PDA

View Full Version : The Jedi Acadamy

Aylnon
05-28-2002, 04:41 AM
Does anyone know if this is still around? I heard about it from JediKnightII.net, but cannot find it anywhere. If anyone knows about it, where to find it, or if it even exists still, please, I'd much appreciate. I'm attempting to join the trainers.

NerfYoda
05-28-2002, 12:19 PM
Yes its still around. We're a little inactive right now still getting our server account straightened out.. but its almost done.. *sigh* :)

Guibs
05-28-2002, 04:08 PM
If this is what I really think it is (a place where people teach other the way of the light saber) I am ready to sign is as padawan on the double. Even will to start the lessons before the site goes live..

Dark Begger
05-28-2002, 05:41 PM
lol I've used sabers for a LONG time..and usually ONLY play 1v1 sabers FF and NF....so I know some moves..I'll be glad to teach you some things...haha...I should start up a sabering school. separate from the acadamy...half price! lol...

NerfYoda
05-28-2002, 05:46 PM
Hahaha.. No charge for our services.. but hey thats not a bad idea! :P

And Guibs: yes it is what you think it is, but we're still not accepting students till we got all our ducks in a row on our end. *sigh*

Dark Begger
05-28-2002, 05:50 PM
well..if there's no charge then....not only will I makei t 1/2 the price, I will also take off another 99% of the price after that...lol...I woudln't mind teaching...but I'm in an active clan and compete quite abit..although I'd love to become a teacher in the academy..I'd love a young padawan.

Dark Begger
05-28-2002, 05:51 PM
Hey Guibs, I'll take you as my padawan now...I will train you..whether the Academy likes it or not. LOL

Aegis
05-28-2002, 06:05 PM
Could ya post a link to the academy... Wouldn't mind checking it, maybe apply for a teacher position ;)

NerfYoda
05-28-2002, 06:12 PM
http://academy.jediknightii.net/

Apologies in advance for the parts of the site that are down.. we've had to do a bunch of reshuffling lately w/ the server changes.

Aylnon
05-29-2002, 02:34 AM
NerfYoda, are you accepting signups for trainers? I see you don't want students, but teachers? I'm working on my layout for educating duelers. So far it's been highly effective on two test subjects, and I am constantly seeking more. (Turned a light stance cork-screw fighter into a semi-decent dueler!) If you're interested in testing me out, or whatever, here are my contacts:

ICQ - 62607313

E-mail - renegade256@yahoo.com

Thanks.

And Guibs...beware of Dark Begger! I've seen him about, shady figure, somewhat questionable character...hehe. Only kiddin'! He's cool! Let him show you a few things.

Guibs
05-29-2002, 11:45 AM
If any serious person willing to be my master, love the Star wars universe as much as me and would like to roleplay the entire "Master - Padawan relationship" Than this could really be something I would be looking for. There isn't a better way also to develop friendship...

HertogJan
05-29-2002, 12:14 PM
Eh yes there is a better way, go to a discotheque, bar, school etc ;)

Dark Begger
05-29-2002, 12:27 PM
Alynon..lol...my appearance is humble, but you have yet to experience my power....

anyways...Guibs..I would gladly accept you as my young Padawan, but you must not fall in to the powers of the dark side. Keep anger at the door, and you may come with me as I will teach you the ways of the Jedi.

darth dragon
05-29-2002, 01:31 PM
May i be taught. I have some ex[erince but only in TFF. I need to learn all the moves. At the moment i just hit the buttons and pray. It works for a bit but people soon catch on. Also i have a few kills to my name from the two best powers on the game, Force grip cool for droping people over ledges and lighting good as it knocks away bullets and gets past sheilds. So i can be taught or teach. As for guibs i am willing to be your master if you want. I love star wars too and have seen the Attack of the clones 6 times.:fett: :bdroid2: :deathstar :saberr: :holosid: :speeder: :dtrooper: :x-wing: :vadar:

Ironwolf15
05-29-2002, 02:44 PM
in my clan |RJ| = (Rogue Jedi), we roleplay, and have padawans
that we teach the way of the force to. I turned an ass fighter PURE ass fighter to a good dueler! I am not kidding, he no longer ass fights at all, never even pulls the backstab move.

Wamprat013
05-29-2002, 03:54 PM
now i am NOT in any way trying to impersonate any trainer or teacher at the jedi acadamy, but, I have an application in to teach light stace and light side force, plus i am soon to be trained, by the great masters of the force at the jedi acadamy, i hope to e accepted, and hav talked to ross about it, so.. i am just saying i want to contribiute!
if ne 1 wants to be padiwan-ed by me no prob, send me an e mail at: ironfist013@aol.com
or my aol name is ironfist013
or just click the aol, icq and/or msn buttons at bottom of the post

Dark Begger
05-29-2002, 04:25 PM
Well, I guess I should put up some credentials too then...

I have mastered 1.02 sabering (there are still some servers out there) and I have near-mastered 1.03 (just some FF backstabbing, and FF saberthrowing left that I have to master..their counters, not how to use them). In 1.02, I specialize in heavy stance and medium stance. I can teach the defence of DFA, and the counter, and how to use heavy to your best advantage. I know some great combos for medium, which work great against heavy users...

In 1.03, I am a medium user, with heavy and light as my back ups. I can teach you tricks and tips against nF backstabbers and assfighters, and give insight on the skill required to backsweep/stab effectively. I can also teach the normal swings, but those are pretty straight forward, as combos are quite easy to build.

I can help with force powers, especially absorb, when to turn it on, when not to....If you are llooking to use dark forces, I acnnot help you as I do not use dark side forces. I can teach you the tricks of push and pull, kick and those other things you hear around this forum (not just how to use them effectively, but how to defend against them).

Guibs, if you would like to follow me as my young padawan, then feel free to email me: mixmasterwongy@hotmail.com
or message me:
ICQ = 122181610
AIM = mixmasterwongman
MSN = mixmasterwongy@hotmail.com

Demolisher
05-29-2002, 08:06 PM
I definately need training because sometimes I get my ass kicked so much. Is there a way to sign up as padawans? :) I always play on duel servers, mostly ones with no force. I was doing pretty good until the patch came out. I always use medium and light stances, straffe out of the way a lot, and basically try to use the same ideas I used in Heretic II blading. That was really starting to work until the patch. I love Star Wars so much and it drives me crazy that I suck at this game most of the time that I play it.

NerfYoda
05-29-2002, 09:19 PM
ugh crap crap crap... I really wish our site was up and running right then we could get everyone in on this. Patience i guess.. :(

Aegis
05-29-2002, 10:11 PM
I'm jsut curious to see how the Academy stands up to the critical eye of this community. Whether it will be something that is respected, as in, the player will respected/feared if they attended the Academy, or if it will turn into some sort of joke. I personally hope it doesn't become some sort of joke, but you never know.

BTW, while on the topic of Teachers and Padawans, if any one wants a few tips and training sessions (Notice I won't offer to be a teacher, as I feel one cannot teach skill, it must be attained), pop by KnightHawk's server. I can show you how to make light stance an effcient stance, without use of the pull backstab tactic. Just look for Anduin.

Wamprat013
05-29-2002, 11:28 PM
my question is y is every ne mouthing off at the pull backstab, i never use it, but still, isn't it valid to use cheap ways to win if u want?
fyi guns suck, just disarm player with pull!

Aylnon
05-30-2002, 02:00 AM
I am willing to take on any person new or inexperienced at Saber fighting as a student. Simply e-mail me, or ICQ me:

E-mail: renegade256@yahoo.com

I will take up to five people, and I live on the US East coast, so times are of course, EST. I am unable to train Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and Monday nights before midnight, and sometimes I may have to schedual later, due to my job.

Contact me with any requests, or questions. I'll be happy to help.

darth dragon
05-30-2002, 03:07 PM
I am ready to teach the ways of the darkside and saber skills to any willing JK2 player. I am sure i can teach you mucn but some you can only find out by yourself let me get you started and we may form an unbeatable partnership if you are ready for commitment.:vadar:

Guibs
05-30-2002, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by Dark Begger

Guibs, if you would like to follow me as my young padawan, then feel free to email me: mixmasterwongy@hotmail.com
or message me:
ICQ = 122181610
AIM = mixmasterwongman
MSN = mixmasterwongy@hotmail.com

Master Dark Begger, I have just sent you a personnal eletronic transmission to your personnal electronic ID about this matter. Hope to hear from your soon.

darth dragon
05-30-2002, 06:27 PM
here are some of my credentuials
TFF:12,000/88,000
FF:32,000/138,000
I have mastered all darkside forces o perfection and can handle a lightsaber extremly well. I know all moves off by heart and have even writen a walk through guide to the single-player and multiplayer game. I would like to pass on my knowlage as i am soon to hang up my lightsaber as i have just got MOH:AA. I will be around for two monthes before i leave. But if i find a worthy partner and a worhty clan i may stay on longer to help them to great glory. :vadar:

massadoobie
05-31-2002, 03:16 AM
Damn, it's a good thing we finally got our database access, which means we can finally post the final version of the site (as soon as nerfyoda is done)... if not, it seems we'd be out of business before we start :)

-massadoobie
Site Emperor (nerfyoda is my Vader/Dooku/Maul... i just hope we both don't die), Jedi Academy

Dark Begger
05-31-2002, 03:27 PM
lol, I have drafted Guibs as my padawan, but you could still put me in the Jedi Academy as a teacher and him as my padawan..not difficult, just putting a alraedy made master/padawan group into your list. :D

Darth Black1ce
05-31-2002, 07:36 PM
I will volunteer my services as a HPB, Jedi Master.

I will even repent the dark side.

darth dragon
06-01-2002, 04:15 AM
i my self have a padawan and would like to be rcognised by the acadamy as a willing teacher still.
As for Darth black1ce why give up the darkside as it has many rewards.

Wamprat013
06-01-2002, 01:21 PM
"When to the dark side come things, un-learn what you have learned you must"
-Master Yoda:syoda:

darth dragon
06-01-2002, 01:37 PM
"The darkside is strong all know this and one dy you shall all bow down to me or ur head will end up on a spike." - Darth Dragon

Take heed of my words as one day they shall happen in flesh.

darth dragon
06-01-2002, 01:43 PM
I need some help with my server most of the time i try to join a game it either loads up and then tells me "the Server discconected" or comes up with this message "CL_ParsePacketEntities" can some one plz make sense of this and help me.

darth dragon
06-01-2002, 02:05 PM
HOW LONG TILL WE CAN SIGN UP AS TECHERS. AS ME AND MY PADAWAN (DARTH KAAN) WANT TO BE RECOGNISED IN THE GREAT HALLS OF THE JEDI ACAD. PLZ POST SOON WITH REPLY. PLUS BEGGAR ARE YOU AND YOUR PADAWAN WILLING TO GO TWO ON TWO. PAD V PAD, MASTER V MASTRE REPLY IN THIS THREAD SOON.

massadoobie
06-01-2002, 02:55 PM
long range guess about when we'll open... a week.
short range hopeful guess... anyday now

massadoobie
Hopeful Thinker, Jedi Academy

james_chelliah
06-01-2002, 03:33 PM
I, the newbie, request a teacher, for i want to learn the skills of the jedi. I will take anyone who is good, and offers to take me, as a padawan. I Will respect the jedi who takes me as padawan, and i hope one day, to become as good as my master...

any takers? lol

my msn is : my_name_is_james_hardy@hotmail.com
obviusly my email too. lol. not to sound obnoxius or nythin.:fett:

darth dragon
06-01-2002, 03:38 PM
James i shall take you on as my padawan. If you accept i shall call you Darth Chaos and i shal teach you the darkarts.

james_chelliah
06-02-2002, 12:19 AM
I Am Ready Master. Send a Electronic mail to my place they call, the "inbox".

W/BDragon
06-02-2002, 08:14 PM
The idea of the academy is cool and i hope it works. The only problem i can see is that there's going to be more padwans thans masters.

Anyway good luck.
:duel: :lsduel: :syoda:

BlackDove
06-02-2002, 08:33 PM
I think I'll continue to self-train myself...but I hope this thing works out for ya peeps.

Btw, I see some people think of themselves as masters. Wanna tell me your qualifications?

NerfYoda
06-02-2002, 09:41 PM
There's like 1 more dumb little bug to work out beofre the site can officially open (finally :))

The Fromeister
06-03-2002, 12:43 AM
It's probably just me, but is anyone else reading slight BDSM type undertones into all of this? . . . No didn't think so . . . Guess it's just me then . . . Hey, why are you all looking at me funny like that?

Seriously, though, this sounds really cool. I'll definately be signing up to be a padawan at the first chance I get. I consider myself a fair saberist but I need help in the correct use of combos and special moves as I tend to be a rather stick and jab/jousting type technique interspersed with the use of kick or push/pull when the opportunity presents itself. My skills are severely lacking in the dark side powers and I need some instruction on the correct uses of the heavy and light stances.

Overall I can't wait for the Jedi Academy to get rolling. I look forward to the chance to be able to improve my skill under the watchful eye of an experienced Master.

BlackDove
06-03-2002, 12:45 AM
Again....how do you define a master? The game has been out for 3 months.

The Fromeister
06-03-2002, 01:14 AM
Kal-El, there are obvious differences in skill levels between players. Some people have amazing natural abilities in a game and some, picking up the little nuances faster than anyone else. These people are always a step ahead of people and are always a tad bit better in games. There are also people who have massive amounts of time to simply play a game and learn all there is to learn about the game's mechanics. These people can help those people who have no real natural ability at games and don't have the time to play for long periods of time but wish to improve their skill levels. Those are the people that I would define as "masters". Their skill level is above that of the general player. They have achieved a higher degree of mastery over this game than other players.

And also, how long would you say a game has to be out for there to be "masters"? A game's popularity can last for a short window, maybe less than a year, less than six months even. Will there be no "masters" for such a game? Can there only be "masters" for games with such longeivity as Tribes, Half-Life, Starcraft, or any other of the games that have sustained popularity? What would you define as a "master" of a game?

massadoobie
06-03-2002, 01:58 AM
just a general response, but more specifically geared towards w/bdragon's message... we're not going to be doing the "real" star wars system of padawan/master... there are gonna be WAY too many "padawan's" to have a 1:1 student/teacher ratio... instead we'll be running classes, limited to a certain number that's small enough so that the trainer can help the student one on one, but also teach more than one person at a time. also, we call our trainers trainers (or instructors), not masters... just doesn't seem to fit a computer game, ya know? anyway, we're so close to opening we can taste it...

NerfYoda
06-03-2002, 02:52 AM
Heh it's funny we've already gotten a few applications. I didn't know so may people knew the damn site existed. To all those who have applied (and I'll reply to each individual application I got personally): you were filling out my test application submission, looks just like the real thing.. was just making sure it worked on the jkii.net server. :) Look toward this week sometime!

Master Zod
06-03-2002, 03:05 AM
I cant afford to take long periods of time each day to learn,because of my irregullar and sporatic schedule. However; I would GREATLY appreciate a temporary master. I would like to learn all I can whenever I can. Is anyone willing to take up the job of teaching a padawan the ways of the force in 1 - 2 weeks. This difficult task may only be for the wisest of masters.

P.S. I am tempted towards both sides of the force, but am being pulled in the ways of the dark arts at the moment.:lightning :lightning :lightning :lightning :lightning

darth dragon
06-03-2002, 04:29 PM
Zod i am glad you like the darkside. Are u willing to go 1v1 with me and i shall show u the true strengths of the dark side.

RahnDelSol
06-03-2002, 06:22 PM
Consider me "in"...I'm quite looking forward to this.

I'm not that great at PvP because I refuse to stoop to the "cheap" tactics, and haven't quite figured out how to counter their constant use ;)

But more than anything, I look at this as something new to do with JKII:JO. Anytime you can come up with a new way to play a game, that's only going to be a good thing :D

It gets kinda tiring running around doing multiple deathmatch-type games, it'll be nice to have a chance to do something more relaxed.

Dark Begger
06-03-2002, 06:46 PM
Well, added to this starwars theme, I think if I participate in this It will be like the shaolin temple...and we'll each have our own Sifu...hahahhaha...and then the padawans could have like..weekly..or monthly tournaments where they get promoted into a higher level course...makes sense right?

Dark Begger
06-03-2002, 06:47 PM
man..I love old Jet li/kung fu hong kong movies...LOL

Darth Kaan
06-03-2002, 06:48 PM
I am in as well. As long as I can find a Dark side Master to take me as an apprentice. I have lots of time to learn, practice and play.

Kaan

Dark Begger
06-03-2002, 06:52 PM
Hey here's a suggestion...have one of your members make a skin of a model...first that comes to mind is reborn..or jedi trainer...and make a special 'trainer' skin to put on your servers. Then the padawans will work extra hard to be allowed to wear the 'flashy' trainer clothing. hahha..it would be a status symbol..which would be awesome in my opinion.

BlackDove
06-03-2002, 07:27 PM
Great idea guys, and thx for the quick reply on the ways of the system. Looks goooood ;)

massadoobie
06-04-2002, 01:20 AM
damn dark beggar, not a bad idea... might have to apply that in some fashion :)

Aoshi
06-04-2002, 03:19 PM
Would anyone be interested in accepting me as a padawan? I played for maybe 2 weeks before they patched .02 and became quite proficient at sabering then. Right now i play mainly CTF but i am looking to become a better saberist. I currently employ heavy and light stance, but i am not familiar with many good combos. I also am NOT an assfighter as i detest those people. I do occasionally use DFA but i never used it in .02. Right now i am looking for a challenge and for ways to improve because although i like to have fun, i also enjoy competition. Well anyways just either post back or email me at Mike.T.Yeh@Vanderbilt.edu if you would like to help me improve. Thanks alot.

Phr00t
06-04-2002, 03:42 PM
NerfYoda: I'd like to become a trainer for the Academy.

I run my own dedicated server which is active 24/7, and I play for 8 hours every day. My specialty is the art of mentally defeating my foes. I can eliminate the most confident player's hopes of victory, frustrate the most patient of Jedi, and exploit holes in their weaknesses.
I am also a good teacher. I'm the leader of a clan in which I teach my members the intricate details of the saber. I've taught 4 of them so far. They could hardly defeat anyone in a duel server before I taught them, now they are constantly on top of all their enemies. I teach individual moves and stances, and also the way of knowing when to use them.
My arsenal of tricks is limitless; I use every move in my arsenal to defeat my enemy. My personal favorite is the 'baiting' of my enemy with Light stance, and finishing him off with a quick 3 hit red combo. I've been playing FPS games ever since the first DooM came out, and my personal strategy for victory is to use everything available. Environment, attacks, defences, counterattacks, counterdefences, and my accurate ability to predict incoming danger. I can teach these all to your students.

If you're interested in my services, send me an e-mail.

[DJedi]Phr00t
phroot@shaw.ca

Dark Begger
06-04-2002, 03:57 PM
hehe..thanks massadoobie..just remember this when you're considering hiring trainers..or even better..supervisors...I can go from server to server supervising the classes...hehehe..

Actually, yeah, the Shaolin temple thing would be soo cool..
there would be the 'Grand Masters' who are the top, and do not fight, but rather float around and make sure everything is okay..and they teach only the elitest of people...(possibly the trainers if they are better). Then there are the 'masters' who act as trainers..then there are the 'padawans' who are the trainees... LOL ...I'm getting to in depth with this..anyways mass..I'd like to get involved.

massadoobie
06-04-2002, 04:09 PM
beggar...
haha i was actually referring to the special skins... not sure the shaolin temple would work too well, although we're definitely setting up somewhat of a hierarchy. anyway, we're about to open up the trainer apps, but since you've been so persistent, go ahead and email me massadoobie@academy.jediknightii.net and i'll see what i can do :)

oh, and for any of you (Aoshi is the last message like this i saw), we're opening for students in about three days, hopefully less depending on how fast we can hire a few more trainers and how soon our map guy finishes the map.

darth dragon
06-04-2002, 06:55 PM
Kaan am i not your master do you betray me.

Dark Begger
06-04-2002, 06:57 PM
lol..some padawans are just not serious about their training darth..do not feel it as him betraying you, as you really did not even accept him yet. ;) and mass..I emailed you back...

darth dragon
06-04-2002, 07:02 PM
he had actually exepted me as his master but still one or two stray towards the light. Kaan because you have left me you had better watch your back as i will be looking for u and u don't know how GOOD i am. as for beggar how is it going with Guibs.

Dark Begger
06-04-2002, 07:27 PM
we were supposed to practice this weekend but family matters came up and I could not meet him. I told him to be ready wednesday night.. he's quite into learning from me, which is a good thing.

Replikant
06-04-2002, 09:28 PM
I can't wait for the academy to open for training. I am looking forward to improving my jedi ways and sabering skills to defeat the dark side. :lsduel:

Aoshi
06-04-2002, 11:12 PM
Alright good in about 3 days i should get my new cable modem so i'll be more than willing to train. No more being subservient to the real evil empire.. (Aol). Just let me know where and when the training will begin and i'll be ready. :D

darth dragon
06-05-2002, 06:04 AM
replikant foryou do defeat the darkide means you will have to defeat me and the chance of that happing is a million to one. Why not join the Darkside and help wipe out the light weaklins who are not worthy to call themselves jedi are you to be strong or dead.

Darth Kaan
06-05-2002, 09:07 AM
Dragon,

Yes, yes I would indeed like to see for myself how good you really are. However, I never got an email, or a reply to the pm I sent you. So I posted above to gain your attention and get a responce. Now that I have, does this mean you have accepted me as an apprentice? If so, I would like to get in contact with you via email and get started on my training.

Kaan

Bobo Fart
06-05-2002, 10:07 AM
Once falling to the Darkside, I amasking for training to show me the true ways of the Force, The Lightside. For now i see no strengths in the Light side, Anger strikes me the Dark side Dwells within, i can feel it... please i ask for a MAster to draw me to the Light side and train me to becomea master and help train others to the Lightside of the Force

darth dragon
06-05-2002, 10:10 AM
Bobo why stray from the powers of the dark. do not leave or it may be the last thing you do as you don't want to anger the darkside especially me.

Bobo Fart
06-05-2002, 10:11 AM
Too many are Falling to the Darkside join the Lightside, the darkside clouids your mind, it happining to me slowly so help the ligth defeat what cause's destruction

Bobo Fart
06-05-2002, 10:14 AM
Darth, Convince me how the Dark side is better. It Destroys your mind and clouds it, all it does is cause destruction. with the control i haveof my dark powers i would destroy much and harm too many i cannot harness the power ofdark thats whyi call upon a Jedi to Harness the Powersand use some that will not harm others...
Darth persuade me if you can, but i dont see any good in the Darkside

darth dragon
06-05-2002, 10:15 AM
DO NOT LISTEN IF YOU DO YOU SHALL LOSE YOUR POWERS STAY AWAY FROM THE LIGHT. THE LIGHT HAS NO DECENT FORCE POWERS TO OFFER YOU UWILL GET SLAUGHTERED IN ONLINE MATCHES IF YOU GO TO THE LIGHT. JOIN THE DARK AND LEARN TO LIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bobo Fart
06-05-2002, 10:17 AM
Are you willing to help me Control my Dark Powers?
Take me on as your Sith Aprentace?

It will Require Email's and stuff :P

BlackDove
06-05-2002, 10:18 AM
I pity everyone who uses the Dark Side...so WEAK...

Bobo Fart
06-05-2002, 10:21 AM
SSC I have not chosen my Path Yet do not JJUDGE ME!

The Light has no Strength in it though, I WANT POWER i hate thre FACT YOU ALL think Weaknesscomes from dark POWER FLOwSWITHIN THE POWERSOF THE SItH's!

The Light hasnothing to Assist me in Strength! and No one is Willing to Train me in the ways of the Light!

My Only choice is to be an Apprentace of the Sith!

darth dragon
06-05-2002, 10:22 AM
WEAK HOW ARE WE WEAK ALL THE LIGHT CAN DO IS PETY FORCES WHICH INFLICT NO DAMAGE WHY NOT JOIN THE DARKSIDE AND KNOW WHAT POWER IS.
AS FOR BOBO SORRY I HAVE A PADAWAN BUT ASK DARK BEGGAR HE MAY HAVE A FEW SPOTS OPEN.

BlackDove
06-05-2002, 10:25 AM
I don't need the force to inflict damage. I'm not aggressive for a need to kill quick. I just use my forces to defend myself against your dark side which can't inflict any damage to me, yet it always gives me a full force gauge. Then I just charge on you with medium stance while you are open and trying to kill me with your lightning. Simple...

Bobo Fart
06-05-2002, 10:26 AM
I have no Sith nor Jedi to train me... Indecisive is what oi am... Ifi do not find one to Train me i shall beRunning around as a Wreckage using my Powers Blindly out of control...
I need a Sith or Jedi to help me Train and Harness my Dark Powers or My Light

BlackDove
06-05-2002, 10:29 AM
Well I applied for a master position in the Jedi academy. God help you all ;)

Bobo Fart
06-05-2002, 10:33 AM
How do you read pm?

BlackDove
06-05-2002, 10:35 AM
Press "User CP" at the top of the page...

Bobo Fart
06-05-2002, 10:36 AM
SSC please take me as a Padawan even if your not a Master and the Academy does not Accept, iwant to Harness myDark Powers, Pleasehelpb me

BlackDove
06-05-2002, 10:40 AM
Humm...where do you live?

Bobo Fart
06-05-2002, 10:42 AM
I do live in Australia... BUT BUT BUT i am on the Net ALOT! so i could come on when ever it Suites you

BlackDove
06-05-2002, 10:47 AM
The times are not the problem. I'm on the net alot, however the ping is what is the problem. I would reccomend that you find another Aussie because you would have a similar ping. If you and I were to train it would be virtually impossible because either of us would need at least a T1 to have a good connection to one another. The thing is that you and I are completely away from eachoter. I'm in the northern hemisphere in Europe, and you are in the Southern hemisphere to the lower part of Asia. It's just impossible. However an American (which there are a lot around here) could help you out.

My reccomendation is for you to wait for the Jedi Academy to open and then find a master that would suit you.

Bobo Fart
06-05-2002, 10:52 AM
Cable? Im getting thatsoon, it is Possible, we should atleast try, uinblessyoucan find someone to suit me, but thanks anyway

Dark Begger
06-05-2002, 12:33 PM
Darth dragon is throwing all the padawans to me I see..lol. I only want 1 young padawan which I have at the moment. I have applied at the Jedi Academy, and also am getting a tryout with them soon (tonight hopefully) So soon I will be a trainer in the jedi academy. If you wish to learn under my wing, join the Jedi Academy as a padawan and ask for me..Dark Begger. I train light side and neutral forces along with some saber tactics and combos.

[JAB] Hwoarang
06-05-2002, 02:11 PM
a jedi academy? after my exams i want to practice all moves

Any1 who wants to take me as a padawan?

I'm from EURO , Belgium

Someone from Euro?

mail me :D

c ya

Valek Hawke
06-05-2002, 08:24 PM
~Valek rounded the corner at a slow measured walk, his black cape flowing behind him. His eyes met those of Darth Dragon and he nodded slightly~

While I don't know you I do know Darth Kaan. He and I have fought together in many battles against the Jedi. I too wish to know the full power of the Dark side if you will teach me as well.

Please check your Private Messages.

Valek

BlackDove
06-05-2002, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by Valek Hawke
While I don't know you I do know Darth Kaan. He and I have fought together in many battles against the Jedi. I too wish to know the full power of the Dark side if you will teach me as well.

Translation: I know Darth Kaan. He and I fought together in many battles against the Jedi. I too wish to know the full power of the dark side, because when him and I played, we kept losing over and over and over to the light Jedi. Please help me learn how to spam lightning even more and give the force to the light Jedi absorbers.

joke@expenseofthedarkside.com

Valek Hawke
06-05-2002, 09:23 PM
You know Kal El, I bet you're the reason your dad's an alcoholic. Did your parents forget to turn on Net Nanny again? How old are you, Twelve?

The truth is I have only recently started playing the game about two weeks ago and have not even begun to use force powers as I didn't want to develop any bad habits. So I don't see how I can be spamming or nerfing them as you have so authoritatively assumed. I saw this post and thought that I might perhaps gain from the benefit of another's experience. I also enjoy role playing even at my ripe old age of 34 and that is why I decided to word my post to Darth Dragon the way I did (which is really none of your ****ing business).

After reading many of your posts I thought I would pm you and at least keep it out of the public forums but since you have decided to bring it out then I cannot in good conscience let this go unanswered. So in the spirit of a good flame war why don't you quit acting like a total ****stick, get some clearasil (then maybe you'll get laid by someone other than your priest), and shut your cockholster.

In an above post you said you had applied to be a teacher at the Jedi Academy so here's my proposition...

In one month, NF, saber only duel server, your Padawan vs. Me and my Master vs. You. Both matches best out of 10...

That way there'll be none of your whining about force powers being spammed.

Now go pour your dad a drink and go to confession.

:laughing:

BlackDove
06-05-2002, 09:26 PM
You know Kal El, I bet you're the reason your dad's an alcoholic. Did your parents forget to turn on Net Nanny again? How old are you, Twelve?

The truth is I have only recently started playing the game about two weeks ago and have not even begun to use force powers as I didn't want to develop any bad habits. So I don't see how I can be spamming or nerfing them as you have so authoritatively assumed. I saw this post and thought that I might perhaps gain from the benefit of another's experience. I also enjoy role playing even at my ripe old age of 34 and that is why I decided to word my post to Darth Dragon the way I did (which is really none of your ****ing business).

After reading many of your posts I thought I would pm you and at least keep it out of the public forums but since you have decided to bring it out then I cannot in good conscience let this go unanswered. So in the spirit of a good flame war why don't you quit acting like a total ****stick, get some clearasil (then maybe you'll get laid by someone other than your priest), and shut your cockholster.

In an above post you said you had applied to be a teacher at the Jedi Academy so here's my proposition...

In one month, NF, saber only duel server, your Padawan vs. Me and my Master vs. You. Both matches best out of 10...

That way there'll be none of your whining about force powers being spammed.

Now go pour your dad a drink and go to confession.

:laughing:

My father left my family when I was three years old because his mother and father didn't have much time to live (both old and sick). Now they are all dead because a war broke out there.

However, thank you for the post...really nice and comic too as I'm sure you wanted it to be.

Darth Kaan
06-05-2002, 09:45 PM
*Here's the sound of someone getting spanked*

Well Valek, he could have accepeted, and let his skills do the talking, but instead, chose to tuck his tail between his legs and continue whining.

He did not even acknowledge the challenge. In my book that says it all...

what a Gomer.

Kaan

massadoobie
06-05-2002, 10:54 PM
hey guys... i know this is really none of my business but since i'm one of the guys trying to improve the civility of the community...

varek, he was kidding around. i don't think he's ever seen you play, but one of the "stereotypes" of dark force users is lightning spam... however if you really are 34 years old then you should realize a shot like your alcoholic comment is not only unnecessary, but you never know who you're saying it to and what's going on in their real life...

ssc... don't stereotype dark force users, even if you are joking... you never know who's gonna take what you say the wrong way because, if you haven't noticed, sarcasm doesn't really go over too well online most of the time.

and both of you... i know it's an anonymous forum, but at least try to be nice... if not then this community will degenerate into such a pit of rudeness that no one will want to play anymore

-massadoobie
Academy Leader, Jedi Academy
http://academy.jediknightii.net

BlackDove
06-06-2002, 12:14 AM
Who was stereotyping? Lightning is always spam, no matter how you look at it. I mean it's a bolt that goes on and on until your force gauge depletes. A thing that repeats itself is always spam. I just chose that as a joke, but I could have said grip, or anything else. You assume too much.

However, seriously a nice joke about my father. Just shows that those 34 years were a waste, at least considering the mental capabilities. You don't see me going around insulting your mothers and fathers do you?

Originally posted by Darth Kaan
*Here's the sound of someone getting spanked*

Well Valek, he could have accepeted, and let his skills do the talking, but instead, chose to tuck his tail between his legs and continue whining.

He did not even acknowledge the challenge. In my book that says it all...

what a Gomer.

Kaan

Nice to know that there are even more people who have the intelect below average. What a poor and weak attempt to come back with something. Surely you could have done better? Maybe if I insulted your father, who died in a war it would make you feel good wouldn't it? Or your mother, who obviously didn't teach you common courtesy.

Dumbass.....

Darth Kaan
06-06-2002, 12:16 AM
Massadoobie,

Kal el has a very bad tendency to spew forth rude and obnoxious comments and it is not just on the forums here. After all, someone has to play the Darkside for the Jedi to have someone to fight. Valek posted to Darth Dragon, as both he and I want to roleplay darkside characters in the game. I told him DD was taking apprentices and that he should post to the string. However, Kal el is the one that just had to be a wise ass.

Sure Valek's words in his reply were harsh, but he only gave what he so rudely recieved. I know Valek in real life and I am sure unless provoked, he wont post as such again.

I surely appreciate the efforts of the Jedi Academy and I am looking forward to it becoming very active.

Kaan

BlackDove
06-06-2002, 12:19 AM
Sure Valek's words in his reply were harsh, but he only gave what he so rudely recieved. I know Valek in real life and I am sure unless provoked, he wont post as such again.

Yes of course, insulting your deceased father is exactly the same as for you to assume the worst! and be insulted how I said something about the dark side. Poor poor you. I pity the both of you.

Darth Kaan
06-06-2002, 12:34 AM
Kal El,

Say and convince yourself of whatever you want. The facts remain that you are the one that posted an abbrasive and rude comment (as usual) by choice, to someone not even posting to you. You also ignored his challenge...which speaks volumes.

Kaan

BlackDove
06-06-2002, 12:39 AM
I didn't even want to read the whole post. The first and the last sentence were enough for me to realise what the content was about. They spoke "volumes" as you so delicately put it. And I am certainly not going into any game with the likes of that. And I am really sorry you take it as abbrasive and rude that the Dark Side sucks (which we all know btw), however maybe insted of insulting my father you should both try and get a life.

Valek Hawke
06-06-2002, 12:45 AM
Okay, I'm ending this now.

You know what Kal El, you're right. Massadoobie, You are also right. At 34 years old I should have exercised more restraint than I did and not stooped to retaliation. Yes, Kal El, I DO know what it is like to lose a parent...two in fact. My Father died when I was 12, my stepfather when I was 23, and I was devastated by both losses. So...been there, done that, got a life and moved on. Take the mask off, you're not the Lone Ranger there Chief.

Massadoobie I apologize for any disgrace I may have brought to this forum or the Jedi Academy by my actions.

Kal El, I sincerely apologize to you for insulting your father (In fact, being a Veteran myself, if he died in a War (What war was that btw?) then I Salute and Honor him)), your relgious beliefs, or your sexuality.

Should you choose to accept my apology then great and if not then so be it. But as far as I'm concerned this topic is closed.

~Nods, turns and walks away~

Darth Kaan
06-06-2002, 12:49 AM
Nice cowardly cop out on the challenge. Somehow I knew you were all whine and no skill. Again, you can't comprehend the simple truth or logic. To begin with, I never insulted your Father.

Yes, we know the dark side is harder to play, that's why we are choosing to do so, because it is a challenge.

I have no doubts your nose bleeds once a month...

Kaan

massadoobie
06-06-2002, 01:04 AM
well said Valek, well said... thanks for taking the high road... and don't worry, i'm not directly involved enough, nor does anyone else know about this, to "disgrace" the Academy... hell, the word "Academy" is misspelled in the thread title, that's more disgraceful (even if one of the Academy members didn't create the thread :))

-massadoobie
Within days of opening this damn thing, Jedi Academy

BlackDove
06-06-2002, 01:05 AM
Okay, I'm ending this now.

You know what Kal El, you're right. Massadoobie, You are also right. At 34 years old I should have exercised more restraint than I did and not stooped to retaliation. Yes, Kal El, I DO know what it is like to lose a parent...two in fact. My Father died when I was 12, my stepfather when I was 23, and I was devastated by both losses. So...been there, done that, got a life and moved on. Take the mask off, you're not the Lone Ranger there Chief.

Massadoobie I apologize for any disgrace I may have brought to this forum or the Jedi Academy by my actions.

Kal El, I sincerely apologize to you for insulting your father (In fact, being a Veteran myself, if he died in a War (What war was that btw?) then I Salute and Honor him)), your relgious beliefs, or your sexuality.

Should you choose to accept my apology then great and if not then so be it. But as far as I'm concerned this topic is closed.

~Nods, turns and walks away~

I accept your apology of course, however being with your experience with your father and stepfather I would have expected that you would know better than to insult anyone elses. Anyway, doesn't matter now, I would like to apologuise for something, however I don't know what for since I didn't mean anything as an insult, actually whatever I say on the board I don't mean as an insult UNLESS someone bites on my behaviour and then insults me in some way first. However I am sorry if I give off the hostile feeling. Can't really fully help it.

Nice cowardly cop out on the challenge. Somehow I knew you were all whine and no skill. Again, you can't comprehend the simple truth or logic. To begin with, I never insulted your Father.

Yes, we know the dark side is harder to play, that's why we are choosing to do so, because it is a challenge.

I have no doubts your nose bleeds once a month...

Kaan

I should quote that and put it into a frame, and then write on the frame "Last words of an idiot".

Aegis
06-06-2002, 01:29 AM
I think both you flamers need this:

Guide to Flaming (http://www.advicemeant.com/flame/12comand.shtml)

enjoy

Valek Hawke
06-06-2002, 01:42 AM
Like I said Aegis, it's over. Leave it be.

Darth Kaan
06-06-2002, 01:45 AM
:violin:

darth dragon
06-06-2002, 10:08 AM
i am sorry that the fact that i like the darkside is so wrong and offencsive (only towards kal for some strange reason) as for Kaan and Val i would like to say thank you for sticking up for the darkside in my short appsecnce. As for Kal plz do not dis the darkside as one day it may come to haunt you when the darkside rules as more and more are coming to their sences and joining e.gKaan and Val who are both my padawans and if you dis them or the darkside you shall be very sorry, if you appoligise i will make your death quick and painless. As for Mass have you got any trail dates yet. Plus sorry beggar but i thought you were looking for new padawans but my fault i won't do it again.

Kal remember you had better watch your back.:vadar:

Bobo Fart
06-06-2002, 10:32 AM
You speaking words of the Darkside made me have to mention this, I still yet have not found someone to Train me in the Waysof the Force, I feel the Blood of the Darkside running throughmy vains please i need a MAster a Sithlord to train me

BlackDove
06-06-2002, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by darth dragon
i am sorry that the fact that i like the darkside is so wrong and offencsive (only towards kal for some strange reason) as for Kaan and Val i would like to say thank you for sticking up for the darkside in my short appsecnce. As for Kal plz do not dis the darkside as one day it may come to haunt you when the darkside rules as more and more are coming to their sences and joining e.gKaan and Val who are both my padawans and if you dis them or the darkside you shall be very sorry, if you appoligise i will make your death quick and painless. As for Mass have you got any trail dates yet. Plus sorry beggar but i thought you were looking for new padawans but my fault i won't do it again.

Kal remember you had better watch your back.:vadar:

I'm hiding the pain.

I don't know where you people got the facts how I find the darkside "wrong and offensive". Looks like every time I leave the board for 30 minutes, everyone gets delusions of grandure. Darkside IS WEAK. Accept it, let go, it's over. You using it, you are only doing me a favor by filling my force pool because I keep the absorb when I play with the darksiders at all times.

darth dragon
06-06-2002, 11:42 AM
No it is you who is weak as the darkside can bide its time and wait for your absorb to run out and then strike you with all the power of the force. You are in denial as you can't execpt the fact the more and more are leaving the lightside to join the dark. Why not follow them and if you are as good as you say you will have a warm reception. I feel that your negative ways for the darkside are just the fact you have yet to beat any one using the darkside force with the weakness of the light. Come join me and all my bretherin and destroy the plague that is the light.
I am sorry that you feel that the darkside is weak as i can sencse that you have alot of anger release it and join us.
As for Bobo why not ask a few of the sith on this thread.:jawa

X R Kun
06-06-2002, 11:51 AM
have anyone thought of forming a SITH academy? u know the ones that teaches the power of the dark side and s***.

The highlight of dark training is teaching how to fight with asses, be a drain , grip absorb whore. Or even getting ur @$$ banned in servers! Wad'ya think?

Dark Begger
06-06-2002, 12:12 PM
darth, you have drafted two padawans? I only wish to hold one, I have 4 on email, and I will train them all once, until I find the right one that I can pass on my power to. I emailed them all to go to the jedi academy to look for a trainer..you never know, they could get me (when and if I'm in)

darth dragon
06-06-2002, 12:52 PM
kun the Jedi acadamy us for both dark and light and any way can you make a site as i have no idea. As for beggar are you going to teach in the JA. also kun your use of langauge is appaling try to learn how to speak proplerly or the JA might not accept you.

Dark Begger
06-06-2002, 02:11 PM
I have a tryout for the trainer position set already. I have been contacted by mass. I am hoping to become a trainer, and have guibs by my side learning a few things and helping teach the things that I had already taught him.

massadoobie
06-06-2002, 02:40 PM
kun.... very funny, i got the joke... and hell we may hire someone to teach "sith" (n00b) classes... and don't worry about the language, just turn on the tv (in america at least) and you'll hear everything you put in your message

dragon... you really gotta calm down man. i think the reason this thread has had so many fights is that some people are treating the force as what it really is... part of a series of fictional movies and games. other people like to live the fiction, as you seem to be doing with this: No it is you who is weak as the darkside can bide its time and wait for your absorb to run out and then strike you with all the power of the force. You are in denial as you can't execpt the fact the more and more are leaving the lightside to join the dark. Why not follow them and if you are as good as you say you will have a warm reception. I feel that your negative ways for the darkside are just the fact you have yet to beat any one using the darkside force with the weakness of the light. Come join me and all my bretherin and destroy the plague that is the light. I'm all for role playing and getting really into fiction, but when fights start because you take the fiction more seriously than the person you're fighting, it gets ridiculous. anyway what i'm trying to say is it's ok to get caught up in the fiction of the star wars universe, but when you start making idle threats like "do not dis the darkside as one day it may come to haunt you when the darkside rules as more and more are coming to their sences and joining" it's just a waste of bandwith and the time of you, me, and people who read it... oh and you gotta apply to get a trial time..

i'm done now :)

-massadoobie
yes i realize a jedi academy is also fiction, but i'm not flamebaiting, Jedi Academy

UseTheForce
06-06-2002, 02:51 PM
Erm... I'd like to start training under a master. I probably can't start for a week or two, because I have computer problems to sort out, but then I'll be good to go. I live in the EST time zone, and have cable. I also stay up until 4am on most night(Chronic insomnia-type thing), so there won't be much trouble if my trainer is in a different time zone.

I'd also like to say I think it's really cool what you guys are doing- taking your in-game skill and spreading it to others, while at the same time giving us lowly padawans a more jedi-rific experience. Keep up the good work.:)
----------Edit--------------

Sorry about the double post, I have no clue why it did that.....

UseTheForce
06-06-2002, 02:59 PM
Erm... I'd like to start training under a master. I probably can't start for a week or two, because I have computer problems to sort out, but then I'll be good to go. I live in the EST time zone, and have cable. I also stay up until 4am on most night(Chronic insomnia-type thing), so there won't be much trouble if my trainer is in a different time zone.

I'd also like to say I think it's really cool what you guys are doing- taking your in-game skill and spreading it to others, while at the same time giving us lowly padawans a more jedi-rific experience. Keep up the good work.:)

Darth Kaan
06-06-2002, 06:12 PM
This is just a suggestion...but why dont we get an email list going and maybe even a "Sith Academy" forum for all those that want to learn the darkside of the force?

That way we could be around people of like mind and we wouldnt have to listen to people like Kal-whiner about things we all ready know, like the fact the darkside is harder to play in this game.

If we all had a way to communicate and discuss topics of interest, co-ordinating training sessions and some practical app by playing as well it could be lots of fun.

Lets stop talking about it and make it happen. :)

Kaan

massadoobie
06-06-2002, 07:28 PM
kaan...

FYI, if you look at our about us page http://academy.jediknightii.net/about.php you'll notice we do have dark side trainers... so don't think we're light side only like the "real" jedi academy (and also don't think Kal El represents us in anyway... even if he's the first student listed on the site :))

-massadoobie
My fingers hurt from typing on this thread, Jedi Academy

Master Zod
06-06-2002, 07:55 PM
I was a jedi. However i have seen the light at the end of the tunnel.....the DARK light. I dont see how anyone could stay a jedi more than a few minutes. Its simply dumb to choose to be so WEAK. Since i changed to the dark side I have been trying to change my user name. I havnt found out how yet. Darth Dragon do you know how to change ones name to something a little less revolting than "master zod". PLEASE help me anyone.:syoda: :lightning

Darth Kaan
06-06-2002, 08:00 PM
Massadoobie,

I applied as a student as well but I read on the page where it said if you sent it in it was messed up. Anyway my point was possibly that someone could setup another forum just for the Darksiders as this one rarely loads and when it does it's slow.

That way we could get some form of orginization and a way to communicate other than this forum. Maybe the Jedi Academy could get a few forums so we can get interest up and activity going there?

Kaan

darth dragon
06-07-2002, 01:07 PM
Mass sorry, but you see in life people have to take a stancs in the things they belive. Plus Kaan i like the idea of the JA having its own forum on efor light the other for dark (of coruse the light one would be emptier than a nuclear test site.) Plus as for Zod i don't think you can change your name why don't you just registar again.
PS Mass when while i have my trail plz hurry up you know what times i am freepick one and tell me.
PPS is the server working yet.

massadoobie
06-07-2002, 02:40 PM
kaan... i'll see what i can do on the forums, i like the idea, just gotta have the time to do it... i think i misread your post and interpreted it as "lets make a sith academy" instead of "lets make a sith academy forum"... duh doobie

dragon... i agree you gotta take a stand, however it is still a game... i do have to say, if you're gonna be a trainer, you may want to tone down the dark/light battle a bit, because we're trying to go for community unity rather than bickering :)... oh and telling me to hurry up isn't gonna make me do anything any faster... sometimes real life gets in the way

-massadoobie
Breakin all the rules at my internship by posting this message, Jedi Academy

darth dragon
06-07-2002, 02:52 PM
i am not biased i won't start fights in JA as i really want to stay a member. But now i like role play i have alot of time spare i think too much but that is the holidays for you.
Sorry for telling you to hurry up.

Dark Begger
06-07-2002, 02:56 PM
massa doobie, I will take my tryout soon, but I do not think it can be this weekend, as you see I am participating in the 2v2 tournament on twl. First round elimination is supposed to be this weekend. I hope you understand and can extend my tryout period later on.

Dark Begger
06-07-2002, 03:02 PM
hey massadoobie..maybe after I get in as a trainer I can be an advertisment manager! Look how much me and darth are keeping this post up at the top! hahaha...We're giving you lot's of publicity...maybe more than you want lol

massadoobie
06-07-2002, 03:18 PM
haha good idea beggar...

just one question... did you apply? if so what'd you put as your game name?

Wamprat013
06-07-2002, 03:35 PM
i agree, i think that there should be no side war between the force powers in the game, whareas in the movies ther is a war, but in th academy we should be able to co exist
any way i am a trainer at the academy and i just wanted to say that, were goin for unity, not war

Darth Kaan
06-07-2002, 03:45 PM
To clarify what I meant...

I think a Forum specifically for those that would like to, or are currently teaching, learning, and playing the darkside would be a good thing. I thought it a good idea for those that want to discuss all aspects of darkside. A meeting place if you will.

I didnt mean to seperate completely and start a war. There can be unity with each faction having their own forums. JMHO.

Kaan

Wamprat013
06-07-2002, 04:00 PM
also, i am ntrested in the dark arts, if any one would like to train me in the ways of the sith i am willn to turn to the darkside for the time being and becoem a sith aprentace to inccrease my skills in the dark arts to maek me a better player all around, although my chosen side of th force is light it cannot hurt me to become accustomed to the dark arts, for i may have to use them in battle. this is how i beleave everyoen should feel, not stuck to one side of the force, but able to learn both sides in order to become a better, smarter, more powerful jedi.
i'd also like to learn the yellow and red saber stances, in order to become a jedi master

darth dragon
06-07-2002, 04:31 PM
Thanks for the recognistion beggar, you are in atornie how did you gat into it and were from as i would love a bit of tornie experiance and i couldbe able to kick some serious proffesional ass.
I would like to ask Mass if the try outs are going to be on the JA server as at the moment it does not seem to working also i would love to help you set up the forum on the site.

Kall/SSc i see that you have not posted back, as he knows the darkside is to strong.

Wamp, why not join the acady and you can be taught what ever you want.

Does any one know theMedium stance well as i am looking for someone to train me in it.

Do you all know that you can play the online game offline but just against bots, it is really good fun and practice. Try it out.

how come my Sig aint showing on any of my posts, can some one plz turn it on i have a really good 1.

YES at kast i am not Bantha foder anymore, iam a pit driod........ crap!! when do i level up next.

Darth Kaan
06-07-2002, 04:38 PM
Wamprat, your last two posts were polar opposite of each other. Are you a trainer at the academy or an aspiring trainee?

Madcow
06-07-2002, 04:40 PM
Oy, I am thinking about becoming an academy student, I need to learn close up saber combat (I am throw dependant). are you accepting students yet?

darth dragon
06-07-2002, 04:41 PM
were exactly is the person who started this thread.

I am darth dargon join my quest to destroy all lightside online players. Join the Jedi acadamy and learn all you want for free.
Any one who likes the lightside should join the Dark or i shall have to kill you.
(sorry if this message causes any offence plz direct all complaints to dragon INC, thank you and have a nice day.)

Th@_BoZkUrT
06-07-2002, 04:44 PM
can you chose your own teacher??

because i want a dark sith with medium stance wich playes verry good and does not lame?? is that availeble?

Dark Begger
06-07-2002, 04:57 PM
yes doobie, I have applied..and I put in the name: ISofDI-Dark Begger....actually I applied just now...I thoguht it was all done before.b.ecause you emailed me..but fine..I signed up jsut as you asked.

Here's my 'receit' for the application.

"Your application has been sent to the Jedi Academy. Thanks!

Administration:

Chris "massadoobie" DuBois - Site Design, Academy Coordinator/Leader
Kevin "DJ Sith" Laude - Co-Site Designer, Academy Site Guru/Server Host
Ross E. "JediSith999" Berger - Academy Founder
Questions? Comments? Snide Remarks? Email one of us."

Dark Begger
06-07-2002, 05:00 PM
oh..and sign up for the tourny is over darth..sorry... but just in case you want to join future tournies..or fight in a ladder, go to www.teamwarfare.net and register. Join the 1v1 FF ladder if you wish, I will be joining that soon.

Anyways, I feel that there will be friction between me and darth in the academy...For I am a lightside jedi. I await your attack darth ;)

massadoobie
06-07-2002, 05:08 PM
http://academy.jediknightii.net

i've tried to answer as many questions as possible on the site....

oh and beggar, sorry if i did reply already, i get a lot of emails :)... and as far as i know the server is still running, it's just password protected now... although dj sith got laid off, and he was getting the server's connection through work, so they may have turned it off... i'll ask him later.

-massadoobie
ZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz , Jedi Academy

NerfYoda
06-07-2002, 06:58 PM
Apologies to those of you waiting for trainer testing. I've been off looking for a job the past few days & haven't really had the time lately to organize all this stuff. These layoffs came at a great time for the academy.

As for the server going down because of my old work connection... I'm a regualr paying customer of theirs now. The place I used to work for isn't going down, so the server should stay up for now. If I get any news to the contrary I'll let all you guys know.

Answering misc questions noticed in the thread... :)

Once a trainer is accepted he/she can schedule a calss on the website. Registered students (or other instructors) can then sign up for that class from the website, so yes you can choose which instructor you want. Any time not in class on the sever is free time. If you'd like to schedule a 1 on 1 it might be best to do that during free time & should best be worked out with your chosen instructor.

Dark Beggar: Your application may have been sent to me. I'm sorry in the delay for getting you tried out, but I've been a lil busy lately hehe. It's cool how you saved the "thank you" page though. :) PM me.

And on the subject of SW continuity/ roleplay... our focus is to help the community along & teach people how to play a video game 1st. If you want to roleplay on the server that's fine, just don't rain on anyone's parade any. :)

Dark Begger
06-07-2002, 07:03 PM
well, massadoobie already emailed me before telling me the guy who's going to teset me is lightningrod2k3..I'm guessing that's you? lol

NerfYoda
06-07-2002, 07:04 PM
Heh nope, Rod is one of our trainers. I'm DJ Sith.. the guy who fixes the things Doobie breaks on the website. ;)

Dark Begger
06-07-2002, 07:06 PM
ahh I see.. okay. well..hope to be a trainer soon.

Dark Begger
06-07-2002, 07:13 PM
You know what the academy needs?? A fashion designer!! aka..skinner. He can go around making general skins (trainer skin, padawan skin..other skins..) and also make specialty skins for the higher ranking officers!

NerfYoda
06-07-2002, 07:40 PM
That's a really cool idea :) Unless someoene here volunteers for it I may bring this up at the skinning forum. We *do* have a map in the works.. actually its almost finished. Wait till you see it. Our map rules. :)

edit:
It's odd.. news about the academy goes up and we start getting truckloads of trainer apps and all of a sudden the jkii.net server hanfs. concidence? :)

massadoobie
06-07-2002, 07:44 PM
hey beggar... i found your emails, sorry about the concern, i was at work when i was posting earlier... IM me on one of the names i sent you in the emails and we can set up a tryout

Wamprat013
06-07-2002, 08:24 PM
sorry about the confusion, i am a trainer at the academy, but i train light stance, and light side force, i am not bad at those aspects of the game, but i am terrible at the other saber stances, and with dark force, so i am both a trainer and a student, i am not afraid to admit my faults, us i sorta suck at thsi game, i just know light stance fairly well

Th@_BoZkUrT
06-07-2002, 09:09 PM
well if any trainer uses medium stance and dark force plz contact me @ iligaleturk@hotmail.com it is also my msn mesenger

Bobo Fart
06-07-2002, 11:39 PM
The JA is supposed to be a place were you get yourself a Jedi or a Sith Trainer, and to tell ya the Truth im having no luck.

All i ask for is a GOOD Sithlord who can teach me how t ouse everyhting and get better

NerfYoda
06-08-2002, 12:30 AM
You're probably having no luck because we're not open for students yet... Let us get our teachers and such straightened out and then youll get your turn. :)

InnerPeace
06-08-2002, 12:45 AM
I am very intersted in this academy, still new at the light saber and would love to learn new things or too or just master the light saber, since i've bought the game i havn't even used any other weapon but the light saber, my goal is to master it and go into an all weapons server and dominate :D

UseTheForce
06-08-2002, 02:02 AM
Alright, my computer problems have been sorted out. I can't wait to start! See you all soon.

Bobo Fart
06-08-2002, 04:14 AM
I AM NOT ONE TO HAVE PATIENCE, 4 DAYS I BEEN ASKING! I WANT TRAINING NOW!

Tha Real Mwa!: When is tha JA gonna be up??? and someone should make like a Jedi Academy Level like in the Episode 1 and 2 movies where the Jedi Council Sits, and then make an elevator to like a dueling area main hall, llibary ect..
like the Idea?

Fossil25
06-08-2002, 06:03 AM
That's why i use it, cuz my saber sux
As long as the guy doesn't have absorb, you can lightning him on almost any map, drain for hp, grip and fling in certain maps. Cheap.
It's like dark side is there, that's why we need a light side the counter it. Doesn't look like the other way. I think it requires superior saber skills to attempt using the light side, provided there are no shooting weapons.
I usually use medium stance and dark side. I just can't master than backswing thing. :(
I want to join the academy !!!

Bobo Fart
06-08-2002, 07:50 AM
Apparently the Academy isnt Fully up yet, but there is the Reborn Academy training the Darkside, maye there small Sith Academy can help you out, but i suggest when this is upcome back to these, for they areall great Jedi and All powerful Sith

Darth Munchkin
06-08-2002, 10:24 AM
hey I was wonderin will there be any servers in the uk as i'm on a dial up :( and my ping to america ain't exactly low, btw i suck at this game and i am really interested in learning the fast stance light side powers but if there isn't a server closer i might be a bit buggered, so if any one knows of any servers in the uk that would be a great helps thank you.

BlackDove
06-08-2002, 11:54 AM
Heh the more ping you train on, the better. I'm already training for a couple of days now with my JAT and he is teaching me some REALLY dangerous stuff...And I'm getting it down on a 300 ping heh (cuz I'm in Sweden/Euro and the server is in TX/US). Lower ping=easier, so basically its good for exp. to do it in a high ping environment.

Bobo Fart
06-08-2002, 12:25 PM
If your saying the Higher Ping you train on the better skill you recive, ILL BE THE BEST OUTTA ALL YU! BY THE Time WE ALL GRAWDUATE TO TRAINERS! ;):D :D :D :D :D;)

Bobo Fart
06-08-2002, 12:26 PM
oh yeah by tha by, how do you put those pics under you name in apost??

BlackDove
06-08-2002, 12:35 PM
Go into your USER CP (top of the screen) and check your options for "Avatar"...

Bobo Fart
06-08-2002, 12:37 PM
pohhhhhh :p well thats what that thing was!

BlackDove
06-08-2002, 12:38 PM
Yes...

Wamprat013
06-08-2002, 01:24 PM
some one is startign a small sith academy on this thread:
http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=60353

but i think it is a bad idea to teach the diffrent sides of th force at diffrent academys, but if it must be doen so be it. if they become too powerful, might we go to war with them? (lol, jk y'all)

Darth Kaan
06-08-2002, 01:51 PM
Seems like a good idea and alternative.

Especially iIf they do not show favoritism and take trainee's, instead of taking and listing only one while others have to wait.
Besides there is nothing weong with people having different choices.

Kaan

BlackDove
06-08-2002, 01:51 PM
*COUGH* nevermind *COUGH* hehehe

massadoobie
06-08-2002, 02:06 PM
ok, lemme clarify something REALLY quick, then i'm going back to bed...

WE HAVE NO STUDENTS YET THAT WE ARE ACTUALLY TRAINING

i don't care what kal el says... yes he's on the site as a student, but that's just because he tried out to be a trainer but decided he'd rather learn more before training others.

oh, and someone mentioned a UK/European server... i actually was about to post a thread on that :)

-massadoobie
David Beckham is da MAN, and i'm American!, Jedi Academy

Darth Kaan
06-08-2002, 02:32 PM
"i don't care what kal el says... yes he's on the site as a student, but that's just because he tried out to be a trainer but decided he'd rather learn more before training others."

:rofl: Nothing Kal says carries any weight. He is however, reguardless of how it came to pass, listed as a trainww at the JA.

Thanks Messa for clearing it up though.

Kaan

BlackDove
06-08-2002, 02:40 PM
Finally someone realised...

Bobo Fart
06-09-2002, 12:13 AM
When is the JA opening up? I have been waiting a fair while, and i desprate. Why are you guys not training yet anyhow?
Oh yeah, whats the website again?

massadoobie
06-09-2002, 12:37 AM
bobo... it's because we're sorting out over 90 trainer applications...

and the site is academy.jediknightii.net (http://academy.jediknightii.net)

Bobo Fart
06-09-2002, 12:54 AM
Thanks Massa,
bai tha bai, who hjas heard of those REAL Lightsabers??? check em out, you can even order them,

http://www.lightechindustries.com/main.html

Bobo Fart

darth dragon
06-09-2002, 10:06 AM
Do not try to rush a good thing becasue if the JA is open and not ready you will complain it is crap, plus Mass does also have a life which does not revlove around Computer games and websites, he is trying to a good thing so stop hurrying him up and wait and I promise you it will be worth it.Also Mass how did you make the site as i want to make my own one (a jedi one) but don't know how to do it like yours.

By the way i have started a new thread called JA2 as this old takes an age to load. Plz just continue you as you were

I am Darth Dragon join my quest to destroy all lightside online players. Join the Jedi academy and learn all you want for free.
Any one who likes the lightside should join the Dark or i shall have to kill you.
(Sorry if this message causes any offence please direct all complaints to dragon INC, thank you and have a nice day.)

darth dragon
06-09-2002, 03:44 PM

BlackDove
06-09-2002, 03:48 PM
Whats with the dot? That new thread must be contagious.....

darth dragon
06-09-2002, 03:51 PM
dot was just to get it back to top of forum. could not be arsed to write message.

BlackDove
06-09-2002, 04:12 PM
ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo k

Aylnon
06-10-2002, 03:48 AM
Well, seeing as I missed signing up (again) for the Academy (much to my annoyance, shall persue it further I guess) I will provide my services as a freelance trainer in saber dueling. I can teach all aspects of combat EXCEPT heavy stance. I range from basic movement to advanced combat styles. PM me, ICQ me 62607313, or e-mail me if interested, renegade256@yahoo.com

darth dragon
06-10-2002, 01:27 PM
BIG FIGHT

SATURDAY 16th JUNE
HANN SERVER (SEARCH FOR Darth Dragon IN THE PLAYER SEARCH)

=SCC=KAL-EL
V
Darth Kaan
FREE ENTRANCE FOR THE FIGHT OF THE YEAR
FORGET TYSON ANDLEWIS THIS IS EVEN BIGGER.
WATCH OUT FOR MORE UP TO DATE NEWS.

GhostFace12
06-10-2002, 05:10 PM
dude saturday will be the 15th

Aylnon
06-11-2002, 06:08 AM
...uh...ok...how many spots will be available? And uh...do we get to all kick the winner's ass?

BlackDove
06-11-2002, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by darth dragon
BIG FIGHT

SATURDAY 16th JUNE

=SCC=KAL-EL
V
Darth Kaan
WATCH OUT FOR MORE UP TO DATE NEWS.

Should have read the other thread.....

darth dragon
06-11-2002, 01:37 PM
Maximum saet compacity plus no you can not kick the winners ass. PLus no interferance or you will be kicked off the server.

Dark Begger
06-11-2002, 01:42 PM
I'll be there...save me a spot. then I can watch as kal el wins and then I'll give him his 1000 post beats. MWAHAHHAHA

darth dragon
06-11-2002, 01:45 PM
Fine i have one seat resevered any more.

BlackDove
06-11-2002, 01:53 PM
Someone should fill a seat for a contender in the match...

darth dragon
06-11-2002, 01:55 PM
BIG FIGHT

SATURDAY 16th JUNE

=SCC=KAL-EL
V
Darth Kaan
WATCH OUT FOR MORE UP TO DATE NEWS ON THE jEDI ACADEMY 1 & 2 FORUM.

BlackDove
06-11-2002, 01:59 PM
Still not happenin...

darth dragon
06-11-2002, 02:02 PM
SHI*, THIS FUC*S UP EVERY THING. I HAD T-SHIRTS, AND OTHER STUFF AND I WAS ALREDAY LINING UP SOME OTHER FIGHTS, WHY GO BLOW MY DREAM . OW WELL THERE ARE A LOT MORE SUCKERS.... I MEAN GOOD FIGHTERS.

THE FIGHT IS OFF! BUT WATCH OUT FOR FURTHER FIGHTS COMING UP!!!

Dark Begger
06-11-2002, 02:06 PM
damn it.....I want my 1000 pull/backstabs. you ruin all my fun super man.

BlackDove
06-11-2002, 02:07 PM
I'm hiding the pain from the guilt I feel.....

Dark Begger
06-11-2002, 02:09 PM
You better! oh well. I'm a Tusken Raider now. so it's all good.

BlackDove
06-11-2002, 02:12 PM
:vadar:

darth dragon
06-11-2002, 03:36 PM
Well any way Kaan training is still on so inform Val. We might have some other people but that is temporary until the JA is up and running fully. But my attention will be focused on you two. Any way trying to arrange another fight (differemt contestants of course, but kaan can fight if he wants) Just had a great i dae so bye and see you all soon.

darth dragon
06-18-2002, 12:56 AM
new server but still slow