PDA

View Full Version : Klorel's Mace Windu in progress

Pages : 1 2 [3]

Master Yogurt
09-17-2002, 07:39 PM
Jedi Anikain why do u care..

Enjoi9187
09-17-2002, 08:22 PM
anakin, i doubt he will ACTUALLY buy BOTH versions, he was just saying that to prove a point that he isnt just a pirate who rips stuff and doesnt buy from the company.

Eldritch
09-17-2002, 10:07 PM
Enjoi-

I know that was what he meant.

Yogurt-

It's not a question of caring or not, I was just wondering why anyone would spend extra money to get a VHS version if they've already bought, or are planning on buying the DVD. The DVD versions of most movies come out first anyway. It just didn't make sense is all (to me at least), so I was asking.

But why do YOU care if I ask about it, huh? ;)

Deetox187
09-17-2002, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by JEDI_Anakin_S
Deetox, why would you buy the VHS *and* DVD versions of EP 2? Why not just get one or the other? Or if you have to buy 2 versions of the same thing, get Widescreen and Fullscreen DVD ;) . I had the VHS version of EP 1 until I got a DVD player, and now when I watch them I can see the difference, because the quality of the VHS got worse and worse with each viewing.

Because i do not have a DVD player right now and i do have a VHS machine, so i will watch the tape for awhile and save the DVD for when i can afford to buy a good player. Make sense?

EDIT: thanks keo i must have misread that, i thought he was saying i lied about buying the VHS and DVD's to cover up that i was a pirate or something, my mistake. Sorry Enjoi.

keo718
09-17-2002, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by Enjoi9187
he was just saying that to prove a point that he isnt just a pirate who rips stuff and doesnt buy from the company.

Eldritch
09-18-2002, 06:31 AM
Ah yes, that does make sense Deetox. Now that I think about it, I really did the same thing because the VHS version of Ep 1 came out long before the DVD, so I'm guilty of buying both myself.

-Anakin

Enjoi9187
09-18-2002, 06:36 AM
ANYWAYS, how is the mace model going?

Deetox187
09-18-2002, 07:29 AM
Ah yes, that does make sense Deetox. Now that I think about it, I really did the same thing because the VHS version of Ep 1 came out long before the DVD, so I'm guilty of buying both myself.

-Anakin

Stupid me bought 2 VHS copies of Ep1 and i only ever used one of them, the 2nd copy is still in the plastic wrap lol. Why i did that i don't know.. i must've thought i'd wear out the first tape fast, thing is i only watched it about 10 times before i was sick of it. Ep1 really is the worst of the series, i will never get sick of watching the other 4. :)

_NinjaGaiden_
09-18-2002, 06:12 PM
Are all we waiting for are the sounds and facial animations?

Eldritch
09-18-2002, 09:02 PM
I have no idea. There's been very little posted in the way of progress or status of this model... I hope that changes soon.

-Anakin

keo718
09-19-2002, 10:33 PM
Did you try the new ctf colors Klorel? Also, do you need more help with the sounds?

Deetox187
09-19-2002, 10:39 PM
I figured out the problems i was having with cooledit, for some reason the quality was not set to maximum. I'm redoing the Anakin sounds tonight and while i'm at it i'll redo the Windu sounds i did before, the quality will be extremely good this time.

Toonces
09-19-2002, 10:50 PM
Cool Deetox :D Cool edit is a pretty "cool" program, can't wait to hear the sounds, I have no doubt that you'll do a great job :)

I can't wait for Mace, It's too bad Klorel has somebody else rigging this model, I'd almost Kill to do it :D

_NinjaGaiden_
09-20-2002, 02:23 AM
how much longer is this model gonna be????...... i cant wait!!!!!!

Deetox187
09-20-2002, 06:39 AM
Ok heres the new soundpack, i think you'll agree it sounds 1000x better.

copy/paste

http://www.geocities.com/deetox1900/WinduSounds_v2.zip

_NinjaGaiden_
09-20-2002, 12:18 PM
nice sounds Deetox keep up the good work i would love to see these in the model

Grafox
09-20-2002, 01:06 PM
yeah, 1000 times better Deetox, good job!

Toonces
09-20-2002, 01:19 PM
Yes, I concur, much better Deetox :D

I wonder if Klorel is going to use an enviromental shader on Mace's head to make it nice and shiny? ;)

§ith Lord
09-20-2002, 03:12 PM
Yeah that would look cool toonces. deetox the soundpack sounds great. excellent job.

12thMonkey
09-20-2002, 03:24 PM
Alot more crisp and clearer Deetox much better.

That would be a nice idea Toonces. It would make him look alot bolder.

Zathu Koon
09-20-2002, 04:45 PM
Lookin good!

I could get you some even better quality sounds then that, I would just need to know where some of the phrases are in the movie. (Don't have it that memorized yet, heh)

Eldritch
09-20-2002, 07:59 PM
Sounds good Deetox... though the "falling" sound is a bit over the top and out of character, I think... maybe try and find something else, if you can.

-Anakin

Enjoi9187
09-20-2002, 08:25 PM
lol i think its fine, i mean, i think mace would scream like MAD if he fell into a pit

Deetox187
09-20-2002, 09:05 PM
Heh damn i thought you guys would like the falling sound, it was the best one i could find that sounded like Mace screaming. There was one other that was ok, think it was Kyles falling sound from Jedi Knight, but honestly i don't think its much better. Oh well i'm glad you guys like the sounds overall, hopefully some will be used for the model. :)

oh and Yoda The Dj i doubt you'd get much better quality, don't forget the audio will always sound better when your watching the movie because it uses very high bitrates and better codecs. Hell my copy has unbelievably good AC3 audio but when converted to mp3 it doesn't sound the same, nothing can be done about that.

keo718
09-20-2002, 11:02 PM
I think that falling sound is very good. I wish you could find more sounds like that or edit(cut) that sound and use bits for the pain sounds.

Enjoi9187
09-20-2002, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by Deetox187
Heh damn i thought you guys would like the falling sound, it was the best one i could find that sounded like Mace screaming. There was one other that was ok, think it was Kyles falling sound from Jedi Knight, but honestly i don't think its much better. Oh well i'm glad you guys like the sounds overall, hopefully some will be used for the model. :)

oh and Yoda The Dj i doubt you'd get much better quality, don't forget the audio will always sound better when your watching the movie because it uses very high bitrates and better codecs. Hell my copy has unbelievably good AC3 audio but when converted to mp3 it doesn't sound the same, nothing can be done about that.

whoa now, just cause anakin doesnt like it, doesnt mean EVERYONE doesnt like it

Deetox187
09-20-2002, 11:22 PM
well i could try, don't know if i can make 4 pain sounds out of it though.

heh you're right Enjoi, 2 peeps like it so far so that outnumbers Anakin for now. ;)

EDIT: ok keo i tried what you suggested and unfortunetly it sounds horrible when i cut it up. :(

Kit Fisto
09-21-2002, 02:49 AM
can we have 'its the one that says 'Bad Mother ****er' as a taunt? It would be great to use as you pull out your lightsaber :)

Deetox187
09-21-2002, 03:13 AM
I don't think that would be a good idea, little kids play this game too.

Sounds Risky
09-21-2002, 03:25 AM
Here's one you can use. Sorry if it's already in the sound pack provided.

Clickie (http://www.pe.net/~shoemake/matt/images/correct.mp3).

§ith Lord
09-21-2002, 03:29 AM
Hey Matt that reminds me, whats the update on the Ithorian?? That model was awesome

Eldritch
09-21-2002, 08:48 AM
Hey now, I never said I didn't LIKE the falling sound, all I said was it didn't sound like Mace. For such a calm and collected character, I didn't think he would have the loudest, sissiest scream in the game.
I don't have the movie Unbreakable, but for anyone that does, theres a scene where Sam L. falls down some stairs... maybe he's got a scream of pain or something that could be used as a possible replacement? I don't know, it's been forever since I've seen that movie (and it wasn't all that great anyway).

-Anakin

Deetox187
09-21-2002, 10:08 AM
I just happen to have Unbreakable, heres the sound you speak of.

http://www.geocities.com/deetox1900/Unbreakable.mp3

its bad quality but even if it wasn't i don't think it would make a good falling sound, unless you like hearing him hit steps as he screams.

Eldritch
09-21-2002, 11:36 AM
I see what you mean. Too bad theres no way to edit out the steps he's hitting as he goes down. Ah well, I'll keep looking.

-Anakin

slimking
09-21-2002, 04:27 PM
anymore pics ?

Prime
09-21-2002, 06:14 PM
And any update on a release date? Can't wait to get a hold of this. Looks fantastic!

Woodrodius
09-21-2002, 08:44 PM
From line, "were keepers of the peace, not soldiers", and take out everything but peace, and use that. So when he's falling, he'll be like a badass and just say "Peace", like peace out, cuz he's so gnarly and cool that he doesn't even care he's falling.

keo718
09-21-2002, 11:25 PM
You still with us Klorel?

Dragonlancer
09-22-2002, 12:49 AM
I would say use the sound when jango fett knocked him over the rail with his flame thrower (or rather he jumped) but unfortunately he didn't even grunt as I recall. Yeah, I dunno. It's a good falling sound (what you got already) but it is a bit over the top. that's the only thing I didn't like about that cheshire darth maul model (which rocks btw) it's just that his falling sound was over the top for a sith lord who barely made a sound. I'll just avoid falling :p

overall though, I could easily live with it. It's pretty dang good.

On a separate note, BOOYA!!!!!!! NO MORE PIT DROID OR BANTHA FODDER! BOOM BUM BIM BAM BABY! UHUH!!!!! UHUH UHUH UHUH! I'm a sith probe droid! (oh yeah, like that's a whole lot better:p ) j/k

Grafox
09-22-2002, 03:28 AM
Originally posted by Woodrodius
From line, "were keepers of the peace, not soldiers", and take out everything but peace, and use that. So when he's falling, he'll be like a badass and just say "Peace", like peace out, cuz he's so gnarly and cool that he doesn't even care he's falling.

I actually think that is a really good idea!

-Chrono_MOT-
09-22-2002, 04:00 AM
NO NO NO NO! Come on! Don't ruin another damn model by altering the lines to make him out of character! It's annoying enough to see 100 Ki-Adi Mundis running around saying "Your mother" when that doesn't even compute with what the hell he originally said. You might as well have Han Solo running around with a Harrison Ford line from K19 "We Will Not Fail!". Don't cheapen the model by screwing around with his lines. Release a different pack for it later if you will, but at least have the decency to leave his taunts the way the are.

Deetox187
09-22-2002, 04:25 AM
Chrono i agree, that is exactly why i took out a couple sounds i had in the first pack that were from another movie.. they just didn't *feel* like Windu at all to me.

Heres that peace sound anyways, i don't like it as a falling noise myself but Klorel might feel differently.. it all comes down to what he likes since its his model.

http://www.geocities.com/deetox1900/peace.mp3

Eldritch
09-22-2002, 04:34 AM
Hey thanks Deetox (wink wink nudge nudge). Nice work on editing the "peace," but there's just not enough emphasize on the word for it to work the way it was suggested (as in Peace out). But it's all for the best, 'cause that would've sucked anyway.

-Anakin

Zathu Koon
09-22-2002, 07:17 AM
Actually Deetox, I have ripped very good quality sounds from SW2 for skins before. Just check out the taunts on this:

http://www.orderofthejedi.com/modules/OrakleMList/QQJJz_095.zip

Dragonlancer
09-22-2002, 04:18 PM
I'm with chrono. The ki-adi mundi model rocks, but having him running around going "your mother" "your mother" "your mother" AUGHHHHHH!!!!!! more like your mother*****:D j/k. point being, DON'T ALTER IT!!! PLEASE!

Deetox187
09-23-2002, 12:15 AM
Originally posted by Yoda The Dj
Actually Deetox, I have ripped very good quality sounds from SW2 for skins before. Just check out the taunts on this:

http://www.orderofthejedi.com/modules/OrakleMList/QQJJz_095.zip

Yeah those are some nice rips, they do sound a bit clearer than mine. I assume you took them from the svcd? My Xvid has AC3 audio which was a bitch to convert, only found one program that could do it.. works ok but loses some clarity in the conversion.

EDIT: actually i just ripped one of your taunts so i could compare them. Yours has a lot more background noise but the voice seems a little less bassy than in mine, weird.

http://www.geocities.com/deetox1900/test.mp3

Woodrodius
09-23-2002, 03:17 AM
lol, actually I was sort of just joking about the whole "peace" thing, pretty surprised you guy's actually tried it.

K.O
09-23-2002, 05:42 AM
Originally posted by -Chrono_MOT-
It's annoying enough to see 100 Ki-Adi Mundis running around saying "Your mother" when that doesn't even compute with what the hell he originally said. .

Ok.. What would you suggest? :P

-Chrono_MOT-
09-23-2002, 08:12 AM
How about "Impossible?!" since that's the only one of his lines that makes sense?

Windu's lucky, he has more than two lines every movie...which is why it's easier to make sounds for him. But "Your mother?" come on. While it does sound incredibly funny the first couple of times...after a while it gets very annoying and out of character.

Trust me, I'd feel the same way if the Yoda team decided to use voices from Sesame Street.

Zathu Koon
09-23-2002, 06:55 PM
Hmm, for some reason I can't get that test.mp3 file. Drag 'n drop/copy 'n paste brings me to microsoft.com error crap, go figure…

Khier
09-23-2002, 07:19 PM
Is there a release date for this model yet?:)

Eldritch
09-23-2002, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by BIG b
Is there a release date for this model yet?:)

Why don't you actually read through some of the thread to see before you ask a question that's been answered?

-Anakin

Deetox187
09-23-2002, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by Yoda The Dj
Hmm, for some reason I can't get that test.mp3 file. Drag 'n drop/copy 'n paste brings me to microsoft.com error crap, go figure…

try it again, i just did and it worked.

Professor Snape
09-24-2002, 04:52 PM
hmmm is klorel gone again??? Mayb he does this to make us mad but he is actually finishing the model lol. Watch next time he posts something, i am positive it will be done even though i don't no what percent it is at. I just say the pics either 1 or 2 pages back and i bet it is done next time he posts. if i'm wrong, u all can shoot me lol.

Toonces
09-24-2002, 04:55 PM
Actually, he gave the model to somebody else to rig for him, so we're all waiting for that guy to finish.

I'd kill for the max file, I'd have him rigged and ready to go tonight :D

keo718
09-24-2002, 04:58 PM
Im hoping he gave the model to the people getting it ingame. It would certainly be a swifter process if he let Toonces rig it.

edit: See. ^^^^^(referring to Toonces post, which I did not see before posting mine)

keo718
09-24-2002, 05:05 PM
Actually, he gave the model to somebody else to rig for him

Did he mention this to you?

Toonces
09-24-2002, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by Klorel
just need to make the icons for the menu, then i'll send it all off with the "This party's over" taunt to the guy who's compiling it all for me... then i'm guessing he'll have his guys beta test him, and when all is done, i'll release it.
http://www.geocities.com/crazyhamster03/macepreview21CTF.txt

Not to me specifically, but that's what he meant by the Compiling part

I'd do it in a heart beat if he asked me to :)

Eklin
09-24-2002, 05:21 PM
Awesome. This has been my most awaited model ever since I saw the first skinned shot of him. Klorel, you've done a spectacular job.

Professor Snape
09-24-2002, 06:13 PM
god thanks toonces. When i see a link from authors of threads i just click on it and don't pay attention to what he wrote. So i guess it should be out soon

Enjoi9187
09-25-2002, 05:00 PM
bump

-s/<itzo-
09-26-2002, 09:30 PM
wats da whole *bump* thing going on. wats dat suppose to mean. i'm not familiar with dat terminology. sorry kinda new with this. anywayz, where da hell is Klorel. we haven't heard from him for a long time. i don't wanna sound annoying but is he going to release this model or what. it would really be a waste if he don't. this the only model does mace windu justice. hey klorel if you are there hope you send some updates or better yet a release date.

Eldritch
09-27-2002, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by LBuRNa
wats da whole *bump* thing going on. wats dat suppose to mean. i'm not familiar with dat terminology. sorry kinda new with this. anywayz, where da hell is Klorel. we haven't heard from him for a long time. i don't wanna sound annoying but is he going to release this model or what. it would really be a waste if he don't. this the only model does mace windu justice. hey klorel if you are there hope you send some updates or better yet a release date.

Had you actually *READ* the thread, all your questions would've been answered, instead of taking up space with a useless post.

-Anakin

Eldritch
09-27-2002, 10:55 PM
I don't understand a single thing you were trying to say in that post. Wait, let me re-write that so you can understand it:

Eye dunt be underztandng what you be tryin to szay, broham. whi dunt u just drzop the phake black thang and spak intelygenly, liken the rest of us mofos?

Enjoi9187
09-27-2002, 11:33 PM
"why do u always have to write something smart"

.......... yeah anakin, why cant u be a dumbass like laburna

keo718
09-27-2002, 11:55 PM
Bump, means that one is -bumping- the topic back to the first page. When nobody posts in a thread after a while, it sometimes can drop several pages and eventually get lost in the shuffle.

Eye dunt be underztandng what you be tryin to szay, broham. whi dunt u just drzop the phake black thang and spak intelygenly, liken the rest of us mofos?
Im not taking sides but those kind of comments are unnecessary. I know what your trying to say, but lets not get into stereotyping. I don't recall him mentioning that he was black, nor is it a "black thang" to speak unintelligently. Just trying to make a point.

Dragonlancer
09-28-2002, 06:18 PM
I heartily agree keo. That kind of comment is totally un-called for. Btw, I had it pretty much figured out but I wasn't sure what it meant when people said "bump"

Eldritch
09-28-2002, 08:30 PM
Let me take this time to apologize to anyone that I might have offended. It was not my intention, I just don't have a whole lot of patience for the ignorant. I'll do my best not to engage in that kind of pointless banter from here on out.

-Anakin

MeLoN
09-28-2002, 10:36 PM
When an ignorant person makes an assanine statement, they open the playing field of mockery and name calling. Therefore, he got what he deserved.

Don't be an idiot. Learn to speak English, and for god's sake, learn to spell.

-s/<itzo-
09-29-2002, 01:22 AM
Enjoi9187 there no reason for you calling me a dumbass. you're out of line buddy. right now you are speaking out of your ass cuz SHlT just comes out of your mouth. what you just said sounds so corny. you are such a cornball. Melon don't jump to conclusions. you don't know the whole story. i think jedi_anakin_s really have something agaisnt me. i don't deserve this kinda treatment. sure i had a couple of typos and slang in my posts but theres no reason for jedi_anakin_s talk to me the way he does.

" Eye dunt be underztandng what you be tryin to szay, broham. whi dunt u just drzop the phake black thang and spak intelygenly, liken the rest of us mofos? "

whats that all about

whats the deal with you and ebonics. do you have something against black people, seriously??? you're way too sarcastic on that comment. this is not the first time this happen. check the WIP: Old Ben Kenobi thread. he flip out on me for mispelling a word. whats up with that. so Melon please don't jump the gun if you don't have a clue whats going on. just because i talk different it doesn't make me less of a person than you. sorry if i'm not talking proper english but there is no excuse for name calling and stereotyping.

Enjoi9187
09-29-2002, 02:11 AM
what you just said sounds so corny. you are such a cornball.

oh but that was sooo UNCORNY......... give mea break, what are you, ten?

Great......... i think this is TruWeedSmoka reincarnated....

Enjoi9187
09-29-2002, 02:16 AM
did u ever stop to think that maybe everyone is mad at you is because u just come onto this board, start talking slang, and say ignorant stuff about people who have other stuff to do before they cator to your every need? How about you actually READ the posts before u start talking jibberish.

-s/<itzo-
09-29-2002, 02:50 AM
whats the reason for you calling me a dumbass. just because you've been in this foums longer than i have doesn't give you the right to call me names. that don't sound right. and also when someone mocks me and makes fun of me i'm not suppose to say anything about it. common man lets be honest here. if someone started talking shlt to you from somebody you don't know i'm pretty sure you'll be doing the same thing what i'm doing. i'm just retaliating here. i didn't start this whole thing. you need to talk to jedi_anakin_s. and also what do you mean " people have other stuff to do before they cator to your every need " i just asked a simple question. what does *bump* mean. and when i said " where the hell is klorel " i didn't mean it to sound so serious more like a sarcasm man because he's been gone for quite a while. i knew why he was gone but i just said that as a joke. just because i'm new it doesn't mean you can treat me like shlt. i'm just tryin to fit in, sorry if i tried too soon.

Darth Vader III
09-29-2002, 02:52 AM
May I see large pics of Mace Windu's face (model).

_NinjaGaiden_
09-29-2002, 04:02 AM
All of you need to stop your crap..... this is a forum for the game not a forum to be an ASS to eachother jeez you guys take it somewhere else:swear:

Darth Vader III
09-29-2002, 05:49 AM
Hey NinjaGaiden :snip2: don't be so sore! I haven't seen pictures of Windu at all. All I wanted was that someone would say where the pictures are.

Enjoi9187
09-29-2002, 09:16 AM
maybe cause this board has been around for soooo long, then u just come in here demanding answers. Also, the reason i called u a dumbass is because u called anakin a smartass, what is the opposite of smart?

AKPiggott
09-29-2002, 04:44 PM
Hey Klorel, next time you post screenshots, can you put them in a new thread please? Getting kinda annoying sifting through all these whiney replies to get the shot links.

MUHAHAHAHAHA
09-29-2002, 05:01 PM
AKPiggott, that's rediculous. You want people to create new threads to show screenshots? If you're really that lazy, use the find function of IE or Netscape and put in Klorel... Geesh.

keo718
09-29-2002, 05:27 PM
Alright, please let us stay focused on the model. Klorel, somekind of update would be greatly appreciated.

Eldritch
09-29-2002, 10:42 PM
I believe Klorel said a while back that he had started college. If we haven't heard from him in a while, it's most likely that he's just busy with college (which is more important, after all). I'm sure he'll get back to us when there is something to report back on.

-Anakin

AKPiggott
09-30-2002, 04:30 AM
Originally posted by MUHAHAHAHAHA
AKPiggott, that's rediculous. You want people to create new threads to show screenshots? If you're really that lazy, use the find function of IE or Netscape and put in Klorel... Geesh.

I'm not lazy, I'm just sick of seeing all this goddamn whining and arguing everytime I want to check for updates.

Naphtali
10-01-2002, 06:10 AM
AK Piggott arent you the creator of the BOAM series, and TALEs of a mercenary series???

The Truthful Liar
10-01-2002, 06:15 AM
Yes he is, however perhaps Co-creator of Toam... I think...

Iether way - yes.

:D :D :D

AKPiggott
10-01-2002, 06:50 AM
Co-creator? Nah I created all of it. One thing I did have was a co-writer. I wrote the level cutscenes out on paper then e-mailed to him to spruce up. He also gave me a few story ideas, most of which were too good to leave out. So his contibution was great, but I basically came up with the concept.

See my new level here:

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=79953

The Truthful Liar
10-01-2002, 07:17 AM
Aha, my mistake but I figured I was close enough with the "Co-something" part ;)

(P.S. Ever thought of doing remakes of all your work for Jk2 again?)

:D :D :D

AKPiggott
10-01-2002, 02:02 PM
Nah.. I'd rather do new stuff, tell new stories with new characters than cling onto stuff I've already trodden into the ground.

-s/<itzo-
10-02-2002, 03:06 PM
he's one bad motha......shut yo' mouth. yo check out this site. its a samuel l. jackson soundboard. parental advisory is advice. has a whole lotta cusin'. i know it wouldn't go with the game but its kool and its really funny. just immagine it though if it was in the game how hillarious it would be.

SAM JACKSON'S SOUNDBOARD (http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/samuelljackson.html)

El Sitherino
10-02-2002, 05:33 PM
Let me take this time to apologize to anyone that I might have offended. It was not my intention, I just don't have a whole lot of patience for the ignorant. I'll do my best not to engage in that kind of pointless banter from here on out.

-Anakin
you dont need to apologize its dumb for people to TYPE ebonics because ebonics is a short form style of speaking he should know proper english and not TYPE ebonics which is of course english just words are shortend so people dont have to talk so much like when people say cuz they dont want to say because but typing cuz is ok to me but TYPING he be all out and crap like that is just stupid say he is harassing me or whatever the hell you were trying to say with that crap. sorry but i think its okay to speak ebonics but not type it cuz thats just stupid. TYPE REGULAR ENGLISH *******!!

keo718
10-02-2002, 05:47 PM
You missed the whole point. Please #1 leave it alone #2 don't tell people about proper english until YOU learn how to construct sentences.

-s/<itzo-
10-02-2002, 06:09 PM
ummmmmm.......i think you are a little bit too late with that comment. feeling stupid i bet. anyway, we already moved on. but whats with name calling here. what was that last word you were tryin to say??? can't seem to make it out. but i think you were cursing at me. no no no not allowed in here. you better wash your mouth.

and keo is right, for being such a jerk saying i can't talk proper english you can't even put words together to make a decent sentence. proofread your post because if that was an eassy you better leave the class room right now cuz you failed. next time you better think before you say something. word for word. don't think too fast though it might hurt you.

Enjoi9187
10-02-2002, 06:20 PM
LBurna, that was completly uncalled for, you can make your point without making fun of the mentally ill, please edit your post because i find that very offensive having someone that i know personally being classified "Mentally Retarded". And these boards dont put up with that kind of talk, so i would edit it before an admin sees it.

El Sitherino
10-02-2002, 06:20 PM
sorry but i have dislexcia so uhm yeah its kinda hard for me to remember to go and put in periods and all sorts of puncuations and put sentences together correctly ok so leave me alone about that and lburna uhm its spelled retard. i just felt like letting anakin know he didnt need to apologize i was trying to put this in along time ago but the page kept going out on me (dont know if that makes sense to anyone) so technichally its not my fault its late

-s/<itzo-
10-02-2002, 06:30 PM
yeah sorry bout that. got a little carried away. i just don't like it when people jump to conclusions. start talkin when they don't even know whats going on. also about that mentally disable comment, i didn't meant it like that though. i'm just sayin it was stupid for him to say that. so i did edit my post. sorry if i offended anyone.

insanesith, i know what you were tryin to say but the name calling wasn't really necessary. so please watch what you say. try to get your point across without cursing.

IPHDTD
10-02-2002, 07:24 PM
back on topic, just out of curiosity, i was wondering what is left to do on this model, sounds im guessing but anything besides that.

-s/<itzo-
10-02-2002, 08:29 PM
i don't think so. i think the model is done just a few touch ups i guess. i'm thinking the sounds needs work. but i don't understand how come we havent yet heard any updates lately. i hope he didn't abandon this project. don't want to see this model go to waist.

MysticSpade
10-02-2002, 09:13 PM
that Samuel L. Jackson sound stuff is hilarious i put that on my favorites list from now on when ppl ask me a question i just click on one of the sound clips

Enjoi9187
10-02-2002, 09:16 PM
hes busy with college, he doesnt post a lot like toonces, just wait, hes wroking on it

keo718
10-02-2002, 09:26 PM
If he finishes it great if not, oh well. Others have mentioned that they will be working on Windu.

-s/<itzo-
10-03-2002, 12:08 AM
Originally posted by MysticSpade
that Samuel L. Jackson sound stuff is hilarious i put that on my favorites list from now on when ppl ask me a question i just click on one of the sound clips

i told you its hilarious. imagine if mace windu says in the beginning of a fight " your a$$ ain't talking way out of this $hlt. " i know it doesn't fit mace windu but it would sound so cool though.

MysticSpade
10-03-2002, 12:36 AM
that would be wicked cool

i like the one where he's

does...he...look...like...a...b*itch

Khier
10-05-2002, 05:05 PM
hanging on the edge of the first page so.... bump

Professor Snape
10-06-2002, 10:52 AM
bump where is klorel?

Enjoi9187
10-06-2002, 01:13 PM
college..........

keo718
10-06-2002, 08:10 PM
He must be at an Ivy league college as little time as he has.

Scotchy
10-07-2002, 05:07 PM
No, no keo... modeling school... learning new looks to dazzle and amaze with!

keo718
10-07-2002, 05:20 PM
No, no keo... modeling school... learning new looks to dazzle and amaze with!

I don't recall him mentioning that he was at modeling school. Where did you see this?

Scotchy
10-07-2002, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by keo718

I don't recall him mentioning that he was at modeling school. Where did you see this?

It's the whole Zoolander avatar thing... people have made jokes on the subject all throughout the thread. I was attempting to get a chuckle... but failed miserably.

keo718
10-07-2002, 05:33 PM
Oooh. I thought you meant 3-D modeling school. I never saw Zoolander, thats why.

AKPiggott
10-08-2002, 05:01 AM
Magnum!

Deetox187
10-08-2002, 11:38 PM
Dunno if its too late or not but i ripped some *real* Sam Jackson pain sounds from Die Hard 3 and Changing Lanes today. I think they work better than the annoying voice lines, what do guys think?

http://www.geocities.com/deetox1900/WinduPain.zip

frendon
10-08-2002, 11:44 PM
they sound good to me :cool:

Toonces
10-09-2002, 12:21 AM
Originally posted by AKPiggott
Magnum!

Blue Steel was always my favorate "look" ;)

Double_S84
10-09-2002, 02:36 AM
If he gave up he should be ashamed of himself. It is one of the first things i saw commin into this forum.

i was lookin forward to it.

Deetox187
10-09-2002, 02:50 AM
I don't think Klorel would give up seeing as it was almost complete, he's probably just real busy with school and stuff. I just wish he gave the model to Toonces to put in game, whoever got the job must've forgot about it or something. :(

-s/<itzo-
10-13-2002, 05:53 PM
someone should try to contact klorel maybe e-mail him and like what deetox said tell him to give it to toonces instead. for real this model is taking too long to get in the game. going crazy here and i think everybody can relate.

-Chrono_MOT-
10-14-2002, 08:17 AM
nope. don't really care. Someone could EASILY start on their own Mace Windu model. I for one, understand Klorel's position.

If no one has tried to get a hold of him, then I sympathize with no one.

keo718
10-14-2002, 05:02 PM
Many people have tried to get in contact with Klorel time after time to no avail. If he cared about the model, it would have been finished. Toonces is making Mace Windu thank God.

Professor Snape
10-14-2002, 05:11 PM
are u serious?! the all mighty toonces is modeling Mace Windu!?!?
::ray of light comes down on toonces::
HE IS THE CHOSEN ONE. HE WILL GIVE JOY TO US ALL
HE WILL BRING BALANCE

ne way. thats pretty sweet. But it probably just started. Or did i read it wrong? is toonces making mace?

keo718
10-14-2002, 05:18 PM
is toonces making mace?

Yes Sir. It shouldn't be long from now. First, I think Qui-Gon and Obi Wan will be released but he has started on Mace.

Eldritch
10-14-2002, 05:25 PM
I am happy that Toonces has taken up the task of modeling Mace. I must say i'm disapointed that the model by Klorel has been forgotten... it was quite good, the last time I saw a screenshot. And the skin looked to be dead on. :sigh:

But at least Toonces is doing it! He's really stepped up and helped out many people's projects, in addition to doing his own, so i'm sure he won't let us down. Can't wait to see it.

-Anakin

inbredyokel
10-14-2002, 05:41 PM
I'm pretty sure klorel will see this model through, especially after all he's put into it. He just needs someone to do the weighting, and from what it sounds the person who was doing it is apparently busy isn't doing it at all.

keo718
10-14-2002, 05:46 PM
Well, Toonces offered several times but was ignored.

Eldritch
10-14-2002, 05:48 PM
If Klorel was committed to seeing the model through, when it was taking too long for whoever was *supposed* to be doing the weighting he would've just given it to someone else. From what it looks like, it looks like Klorel has just forgotten about it.

inbredyokel
10-14-2002, 06:10 PM
Well, maybe someone could email him and find out, rather than making assuptions. It would be a hell of a lot more work to model, skin, and assemble the soundpack for an entirely new model. I doubt that Toonces was "ignored," he probably just wasn't noticed. Some people do have other, more important obligations in the outside world

Enjoi9187
10-14-2002, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by inbredyokel
Some people do have other, more important obligations in the outside world

yeah, but it is SOO important he cant update us which takes about 5 min?

Toonces
10-14-2002, 06:15 PM
I don't think he's been back here since I offered to do it. I sent him an e-mail but I didn't hear back from him, sometimes I have problems with my e-mail server, I'll send him another one now.

I'm not sure how fast I can rig him and have him ready to go, but it won't take me more than a couple of days even if I'm busy, rigging models is pretty easy once you learn how to do it

Anyway, off to e-mail :)

Eldritch
10-14-2002, 06:17 PM
More important is the fact that people have tried to email him, to no avail. Because the modelers that do this work for the community do it without the promise of reward, I can't complain. What I can complain about is not answering email, or why if Klorel doesn't have the time he hasn't dropped a short post saying he can no longer continue with it.

-Anakin

:EDIT: Toonces, you beat me to the post. Thanks for illustrating my point. No one has gotten an email back from him.

keo718
10-14-2002, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by inbredyokel
Well, maybe someone could email him and find out, rather than making assuptions. It would be a hell of a lot more work to model, skin, and assemble the soundpack for an entirely new model. I doubt that Toonces was "ignored," he probably just wasn't noticed. Some people do have other, more important obligations in the outside world
Originally posted by keo718
Many people have tried to get in contact with Klorel time after time to no avail.
I mentioned that earlier.

EDIT:

I don't think he's been back here since I offered to do it. I sent him an e-mail but I didn't hear back from him, sometimes I have problems with my e-mail server, I'll send him another one now.
I myself contacted him several times and recieved no response.

fat_101
10-14-2002, 07:07 PM
i dont mean to be the sour one but maybe somethings happened that he cant get to a pc? but maybe hes on holiday, in hospital (i hope not) or something .... :(

FATTEH

slimking
10-15-2002, 07:01 AM
hey klorel whats up man? are you still working on it? if not mate pass it on to someone, it's to good to go to waste!!

seks03
10-16-2002, 02:41 AM
this is a great model, does anyone know if this skin is going to have a robe??? it should!

visit my site for all WIP model screen shoots

http://www.jedimoves.com/

Eldritch
10-16-2002, 07:23 AM
Seks, read the thread. Klorel is most likely not coming back, and hasn't even answered any posts on this thread in a long time. Toonces is taking on a Mace model after his current projects are finished.

-Anakin

slimking
10-16-2002, 09:40 AM
is anyone else making any mace skins or models? i really want one!!

Eldritch
10-16-2002, 11:34 AM
Dude, I *just* said Toonces was taking a shot at a Mace model. :rolleyes:

-Anakin

-s/<itzo-
10-16-2002, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by slimking
is anyone else making any mace skins or models? i really want one!!

common now slimking, read first before you post. jedi_anakin_s clearly said before your post that toonces is.

Lord_Plo_Koon
10-16-2002, 05:56 PM
No one reads the hole thread anymore.:(

*sigh*

Anyway, I hope toonces does a good job on Mace. His Kit Fisto was the best!

slimking
10-17-2002, 08:37 AM

common now slimking, read first before you post. jedi_anakin_s clearly said before your post that toonces is.

eeeeerrrrrrrr i read the thred? my post date right back, and he says he's gonna start one when he finishes the current skin.

i asked is anyone else making one - (at this point of time):rolleyes:

Eldritch
10-17-2002, 08:53 AM
Originally posted by slimking

eeeeerrrrrrrr i read the thred? my post date right back, and he says he's gonna start one when he finishes the current skin.

i asked is anyone else making one - (at this point of time):rolleyes:

Toonces isn't making any skins that i'm aware of... he's working on a couple of *models* though.

And if you had asked the question clearly, you wouldn't have gotten the responses you have. The way you asked it sounded like a general is *ANYONE* working on a Mace Windu model question.

-Anakin

§ith Lord
10-17-2002, 02:33 PM
If you guys want to see Toonces Mace windu progress just check out tex350s Qui-Gon Jinn thread.

Toonces
10-17-2002, 04:20 PM
Thanks you three :) Yeah, I started a Samuel L. Jackson head a bunch of weeks back just for the heck of it, but a couple of people suggested I just make a head for Mace so I figured what the heck :)

I didn't make a new thread because I wanted to keep it a little low profile, and I didn't want to hijack Klorel's Mace. I only started because it seems that Klorel is too busy to finish his model, that and well, Samuel L is perhaps my favorate actor. He won me over with Pulp Fiction and since then I've seen every one of his subsequent movies.

I really respect Klorel and his great work and when/if Klorel releases his model I'll download it, I just wanted to do a charecter that should have been released a long long time ago

slimking
10-17-2002, 07:10 PM
GOT A LINK

seks03
10-18-2002, 03:02 AM
So what about to 20 screen shots that I have on my site

http://www.jedimoves.com/ under the "request" page

of mace windu, are those made by Klorel or Toonces?

slimking
10-18-2002, 06:15 AM
Originally posted by seks03
So what about to 20 screen shots that I have on my site

http://www.jedimoves.com/ under the "request" page

of mace windu, are those made by Klorel or Toonces?

they are 100% Klorel

_NinjaGaiden_
10-20-2002, 01:24 AM
*BUMP*

Eldritch
10-20-2002, 01:53 AM
This thread doesn't need to be bumped. For all intents and purposes, this thread is dead.

-Anakin

_NinjaGaiden_
10-20-2002, 03:52 AM
Anakin..... Don't loose faith College is very demanding on time..... and the last 2 weeks and this week are College Mid Terms and next week too........ Thats Why He Hasn't Posted Anything.........so don't assume anything without knowing the whole story about it....... cause i dont beleive he would finish it and not release it

slimking
10-20-2002, 05:25 AM
if he is still making it what about a quick post to say whats going on?

Professor Snape
10-20-2002, 11:44 AM
um ppl have been posting whats going on like a few pages ago. And even before 2 weeks ago he wasn't he. So like anakin said, this thread is dead. now go to the qui gon thread for a mace windu model being made by toonces

inbredyokel
10-20-2002, 04:10 PM
Unless his hard drive crashed or something and mace was completely lost, I'm sure Klorel will release it. He's got a complete and practically perfect model and skin pack sitting on his computer that it took him MONTHS to make. I can't speak for all of you, but I personally wouldn't put in all that work into something without seeing it through. Some of you act like he's not talking and keeping it from us just to be cruel. Give it some time, something more important probably came up. Could be school, family, fire, meteor, whatever. There are a hundred things that could be keeping him from this model. Have some patience!

Eldritch
10-20-2002, 04:19 PM
If and when Klorel's Mace model gets released, that's fantastic. However, in the meantime, and since we don't know for sure what his status is, a new one is being made. There's nothing wrong with that - who says you can only have one version of a model?

inbredyokel
10-20-2002, 04:23 PM
There isn't anything wrong with it. I'm moreso speaking to the people saying "if he's busy why won't he just take time to post pictures, or respond to email, or send the model to someone, etc," as if his unresponsiveness proves that he hates us all or something.

keo718
10-20-2002, 05:26 PM
You know what, this model started like 4 or 5 months ago. Bump the college excuse. I've been through college and took 26 credits my final semester. I still found time to do things that I wanted to do. That is the moral of this story. If he wanted to finish this model and get it out the door, he would have found time. Whether or not he finishes this model, I personally do not care. It's definitely not the end of the world. And Klorel can defend himself. It makes no sense to create possibilities and excuses for him. This is not the first time he disappeared for like a month. So theres a great possibility that besides the hypothetical crashed computer and such that this model is simply of no priority in his mind. Fair enough. I say though, finish what you have started. This thing could have been finished two months ago. Its been sitting around at the same progress level for about that long. And since he has nothing to post in this thread as far as updates or progress, and its turning essentially into a spam thread, then why should it not be closed?

_NinjaGaiden_
10-20-2002, 10:00 PM
Because you have no idea whats going on Keo.... something could have happened to him or a family member all you guys need to stop with your negative additudes.... for all we know he could be in the hospital and here you guys are saying "This Should have been finished already!" you guys need to back off ... I feel he will release it as soon as he can.......

Eldritch
10-20-2002, 10:06 PM
Nobody is saying "it should have been finished already!" I think the point Keo was trying to make is that it is not likely that Klorel will come back. It's been quite some time with no word from him whatsoever. That's a fact. So I will say again - If Klorel comes back and releases it, that's fantastic. If he doesn't, there's another Mace model being worked on.

-Anakin

keo718
10-20-2002, 10:20 PM
Because you have no idea whats going on Keo.... something could have happened to him or a family member all you guys need to stop with your negative additudes.... for all we know he could be in the hospital and here you guys are saying "This Should have been finished already!" you guys need to back off ... I feel he will release it as soon as he can.......
You can continue to hypothesize if you want. If he wants to finish the model, great. If not, great. I don't wan't to sound like I'm angry because I have no need to be. But all this maybe this happened maybe that happened talk is stupid. Maybe he just has other things on his mind.

sexcellent
10-22-2002, 02:26 AM
having other things on his mind is something we should probably do. i spend way too mcuh time on this forum looking at these models cause i am such a nerd. good for klorel.

Remyz
11-25-2002, 07:45 AM
Say, is this model still being done?

t3rr0r
11-25-2002, 07:55 AM
Originally posted by Remyz
Say, is this model still being done?
doubt it... good thing we have toonces' mace, though.

El Sitherino
11-25-2002, 08:40 AM
Originally posted by t3rr0r

doubt it... good thing we have toonces' mace, though.
true.... true

slimking
11-26-2002, 05:02 AM
anyone got a link for the other mace model?

Eldritch
11-26-2002, 09:51 AM
You don't really need a link... the other Mace model thread is in the Modeling section of the new Showcase Forum.

Altimira
12-06-2002, 09:24 PM
Sorry to break this to you, but its not going to get finished. Im Klorel's brother. He is currently at college and he hasn't heard a single word from the guys that are 'puting the model in-game' for months now, so thats why no progress has been made. unless any of you can weight the bones, tags, or whatever needs to be done to get it in game, it wont be finished. if you can offer any help, just PM me and ill tell him.

BTW, he does have the skin almost finished, all that needs to be done is get it in game.

Eldritch
12-06-2002, 10:29 PM
Altimira... check your PMs. I think I know someone that would LOVE to help. :D

Klorel
12-07-2002, 12:06 AM
Hey, after seeing my brothers GIR in-game, it brought back hope to the Mace situation. Like he said, I haven't been in touch with the people who were going to help me in months, plus i've been real busy, and this is just a side hobby, which i do for fun. Any way, that said, is there anyone out there who can do all the skeleton and compiling stuff to get him in game? it would be very appreciated. Also its important that the face is linked properly too so facial animation will work... I didnt examin a whole lotta pics of S.L.J's teeth cause i thought he had a nice smile you know :p anyways, I'm not on here much, so if you have any questions address them to Altimira, he's kind of like the second in charge of this model, he'll keep me informed if anyone with prior experience can help... thats all.
thanks
Klorel

Eldritch
12-07-2002, 12:22 AM
There are a number of people that can do it... Toonces is the first person that comes to mind, but there are others. Good to hear the model isn't dead (which so many people thought was the case, myself included).

Klorel
12-07-2002, 10:58 AM
Isn't toonces doing his own mace right now? I wouldn't want to bug him with mine if he's doing his own, that might be kind of akward.

On a separate note, since (I believe) the Episode II dvd is out, there should be some quality Mace sound clips, so if anyone wants to send some that would be great. If i'm wrong, it still has been a while and i'm sure someone has a good bootleg copy, so maybe they can get the sounds from that... just need a bunch because with the JediMod you can have multiple taunts, that way theres no more arguing about the best taunt, i'll just have a few. Also feel free to send some clips from other SLJ movies that you think could fit the character. For those of you who don't like the idea of using other SLJ quotes don't worry, I may not, but it would be interesting to see what is out there, and maybe if I get enough good sound clips from Ep II and other movies I can splice a few together to make new sounds, could be cool, i'll of course post the new sounds here if i make them so you all can tell me what you think... anyhoo back to the model

I'm sure someone out there has the knowledge required to bone my Mace :p (had to say it) It needs to have facial animations as well, thats all I have to say right now.
-Klorel

_NinjaGaiden_
12-08-2002, 02:45 AM
see people have faith and it will happen..... KLORELS BACK!

Toonces
12-08-2002, 04:25 AM
heh, now this is a little awkward ;) I actually only started my version of Mace because nobody was able to get in touch with you for a good long while. I'm glad I did it now since I'm very happy with how he came out, but I struggled for a while because I figured we'd hear from you again. Well, welcome back :D

Anyway, It's a little awkward like you said, but I'd do it for you if I had the time. I'm acutally unwraping Jolts Obi-Wan even though I have an Obi-Wan model of my own so I really don't mind doing things like that. I've got way too much on the docket right now (life and models) but if you can't find anybody who can do it for you I'll rig him as soon as I have some spare time

It's good to see you around here again, I very much missed your Zoolander avatar :D

Klorel
12-08-2002, 10:04 AM
Yeah, i saw your mace, you did a good job. Glad to hear your willing to help anyways. I don't want to bog you down with others work when you've so generously contributed to the community, but If i can't find anyone else I think you'll be my only hope. Being on a waiting list as you may have guessed won't bothered me, I actually am touching up the skin a little bit at the moment anyways. I need facial animations to work as well... but i'm guessing you know how to do that.

If anyone else who isn't busy and has the experience would like to do it, just let me know, but its good to know that it will eventually get done now.

-Klorel

Also, everyone should download JediMod 1.2, its the coolest thing i've ever seen. While your at it get Altimiras GIR model(you can find it in the showcase forum i believe)... its awesome (but change the scale to .3, not .4 - its just better proportioned as compared to Zim and the normal adult models)

inbredyokel
12-09-2002, 07:24 PM
Jedimod... you have been gone a little while haven't you? Anyway, I think Duncan (who's doing the sebulba model) might be able to help you with rigging. From what I can tell, he works pretty quickly and does an awsome job.

Klorel
12-09-2002, 11:50 PM
I believe he's the one who got GIR working in game as well correct? I think Altimira has contacted him about it... he does do good work I must say
-Klorel

slimking
12-10-2002, 11:58 AM
oooooo this is gonna be good to mace's! we wait so long and then two come along! lol

ksk h2o
12-10-2002, 01:03 PM
your model is in milkshape?

did you import the tags as when you imported the galak glm? if so you can remove them before you send me the file, I have all the tags weighed to a root skeleton allready.

I have just finished the painful stuff with my model and have the stuff down pretty cold... its boring but hey.

I could try to set up your model with the root skeleton and weigh the mesh to the bones, and get it into a glm format if you want.

But I'm a horrible skinner so i'd suggest you finish your uvw mapping before I get a glm from your model.

as for weighting the facial expressions... well... I cant promise that, my model did not have a face so the facial bones were skipped.

Also I'd suggest you send me three or four files of your model, so I can set up the LOD's correctly. they should be 3k polys, 2k polys, 1k poly and 500 poly meshes. (you can do away with the low 500 poly lod if its too much of a pain).

let me know if you want me do do this, cheers.

:D

Klorel
12-10-2002, 04:22 PM
Ok, well I'm not sure if the tags are still there, Its all in a 3ds max file right now- hasn't been in milkshape for a long time. But if you say you can do it i'll let you have a try at it, but its gotta have to have the facial animations so i guess you'll have to learn that. As for LODs, that may take a while but I'll def. do that, just reduce the polys then right?
As for finishing my UVW, the unwrapping is already done, all i have to do is touch the skin up. just let me know the details:
mirenner@vt.edu here (mirenner@vt.edu)

-Klorel

D@rkness1
12-11-2002, 11:01 AM
Hi...

hey,Korel,have u got the .wav file where Mace windu says:
This party is over!

??

I need it...so maybe you could give it to me(if you have it)...;)
That would be very nice!:bounce1: :dmaul3:

cu

:greedo: :r2d23: :wookiee:

ksk h2o
12-11-2002, 11:47 AM
I sent out an email Klorel... we'll see what I can do.

omeo7
12-12-2002, 07:17 AM
He Lives!!!

Klorel
12-12-2002, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by D@rkness1
Hi...

hey,Korel,have u got the .wav file where Mace windu says:
This party is over!

??

I need it...so maybe you could give it to me(if you have it)...;)
That would be very nice!

Possibly, depends on what you need it for exactly... just out of curiosity? you sound kind of secretive about it all, and the clip wasn't easy to come by, I extracted and cleaned it up myself just to use in my Mace model. Could you wait for the Mace to be released and extract it from the pk3? In a way this would be like sending you the skin I made for mace or the model, although not as important, its still part of this model, so i'd need good reason (or reason at all) to send out key files that add to the coolness that is Windu. hope you understand where i'm coming from.

Also, me and ksk h2o are in talks about getting bones in this body so he can move around, maybe cut some stuff up a bit. So progress is being made.

On a side note, my computer is starting to suck... and I may have to fix it, risking the loss of some files, but dont worry, all the key files for this model are on more than just this computer so its not all too bad... stupid windows... I'm getting a new 80 gig soon, so all will be fixed.... excellent...
-Klorel

Klorel
12-14-2002, 03:14 PM
Is there a way to get this moved to the showcase models section... cause thats pretty much what this is, plus no one comes to modelling anymore... why they made a showcase forum I don't know... but it seems that that is where my thread should go now... just askin'

-Klorel

Toonces
12-14-2002, 03:38 PM
heh, I guess it was so far down the list when they were moving everything that it just slipped their minds :)

I'll shoot an message over to one of the mods just in case they've missed this thread recently.

Maby I should bug Eets to give me some mod powers over the editing sections. Perhaps a bribe would work ;)

Klorel
12-14-2002, 09:06 PM
Sweet. thanks for the move Toonces, by the way, I downloaded your mace 1.1, nice job.

Does anyone know if you can have a bot use a certain saber hilt with the JediMod 1.2? Cause i'd like my Mace bot to use the mace hilt that comes with that mod... just wanted to know if it could be done. And if anyone can find any SLJ soundclips it would be appreciated, and I mean ANY, interviews, whatever you can get your hands on, i'm gonna have some fun splicin' up stuff... it will be cool, plus he's been in over 100 movies so i'm sure theres something out there that fits the character. thats all for now

-Klorel

Lord Tnuc
12-14-2002, 09:43 PM
Yeah, it can. I think it had a readme somewhere in there. But I know it can be done in the bot text file or something. o.o

Enjoi9187
12-14-2002, 10:10 PM
at albineblacksheep.com they have a samuel l jackson soundboard, but its flash, maybe you could "re-record" it with a mic after u click on each sound bit.

rut-wa jodar
12-15-2002, 03:23 AM
Sweet. thanks for the move Toonces, by the way, I downloaded your mace 1.1, nice job.

Does anyone know if you can have a bot use a certain saber hilt with the JediMod 1.2? Cause i'd like my Mace bot to use the mace hilt that comes with that mod... just wanted to know if it could be done. And if anyone can find any SLJ soundclips it would be appreciated, and I mean ANY, interviews, whatever you can get your hands on, i'm gonna have some fun splicin' up stuff... it will be cool, plus he's been in over 100 movies so i'm sure theres something out there that fits the character. thats all for now

-Klorel

If you edit the "Bots.txt" file for and type hilt "windu" under mace`s info it should work. Hope this helps :D

PalnGipanji
12-15-2002, 07:20 AM
Very nice work Toonces and Arco! It's great to be a BMF in-game. (Well, I was anyway.. hahah... but now with mo... SHUT YO MOUTH!)

Anyway, I have a few questions for you.. post-release, hind-sight is 20/20 type things. First of all, why wasn't the hilt command added to the bot files? In a base MP game, the hilt command would be ignored anyway... might as well add that to the botfile. Maybe something to consider for Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon.

Another question is did you ever find a scaling value for Mace that looks more accurate? 1.0 looks a bit short to me, so I wondered if you had played with that while you were testing it before release. And what is the RGB of the saber used in the screenshots included with the pk3? You might want to put those things in the readmemace.txt, or any other readme's for other projects. Thanks Toonces and Arco!!

Klorel
12-15-2002, 10:57 AM
LOL, ok, first off wrong mace but its all good. I've done the math and the scaling on Mace should be exactly 1.05. cause he's 1.88 meters tall and kyle is 1.7876 meters tall so i've calculated using vader luke and chewie. And i'm planning on attaching the hilt for this Mace's bot. But good things to consider none the less, i'll take your 20/20 hindsight into account but i'd suggest you post it on Toonces thread. thanks for the input though :p

-Klorel

Toonces
12-15-2002, 11:42 AM
heh, this will probly be a little confusing for a little while Klorel ;)

Thanks for your kind words about my version Klorel :D I do have to say that I'm definatly looking forward to your Mace as well :D

Hellfire Jedi
12-15-2002, 11:47 AM
Sorry for this off topic but i need to ask something from you Toonces or someone with max.
I gotta 3dsmax4 sitting here but im missing a few data.cab files i have
As you can see i need 2,3,4. If there is anyway to get this PM me plz. Thanks a lot

Hellfire

Sorry for off topic

squall_dm
12-15-2002, 10:38 PM
Toonces, I hate to bring this to your attention, but Mace Windu's robe is transparent from the front - like a one way texture. This does not happen with Qui-Gon.

Klorel
12-16-2002, 12:32 AM
wrong mace... toonces thread is started by toonces, anyhoo:

heres a little something i've been working on while my model gets a skeleton and weights. Its a sith version of the skin i've made, i'm planning on making 2 other sith skins for the CTF of this one, I guess the one i've done will be the red team.. The other two sith mace's will look different from this one, allowing you guys to use your favorite looking sith... atleast thats the plan as it stands. My origional thought was to make the blue team for this skin normal, then the normal skin be a little more evil, then the red be the one in the pic, kind of a transition to evil, might make for a cool single player story. enough rambling, tell me what you think:
here (http://www.geocities.com/crazyhamster03/macewindupreview22.txt)
THIS ISN'T THE MAIN MODEL, JUST A DIFFERENT SKIN < so no-one freaks out about me changing the origional. Also, i plan to make the eyes glow in the dark with a shader when in game, it will look cool. just post any other sith ideas for this skin and i'll pick and choose the thoughts I think would work cool...

thats all for now

-Klorel

Altimira
12-16-2002, 05:36 PM
Yeah, great work toonces! lol j/k, this is Klorels thread. Maybe you shouldnt have moved it to the showcase forum:rolleyes:

anyways, the screen shot is a little too dark if you know what i mean

Hekx
12-16-2002, 05:56 PM
Nice eyes on the model :D

The screenshot is a little too dark, as Altimira said, maybe try and brighten it up a little..

Looks good, especially the face :)

El Sitherino
12-16-2002, 07:12 PM
that looks cool. and i think its dark to show that it actually glows. maybe... just a guess.

skater_craigd
12-16-2002, 07:20 PM
Quite frankly, ithink that looks superb...i can tell what it look slike but hey its ace...

yeah the eye effect is cool makes a different feeling to the game, all the stuff ive seen you do is excellent and always at a high standard in my eyes...

all ican say is hope it goes well mate and that everything goes smoothely with no problems, well good luck,

yours faithfully craig x

P.S : if people want to see the texturing of the model, you could perhaps post a picture with a white backgruond :) but im not complaining cause its excellent.

Sevled's Lair (http://www.angelfire.com/theforce/perfect_ending)

Klorel
12-16-2002, 10:21 PM
Thanks for the praise everyone, and for those who wanted it brighter I altered the background, but as InsaneSith said, I did the dark backround to make the eyes stand out, so the background I changed to is still a little dark, but Not nearly as straight black, its kind of a cool, yet evil, effect. Hope you like it.

Scary (http://www.geocities.com/crazyhamster03/macewindupreview23.txt)

Also i'm still looking for more sith ideas for the default and blue versions of the sith skin, and more SLJ soundclips, i've checked the soundboards and all those seem a little inappropriate, but if you have any other soundclips it would be great, I'm thinking maybe sounds from interviews or something like that where I could extract a lot of words... just let me know if you find anything.

-Klorel

MysticSpade
12-16-2002, 11:12 PM
alright Toonces i took the original mace outta my base folder and DL'd your 1.1 and he still has the lines on his head. any suggestions.

frendon
12-17-2002, 01:51 AM
Klorel that sith version looks great!!, if you get a shader to work and make his eyes glow in-game as you said, it would be really cool, i'll love to see what you come up with for the blue version.

Originally posted by MysticSpade
alright Toonces i took the original mace outta my base folder and DL'd your 1.1 and he still has the lines on his head. any suggestions.

Klorer u should ask a mod to change the title of this thread to KLOREL's Mace Windu :p

Toonces
12-17-2002, 02:11 AM
Originally posted by frendon
Klorel u should ask a mod to change the title of this thread to KLOREL's Mace Windu :p

That's a good idea, I think I'll change it

El Sitherino
12-17-2002, 08:15 AM
sorry for the offtopic question but how do you get shots like that. where tiy have the whole body then the head in front of the background.

on topic: nice might wanna work on the lighting on the eyes it sorta looks like just paint put under his eys. try to make it curve up just a little.and fade out as you go up.

Klorel
12-17-2002, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by InsaneSith
sorry for the offtopic question but how do you get shots like that. where tiy have the whole body then the head in front of the background.

on topic: nice might wanna work on the lighting on the eyes it sorta looks like just paint put under his eys. try to make it curve up just a little.and fade out as you go up.

Thanks for the name change Toonces, hope that helps.

As far as making the pictures, I used photoshop to combine the two screenshots into one picture, basically just cuting out around the close up shot and pasting in on the full body one.

The lighting does curve up above his eyes (subtly), but SLJ's face is very rigid so I didn't want the light source fom the eyes traveling to places where it wouldn't normally be cast. And if I faded it anymore it would have the sharp green tint that makes them look so much more evil... thanks for the input though.

-Klorel

El Sitherino
12-18-2002, 08:41 AM
yeah well hopefully they dont look painted in game right *crosses fingers* and yeah just thought id put in my two cents. i have this eye for things though im not sure what the things are they seem to all be different well anyways KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK:thumbsup:

§ith Lord
12-18-2002, 02:59 PM
and more SLJ soundclips, i've checked the soundboards and all those seem a little inappropriate, but if you have any other soundclips it would be great, I'm thinking maybe sounds from interviews or something like that where I could extract a lot of words... just let me know if you find anything.

-Klorel

how about "better luck next time" from the movie Changing Lanes?

Klorel
12-18-2002, 03:43 PM
Sithlord, that sounds like it would work great, do you have it in .wav format? feel free to send me whatever you've got
here (mirenner@vt.edu)

-Klorel

El Sitherino
12-18-2002, 05:16 PM
i had a thought... only a thought so dont get mad. well we could have a clean and dirty version. any thoughts about that.

Klorel
12-18-2002, 05:41 PM
I'm not the type to get mad off of just a thought, I've actually contemplated that myself... Personally if I knew it wouldn't tick off Mace fans (not SLJ, just mace) and offend innocent ears I would release this one with a "dirty" sound pack as you call it. but thats not the case, so i'll consider perhaps making the default version of my new mace skin the normal mace maybe? and then puting the "dirty" sounds with that skin? i'd have to include a warning or something, but i'm not going to make it so dirty that even I get offended :p tell me what you think

-Klorel

El Sitherino
12-18-2002, 07:22 PM
i like the sound of that. i could try and find some sounds later. ill put them on my site email is buggy lately.

Klorel
12-18-2002, 07:57 PM
Works for me, as for other sounds, if someone can find a page with a WHOOOLE lotta SLJ sounds that would be great, that way I can choose the best of the best.... yep.

-Klorel

El Sitherino
12-18-2002, 08:19 PM
found one site ill find more here .... contains some strong language. (http://www.dlc.fi/~frog/wavs/jackson.htm)