PDA

View Full Version : WIP: Count Dooku model (with cape ;) )

Pages : [1] 2

Luuke
03-15-2002, 01:49 AM
you're the man, toonces!!! great to hear.

i finished the team-color-skins yesterday. nothing special about it, just a red/blue cape and belt. i didn't want to change too much, so he still would look dark and evil because of his black clothes.

Garik Loran
03-15-2002, 02:33 AM
Yes, Toonces. Good to hear.

@LOUman
I think the face looks a lot like Dooku, it is a skinned face, no photorealistic. If you think that it's strange and something should be changed you at least have to describe what you dislike.
But I suggest you'll wait until you see it really ingame, Dooku looks quite cool when you play him.

Garik Loran
05-27-2002, 02:46 PM
Ok, Luuke worked some time on a new Count Dooku model, with a new head/face and a cape.
The model now is nearly complete, look @
http://home.t-online.de/home/0236859584/SWJK2/dookumodel1.jpg
I still have my skin for the model, and since the body has not changed much I'd like to keep them.
Now both Luuke and me have not much experience with putting the textures on the model and align the skeleton, especially the movement of the cape.
So if anyone likes to help and knows what to do please get in contact with me.
terrence20@web.de

I hope you all have seen my skin, so you must know that it's worth the effort.

master obi-wan
05-27-2002, 02:55 PM
looks great !!!! really verry cool !!! keep it up !!!

may i ask where did you get that cool avatar pic of anakin ???

master obi-wan :ben:

Garik Loran
05-27-2002, 02:56 PM
made the avatar myself from a Episode-II-select-image.
Or maybe it was another promo pic, can't remember.

Lucko Mabri
05-27-2002, 03:52 PM
*Applaudes* Amazing. Absolutely Amazing. :D

PiousAugustus99
05-27-2002, 04:10 PM
Very very nice

Oobedoob Benobi
05-27-2002, 04:27 PM
nice work!

The Rel)ee(V)eR
05-27-2002, 05:01 PM
Very nice! I have your original skin of Dooku, I can't wait to see him with a cape.

Garik Loran
05-27-2002, 05:12 PM
Thanx.
Ok, this question is to all those people who made models and know how it works.
Luuke edited the model with Milkshape. Now the problem is that you have to assign all the textures anew. Ok, that's not really a problem, but how do you export the model to .md3 format?
I need this format so I can convert it to glm, but I always get the error "Couldn't find control file "...\Dooku.qc""
This has something to do with Q3 models, but I never edited them, so I don't know what to do.
sithlord-II, Absath, Bloodriot, CheshireKat, Spacemonkey and all the others, how did you do that? and what program did you use?
Please help!

update: here's a picture of his textured face, not finished yet, but I think you can recognize him yet.
http://home.t-online.de/home/0236859584/SWJK2/dookuFace.jpg

Klorel
05-27-2002, 05:25 PM
in milkshape, go to :
tools >> Quake III arena >> generate control file...
then you can export your md3.

also, love the cape, very nice. if you find out how to get your model back into JO you mind letting me know? i've finished a model as well but dont know how to get it back. also how do i skin it once i've modified the model? i like using photoshop to alter the images and viewing them with modview, hope that is still possible...
good work with the dooku, hope your including his classic "join me!..." taunt with the file, can't wait to play it. :D

Cmdr. Antilles
05-27-2002, 05:26 PM
I think the .qc file is a file that controls the skin... like it's path and stuff... I think there's an option in milkshape to export control file or something.

I'm a mapper, and I'm trying to remember this from a converstain on another board I read several months back, so it's probably not too much help...

King Jezuz Pie
05-27-2002, 05:54 PM
Ah noch ein Deutscher hier ;) Kennt man sich eventuell unter anderem Namen? :D

Great model, hope you won't get into trouble with the animations...

Garik Loran
05-27-2002, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by Cmdr. Antilles
I think the .qc file is a file that controls the skin... like it's path and stuff... I think there's an option in milkshape to export control file or something.

Originally posted by Klorel
then you can export your md3

Yep, thx. You were right.
When I know how all this works from Milkshape to JO I think I am going to post a tutorial or something.
And the taunt will be the "classic" one. I think it's the best and a very typical one. (was there a character Dooku didn't ask to join him ;) )

Garik Loran
05-27-2002, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by King Jezuz Pie
Ah noch ein Deutscher hier ;) Kennt man sich eventuell unter anderem Namen? :D

Great model, hope you won't get into trouble with the animations...

Hab ja mehrere Namen, aber ich glaube nicht, dass wir uns kennen. Oder? neee :D

I am experiencing some trouble with the animations. When I try to export to .glm I get the message that my model has 30 frames (don't know why) and only one frame is allowed. How to remove the 29 frames that are no frames at all?
Oh man, converting all this from one to another file makes me dizzy.

Pedantic
05-27-2002, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by Klorel
in milkshape, go to :
then you can export your md3.

also, love the cape, very nice. if you find out how to get your model back into JO you mind letting me know? i've finished a model as well but dont know how to get it back. also how do i skin it once i've modified the model? i like using photoshop to alter the images and viewing them with modview, hope that is still possible...
good work with the dooku, hope your including his classic "join me!..." taunt with the file, can't wait to play it. :D

Actually, I think his "You disappoint me...surely you can do better" line is probably a much better taunt, IMHO.

King Jezuz Pie
05-27-2002, 06:19 PM
Yeah converting this stuff is very hard some times. When I first tried replacing simple textures I even had some problems... ;)

Are you perhaps a former CS modeler/skinner?

Garik Loran
05-27-2002, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by King Jezuz Pie
Yeah converting this stuff is very hard some times. When I first tried replacing simple textures I even had some problems... ;)

Are you perhaps a former CS modeler/skinner?
:) No, I am no former CS modeler/skinner. The only thing I did were textures and models for NFS , F1RC and F1 2001. Lately I painted some textures for Q3, but no modeling human-like meshes.
:p But I was very good at playing CS :D

Garik Loran
05-27-2002, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by Pedantic

Actually, I think his "You disappoint me...surely you can do better" line is probably a much better taunt, IMHO.

That's a possible taunt, too. But the problem is you don't get audio samples of good quality of this. The trailers from starwars.com have accurate sound, but everything else you can find from SW2 is bad quality, so until someone proves me wrong and send me some high quality sound I think I will keep the "classic ;) " one.

Oh, btw, I am still getting error messages so someone with more experience is still welcome.

:ben: "you wanna sit down and help this guy!"
:trooper: " I want to sit down and help this guy."

Pedantic
05-27-2002, 07:21 PM
True, the quality isn't as good. But I don't think the sound quality on the trailers is that good either. Of course, I can't tell too well, 'cause my speakers suck. My right speaker keeps going out on me. :D

Pedantic
05-27-2002, 07:55 PM
OK, what do you think of this sound?

http://phasersonkill.tripod.com/dooku_taunt_mixed_final.zip

Guess I have to add my own http:// :rolleyes:

remark 666
05-27-2002, 08:24 PM
looks ok so far, more detail couldn't hurt though ;)

make sure to get that cape animated

Garik Loran
05-27-2002, 08:26 PM
Quality is ok, not the best, but ok. But there is too much background noise in it. I will see what other sounds I can get, but I have to finish the model first.

BradFu
05-27-2002, 08:27 PM
I want to throw my vote in for the "You dissapoint me" taunt, the one Pedantic made sounds good :) The background noise is really just lightsaber humming, and that wouldn't be out of place for a taunt.

BradFu!

Pedantic
05-27-2002, 10:27 PM
Thanks, BradFu. :D Considering I used my iPAQ to record it and the sound recorder that came with Windows to edit it, I'd say it was pretty good. :D

Darth Odisse
05-28-2002, 05:00 AM
Garik have you checked your PM's recently?

Luuke
05-28-2002, 05:01 AM
Originally posted by remark 666
looks ok so far, more detail couldn't hurt though ;)

make sure to get that cape animated

i will do the chain that holds the cape around his neck. Count Dooku has not much more details to add, the rest is a question of textures i think.
and i think animating the cape can't be done without the right tools, sithlord-ii couldn't on his vader, and so can't i. sorry

Klorel
05-28-2002, 12:38 PM
the cape wasn' t even that bad on sithlord-ii's vader, it should be fine. good work. also, to get the model skinned and whatnot, go to spacermonkey's modeling tutorial, all your questions (most anyway) will be answered there: here (http://www2.ravensoft.com/jedioutcast/)

Garik Loran
05-28-2002, 01:49 PM
Thanx for all your help. That tutorials should help, and we will do it step by step now. I'll keep you up to date.

Luuke
05-28-2002, 07:04 PM
okay, a small update.
i am trying to put the textures on the model. this is the first human model i ever did and i think it came out very well, but i really hate doing texture maps, and putting already existing textures on the model is even worse. so if there is someone with more experience who can do it faster and wants to help (of course you'll get full credit and can beta test the model) send me or Garik Loran a personal message.

Garik will put up a new screenshot soon, so you can see the model is worth the work (i hope)

Garik Loran
05-28-2002, 07:31 PM
Yep. Here is the image:
http://home.t-online.de/home/0236859584/SWJK2/dooku3.jpg

Oobedoob Benobi
05-28-2002, 07:36 PM
is it me, or does the skin on his face look very dark?

Epimetheus
05-28-2002, 08:39 PM
Umm.. Count Dooku is a little... er... Rounder... in the waist area...

He's a funny chubby old man!

Garik Loran
05-28-2002, 08:47 PM
The dark face is because there are no lightsources in the model viewer, it's brighter in the game.
And Dooku is not fat, I think this stomach he has is ok. What do you others think about that?

BradFu
05-28-2002, 08:50 PM
I think it looks good as is. He's not chubby in the movie, he just doesn't have well-defined abs.

BradFu!

Pedantic
05-28-2002, 08:50 PM
I think his stomach looks good as it is now.

Epimetheus
05-28-2002, 11:50 PM
Eh, maybe his outfit just made his butt look big, thus amplifying the size of his stomach. ;)

ash_007
05-29-2002, 12:18 AM
Looks Very good, Cant wait for the release, Any plans on the curved saber?

Toonces
05-29-2002, 03:49 AM
Dooku definatly didn't look fat in the movie. I'm not sure how old he's supposed to be in the film, but Christopher Lee just turned 80 (yesterday actually) and looks pretty fit for somebody in his 80's. Lee's a tall man with a large frame, definatly not fat

Looking great you two :D

Pedantic
05-29-2002, 04:06 AM
There already is a Dooku saber mod available for download on jk2.net. Just so you knew. ;)

KMan
05-29-2002, 04:43 AM
It seems to me that the face tone is definatly too dark.

I would recommend changing the material in Milkshape to get a better look at things. Change the 'Emissive' color to 50% grey.

Then on to the skin. Since the actor is 80 years old, his skin should reflect that. Back in the day he may have had a nice tan, but he should have a much paler complexion. Expecially since he has embraced the Dark Side of the Force.

Luuke
05-29-2002, 05:02 AM
maybe we'll light up the face, but i want to wait until i put the textures of his clothes to the model. these are black, and so the face will look much brighter than seeing it against the untextured white of the model.

ZasZ26
05-29-2002, 12:31 PM
Keep up the good work, looks ownage.

Absath
05-29-2002, 01:09 PM
Looking great guys =)

-Abs

KMan
05-30-2002, 12:31 AM
Well, I saw the post from the Darth Maul wip. What all help did you need from me?

Pedantic
05-30-2002, 01:04 AM
Looking at the last screenshot of Dooku, it seemed to me that his hands might have been a bit large. Maybe? I dunno... :D

Garik Loran
05-30-2002, 03:45 PM
It has the standard hands all other models have, too. So if they are too large all hands are too large.

Luuke
05-30-2002, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by kman@polycount
Well, I saw the post from the Darth Maul wip. What all help did you need from me?

well, this is my very first model and i just can't get the textures onto the model. my problem is i only have milkshape3D and no matter how hard i tried i was never really satisfied with the textures, because they were stretched here or didn't fit there. i want to learn how to map with other programs, but don't have the time right now because i'm very busy with university. and i don't think the anyone - including me - wants to wait two month to get this model done. if you could put the textures onto the model i would be very grateful.

BTW, what program is good to make texturemaps?

KMan
05-30-2002, 05:06 PM
Alright send the model over to me. I'm sending you my e-mail address.

As for what programs I use. I'm not sure what exactly you are asking, but I use Photoshop and 3ds Max 4.

Garik Loran
05-30-2002, 06:11 PM
Ok, I've sent it to you. Will be interesting for me to hear your opinion. You have experience with this things, I am quite a Newbie.

Luuke
05-31-2002, 06:14 PM
ok, thanks to Kman the model is mapped and we can start skinning it. i have a test at university tomorrow and birthday on sunday, so there will be not much progress this weekend, but i hope to get a lot more done the next week. so stay tuned.

and once again: thank you KMAN

Pedantic
05-31-2002, 09:16 PM
Sweet! I can't wait! :D

KMan
06-01-2002, 02:55 AM
http://www.planetquake.com/polycount/cottages/kman/images/projects/jk/dooku1.jpg

http://www.planetquake.com/polycount/cottages/kman/images/projects/jk/dooku2.jpg

After unwrapping him, I set out on skinning him. This is where I am at now. Still have about 40+ years to add to the face, and then more work on the clothing. I only had time to add a basic texture to the clothing and extra pieces.

Andy867
06-01-2002, 03:46 AM
Ok, seeing that 2nd pic of the face, that was spooky.. !!! almost made me need to run for my blankey. ;) LOL, but definitely good work on the model/skinning... I'm just wondering when someone can make an anakin skywalker that has that black jedi robe from Episode 2, just with the hood back, and not on his head.

Archmv04
06-01-2002, 04:41 AM
How did you make his face look so much like it?! Also that lil skirt thing he has (I'm not trying to be rude or a smart ass by saying skirt i dont know its actual name) did he have it in the move? Also is he gona only use 1 hand when he swings the saber like in the movie. and 1 more thing well you guys be creating a saber model for it?

Luuke
06-01-2002, 12:17 PM
MonkeyKungFu already did an excellent model for dooku's saber hilt. and since garik loran is working together with him, he does new pics for the HUD, we have permission to add it to our model, as far as i know.
KMAN, you skin is absolutely amazing, i don't think i could have done any better. one thing i noticed: the lips should be smaller, and a bit more flesh-colored. now it makes him look a bit too feminine. but hair and eyebrows are perfect.
nice work...

Darth Odisse
06-01-2002, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by Archmv04
How did you make his face look so much like it?! Also that lil skirt thing he has (I'm not trying to be rude or a smart ass by saying skirt i dont know its actual name) did he have it in the move? Also is he gona only use 1 hand when he swings the saber like in the movie. and 1 more thing well you guys be creating a saber model for it?

Well here's a scan of him and yes he does have that "skirt" thing:

http://www.vengeance-unlimited.org/Jedi%20Outcast/Episode%20II/Scans/CD-1.jpg

http://www.vengeance-unlimited.org/Jedi%20Outcast/Episode%20II/Scans/CD-2.jpg

Oobedoob Benobi
06-01-2002, 01:14 PM
is he gona only use 1 hand when he swings the saber like in the movie
I think that is an animation thing. I don't believe that raven has released a way to create or edit animations.

Garik Loran
06-01-2002, 01:38 PM
Ok, I am really happy seeing the progress the models and skin are making.
And there is a saber made by MonkeyKungFu, and I made the HUD for it. I have not asked MonkeyKungFu yet (so if you read this please reply to it) but I hope I may add his saber to the Dooku model.
I also finished the HUD images for the saber, have a look.
http://home.t-online.de/home/0236859584/SWJK2/dookusaber.jpg

Arco
06-01-2002, 01:40 PM
i lovet hat skinage there kman. Alas his head is the wrong shape! Christopher Lee has a much longer thin face... not that fat arse face that this model has... needs to be fixed me thinks. Oh yeah what about the red inlay he has on his cape... that is mega impostant cos it is the dracula reference of all that camped up evil badguy business that he is so good at doing....

Arco

striderx2048
06-01-2002, 07:15 PM
hey, hes conceptally count dooku :), not nessassary christropher lee

Pedantic
06-02-2002, 07:59 AM
Now that I've seen it skinned, I do agree that the head does need to be lengthened. I don't think Dooku wore eyeshadow or lipstick either. :D I don't think his lips should be as tapered. Well, there's my two cents. :D

Kx_Dra_Sycdan
06-02-2002, 08:31 AM
His head is to wide...he looks like an old freaky version New York Yanks first basemen Jason Giambi. The rest of the skin is loverly, he just looks to beefy to be an old guy (someone should be able to post some ref. pics for you both)

Pedantic
06-03-2002, 05:02 AM
Someone already did post reference pics.

Kuja
06-06-2002, 02:38 PM
*bump*

Any updates? this model looks great, and i'd hate to see it just disaepear away. :(

Luuke
06-06-2002, 03:54 PM
still fighting with the textures. i will post some pics when there is some progress. unfortunately i didn't get so much done, because i have been busy but keep cool. this model won't just disappear, i'm eager to see it finished myself.
all i ask is to be patient...

Blades006
06-06-2002, 09:10 PM
Awesome model!!! Yet another sith lord to play with!

Keep up the good work, and take your time. A perfect model is much better than a buggy one.

Pedantic
06-06-2002, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by Blades006
Awesome model!!! Yet another sith lord to play with!

Am I the only sick-minded person here that found this funny? :D

Ray Stantz
06-07-2002, 11:20 AM
Then again, a weaker Sith Lord.

Blades006
06-07-2002, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by Pedantic

Am I the only sick-minded person here that found this funny? :D

Yeah I guess it did sound a little odd. Well, you know what I mean.

Dark_One
06-07-2002, 03:38 PM
I think the freaky thing is the nose. It needs to be a little bigger.
Keep up the good work :)

BradFu
06-07-2002, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by Ray Stantz
Then again, a weaker Sith Lord.

I don't know about that. He stomped Obi-Wan and Anakin fairly easily, and Obi-Wan took Maul apart (no pun intended) while he was still only a Padawan. Of the three lightsaber-weilding Sith we've seen, in order from best to Worst, it would probably have to be Vader, Tyrannus, Maul. Maul just LOOKS badass, and he's quick. Tyrannus is more powerful :)

BradFu!

Luuke
06-07-2002, 05:21 PM
well i think darth Maul was the best lasersword-fighter of all the sith. darth tyranus is more powerful, because he has much greater understanding of the force, where he is actually as powerful as yoda.
it is really hard to decide where to put vader, because you only saw him fighting an old obi-wan and a young unexperienced luke skywalker. and vader was old and "crippled" by that time. it will be interesting what vader will be like in episode 3, when you (hopefully) will see him on top of his sith career.

Kuja
06-07-2002, 06:11 PM
please make his face a bit more narrow, narrow like Christopher Lee, not Dooku. :D , then he'd look amazing.

Telcar
06-07-2002, 07:59 PM
Well, Vader is definately the coolest of the Sith. :D

superdude201
06-07-2002, 08:06 PM
very good looks like him but face is abit dark but a very detailed model so far

agentj64
06-07-2002, 08:52 PM
I've just gotten into JK2 modeling myself, it's fairly simple but one quesiton
How do you get certain MP chars with custom lightsabers? or are you replacing the saber model? and even then are there tutorials aon weapon replacements? i'll be searching but if you could tell me in advance thanks:D

Ray Stantz
06-08-2002, 12:04 AM
Then again I was comparing Dooku to Vader when I said "Then again, a weaker Sith Lord."

Kx_Dra_Sycdan
06-08-2002, 12:40 AM
Originally posted by Luuke
lasersword

Light Saber

(remember that or I kill you ;) )

Pedantic
06-08-2002, 03:19 AM
Originally posted by Kx_Dra_Sycdan
Light Saber

Lightsaber ;) :D

Luuke
06-08-2002, 07:46 AM
Originally posted by agentj64
I've just gotten into JK2 modeling myself, it's fairly simple but one quesiton
How do you get certain MP chars with custom lightsabers? or are you replacing the saber model? and even then are there tutorials aon weapon replacements? i'll be searching but if you could tell me in advance thanks:D

by now it is just replacing the standard LIGHTSABER hilt, but i hope someone will make them selectable soon.

Fardreamer
06-08-2002, 07:50 AM
That face skin bares an uncanny resemblance to Michael Jackson. Do something about the nose please. A little less nose-job-ish.

Darth-Nasty
06-12-2002, 03:39 PM
I hope the lack of updates dont mean this model has been abandoned! :( :confused:

The model looks great and i hope it is realeased soon.

MiniS
06-12-2002, 04:16 PM
Actually I think the eyes of dooku looks kinda "friendly", and should be somewhat reduce a bit in scale

Luuke
06-12-2002, 04:21 PM
no, this model has not been canceled. but because of my bad luck, i can't skin any more at the moment. i hurt my right arm at sports, now i have a pulled muscle (my dictionary says that's the right word) and can hardly hold my mouse.
thanx to Kman the model is finished and unwrapped, so if there are some good skinners who want to try on the textures let me know!

Lucko Mabri
06-12-2002, 04:52 PM
YAY! Dookie aint dead!

Delmar
06-12-2002, 04:53 PM
Perhaps a thread should be created in the Skinning forum to recruit someone to finish him off...?

omar_torres
06-12-2002, 11:04 PM
I would be more than happy to skin this model. I have skinned for quite a while now, and I would be glad to help. If you are wondering "well i dunno are you a good skinner or do ya suck?" go to jk2files.com or jediknight.net or jedioutcast.com and look at the skins under my name You can be the judge :) Or just ask some one like sithlord ii, I made an alternate skin for his Exar Kun model , heheh e-mail me: omar_torresjr@hotmail.com

Absath
06-12-2002, 11:23 PM
keeping in mind that Sithlord isnt using Omar's skin........

-Abs

Pedantic
06-13-2002, 04:51 AM
Whoever skins it has to make sure to get the face right, 'cause it pretty much makes or breaks a Dooku model.

Garik Loran
06-13-2002, 08:36 AM
I'll send the skinmaps to omar_torres, so he can try it. I think his Vader skin was not really bad, and he wrote in an e-mail that Dooku is one of his favorites, so I'm sure he tries very hard.
And I love perfection, so if i am not satisfied I will help omar, that's what I did together with Luuke. And the old skin looked a lot like dooku, I think.
Don't worry. I think it will be a good one.

Gooey
06-13-2002, 09:00 AM
I use about 4 or 5 of Omar's skins.

I can easily say that they are very good quality and I have no problem seeing him work on Dooku.

BacMeth
06-13-2002, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by Oobedoob Benobi

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
is he gona only use 1 hand when he swings the saber like in the movie
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think that is an animation thing. I don't believe that raven has released a way to create or edit animations.

yea well it IS an animation thing.. and they haven't released any tools to edit them... but theres no need for creating new 1 handed animations (and it'd be way too hard too)
they already are in there... theres two more stances in the game..
1handed blue and 1 handed red.. tavion and desann use em
needs some coding to enable them for MP... but its possible...

KMan
06-13-2002, 09:30 AM
Here is how the face is coming along. I remapped the lining of his cape so It can be a different material. Keep in mind that the model itself would need to be changed for an ACCURATE likeness to be portrayed.

http://www.planetquake.com/polycount/cottages/kman/images/projects/jk/dooku4.jpg

Made him a bit more menacing, added 10-20 more years (about 100 left to go) gave him bigger sideburns and a fuller beard, changed the skin hood over his eye lids and lightened up his lips.

Q on his belt- is it a red tone or is it just a fine leather material?

Luuke
06-13-2002, 10:13 AM
nice to see that with all your projects you still found the time to continue your work on dooku. i really appreciate your work KMan.

the belt is just leather i think, light brown leather. but i only have one good pic, so if someone knows better please correct me.

next i will take a look at the model's head again and see if i can correct some things to make him look much more like dooku. i find it kind of hard to edit models just by imaginating the skin, so the newest pic will help me a lot to see what has to be done.

Grafox
06-13-2002, 10:32 AM
Nice skin Kman!!

Can you perhaps explain to me how you made the beard and hair look zo real.

Grafox
06-13-2002, 10:46 AM
Ooow, btw, Luuke/Garik Loran, I'd also like to make a skin for this model :D Perhaps a younger dooku, still a jedi? :D

Can you send me the sdk? grafox@quicknet.nl

striderx2048
06-13-2002, 10:51 AM

looks brown, like the inside of his cape

Grafox
06-13-2002, 11:37 AM
Don't you mean this link:

KMan
06-14-2002, 03:21 AM
That was part of the question. It was my understanding that his cape lining is sort of a dark red velvety material. In that pic the belt piece appears to be the same tone as the cape liner. Either they are the same toned material or that person used a pretty crappy scanner.

The Jackal
06-14-2002, 04:33 AM
The belt is the same tone, but not the same material.

Grafox
06-14-2002, 06:26 AM
Originally posted by Grafox
Ooow, btw, Luuke/Garik Loran, I'd also like to make a skin for this model :D Perhaps a younger dooku, still a jedi? :D

???

Pedantic
06-14-2002, 06:46 AM
Looks good kman, but he still looks like he's wearing eyeshadow. ;)

KMan
06-14-2002, 07:21 AM
It isn't eye shadow. It is the drain on his eyes from years of exposure and training in the dark side of the force. Look at the reference pics of Dooku as well as for Palpatine, you'll see what I mean.

Grafox
06-14-2002, 07:46 AM
Kman, can you explain how do hair so well?

KMan
06-14-2002, 08:08 AM
Very small brush size, with a low opacity.
Start with fairly short dark strokes and work my way up to longer lighter strands. Follow the flow of natural hair, and with some luck, a drop shadow and a lot of time, you'll have a descent head of hair.

The Truthful Liar
06-14-2002, 08:15 AM
You did the hair strand by strand practically?!? :eek:

KMan
06-14-2002, 08:23 AM
Nah, I used the force to grow the hair.

Grafox
06-14-2002, 08:29 AM
Nah, I used the force to grow the hair.
ROFL

Droidekas
06-14-2002, 09:48 AM
I found this at poster.something, I think you can get some idea of the materlial of the cape and belt. The belt appears to be high quality leather. If you can find a bigger poster somewhere it help a lot.

http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/130/009_528-056.jpg

KMAN, you don't use a graphic pen tablet whatchamacallit thing by any chance? You skins are amazing!

Luuke
06-14-2002, 09:50 AM
Grafox, yoy'll get your chance to skin it.
i'm at university right now, when i'm home i'll send you what you need.

Garik Loran
06-14-2002, 09:52 AM

What do you need? I can send you the texturemaps Kman made when I am at home. I have not made a glm out of the model yet, I always get some errors with the UVmapping. Hey Kman, I'll send you an e-mail about this later, maybe you know what's wrong.

Grafox
06-14-2002, 01:41 PM
It would be great if you send me the texturemaps along with the model, so I can see how my textures look on them.

But I think Luuke knows exactly what I mean, so I am awaiting his email :)

Pedantic
06-15-2002, 01:14 AM
It isn't eye shadow. It is the drain on his eyes from years of exposure and training in the dark side of the force. Look at the reference pics of Dooku as well as for Palpatine, you'll see what I mean.

I dunno, when I looked at the pictures, I didn't see nearly as much as I do on the skin.

omar_torres
06-16-2002, 08:29 AM
Hey Abs, what did you mean by that comment dude? Are you mad at me or something? I meant no disrespect, and sithlord did tell me he was going to use my skin for the Red version of Exar. That's what i was referring to. Oh well, Here is a little bit of info for y'all:
Garik is working on uv mapping and turning it into a GLM, once that's done, I'll get to the skinning. I'll keep you all posted with screenshots. OH yeah btw, I didn't ever make a Vader skin Garik, i believe that was someone else.

Garik Loran
06-16-2002, 10:04 AM
KMan has UVmapped the model, now I am just converting it to glm when I've assigned the parts and skeleton.
And the thing with the Vader skin, yeah was my fault, I think I mixed something up. :D
That's the problem when you are a genious. :p

Luuke
06-16-2002, 04:43 PM
where are my posts??? on this new server about 10 post of mine are missing... well, not that those were important, but i have been degraded to Pit Droid:mad:

Grafox
06-16-2002, 06:26 PM
Yeah, where are my posts??? Gone?!

Anyways here's the screenshot again:

http://home.quicknet.nl/qn/prive/j.hagmeijer/dooku4young.jpg

Grafox
06-16-2002, 07:00 PM
Here's an update screeny:

http://home.quicknet.nl/qn/prive/j.hagmeijer/dooku1.jpg

Lucko Mabri
06-16-2002, 08:21 PM
Lol. Grafox your young dooku looks like a spoilt brat :D it looks great man!

-Lucko Mabri

p.s-is he crosseyed in the 2nd pic?

Grafox
06-16-2002, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by Lucko Mabri
Lol. Grafox your young dooku looks like a spoilt brat :D it looks great man!

-Lucko Mabri

p.s-is he crosseyed in the 2nd pic?

hehe, it's the model and angle that make the crosseyes. His nose ridge(sp?) is to big.

Thanks for the comments.

Darth Odisse
06-16-2002, 08:59 PM
Here's an image of the "younger" Dooku when he was still a Jedi with his Padawan Qui-Gon, taken from Holonet News:

http://www.holonetnews.com/54/news/img/story_1b.jpg

http://www.holonetnews.com/54/news/1352_1.html

He seems to have very long side burns like this:

http://christopherleeweb.com/modules.php?set_albumName=album01&id=abu&op=modload&name=Image_Gallery&file=index&include=view_photo.php

With a smaller goatee style beard like this:

http://christopherleeweb.com/modules.php?set_albumName=album01&id=aha&op=modload&name=Image_Gallery&file=index&include=view_photo.php

Grafox
06-16-2002, 09:07 PM
Ah, thank you very much for the reference man!!! I did not have any until now!!!
Thanks

But remember I am not making a young Christopher Lee, but a young Dooku :D

Luuke
06-16-2002, 09:25 PM

hehe, it's the model and angle that make the crosseyes. His nose ridge(sp?) is to big.

Thanks for the comments.

yes i know, that model was "not so good", i'd like to see a pic of your skin on the new model...

Grafox
06-16-2002, 09:30 PM
Here you go:

http://home.quicknet.nl/qn/prive/j.hagmeijer/dookuupdate.jpg

And if you like to have a look at the skin in realtime: Use this for the head skin in max

http://home.quicknet.nl/qn/prive/j.hagmeijer/dooku_head.jpg

Tap[RR]
06-16-2002, 10:25 PM
Looks alot better now that the model is fixed, though on complaint grafox, his hair line isnt like the refrence, maybe make it les bowl haired, the bowl seems to kind of give it an eh... Well least to me, cant wait to see kmans on the fixed head ^_^. Keep up the good work

Grafox
06-16-2002, 10:34 PM
Better?

http://home.quicknet.nl/qn/prive/j.hagmeijer/dookuupdate.jpg

Delmar
06-16-2002, 10:38 PM
he looks like the gay flight attendant from the foo fighters' "learning to fly" video.

Tap[RR]
06-16-2002, 10:46 PM
Yeah kinda, picture a V like dracula cut, sort of, that picture on page 3 has a sort of V, hehe.. Great though, improving, looks better ^_^.

Luuke
06-16-2002, 11:05 PM
i think i know where the problem is: it's the eyes!
i send you your textures slightly altered... i wanted to know what dooku would look between the age of your skin and the dooku in the films, so i played around with your skin.
look at the eyes i did, makes him much more dooku!

edit:
http://home.t-online.de/home/0236859584/SWJK2/dooku_young_screenshot.jpg
here's the picture (garik lend me his ftp;) )
NOTE: ALL CREDIT FOR THE SKIN GOES TO GRAFOX!!! IT'S HIS INCREDIBLE WORK!

Grafox
06-16-2002, 11:29 PM
I got your email, you are right. I'll use yours as a refference :)

Grafox
06-16-2002, 11:56 PM
Update:

http://home.quicknet.nl/qn/prive/j.hagmeijer/dookuupdate2.jpg

žith Lord
06-17-2002, 12:10 AM
The lips on both your's and Kman's look a little off, maybe its the shape, or its too red. just some cc for ya. great model

Luuke
06-17-2002, 12:16 AM
exactly what i meant. looking nice, you are very talented!
always a pleasure to work with you!:D

Tap[RR]
06-17-2002, 12:22 AM
Wh...WHOA! Big improvement really great, luuke is right you are talented, keep it up man. I think it was the eyes drawing too much attention cause now the hair seems to fit. Very nice, looks like dooku, in fact i hope kman sort of redoes his eye bags like yours ^_-.

Grafox
06-17-2002, 01:57 AM
Another update:
http://home.quicknet.nl/qn/prive/j.hagmeijer/dookuupdate3.jpg

I want to thank you guys for supporting me and giving good critisism!

Luuke
06-17-2002, 02:03 AM
this is getting better and better!!!

Tap[RR]
06-17-2002, 02:36 AM
Tell me about it ;) greaaat work grafox. Only thing that seems out of place is his lips i guess, everything else is purrrr fffeeect. ^_^ Cant wait to see the rest of it ^_^.

DarthDarth
06-17-2002, 02:39 AM
Is it just me or does young dooku look so freaked out he just crapped himself, or he is really high and is watching birds...

Make his eyes more in his head, and his lips kinds bother me a little, I think the rest of his is great though

DarthDarth

Grafox
06-17-2002, 03:23 AM
Originally posted by Tap[RR]
Tell me about it ;) greaaat work grafox. Only thing that seems out of place is his lips i guess, everything else is purrrr fffeeect. ^_^ Cant wait to see the rest of it ^_^.

Thanks man!
About the lips, I can't put my finger on what is wrong :(

nucular_jedi_14
06-17-2002, 03:37 AM
and the eyes are too buggish!

Nanodagiardino
06-17-2002, 03:37 AM
Originally posted by DarthDarth
Is it just me or does young dooku look so freaked out he just crapped himself, or he is really high and is watching birds...
DarthDarth

LOL, That was a load of laughter, almost crapped from it myself!:lol: :lol:

inbredyokel
06-17-2002, 03:38 AM
I might have missed something here, but wouldn't a light side young Count Dooku be Sifo-Dyas?

nucular_jedi_14
06-17-2002, 03:39 AM
it a young dooku, lol that is hillarious, Nano!

nucular_jedi_14
06-17-2002, 03:41 AM
the movie never explained who sifo-dyas really was.

Garik Loran
06-17-2002, 03:46 AM
Originally posted by inbredyokel
I might have missed something here, but wouldn't a light side young Count Dooku be Sifo-Dyas?
No I think not.
Sifo-Dyas was a jedi, yoda, windu and kenobi knew him. So Sifo-Dyas was not Dooku, that's for sure.
Who he really was is not told in Ep2.

inbredyokel
06-17-2002, 03:54 AM
I'm pretty sure Dooku was Sifo-Dyas. The idea was that he faked his own death 10 years earlier to cross to the dark side.
When talking to obi-wan while he was held captive in that force field thing Dooku even says that just as obi-wan was qui-gon's padawan, qui-gon was his padawan, and that he never told qui-gon how deep the corruption in the senate went. Later, when yoda is fighting dooku, one of them also says something about yoda having been dooku's teacher at one time.

Tap[RR]
06-17-2002, 03:59 AM
rofl rofl rofl. Jesus didnt you pay attention? He didnt fake his death he left the order he simply quit. Everyone knew he quit hes 20th of the lost 20, bunch of jedis who let their jedi duties go and took on a normal life. ;)

Pnut_Man
06-17-2002, 04:26 AM
Uh this is kinda off topic, but hows the old ep2 count dooku coming along? hehe...

inbredyokel
06-17-2002, 04:35 AM
Yes, I did pay attention, and NOWHERE in the movie was the term "lost 20" mentioned, and nowhere was it actually stated that Dooku was a jedi that "just left" the jedi order. Maybe you read the novel or something and have more back info, but for an audience without any background information the movie definitely gives the impression that Dooku is Sifo-Dyas (pretty much everyone I've talked to about the movie hasn't even questioned this).
I suppose it's my own fault for not reading the novel, comic books, starwars.com databank, or holonet updates. I just saw the movie and didn't pay attention. Stupid me. You were quite justified in "rolling on the floor laughing" and insulting my intelligence. :rolleyes:

EmperorJello
06-17-2002, 04:57 AM
Actually, Jocasta Nu was supposed to explain to Obi-Wan about Dooku and the Lost Twenty, but the scene was cut in interests of time.

So many informative scenes were cut... it's sad, really.

nucular_jedi_14
06-17-2002, 05:27 AM
dang why did they have to cut them!LoL

SirYawnalot
06-17-2002, 05:44 AM
Well like the Yokel, I only saw the film, didn't read the novels or anything. However it was quite clear to me that Sifo Dyas was not Dooku. For a start, Kenobi obviously recognised who Dooku was, but in his report he never stated that Dooku was Sifo Dyas. For another thing... you say Dooku faked his death so he could leave the Jedi Order and start a life as a Dark Jedi. Then WHY exactly would Dooku have rejoined the Jedi, only to leave again?? There's obviously something screwy about Sifo Dyas though, maybe he's actually Palpatine/Sidious. That would explain how he first met Dooku, and how Sidious developed his Force powers.

nucular_jedi_14
06-17-2002, 05:47 AM
check it out at www.jediknightii.net !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pnut_Man
06-17-2002, 09:56 AM
Like i said before, hows the ep2 dooku model coming along....hehe..

Grafox
06-17-2002, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by Pnut_Master
Like i said before, hows the ep2 dooku model coming along....hehe..
Yeah, I want to know too, but we'll have to wait for Kman, I guess.

Grafox
06-17-2002, 03:07 PM
Anyways, I was wondering, how far are you guys in making a working glm?

BradFu
06-17-2002, 03:27 PM
Sifo-Dyas was a seperate Jedi Master, formerly on the council. After he died, Palpatine and/or Dooku ordered the clone army in his name. Dooku is not Sifo-Dyas.

It's pretty clear if you pay close attention. EARLY in the film, they're discussing Dooku. They know him, and they know him AS Dooku. Remember Windu's line about how Dooku can't be involved in the assassination attempt because he was a Jedi? Later, Obi-Wan clearly knows who Sifo-Dyas is, and knows he died over 10 years ago. Dooku's alternate name is Darth Tyrannus.

So essentially, you're all right, though some are only half-right. Sifo-Dyas's name was used by either Dooku or Palpatine, so after a fashion, one of them was Sifo-Dyas.

Grafox
06-17-2002, 04:18 PM
Just 2 quick updates:

http://home.quicknet.nl/qn/prive/j.hagmeijer/dookuupdate4.jpg

http://home.quicknet.nl/qn/prive/j.hagmeijer/dookuupdate5.jpg

I think I made him look less stoned :)

nucular_jedi_14
06-17-2002, 04:40 PM
they still look like he shiit him self.....

Grafox
06-17-2002, 04:42 PM
Well, come with a suggestion on how to improve them then.

Luuke
06-17-2002, 05:29 PM
looking very good, i like the clothes very much!!!
for the eyes i have a suggestion, although i don't know if that will do it...
yours look like < ( ) > i mean the brown iris is covered by the eyelids at the top AND at the bottom. if you have a closer look at the pic i sent you the iris is only covered by the upper eyelid a bit, but you can see it fully at the bottom like this < U >
and i think your iris (that of your skin ofcourse) should be a little smaller.

Grafox
06-17-2002, 05:34 PM
How about this:

http://home.quicknet.nl/qn/prive/j.hagmeijer/dookuupdate6.jpg

Luuke
06-17-2002, 05:36 PM
better, but the whole iris is still a bit too large

edit: i sent you a mail, to show you what i mean...
pictures say more than 1000 words

Grafox
06-17-2002, 05:42 PM
But look, this is what you get when the iris is smaller:
http://home.quicknet.nl/qn/prive/j.hagmeijer/irissmall.jpg

Luuke
06-17-2002, 05:44 PM
well, just make him look down a bit, should work

Grafox
06-17-2002, 05:46 PM
Final try :)
http://home.quicknet.nl/qn/prive/j.hagmeijer/irismiddle.jpg

Luuke
06-17-2002, 05:47 PM
U GOT IT!!! looking good now

--------------------
you're welcome!

Grafox
06-17-2002, 05:48 PM
Good, thanks for the help.

Sinister1
06-17-2002, 05:53 PM
Impressive work!

SirYawnalot
06-17-2002, 06:26 PM
Ohh man!!! The skin is *perfect*!! Exactly what I imagine a younger version of Dooku would look like. Just make sure you get the animations right-- he's a very lordly character so he's got to have a noble, powerful stance. None of this slouchiness we see with the in-game JK2 models. And I'm getting this horrible feeling that I'm kind of dictating what to do, so I'll shut up now before it gets any worse. :p

Grafox
06-17-2002, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by SirYawnalot
Ohh man!!! The skin is *perfect*!! Exactly what I imagine a younger version of Dooku would look like. Just make sure you get the animations right-- he's a very lordly character so he's got to have a noble, powerful stance. None of this slouchiness we see with the in-game JK2 models. And I'm getting this horrible feeling that I'm kind of dictating what to do, so I'll shut up now before it gets any worse. :p
Thanks!

About the animations: We cannot give the model other animations then the default JK2 ones. Simply because of the fact that it is impossible unless you have SoftImage, a kind of high priced piece of software ($ 4000 wasn't it??)

remark 666
06-17-2002, 11:18 PM

Thanks!

About the animations: We cannot give the model other animations then the default JK2 ones. Simply because of the fact that it is impossible unless you have SoftImage, a kind of high priced piece of software ($ 4000 wasn't it??)

*cough*KaZaA*cough*

and it does look very good (bot hthe model and the skin) but the lips (on the skin) look really weird, makes him look gay (yes, the gay you're thinking off right now) ;)

morphius_doh
06-17-2002, 11:23 PM
Why not use a refereance photo and apply it to the model.

Grafox
06-17-2002, 11:32 PM

*cough*KaZaA*cough*

*cough*Still, I won't know how to use it*cough*

but the lips (on the skin) look really weird, makes him look gay (yes, the gay you're thinking off right now) ;)

And LOL, exactly the gay I am thinking of right now :D

nucular_jedi_14
06-18-2002, 02:07 AM
looks scared but it defintly looks way better and i'll download it!

DarthDarth
06-18-2002, 02:20 AM
You have done it, he no longer looks like he crapped himself....he still gives me that high watching birds feeling though, oh well. Maybe if you look at anyone that close in the force they look high. I'm gonna get in peoples face for the next hour to test this, I hope no one beats me up.....

DarthDarth

Luuke
06-18-2002, 02:26 AM
well, that he's looking up a bit can be easily explained. first it's the perspective of the model, second, when you put the skeleton on the model he will stand like all the other models, which means slightly leaning forward. so with him looking up you will look directly into his "evil" eyes

edit: BTW, i hope Kman will come up with his skin for the OLD familiar dooku soon, but i know he is a really busy man as he is/was working on yoda, maul and aayla, as far as i know. and i'm quite sure he is doing much more.

SithBrakiss
06-18-2002, 03:17 AM

*cough*Still, I won't know how to use it*cough*

i have a instruction manual somewhere.
My cousin owns it and let me read how to use it.

KMan
06-18-2002, 05:51 AM
Quick Update on the Dooku skin.

http://www.planetquake.com/polycount/cottages/kman/images/projects/jk/dooku5.jpg

pud1
06-18-2002, 05:59 AM
woooooooooooooow!
that looks great
nothing i see wrong with it, good job ;)

BradFu
06-18-2002, 06:11 AM
Looks great Kman!!

Delmar
06-18-2002, 06:57 AM
wow. as far as i can tell that skin is RIGHT on the money

Luuke
06-18-2002, 07:22 AM
WOW. outstanding work!!! looking very good.
seeing the model skined, i just changed a little bit on my model, only two vertextes. it makes the jawbone a little smaller and so it looks even a bit better! sending it to you right now!

morphius_doh
06-18-2002, 07:51 AM
All I gotta say is Holy $hit!! This is a kick a$$ model!!

Darth Crotch
06-18-2002, 08:15 AM
he needs more of a beer belly! =)

still looks awesome though

FuNiSuK
06-18-2002, 09:03 AM
wow.... didn't think anyone can make him look like the movie one.

Cookz
06-18-2002, 09:10 AM
When will it be up for d/l?

peloquin
06-18-2002, 09:15 AM
full on! that rocks great work man :)

Rory_Vetack
06-18-2002, 09:25 AM
I must say that that is indeed a Great looking model, all we would need to complete it would be a Dooku/Tyranus Sbaer hilt that does not clip....

Grafox
06-18-2002, 01:04 PM
Looking great kman!

masterofmayhem
06-18-2002, 01:28 PM
How much longer until this episode 2 Count Dooku (Old looking) is out? It is looking fantastic! Great likeness in that lastest update, excpet i reckon his chain that holds his cape on is silver in the movie, not gold.

Coming packaged with the Dooku lightsaber?

It just hasn't been satisfying using a capeless dooku, even with the right saber!

Looks like i'll get my fix when this comes out!

Now if only someone would do a sweet Emperor Plapatine so i can have Maul, Vader, Dooku and Palps!

I guess it would be a pretty hard model to make though!

ReIIiK
06-18-2002, 01:37 PM
Wow Kman thats looking awsome, with some alterations to the model it will be like looking at a photo :)

Grafox
06-18-2002, 03:36 PM
Kman, I have a problem with rendering my model. Perhaps you have solved it already, or perhaps Luuke knows an answer.
When I render the back of my cape, it uses the texture for the inside of the cape (inside=red at yours).

edit:
I think I've found out what is wrong. The basic map is wrong, can you send me the one you used? grafox@quicknet.nl

Luuke
06-18-2002, 04:03 PM
@ ReIIiK: like i said i already changed the jawbone, because in my opinion that was the clearest difference between my model and the real dooku.

@ Grafox: well, you must wait for an answer by KMan, that's a UVMapping problem and i know nearly nothing anout it.

@ masterofmayhem: the chain is more golden than silver, on some pics it doesn't seem so but that's because of the light. on one promo-pic i have you can see clearly that it is gold

@ Darth Crotch: beer belly?! hehe, you should see him from the side, he HAS a beer belly:D

@ all: thank you for all the kind words. i won't tell you anything about release dates, because a few hours before the date, this thread would be full of "hey it's time" and "gimme gimme", i don't want that. the current status is, that the bot-files are ready, also the taunts. as far as i know we are allowed to include the saber-hilt into our .pk3, the hardest thing will be to get the model into the game, that will come next

nucular_jedi_14
06-18-2002, 05:06 PM
it's cool to know that we will be geting both an old and young model of dooku!!

T-Dogg
06-18-2002, 06:17 PM
Dizzam that looks good! Off tha hizzle fo' shizzle!

Pnut_Man
06-18-2002, 09:03 PM
Updated Picture kicks ass, so accurate to Count Dooku

Impressive, MOst impressive..

Grafox
06-18-2002, 10:09 PM
For the fans:
http://home.quicknet.nl/qn/prive/j.hagmeijer/dooku.html

It's a fully 3d view of young Dooku. You can circle around him 360 degrees.

You have to have viewpoint installed, if you don't, the link is on the page.

Ow, and it's still a WIP, the cape is all wrong.

Lucko Mabri
06-18-2002, 11:31 PM
wow. :eek:

Archmv03
06-18-2002, 11:41 PM
RELEASE HIM!

Uber Sith
06-18-2002, 11:48 PM
The skin looks great.....But.. Please get rid of the man boobs hahahahaha..... i know there tradmark old people but not dooku hahahahaha

Looks amazing though cant wait for it :D :D :D :D :D :D

Headcharge
06-19-2002, 12:19 AM
Great job, it looks great. I love Count Dooku / Darth Tyranus, so much. I love his saber stance as well, right when I saw Episode II I knew he was influenced by a fencing style of sabering. Incredibly effective, very smart and strong one he is.

:deathstar

Garik Loran
06-19-2002, 12:54 AM
Originally posted by Archmv03
RELEASE HIM!
We will, when it's finished!

Sithcloak
06-19-2002, 03:08 AM
Can you give us a estimated amount of time before release?

Its looks great.

Sithcloak

Rory_Vetack
06-19-2002, 04:13 AM
Congratulations Garik Loran and Luuke, So far your model is TIED for 1st place in my "Most Wanted Models" poll, who are you tied with? Kinja's Yoda!!!

Rory_Vetack
06-19-2002, 04:17 AM
Want to turn the tables on my POLL? then all who want Dooku come VOTE!!!!

KMan
06-19-2002, 05:07 AM
http://www.planetquake.com/polycount/cottages/kman/images/projects/jk/dooku6.jpg

Just have the hands and rest of hair to finish.

adillon
06-19-2002, 05:11 AM
kman, it's *BLEEP* eerie how much that looks like christopher lee, and you're NOT even pasting an actual picture of him on there ... incredible. keep up the great work!

Headcharge
06-19-2002, 05:11 AM
Good job Kman, that looks amazing, I can't wait to play as Dooku, with his wonderful saber hilt :).

morphius_doh
06-19-2002, 05:13 AM
Will the cape be modeled seperately, so that it's no flush to his back? If so, have you animated it?

Rory_Vetack
06-19-2002, 05:13 AM
UPDATE- Come on, Dooku has been beaten in the poll, he now is in second with 5, while Yoda leads with 7!!!!

VOTE and avenge this loss!

Garik Loran
06-19-2002, 05:37 AM
Originally posted by morphius_doh
Will the cape be modeled seperately, so that it's no flush to his back? If so, have you animated it?
I don't know what's possible yet. The skeleton is not attached to the model yet, so right now it has no animations.
We'll see, and until all this is clear I cannot promise anything about the release. Just be patient!

Luuke
06-19-2002, 05:37 AM
The skin is awesome, the details look so ****** great, the boots are perfect, the chain is fantastic, the face looks outstanding...
i could go on for hours!!!!
I'm really very happy that KMan and Grafox are doing so well on the skins, i couldn't think of a better skinner duo! thank you guys!

ben111
06-19-2002, 06:23 AM
hey i dunno if its too late for this, but i think count dooku had more of a gut in the movie, the model looks a bit too slim.

otherwise it looks great!

CheshireKat
06-19-2002, 06:27 AM
Damn Kman!

Beautiful Skin! Cant wait for this one.

alaris
06-19-2002, 07:07 AM
kman@polycount---you ever written any skinning tutorials? If so, I would love to follow your footsteps. ryanhutchings@excite.com The detail is fantastic. How did you make those boots look shiny?

Thanks man.

dreddsnott
06-19-2002, 07:56 AM
Spectacular effort, great-looking so far...

But I second ben111 on the model's proportions...plus Dooku's got himself some nasty-looking hands. :-)

I'm only saying this because I love you very much and I could give you all a big kiss!

Uber Sith
06-19-2002, 11:51 AM
OH MY GOD THAT LOOKS GREAT.....

and with only back of hair and some small adjustments to go id say itll be ready for release in a matter of hours.. hehehehe

LOOKS AMAZING... CANT WAIT TO TAKE SOME NAMES WITH THIS MODEL

Luuke
06-19-2002, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by dreddsnott
Spectacular effort, great-looking so far...

But I second ben111 on the model's proportions...plus Dooku's got himself some nasty-looking hands. :-)

I'm only saying this because I love you very much and I could give you all a big kiss!

one or two pages before, Grafox posted a 3d Viewer where you can have a look at this model from all angles. if you look from the side, you will see that dooku isn't Mister Universum.
and the hands look strange, because KMan has not finished the hand-skin yet.

Grafox
06-19-2002, 05:05 PM
http://home.quicknet.nl/qn/prive/j.hagmeijer/dooku.html

Just so he doesn't have to search.

Arco
06-19-2002, 05:22 PM
very nice skin there kman. I think it still needs some work on the cloth tho. At the moment it doesn't seem like real cloth. I would make the highlights less sharp to give it a smoother feel and also please tone down his chest... I am sure he wasn't that big in the chest area. I really like how the face has come along though.... EVIL! great stuff dude!

Arco

SirYawnalot
06-19-2002, 05:52 PM
It's gonna take longer than a few hours... the model hasn't got any animations yet remember?

Grafox
06-19-2002, 09:49 PM
Anyways, Luuke, got any idea on what the next project is gonna be? If you need a skinner, I am available. I enjoyed working with you guys.

Luuke
06-19-2002, 10:20 PM
Anyways, Luuke, got any idea on what the next project is gonna be? If you need a skinner, I am available. I enjoyed working with you guys.

well, i can only give back tho compliments. it was a pleasure to work with you, too. well, at first we will of course try to finish this model... then we will see.
i would like to do Han Solo, as nobody else has done him yet, or the young emperor seen in the "dark Empire" comic books. but maybe it will be someone completely different. but that's still in a far future as my priority now is to finish dooku.

JangoFett41
06-19-2002, 11:43 PM
Dooku is definately not as big of a bad ass as Maul was but he is cool nonetheless. Can't wait till he comes out. Keep up the good work.

Tap[RR]
06-20-2002, 07:21 AM
Pft, maul is weak compared to dooku. No way maul could stand ground against yoda like dooku did, even though dooku got beat pretty bad by yoda, he was able to hold ground against the lightning struggle. So anyways, great job guys, heh, maybe a kit fisto model next? Who knows! ;)

KMan
06-20-2002, 09:03 AM
Alaris- I put a shader on the boots. It is a very toned down env map. There is also a bit of this on the belt area, but in considerable less quantity.

Yes, the hands are pretty bad, I haven't done much on them till that point. Only put in the basic parts (knuckles, tendons, nails, creases and then the tones. Still have to hage those as well.

And about the chest area, I've been fighting with it deciding on how I want it. Still haven't decided yet.

Luuke
06-20-2002, 06:36 PM
take your time. i'd rather prefer a good skin than a fast-finished skin.
as for the chest. a little less muscles, but it wasn't really bad!
and could you put lesser creases on the stomach, then he would look a little "fatter" because his cloth arent too large any more.
still, fantastic work!!!!!!!

Eklin
06-21-2002, 12:44 AM
Personally, I think his face is just a tad bit too shiny. And his bottom lip needs to stick out more. It looks like he has an overbite right now.
Otherwise, this is one of the best models I've ever seen.

artik88
06-21-2002, 03:06 AM
this Count Dooku model is very sweet!!!!!! BUT shouldn't Dooku's cape be a lighter brown? cause in my pics of Dooku his cape is brown.

:saberr:

Luuke
06-21-2002, 03:19 AM
nope! like all those sith dooku is wearing all black clothes, well except the red/brown interior of his cape and the belt

alaris
06-21-2002, 06:23 AM
Kman---thanks for your reply. I will have to try that shaders effect. I think I saw a tutorial on it. Chest and hands look great already. I still can't figure out how you got the beard and hair to look so good. I am a beginner modeler, but I have innate artistic talent. I enjoy drawing caricatures of people, so 3d modeling real people has great appeal to me. Dream job would be to be a 3d modeler for some game company but that fantasy stretches thin with the likes of you in competition.

I'm working on a model right now that looks pretty good for a first model. Where did you learn to skin like that? Do you use any special tools like that pen and pad thingy? Your website looks good btw. check mine out (still needs optimized and doesn't have my model on it--yet)--

http://users.cableaz.com/~ryan_hutchings

Darth_Tyranus
06-21-2002, 10:27 AM
*waves hand*
You want to release this model.
You want to release this model now.

- Darth Tyranus [SITH]

KMan
06-21-2002, 01:16 PM
The 'shine' or overall brightness in the pics is because I turned the ambient lighting up to about 50%. That and the lights I have on are washing out some of the picture. I'll try to fix this. I'll maybe even post a pic of the flat.

Alaris- Yeah, I use a tablet. I would recommend you get one. You have some good line work and that will make a world of difference. Although you need to work on your colors. Try taking some of those inked pics and use Paintshop Pro or whatever you use and try getting some cg work done on those. Although I would highly recommend getting Photoshop. It is just better than PSP. I should know. I've used that to do skins since v3 or 4.

remark 666
06-21-2002, 01:24 PM
very cool skin kman :)

nomad
06-21-2002, 02:09 PM
masterofmayhem,
there is a Very nice looking emperor being made by Toonces. There's a thread on these boards for it. It's coming along, and hopefully will be out not far apart from this Dooku.

Can't wait for this one! Looking real good.
Good luck getting it in game.

Let's see, The Emperor, Darth Maul, Lord Tyranus, Darth Vader
vs.
Luke... wow, we need some Jedi to adjust the balance.
Of course there are some jedi WIP just as Dooku and The Emperor. So I guess it may be balanced by then. Right now, lots of jedi skins but few models.

-nomad

MTFBWY

nucular_jedi_14
06-21-2002, 02:26 PM
Can't wait to get my hands on it!
LOL

Luuke
06-22-2002, 08:31 PM
so, nothing new about dooku to report.

i have been busy lately, so there are no updates at the moment.

so, this more or less just an ordinary bump.

edit: alot of "so" in the post, so please don't post about my bad english.

SithBrakiss
06-22-2002, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by nomad
masterofmayhem,
there is a Very nice looking emperor being made by Toonces. There's a thread on these boards for it. It's coming along, and hopefully will be out not far apart from this Dooku.

Can't wait for this one! Looking real good.
Good luck getting it in game.

Let's see, The Emperor, Darth Maul, Lord Tyranus, Darth Vader
vs.
Luke... wow, we need some Jedi to adjust the balance.
Of course there are some jedi WIP just as Dooku and The Emperor. So I guess it may be balanced by then. Right now, lots of jedi skins but few models.

-nomad

MTFBWY

NOOOOOOO!
Sidious Vs. Yoda,Obi Wan vs. Tyranus,Maul vs. Qui Gonn,and Vader vs. Luke!

PnutJedi
06-22-2002, 09:37 PM
Oh the giant sith wars we will have on the zone :)..*sigH*

KOP_+GOD'sLion+
06-22-2002, 09:54 PM
Good work, if you are looking for a good dooku saber hilt go to
http://www.jediknightii.net/files/index.php?link=file&id=587

:wookiee:

Grafox
06-23-2002, 05:18 PM
bump :D

El_graco
06-23-2002, 05:29 PM
VERY COOL MODEL

DARTH TYRANUS IS COOL AND SO IS HIS SABER : lol

TAKE YOUR TIME AND GET IT PERFECT AS IT IS VERY COOL

Pedantic
06-24-2002, 04:46 PM
Looks better, but it seems to me that the part of his face under his nose should be lengthed a little...if you know what I mean.

KMan
06-25-2002, 06:19 AM
Ok, I'm to the point where I don't think there is much else to add/change to the skin. Also adjusted the model's cape.

http://www.polycount.com/cottages/kman/images/projects/jk/dooku7.jpg

masterofmayhem
06-25-2002, 07:05 AM
That looks SWEET-ASS!

Can't wait to use him!

adillon
06-25-2002, 07:24 AM
kman, the skin is looking incredible. glad to hear you don't think there's much else to add or change. it might just be me, or maybe the image is really dark, but is his cape brown on both sides? as far as i can tell it looks like only the inner lining is brown.

i don't know if this can really help you at this point, but go to the lucasarts 20th annniversary page that features some really cool 3d models from various lucasarts games - www.lucasarts.com/20th/3dgallery/. dooku is there, and you can spin him around (whee!) and zoom in on him (not so close!). maybe it can show you some things you may have missed, although from the looks of your *BLEEP* incredible skin, i doubt it.

great work! ROCK ON!

KMan
06-25-2002, 07:39 AM
Yeah, thats where I changed the colors from. I thought that his upper clothing was a bit earthy, couldn't tell from all the pictures. But I did turn the saturation on the cape lining down a bit. I'll adjust it so it is less similar.

Darth Odisse
06-25-2002, 07:49 AM
I always thought his tunic was black:

http://perso.wanadoo.fr/epizode2/count_dooku.jpg

http://www.darkhorizons.com/2002/sw2/sw33.jpg

http://perso.wanadoo.fr/epizode2/4_bg.jpg

http://perso.wanadoo.fr/epizode2/yodaaa.jpg

http://www.darkhorizons.com/2002/sw2/sw28.jpg

http://www.vengeance-unlimited.org/Jedi%20Outcast/Episode%20II/Count%20Dooku/spoiler-anakin.jpg

http://www.vengeance-unlimited.org/Jedi%20Outcast/Episode%20II/Count%20Dooku/Sith_Lightning.jpg

http://www.vengeance-unlimited.org/Jedi%20Outcast/Episode%20II/Count%20Dooku/Dooku_Yoda_Duel.jpg

http://www.vengeance-unlimited.org/Jedi%20Outcast/Episode%20II/Count%20Dooku/Count%20Dooku.jpg

http://www.vengeance-unlimited.org/Jedi%20Outcast/Episode%20II/Count%20Dooku/Dooku.jpg