PDA

View Full Version : How to get voice files and music

Watto T
04-29-2000, 01:16 AM
Hey my friends!

Does anyone know of a program thata will play the .wv format that the voice files for TPM are in?

Also, how can I extract and use the music files? A lot ofa de music from the game isn't on my soundtrack CD.

I hope someone can helpa me out here.

-Respectfully, Watto T

Zanzibar
04-30-2000, 05:27 AM
OK, so I'm not a programmer...

Have you tried renaming the .wv file extension to .wav, then opening it in any sound program? (Even double-clicking on it will work.) As I recall, we didn't do anything astronomically weird to the sound files, so my belief is that all you have to do is rename it. I can't be sure though.

As for the soundtrack, I know there's a program out there that can do it...I'll look into it, but if anyone knows offhand, please post http://www.jediknight.net/mboard/smile.gif

Nute Gunray
04-30-2000, 06:41 PM
Run the game and go to whatever level you want to get a sound from. Alt+tab out of the game and you can find them as wavs in a folder in the TPM directory.

------------------
Still no real sig.

Watto T
05-03-2000, 02:32 AM
Hey my friends:

I'll try your suggestions...I tried renaming, but the file turns into trash! I don't see how I can get voice files in .wav by running the game but it mighta work. I'll test it out. Thanks, friend!

--Respectfully, Watto T

Nute Gunray
05-03-2000, 06:20 PM
The alt+tab thing does work...I have several of the funnier lines from the game as sounds on my comp.

------------------
Still no real sig.

Master Qui-Gon
05-04-2000, 01:53 PM
<font face="BernardMod BT"><font color="green1">Oh boy, Jedi smell stink-o-wiff. Wew!

The folder in question is in the TPM directory. It's called "cache" and disappears every time you exit TPM. If you ALT+Tab out of the game, all the sounds from your current level will be there in .wav format. Simply copy the files you want into another folder.

------------------
http://fan.starwars.com/Fishsticks/files/Jedi3.jpg
Master Qui-Gon, Jedi Master
Always remember, your focus determines your reality.

[This message has been edited by Master Qui-Gon (edited May 04, 2000).]