PDA

View Full Version : Question?

Jedi72
04-22-2000, 05:18 PM
I sent my TPM (pc version)game back for a replacement disc after many attempts to fiqure outwhat was wrong with it.LucasArts technical support figured it was a bad disc.
Anyway I copied the entire disc to my hard drive before I sent for a replacement disc.
Can I install and play the game this way(from the hard drive).I tried to but I got many error messages. What has to be done to get it to install and play.

Thanks

Master Qui-Gon
04-22-2000, 05:42 PM
This is difficult to do and it varies from game to game. You probably need an emulator.

[This message has been edited by Master Qui-Gon (edited April 22, 2000).]

Stormtrooper
04-24-2000, 03:19 PM
Sorry, but this cannot be done. I have tried it with lots of my games and it doesn't work. something to do with needing to read it with the CD laser.

P.S does anyone remember me coz i have not been here for 3 months now also when did the format change

Jedi72
04-24-2000, 03:50 PM
There is a program I found called Virtual Drive. You can create virtual drives and play games or audio CDs on your hard drive without having to change cd-roms evertime you want to play a different game or audio CD. It accesses the virtual drives you create. I didn't have my TPM disc to do this.

P.S. Thanks Master Qui-Gon for your suggestion!