PDA

View Full Version : Questions abt AoTC~ help me Out! **SPOLIER**

~*H0ly_sHat*~
05-23-2002, 01:08 PM
hi all.....
dun read on if u havnt watched it yet.....(i dont know how to use the spoiler cover function)

ermm , i dont know if u guys remember this but i tink last time (quite long ago) some fella in this forum (or is it at starwars.com?)asked why qui gon's body didnt disappear when he died whereas obiwan , yoda, vader did disappeared... and then the guys at starwars.com said that this will be explained in AoTC.... but i just watched it and i still have no answers at all! (u guys noticed tt there were plenty of jedi bodies lying ard when the jedis were fighting off waves of driods?)

ok ,, that was qns one....next:

2) when jango fett's head was slashed cleean off his shoulders...... boba later picked up the helmet..... but wheres the head??

3)in the same battle since with the driods, i noticed all the jedi council members were there.... except for one.... Remember the female version of yoda's species? where was she? was she seifer-dyas(sp) ??

4) erm..... cant remember my qns ..... damnit.... should have wrote it down somewhere......

well... i hope somebody can help me get over these qns cos its been bugging me..... any logical answer can cure me now

~*H0ly_sHat*~
05-23-2002, 03:22 PM
and oh yea~!

4) is it me or is that a Imperial logo at the side of the Jedi Starfighter ?

Vestril
05-23-2002, 04:21 PM
ermm , i dont know if u guys remember this but i tink last time (quite long ago) some fella in this forum (or is it at starwars.com?)asked why qui gon's body didnt disappear when he died whereas obiwan , yoda, vader did disappeared... and then the guys at starwars.com said that this will be explained in AoTC.... but i just watched it and i still have no answers at all! (u guys noticed tt there were plenty of jedi bodies lying ard when the jedis were fighting off waves of driods?)

I don't remember every hearing that it would be explained in AotC from any reliable source, and many of those bodies were droid bodies, I don't remember specifically seeing any Jedi bodies.

2) when jango fett's head was slashed cleean off his shoulders...... boba later picked up the helmet..... but wheres the head??

No...the most feared bounty hunter in the Galaxy would not havce a way to keep his helmet from going flying every time he moves... ;)

3)in the same battle since with the driods, i noticed all the jedi council members were there.... except for one.... Remember the female version of yoda's species? where was she? was she seifer-dyas(sp) ??

Her name was Yaddle, and good observation, I have no idea as to the explanation for her being missing.

Not just you ;)

yoda_alex
05-23-2002, 05:27 PM
No, I thought i saw the tie fighter logo on obi wans fighter as well!!

Maybe whoever makes the jedi starfighters goes on to making the ties.

JR128
05-23-2002, 05:32 PM
Maybe cuz the empire took over the republic they took over the symbol also?

CaptainRAVE
05-23-2002, 05:36 PM
The empire are the republic. Surely you all worked that out from Darth Sidious's manipulation of the armies.

Divine Spirit
05-23-2002, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by Vestril
Her name was Yaddle, and good observation, I have no idea as to the explanation for her being missing.

i think it would be good if yoda knocked her up and she left the order to hide the fact she was pregnant and also to hide the shame that they both face for going against their jedi beliefs....this way, yoda can continue to be in the council and no one would know! so then yaddle goes to a hidden planet and raises the child....she dies later on but by that time the child is old enough to cope on its own and then that child will be very strong in the force and can feature in the expanded universe! YEY!

Divine Spirit

DigitalGangsta
05-23-2002, 05:53 PM
Actually, Vader's body was burned on Endor after the battle in RotJ.. so it didn't dissapear. But he DID appear with Yoda and Obi-Wan as ghosts.
Its possible that Obi Wan and Yoda are much more powerful Jedi's than Qui-Gon and somehow using the force dissapeared, (Obi-Wan actually stops fighting for a second and meditates before he is cut down by Vader. And Yoda was lying in his bed so had plenty of time to become 'one with the force').

Vestril
05-23-2002, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by DigitalGangsta
Actually, Vader's body was burned on Endor after the battle in RotJ.. so it didn't dissapear. But he DID appear with Yoda and Obi-Wan as ghosts.
Its possible that Obi Wan and Yoda are much more powerful Jedi's than Qui-Gon and somehow using the force dissapeared, (Obi-Wan actually stops fighting for a second and meditates before he is cut down by Vader. And Yoda was lying in his bed so had plenty of time to become 'one with the force').

Actually...we just didn't see it dissapear, according to Starwars.com, Luke was just burning the empty armor.

JR128
05-23-2002, 06:11 PM

Actually...we just didn't see it dissapear, according to Starwars.com, Luke was just burning the empty armor.

Which shouldn't actually work on armor being metel and all and that just being a fire. Through a tin can in there and it comes out a tin can when the fires gone:rolleyes:

Vestril
05-23-2002, 06:36 PM
Which shouldn't actually work on armor being metel and all and that just being a fire. Through a tin can in there and it comes out a tin can when the fires gone

You only really see the plastic parts burning...

~*H0ly_sHat*~
05-23-2002, 10:52 PM
then what about the death star plans?
wasn't it supposed to b some imperial scientist (i 4gotten the name) who designed it?

Vestril
05-23-2002, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by ~*H0ly_sHat*~
then what about the death star plans?
wasn't it supposed to b some imperial scientist (i 4gotten the name) who designed it?

Kevin J. Anderson dissed Lucas in an article, so Lucas was all: 'F*** this S***, you think you all that?? I'll show you who's the pish' and he decided to contradict the EU at every possible turn.

--Edit--
No...that was a lie, but basically Lucas doesn't care what it says in the EU, he does whatever he wants

acdcfanbill
05-23-2002, 11:22 PM
bevel lemelisk designed DS 1 and then improved for DS 2... and that doesnt come from the Jedi Academy Trilogy, i have it in my imperial technical manual, from early on...

Vestril
05-23-2002, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by acdcfanbill
bevel lemelisk designed DS 1 and then improved for DS 2... and that doesnt come from the Jedi Academy Trilogy, i have it in my imperial technical manual, from early on...

I wasn't trying to say it was, I just picked KJA because I hate his books with a passion...:p

~*H0ly_sHat*~
05-24-2002, 02:47 AM
hmm... theres also the part abt the tusken raiders.... mayb i missed wat was said in the movie but why did the tusken raiders kidnapped shimi skywalker for?:confused: as a slave? for food? for fun? which was it?
thanks so far for helping me with my questions....(am i asking to much?):p

DarkLegion
05-24-2002, 02:48 AM
Jango's head is still inside the helmet
cause lightsaber burns the wound so blood didn't came out of his head
ug.......disgusting.................

Vestril
05-24-2002, 03:08 AM
hmm... theres also the part abt the tusken raiders.... mayb i missed wat was said in the movie but why did the tusken raiders kidnapped shimi skywalker for?:confused: as a slave? for food? for fun? which was it?
thanks so far for helping me with my questions....(am i asking to much?):p

They are secretly working for the Emperor, they want Anakin to turn to the Dark Side so they kidnap his mother. Quite a clever ploy!!! JK lol.

I don't honestly understand it myself. Plus it's pretty odd how she dies...it's kind of like Padme in the end, she's laying there writhing in pain on the ground, and then the CloneTrooper asks her if she's alright and she says 'yes' and just gets up, not acting dazed or at all hurt. It's kind of a bad acting moment...

GidionTheDead
05-24-2002, 05:58 AM

Before Qui-Gon Jinn's voice was heard in AotC, no (light) Jedi ever returned from the dead, because the became one with the force. (=>novelization)
After Yoda heard Qui-Gon and sensed the imballance of the force, he invented a technique to return as a visible ghost (assumption) and later he taught Anakin and Obi how to do it, too (fact).

I got either stuck in the helmet... or you can see it right after the decapacitaion <sp> in the lower right corner of the screen.

They took her out of the movie because she was looking ridiculous. As for an in-movie explanation: No idea!

Either the KDY (kuat Drive Yards) logo or a military insignia of the Republic (a.k.a. the Empire-to-be).

hmm... theres also the part abt the tusken raiders.... mayb i missed wat was said in the movie but why did the tusken raiders kidnapped shimi skywalker for? as a slave? for food? for fun? which was it?

Tusken Raider always do that (even during Episode 4). Either they take them as hostages or they kill them them for food, joy, whatever.

BCanr2d2
05-24-2002, 10:44 PM
It is more of the theory of Force they follow:

Qui-Gon believed in the Living Force, quoting in the opening scenes of TPM "Be mindful of the living, keep your mind on the here and now"

Yoda and most others went along with the Unifying Force, where their actions were more to keep the Force in balance, unified, and not to act on the whimsy of what the Force told them. More of a conservative approach, standing back and looking at the long term effects of using the Force. More of being at one with the Force.

This seems to be the explanation that GL gives us, that Qui-Gon does exist in the afterworld - we hear him scream at Anakin as he murders the Tusken Raiders, but not in spirit form.

~*H0ly_sHat*~
05-25-2002, 07:17 AM
hey guys, thanks fer the replies~!:p
however i do need someone to teach me how to upload custom avatar.... i know i have to do it under <user cp's> 'edit option' button..... after tt.... wat next? press change avatar? but its still the same old picture....

~*H0ly_sHat*~
05-25-2002, 07:21 AM
ahh... heck.. nvr mind.... found out how to change already....... but have no good avatars.... anyone got any suggestions? feel free to post here! :D

DarkLegion
05-25-2002, 07:30 AM
Why don't you join us?
we are stormmies
WE NEED YOU
Join the stormtrooper
plus we are not alone

DarkLegion
05-25-2002, 07:32 AM
look into topic: Hey, you there! for further infomation
:trooper::trooper::trooper::trooper::trooper:

Pedantic
05-25-2002, 07:42 AM
How is Shmi's death bad acting? :confused:

DarkLegion
05-25-2002, 07:46 AM
i don't think so
maybe she die because those sand raiders didn't let she eat
;) :D

~*H0ly_sHat*~
05-25-2002, 07:57 AM
Why don't you join us?we are stormmies WE NEED YOU Join the stormtrooper plus we are not alone

wat are u talking abt???:confused:

DarkLegion
05-25-2002, 08:10 AM
use stormtrooper as your avatar i meant

Aziraphale
05-25-2002, 11:14 AM
I don't remember Qui-Gon screaming at anakin! What did he say?

defalc
05-25-2002, 01:45 PM
After he slaughters the raiders, when its showing Yoda, you hear 'Anakin....Anakin noooooo!' or something - that's Qui Gon Jinn's voice. :)

Aziraphale
05-25-2002, 04:11 PM
I see. Even though its not that important, I can't beleive I missed it. I'll have to go see it again just so i can see that bit.

Isn't life a bitch ;)

:jawa

Pedantic
05-25-2002, 06:01 PM
I've heard that Qui-Gon saying, "Anakin, Anakin" has significance for the next movie.

acdcfanbill
05-26-2002, 02:50 AM
well, you know what i heard? spoilers should be placed inside spoiler tags... :D thanks...

DarkLegion
05-26-2002, 03:47 AM
i am sorry but i think this is a spoiler thread, already.:D

Chaotic~Angel
05-26-2002, 03:58 AM
I think Jangos head got stuck on the way out :)

Also the other little yoda like person might now have been a skilled warrior but remained behind to watch over the academy. Think about it, its school time but there are no teachers or principals

Well maybe the Republics symbol is the Imperial Symbol i mean they're the same government. You cant say the Republic symbol is the same as the rebellion symbol though otherwise your making baseless assumptions.

Also i think returning to force happens only to those who are still needed for others fates. the force does it to em :)

I have my own question though....

In Episode II Boba fett looks to be 9 or 10 right? Well in Episode II Anakin is about 18/19. In Episode 6 Anakin is looking 50+ easily. Doesnt that mean Boba fetts old too, like really old. Senior citizens revolt!

~*H0ly_sHat*~
05-26-2002, 05:06 AM
Darklegion: oh ok~ but there isnt much to choose frm in the server's avatars.... hey does any one here remember there was this spinning stormtrooper helmet? i kinda wanna put tt as my avatar.

Chaotic~Angel: hmm.... boba ? 50 ++? maybe that will explain why he was so easily defeated in RotJ...

Vestril
05-26-2002, 06:36 AM
Anakin was in his early 20s when Luke was born (aka in the next movie). Luke was 20 in ANH, which suggests that it came 20 years after EpIII.

So...

Boba Fett was about 10, and DV was about 20. The OT came 20 years later. That would make them how old in OT? :)

Pedantic
05-26-2002, 07:50 AM
No...numbers...can't...do...arithmetic... ;) :D

DarkLegion
05-26-2002, 09:30 AM
perhaps boba is not a human that in our concept
not a human on Earth

BCanr2d2
05-26-2002, 09:36 AM
I would agree, after all he is from across the Tasman, those New Zealanders are weird at the best of times!!

JandoFett1842
05-26-2002, 01:43 PM
Boba Fett is about 40+ years old in ROTJ, yet he still manages to blast his way out of the sarlacc escape and try to capture Han Solo for the next 25 years. About the Lightsaber cotering the wounds, that could happen, but what about poor old Pomba Bomba? There was blood there, and the poor wampa? But the winey kid's hand was cottered with the saber, why, that is lame! The impeirial logo is also the repbulic's becuase they are one and the same. LucasFilms totaly ruend all the books by alowing them to show the plans for a death star in AOTC. Thats just wrong! :barf:

Vestril
05-26-2002, 03:34 PM
Boba Fett is about 40+ years old in ROTJ

Your Math teacher should seriously be shot. Let me work it out for you.

Ep.2 Boba is 10

2 years pass

Ep.3 Boba is 12

20 years pass

Ep.4 Boba is 32

3 years pass

Ep.5 Boba is 35

6 months pass

Ep.6 Boba is 35, possibly 36

Math lesson completed.

Hindy
05-26-2002, 06:56 PM
on the explanation of yaddle, if ya read about the Jedi High Council in the ep1 visual dictionary, it states the council is made up of 4 lifetime members, 4 longtime members and 4 temporary members who serve for a set time. So Yaddle could have just served her time........

I wondered bout` Jangos head too, till i saw it a second time and noticed a second shadow as the helmet hit the floor, the shadow probably being the head.

~*H0ly_sHat*~
05-27-2002, 01:45 AM
Jandofett: yea, i would agree with u abt GL showing the plans of DS at geonosis... totally changed the whole EU.... Also, mayb boba fett was intended to die and not survived the sarlacc pit at all if we follow GL's version of SW universe...
*sigh*.... another point in EU that GL decided not to follow...:(....what next ? one might wonder....:confused:

Chaotic~Angel
05-27-2002, 01:49 AM
How can boba be bout 36? Darth Vader (anakin) is old old at the end, probably 56...thatd make boba 46 :)

Vestril
05-27-2002, 03:03 AM
Originally posted by Chaotic~Angel
How can boba be bout 36? Darth Vader (anakin) is old old at the end, probably 56...thatd make boba 46 :)

Here, let me see if I can help you:Your Math teacher should seriously be shot. Let me work it out for you.

Ep.2 Boba is 10

2 years pass

Ep.3 Boba is 12

20 years pass

Ep.4 Boba is 32

3 years pass

Ep.5 Boba is 35

6 months pass

Ep.6 Boba is 35, possibly 36

Math lesson completed.

Apparently you need a second lesson.

Ep. 1 Ani is 10

10 years pass

Ep. 2 Ani is 20

2 years pass

Ep. 3 Ani is 22

20 years pass

Ep. 4 DV is 42

3 years pass

Ep. 5 DV is 45

6 months pass

Ep. 6 DV is 45, possibly 46

Lesson 2 completed. That's how.

If you doubt my numbers (Anakin's age, the time between the movies), feel free to do some research.

If you doubt my addition skills...well feel free to go back to 3rd Grade :p

~*H0ly_sHat*~
05-28-2002, 06:05 AM
here's another question: Remember when obi wan gave luke his 1st lightsaber (supposingly once belong to anakin).... how come that lightsaber didnt look anything like the one anakin used in AotC ?

and why did the lightsaber in AotC look like the one Vader uses? wasnt it destroyed on geonosis when it was crushed by those stamping machinery? :confused:

Chastan
05-28-2002, 06:28 AM
I think hindy is right in that you see the shadow of jango's head fly out.

about qui-gon not fading out: what if he didn't die, he was a traitor or something? I don't know, it doesn't really make much sense, since we hear his voice...oh well, just another weird random thought =)

Vestril
05-28-2002, 07:03 AM
But we see his body being burned...

here's another question: Remember when obi wan gave luke his 1st lightsaber (supposingly once belong to anakin).... how come that lightsaber didnt look anything like the one anakin used in AotC ?

and why did the lightsaber in AotC look like the one Vader uses? wasnt it destroyed on geonosis when it was crushed by those stamping machinery?

Ok you answered your own question about the Luke's Saber not looking like Anakin's in AotC (that one was destroyed). If you meant the saber he gets in the Area/Dooku duel, that's because those were just spare Sabers, it wasn't really his.

As to the one in AotC looking like Vaders, it obviously wasn't the same, since Vaders was red blade and black hilt--it just looked a little like it.

power_ed
05-28-2002, 07:14 AM

answers (i think) here (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=55798)

Chastan
05-28-2002, 07:32 AM
But we see his body being burned...

ooops :D

about yaddle...perhaps she's just out on business or something? the jedi are supposed to be guarding the galaxy, after all. ;)