PDA

View Full Version : Good Canadian bands

Olin Valden
05-25-2002, 02:21 AM
I'm a lonely Teenager in a Mexican State, And all i ever hear is Rap, AWEFUL STUFF it should be CRAP not RAP, I'm looking for a good Canadian band because the ones I heard I love, Sum41, Nickleback. I just want to know if there other ones like Nickleback and Sum41 from Canada, I dont really want "This is how u remind" type songs by Nickleback but anything else will do.

Or if any has heard of a new band thats not the well know I'm interested if songs are on KaZaA Since Music Communitys are the easiet way to make bands well know :D

Vestril
05-25-2002, 07:11 AM
Our Lady Peace rules

Pedantic
05-25-2002, 08:37 AM
Rap rocks! :D

Reb Starblazer
05-25-2002, 06:03 PM
I agree with Vestril, Our Lady Peace are awesome, and have a new album coming out. The song "Somewhere out there" is amazing. You should also look for The Tragically Hip, which have a style very much their own, but one I really like. The song "Ahead by a Century" is my favourite by them. Also, "At the Hundreth Meridian", "My music at work", "Something On", "Locked in the trunk of a Car" and "New Orleans is sinking " are quite good as well. I Mother Earth are another good Canadian band, particularly their older stuff. The songs "One more Astronaut" and "Another Sunday" are really good. Matthew Good band are great, they have some harder music, but a few nice acoustic songs as well, "Apparitions" and "Strange Days" are their acoustic ones. Also, "Everything is Automatic", "Load me up", and "Hello Time Bomb" are some good songs. How could I forget Barenaked Ladies, one of my favourite Canadian bands. The songs "Brian Wilson", "Lovers in a Dangerous Time", "Be my Yoko Ono", "Life in a Nutshell", and of course "If I had a Million Dollars" are some of their songs I like. I'm trying to think of some more, and If I do, I'll post them on here.

Olin Valden
05-25-2002, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by Pedantic
Rap rocks! :D

No Rap ... Raps

Clem
05-25-2002, 06:56 PM
barenaked ladies are canadian yes/no?

good band even if they arent

Vestril
05-25-2002, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by Reb_Starblazer
I agree with Vestril, Our Lady Peace are awesome, and have a new album out. The song "Somewhere out there" is amazing.

Holy Moley!!! Gravity is out?!? I completely didn't realize that!!

--Edit--
Oh, it's not out for another month. lol

Jman3ooo
05-25-2002, 07:35 PM
MOXY FRUVOUS

Wicket the Ewok
05-25-2002, 09:06 PM
Godspeed You Black Emperor! are Canadian and very, very good.

Reb Starblazer
05-25-2002, 09:38 PM
To Darth Clem, yes, the Barenaked Ladies are Canadian.
Sorry to get your hopes up Vestril, I've since gone back and edited my original post:D
I too remember Moxy Fruvous, and here's a question. Anyone remember the Spin Doctors? Another cool Canadian band.

PS: The Tragically Hip have a new album "It's A Good Life If You Don't Weaken" coming out on June 11th!

numberonedrum
05-25-2002, 11:29 PM
How can anyone possibly forget one of the greatest canadian bands of all time... Rush!!!!!! lol

Jae

chris kenobi
05-26-2002, 12:33 AM
Why do you need canadian bands? Try something good... Chili Peppers, Metallica etc

p.s. Rap sucks turnips from a dog's ass.

Vestril
05-26-2002, 01:13 AM
Originally posted by chris kenobi
Why do you need canadian bands? Try something good... Chili Peppers, Metallica etc

He wants Canadian bands because he wants to listen to good music. *unsubscribes from thread to protect himself from Hell re-creation society*

Olin Valden
05-26-2002, 01:14 AM

Here's why not Metallica

Remember "Napster bad napster bad"?

acdcfanbill
05-26-2002, 03:40 AM
rush are awesome, and also coming out with a new album if i remimber correctly... and why hasnt anyone mentioned kitty yet, now thats a damn good canuk band!!

Chaotic~Angel
05-26-2002, 04:46 AM
Hmm punk(ish)

Sum41
Treble Charger
Gob

Non punkish
Great big sea

Olin Valden
05-26-2002, 05:23 AM
Sum41 punk? Well I've only heard one song "Into Deep" But sounds good, Kitty hehe I know of a Japanese Singer named Kitty. I download a lot of rush They kick major @$$, Is there any Jazz form canada?

How bout them Maple Leafs???

Bungalow
05-26-2002, 06:11 AM
Linkin Park rules (not Canadian), as does Swollen Members (Canadian)

chris kenobi
05-26-2002, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by Olin Valden

Here's why not Metallica

Remember "Napster bad napster bad"?

yeah doesn't exactly mean they make bad music - not everything in life is free.

CreeP_303
05-26-2002, 02:22 PM
Age of Electric

Limblifter

Delerium

Matthew Good Band

The Tea Party

Sloan

Headstones

Econoline Crush

Robin Black and the Intergalactic Rock Stars

FINGER ELEVEN [i URGE you to check these guys out]

Chaotic~Angel
05-26-2002, 03:07 PM
Sum41 punk? Well I've only heard one song "Into Deep" But sounds good, Kitty hehe I know of a Japanese Singer named Kitty. I download a lot of rush They kick major @$$, Is there any Jazz form canada?

How bout them Maple Leafs???

For jazz try 'The Great Canadian Brass' they might be good, I dunno I dont listen to em. Those maple leafs...hate em. Also the Sens, I don't care much for them either even though I live in Ottawa. Canucks are for my, got to root for my home town no matter how bad they are

SnowMongoose
05-26-2002, 03:21 PM
OLP = rocks

Econoline crush = good

Treble charger = I like em

Snow = funny (Not me, the guy who rapped Informer, he was a 1 hit wonder)

Canada is actually pretty good musically!

Snow

Murdoch
05-26-2002, 06:33 PM
omg how can you mention canadian punk and forget Danko Jones?

Danko Jones are great Danko Jones rule. I say Danko Jones alot in this topic. Get all you find from them.

Olin Valden
05-26-2002, 07:33 PM

yeah doesn't exactly mean they make bad music - not everything in life is free.

Really? Thats not what your mom said last night :D

Do it doesn't mean they make bad music, They make Aweful music never liked them yet I know the words to 4 songs because of LANs I kicked the guys butt in JK2 though :)

chris kenobi
05-26-2002, 08:20 PM

Really? Thats not what your mom said last night :D

No, that's what your mum said to your boyfriend as your dad had him up the arse

Olin Valden
05-27-2002, 12:29 AM

No, that's what your mum said to your boyfriend as your dad had him up the arse

Well to spoil your fun, I have no boyfriend and my Girlfriend is in Vancouver right now, Not BC Washington, But back on topic with Canadian bands

GOB kicks @$$
Rush Kicks @$$
Downloading Godspeed you black emperor

Can someone just give me a list of Canadian bands with no words other the bands names plz

Thanks
Dave

Reb Starblazer
05-27-2002, 08:01 PM
Here goes:
Our Lady Peace
I Mother Earth
The Tragically Hip
Gob
The Barenaked Ladies
Sum41
Nickelback
Matthew Good Band
Godspeed You Black Emperor
RUSH!!!!
Gob
Swollen Members (Rap, I don't like them, but I'll put them here)
Danko Jones
Econoline Crush
Treble Charger
Age of Electric
Limblifter
Sloan (How could I have forgotten Sloan! Doh)
Delerium
The Tea Party
Headstones
Robin Black and the Intergalactic Rock Stars
FINGER ELEVEN( I'll take these guys over Metallica anyday)
Moxy Fruvous
The Guess Who(had to add it :D )
Great Big Sea(I'm amazed, I can't believe you know who they are)
Kitty(I don't like them, but to be fair I'll put them here)

I take no credit in doing this, I'm simply rehashing what everyone has already stated. Credit and thanks should be given to the people who posted the bands. You know who you are:D

whitedragon
05-27-2002, 08:26 PM
I'm a lonely Teenager in a Mexican State, And all i ever hear is Rap, AWEFUL STUFF it should be CRAP not RAP, I'm looking for a good Canadian band because the ones I heard I love, Sum41, Nickleback. I just want to know if there other ones like Nickleback and Sum41 from Canada, I dont really want "This is how u remind" type songs by Nickleback but anything else will do.

Or if any has heard of a new band thats not the well know I'm interested if songs are on KaZaA Since Music Communitys are the easiet way to make bands well know :D
well ya hoser im not a big fan of canadians dare ay. do i agree wit ya aboot rap dare ay. rap sucks ay. nice weather ay. nice day for hockey ay. what aboot dem *gun fire*

Jman3ooo
05-28-2002, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by Reb_Starblazer
Here goes:
Moxy Fruvous

I take no credit in doing this, I'm simply rehashing what everyone has already stated. Credit and thanks should be given to the people who posted the bands. You know who you are:D

OMG You know MF? i have yet to find anyone else who has ever heard of them exccept for my good friend....

Of course I live in NY not canada

Olin Valden
05-28-2002, 01:39 PM
Thank you everyone.

Vestril
05-28-2002, 04:27 PM
well ya hoser im not a big fan of canadians dare ay. do i agree wit ya aboot rap dare ay. rap sucks ay. nice weather ay. nice day for hockey ay. what aboot dem *gun fire*

Ooooooooh, he meant EH and the dare, supposed to be a Canadian saying there...yes...very funny.:rolleyes:

whitedragon
05-28-2002, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by Vestril

Ooooooooh, he meant EH and the dare, supposed to be a Canadian saying there...yes...very funny.:rolleyes:
tanks alot dare ya hoser dude.

acdcfanbill
05-29-2002, 04:14 PM
holy cow!!! finger eleven is candian? man, i never knew, they are really good though... good, good stuff to listen too...

and speaking of eh?'s and hoser's... who here has seen the movie Strange Brew?

whitedragon
05-29-2002, 10:30 PM
i havent seen strange brew but i have seen canadian bacon
"this man is in jail for being in too many bad moods"

acdcfanbill
05-29-2002, 11:58 PM
man you should check out strange brew, it should be a required watch for everyone with a sense of humor...

Vestril
05-30-2002, 12:29 AM
Mmmmm...Strange Brew...

And Canadian Bacon!!

'...and the beer sucks'

'RARGHHHHHHHHHHH'

DreamKilla84
05-30-2002, 12:50 AM
Man Canadian Bacon is great movie. Best Canadian bands are Rush, Barenaked Ladies, Our Lady Peace, and Tragically Hip. Man I thought I was the only person who was into Rush who is under like 40. By the way for whoever posted this before, yes Rush just had a new album come out. Also Barenaked Ladies have to be one of my favorite bands. They are smart, funny, and make great music. Anyways, just adding in my 2 cents.

Mr.T Kicks Ass
05-30-2002, 07:01 PM
Here it goes:
KISS
Twisted Sister
Nickelback
Linkin Park
Ozzy Osbourne
7dust
Disturbed
Godsmack
Drowning Pool and....
Foo fighters

whitedragon
05-30-2002, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by DreamKilla84
Man Canadian Bacon is great movie. Best Canadian bands are Rush, Barenaked Ladies, Our Lady Peace, and Tragically Hip. Man I thought I was the only person who was into Rush who is under like 40. By the way for whoever posted this before, yes Rush just had a new album come out. Also Barenaked Ladies have to be one of my favorite bands. They are smart, funny, and make great music. Anyways, just adding in my 2 cents.
i like rush too. there pretty good