaction for me!

80% of the people who do bash the Jedi dreamers are planning to be bounty hunters and we all know that you DO have the option of becoming a bounty hunter so I think that all the bounty hunters are going to be more disapointed then anyone when they figure out that most of the SWG population is going to be BH's. Its just going to be an over populated profession and it will be hard as hell to make any money at because of all the bountys are going to be hunted by other BH's so by the time you find your target whoooops already dead. Sorry.

JekRendar
05-31-2002, 01:44 PM
GJ Jan and Watty. You are absolutly right, people can dream, appropiate or not! ;)

Anyways, but people should get ready to face the facts if they don't become a Jedi. 'I, and a few others, would get upset if this place turned into a den with griefers*' saying, "I tried having patience, how come I'm not a Jedi."

*This excludes me, from when I read the Station's threads and complain about them over here.

Vesentac
06-01-2002, 12:36 AM
Let me quote homer simpson..

"In america... first you get dee sugar... then you get de power.... then you get..... dee women... blashajdhsd...."

Like in all games and in RL, money is power. I'm not sure if being a BH will be very rewarding in credits imo.

Jedi Wise Guy
06-01-2002, 04:59 AM
The path to becoming a Jedi is thinking like one. If your mind set is on being some power hunger jedi with a glowing saber you've already lost. People get the wrong idea of a jedi from the movies and the big fights. Think how often did those fights have to happen? Not very often. If you think like a true jedi , a jedi you will become.

"may the force be with you"

Lord Helmet
06-01-2002, 07:22 PM
where the hell did you come up with that lol.....its random foo!

Jedi Wise Guy
06-01-2002, 08:38 PM
Young one, its not random if you build your char. to there jedi specifications you will be force sensitive as well as your char. behaivor and ways you go about living your life.

JediGhost[SITH]
06-01-2002, 09:38 PM
Oh Jedi Master, bless me with the ways to become a Jedi, will you?

How can you possibly know "the ways" to become a Jedi?

Tell me, exactly, what are the ways? How will you behave, Oh guaranteed-to-become-a Jedi Master?

Ulic Quel Droma
06-01-2002, 10:08 PM
i really hate it how people like me for one are being called jedi wannabes like we've just found out about star wars and think jedi are really cool, i've known star wars for about 5 years (im only 16) and i dont like being treated as if im a n00b when i say i think bieng a jedi will be kinda neat, saying that i realise we get alot of newbies on this forum, but that dosnt mean everyone must be treated like that.

and you people say that having heaps of jedi on a server will ruin a game i dont see how its differnt from havinng 3 or 5 hundred bounty hunters on one server....

and gaalgoth you said that people wanna be jedi cause they see the fun stuff in movies which in some cases are true but in my case i wanna become a jedi so i cna do the the trials, i like the idea of being a padawan i like the idea of building a saber its what im really looking foward to on this game is gonna be the only reason im buying it.

every time i come on here now i see people ragging on how hard its gonna be to become a jedi and basicaly saying "your a moron if you think your gonna be a jedi" every time someone says they wanna try and personally im sick of it, its making this forum an unhappy place to be. To me it looks like theres two major groups, those who wanna be jedi and those who wanna be bounty hunters, you dont see all the people who wanna be jedi going "oh being a bounty hunter is stupid" every five minutes, yet you guys seem to be doing it all the time, we already know that force sensitvity is gonna be hard to get but please, stop putting those who wanna TRY down its their choice and when it comes down to it you cant do squat to change that cause if the person is really determind to try like i am he wont let a thing you say stop him

peace out the end :D
(i know its badly puntuated and spelt, but i suck at that stuff ^_^;)

bothanjedi
06-01-2002, 10:36 PM
So let me get this straight Wraith, you're here saying that only say, about 6000 Jedis are going to exist world wide. Well those are some very slim odds but I say that it shouldn't be THAT hard or THAT slim of odds. They'll probalby put out a scavenger hunt or something and your character develops a knowledge of the Force of the duration of the hunt... that sounds alot better than a 1 to 10000000000 odds, no doesn't it?

Who else agrees with me? Do you really think it will be THAT hard to become one of the elite Jedi? Either that or a bounty hunter would be cool!:fett: :jenga:

bothanjedi
06-01-2002, 10:48 PM
When I wrote my first post here I only read the first half of Wraith's post and now that I've read more I'd like to say that there WILL beNO MORE than 100 Jedi or maybe less. It may, oh... say, cause an inbalance in the Force in the server. But anyways those who might become Jedi out of us in this thread and are looking for some where to go, try checking out the thread under Jedi Masters and then go to Alliance City + Jedi Crew were just trying out some mock floor plans an maybe you can give us some ideas.

E-mail me at original_oscelot@msn.com

P.S. Please no spam.

JediGhost[SITH]
06-01-2002, 11:32 PM
6000 Jedis

Wow... Seems a bit much!

I heard 150 out of 3000 at first, then someone changed it to 15 out of 3000.

Depending on how many people are actually playing the game ;)

Judging by what these people are telling us (if you would pay attention to them) it's going to be near-impossible to become a Jedi.

Don't look at this game like it's based on Jedis, because most likely: its not. Being a Jedi is a profession, among the other 20 or so jobs.

Jedi Wise Guy
06-02-2002, 01:33 AM
I can't tell you how to be a jedi.......Your either one or your not. Personality wise. Choices you make. Skills you decide to have. The way you handle problems in game and battles. the attributes you've selected in game with the combination of skills. Many other things will effect it but its defintlly not random. Who ever told you that was definitly not jedi material. All who want to be a jedi should go for it. thats the point the true jedi's will bleed threw once the games out and the less dedicated ones will drop off. So whats the point in calling people wannabe's...be confident in your self and worry about only you.

"and may the force be with you"

JediGhost[SITH]
06-02-2002, 02:02 AM
I can't tell you how to be a jedi.......

yet...

Personality wise. Choices you make. Skills you decide to have. The way you handle problems in game and battles. the attributes you've selected in game with the combination of skills.

I thought you couldn't tell me how to become a Jedi? Well, that's a satisfying list.

If you KNOW you will/can become a Jedi, then specifically tell me what you must do.

What choices should I make? Whats my personality got to be like? What skills do I need to give to? How should I handle "problems" and battles? What attributes?

You know you will become a Jedi, and you pretend to know you can do it. Yet you can't tell me specifically how?

Don't tell me it's magic, either. And they did say it was different for every player.

It's a computer game, not real-life super mumbo-jumbo Jedi powers.

EDIT:
Also, it will have to be loads harder than what you say to make the ratio 15 out of 3,000! You make it seem like you must be dedicated, well, there are tons of Star Wars Geeks who are more dedicated than you! Way more than 15 I should say.

If it works the way you describe it, more than half the people will become Jedis.

Demangel
06-02-2002, 08:02 AM
Look if your intent is to warn us into thinking about another profession, don't worry I for one already am. Heck my friend is dying to play a wookie, and I wouldn't mind be a transport pilot or somehting like that so long as it's fun.

However, from the way your adamantly attacking jedi hopefuls, I need to ask: what do you have against the Jedi wanabe's? Honestly if I was a game DEV, i would make it so that anyone who wants to be a Jedi spend ten minutes talking with you... Why? Trying to debate over matters of opinion with you is a trial unto itself.

It's not going to be 15 out of 3000, true it might be more in line with the storyline of the games setting, but who are we kidding this is a GAME.

although 150 or so at most might seem slim, I would take that anyday over 15 for crying out loud.

Why would the DEV's go to the trouble of making a long series of complicated things if only 15 people will ever get to enjoy them to any real degree? It's illogical, and wasteful.

As for saying I will hate being a jedi because it will be boring. all I can say is, you know nothing about me, or a lot of the other Jedi hopefuls. don't you dare think that some of us don't do some things you might find boring.

Hell IN REAL LIFE I meditate for hours a day sometimes. To you this might seem like the equivalent of slitting your wrists. to me? well how can I explain it except to say... I enjoy it.

I highly doubt doing the required quests, and tedius study ETC to be a Jedi will be boring to me. the same can and should be said to a lot of others. i for one highly doubt as I said before you will spend all your time in a cave lifting rocks. It's rewarding as they say. In my experience when DEV's say a character class is rewarding they arn't just talking about thier ability to OWN JOO.

Usualy they mean it in all senses of the word.

To me you strike me as the kind of person who simply likes to debate things endlessly. I could be wrong here though, but from the tone and style of your posts, I would say this is an accurate impression.

My point? My point is I think have made your point. No need to keep bashing Jedi Hopefuls. Leave it alone. Let us live our lives.

I'm not gonna come crashing into your home and kick your dreams to dust. your point has been made. It hasn't changed much from the first time you posted. So now your really just beating a dead horse. Heck I think we all are to a point. i only came back to see if anyone found some new info or somehting. But sadly all I see is cross flaming:

Jedi will suck
Bounterhunters will kick Jedi butt.
Bountyhunters will suck.
Jedi will own joo...

Sheesh... anyway I'm bored now. Feel fre to flame the pants off me, or argue with these points till your blue in the face... I won't care. your entitled to your opinion and to defend your idea's.

just as the rest of us are more than in the right to say that we want to be jedi and will do whatever is within our power to give it the best shot we can give it.

I do agree however that those who want to be jedi just to be tough, or whatever... will be sad, and disapointed. Personaly I want to be one, not for the power, as much as for the experience.

Truly I can play JKII all I want to get some of that... but not the role playing side... not the interpersonal side...

I could own dueling servers, and FFA servers 10-0, 50-0 all night long (not that I do that very often mind you), and never feel as happy as I might feel being a Jedi, even a sucky one, in SWG.

thus I divide the Jedi folks into two camps:

Jedi wanabe's= usualy equal people who simply wanna be l37t jedi d00ds. these people will get frustrated early and poof... they will be out of our hair. they won't understand that to be a Jedi, even a dark one will require some role playing, if not in how you interact with other players, at least in the kinds of descisions you will make. They will go looking for the magic mob that makes you force sensitive. they will be doing the lame things... they will fail

Jedi Hopefuls= people who are going to play the game. they want to be a Jedi more than any other occupation. They may even start more than one character on multiple servers to try and reach that gaol through trial and error. however they already have some possible secondary occupations in mind.

Hell anyone who REALLy wants to be a Jedi in SWG, and thus RP a Jedi the way you probably will have to (keep it a secret ETC). will be basically planning to live a dual life anyway. thus they will need an income, and a way to support thier character before, durring and after becoming a jedi. So it's up to them to choose a job/lifestyle that will possibly land them thier coveted force sensitivity in the most direct manner.

Just my final 2 cents on this thread... unless some new news is posted, I probably won't be saying much more.

Jedi Wise Guy
06-02-2002, 09:31 AM
Well your absolultey right about it being different for each player. It will be , think of this game as life. The AI will test you in different ways and different situations but it will all relect into the same effect just different sub situations. Think like a jedi and you'll get your chance. its as easy as that. The hard part is gonna be getting threw your trials, and for most figuring how to live like a jedi so you become force sensitive. But any real jedi will figure it out so dont doubt your self. Just wait for your chance and you'll be fine =) trust in your self. Us jedi's will unite and take back what is ours.

Lord Helmet
06-02-2002, 12:29 PM
where did you come up with that magically wonderful theory..and I um hate to tell you....(jedis aren't real) so you can't really think like a jedi.

Jedi Wise Guy
06-02-2002, 12:44 PM
yes true, point taken but as far as when they are real *in game* my theory will apply and there for whipping out your jedi arent real.....if you've done more then just watched the movies...prehaps read a little on the jedi as well as other great books you would have a nice view point on what they stand for and the way they think. which in turn would apply for the way you should think in game once your atempting to portray this char. art

Andrew Past
06-02-2002, 12:58 PM
I pray and hope that I will become Force-sensitve. I would not 'try', for there is no 'try' I 'will' become a Jedi if I become Force-sensitive. I know that it will be hard, and I am ready and willing to take on such challenges.

Ulic Quel Droma
06-02-2002, 01:23 PM
right on, now all the jedi supporters are comming out
:)

JediGhost[SITH]
06-02-2002, 01:41 PM
Well the FAQ says it will be extremely difficult and Jedis will be very rare... So you can think that thinking like a Jedi will do it for you, and I'm sure thats part of it, but thinking like a Jedi won't make you a Jedi.

I'm sure aftet you become force sensitive (which is also a little bit of luck) there are grueling trials and tests to become a Jedi.

So now you can think and talk like one (so can I, so can all the Star Wars fans), but can you be one? Are you prepared to pass the "trials", whatever they may be?

For Jedis to be extremely rare it's got to be 100 times more than just saying "May the force be with you" and roleplaying a wise Jedi.

Demangel:
I'm not really talking to the jedi-hopefuls as a whole, mainly just to Jedi Wise Guy :)

Jedi Wise Guy
06-02-2002, 03:34 PM
Unlocking the secrets is the only difficult part. Anything positive comes with a negitive. But yes it will be very hard but trial and error will surpase any kind of hardships along the way. Thats part of being a jedi. Not being prepared for something and having to strougle threw it and learn each lession from each hardship you face after you face it. Thinking like a jedi only gets you force sensitive. The rest is up to your common sense area of your brain and how well you can handle your self. But if you can relate to a jedi and think that way, the rest will fall into place if your at all wise. Thats why it has been decided only few will obtain this status. Think how many of you live your life thinking of others first. being truely dedicated to something in your life. Most people are arrogant stuck up greedy thieves and when it takes up to months to acheive a playing style that you can't stay true to. thats when most will fail. You must read between the lines. The tasks arnt the hardship. Look within your self thats where the true task is. the reason in turn why not many people will make it they say is because there saying in this life many people are too corupt to play along that long judging by the percentage of good to bad in this world.

Lord Helmet
06-02-2002, 05:06 PM
umm jedi not to make your posts meaningless or anything..go to the station ...you'll see some devs said that some people will become force sensitive by roleplaying but NOT for all......so what your saying is not exactly true for all if any...and um what do you mean when you say *think like a jedi* ???? hmmm

its random not how you think....or so they say...because they can..but are NOt monitoring what you say...its been said

Lord Helmet
06-02-2002, 05:09 PM
and jeez your making jedis sound like angels? was anakin an angel? NO! he was a stuck up littl epunk now wasn't he

Jedi Wise Guy
06-02-2002, 05:48 PM
I did not say the way you talk. I said the way you act. and of course why do you think he fell into darkness.

Ulic Quel Droma
06-02-2002, 11:52 PM
where does it say Force sensitivity is random..

gavor
06-03-2002, 01:42 AM
I see 39 ppl have voted 'yes' to wanting to be Jedi. Using the 3-5% approximation that means 1-2 of you will become force sensitive.

Doing a little elementry math leaves 37 or 38 of you dissapointed and disillusioned. So much for 'I WILL be a Jedi. Nobody can stop me!' 10 points for conviction, if wishes were fishes nobody in the world would go hungry.

JediGhost[SITH]
06-03-2002, 01:48 AM
if wishes were fishes nobody in the world would go hungry.

Did you learn that one in pre-school :)

P.S.
Your right.

Koffin
06-03-2002, 01:57 AM
Aff heck its easy to be a jedi......here's how to do it.

Koffin's FAQ to becoming a jedi:

1. Well the game will randomly sellect players to become force sensitive, but it really helps if you can move things with your mind.

2. Pretty much guarenteed to walk the jedi path if you can hook a three movie contract with G Lucas.

3. Sit in your computer room for 72 days straight. Dont come out for food or water. Keep the room dark with all the lights off. Just sit there with your flash light, pretend its a light saber and breath like Darth Vader. At the end of 72 days, (if your family doesnt have you comitted), you will at last be a Jedi. Well at least in your own mind.

Wraith 8
06-03-2002, 06:50 AM
wow... i have been away for like 4 days... and this is what happens :D.. im glad to see the discussion is as great as this :D.. i only hope it will stay a discussion.. or ill be forced to close this thread... but it aint there yet.

im no longer stating my opinions cause well.. everybody already stated my opinion. i just say... go for it guys.. try.. it ... you dont know if you dont try... say we are wrong... and show me... us ... how you become one. im not being sarcastic with this.. i realy want you to try... but we are just warnign you guys... we dont want dissapointing faces.. it wouldnt be fun.. it is still a GAME. like MikeC said... for the real Jedi's.... play JKII... and you will feel just as good.

i have spoken :D :p

-Wraith 8-

"You know, if I had even the tiniest control over the Force,
What I,d do with it? I,d scratch that little spot in the center
of my back I can never reach."
-Garik Loran-
X-wing book nr. 5. Wraith Squadron

Rogue Squadron.net (http://www.lucasforums.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=105)
Give in to the insanity. It is unreasonable, but it is your destiny!

Ulic Quel Droma
06-03-2002, 07:35 AM
playing jedi knight ii dosnt give you the feel of being a jedi tho, its just people with lightsabers you cant use force's cause you get abused, so i dont wanna play jkII for my jedi needs

Wraith 8
06-03-2002, 08:41 AM
Originally posted by Ulic Quel Droma
playing jedi knight ii dosnt give you the feel of being a jedi tho, its just people with lightsabers you cant use force's cause you get abused, so i dont wanna play jkII for my jedi needs hmmm. have you tried playing other Jedi games :D...

im not ttrying to diss you or something... but euh.. how do you know that all force things will be available?

Jedi Wise Guy
06-03-2002, 09:22 AM
I just try and be positive to all. I've had my little sneak peaks *cough*....but if you really just trust in your self you will become. its those 95% who can't trust them selves to keep it true that will fail. Its a role playing game, just keep that in mind and you have nothing to worry about =)

Gaalgoth
06-03-2002, 11:07 AM
::sighs and walks away with head bowed::

JediGhost[SITH]
06-03-2002, 12:45 PM
I just try and be positive to all. I've had my little sneak peaks *cough*....but if you really just trust in your self you will become. its those 95% who can't trust them selves to keep it true that will fail. Its a role playing game, just keep that in mind and you have nothing to worry about =)

*shoots himself*

But you know, you might be right, or you might be wrong. Is it because we 95% know how hard it is to try to be a Jedi, and don't waste our time?

Is it because we don't "trust ourselves"?

Is it because we don't have the guts to try?

Who knows, but odds are: By the time you realize you can't (won't) become a Jedi, I'll be a rich-ass doctor and I ain't loaning you **** :)

Ohn Ruukon
06-03-2002, 01:25 PM

*shoots himself*

But you know, you might be right, or you might be wrong. Is it because we 95% know how hard it is to try to be a Jedi, and don't waste our time?

Is it because we don't "trust ourselves"?

Is it because we don't have the guts to try?

Who knows, but odds are: By the time you realize you can't (won't) become a Jedi, I'll be a rich-ass doctor and I ain't loaning you **** :)

But Ill Be a dir poor Bounty hunter and kill yor rich butt and take yor money!:fett: :deathstar :D

JekRendar
06-03-2002, 01:42 PM
I'm just picturing some idiot a year from now, just making Jedi, finding out where the other Jedi live and shouting all this out in the forums one day!

Think about it, I know someone will do it!

JediGhost[SITH]
06-03-2002, 01:58 PM
But Ill Be a dir poor Bounty hunter and kill yor rich butt and take yor money!

And Ill be dir rich doctor call cops on yor!

Talain
06-03-2002, 03:51 PM
Remember, by their very virtue, PCs are heroes. As a result the ratio of Jedi can still be realistic, simply because all Jedis are heroes, therefore a ratio slightly higher than 5% (Certainly no more than 10%!) could easily fit into the continuity, and there seems to be no more than maybe 7% of the population of the game, judging from my experience, who have the drive to become a Jedi for the correct purposes, so I don't actually see a major problem brewing. I'd still like more of an idea of the system that will be used, but I can wait.

Lord Helmet
06-03-2002, 04:49 PM
exactly what are we argueing about again..theres really only one tihng you need to know...you don't pick it...it picks you..end of deiscussion

setsuko
06-03-2002, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by greg g
exactly what are we argueing about again..theres really only one tihng you need to know...you don't pick it...it picks you..end of deiscussion

Could'nt have said it better, greg :)

Jedi Wise Guy
06-04-2002, 01:54 AM
Think there's a little tension built up. I just posted on here to help people think positive not negitive. Didnt mean to create a big deal. heck just wanted to stop the negitive talk.
=)
peace fellow people =)

Wraith 8
06-04-2002, 04:53 AM
well.. my philosopy of live is:

Think the worst. Then it only gets better.

so if you think like: hey i wont be jedi, and then you find out you can be... you would be very happy.
but suppose you think you wil be a jedi.. and you arent able to become one... you will be disapointed.

i think this is positive thinking. i mean i want a ferrari in live. but im thinking to myself that i will not get one. so it can only improve. but if i ever am able to buy a ferrari i will... and then i would be very happy.... catch my drift?

-Wraith 8-

Jedi Wise Guy
06-04-2002, 05:21 PM
I belive you've missed the main point into becoming a Jedi
as yoda says........Do or do not....you've already made your turn at the dark side. its only the ones who know they will that will. YOur missing the whole this game is trying to achieve. its trying to bring the feel of the movie to us. including the thought process =)
if you set your self up for failure then you've already failed.

Lord Helmet
06-04-2002, 08:08 PM
there you go again with your mystical crap. just because you become fs doesn't mean you become a jedi......and you are right at one point...you either become force sensitive by some organic means or you don't you can't try to become a jedi

EVEN if you want to..it will just *happen*

JediGhost[SITH]
06-04-2002, 08:32 PM
Think the worst. Then it only gets better.

Yoda, eat your heart out! :)

setsuko
06-04-2002, 09:34 PM
He has made his way to the dark side by NOT having high expectations? Excuse me, but my idea of the dark side is dreams not made true, longing for things that you can't hold on to, finding yourself wanting more than you can have. That is what I think of as the qualities of the dark side, that is reasons why people gets angry, sad, dissapointed and violent.

Just my 2 cents.

gavor
06-04-2002, 09:43 PM
:max:

boing boing

Andrew Past
06-04-2002, 09:59 PM
I'm sure aftet you become force sensitive (which is also a little bit of luck) there are grueling trials and tests to become a Jedi.

So now you can think and talk like one (so can I, so can all the Star Wars fans), but can you be one? Are you prepared to pass the "trials", whatever they may be?

If I become Force-sensitive, I will be ready for whatever trials there will be, and all obstacles in front of me, I will do whatever I can do to become a Jedi. And I did read all of the original post, and I am ready, and willing to do what I need to do, and I do not worry about what it takes, I will do what it takes.

JekRendar
06-05-2002, 01:02 AM
Originally posted by Andrew Past
If I become Force-sensitive, I will be ready for whatever trials there will be, and all obstacles in front of me, I will do whatever I can do to become a Jedi. And I did read all of the original post, and I am ready, and willing to do what I need to do, and I do not worry about what it takes, I will do what it takes.

Say that now and then come crying back a week after the game is out and whine, "I tried, but I couldn't do it. Where is the Strat Guide!?!"

And we shall slap you upside the head!

w00t! 5th page! w00t!

Rith Kain
06-05-2002, 02:10 AM
Originally posted by JekRendar

Say that now and then come crying back a week after the game is out and whine, "I tried, but I couldn't do it. Where is the Strat Guide!?!"

And we shall slap you upside the head!

w00t! 5th page! w00t!

Perhaps you shall be the one whining, a jedi must be encouraged not pointed in the path of the dark side. Encourage them, do not discourage, as if you do...
"He may be the death of you"

:ben: + :vadar: = :lsduel: = :gben:

:p

Wraith 8
06-05-2002, 04:42 AM
Guys Guys Guys....

please let this thread stay a discussion and not a Flame fest ok?

indeed..... there is do.. and not try. So by all means do.
im not holding you back..
This game is indeed made to feel the galaxy of star wars.... but if you start like that.... ill ask you a question...
In the movies ep4, 5 and 6.... is it crouded with Jedi? is the jedi the only thing in the game?

then ill ask you a second question. is this a jedi game? is this game made for ONLY jedi's?

Then ill ask you a third question.
WHY? Why do you want to be a jedi? just so you have cool force powers? or for peace and justice in the galaxy?

This game..... is a MMORPG... the last three letters are: RPG.
Role PLaying Game. it is not a L33t jedi fighting game.
im not dissing you of... please come a jedi.... i wont say try.. cause well.. then you will again start throwing Yoda quotes at me :D

by all means becomea jedi.. look me up ok? ill buy you a beer ok?

-Wraith 8-

Andrew Past
06-05-2002, 11:09 AM
is this a jedi game? is this game made for ONLY jedi's?
WHY? Why do you want to be a jedi? just so you have cool force powers? or for peace and justice in the galaxy?

I know that this game is not a Jedi game and I know that being a Jedi will be hard and difficult. My reasons of becoming a Jedi is so that I can help others, like the Rebels so I can return peace to the galaxy.

Wraith 8
06-05-2002, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by Andrew Past

I know that this game is not a Jedi game and I know that being a Jedi will be hard and difficult. My reasons of becoming a Jedi is so that I can help others, like the Rebels so I can return peace to the galaxy. now that is a good reason to become a jedi... mostly i have heard is.... wow lightsaber slashing force powers and all that stuff....

now i mean... i would LIKE to have a lightsaber... but now way am i gonna get one :D

Gaelin Masek
06-05-2002, 04:16 PM
An interesting post for sure. I'm DEFINETLY glad the road to becoming a Jedi will not be easy.

I myself intend to try some other things, like smuggling, before I even attempt to become a Jedi Knight.

Plus, your right, that is a great reason to become a Jedi. A good example for us all, no?

Lord Helmet
06-05-2002, 04:46 PM
but you can not attempt to beome ajedu knight....until you become force sensitive which you can NOt attempt to do..once you become force sensitive then you can try get the point?

Gaelin Masek
06-05-2002, 04:59 PM
The point is that EVERYBODY will have the chance to become a Jedi, Lucas wants us to create any character we want.

Its just everybody may not want to take their chance as, like you all say, it is indeed a hard life.

Being eternally hunted.... Not something one should enter into lightly.

JekRendar
06-05-2002, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by Rith Kain
Perhaps you shall be the one whining, a jedi must be encouraged not pointed in the path of the dark side. Encourage them, do not discourage, as if you do...
"He may be the death of you"

Doh! You missed the point, the point I was making is that he shouldn't get his hopes up! Sure, he could do it as hard as he wants but he should be ready if he fails the trials and not come back, "This game sux, you can't be a Jedi..."

See what I mean, if not, just give the game a week or two after it's out. I'll be one of the few that will get to say, "Don't tell me, I told you so!!!"

Andrew Past
06-05-2002, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by JekRendar

Doh! You missed the point, the point I was making is that he shouldn't get his hopes up! Sure, he could do it as hard as he wants but he should be ready if he fails the trials and not come back, "This game sux, you can't be a Jedi..."

See what I mean, if not, just give the game a week or two after it's out. I'll be one of the few that will get to say, "Don't tell me, I told you so!!!"

That's what you think. I'm not one of those newbie wannabes that will buy the game just to become a Jedi. I'm going to be a Rebel all the way and if I become Force-sensitive then it is a great bonus. I don't have my hopes up so much that when I don't become Force-sensitive that I will have nothing else to do, and I will start the game as if I'm not going to become Force-sensitive, I will start as a Rebel, and then only time will tell if I become a Jedi or not, and if I fail the trials, then I will be a rebel again, simple as that.

JediGhost[SITH]
06-05-2002, 08:26 PM
I'm going to be a Rebel all the way

More specifically; what job?

Also I haven't read anything about choosing sides (Rebel/Imperial) but I did read the jobs, and under military it just has written the basic jobs.. Medic, Soldier, Pilot, etc. But it never mentioned how you choose your side.

And when you answer my question "what job?" I'm expecting something like a jack-of-all-trades..

"Oh, well, I'm going to be a rebel like from the movies."

Andrew Past
06-05-2002, 08:31 PM

More specifically; what job?

Also I haven't read anything about choosing sides (Rebel/Imperial) but I did read the jobs, and under military it just has written the basic jobs.. Medic, Soldier, Pilot, etc. But it never mentioned how you choose your side.

And when you answer my question "what job?" I'm expecting something like a jack-of-all-trades..

"Oh, well, I'm going to be a rebel like from the movies."

Well, I'll start out as a soilder and then move on to being a pilot once the expansion is out. I will be a jack-of-all-trades but I'll be more mastered in being a pilot, then soilder, then medic, but I will be military.

Gaelin Masek
06-05-2002, 09:03 PM
I think I should point out you cannot be a soldier, not in the traditional sense. You may be able to under take some special missions for different factions, in which maybe you have to take some Stormtroopers and blow something up.

But you cannot be under direct employment as a soldier, or anything else for a matter of fact.

Like the FAQ says, if you were a Stormtrooper or Rebel Soldier you would be needed 24/7. They dont get any leave, and they sure as hell wouldnt be allowed to run around the galaxy on their own.

You would constantly be AWOL. Unless you want to devote your life to the Alliance or Empire, and have a particularly boring gaming experience, you should thank the devs. that you cant become a direct faction member.

JediGhost[SITH]
06-05-2002, 09:39 PM
But you cannot be under direct employment as a soldier

I don't know what you mean, but in the Occupations FAQ one of the Military jobs is Soldier.

They havent gotten specific about it, not to my knowledge.

Andrew Past
06-05-2002, 09:59 PM
Well, I'll be the closest thing as I can get to being a Rebel soilder, and later pilot

Ulic Quel Droma
06-05-2002, 10:37 PM
please let this thread stay a discussion

is that what you call it?, to me its just all the people who think its impossible to be a jedi trying to run these other jedi hopefuls away too

besides this thread got old pages ago now its just people repeating the same ****

"im gonna be a jedi"
"dont bother, its impossible"

DriveThru
06-05-2002, 11:35 PM
:monkey4:

Now before everyone flames me for asking a question, I'm fully aware of the insane level of difficulty in becoming a Jedi.

Will Force-sensitve be decided by a quest/series of quests?
I figured it would but I'm getting conflicting info on the site, many people say it will be random, many people say it won't. I assume it won't.

I'd also just like to ask everyone please to stop flaming everyone else about "stupid Jedi wannabes", "my bounty-hunter will kill you all", "newb", etc.

But basically I'd like some more clear info on the process of Jedi-ness. I know that this is mostly speculation but I'm curious. I would like to add that I think this forum is being run well, although many posters are being idiots.

Also remember that SWG will be an awesome game whether you're a Jedi or not and that's what matters. I'm sure everyone will have fun being tamers, dancers, barkeeps, mechanics, etc. That's the best part about this game.

I say, "Sit back and chill until more info comes. There are many really cool SW characters who aren't Jedi."

:lsduel:

Lord Helmet
06-05-2002, 11:45 PM
no there is no force-sensitive quest you go on it happens whether you want it or not....

but once you become force-sensitive then its an automated process to become ajedi just like any other profession

JediGhost[SITH]
06-06-2002, 12:37 AM
I'd like some more clear info on the process of Jedi-ness

Ahh yes, well, at the SWG Dev meeting I was at today we discussed this very issue.

I couldnt stay long, though, I had to go back to being head programmer for the game...

No one knows the process. It's "not the same for everyone" so you really can't say.

But if you ask me thats a load of ****, how can it be different for everyone!?

Either way, no one knows the process. You can't say "I WILL BE A JEDI!" because you don't know how! Unless your a programmer for the game.

Hell, there could be a little invisible spot on 1 planet out of the entire game. You stand on that and it says "Congratulations! Your now a jedi!".. Doing all your fake jedi mumbo-bumbo isn't going to get you to that spot.

Until someone tells me (us) how to become a Jedi, in other words you work at LucasArts, then you can't say your "going to be a Jedi" because no one knows.

JekRendar
06-06-2002, 01:19 AM
Well put Ghost. But you know what I don't like are those people that call ppl like Ghost and me, who like to put down those Jedi hopefulls. However like Ghost so wonderfully stated, he don't know how to be one, so don't keep your hopes up!

Who know's maybe someone's Jedi Trail maybe to sleep with a Princess of Alderaan ;) !!!

Wraith 8
06-06-2002, 08:09 AM
about the sides choosing.

somewhere i heard you can choose sides in game out of:

Hutt
Imperial
Rebel
Neutral

that is what i heard ... somewere... dont know where.

im gonna stay neutral.. at first that is.

setsuko
06-06-2002, 10:04 AM
about the sides choosing.

somewhere i heard you can choose sides in game out of:

Hutt
Imperial
Rebel
Neutral

that is what i heard ... somewere... dont know where.

im gonna stay neutral.. at first that is.

I thought that was pretty official? Thats the sides they have been speaking about in the dev chats and so on, and I have never heard them mentioning another side.

bothanjedi
06-06-2002, 12:22 PM
if you can choose sides, instead of the game deciding for you based upon your actions that sounds...OK. But it might be better the other way. Because you could be neutral and go around hacking up Storm Troopers with your light saber and still be neutral even though you've just single handedly annihalated an entire brigade of Storm Troopers. :D

Zenofex
06-06-2002, 04:21 PM
Hey... I dont really aggree to your post. I believe their shall be a way to become a jedi, first off think where Jedi's are !? ind the Rebellion or hiding. So put your heart in the right place and choose the path you feel is right... either join the rebellion or something. ! I dont think its that random who gets the chance to become a jedi. maybe its not easy, but i believe that choosing the right path increases the possibilities to become a jedi, or just have the chance !:yoda: :angel: :lighsabre:

Gaalgoth
06-06-2002, 07:19 PM
You may not agree, but the dev's do. And they're the ones that count. By the way, for all of you quoting Yoda, Yoda is NOT a dev for this game.

Koffin
06-07-2002, 04:50 PM
The answer to the post exactly thirty three post back is definitly YES!!!!!

Koffin
06-07-2002, 04:51 PM
made ya look!!!

Jan Gaarni
06-07-2002, 05:04 PM
No, you didn't. :D

DudEhead
06-07-2002, 05:06 PM
main char will be bounty hunter (hopefully a good one :)) and alt will try jedi path if it is presented, if not i'll prolly smuggle for a while till i have enough cash to buy a house like the one in one of the e3 movies :) (ya know, the big one :)) should be nice too :D

JediGhost[SITH]
06-07-2002, 05:19 PM
Yoda is NOT a dev for this game.

True. It seems all the Jedi hopefuls are quoting Yoda... Meaning that if they do what Yoda suggests, they can become a Jedi.

Bad news: Yoda isn't working on SWG. No matter what Yoda says it isn't going to help you on SWG :)

Lord Helmet
06-07-2002, 07:47 PM
yo, what fool said you had to jon th e reellion to be e jedi...well the jedi aren't in the rebellion they're hiding...where was yoda..on dagobah not in the rebels place...so was ben hiding on tatooine....so you do NOT have to be in rebellion to be a jedi.....or nothing the devs said leads to that...so pay no attention the that misfit of a post

Andrew Past
06-07-2002, 08:15 PM
I know I don't HAVE to, I want to.

JediGhost[SITH]
06-08-2002, 04:16 AM
Good luck being a Jedi in the rebellion! Every Bounty Hunter, and Vader, is going to be hunting your ass.

P.S.
I dont think its possible.. Being a Jedi is a NON-military profession ;)

Rebels vs Imperials is a military job.

Andrew Past
06-08-2002, 09:29 AM
Good luck being a Jedi in the rebellion! Every Bounty Hunter, and Vader, is going to be hunting your ass.

P.S.
I dont think its possible.. Being a Jedi is a NON-military profession ;)

Rebels vs Imperials is a military job.

It's possible to be a Rebel and a Jedi, just look at that guy named Luke Skywalker.

Lord Helmet
06-08-2002, 11:58 AM
i dopnt think it matters whether your in hut neutrakl rebellion or imperial...vador will get you no matter what side your on...but i dont think it affects your chances...i mean maybe for one person being an imp on january first on a certain mission might trigger but who knows

JediGhost[SITH]
06-08-2002, 05:18 PM
It's possible to be a Rebel and a Jedi, just look at that guy named Luke Skywalker.

First off: This isn't a movie.

Secondly: This is SWG, Being a Jedi is a non-military job, the only way you can be a rebel is by having a Military job (soldier, medic, pilot, etc).

Little Red Riding Hood
06-09-2002, 06:43 AM
Of course it would be cool to become a Jedi. I think everybody wants to be one. But I'm also realistic. If you wanna be a Jedi, you need money. And to get money, you need a job. Maybe to many people think that you just need to walk a little around on the planet, you start on, find a npc Jedi Master, and start training. But just finding a teacher would become very hard. It would require lots of travel between planets, and on the ground. And that cost money. Got the idea? You don't start training to become a Jedi (and maybe later a Dark one) the first day. Therefor I think that all you Jedi-wannabes out there is required to give some points to the ordinary jobs. Okay? That's all from me.

:luke: :yoda: :vadar: :emperor:

Lord Helmet
06-09-2002, 10:45 AM
maybe you can find an npc jedi (luke &yoda) to match you up with someone.

Zendjir
06-09-2002, 10:54 AM
luke? No, he is only an apprentice after EP IV
Yoda, No, he is hidden on Dagobah

Dunno how jedi training will be handled, but I read somewhere that it will be just like other professions. So, the more u use the skills, the better you get at it.

JediGhost[SITH]
06-09-2002, 11:12 AM
Firstly (I may have said this previously), no one said a Jedi Master has to train you!

I haven't read that anywhere in the FAQ, so basically you train yourself.

Secondly, we're not going to see many Dark Jedi (if any) in SWG.. It's hard enough to become a Jedi with all the training, AND THEN train yourself in the Dark Arts?...

That's going to be near impossible..

But I will **** myself if I come accross a Zabrak Dark Jedi with a doublebladed red lightsaber with extended blade lengths (all possible)...

#1 He became a Jedi
#2 He trained in the Dark Arts
#3 He got a lightsaber
#4 He made it dual bladed
#5 He found red crystals
#6 He made it extended length

So basically if you see that guy, consider him your God. And if he wants to kill you, put away your weapons and bow down..

Lord Helmet
06-09-2002, 12:48 PM
that'll be me..your god....muahahahahgahahahabalahkblakblajk cough...yup...me

Ulic Quel Droma
06-09-2002, 10:51 PM
oh so now its gone from jedi wannabe to jedi hopeful
some of you guys just make me sick, what makes you think your gonna be a good bounty hunter anyway?, a picture comes to mind

http://www.swgalaxies.net/comics/comic1.gif

setsuko
06-09-2002, 11:33 PM
From where did you get the idea that you could only join the rebellion if you had a military profession, JediGhost? I must say that I don't really believe that's how it will be. You got any sources for that claim? *curious*

JediGhost[SITH]
06-10-2002, 02:01 AM
Yeah, its the website with the list of occupations for SWG.. The categories are Military and Non-Military.

Jedi is listed under non-military..

I'll look for the link, no guarantees...

Found it:

Koffin
06-10-2002, 02:47 AM
Yeah, its the website with the list of occupations for SWG.. The categories are Military and Non-Military.

Jedi is listed under non-military..

I'll look for the link, no guarantees...

Found it:

The Hitchhiker's Guide to Professions is is a researched, speculative guide on the many professions that Star Wars Galaxies may have to offer. Some of the professions listed below have been confirmed, some have not. We hope you get a much better understanding of what the game is going to allow you to become.

Key Word : speculative

Wraith 8
06-10-2002, 04:38 AM
Firstly (I may have said this previously), no one said a Jedi Master has to train you!

I haven't read that anywhere in the FAQ, so basically you train yourself.

Secondly, we're not going to see many Dark Jedi (if any) in SWG.. It's hard enough to become a Jedi with all the training, AND THEN train yourself in the Dark Arts?...

That's going to be near impossible..

But I will **** myself if I come accross a Zabrak Dark Jedi with a doublebladed red lightsaber with extended blade lengths (all possible)...

#1 He became a Jedi
#2 He trained in the Dark Arts
#3 He got a lightsaber
#4 He made it dual bladed
#5 He found red crystals
#6 He made it extended length

So basically if you see that guy, consider him your God. And if he wants to kill you, put away your weapons and bow down.. lol... yeah i guess your right... :D
have you checked the main site forums.. i believe i have read some threads with peopl just wanting to be like Dartj maull... with the same tattoo.. and the same clothes and every thing. man it is going to be so boring to have a 1000 Maul wannabees in there :D.... imagine walking into MOs eisly seeing a whole buch of zabraks with the Maul tattoo....

Zendjir
06-10-2002, 12:39 PM
God, that would suck...but it's definetly possible.. :(

Training will be handeled the same way as other professions; at some point you need a skill-master (jedi master, holocron? ) to let you proceed further.

Andrew Past
06-10-2002, 01:32 PM
I read somewhere on www.swgalaxies.net (I'm pretty sure it was this site)that eventualy full trained Jedi will be able to train Force-sensitive people to also be a full trained Jedi.

setsuko
06-10-2002, 03:37 PM
According to the FAQ, there will even be instances where you have to find an apprentice to teach to be able to improve your own skills. And that goes for most areas, not only jedi training.

Andrew Past
06-10-2002, 04:33 PM
Oh, ok

Quan_Jon
06-14-2002, 02:57 PM
If I was given the oppurtunity I would play it through to be a Jedi after all thats what an RPG is about starting a character and playing it through for better or worse. I guess it would be pretty fun been able to use a saber and all and the chase would be pretty fun running and hiding trusting nobody. Although I must say all you people who say you will be a Jedi good luck you have preety much ruined you chances by not acting like Jedi before the game is even out. People who act like Jedi (People who don't whine) should become jedi its ojnly right.

Lord Helmet
06-15-2002, 12:56 AM
what about anakin he whined like a bitch and became ajedi..a sith lord i may add....though if it owuld be onmly to the extent of dark jedi now for all of you people who want to get technical grrr...

hate all those damn people say *in whiney making fun of voice* only good shall be jedi, only the righteous ones who don't want to and are god people should be jedi [/done sarchasm]

anyone lets all agree on radomness end it there

umm about given oppurtunity please explain and before you say something stupid read the faq!!! do do duut duuuuuut

JediGhost[SITH]
06-15-2002, 01:52 AM
Well Anakin was the "balancer of the force", and he had the most <insert Star Wars technical word here> count out of any Jedi, more than Yoda even.

So he could have been an ass or a nice guy, it didn't matter, he is like a super-force-jedi-god.

Lord Helmet
06-15-2002, 11:37 AM
well what about luke to..he was trained when he was 20 and he whined tooo.. .Beeen tell him im ready ben come on tell him im ready...blah blah blah blah blah......hey get out of there thats my dinner.......WHERES YODA...and many more examples too...

Redwing
06-16-2002, 08:52 AM
Originally posted by Quan_Jon
If I was given the oppurtunity I would play it through to be a Jedi after all thats what an RPG is about starting a character and playing it through for better or worse. I guess it would be pretty fun been able to use a saber and all and the chase would be pretty fun running and hiding trusting nobody. Although I must say all you people who say you will be a Jedi good luck you have preety much ruined you chances by not acting like Jedi before the game is even out. People who act like Jedi (People who don't whine) should become jedi its ojnly right.

I guess you've never seen the Star Wars movies. :D

Jan Gaarni
06-16-2002, 03:34 PM
Damn, my reply wasn't posted last time I was on? Well, here it is. :D

Uhm, Greg? Luke was the super-force-jedi-gods' son. Nuff said. :D

Redwing
06-16-2002, 03:41 PM
Yeah it was...the forums moved :D

Yeah, who was equally whiny...:D

Jan Gaarni
06-16-2002, 03:53 PM
Ah, I see. :D

If not more so. :D

Nah, prolly wasn't. ;) But definatly whiny in a dark way. :p

Lord Helmet
06-16-2002, 10:48 PM
obi-wan whined to....master please dont go against the jedi council agian...i tihnk we ALL remember that....from episode 1 if you recall..

gavor
06-17-2002, 09:26 AM
The longevity of this thread (and this discussion) never ceases to amaze me. :D

Wraith 8
06-17-2002, 02:18 PM
Just a little FYI.

uhmmm 56 people voted they WILL be Jedi..

and NONE have accepted my bet......

see a patern here :D

and suppose that ony 15 out of 3000 make Jedi
Suppose.
that means that now... 41 people are very disapointed.... right?

Zendjir
06-17-2002, 10:23 PM
RIGHT!

''your insight serves you well''

''The Jedi-wannabees will be turned....or they will be destroyed!''

ehmm...

who am I again?

JediGhost[SITH]
06-18-2002, 03:31 AM
They are TRUE jedis, they know that your beer-offer is a trick! When you go into the pub for the beer you will call the imperials (or a bounty hunter) to destroy the jedis!

They are the real deal!

I like the way you think... muahahahaha!

Hey and if you become a Jedi, along with Wraith's beer, I'll give you a FREE TOUR of the Deathstar! How does that sound?

And no, that Darth Vader is not one of those cheap Disney robots! Har har...

Lord Helmet
06-18-2002, 09:57 AM
waves hand you won't remember that i'm a jedi...just do that AFTEr he gets you the beer...thats the ticket

gore222
06-20-2002, 10:52 AM
What I am going to do is this. I am going to fight against the Empire very...umm...dedicatedly. Then I will get the expansion and fly X-wings. If I happen to stray along the path to becomming a Jedi, so be it. I will follow that path. I almost actually prefer the Rebels. One thing people dont understand is they arent all-powerful. They cant go along slaughtering Rebels or Imperials. A person with a blaster CAN kill a Jedi. It might be harder, but they can. With 4 or more people against a Jedi Knight-lower, definetly. They just cant understand.

Andrew Past
06-20-2002, 11:11 AM
You sound like me, but I'm more devoted to being a Jedi than a Rebel, but until I am a Jedi, I will be a Rebel devotee.

bothanjedi
06-20-2002, 12:45 PM
Yes, that is where the work should be, with the Empire closing in and all. Wait, is it possible that the Empire will destroy the Rebellion and that the galaxy will be ruled dictatorially?

Zendjir
06-20-2002, 05:24 PM
Wait, is it possible that the Empire will destroy the Rebellion and that the galaxy will be ruled dictatorially?

Only if they have a huge discoball nr.2. :deathii: And the galaxy is already ruled dictatorially, the emperor disbanded the senate remember?

I don't think that there will be massive scale battles between te rebs and imps, because that would not fit in teh continuity. The ''battles'' will probably be small scale skirmishes where rebs have to try to achieve an objective before more imperials arrive.

Lord Helmet
06-20-2002, 11:05 PM
gore how are you so suer hmmmm....have the game you do not...you do?

DudEhead
06-21-2002, 01:13 AM
hmm... large scale battles (100+ ppl) could be possible i think cause large scale in the game and on ur pc isn't large scale per say... large scale battles normally have prolly 50000+ units or something :)

Jan Gaarni
06-21-2002, 01:46 AM
Like Zendjir said.

No massive scale battles between the factions that would settle the Galactic Civil War.

Only battles that could shift the influence of the controlling faction on a planet. But nothing as major as complete control of a planet. :) Just my thought though.

Lord Helmet
06-21-2002, 02:28 AM
i believe it will fluctuate MAYBE you could have complete control over a planet for some time, but eventually balance would work out either by PC's or NPC's.but it would fluctuate

covenant_bad
06-21-2002, 05:30 AM
I think its ashame that the game is designed so that not everybody (in fact a very small amount) will be able to play as a jedi. Although I completely understand that it is set at a particular time in ST history and to have legions of jedi would be completely stupid.

And although the game (that im aware of) doesnt have a level system of progression it would be interesting and perhaps fairer if at a certain point in a characters career they could have the option some how to pursue becoming a jedi (e.g through visiting temples or going on quests or helping other jedi) . I would propose that the actual part of becoming a jedi easier than it is going to be but sustaining FS extremely hard. This would at least give people who were interested the chance to pursue becoming a jedi even if it were only for 2-6 hours of game time.

tell me what u think. it could all be crap but who knows?

setsuko
06-21-2002, 07:06 AM
Personally, I am among those who think that if I meet a jedi I don't know more than once a month, I'll be dissapointed. Well, that's me, and the game I want to play.

Perhaps this could be a fair solution:

Make a specific "Jedi Server", just like most MMORPGs have a PvP server. On this server, the chances to become jedi could be, well, 10-20 times bigger, or even more. All hopeful jedi could go there, and run around with their lightsabers, and the server I would play on would be a hundred jedi-wannabes poorer. To me, it's a win-win situation...

gavor
06-21-2002, 09:08 AM
Thats an interesting idea Setsuko. I've been thinking along those lines as well, a PvP dedicated server with increased chance of becoming Jedi.

Perhaps an even better solution would be introducing a server where people can select Jedi skills straight away (therefore leaving the mystique of becoming a Jedi on other servers intact). This way they can l33t sp34k and uber and bunny-hop all day long until their heads explode. The real business of SWG can move along on proper servers where serious players can get on with having fun.

gonk-raider
06-21-2002, 09:15 AM
Well if i have the chance to be force sensitive i'll take it but i'll be consumed most of the time , using my army i aquired from the empire to hunt down medics named absath

Lord Helmet
06-21-2002, 11:26 AM
or just let me be a jedi and we will all be content :D

The Sicness
06-25-2002, 02:46 PM
First off, I wanna say that I'm new here. And I was wondering if you could fight side to side with vader and become a traitor, backstabbing and killing him.

If I was able to become a jedi, I wouldn't, I want to be a zabrak marksman.

Wraith 8
06-25-2002, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by The Sicness
First off, I wanna say that I'm new here. And I was wondering if you could fight side to side with vader and become a traitor, backstabbing and killing him.

If I was able to become a jedi, I wouldn't, I want to be a zebrak marksman. Hi and WELCOME TO THE SWGALAXIES.NET forums.

hope you will stay around with us.

to answer your question. if you become a dark jedi.... vader will try to kill you. remember that there are always 2 sith lords. there is no room for another dark jedi in the court. You can however fight aloong side him as a normal imp officer.

BUT... you will NOT be able to KILL any important charachters like Darh Vader or Luke or whoever.

hope this answers some of your questions.

C ya

-Wriath 8-

The Sicness
06-25-2002, 03:18 PM
Yes that did answer my question. Thank you.

Koffin
06-26-2002, 06:11 AM
Dont worry though, we may not be able to kill Vader, but future expansions can...

Zendjir
06-27-2002, 02:29 AM
but future expansions can... huh? They can what? kill vader? Yu can forget that, we all know how he died, they won't change that in the game.

setsuko
06-27-2002, 07:07 AM
He means that if further expansions takes the timeframe past RotJ, then Vader would be dead, killed by the expansion. However, I doubt this will happen.

Koffin
06-27-2002, 07:18 AM
thanx setsuko :evil2:

setsuko
06-27-2002, 07:22 AM
No problem. My telepathic mindreading skills got the job done.

VIO
07-04-2002, 11:10 AM
duh its not a n fps thats why i want to be a jedi because its a RPG, i don't mind the small chance and such its a good system i just want as much of a chance at becoming ajedi as the everyone else ppl seem to forget that, its not the hard work or wat not its equal chance that annotis me i don't want to be playing the game for ten years and never get a chance while some noob get s one 5m in after he logs on. also its if the jedi thing is going to be hard and such and u can loose ur sensitivity to the force, i want to be able to get it back its should be OOPS that was ur chance sry u don't get another one EVER. in the reall star wars world it would be i messed up once now i can't ever be a jedi again...take kyle katarn in JO look at that story

Wraith 8
07-04-2002, 03:05 PM
sure.. go ahead... try away.

but i think you'd be better of playing the jedi knight games :)

But i wont try and stop you on doing so... try away.

(dont say we didnt advice you)

VIO
07-04-2002, 11:59 PM
sure.. go ahead... try away.

but i think you'd be better of playing the jedi knight games

But i wont try and stop you on doing so... try away.

(dont say we didnt advice you)

was that towards me? anyway i didn't say i don't like the fact that its hard and such or that i won't play anything else in thej game untill im a jedi im just saying in general don't you think that everyone should have an equal chance at becomming jedi?

Lord Helmet
07-05-2002, 11:57 AM
wraith you could be going a little harsh on people...i mean i dont tihnk its something u can try for anyway...i think it just hpapens...so you can't really tell people not to try to be one you know?...but what do i know i just have an iq higher than steven hawkings

VIO
07-05-2002, 11:10 PM
yeah i agree i read an arcticle in CGW bout how u can't try to be a jedi u just get a chance to start to be one

Pantherine
07-05-2002, 11:38 PM
as it said everyone has a CHANCE

Ride
07-06-2002, 12:30 AM
Yes, people have a "Chance", but what you dont understand is that you have to probably spend countless hours trying to become a Jedi, no one knows. I have talked to most Jedi PA's and from what I understand, if/when one of them become a Jedi, they will all tell eachother how and then they all become Jedi once they get their chance with the force sensitivity thing.

D@rth M@ul
07-07-2002, 09:15 AM
Will it be different for the Sith lord. Is that even a option do be
a dark jedi so to speak.

Honestly, Im not one of those people that take a star wars name
and all that. I picked darth maul because I have a slightly unhealthy
obsession with his character. And after seeing the Zabrak race
in SWG I immediately fell in love with the game.

Now, seeing as you can customize your character, I can only
hope that I will be able to tatto sith marks on my Zabrak.

About the jedi thing. I think you guys did SCARE people away.
It sounds pretty damn heard to be a jedi and I would definately
try and probably fail.

But just imagine when people see you and your a jedi their like
holy ****, that guys bad ass or something. I just think that respect
should be hard to earn .

Pantherine
07-07-2002, 12:21 PM
I think respect is deserved by those who've earned it (which in this case is becoming a jedi) and I believe im eating too much bagels, but any way I also believe it's kind of stupid going out and creating a PA that soul purpose is to get rid of jedi, not that im saying that its a bad thing to make a PA that soul purpose is to kill jedi that boast about being one, but for the reason of being able to go around and tell people that you've KILLED A JEDI and stole his mother ******* bad *** saber that they put so much hard time into making.

Hokin
07-08-2002, 01:26 AM
Well I hope this mass decrese of 'I wanna be a jedi' wont lead to 100,000,000 Bounty Hunters a 40 Jedis :D

Personaly Id like to start off as a Rebel Soldier or a Imp Soldier and maybe be a bounty hunter, or just a Uber L337 Rebel/Stormtrooper :p

sights0d
07-08-2002, 01:45 AM
I don't understand why they had to pick that particular era to have the game. I would have chosen something like the golden era of the Republic. Lots of Jedi, lots of other opportunities, and even some Sith running around. Maybe they'll do an expansion.

I, for one, want to be either a smuggler or a gunslinger.

Ride
07-08-2002, 02:24 AM
Well, if your a Jedi, you are basically a outcast from what I have seen on sites and forums. Peopl want to kill Jedi for some idiotic reason.

Now, the most choosen(sp) race that people want to pick are bounty hunter, smuggler, or a Jedi of some sort. That is going to suck, yet be good because I am going to be a pilot and kick all the stupid bounty hunters ass with my missles. Anyway, I wish people would really think about what race and profession they want when they all are announced.

setsuko
07-08-2002, 03:35 AM
Myself, I am pretty glad they chose the GCW era. I find it more entertaining than the Old Republic era. It has a rawer, grittier, more 'living on the edge' flair than those clean places with jedi littering the place.

After all, conflict is the heart of all entertainment, and coflicts are more interesting when there's no jedi running around solving them all the time! :)

So yes, if I got to choose between playing in the old republic era, the GCW era, or the NJA era, it would be a simple choise. And that's NOT because I am going to play imperial! (which, at the moment, I don't plan on doing)

Kurgan
07-08-2002, 04:57 AM
I can see it all now... people selling their "Jedi Master" characters online for a few thousand $$$ to some gamers in Korea. ; p

setsuko
07-08-2002, 05:24 AM
Yes, a jedi character will be worth a lot on e-bay, I guess.

JediGhost[SITH]
07-08-2002, 06:52 AM
Actually the people from Korea will be selling the Jedis and Americans will be purchasing them. (The jedis, not the Koreans)

Wraith 8
07-08-2002, 02:40 PM
Uhm.... i never said to any one they should not try... i just said... dont prepare on being one... dont get your hopes up... dont settle your thoughts and efforts on this one thing.. try to have an open mind about the thing....

they said in almost ALL interviews... we want jedi to be RARE and MISTERIOUS.

But hey.. go ahead and try... im sure not going to stop you....
i even want to make a bet with all the people who want to be Jedi... but NONE have taken the bet..... pitty

-Wraith 8-

darthbong
07-08-2002, 07:10 PM
Jedi, I AM
http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/yoda/img/movie3_bg.jpg

Hokin
07-08-2002, 09:44 PM
Everyone sees being a Jedi the most glamorus thing about this game, as it was with other SW games. I mean, you wont see people buying this game thinking "OMG, I CAN BE A HAIRDRESSER AND COLOUR MY HAIR RED!!1"

People overestimate the power of the force.. maybe a hairdresser could become as powerful as darth vader!... *ahem* wtf am I on about..? :p

I think we all should be told, in detail, about the other proffesions, and how beneficial they could be..rather than staying with what we know of.. the all powerful Jedi path.
</rant>

oooh! politics!
:amidala:

Wraith 8
07-08-2002, 10:06 PM
well you got my support...
play JKII if you want Jedi. than it wont be turn based :p

and BTW.... im in this game for the giant exsploration and things there are... to see whole planets of Star Wars... to travel threw the stars.. to do what i would like to do.... talk to people all over the world who think the same thing as me.

i did not get into this game for the hacking slashing blasting stuff.
for that i can buy all those other Star Wars games.

im in it for the smuggling profession.. or in my case trading....

Hokin
07-08-2002, 10:39 PM
Hehe.. I can see my character earning cash, going to the hairdresser getting blue locks, going to the most dangorus bar and brawling with some dodgy ex-jedi. Then It'll be off to the Weaponsmith's to make me a gun for hunting some stormtroopers :p

lol, well I dont have much of a social life atm, should be gr8 for those boring wet mondays/sundays though. I cant wait! :)

Koffin
07-11-2002, 01:19 PM
I mean, you wont see people buying this game thinking "OMG, I CAN BE A HAIRDRESSER AND COLOUR MY HAIR RED!!"

Oh you'd be suprised...:eyeraise:

Exar Kun II
07-12-2002, 06:32 AM
I think I'm just gonna be a stripper in a nightclub.:D LOL!

Tips will be very appreciated. That way I'll be able to bribe a Jedi master into teaching me about the force. HA! :D

J/K

Hokin
07-12-2002, 04:55 PM
Jedi could just mind trick you into taking your clothes off for free :)
"you WILL take off your clothes now"
..."i will take off my clothes now..hmm" :o

JediGhost[SITH]
07-13-2002, 01:09 AM
Originally posted by Hokin
Jedi could just mind trick you into taking your clothes off for free :)
"you WILL take off your clothes now"
..."i will take off my clothes now..hmm" :o

Well if a "jedi" did that then they wouldn't be a Jedi, would they?

Lord Helmet
07-13-2002, 09:03 AM
wraih u gave me the impression that u forgot my whole meaning of "trying" to be a jedi.....remember i agree with u that ppl shouldn't get their hopes up.....but thats it....because you can NOT try.....u could though put some skills in combat....but otherwise...u could be a cook or a hairdresser...and poof u become "force sensitive" then u CA?N try....but otherwise its just luck to begin ur phase of "trying"......i think there have been enough warnings here...

Koffin
07-13-2002, 12:59 PM
"try? there is no try..."

Jan Gaarni
07-13-2002, 10:59 PM
"You do ... or do not"

Lord Helmet
07-14-2002, 04:07 AM
exactly but we could do without the dew!....errmmm u know what i mean!

Hokin
07-14-2002, 05:51 AM
Be safe.. be a hairdresser..

Wraith 8
07-15-2002, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by greg g
wraih u gave me the impression that u forgot my whole meaning of "trying" to be a jedi.....remember i agree with u that ppl shouldn't get their hopes up.....but thats it....because you can NOT try.....u could though put some skills in combat....but otherwise...u could be a cook or a hairdresser...and poof u become "force sensitive" then u CA?N try....but otherwise its just luck to begin ur phase of "trying"......i think there have been enough warnings here... hey.. try away :D.. they have my blessings :D

(should i take this thread down??)

Redwing
07-15-2002, 04:47 PM
"Adventure? Excitement? Heh! A Jedi craves not these things."

But I do!

Jan Gaarni
07-15-2002, 05:12 PM
"You are reckless!"

Wraith 8
07-15-2002, 05:40 PM
i must state that you 2 have said it like no other could have said it :D (except for Yoda :D)

Jan Gaarni
07-17-2002, 05:26 AM
Well, I was replying to Redwing there. lol :D

drizzt2k2
07-17-2002, 01:02 PM
i just cannnnnnnnnnt waiiit to try to be a jedi, and play this game.
how are the force powers gonna work? and why havent they posted any screenshots of lightsabers in action?

Wraith 8
07-17-2002, 06:53 PM
riiiight.

First of all:

WELCOME TO SWGALAXIES.NET

second.. i suggest you read the other sticky :D

third....
so you want to be a jedi?
have you thought it thru.? have you read up on the info of the devs? i dont want to discourage you and all.... but i think you should think about it... it is not as easy as you think.

and the devs havent realeased any info on jedi at all.. so also no screens.. i did saw a video of this guy making the jedi moves in game.... but that is all... sorry

Hope you will stick around

-Wraith 8-

Wraith 8
07-18-2002, 02:23 AM
The great Jedi Thread has been un sticky-ed...... i think we passed over the Jedi business for now... and because this thread wasnt always a happy ending.. i unsticked it..... if there is a nother flood of Jedi's wandering the forums.. i will open up another sticky with info on it :D

Ewok Hunter
09-13-2002, 10:09 PM
well, it seems that the doors have been opened again, so i'm rolling out this welcome mat
BUMP

Jan Gaarni
09-14-2002, 03:26 AM
Oh ... great. It's baaaaack. :D

setsuko
09-14-2002, 03:52 AM
The Thread of All Threads. It's alive! Moahahaha!

Anyway, in some way, that's good. The whole 'new members asking how to become jedi' thingy has been more common again. And since I seem to be the only one on the planet actually reading FAQ's when I wonder something... ;) [/sarcasm mode]

Enough of that. Please, post your jedi questions here. That's what this thread is for, so to say.

Wraith 8
09-14-2002, 11:05 AM
i dont know if this is such a good idea...... if the new jedi people read the entire thread.. they might not want to ask things about Jedi.. cause we all were a bit ... well...... short tempered...

but ill let it last for now

Rryanh
09-24-2002, 07:00 PM

Just a thought...

If "force sensitivity" will have a small window of opportunity to work for a given charachter, then can you see all those Jedi-Wannabes creating character after character until they get one that sticks! LOL!!

"YODA 14 You have been obliterated by Bobba Fett"...bounty collected!"

Can't wait to see all the young dOOds spending their hours and money on 50 first level characters to stubbornly get that one Jedi to get "force sensitivity"!

See you in the Galaxy!

:dmaul3:

Rryanh

L.O.F Leader
09-29-2002, 04:03 AM
I've only just got here , so i may not be 100% accurate with current affairs.

But does it not occur to anyone that if by chnace you do become a Jedi , then if vader finds you he will turn you to one of the emperors dark minnions , that the books kept talking about.

So if you become a Jedi depending on what time setting you become one its best to try and seek out rumours of other jedi , that way if there becomes a group of jedi training then they stand more chance of success against any enemies than one Jedi by theirself.

It may work like that it may not.

But for me i started a PA , called the Legions of the Force. Now i didn't relaise the depthness that becoming a jedi would become but it doesn't matter about the PA's , at the end of the day some of them are for fun. My PA can always fall back on the whole military aspect, so in a way we fufill what we promise.

Angel

Wraith 8
09-29-2002, 05:23 PM
Welcome to
SWGalaxies.net

Hi there..... well i think in game, Vader will be a bit different than discribed in the books... i think he will kill yah... i dont think you will be able to join the cult of the Sith :D