PDA

View Full Version : Klorel's Mace Windu in progress

Pages : 1 [2] 3

The Librarian
07-01-2002, 06:16 PM
Klorel, is someone doing your uvws?? I'm sorry to go off the topic (your model is looking great btw) but I need help doing it for my Anakin model. I was wondering if that same person might give me a bit of aid? This uv unwrapping business is giving me the errr ... willies.. And I don't have heaps of time to do it.

Klorel
07-02-2002, 04:05 AM
Yeah, 2 people actually :p I'll see what i can do.

In the mean time, has anyone found the "i dont think so" mace .wav for me to use in the animsounds.cfg

JangoFett41
07-02-2002, 04:09 AM
(in response to your sig) not many.

I think you need an "I don't Think So!" wav for your ZOOLANDER model. that you should be working on anyways.

j/j:D

genthar
07-02-2002, 07:46 AM
I'll capture the "I don't think so" for you. Because you're so incredibly, amazingly good-looking.

PM me your E-mail and I'll drop it in MP3 format. Just give me a few minutes to find the scene and set up the recording app.

JangoFett41
07-02-2002, 08:02 AM
no, no, no.
it's really, really, really,...really, ridiculously good looking.:jawa

genthar
07-02-2002, 09:18 AM
I stand corrected Jango. Forgive my misquotation.

I don't know if it'll be your kung-fu, or your Zoolander obsession that'll choke me with laughter however :p

I have your MP3 Klorel, I'll mail it when I know where to....

JangoFett41
07-02-2002, 06:32 PM
and just what do you mean by that?

genthar
07-02-2002, 07:51 PM
I have a buddy that's obsessed with kung-fu too- I come here to get away from him LOL.
Another of my friends believes she's a female representation of Zoolander, (she's good with Blue Steel but doesn't believe she's mastered the others).
To find these qualities in one person is most bizarre. No offence intended.

Altimira
07-02-2002, 09:30 PM
i dont know about you guys, but i have mastered Magnum! still working on la-tigra, but pretty much have blue steel down:eek:

back to telling klorel hes doing an amazing job.

genthar
07-02-2002, 10:04 PM
Yes you're right, but I don't think Klorel will mind since he practically is Zoolander- I heard that's his real face on his avatar, it's NOT Ben Stiller....:D

Mace' head rocks Klorel, hey will anyone skin a Shaft from it????

DukeSkywalker
07-02-2002, 10:19 PM
What's about the Mace Windu Model?

Any progress???

I thought it was ready for release...

-StYLeZ-
07-02-2002, 11:05 PM
very nice,
cant wait till its finished keep up the good work =)

:amidala: :atat: :band: :bdroid1: :jawa :fett: :ewok:

JangoFett41
07-03-2002, 12:04 AM
Klorel sent you another Pm, I have.

告th Lord
07-03-2002, 03:00 AM
Originally posted by genthar
hey will anyone skin a Shaft from it????

Ohhhhhhhhh your sick man, really sick ;)

I bet you ten to one that there will be numerous skins of samual L Jacksons version of that bad mutha *hey shut yo mouth* but im talkin bout ....SHAFT

slimking
07-05-2002, 04:12 PM
hey anymore updates yet?

it's still looking good!

genthar
07-06-2002, 04:35 AM
Hey Klorel! Any chance of modelling Shades on Mace for a Shaft skin?

"Who delivers 10 times outta 10?"

slimking
07-06-2002, 05:29 AM
more pics!!!!!!

Klorel
07-06-2002, 05:56 AM
Sorry for the lack of updates. But I dont want to post any more head pics cause i really havent changed it since the last one. I think the next pic you see will have the basic clothing on it (probably without shadows and such) the mace skin is still waiting on the new uvws to come in the email. I'll send a message to the uvw mapper tonight to see whats going on with that. and sorry, no shades, modelling is done at this point. But i still think that some pretty cool SLJ skins can be made out of this model (I do believe one of the guys who is uvw mapping modified the model, and added facial hair to make a jules out of- not positive though). Anyways, i havent' abandoned the project just waiting on the re-uvwed meshes. thanks for all your support.

ps. does anyone know how to clean up a wav sound a bit? like take out background noise and such. genthar has provided me with a very good quality sound clip that just has some background fuzz, if so, feel free to PM me. thanks all.

-Klorel

AKPiggott
07-07-2002, 02:23 AM
If you got GoldWave mate, there's a noise reduction thingummy on there... thing is it can make the actual sound a bit alien-ish... it's worth giving a try though...

morphius_doh
07-08-2002, 08:43 PM
Can we get back on track and talk about the model.

Oh and........BUMP!

slimking
07-08-2002, 09:01 PM
fair enough

bump!

Kevin Katarn
07-10-2002, 11:09 AM
bumpity bump bump!

Klorel
07-10-2002, 12:18 PM
Ok, heres the deal:
GOOD NEWS, and BAD NEWS (not bad, just not good)

BAD NEWS:
I am going out of town for 1 week (family reunion) starting this wednesday and wont get to work on the mace. :swear:

GOOD NEWS:
I recieved the new UVW's this morning. :rolleyes:

and heres a little extra bonus to keep you all satisfied till i return... o.O (http://www.geocities.com/crazyhamster03/macewindupreview18.txt)
keep in mind that its extremely early, and I still have a lot to do to the parts I already have and the parts I still have to get, but first i'm going to lay down the basic clothing, and after i'll spruce it up and add the shadows, highlights, and other fun things :D

all for now, be back in a week. hope you like what i've done so far.

-Klorel

t3rr0r
07-10-2002, 12:20 PM
oooh... the skin is coming along nicely.
/me goes into dest's mod and "/sit"s until klorel returns :D

Sinister1
07-10-2002, 12:55 PM
fantastic work Klorel.

Damn, this community has heaps of talent

ReIIiK
07-10-2002, 01:24 PM
Dam! that looks sweet, awsome work so far!

slimking
07-10-2002, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by Klorel
Ok, heres the deal:
GOOD NEWS, and BAD NEWS (not bad, just not good)

BAD NEWS:
I am going out of town for 1 week (family reunion) starting this wednesday and wont get to work on the mace. :swear:

GOOD NEWS:
I recieved the new UVW's this morning. :rolleyes:

and heres a little extra bonus to keep you all satisfied till i return... o.O (http://www.geocities.com/crazyhamster03/macewindupreview18.txt)
keep in mind that its extremely early, and I still have a lot to do to the parts I already have and the parts I still have to get, but first i'm going to lay down the basic clothing, and after i'll spruce it up and add the shadows, highlights, and other fun things :D

all for now, be back in a week. hope you like what i've done so far.

-Klorel

I love it - let keep this post high BUMP BUMP

Darth_Salinous
07-10-2002, 09:18 PM
make his face darker to match th back of his head...also are you using the normal sounds for the model or r u doin custom?

Darth_Salinous
07-10-2002, 09:20 PM
and keep up the good work:D :D :D :D :D

morphius_doh
07-10-2002, 10:56 PM
Great job thus far and keep it coming!

T-Dogg
07-10-2002, 11:05 PM
Str8 heat, str8 heat... Lookin' good.

keo718
07-11-2002, 04:19 AM
Lookin good.

Kit Fisto
07-11-2002, 01:46 PM
Mace is coming along great, keep it up.

Toonces
07-11-2002, 02:27 PM
I'm loving him Klorel :D The likeness on the face is uncanny. Being a huge Samuel L fan this is probly the model that I'm looking forward to the most (sorry Kinja, I still love Yoda)

Keep up the great work, he looks fantastic!

CT :lightning
www.drivingcatstudios.com

-[MotU]-Lyger|=-
07-11-2002, 02:37 PM
tight model man, looks phat. looking forward into seeing it in action

Altimira
07-12-2002, 08:59 AM
ahhhh, page 2. this isnt suppost to happen. :mace:

MaulerZ
07-13-2002, 03:25 AM
Looks good! Keep it up!:monkey4: :monkey4: :monkey4: :monkey4: :monkey4: DANCE!

Psyk0Sith
07-13-2002, 01:12 PM
Excellent work klorel!

告th Lord
07-14-2002, 02:25 PM
BUMP..........BUMP,BUMP,BUMP
BUMP..........BUMP,BUMP,BUMP, BUMP............

K.O
07-14-2002, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by t3rr0r
oooh... the skin is coming along nicely.
/me goes into dest's mod and "/sit"s until klorel returns :D
Damn you t3, I told you I want that IP to Dest's mod. :P If anyone has it say it here or PM please. ^_^

Great job Klorel, once this is done I bet we don't see one single player not using this Mace model. ;)

ki_andy_mundi
07-14-2002, 11:00 PM
Mace Windu is lookin great, can't wait to kick some ass with him, too bad he has to die in Episode 3, Booooo!, It Sucks!:mad:

告th Lord
07-14-2002, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by K.O

Damn you t3, I told you I want that IP to Dest's mod. :P If anyone has it say it here or PM please.

1.03 server for dests mod, automatic download on

slimking
07-15-2002, 06:33 AM
I just bumped me ead!

Volkie
07-17-2002, 08:37 AM
Any updates on this model or has it been put on the backburner?

MeLoN
07-17-2002, 10:07 AM
This model looks amazing. I can't believe it. Now, if I could get my Mace Windu saber hilt to work in game, these two would make a perfect couple.

If you want to see the hilt or offer advice:
http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=69757

slimking
07-17-2002, 09:26 PM
cool saber mate, yeah hook them both up, this will go hand in hand - can't wait!

Klorel
07-18-2002, 09:28 AM
:mace:

Altimira
07-18-2002, 09:32 AM
Your Tease!:barf2:

-Angry Monkey:monkey3:!

cROsIs**
07-18-2002, 10:45 PM
Hes back! Rejoice. The flyest dude in the Universe will so be under our control..... MU MU MU MU HAHAHAHAHAH!!!

:lsduel:

Uber Sith
07-19-2002, 01:01 AM
Mace Windu = Wickedly Bad jedi Master hahah excellent

AKPiggott
07-19-2002, 01:24 AM
Hey MeLoN, didn't you used to be on TPMTC for MotS team?

告th Lord
07-19-2002, 02:06 AM
I believe so Ant, I mean its not actually a common name. Oh btw ant this is Sith Lord from SWTTC and TPMTC

MeLoN
07-19-2002, 04:57 AM
Well well well. It's Patrick and Anthony. Hello guys.. I haven't seen you guys forever.

If only I could get the lightsaber to work properly. For some reason the blade comes out the side no matter how I place the flash tag. I don't get it.

To quote the most annoying figure around:

"Any help here would be hot"

AKPiggott
07-19-2002, 05:08 AM
Oh wow... I didn't realise it was you Sith (there seem to be about a million users with similar nicknames.. and hey MeL', good to see some familiar old school JKers here.... you guys got plans for JO (well apart from MeLoN's saber model)?

[Don't worry folks, we'll be back on topic shortly...]

cROsIs**
07-19-2002, 09:51 AM
MACE MACE MACE MACE MACE MACE MACE MACE MACEMACE MACE MACE MACE MACE MACE MACE MACE MACE MACE MACE MACE MACE MACE MACE MACE MACEMACEMACE MACE MACE MACE MACE MACE MACE MACE MACEMACE MACE MACE MACE MACE MACE MACE MACE MACEMACE MACE MACE MACE MACE MACE MACE MACE MACEMACE MACE MACE MACE MACE MACE MACE MACE MACEMACE MACE MACE MACE MACE MACE MACE MACE MACEMACE MACE MACE MACE MACE MACE MACE MACE MACEMACE MACE MACE MACE MACE MACE MACE MACE MACE MACE MACE MACE MACE MACEMACE MACE MMACE MACE MACE MACE MACE MACE MACE MACE MACEACE MACMACE MACE MACE MACE MACE MACE MACE MACE MACEEMACE MACE MACE MACE MACE MACE MACE MACE MACEMACE MACE MACE MACE MACE MACE MACE MACE MACEMACE MACE MACE MACE MACE MACE MACE MACE MACE.

Ouch, my hands.

Anyways.... are there any updates?

MeLoN
07-19-2002, 10:46 AM
Ha! Plans? Plans? You do not know the meaning of the word. I PLAN to revolutionize the Jedi Outcast custom lightsaber creation industry... This being only the first step in my plot to rule the world!! Or maybe I just wanna mess with it and create a few custom saber hilts. Maybe we could get together with some of the old guys (try to make Slade come out of hybernation) and get Darth J (who is already on his way to becoming as great at mapping for JO as he was for JK) all together and have us a nice mod. Any ideas on what we could make? And considering that AK could make an entire mod by himself in about two months, and I believe Sith Lord was quite good at texturing; we could have a really nice mod. I have also become very talented at modeling.

Only one thing standing in the way, though: I got my saber hilt in game, and the blade isn't sticking out of the side anymore, but it has no color. It is black and white. Any idea why?

I would love to have my Mace Windu saber hilt to use while playing with this player model. Maybe we could even talking about releasing a small mod? Klorel? Any interest?

告th Lord
07-19-2002, 04:12 PM
No plans at the moment. Now that Jk has been updated to this wonderful game , my photo realistic skins would really come in handy. but the Quake 3 engine is foriegn to me. I have NO idea how to skinmap. would be nice. I know Ant has that SP level coming up. hense his interest in this awesome model. I got work and school to deal with at the moment, and use the little time (and money) with my girlfriend, and posting comments on this forum. A mod would be cool, a TC would be a total waste of time and skill because they never get finished. I would love to play you guys sometime on the JO servers. give me an email some time

patricksmith63@hotmail.com

-Sith Lord

AKPiggott
07-19-2002, 07:52 PM
I'm afraid I'm gonna have to politely turn that offer down Sithy, I suck quite badly at MP games...

I'm not gonna join any more TCs with this game... we all know how TPMTC and SWTTC ended up.. I think people are much better off working on their own projects, occasionally relying on outside people for a few resources, as I am, relying on Klorel to finish this model.

MeLoN
07-19-2002, 09:57 PM
I know of no level that I am creating....

And Sith Lord.. If some one could send a UV Map to you, then I think you could put a skin on it. I can make UV Maps. :)

And AK, Darth J and I were discussing a really cool project last night. We are kinda planning on redoing the original Jedi Knight with some major changes in characters and locations. Same basic story, but different levels and people.

And my lightsaber is completely finished... How is the player model?

AKPiggott
07-20-2002, 01:46 AM
Sounds interesting MeL, but I've always found it cooler when people create their own completely original stories and such. If you guys need any ideas on this matter, look no further.

MeLoN
07-20-2002, 02:28 AM
How about some one who we all know is the ultimate Star Wars map maker. ;)

告th Lord
07-20-2002, 02:31 AM
Originally posted by MeLoN
And Sith Lord.. If some one could send a UV Map to you, then I think you could put a skin on it. I can make UV Maps. :)

I probably could, its just the matter of time and my lack of it. If someone sent me a model I could probably skin it but it would take forever.

Now back to Klorel and this wonderful model which we all love.

MeLoN
07-20-2002, 03:06 AM
yeah...... the model rocks

winner_rex
07-20-2002, 04:37 AM
god i remember those TCs...
Just out of curiosity, how did they end up?

AKPiggott
07-20-2002, 04:43 AM
They were all cancelled.

There's some guy at Massassi called TheSpanishKid who is trying to get all the bits together from the teams, he hopes to complete them. Dunno why he bothers. Nearly all JK TCs were cancelled, except for RoX which is nearing completion and is currently being released in segments.

Darth-Nasty
07-20-2002, 04:50 AM
AKPiggot are you still working on a mace windu single player level?

if so is there any news or updates or anything?

MeLoN
07-20-2002, 05:06 AM
We are really getting off topic here. Are there any updates on this awesome model?

Also, I am currently uploading my Mace Windu hilt to jediknightii.net

AKPiggott
07-20-2002, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by Darth-Nasty
AKPiggot are you still working on a mace windu single player level?

if so is there any news or updates or anything?

Yeah.. I'm still making it, progressing well. But I'm only doing archiecture at this stage.

Here's hoping Klo' has some more screens for us this weekend.

K.O
07-20-2002, 06:12 PM
*sigh* Great, now I have to ask...
Do you have a link to Rox? And was Rebel Strike cancelled too?

AKPiggott
07-20-2002, 07:32 PM
Go to http://www.massassi.net for RoX, the files were posted recently, so they may still be on the front page.

As for Rebel Strike, I haven't a clue.

Eklin
07-22-2002, 04:14 PM
It's been quite a while since the last update. Has any progress been made since then at all?

Klorel
07-22-2002, 07:26 PM
Sorry about the lack of updates and all, been really busy with work lately and havent had time to play with photoshop. I've got basic textures on the whole body, and i'm doing the belt right now. Trying to make this skin as movie accurate as possible, so once I finish the belt i'll post another pic. All in all its looking pretty good, but I still have a lot of "cosmetic" work to do on it, like shadows, wrinkles, highlights, and other fabric-esque effects to make the materials look more realistic. all for now, hopefully i'll have some screens up this weekend, thanks for all the support.

-Klorel

Altimira
07-22-2002, 07:30 PM
cool. At least you arent rushing :mace:

MeLoN
07-22-2002, 09:49 PM
Klorel, I am part of the staff of the Attack of the Clones Total Conversion www.aotctc.org.uk and I think your model would be a valuable asset to the TC. If you are interested come post on our forums. We would love to have your model.

K.O
07-24-2002, 03:48 AM
Just keep up the goo work Klorel, just as we know you're alive we shouldn't have to bug you for sceenshots. ;)
Can't wait to see 'em though! :D

tichio
07-24-2002, 04:41 AM
Hi, I'm more of a saber editoir myself but if you head over to
http://www.jk2models.cjb.net/
they have some tutorials, dont know if there are any decent person ones, but it might be worth checking out the saber ones, to see if you can use the same principals

Good moddeling and good luck!

Mandalorian iTi
07-24-2002, 03:26 PM
Klorel you have a good model, a great model, but the best thing is that you keep in touch and have plenty of updates and show us ur still alive, there are a lot of modelers out there who postthings and a month later, when least expected, give u and update.:mad:

Adonai Saboath
07-24-2002, 04:40 PM
i don't think it matters that he updates at all.

one thing that bugs me is how people sit here and act like these artists OWE these people a model.

they don't owe you models, or updates...

i feel the only reason they should even bother posting images is so we can rip em apart and tell em where they fugged up (its the process of perfecting their model, and their skills). The end result hopefully being a model worthy of finding a home in my base folder.

inbredyokel
07-24-2002, 05:17 PM
I think updates are just kind of a courtesy thing to other modelers. We don't need pictures, we just need some kind of signal that you are still working on your model. Otherwise(as may be the case with the obi-wan and qui-gon models), someone may want to make a certain model but see that someone has already started and decide not to, when in fact the other model has been abandoned. If you can't finish a model,skin, etc, it just does us other modelers/skinners a favor if you either pass your work along to someone else or at least tell us you can't continue. That way we can work on the projects we want while avoiding redundancy.

Adonai Saboath
07-24-2002, 07:09 PM
just because another modeller or skinner has taken on the same project, does not mean for one or the other to stop, the one who quit might have made a better model than the one who went on working....you'd never know...

just model whatever the hell you want, regardless if anyone else has done/is doing/will do....

i'm making an Aurra Sing, even though i KNOW space monkey already released his. With the hopes of release before summer's end.

...hmmmm avoiding redundancy?!....bah, just download the ones you like. You don't HAVE to download EVERY model out there. I like variety. Means I don't have to just "settle" for the one whoever model there is...

::edit::

it would be best if they showed images with the updates, as i said, makes it simple for us to tell em where they fugged up....

Ar嫕
07-25-2002, 03:35 PM
Looks good keep up the good work!
:lsduel:

inbredyokel
07-25-2002, 04:22 PM
I don't mean avoiding redundancy in that way. If there's a model out there and you're not happy with it and want to make a better one, more power to you. But what if, for example, Misterpunch had never told anyone he was making a plo koon, and I decided I would take it upon myself to make him because I thought no one else would. So I work hard for close to 3 months because I'm not familiar with making JO models, and finally after all my sweat and toil I'm ready to release...but then Misterpunch shows everyone the Plo Koon model that he'd been secretly working on, and he's ready to release it. It's the best model ever to hit the game, and no one, not even me, would bother to use my model because his is soooo much better. You have to admit that would be incredibly frustrating. Had I known he was making one, I might have put all that work into a different model I wanted to see in the game, like Prince Xizor (hint, hint). Know what I mean? I'm not saying it's bad to have 2 people working on the same model, but if you're only making it because you want to see that character in game, why put in all that work if you won't even use yours?
Anyway, this is drifting off the thread topic so I'll leave it at that.

Klorel
07-27-2002, 02:14 PM
Thanks once again for all the support.

first off, ignore the belt-- its a WIP in itself
:p but the boots are pretty much done. This is still the basic texture, over it i'll but shadows and highlights to make it look like drooping and wrinkles. thats all for now. I'm pretty much swamped at the moment with work and such, so updates will be a little more sparce, but I will be working on him from time to time.

hope you all like it so far. your weekend update: http://www.geocities.com/crazyhamster03/macewindupreview19.txt

KBell
07-27-2002, 02:20 PM
Fantastic work Klorel! your model looks great and i love it when a modeler actually cares about the fans curiosity by adding Weekly updates(which few do) so great work and cant wait to try out the model!!

morphius_doh
07-27-2002, 02:23 PM
Kick ass! I was just looking at a ref pic and you've got the colours spot on!

El_graco
07-27-2002, 02:26 PM
looks great cant wait til next update

Darth-Nasty
07-27-2002, 03:47 PM
WOW

Brilliant Model!

Who are you planning to model next Klorel?

slimking
07-27-2002, 07:09 PM
its sooooooooooooooooo good how long til we can play with him!!

inbredyokel
07-27-2002, 07:21 PM
Wow. I knew this model would be awsome the second you opened this thread:D

ReIIiK
07-27-2002, 07:27 PM
"well hot dam" that looks good,

jaybiggspr
07-27-2002, 08:09 PM
VERY excillent work.

MeLoN
07-27-2002, 10:39 PM
Klorel you still did not answer me as to whether we can use your model. I would really appreciate it.

DaJo Kesea
07-27-2002, 11:12 PM
Klorel,

Incredible! Face, boots, cloth...all perfect, and the belt is well underway. I was going to comment on the sleeves (they would hang down more when he stands still), but I think the way they are shaped will actually work best for motion sequences, since as sophisticated as the JKII engine and modern technology is, 3D engines still have a tough time animating fabric movement. Excellent work!

Check that blue spot under his tabbard. If that's not something you're finished with, don't mind me, but I just didn't want you to have missed a spot in texturing, release the model, and say "Oops!" Hehe. :)

I can't be more in awe, Klorel. I just hope my Geonosian Arena turns out to be worthy of the footprints of your awesome creation.

even311piell
07-28-2002, 01:28 AM
Is there going to be a robed one?

Luuke
07-28-2002, 07:01 AM
looks really great!! hope you'll have not much problems getting him in-game

AKPiggott
07-28-2002, 07:45 AM
Incredible piece of work.

I really can't wait for this model to be released.

rut-wa jodar
07-28-2002, 08:33 AM
Finally someone has created an accurate model of Mace

This model just goes to prove the amount of talented people out there is Incredible !!! :thumbs1:

12thMonkey
07-28-2002, 08:42 AM
even311piell i agree with u. I would also like to see a robed version, so are there any plans yet or is someone else gonna try it.

I would but i don't have a clue how to even begin.

lonepadawan
07-28-2002, 09:50 AM
AK werent you using Mace in your SP level?

keo718
07-28-2002, 10:52 AM
The model is looking very nice Klorel.

Ironhorse75
07-28-2002, 12:23 PM
Why do so many people ask for robed versions, IMO it really just takes away from the model. I enjoy looking at the character and being able to see his figure, and not just some lethargic robe over the persons back. From what I've seen all the animations on robes so far aren't impressive, they don't move fluently enough and look stiff.

AKPiggott
07-28-2002, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by lonepadawan
AK werent you using Mace in your SP level?

Yep, that's right.

cROsIs**
07-28-2002, 08:12 PM
Lookin nice korel...

Muahahah... My collection is almost complete. Muaahaha.

K.O
07-28-2002, 10:38 PM
Lol, It's not even done yet and I'm already crying over it. :D
Great job, and thanks for the update!

Klorel
07-29-2002, 07:38 PM
Thanks for all the support. the blue part is temporary, and i thought the pm to you worked MeLoN, but I guess not.

So just to know: anyone who wants to use my model in thier mod, or SP level, etc. can. just give me credit for it and let me know so i can see what its being used for (just out of curiosity :D )

as for my next project, i'm going to model a few heads on the body for a mod i'm working with, and maybe tweek the body for a female jedi, (no robed version, the current animation constraints dont support robes well enought to take the time to model and skin for the quality of the final product). That will probably be it for a while since i'm going back to school next month and my days will get a lot busier (as if they aren't busy enough already :rolleyes: ). But maybe a project here and there will pop up for me in the future. thats all for now.

-Klorel

morphius_doh
07-29-2002, 07:53 PM
doing some female Jedi would be cool. I've brought this up in the Model Request forum, that I'd like to see a Bultar Swan model.

http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/bultarswan/index_eu.html

Kururin
07-29-2002, 08:18 PM
We need soneone from the Jedi high council Eeth Koth or Evan Piel

Darth-Nasty
07-29-2002, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by Klorel
i'm going to model a few heads on the body for a mod i'm working with, and maybe tweek the body for a female jedi

Ive said it once and ill say it again. Original jedi characters are great (not quite as good as ones from the film but still) They are great for making up the numbers in huge ep2 style brawls without everyone looking the same!

MeLoN
07-29-2002, 10:30 PM
Million thanks Klorel.

www.aotctc.org.uk is the site of the tc. Come drop us a message some time on our forums if you like.

morphius_doh
07-31-2002, 12:20 PM
Bump!

mariners2001
07-31-2002, 02:47 PM
Klorel,

Do you think you're ready to release it yet or do you have more stuff to touch up on? I think it looks perfect now......

K.O
07-31-2002, 04:24 PM
There's still things that need to be done and/or fixed. =P
Like belt. :D The skinning is now in competition with that Tuskan Radier Model. ;D

slimking
08-04-2002, 07:10 PM
when can we play with it!! its sooooooooooooo good

keo718
08-04-2002, 10:54 PM
Any updates with Mace?

Dragonlancer
08-08-2002, 06:35 PM
Hey wassup. just gonna say that the model looks awsome! I am 100% aware that this is a dumb question, but just for the heck of it. 1. Can you give us a ballpark on win you plan to release this. 2. Is the skinning done? 3. Do you still have to unwrap it 3. and have you still got to put it ingame? ok I'm done. once again, awsome job on the model.

keo718
08-09-2002, 01:55 PM
I hope this is not becoming one of those "Obi Wan/Qui Gon threads".

funny_dude0
08-09-2002, 02:31 PM
Say whatever happened to those Qui-Gon/Obi-Wan threads. Those were some **** your pants ass good models.

t3rr0r
08-09-2002, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by funny_dude0
Say whatever happened to those Qui-Gon/Obi-Wan threads. Those were some **** your pants ass good models.
... the obi-wan thread is just a few threads down. :rolleyes:

keo718
08-10-2002, 12:03 PM

The same thing that seems to be happening to this thread.

MeLoN
08-10-2002, 12:32 PM
Yes, it would be quite nice to have this model. Or at least an update.

slimking
08-13-2002, 06:58 AM
So had there been any more updates pleeeeeeeeeeeeease!

Master Bodle
08-13-2002, 07:29 AM
This model looks well like :mace: Can't wait to play as him. Ive been playin with a skin of him but this looks far better, kepp up the good work.

-Chrono_MOT-
08-13-2002, 08:11 AM
Will you all get a life? When Klorel is ready to release this model to the public he will be released!

I get so sick of people bumping old threads hoping to "remind" modelers of works in progress.

I doubt Klorel would forget he was working on Mace Windu. People have real-life problems these days and if he's not done with Mace already it's because of those problems that he hasn't had a chance to work on him. Just be patient...geez. It's not like someone is going to take over the world-come to your house and kill you-just for fun. Geez.

Mix_Master2k
08-13-2002, 09:39 AM
well said chrono well said i totaly agree

K.O
08-13-2002, 10:01 AM
I agree with you too, but it IS possible for someone to come kill you just for fun. You just never know with all these recent kidnappings. :|

keo718
08-13-2002, 03:02 PM
Will you all get a life? When Klorel is ready to release this model to the public he will be released!

You seem a little agitated. Its not that serious.

Elessar-E酺falas
08-13-2002, 04:03 PM
all hes sayn is itll be released when its released. i think the longer it takes the better the model ends up. right chrono?

-Chrono_MOT-
08-13-2002, 06:00 PM
rgr rgr :P

s_mcclaydia
08-15-2002, 02:17 AM
BUMP.. Did i miss something?

Andy867
08-15-2002, 02:26 AM
Morphius_doh, with the new model Tercero is working, all you would have to do is model the head alittle differently, change a few adjustments in the chest area, and voila, Bultar Swan..., and maybe some minor modeling tweaks here and there of course

omeo
08-15-2002, 04:51 AM
Beautiful work. i know iam entereing the fray late, but the distance between the nose and mouth is sliightly too large.

Dragonlancer
08-15-2002, 12:13 PM
Lol, looks like the natives are getting restless.....:D

"thA dekMan"
08-15-2002, 11:32 PM
i think ppl are just worried that the models done because there hasn't been an update in like 2 weeks or so i think lol. And i mean he could at least come in and say hes still workin on it :p cuz we know what happened with those obi wan threads and that was a real disapointment. And i mean if he has had a problem big enuf to stop him from posting a small message, i'm sure he hasn't done any work on it. So either its done or?

keo718
08-15-2002, 11:39 PM
And i mean he could at least come in and say hes still workin on it cuz we know what happened with those obi wan threads and that was a real disapointment. And i mean if he has had a problem big enuf to stop him from posting a small message, i'm sure he hasn't done any work on it.

I agree. And the thing is, in the last pic (like 2 1/2 weeks ago) it looked very close to completion.

"thA dekMan"
08-16-2002, 01:18 AM
ya it did look almost done, not don't get me wrong i have total respect for him, and ceompletely agree with the "let him take ALL the time he needs to finish it and when hes done hes done" but i mean it takes 5 seconds to stop in and say yes i'm still alive and yes i'm still working on it :p We don't need any more details like that or any screenshots or nothing.

slimking
08-16-2002, 01:02 PM
is it finshed? or has this project been stopped?

mariners2001
08-20-2002, 04:21 PM
bump......................................progress ?

slimking
08-20-2002, 09:58 PM
bump

keo718
08-20-2002, 09:59 PM
Please let this thread die.

slimking
08-20-2002, 10:00 PM
but it's not finshed yet

K.O
08-20-2002, 10:10 PM
Well at least let it fall a few pages before you bump it again. :P It was only half way and you guys keep bumping it. People will get tired of it soon if they aren't already now. ;-/

keo718
08-20-2002, 10:17 PM
but it's not finshed yet

Last update 07-27-2002.

Kevin Katarn
08-21-2002, 05:39 PM
:( im sad the mace skin im usin now sux!

Lord Tnuc
08-21-2002, 07:12 PM
Hmm...all this talk of bumping and asking about progress gets me thinking...if I were the modeler...and I posted that i had a WIP on the net for the public to help me out with..would I keep info AWAY from them? As in "updates" or the actual model itself? Hmm...something tells me that if I were the modeler, I'd release the damn thing as soon as it was done...but..that's just myoppinion..don't base everything on just my oppinion! Don't mind me! weeeheeehoo

Midgit Yoda
08-21-2002, 07:38 PM
I am anticipating this model and all but, his face could use a little bit of work. For one think his cheeks are too.... Bubly and his cheek bones are a little too high on him. Also, kinda, make his head, not so round. His head is more of an oblong shape. Make it a little smaller on the X Axis. Other than that he is awesome (I love his clothes).

Sounds Risky
08-21-2002, 08:53 PM
Wasn't he going on vacation for awhile?

keo718
08-21-2002, 10:02 PM
I am anticipating this model and all but, his face could use a little bit of work. For one think his cheeks are too.... Bubly and his cheek bones are a little too high on him. Also, kinda, make his head, not so round. His head is more of an oblong shape. Make it a little smaller on the X Axis. Other than that he is awesome (I love his clothes).

Your giving feedback in vain. Who knows the last time he visited this thread.

Wasn't he going on vacation for awhile?

He indicated that he returned. This was three weeks ago.

But anyway enough of my comments. I will not waste breath on a dying thread. I hope someone else takes on the task of Windu. Tercero mentioned that he might after Anakin.

Klorel
08-21-2002, 10:27 PM
Sorry for the lack of updates, but i've been really busy lately (moving into college and ending work) and havent been able to make much progress lately. but i assure you i'm still alive and when I can I will finish the model.

-Klorel

mariners2001
08-21-2002, 10:33 PM
great news, klorel!

by the way, I'd be more than happy to lend a hand in your project if you'd like. just e-mail (robinhawk@yahoo.com) me if you're interested.

K.O
08-22-2002, 03:43 AM
He's alive. :D PRAISE THE LORD!
Least we don't have to worry now. :D

Ray Stantz
08-22-2002, 05:48 AM
Great News? It's a heck of a lot better than that, its so good there isnt even a name for it. Wish I were alive though, dont play too much JO. Guess I'm just waiting for Mace and Anakin before I continue.

slimking
08-22-2002, 05:28 PM
great news i hope you settle into college and then get mace going!!:p

12thMonkey
08-22-2002, 07:26 PM
I thought you were in a car crash or sumit. :D

Nice to see you're alive and this model still rox.

MaceWindu779
08-24-2002, 01:23 PM
I know your busy and this has already been asked a few time but can you release a version soon?:saberb: :saberb: :saberb: :saberb: :saberb:

Falco-Fett
08-24-2002, 02:10 PM
Thats one of the vest looking models i've ever seen. lol good luck!!

Lord Tnuc
08-24-2002, 09:11 PM
How many times does this have to be said for people to understand? I know some people don't really know how things work..but that's no excuse..
Let's use logic here..
If someone's working on a house to give away to the public, and they're about halfway done..are you going to try to rush them in their good deed? No...you're going to want the best house that can be built. You're not going to ask them "hey, quit working soon and open the door so I can come in and check out the unfinished house!"
Don't you think that's a bit uh...not...logical? O.o

Anyway..take your time, man..time will only make it better.
If you want any taunt ideas...perhaps this line on Geonosis? "This party's over." I can't remember any of his other lines at the moment, lol. I'm not sure if this has been asked/answered previously...but will there be robed/unrobed versions? Perhaps one with a hood? That would be kinda cool, IMO.
Anyway...my senseless banter is done o.o

Jrob
08-24-2002, 09:17 PM
I have been reading this thread for since May. And i dont understand why people get upset at people for asking the authors when their art will be finished. You individuals who rush judgement on those who are just asking for information are just as childish as those you inquire. So as a silent witness, everyone get along with each other, stop gong to authors defense and let everyone ask what every they want to. Anyway is it not what is forum is about.

:rolleyes:

Lord Tnuc
08-24-2002, 09:21 PM
One, nobody is getting upset, so far. You have no reason to gripe about that...for two, I was giving advice...it's part of life, y'know? As long as it's constructive, of course. What I said, was indeed constructive. Perhaps the person would be waiting for the author to release it in like two days or something...what I said might have changed that, and made him not expect it so soon...thus, not making him/her agitated. And if you don't understand why people get upset, why don't you look at other threads...where the author hadn't updated in about two or three weeks and about ten pages of "is it out yet?", "could you release it plz????", etc, have been made...it gets irritating. And I repeat, all of this is constructive, so no need to take it offensively.

Zathu Koon
08-25-2002, 10:08 AM
Wonderful work so far :)

Any plans for a robed model?

Professor Snape
08-25-2002, 02:10 PM
great model. Ne new pics yet?

MaceWindu779
08-26-2002, 11:08 PM
Klorel do you plan to finish this model cause you havent posted in a while........ can you at least tell us that you are still working on it plz???????:swear:

Lord Tnuc
08-26-2002, 11:25 PM
If Klorel is still working or not still working on this model, you have no reason to be "furious" according to the nice icon you put. Not accusing you of anything...just saying...don't worry. It's not like he owed this model to anyone. If he quit the model, that's his own business...those who have brains will figure it out eventually if he doesn't come back...sure, it's not nice to leave us in the blue, but it's not mean either. Anyway...not trying to be rude or anything.
Seeya.

nomad
08-26-2002, 11:36 PM
Klorel posted this 8/21

Sorry for the lack of updates, but i've been really busy lately (moving into college and ending work) and havent been able to make much progress lately. but i assure you i'm still alive and when I can I will finish the model.

K.O
08-27-2002, 04:37 AM
Hey MaceWindu, just letting you know.. This is Forum Safety Tip number 1:

Don't nag authors about their work everyday and/or after 20 other people have already done so.

Just trying to keep the flames down. ;-/

MaceWindu779
08-27-2002, 01:17 PM
I did not mean to make it sound like i was mad.... lol wrong symbol....... i guess im just a little eager for the model... sorry didnt mean to offend anyone

keo718
08-27-2002, 03:00 PM
This model was the reason I joined the forums. Hopefully we will soon see the finished product.

ZBomber
08-27-2002, 03:23 PM
This is a great model.

Professor Snape
08-27-2002, 04:24 PM
Ne new pics?

K.O
08-28-2002, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by MaceWindu779
I did not mean to make it sound like i was mad.... lol wrong symbol....... i guess im just a little eager for the model... sorry didnt mean to offend anyone

Lol, no problem. Kinda like the ring in LotR's.. It turns people. o_O

MaceWindu779
09-02-2002, 02:40 PM
I am only trying to find out if he is still working on the model..... thats all cause if he stopped working on it ..... im not trying to nag its just everyone has been waiting to see if the author comes back

SithMaster01
09-02-2002, 05:22 PM
An update would be nice but I understand that modeling takes along time.

slimking
09-06-2002, 09:56 AM
PLEASE DONT GIVE UP ON IT!!!!!!!!

morphius_doh
09-06-2002, 10:33 AM
He must be busy with college coz the last post from him was in May. Anyway, he said that he still will be working on it, in that post.

slimking
09-06-2002, 11:19 AM
i hope so it looked so good

Darth-Nasty
09-06-2002, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by morphius_doh
He must be busy with college coz the last post from him was in May. Anyway, he said that he still will be working on it, in that post.

err no his last post was on the 22nd of august

read the thread properly before you get yourself in a panic!

keo718
09-06-2002, 10:49 PM
We can keep expecting this model to be completed anywhere from now till next year this time, or someone else can take on the project. This is a pity. There were even many people making single player missions for Mace Windu who planned and were given permission to use this model. Hopefully, they haven't stopped their efforts as a result of this. I believe its already Uvmapped from what I understand, and all it needs is a skin. I may be wrong though.

slimking
09-11-2002, 06:28 AM
Yeah mate don't give up we need him!! its such a good model! at least pass it on if you don't have the time - but please don't let it rot!

_NinjaGaiden_
09-11-2002, 11:55 AM
Klorel man.... it looks so awesome if you are going to abandon it plz pass it on i could finish it for you if nessary but plz just pass it on

告th Lord
09-11-2002, 12:12 PM
If all it needs is a skin I'll finish it for him. if weighting and all that nonsense still needs to be done im sure Toonces will lend a helping hand as well

-Chrono_MOT-
09-11-2002, 12:43 PM
o_0

For god's sake people! Never did Klorel say he was giving up, so stop speculating!!!

As for the model, last time I checked he was pretty much done with the skin. It most likely needs red/blue skins, as well as weighting the mesh and perfecting the skin. Any of these can be done by any competent modeler (toonces, please ^_^) but as it stands Klorel is rather busy with college classes.

Please, just leave him the hell alone. A man with a busy life won't feel any more compelled to drop his studies just because he sees you posting here begging him to finish.

告th Lord
09-11-2002, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by -Chrono_MOT-

As for the model, last time I checked he was pretty much done with the skin. It most likely needs red/blue skins, as well as weighting the mesh and perfecting the skin. Any of these can be done by any competent modeler (toonces, please ^_^) but as it stands Klorel is rather busy with college classes.

Isn't that what I just said. If he is busy then me and Toonces could probably finish him. Toonces was planning on making a Sammy L. Jackson model anyway. Im not whining or complaining but if he doesn't have the time to complete it. Hell give it to us. It would still be his model, I would just be content on having my name in the readme. and Anthony Piggott could have him for the SP project he is working on, which Klorel gave him permission to use, and the community would be happy.

-Chrono_MOT-
09-11-2002, 01:24 PM
Not you, everyone else :)

Klorel
09-11-2002, 10:03 PM
http://www.geocities.com/crazyhamster03/macewindupreview20.txt

Its nearly complete, and all that remains is the team colors... my time is still few and far between, but I work on it when I can.

-Klorel

Deetox187
09-11-2002, 10:13 PM
Great news! thanks for the update Klorel.

keo718
09-11-2002, 10:20 PM
A pleasant surprise. Is there a chance someone could help you with the team skins since you seem strapped for time?

remark 666
09-11-2002, 11:04 PM
I can easily do them, want my contact info or something...

mariners2001
09-11-2002, 11:07 PM
klorel, if time is real thin for you, i'd also be more than happy to help you finish this...just drop me an e-mail here (robinhawk@yahoo.com)

_NinjaGaiden_
09-11-2002, 11:18 PM
thanks for the update first i hear you leave then i hear you stay then leave then stay leave stay leave stay thanks for clearing that up :)

Toonces
09-12-2002, 12:18 AM
Good to hear from you Klorel, if you need any help getting him in game, or with the animations, give me a shout, I'd be more than happy to take that load off of you, I know how time consuming it can be :)

Toonces
www.drivingcatstudios.com