PDA

View Full Version : Texture Locations

Elliot334
05-27-2002, 11:21 PM
Ok, quick question, how do I change a model file so it looks for it’s textures in a different directory.

Such as, say I edit a saber skin, I copy the model files into a new directory, “saber_bob” for example. Now, the model will however, still look for it’s skin in “saber_reborn” or wherever so the skin will not have changed.

So, how would I get “saber_w.glm” to look for the file “saber.jpg” in models/weapons2/saber_bob/saber.jpg rather than models/weapons2/saber_reborn/saber.jpg.

Or am I just being really confusing? I take it I need a modeling program, I have milkshape 3d, if that helps, I wish ravens ModView would let me do it, but I don’t think you can edit anything with that program.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

MessiahErebus
05-27-2002, 11:44 PM
why not just replace the reborn one. You could go and change the file that controls it (something like weapons.dat) and have it point to something else...but i don't think you can add a new one, so why not just overwrite the reborn ones?

Elliot334
05-27-2002, 11:51 PM
Yes, I could do that, but this is really just a hypothetical scenario, I know it can be done, the path to the texture file is written into the model. I need to know how to change the path that is in the model.

MessiahErebus
05-28-2002, 03:09 AM
load up 3d studio max, import the model, select a new diffuse map (located in the models/weapons2/whatever you want) in the material editor, and export.

if you don't have 3dsmax, i dunno what to tell you, not familiar with any of the other programs