PDA

View Full Version : Codes?

trade fed fred
08-30-2001, 02:33 PM
What do you think the codes should Do other than give you extra resources?
:bdroid2: x1000

Boba Rhett
08-30-2001, 02:40 PM
There's one I've been thinking about were it creates a large Jar Jar that runs around shouting things like, "Haylow!!" and then it runs into the enemies encampment and gets in the enemies way, thus slowing them down.

JEDI_MASTA
08-30-2001, 02:44 PM
man codes are pretty cheap but i think there should be one that makes unites really fast like ageis in AOK

trade fed fred
08-30-2001, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by JEDI_MASTA
man codes are pretty cheap but i think there should be one that makes unites really fast like ageis in AOK
I like codes every now and then but at first i won't use any.

God
08-30-2001, 03:06 PM
of coarse sp? i think a no fog and revel map will be included. also maybe queen admadals transport. wouldn't that be the nubian transport unit as well?

Booya2020
08-30-2001, 03:11 PM
Id like one that will give you a super-fast jabba the hutt that can kill units in one hit :D

God
08-30-2001, 03:21 PM
that would be funny. it be neato to see how he would wrigle

Hannibal
08-30-2001, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by JEDI_MASTA

Codes are good once you've finished a game. They add more dimensions to it.

I want a code that changes your jedi to members of the Jedi Council. Or have them as heros you can enter in the Scenario editor.

trade fed fred
08-30-2001, 03:37 PM
since there are air units i bet they'll have one that lets your units walk up in the air.

Admiral Odin
08-30-2001, 06:59 PM
codes are good when you just want to build a base, or have fun.

now I would like a code were the enemy turns into Jar Jar, and you get to hunt them.

Paragon_Leon
08-30-2001, 07:01 PM
why not have codes that enable you to use all those EU characters everybody keeps talking about ? That way you CAN have Thrawn etc. in the game.

Tie Guy
08-30-2001, 09:06 PM
Maybe they could have a "research all techs" code. That would be a pretty big advantage, but not make the game really cheesy by getting as many resources as you want.

Or they could have a code that makes your workers gather resources twice as fast. That wou;dn't totally ruin the gameplay either.

Admiral Odin
08-30-2001, 09:16 PM
There is another reason why cheat codes are somewhat good in a game.

If I want to test out some units, I don't like having to wait for enough resources to get them. Codes let me test them quickly and be done with it.

Master Yoda
09-01-2001, 04:55 PM
Same here Admiral Odin, I like to use codes just to try out new units. But other than that I dont use them.

Young David
09-01-2001, 05:56 PM
I never use codes ... It ruins the game ... But if they have to

RAIDER: Gives you an Indiana Jones unit

darthfergie
09-01-2001, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by Young David
I never use codes ... It ruins the game ... But if they have to

RAIDER: Gives you an Indiana Jones unit

I like it;)

Actually I like codes. I actually wish they had more codes in AoK:C...I don't use them in the campaigns but when I test out my scenarios I make I don't want to go searching all over I want to get straight to the part I worked the Hardest on. Also they should have had a cheat to use Merlin in AoK (it would be like "Convert This!" for AoE:)

Admiral Odin
09-01-2001, 08:51 PM
That is the reason games have cheat codes, so that the programers can test things out...

Codes do surve a purpose.

SoReFiNgErZ
09-01-2001, 09:10 PM
I,personally, only use cheats AFTER i have beaten the game completely 1 or 2 times through. I like the idea of the "Aegis" code, but im not sure the programers would go as far as a "research all techs" code. And the "walk on air" code also makes sense. I think some kind of code for the Jedi would be cool, maybe something that a tech or a trigger would do. Such as raise HP, ATK,or AMR. Something i also think would be cool is having cheats to get units from AOE (Ex: GENGIS= Gengis Khan, SUBUTAI=Subutai chararcter) the sprites are already made for these units so programing wouldnt be such a hassle. They just need copyright rights.

:evanpiel:

darthfergie
09-01-2001, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by SoReFiNgErZ
I,personally, only use cheats AFTER i have beaten the game completely 1 or 2 times through.

That is the other reason they are in the game. And the final reason...weenies. Or maybe an impossible level...

Droideka
09-03-2001, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by Boba Rhett
There's one I've been thinking about were it creates a large Jar Jar that runs around shouting things like, "Haylow!!" and then it runs into the enemies encampment and gets in the enemies way, thus slowing them down.

if u could kill jar jar that would be great i hate him

TheJackal_jk2
09-03-2001, 05:40 PM
''war what is it good for'' = victory
''pull the plug #'' = kill player number # (like if #=1 then kill player 1)

etc

I want something clever. Not just quotes from the movies.