PDA

View Full Version : New Project by Bloodriot and Absath

Absath
05-29-2002, 04:44 AM
Ok, we've decided to divulge a little information about the secret project that we've been working on. This thread will serve the same purpose that the Fett thread did, only this model will be released rather soon, as opposed to the long, drawn out affair that the Mandalorians turned in to.

The closer we get to our proposed release date of this weekend, the more information we will release, and the more revealing the screenshots will be.

This project is actually in stark contrast to our Mandalorians, for many reasons. Most obviously is the fact that the Fett's carried with them a notoriety and infamy. A certain predetermined publicity, if you will. This alone drove community anticipation through the roof. Neither Bloodriot or I expect the same results with this project.

At first, this model may seem rather simple. And the essence of it is. Yet strangely, as basic and elementary as the concept is, there is nothing like it to be found in JK2 yet. It is because of this that we expect many people to love this project. And it is that same reason that we expect that for many people, it just won't be their cup of blue milk, so to speak.

The project is extremely close to release, so you won't have to wait nearly as long as you did for the Fett's. We will be thoroughly checking all animations in-game to make sure everything works properly, in an effort to provide you with the best product possible.

Some details I can release right now are as follows: The model will come with an entirely customized sound set, that will help to personalize the character and flesh him out as a unique persona in the SW universe. The project will include bot support and CTF variations. We will be creating a backstory for the character, so you will know where he comes from, what hes been through etc. this will also help establish the character.

At this point we are planning to do a small single player storyline involving this character and a portion of his life. There is nothing confirmed yet, but it is something we would both like to do, to help bring this project to life.

So, without further adeu, I present you with our first teaser screenshots.

http://pwp.netcabo.pt/bloodriot/shot0002.jpg

http://pwp.netcabo.pt/bloodriot/shot0003.jpg

These shots were chose specifically because of their elusive nature. As the weekend draws closer, we will show you more detailed and specific shots, until finally we release and reveal the secret we are keeping hidden that will put these models over the top ;)

Questions and comments can be posted here, and we will try to answer promptly and to the best of our ability :) Enjoy.

-Abs and Bloodriot

normal
05-29-2002, 04:56 AM
:eek: :jawa

Darth Geo
05-29-2002, 05:01 AM
Sweet! Looking forward to it! :D

L2.0
05-29-2002, 05:16 AM
Looking good guys. Can't wait to see the rest.

evilsam
05-29-2002, 11:59 AM
It's cool....but ...what is it?

KungFuJM
05-29-2002, 12:47 PM
Young Obi-Wan Minus the beard?

~KFJ

Absath
05-29-2002, 01:54 PM
Apparently I must reiterate that this is NOT a character anyone has ever seen before. Young Obi-wan he is not.

-Abs

Thrahl
05-29-2002, 01:56 PM
Well unless I missed something in the reading... and from their last posts in the Boba/Jango thread.. this isn't Obi Wan.

I look forward to seeing more of this completely new face to the Star Wars universe. Really hope you guys manage to do that single player project too.

As for its simplicity... well.. maybe cuz I don'e know a thing about modeling and skinning.. it looks really amazing to my eyes.

KungFuJM
05-29-2002, 04:05 PM
One of the Solo Twins?

~KFJ

dantheman
05-29-2002, 05:22 PM
this skins lookin sweet, cant wait for the release! i like it cuz its a lot different from any other skin out there right now, the colors r lookin koo and he seems like an interesting character, i cant wait for more pics, its lookin great guys!:)

-dAno

Yom
05-29-2002, 08:10 PM
it look kinda like a Bothan in the first pic

But the model looks great keep up the good work

-Yom

YoDa2k2
05-29-2002, 08:12 PM
Wow Abs.... Looks like a teaser on this guy was worth the wait... like you said simplistic yet complacated in its own way

Strider_W11
05-29-2002, 11:28 PM
Hmm.. Lookin really good guys. But is it just me, or are you adding new saber animations. From the first pic, it seems the character is doing a new attack. And the second, shows the reborn at a different stance than i've seen.

You guys keep up the outstanding work... I really hope you guys make that sp storyline... That would be sooo cool...

__CKY__
05-30-2002, 12:21 AM
That is a ver cool looking person you guys are making and after this any plans on who your making next?

BloodRiot
05-30-2002, 02:58 AM
Ok... some Eye Candy as we promised. I hope you like it.

Meet the character. :)

http://pwp.netcabo.pt/bloodriot/jedi.jpg

Cheers

Absath and BloodRiot

Lime-Light
05-30-2002, 03:12 AM
ok.

camnron
05-31-2002, 03:57 AM
bump

Thrahl
05-31-2002, 01:39 PM
Looks awesome guys. Very simple and yet very appealing. I look forward to being able to add this one to the files on my drive!

My only question is re the stitching on the "bracers". Maybe its just me, but I'm more used to seeing those patterns on the outside of the arm and not the inner part. Curious what yer thoughts are on that.

Absath
05-31-2002, 03:57 PM
Well thrahl, in my opinion, bracers are meant to be a form of protection...armor. A person is more likely to get hit on the outside of his arm then on the inside. this having the laces on the inside means they are less likely to get cut and allowing the bracer to fall off or hang as an encumberance. That's just my reasoning.

We were going to post these pictures last night, but Lucasforums were "taking heavy loads, and were sorry for crapping all over themselves" or something like that. so we couldnt get in to update.

So im here right now to blow the cover wide open on this project, as we plan to release it later tonite. I am going to explain the little secret we've been hiding, and show pictures.

We havent settled on a named yet, but we are very close. He will have a name by tonite when he is released. He is a young promising Jedi among the order, very powerful, but also very misguided. In our SP story conversion, we will chronicle his descent to the dark side, and his bonding with a Sith master who trains him.

Because he was once a Jedi, now fallen to the dark side, we have done two models. Until now, you have only seen the Jedi version. So i now present to you the two versions that will be released tonite, the Jedi and the Sith.

http://pwp.netcabo.pt/bloodriot/1.jpg

But that is not all. We all know that standard Jedi travel garb is a thick, flowing Jedi robe. In our readme, we will be providing instructions on how to set up hot keys to speed up the manual model change, for those that don't know. The default selectable character will be the version you see in the picture above. Through manual model selection, you will be able to put on/take off the Jedi robe, and also the Sith cape. some pictures in-game:

http://pwp.netcabo.pt/bloodriot/2.jpg

We feel that this will add a little spice to both models, and also complete the Jedi feel to the model.

Now, as we had stated before, these models are not for everyone. For some people, they will be perfect and exactly what they are looking for. They will finally have a 'real' Jedi to play as in-game. To those people I can say we're happy you are looking forward to this model. For some this model isnt glamorous enough, isnt cool looking enough etc. To those people I can only say "look elsewhere" Darth Maul will be coming out soon, among some other great looking models. perhaps our next project iwll hold some more appeal for you.

So there you have it. The whole package. Nothing superstar-like, just something rather simple, but also lacking from the game currently.

For the time being we will not be allowing reskins and SP mods to be released for this model, at least until we have a chance to put out our SP storyline we have planned. After that, we will most likely be done with this character, then allow the community to use it for their own SP levels etc.

Any questions and comments can be directed here.

-Absath and Bloodriot

adillon
05-31-2002, 04:10 PM
SHAZAM!

that's cool stuff, ESPECIALLY the ability to don the jedi robe. incredible, guys! keep up the great work!

Nookie
05-31-2002, 04:13 PM
Absath, the unknown Jedi/Sith seems to be a lot like Xanatos to me. Qui-Gons previous Padawan that fought him and changed to the dark side.

Absath
05-31-2002, 04:19 PM
heh i have no idea who Xanatos is =P was this in a comic book or something?

Rajess MoDuron
05-31-2002, 05:28 PM
Absath, Bloodriot, these are amazing. I look forward with breathless anticipation to possibly contracting work from you for NRG. You guys are amazing, and the community is very lucky to have you.

Seth

Dark_One
05-31-2002, 06:09 PM
I wonder why Raven hasn't asked you guys to work for them :)

Lime-Light
05-31-2002, 08:10 PM
They didnt wont hire them Because Raven is evil (just wasted my money on SOF2). I like it a lot, i stil dont like the face, but you wont see that in game anyway. By sp story conversion I hope you mean a new set of sp levels, b/c that would sell it for me, even if he looked like crap. This game is about a good story to me, as with all of Star Wars. Anyway, great job, and I cant wait for your next release!

JediGhost[SITH]
05-31-2002, 08:37 PM
That model is so me. I love that robe.

*drools*

When's the release? This weekend did you say...?

Strider_W11
05-31-2002, 08:52 PM
Lime-light, dont trash talk people's work by saying they look "Craped up." Thats $&#%# up that you would say that to them. Helpful critisism is always accepted, but flat out saying someones work sucks. Thats messed up. You probably don't edit at all, and guess its easy and ****, or you wouldn't be saying that. If you don't like someones model, make your own instead of bitching about it. You sound like a damn liberal!!

Anyway, I think this character you guys made looks outstanding. I'm sure you'll make a great sp storyline to go with it. I can't wait to see your guys next piece of work.

Rajess MoDuron
05-31-2002, 09:06 PM
You misunderstood I think, what limelight was saying. They were seperate thoughts.

BloodRiot
05-31-2002, 09:18 PM
Hehe.. ok guyz I've cooled down now :)

Let's all stick to the context.

Well I'm still in the process of recording the custom sounds for this one. Although it hurts like hell to sit in front of a computer screen with this bloody flu i got.

Either way, Absath and myself will try to get this dude up for download by tonight.

See you guyz soon.

Dentalplan
05-31-2002, 09:34 PM
This looks really great!

I cannae wait!

Lime-Light
05-31-2002, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by Strider_W11
Lime-light, dont trash talk people's work by saying they look "Craped up." Thats $&#%# up that you would say that to them. Helpful critisism is always accepted, but flat out saying someones work sucks. Thats messed up. You probably don't edit at all, and guess its easy and ****, or you wouldn't be saying that. If you don't like someones model, make your own instead of bitching about it. You sound like a damn liberal!!

Anyway, I think this character you guys made looks outstanding. I'm sure you'll make a great sp storyline to go with it. I can't wait to see your guys next piece of work.

I dont know if you got the name wrong or something, but I was referring to Raven sucking, and how much I like BoodRiot and Absath's work. Maybe you should read a post before you slam someone about something they never even said. And I have done editing, and I do recogize how difficult it is.

And agian, great job guys!

Strider_W11
05-31-2002, 09:50 PM
like it a lot, i stil dont like the face, but you wont see that in game anyway.

You didnt say who or what you were talking about. I did read your post, and it sounded like you were talking about Abs and blood's character. Maybe YOU should reread what you type before posting it.

But I dont want to start an arguement, so I'm not gonna say anything more about it. Keep it up blood and abs

Machine_IX
05-31-2002, 10:02 PM
Stunning stuff. Truely amazing.

but... but...

If you don't like someones model, make your own instead of bitching about it. You sound like a damn liberal!!

You mean the... err.... liberals who are... mmm... modelers.

If you don't know squat about politics, don't talk about. Immitating daddy doesn't make you sound big.

Sorry... sorry... I couldn't help it... I'll download the model IMMEDIATELY to atone for my OT sins.

Keep up the great work.

Machine.

Mr Windsor
05-31-2002, 11:51 PM
Wow, I can't think of much more to say than those are frikkin amazing, keep it up.:eek:

Thrahl
06-01-2002, 01:10 AM
Ok.. you satisfied my question Absath :)

And I'm VERY impressed with the additions and the Sith skin too. Personally I hope you two guys do alot more original stuff like this.

Ahh.. if only I had the power to skin/model. ;) But alas that is not for me.

Pyro638
06-01-2002, 03:10 AM
WOOOOOOOW! that is fk'n great man! (BIG fan of the Mandalorian skin pack) by the way WHEN IS THIS COMING OUT? I know tonite, but can you specify that, lol i am very impatient.:p

KILL JAR - JAR!!!!
:charric::jarjar: :lightning

JediGhost[SITH]
06-01-2002, 03:10 AM
Any updates?

Also:

Well I'm still in the process of recording the custom sounds for this one. Although it hurts like hell to sit in front of a computer screen with this bloody flu i got.

Are you literally RECORDING the sounds when you have the flu? I must be mistaken!

Boy, when he gets hit, it's really gonna sound painful....

OFF SUBJECT:
Am I the only one who has no clue what the hell this thing is?

:evanpiel:

What could that possibly be?!

J_Binklestein
06-01-2002, 03:25 AM
That is Even Piell, he was on the jedi council during Episode 1. http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/evenpiell/

Pyro638
06-01-2002, 03:32 AM
Who cares about that guy i want to know where to download this when it comes out b/c JediKnightII.net it says:

Please Note the majority of the files are down for maintenance. We will announce when they are back up, on JKII.net's main page. Thank you for your patience.

SOOOO where is it gonnnna be?

MUST.... HAVE.....
:explode:
NEW.... MODELS....

Absath
06-01-2002, 04:38 AM
Yeah we've noticed that as well. Hopefully it will be cleaned up soon. I'm going to speak with James from jkii.net and ask him what the situation is. Hopefully you will be able to get the DL from jkii.net. I dont have much faith in Massassi or Polycount, because we sent them the Mandalorian pack and to my knowledge they still havent hosted it.... perhaps jk2files.com.

We'll look into it ;) we're finishing up the custom sounds right now, and im just doing some last minute tweaks to the skin.

We have decided on his name as well. Tyrion Kane is what he shall now be known as ;)

I can also give you a bit more information about the SP mod we'll be doing with this guy. To put your mind at ease, it will not just be a simple plug and play sp conversion for the jk2 game. We are going to be creating an entirely new storyline focusing on Tyrion as the player character. The storyline will chronicle his decent to the dark side at the hands of a Sith lord, and the conflict that follows. To follow in suit with the Star Wars genre, we will be releasing this storyline in a trilogy. Each Episode of the story will contain multiple chapters, featuring entirely new characters, levels, textures and sounds.

For those of you that are worried that this will interrupt our production of models, fear not. We will be creating new key players for this storyline, including obviously the Sith master that tempts Tyrion to the dark side, as well as perhaps Tyrion's former Jedi trainer, among others. These will all be made playable for MP as well as in our SP storyline. And once we have succsefully told our story, we will be allowing the community to make use of our models and textures etc for their own storytelling purposes.

So keep an eye out. either blood or myself will post here when the models have been released.

-Abs

Young Master
06-01-2002, 05:01 AM
chnaged my mind......

X_Wing_Pilot
06-01-2002, 12:46 PM
I can also give you a bit more information about the SP mod we'll be doing with this guy. To put your mind at ease, it will not just be a simple plug and play sp conversion for the jk2 game. We are going to be creating an entirely new storyline focusing on Tyrion as the player character. The storyline will chronicle his decent to the dark side at the hands of a Sith lord, and the conflict that follows. To follow in suit with the Star Wars genre, we will be releasing this storyline in a trilogy. Each Episode of the story will contain multiple chapters, featuring entirely new characters, levels, textures and sounds.

which time period in star wars is this set in?

BloodRiot
06-01-2002, 01:42 PM
Well this project is something I have in mind ever since JK1.
Back then I had thought of something like a fanfic that takes place a bit after the events of the Valley of the Jedi. Not necessarily 100% wih SW events or characters.

Right now that has changed. I wanted to make this more compatible or at least not going against the official stuff.

I want this story to include the less official stuff as possible tho, maybe like it's something that nobody ever noticed it happened. The main characters will all be original characters.

As for the timeline, well... since i changed my mind about not going against official stuff I decided that shortly after JK1 wont do at all. So the only two choices possible will be after the Jedi are reborn thanks to Luke's Academy or somewhere between the Golden Age up to the Clone Wars where most of the Jedi were wiped out. This is due to the fact that the storyline must start off with the typical Master/Padawan relationship going on an assignemnt. I shall have to be extra careful and I want to make this a very intense emotional and stressing but as real as it can be in StarWars. I can say at this point that this will mostly favor adventure and RPG instead of all time hack and slash (although some good saber action WILL be present).

Well as much as I'd like to spill my beans cuz I'm really excited about this, this is all you can have for now. A thread on this SP mod will be created when We feel ready to show you what we are doing.

Well until then please dont ask anymore question cuz this is all you're gonna get :)

JediGhost[SITH]
06-01-2002, 08:16 PM
bump :D

Mr Windsor
06-02-2002, 12:38 AM
Boomp, boomp I say.

Absath
06-02-2002, 04:35 AM
The models are being submitted to jkii.net now. Look for them soon. Enjoy ;)

-Abs

JaiFiKun
06-02-2002, 04:40 AM
the jkii.net filebase is down, damn i was lookin forward to seein you chraracter tonight

Elessil
06-02-2002, 05:29 AM
Just a question guys.. If you want I could host the model for the time being on my webhost.. No bandwith restrictions or anything, but chances are it would be taken down withint 2 days or so.

If you want to, just drop me an e-mail with the file (a slong as it's not larger than 10 MB :) )and I'll get it up immediately. If not, perfectly understandable.

Great work!

JediGhost[SITH]
06-02-2002, 02:20 PM
Noooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!

The files section has been down for like a week now! Can't you guys just upload it to a cheap geocities site for the time being?

Jkeith
06-02-2002, 02:27 PM
Very nice work guys.

BloodRiot
06-02-2002, 02:43 PM
To be honest I didnt succeed in posting it up to jkii.net.

I'll probably have to send it to James from jkii.net so he can post it up for me and Absath.

I'll try to submit the file to massassi and polycount as well.

the file will be uploaded today.

BloodRiot
06-02-2002, 04:51 PM
Model submitted to James in jkii.net. James told me he was gonna try to submit the files to massassi and polycount as well for me since my e-mail seems to choke on this big a package.

Well expect it to be available soon

cheers

JediGhost[SITH]
06-02-2002, 05:03 PM
Does this mean that the model will be available somewhere on www.jediknightii.net within the next few minutes?

BloodRiot
06-02-2002, 05:14 PM
Well now that's totally out my hands and knoledge... it's up to jkii.net now.

JediGhost[SITH]
06-02-2002, 05:20 PM
I have 3 browsers up: One on jkii.net, one on polycount, and one on Massassi.. Refreshing each one every 10 seconds or so :P

When it goes up, I'll be the first to know! :D

Absath
06-02-2002, 05:23 PM
now there is a real fan ;)

-Abs

JediGhost[SITH]
06-02-2002, 05:24 PM
Hey... It's summer, I have nothing to do..

I'm like one of those guys that sat outside of the theater for 4 months waiting on Episode 2.

JediGhost[SITH]
06-02-2002, 05:30 PM
*yawn*, *stretch*

Nothing yet, but I do believe the files section on www.jediknightii.net is back online... Or atleast when I went to the Swoop Bike the Save File box appeared.

EDIT:
I was wrong! Only some files work!

http://www.jediknightii.net/jediknight2/zeroxcape2/

If your that desperate for a certain file, it might be there.

JediGhost[SITH]
06-02-2002, 07:44 PM
Absath and Bloodriot:

Did you tell James just to give us a preview? I thought you were releasing it!

BAH!!!!!

:mad:

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=584259#post584259

Mr Windsor
06-02-2002, 07:50 PM
It looks like they should have sent the files to mod central.

JediGhost[SITH]
06-02-2002, 07:54 PM
Well, maybe James thinks it was a preview beta release (like the Fett's when james had them).. Or maybe I'm wrong, maybe it is a BETA release..

"There are no errors, unlike most other first releases, on this model which is a nice bonus too."

Hint hint hint, James. :)

It's either his mistake, my mistake, Bloodriot and Absath's mistake, or a combination of everyone's mistakes.

P.S.
I've been waiting for this skin since 11:00 this morning refreshing my browser.. Needless to say I'm not too happy right now.

Mr Windsor
06-02-2002, 07:59 PM
What I was saying was that mod central cannot actually give any more than a preview because they do not have the files.. but, I guess, this "James" could have just given the files to mod central himself if he had recieved the files... Actually that makes a lot of sense.... meh.

Keoni
06-02-2002, 08:02 PM
Calm down dude...give them break. JKii.net's files are down except for the ones you guys pointed out earlier, and Massassi and Polycount take longer to update. The more you wait here, the more angry you're gonna get(And anger leads to the dark side, young padawan). Just play some JK2, take a walk, see Ep-2 again, and maybe it will be up for download somewhere by then.

I've learned my lesson from the Mandalorian Pack...I'm quite glad how Absath and Bloodriot did this...it cut down the thread and kept most ppl from getting upset with anticipation.

JediGhost[SITH]
06-02-2002, 08:04 PM
I've been sitting here since 11:00 refreshing my browser every 10 seconds waiting on this skin.

Finally something on the main page with the word "Tyrion" appears.

I read it and it says "a link to the preview"... After 4 hours waiting, would you want to see a preview!!!?

It's either my misintrepretation or someone else's.

I just want to download the skin, which is what I have been waiting for, since BloodRiot and Absath said they uploaded it and it would be downloadable today.

NOTE:
Don't say I have no life for sitting here for 4 hours... Because your right :)

Absath
06-02-2002, 08:25 PM
ill look into it guys. the model WAS submitted for intended release. not sure what this preview thing is. gonan see if i can sort it out.

-Abs

JediGhost[SITH]
06-02-2002, 08:27 PM
"There are no errors, unlike most other first releases, on this model which is a nice bonus too."

I think that's kind of funny :)

Sort sort sort sort!

JediGhost[SITH]
06-02-2002, 09:13 PM
Any updates?

I don't know how much longer I can stand waiting!!!

*bites finger nails*
:D

JediGhost[SITH]
06-02-2002, 10:06 PM
James said he can't upload the model because the files section is changing servers!

Man :(

If someone who has it could E-mail it to me I'd be much abliged.

kannofire@yahoo.com

mtrixman
06-02-2002, 10:12 PM
wow finally a cloaked jedi. great job now if only i could get that file :(

jipe
06-02-2002, 10:49 PM
I dont have much faith in Massassi or Polycount, because we sent them the Mandalorian pack and to my knowledge they still havent hosted it.

Most likely you submitted it incorrectly to Massassi - did it have two screenshots? a description? a proper readme file? They are behind posting, but now they're catching up - they receive many improper submissions (I'd say 4/5).

JediGhost[SITH]
06-03-2002, 01:07 AM
I have come to this conclusion:

I shall never use this skin as long as I live

Because I'm never going to get it! :mad:

JaiFiKun
06-03-2002, 01:39 AM
calm yourself my young apprentice, the force brings serenity and...ok screw this...if this skin doesnt come out in 5 min im gonna go on a drinking binge(well thats not so bad;) )

mtrixman
06-03-2002, 01:47 AM
this is off topic but the kings lost to the lakers. somebody release this skin cause im depressed haha

BloodRiot
06-03-2002, 11:03 AM
Heck im sorry for the waiting guyz. I'll be trying to find an alternative until jkii.net fileserver is up again.

Elessil
06-03-2002, 11:27 AM
As I offered above, IF you are inerested I can put it up at my webspace as long as it's not larger than 10 MB. There's no bandwisth limits, although it probably will be taken down after 2-3 days.

BloodRiot
06-03-2002, 12:00 PM
I'll discuss that matter with Absath as soon as i can get in touch with him.

Thx for the offer.

Elessil
06-03-2002, 12:03 PM
OK, sure, I can totally understand if you guys wouldn't want that. If you do, just mail it to me at and I'll get it up.

CraZy_B
06-03-2002, 04:19 PM
Just tell Elessil OK. OK?:) Most people would really like to play your model.

Elessil
06-03-2002, 06:52 PM
Update.. I'm afraid that if you send it within the next 10 hours or so I wont be able to get it up. It's late evening here and I have a somewhat important test tomorrow morning, so I'll get a nap.

Sorry, but my offer still stands, if I get the file tonight I *will* upload it tomorrow morning as soon as I get up.

Whatever you do, congratulations to your great work and may the force remain with you :)

Keoni
06-03-2002, 08:41 PM
Any news on the models availability yet? Seems jkii.net is back up...and once again, a VERY slow website. But I couldn't get into the files section to check, waited 10 mins and it didn't finish loading.

Thanks!

Absath
06-04-2002, 01:52 AM
*shrug* James told me the model would be posted by tonite. thats about all I know about the situation. On the bright side, Bloodriot is nearly done with our next model....another custom character that is part of our SP conversion.

Just keep watching for the model i guess....as soon as someone sees it up, post here so everyone will know =P

-Abs

Absath
06-04-2002, 02:00 AM
spoke too soon.....Limbonik was kind enough to host it for us until jkii.net gets its act together.

http://coj.spies.com/jedi/tga/files/tyrion.zip

enjoy.

-Abs

Keoni
06-04-2002, 02:36 AM
Thank you very much Absath and Bloodriot. I've been looking forward to this model...and I'm eager to see the next addition. Great work and thanks for the temporary upload link.

JediGhost[SITH]
06-04-2002, 02:44 AM
THIS SKIN IS THE ****ING ****! ITS THE BEST ****ING THING IVE EVER SEEN IN MY ****ING LIFE!

But seriously, this was definately well worth the wait!

Question:
Is there a red or blue robed-Tyrion? Or red/blue uncaped Sith Tyrion?

Jedi_tyrion/blue = Best model I've ever seen

P.S.
Atleast you guys didnt mess up on the lightsaber this time! *COUGH* fetts *COUGH*

:)

Oh boy, its like christmas for me!!

Lime-Light
06-04-2002, 02:49 AM
Originally posted by JediGhost[SITH]

THIS SKIN IS THE ****ING ****! ITS THE BEST ****ING THING IVE EVER SEEN IN MY ****ING LIFE!

But seriously, this was definately well worth the wait!

Question:
Is there a red or blue robed-Tyrion? Or red/blue uncaped Sith Tyrion?

Jedi_tyrion/blue = Best model I've ever seen

P.S.
Atleast you guys didnt mess up on the lightsaber this time! *COUGH* fetts *COUGH*

Oh boy, its like christmas for me!!

Damn, you're kind of a dick. Nice job guys, it looks cool. Any news on the storyline and everything?

Absath
06-04-2002, 03:08 AM
im glad you guys are enjoying the models.

Yes, i did icons and red and blue robed versions for the characters as well. Try Jedi_Tyrion/Robed_Blue for example...that should access the colored robe versions...i kind of forget...it was late when i put it together.

not much to say about the sp conversion, other than we've finished outlining our story for the first of the three episodes, and we are currently in the process of creating the models we'll need for the characters in the storyline. after those are done, we'll make the maps, then finally we put it all together with scripts and cutscenes etc.

-Abs

JediGhost[SITH]
06-04-2002, 03:50 AM
The lightsaber hilt looks like a popsicle stick compared to this guy!

Absath
06-04-2002, 04:23 AM
A popsicle stick? huh?

-Abs

Elessil
06-04-2002, 04:31 AM
It looks awesome! Great work!

Just a minor suggestion from a colour-obsessed artist....the green saber doesn't go too well with the rest of his colours... I'd suggest a blue/lightblue or silver one... (all possible according to Tchoucky) Feel free to ignore this though, this is your character after all, and if he has a green lightsaber, he has a green one :)

JediGhost[SITH]
06-04-2002, 04:33 AM
Who said he has a green saber?

If you ask me: Orange goes with Jedi Tyrion

Elessil
06-04-2002, 04:39 AM
The bot of Jedi_Tyrion wields a green one, the SIth an orange...

DarthFreak
06-04-2002, 01:39 PM
Awesome character Abs and Bloodriot!
I really like this jed-ish look with the robe, it reminds me Luke in ROTJ. Very very cool indeed. 'Nuff said and GL on your next project, guys! :D

*hiss* :vadar: *hiss*

Delmar
06-04-2002, 01:57 PM
very nice, gentlemen. very nice.

i know this sounds like a nag but does this mean you'll be updating the mandalorian models now with correcting the bone error?

Thrahl
06-04-2002, 02:08 PM
Just DLed the model and its amazing. Definately love the look and the feel of the character.

My only issue with it is the same one I pointed out with the Fett models on the custom taunts. The Jedi version taunt is so low in volume that, at least in the Temple Tournament map, I couldn't make out a word he was saying. Other than that... amazing job again. I look forward to seeing the rest of your models/skins destined for your SP project.

Absath
06-04-2002, 02:27 PM
we will be doing a mandalorian fix shortly.

-Abs

TheMadDoofer
06-04-2002, 03:22 PM
Your Mandalorian models and skins are really cool, but what is wrong with the backstab? It doesn't work right. Otherwise, these are cool skins.

:fett: :fett:

CraZy_B
06-04-2002, 03:53 PM
Could we see some pics of your next model?

Thrahl
06-04-2002, 05:02 PM
next model?? heh.. give the boys some slack... a break even... exit.. stage left!

Let them recover from the Mandalorian crunch and the server problems on getting their latest work out there. Not that I'm not dying to see what they have in store next ;) I'll just sit back and wait.

Enslaver22
06-05-2002, 04:13 AM
Abolutly amazing, Great job!!! I also, since I'm new to the forums would like also to say thank you for the Mandalor skins. Also amazing job, I am totally looking forward to your sp conversion mod, I play alot of sp, and theres is only really a few good long maps out there, and one actual mod. And with the work I've seen, I have no doubts this mod will truely kick ass. Thanks again!!!:deathii:

BloodRiot
06-05-2002, 10:09 AM
Ok... guess some people are finding the skin switching rather confusing... I'll try to clear out evrything i can here.

Jedi Tyrion:
--------------

Default versions:
To use the default colored unrobed version just select him in the player menu or type "model jedi_tyrion" in the console.

To use the default colored robed version type "model jedi_tyrion/robed" in the console.

Team Colored Versions:
to use the bue colored unrobed version select it in the player menu or type "model jedi_tyrion/blue" in the console.

to use the red colored unrobed version select it in the player menu or type "model jedi_tyrion/red" in the console.

To use the blue colored robed version type "model jedi_tyrion/robed_blue" in the console.

To use the red colored robed version type "model jedi_tyrion/robed_red" in the console.

Sith Tyrion:
--------------

Default versions:
To use the default colored caped version just select him in the player menu or type "model sith_tyrion" in the console.

To use the default colored uncaped version type "model sith_tyrion/uncaped" in the console.

Team Colored Versions:
to use the bue colored caped version select it in the player menu or type "model sith_tyrion/blue" in the console.

to use the red colored caped version select it in the player menu or type "model sith_tyrion/red" in the console.

To use the blue colored uncaped version type "model sith_tyrion/uncaped_blue" in the console.

To use the red colored uncaped version type "model sith_tyrion/uncaped_red" in the console.

You can also bind keys to each of these commands
Just pop the console and type "bind X Z"
X=key to be bond to the command
Z=command you want bond
Example: Bind r model jedi_tyrion/robed

Well I hope this helps you ppl out.
We are glad you enjoy our work. As soon as i can find some willpower to take up on the mandalors again i'll fix that god forsaken saber issue :p

Cheers

Leagle
06-05-2002, 10:50 AM
There is one reborn model.
It has 5 non-team skins.
To use them in multiplayer you must change the model in the console: model modelname/skinyouwant.

This can be bound to keys.

So although they are the same models with different stuff, it acts like a completely different avatar, not an animation that changes clothes.

In essence it is "how do I change my avatar", not "how do I wear the cloak".

Absath
06-05-2002, 08:15 PM
it is not likley that we'll be showing pictures of our newest work any time soon. please just be patient, as we have a huge project in front of us at the moment. the new characters we're making right now are just part of a larger SP story we plan to tell.

it will be cool and worth the wait for most of you. thats all i can say at this time ;)

-Abs

JediGhost[SITH]
06-05-2002, 09:06 PM
Alright, here's the news... I can't get Uncaped Sith Tyrion to work in Single Player.

I've only tried Sith tyrion as of now, and I'm happy to say the caped Tyrion works perfectly :)

Well, give me another 30 minutes and I can finish the Jedi Tyrion, although I'm not sure if robed Jedi Tyrion will work (probably won't)

It seems that only the default versions of Sith/Jedi Tyrion work (not colors), and by default I mean caped and Unrobed.

UPDATE:
Okay, very confusing... I used the model.glm file and the 2 default SKIN and SURF files for Jedi Tyrion.. Naturally you'd expect no robe, but he had a robe..

In the PK3 there are default and robed.. Did you guys typo and mean UNrobed or am I just misunderstanding something..

I'm going to try the robed files and I betcha the Tyrion will turn out UNrobed ;)

UPDATE #2:
I was right ;). But I was wrong about the 2 defaults. The default sith is caped, the default tyrion is robed. Uncaped and Unrobed Tyrion don't work.. The colors on the skin get all glitched and the cape/robe appear as a ghostly grey color.. I don't know **** about modeling but I assume the problem is that there is only 1 model.glm file per Jedi/Sith, and that has a cape/robe compatible with MP, but doesnt work for SP?

Anyway here's the 2 that work:

Sith-Caped Tyrion
Jedi-Robed Tyrion

NOTE:
Yeah there's probably a way to make the unrobed and uncaped work, but I dont know how :(

Anyone know where I can host/send these PK3's for download.

Andy867
06-06-2002, 12:16 AM
you could always make a copy-cat version of the pk3, then just remove the cape/robed version of Tyrion, leaving nothing but the complete opposite...

JediGhost[SITH]
06-06-2002, 01:30 AM
Thats exactly what I did. But in reverse. I took everything out except the caped/robed and used everything else.

No matter what you do the SP won't accept it, the model.glms contain the robes/capes.

Obviously Multiplayer has a way of "dealing" with it..

EDIT:
Its not that easy, well its pretty much that easy, but you have to make all the SKIN, SURF, and GLM files go to models\players\kyle.

Keoni
06-06-2002, 01:40 AM
Are you allowed to release a SP mod for the skins? I thought Absath said they were not going to allow any until the SP Episodes were released with the models....

Leagle
06-06-2002, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by Keoni
Are you allowed to release a SP mod for the skins?

not going to allow

No, but swapping sp models is different from using them in your lvls.

JediGhost[SITH]
06-06-2002, 04:43 PM
Well so far Absath nor BloodRiot has showed up at my door to stop me from using Tyrion on SP. ;)

Absath
06-06-2002, 04:48 PM
we've decided we'll allow people to put out patches that allow people to play through the SP game as Tyrion, as some people have trouble figuring it out.

What we are not allowing is new SP levels using Tyrion, until we have put out our storyline for him. The reason for this is that we have undertaken a large project that will take some time to finish. We don't want stories for this character being released that will conflict with our own storyline when it comes out.

once we've told our story, people will have an idea of the time period and experiences of our character, and then we will allow his use for other SP mods, should people choose to use him.

we hope you all understand where we're coming from....we want the public to use our model....but we also want to preserve the integrity of his background until we've had a chance to establish it.

-Abs

Kagami
06-07-2002, 05:58 AM
Oooookay! Integrity eh? Nevermind! Still, Im peeing with excitement wondering what kick-ass model you're coming up with next!:p

gevurgazi
06-07-2002, 09:26 AM
Can one of you release a patch which makes tyrion playable in SP because whenever i try adding him to SP, he holds his lightsaber with his mouth instead of his hands:)

mtrixman
06-07-2002, 01:04 PM
put a beard on this guy and he's a obi wan skin hahaha

JediGhost[SITH]
06-07-2002, 06:10 PM
he holds his lightsaber with his mouth instead of his hands

That's because your Loading a saved game... Try starting a new SP game and it should work.

May I ask if this is caped/robed Tyrion? If hes unrobed/uncaped how did you do it!?

gevurgazi
06-07-2002, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by JediGhost[SITH]

That's because your Loading a saved game... Try starting a new SP game and it should work.

May I ask if this is caped/robed Tyrion? If hes unrobed/uncaped how did you do it!?

Thanks for advice.I will try it.By the way it's robed version:(

Absath
06-07-2002, 10:36 PM
if you guys want uncaped or unrobed Tyrion in SP, you need to manually disable the robe/cape in the .skin file that you are putting into kyle's folder. so for instance....you make a folder called 'Kyle' and in it you put the default .skin and the .glm from Tyrion....

now before you zip it up into a .pk3 and fire up a game, open up the .skin file with a text editor. find the lines reffering to the cape/robe etc and replace the texture path with "nodraw", and then the game wont be able to find the texture and you will have Tyrion without a cloak or cape.

-Abs

Kagami
06-08-2002, 01:24 AM
I know this sounds whiny but could somebody PLEASSSSSSSSSSSSE come up with a mod that allows both tyrion models to be used in single player foR noobs like me wHO noe no s*** abouT thiS complex process??:(

JediGhost[SITH]
06-08-2002, 05:21 AM
I'll take a crack at it in the morning, it's too late at night for that now... Seems pretty simple :)

EDIT:
Nevermind, I did it right now (har har)... Yeah it worked :D

I guess I'll smack 'em all up in a ZIP including:

Caped/Uncaped Sith Tyrion
Robed/Unroped Jedi Tyrion

Total: 4 PK3 files (Tyrions)

And if anyone requests I can include red/blue versions.

NOTE:
I use blue unrobed Jedi Tyrion cuz he ROCKS!!!!! ;)

That I will do tomorrow.

To BloodRiot/Absath:
Any guesstimates of when your SP Mod will be released?

Picasso
06-08-2002, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by Absath
heh i have no idea who Xanatos is =P was this in a comic book or something?
A series of books, great books actually, the series is named ''Jedi Masters Padawan'' i think, i have it in swedish so i dunno what's the name in english ;)

neways, the model(s) is looking GREAT! i love you guys :)

Jango_Fett91
06-08-2002, 03:35 PM
Hey absath what about the slave 1 level? I am really looking forward to it. Please tell me your gonna finish it up!

Jedi_Kenobi
06-09-2002, 03:36 AM
when i play with jedi tyrion/ unrobed, then switch to robed, its fine, but when i try switch back, it just makes the robed jedi tyrion go all grey
SO ne1 got a way to fix it?

(AWESOME models BTW, as good as :fett: )

Antilles98
06-09-2002, 04:25 AM
Yes, to change back just go to the player option and normally select it. It'll revert back to the default mode. Easiest way to do it I've found.

AD

Andy867
06-09-2002, 04:45 AM
you need to bind keys as I posted earlier in this threat.. you will need to set aside four(4) keys for binding...
for me I use:

bind v model jedi_tyrion/default
bind f model jedi_tyrion/robed
bind g model sith_tyrion/default
bind p model sith_tyrion/caped

that way you can use all 4 and you won't get the grayed models... Hope that helps ya guys out.. By the way, AWESOME Model Blood and Abs..!!!!

root
06-09-2002, 05:13 AM
Absath, BloodRiot, check your PMs.

No not PMS you sickos.

:D

Jango_Fett91
06-09-2002, 04:30 PM
Hehehehehe

Just testing....

Jango_Fett91
06-09-2002, 04:32 PM
Hey Absath what about the Slave one level? Are you still going to continue the level? I was so excited for level. Are still working on it?

neo6
06-09-2002, 09:20 PM
will you be able to play tyrion with the full jedi robe on? I hope so, that is what I am waiting for. Great job you two, keep yp the good work.

:vadar: :saberr:

Akshara
06-10-2002, 10:21 AM
I'd like to say that I think this model is just excellent. A great piece of work, and I look forward to seeing the full Mod adventure. The quality you've shown and the support you're getting from the community implies this will be an excellent mod.

Having said that, I'd like to express an opinion with all kindness and respect...

Though I understand your reasons, I do think it a shame that you won't allow the community to skin this model with their own creations until your full mod has been released. With everybody hoping for a Jedi model in robes, now that one has been released - to not allow the community to use it seems a little strange.

I totally understand not wanting the character Tyrion himself to be used in another SP mod. But this would be an excellent model template for a QuiGon skin, or just about any other non-reborn/jeditrainer skin of a jedi. If you wanted to keep it exclusive from the community, then why release it in the first place? Just show the preview pictures until the full mod is released.

Understand, I love your work and am really looking forward to your final version - since it obviously is being done with taste and care. But I just wanted to express my feelings to you about releasing the model and then telling the community not to use it. I would recommend just holding on to the stuff you don't want to share until the full project is finished from now on.

Or at least consider skins of your model created by others on an individual basis. A good ObiWan or QuiGon skin wouldn't hurt your mods acceptance in the community at this point. Just an opinion.

I look forward to your full release, and thanks for the time.

Absath
06-10-2002, 01:13 PM
Well, I doubt that teasing the community with screenshots for a couple of months while the mod is in development will make them as happy as actually playing with pieces of it along the way....

And for me, a side benefit is that it disallows skins like qui-gonn and obi-wan to be put over our model. Just because he wears a robe, does not make him every jedi in the galaxy. The model is not meant to be Obi-Wan or Qui-gonn, so frankly i wouldnt like to see it skinned that way. It's the same as someone wanting to skin our Fett models as a clonetrooper =P its just cheesy and half-assed. wait for the models. there is an excellent padawan/jedi Obi-wan combo in the works over at the modeling forum.

But, now that I've explained the reasons for not wanting it done, Bloodriot and I have decided to do Tyrion over again, with a sharper model and skin, since we're going all out with this SP mod and we want ti to be top notch. So consider this Tyrion a beta version...a v0.5 if you will. And you are free to skin it as it pleases you.

-Abs

Akshara
06-10-2002, 02:47 PM
You're going to redo the model? Wow, you guys are perfectionists...

Don't get too lost in the details though. From what I've seen and heard from you two so far, it's going to be an excellent mod. It will never be perfect or good enough since you are so intimately close to it - so just try to remember that it's better than you think it is. I'm not saying to not do the best you can... just be aware of the temptation to over-produce something and get caught up in the details that nobody but you will ever notice. I'm a recording artist/producer for a living, and this is the biggest downfall of most heart-felt recording projects. They try to be so slick and perfect that part of the initial creative fire gets lost in the details.

Just a friendly reminder... a vote of encouragement to trust yourself.

And thanks for allowing us to skin the beta Tyrion. I agree that having a specific QuiGon or Obiwan model is ideal - but 95% of us out here don't have access to 3DSmax and Softimage to make them. So we rely on talented individuals like yourselves to share with us... and most of you guys are currently involved in more creative projects than making models for non-original characters. I would be too...

Thanks again, and take it light.

NameItSelf
06-10-2002, 03:24 PM
I know that I'm a poor idiot for not owning this game yet. But I have the demo and would really like to see what this is all about. Is there anyway that I can do that? The demo has one pk3 that all the files are in. no other folders. I would really be grateful for any help. thank you.

j0shy
06-10-2002, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by BloodRiot
http://pwp.netcabo.pt/bloodriot/jedi.jpg
[/B]

please forgive me b/c im stupid
but is that a level or a mod...ive seen it around i dont ever remember see'n it!
thank u for telling this moron :)

Absath
06-10-2002, 04:55 PM
that is the Ladder SP level...the first one released for JK2

-Abs

j0shy
06-11-2002, 04:14 AM
aaaaaaah...ok :)

C'jais
06-11-2002, 12:07 PM
Weee.... a model that looks like me! That's excellent!

I really love the robe thingie, cool addition.

Actually, I love it so much I'd wish you guys could let it be the standard model in your newer version. So you wouldn't have to type something in the console each time you'd want to cover his body with a warm blanket.... :rolleyes:

Absath
06-11-2002, 03:37 PM
Well, we have to redo Tyrion mainly so we can add facial animations. And we figure while we're at it, we may as well tweak a couple of things here and there. There are a couple of wierd warps on the uvmaps that i had to skin around, and you'll probably find them when you try and reskin...so we want to redo them as well.

We are perfectionists, this is true. We love doing these just for the sake of doing them, but we are also trying to put together a portfolio, which has to show our best work ;)

And you should go check out the qui-gonn and obi-wan models by tex on the modeling forum. they look stunning, and may change your mind about settling for a mere skin.

-Abs

dorsdigga
06-12-2002, 08:21 PM
I really want to try this skin looks great, if someone can send me a copy my email adress is boones617@aol.com
thanks

JediGhost[SITH]
06-12-2002, 10:46 PM
Why bother having someone email it when you can click this:

http://coj.spies.com/jedi/tga/files/tyrion.zip

:D :D :D

or you can go to www.jediknightii.net and find it in the Modeling section of the Files...

(I dislike people that don't look for a file before asking for it)