PDA

View Full Version : New Project by BloodRiot and Absath

BloodRiot
05-29-2002, 04:58 AM
Ok, we've decided to divulge a little information about the secret project that we've been working on. This thread will serve the same purpose that the Fett thread did, only this model will be released rather soon, as opposed to the long, drawn out affair that the Mandalorians turned in to.

The closer we get to our proposed release date of this weekend, the more information we will release, and the more revealing the screenshots will be.

This project is actually in stark contrast to our Mandalorians, for many reasons. Most obviously is the fact that the Fett's carried with them a notoriety and infamy. A certain predetermined publicity, if you will. This alone drove community anticipation through the roof. Neither Bloodriot or I expect the same results with this project.

At first, this model may seem rather simple. And the essence of it is. Yet strangely, as basic and elementary as the concept is, there is nothing like it to be found in JK2 yet. It is because of this that we expect many people to love this project. And it is that same reason that we expect that for many people, it just won't be their cup of blue milk, so to speak.

The project is extremely close to release, so you won't have to wait nearly as long as you did for the Fett's. We will be thoroughly checking all animations in-game to make sure everything works properly, in an effort to provide you with the best product possible.

Some details I can release right now are as follows: The model will come with an entirely customized sound set, that will help to personalize the character and flesh him out as a unique persona in the SW universe. The project will include bot support and CTF variations. We will be creating a backstory for the character, so you will know where he comes from, what hes been through etc. this will also help establish the character.

At this point we are planning to do a small single player storyline involving this character and a portion of his life. There is nothing confirmed yet, but it is something we would both like to do, to help bring this project to life.

So, without further adeu, I present you with our first teaser screenshots.

http://pwp.netcabo.pt/bloodriot/shot0002.jpg
http://pwp.netcabo.pt/bloodriot/shot0003.jpg

These shots were chose specifically because of their elusive nature. As the weekend draws closer, we will show you more detailed and specific shots, until finally we release and reveal the secret we are keeping hidden that will put these models over the top

Questions and comments can be posted here, and we will try to answer promptly and to the best of our ability Enjoy.

Absath and Bloodriot

Toonces
05-29-2002, 05:02 AM
Cool, very cool :D

Pedantic
05-29-2002, 05:04 AM
Wow, I like the looks of this one! Looks a little like Episode II Obi from the back, but, of course, it wouldn't be him. :D Anyway, happy tweaking, and I eagerly await the release.

adillon
05-29-2002, 12:41 PM
WOW! i posted on another thread how much these ORIGINAL models and skins really help expand the star wars universe farther than anybody expected. Bloodriot and Absath have absolutely confirmed what i've said.

knowing how well made the madalorians were, i'm sure the entire jkII community can only expect something better. to say i'm psyched about this project, guys, is the understatement of the century.

i'm all giddy with anticipation. keep up the great work!

Absath
05-29-2002, 02:10 PM
We'll put up some more screenshots tonite for you. =)

-Abs

Azrael
05-29-2002, 02:21 PM
:eyeraise: Hey, it's looking good... what, um... what is it? Did I not read something in the first post or whatnot, or am I just dumb? I think it's cool looking and all, but what's the difference to any other skin? Is it holding two blades? Does it's hair move? Sorry, pics don't really let that off, so could you explain the motive of this? It's really cool, though.

Nanodagiardino
05-29-2002, 02:32 PM
Very cool! I can't understand the clothing, jedi monochromatic :) robes something I suppose (I guess it's on purpose)... In the second pic it looks like he has bare arms, but I can't see very well... you guys are mean... ;)

I think the main motive for their models, is that that's what THEY wanted to do, no?

[SWS]Strider
05-29-2002, 03:55 PM
Woohoo go Bloodriot and Absath. Looking foward to this.

Epimetheus
05-29-2002, 04:04 PM
Hmm. Impressive that you've gotten everything done so quickly. I guess teamwork has its perks.

Nah.

JRA_Wolf
05-29-2002, 04:29 PM
lol...figures with my luck...our models look quite similar Bloodriot :P

Nice job though, and nice job on the skin, Absath.

Lime-Light
05-29-2002, 04:31 PM
Well, there's obviously something truely amazing about this guy's front, so I cant wait to see it!

adillon
05-29-2002, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by Lime-Light
there's obviously something truely amazing about this guy's front

good call, Lime-Light. i wonder what it could be ... supposedly more screenies tonite. only time will tell.

i'm STILL giddy with anticipation. keep up the great work, Blood and Abs!

omses
05-29-2002, 08:11 PM
It kinda looks like Hercules' "Kevin Sorbo" from behind... (UGH....)
hope its not that! LOL

Klorel
05-29-2002, 10:39 PM
cool. looks kind of like a jedi... but i have no idea. you guys are putting out high quality models pretty fast, any suggestions for us newbie modelers? are you guys planning on writing any tutorials?

Absath
05-30-2002, 12:42 AM
i've been toying with the idea of creating a skinning tutorial.....it would all depend on whether or not i ever find the time =P

stay tuned for some new, more revealing pics tonite.

-Abs

BloodRiot
05-30-2002, 01:25 AM
Well i cant try to write up a tutorial with pics. Tell you what... when i start my next project.. I'll do another model from scratch as i just did this one. I used nothing of the fetts.

So as I model along, I'll take some screenies and write a doc on how im doing along with the screenies.

But I guess you'll have to wait until my next project is done.... If the next project goes as smoothely as this one... it shouldnt take more than 2 weeks tops after i start modeling.

Wait till then :)

pud1
05-30-2002, 01:55 AM
maybe its a male changling hehe
kinda like Zam

Hope i didnt guess it

Looks good can't wait
You guys should be paid for this stuff :D

Pedantic
05-30-2002, 02:07 AM
Give screenshots now! j/k ;) :D

Mr. Data
05-30-2002, 02:08 AM
You guys are very good at making new models :D

I bet that if you guys ever chose to you could make the Jedi Council members and that would truely be superb!

BloodRiot
05-30-2002, 02:09 AM
Pedantic: Tell me about it :D :p :laughing:

Lime-Light
05-30-2002, 02:35 AM
Originally posted by Mr. Data
You guys are very good at making new models :D

I bet that if you guys ever chose to you could make the Jedi Council members and that would truely be superb!

Now that would be a very large undertaking, but also very cool.

..........picspicspicspicspicspicspicspicspicspics picspicspicspics.

BloodRiot
05-30-2002, 03:00 AM
Ok... some Eye Candy as we promised. I hope you like it.

Meet the character. :)

http://pwp.netcabo.pt/bloodriot/jedi.jpg

Cheers

Absath and BloodRiot

JaiFiKun
05-30-2002, 03:11 AM
there are not words to describe how badass that is...i think i am going to cry

Lime-Light
05-30-2002, 03:15 AM
I love the robes, but the face looks...cartoony

BloodRiot
05-30-2002, 03:28 AM
The face is what's beeing given more attention now.. the thing left to do before release..........or is it?

BradFu
05-30-2002, 03:37 AM
Looks good! One suggestion I have for you is to shrink the head a touch, looks a bit large. Possibly just narrow the head and neck a bit that way the chin will be a little better proportioned. Very cool to see an original character! :)

BradFu!

Mr. Data
05-30-2002, 04:09 AM
He looks VERY cool!
The robes and mullit both look VERY good. Methinks mullits are the best Jedi hairstyle! :D

gonk-raider
05-30-2002, 04:33 AM
guys, please dont do heman models.. we'd love you people to work on the jedi concil...popular charaters not he man and shera

Pedantic
05-30-2002, 04:43 AM
Originally posted by gonk-raider
guys, please dont do heman models.. we'd love you people to work on the jedi concil...popular charaters not he man and shera

Yes, please don't do any "heman" models. :D

Kinja
05-30-2002, 04:53 AM
Yo guys, do all the humans you want, and don't worry about doing original charachters unless you want too. I'm going to do a charachter of my own design next. It might be an alien though, but the point is as long as were making star wars related charachters, no one should complain. Anyway, just my 3 cents...

Kinja
05-30-2002, 04:57 AM
Oh ya, the model and skin look awsome fellas! So what are you guys going to do next?

Royal
05-30-2002, 05:20 AM
Damn thats a sweet model. The only thing that caught my eyes was the belt maybe try useing the Craquline (hope i spelled it right) filter in photoshop on it, That might give it a more used look and add some shadows to it. Great model. What model are you guys planning on doing next ? I would like to see you do the Gyver as your next model.

-Royal

Nanodagiardino
05-30-2002, 02:13 PM
Very sweet! Just one question... don't know if its a stupid question, but is there the possibility to include some surfs? So we can go crazy skinning the fella? A bald head? a jacket? whatever? It's the best jedi model I have seen anyway, nice work.

adillon
05-30-2002, 02:16 PM
you guys are doing a great job at teasing us. and believe me when i say i'm NOT complaining. he looks *bleep* incredible!

when can we expect the next installment of teasers, especially WHO this bad@$$ is?

as always, giddy with anticipation.

ErionD
05-30-2002, 04:32 PM
You cant change the skin to give him bald hair.
Though i suppose you could make his hair skin colored.... :D

Zain Sundancer
05-30-2002, 05:10 PM
Sweetness.........

Leagle
05-30-2002, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by BradFu
shrink the head a touch

he's not a space marine.

Epimetheus
05-30-2002, 06:54 PM
Keep in mind that they mentioned that they aren't going to do anything but original characters from now on.

Unless they change their minds...

omses
05-30-2002, 11:14 PM
It does look like Kevin Sorbo....
personally, it doesnt look like anything id ever download, BUT, thats just my oppinion, everyones oppinion is vaid so theres no reason for flaming.

Absath
05-30-2002, 11:22 PM
then dont omses...i dont understand the point of announcing that you don't like it.....

-Abs

omses
05-31-2002, 03:57 AM
you dont have to be an ass about it, i was just giving my oppinion of it, geeze. It seems others feel the same way, but you dont say anything too them.

The Rel)ee(V)eR
05-31-2002, 03:58 AM
You guys think of a name for him yet? May i make a few suggestions?

Joseph De Molay (i think it fits him perfectly)
Pious Augustus

camnron
05-31-2002, 04:04 AM
Looking great you guys... keep up the excellent work....

may i make a suggestion.... i love everything you have done so far... i think it woul look cool though to have a test subject for the face...

like actually take digital pictures of someone and then photoshop them so they look like something you would see in game.... im not sure if it would make a difference but i think that an altered human image might give a better result.... look at the padme model WIP this method worked wonders...

either way i will download it... its your guys work and you guys have the final say...

this looks badAZZ

thanks for keeping this community alive blood and absath

pud1
05-31-2002, 04:20 AM
The Rel)ee(V)eR
thats sounds too close to Jacques De Molay the martyr of the Knights of Templar. Actually named a fraternity after him which was a junior organization to the Masons.
I know i was in DeMolay in a Louisiana chapter and was a Junior Councilor and a Chaplain.

Going off subject .... ugh..... looks good abs and br what's his name?

very good on the clothing textures :D

gonk-raider
05-31-2002, 05:23 AM
Watch out absath is getting touchy..he might squirt alittle

SlowbieOne
05-31-2002, 05:47 AM
Keep in mind that they mentioned that they aren't going to do anything but original characters from now on.

Really, that's a shame.:(

I was sure this model was gonna be Obi-Wan from EP.2 to go along with your Jango model, but oh well, it still looks good. :)

Too bad I'm always gonna think of Kevin Sorbo every time I see it now.:D j/k

omses
05-31-2002, 05:49 AM
LOL!
It does look like him!!!
I HATE KEVIN SORBO! did he actually think his TV show was any good? and then there was Andramada (or whatever!) MY GOD! that was a discrase to all science fiction! HURCULES! what was he thinking! BAH! GAH! AH!

sorry, i really hate Kevin Sorbo... grrrrr!

DarthCobra
05-31-2002, 06:35 AM
I know this is kinda off topic. But is there any chance one of you guy might let us look at the max from one of these models you've gotten in the game properly. So we might be able to figure out these weighting problems more?

Harbinger
05-31-2002, 07:40 AM
I must say this model looks impressive. Very impressive. Just like your other work. :)

However, I hope you guys don't totally give up on movie characters. I thought I was looking at an Episode II Obi-Wan when I clicked the link... but then I immediately thought Kevin Sorbo. :p

Though I got to mention... you guys wouldn't happen to have an Obi-Wan up in the works? I've yet to see a good Kenobi skin. :(

I was working on one actually, but I ran into major problems trying to load it in game. I was skinning over the regular Jedi skin and at the character selection screen my Obi picture was up... however when I started playing, I was playing with the Jedi skin. Really frustrating stuff.

Why can't skinning be as easy as it was in the Sims. :D

L2.0
05-31-2002, 08:00 AM
Originally posted by omses
LOL!
It does look like him!!!
I HATE KEVIN SORBO! did he actually think his TV show was any good? and then there was Andramada (or whatever!) MY GOD! that was a discrase to all science fiction! HURCULES! what was he thinking! BAH! GAH! AH!

sorry, i really hate Kevin Sorbo... grrrrr!

Wow. 3 posts from you in this thread alone making rude comments or just plain laughing for no reason. And what do you know, all 3 posts have misspellings up the wazoo...

If you don't like him, fine, keep it to yourself. But don't waste bandwidth on bull****...

If we could remove half of the posts around here, I bet we could actually view lucasforums.com from time to time...

Anyways, this guy is looking better everyday you two. Keep up the good work. And on the subject of doing original characters: Is it just me, or isn't Kyle a made up character? And all the lame ass dark jedi that have been in the DF games? I was sure they were all made up.

Last I recall, the movies only had a few Jedi...

So, make up all the bleedin' characters you guys want. If nobody wants them, oh well. Not like they're being forced to download, eh? ;)

Fardreamer
05-31-2002, 11:10 AM
Model is good, but the textures need a lot of work. They are no where near the photorealistic quality of the JO textures. The screenshot of the character from the front looks like it was taken from a SNES game. And try to give his face more of a Jedi look, and less of a surfer d00d look.

adillon
05-31-2002, 01:03 PM
hey blood and abs -

any new updates/screenies/teasers/info on this guy you might want to share with us? incredible model, guys! boy what THAT ever an understatement!

i'm still so *BLEEP* giddy with anticpation, i think i just may pee my pants ...

CupO'Coffee
05-31-2002, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by Absath
then dont omses...i dont understand the point of announcing that you don't like it.....

-Abs

the point of a forum is to exchange oppinions about a certain subject. and that's exactly what he did, almost every person in this thread stated that he likes the model, why didn't you tell them off if you don't see any point in stating ones oppinion?

ps: no offence meant, just annoys me a bit

JaiFiKun
05-31-2002, 02:37 PM
there is nothing wrong with sharing your oppinion if it is positive criticism, sayin that you just dont like the model without offering advice on how it should be changed isnt positive criticism, it is being an @$$. Bloodriot and Asbath but alot of work into everything they do, and it is not to please the general public, it is because they enjoy doin it

just my $0.02

great model guys im really lookin forward to it

Absath
05-31-2002, 04:00 PM
We were going to post these pictures last night, but Lucasforums were "taking heavy loads, and were sorry for crapping all over themselves" or something like that. so we couldnt get in to update.

So im here right now to blow the cover wide open on this project, as we plan to release it later tonite. I am going to explain the little secret we've been hiding, and show pictures.

We havent settled on a named yet, but we are very close. He will have a name by tonite when he is released. He is a young promising Jedi among the order, very powerful, but also very misguided. In our SP story conversion, we will chronicle his descent to the dark side, and his bonding with a Sith master who trains him.

Because he was once a Jedi, now fallen to the dark side, we have done two models. Until now, you have only seen the Jedi version. So i now present to you the two versions that will be released tonite, the Jedi and the Sith.

http://pwp.netcabo.pt/bloodriot/1.jpg

But that is not all. We all know that standard Jedi travel garb is a thick, flowing Jedi robe. In our readme, we will be providing instructions on how to set up hot keys to speed up the manual model change, for those that don't know. The default selectable character will be the version you see in the picture above. Through manual model selection, you will be able to put on/take off the Jedi robe, and also the Sith cape. some pictures in-game:

http://pwp.netcabo.pt/bloodriot/2.jpg

We feel that this will add a little spice to both models, and also complete the Jedi feel to the model.

Now, as we had stated before, these models are not for everyone. For some people, they will be perfect and exactly what they are looking for. They will finally have a 'real' Jedi to play as in-game. To those people I can say we're happy you are looking forward to this model. For some this model isnt glamorous enough, isnt cool looking enough etc. To those people I can only say "look elsewhere" Darth Maul will be coming out soon, among some other great looking models. perhaps our next project iwll hold some more appeal for you.

So there you have it. The whole package. Nothing superstar-like, just something rather simple, but also lacking from the game currently.

For the time being we will not be allowing reskins and SP mods to be released for this model, at least until we have a chance to put out our SP storyline we have planned. After that, we will most likely be done with this character, then allow the community to use it for their own SP levels etc.

Any questions and comments can be directed here.

-Absath and Bloodriot

PS: And the reason I don't want to see "I dont like this model. I'm not downloading it" is because we don't care. If people don't like our model, fine don't download it. We're not gonna go rushing around altering our work just to try and please every last board goer that is upset that we arent doing EP2 obi wan or some official character.

We prefer the posts with a little constructiveness in them. If someone says "I would really like this model if not for (insert reason here)" and then explain why, we'll listen. But just coming in here and saying "i dont like it. i dont want it" doesnt do anything but take up useless space. we can take bad critisicm, we already resized the head a bit due to bradfu's sugesstions (it was a tad too big) but we don't want to listen to stupid critisicm

PPS: And Omses....you sound like you have a hard on for Kevin Sorbo, since you appear to be seeing him constantly. Wishful thinking maybe? I havent talked to anyone who has seen any resemblance besides maybe a similar haircut. Get over it man.

JaiFiKun
05-31-2002, 04:15 PM
looking very good guys cant wait for more

BradFu
05-31-2002, 04:23 PM
Lookin great! I really like this project :) While I don't do any modelling (yet), I'm focusing on original characters in my skinning, there's just too much room in the Star Wars universe for playing around to not do it :D

I REALLY like the Jedi cloak! From the screenshot, it looks like you guys have pulled it off nicely, and that gives me hopes that the others that are doing that kind of thing can be successful too :) I can't wait to try this guy out, can't wait to check out your SP mod too! :)

BradFu

(PS - I'm glad my input was valuable :) )

Leagle
05-31-2002, 04:29 PM
as we plan to release it later tonite.

Yeah!

adillon
05-31-2002, 04:37 PM
hey blood and abs -

great work fellas!

i have one little question, though. couldn't you have found some really high-res publicity photo of mr. sorbo and pasted his face on your model? don't you know that you HAVE to comply with everything people think?! *resistance is futile* that's one of those unwritten rules - a "gentlemen's" agreement if you like. j/k ;)

since you plan on releasing it tonite, i don't think i'm actually gonna pee my pants ... BUT i am STILL giddy with anticipation!

what's next on your plate, if you don't mind me asking. you guys crank these out so fast, can we expect the next model by monday? hehe - i swear i'm the funniest guy i know. ;)

keep up the INCREDIBLE work!

-EDIT-

WOOHOO! this is my 100th post ... i'm a sith probe droid!!!!

Madjai
05-31-2002, 04:58 PM
looks good, but the head either looks too big or too wide for the body.

KungFuJM
05-31-2002, 05:03 PM
I think your work is very impressive. I am wondering a couple things though. First off does this model have the backstab correct, or is it set up like the fetts? Secondly I have all the software to do modeling but I have some pretty basic questions. I was wondering if it would be possible to email you guys with some questions. I don't want to burden you with them if you are busy though.

Thanks,

~KFJ

Nemesis731
05-31-2002, 05:22 PM
Another amazing model guys. I can't wait to get it. I can't wait to see what you come up with next.

BloodRiot
05-31-2002, 05:22 PM
This model has the saber alligned properlly. Backstab works ok.

gonk-raider
05-31-2002, 06:27 PM
So the final word on this is..Your not allowed to criticize their work for it will be considerd unessary and put in to the cliche of a generized *it sucks* reguardlesss if it has a intro and a body to the complaint...

gonk-raider
05-31-2002, 06:29 PM
oh, ps* kick ass work :D

gonk-raider
05-31-2002, 06:33 PM
I've spoken to other people aobut hte first shows, and since the gear looked rather.. shabby and well barberous with the big thick hair it did remind me of kevin surbo the man who played herculese.. does that mean i have a hard on for him??? I think not.

BloodRiot
05-31-2002, 07:04 PM
Ok... Im getting really tired of the Kevin Sorbi cracks. I dont see Kevin Sorbo when I look at my model. Absath doesnt see Kevin Sorbo when he looks at his skin. But for the sake of argument let's say he does look like him. What the hell do you want me to do then?

What am i supposed to do? what changes should I make to this model assuming i would?

This is diference between BradFu's critique and gonk-raider's cr@pping through his mouth.

I listen to stuff i can work with.

The Model is gonna be released as it is...as you see him there... all those who dont like it are free no to download it.
It's not like im working at McDonnalds trying to please an unsatisfied custumor. This is my hobby for crying out loud.

This is specially directed to Gonk and Omses.... dont think anyone else deserves this.

gonk-raider
05-31-2002, 07:08 PM
wow, I didnt even make a comment on it except for a lazy Its kick ass due to my lack of insperation to actualy tell you what i liked about it...but yet..I WAS CRAPPING THROUGH MY MOUTH.. right!!! are you high?

and I sorta applogize, Atleast you guys are making the effort :D

BloodRiot
05-31-2002, 07:16 PM
Gonk... i see you taking smart ass remarks on other people's work ever since before the sdk came out and people could only skin the game models.

what i meant is i can deal with comments that give me ideas to make this one better.

The Kevin Sorbo cracks dont relly tell me what I should do to make it better.

I can dela with "It's great!" I can deal with "it's not bad I guess!" I can deal "I'm sorry but I dont like it!"

I can deal with "you should make his head smaller!" i can deal with "I think his skin is can still be bettter!"

But what the hell am I gonna do with "He looks like Kevin Sorbo!"...specially when it's repeated over and over. Is it a good thing? Is it a bad thing? What should be changed? Are you asking me to change anything btw?

Hell.... be contructive on your criticism dammit. Ican take bad reviews as long as I agree that yes it could be better and yes i can make it better.

That is all.

Absath
05-31-2002, 07:18 PM
gonk...thats all you ever do. no one likes you on these boards. everyone hates to see you in their threads. You dont read what anyone writes, because if you did you wouldnt have posted :

"So the final word on this is..Your not allowed to criticize their work for it will be considerd unessary and put in to the cliche of a generized *it sucks* reguardlesss if it has a intro and a body to the complaint..."

because you would have read that i posted that only comments like "it sucks" will be put into the generalized "we dont give a sh*t what you think" category. anything with subtance in the critisicm will be read and considered.

tho you have been permanently in the above category since you trolled your way over to these boards a couple of months ago.

-Abs

Demijedi
05-31-2002, 07:35 PM
Hey Absath and Bloodriot... I don't know what's happening to the people in this thread... but I'd just like to take a time out and make it clear that you guys are the mack $h!t. I think your model looks incredible, and I will, without a shadow of a doubt, be downloading it the moment I notice it has been released. Thank you very much for contributing your amazing skills toward bettering the online Jedi Outcast community. I like the fact that you guys are now only making custom Jedi/Sith. It's much more creative... and although I enjoy models of the main Star Wars characters, I will also very much enjoy stepping into the mind of Absath and Bloodriot to see their creativity in action in the form of custom models. I may even have some idea's for future custom models if you guys are interested. Thanks again guys...

~Demijedi

omses
05-31-2002, 07:40 PM
Ok, I said it looked like Kevin Sorbo because when I first saw his face it was the first thing that came to mind. I dont have sex with kevin Sorbo, Or love Kevin Sorbo, or even get a "hard on" as Abs likes to put it (Although hes one sexy bitch! LOL) Your right, you dont have to change it at all! BUT, why do you post pictures and ask people what they think if your not willing to hear critism? "I dont like it" isnt critism, what would i do to fix it? (assuming you feel it needs fixing) IF i had made it I would have reskinned the face, I dont see anything wrong with the model at all, (although his head seems a little big, but I know some people with really big heads)
there thats what i think is wrong with it, I think it resembes Kevin Sorbo too closely, who would be the last actor I would choose for a jedi.
BUT, thats just me.
I loved your Jango/Boba Models/skin
your right maybe im not ready for "Original characters" yet, im still in the Star Wars buzz from the movie. But I did like the Sith outfit and the outfit with the robe robe.
If I would change ANYTHING it would be the way he looked.
and you dont have to change it, You guys said you didnt see Kevin Sorbo at all! BUT, others said they did, so its not just me.

THE END!

Ps. excuse my spelling im from Canada.

xlXTaIXlx
05-31-2002, 07:41 PM
i dont know y ppl dont like ure model
maybe becuz they can't make models themselves

plus, working on an original model gives more freedom
if they were working on a SW character, then they would have more criticism on what the character looks like, "u're missing his left pocket", etc.

btw, keep up the good working

- tai

Toonces
05-31-2002, 07:47 PM
Looking real sweet guys, the robed Jedi gives me confidence that my Sidious robe can work in JK :D

One suggestion though, on the one with the dark uniform, darken his hair a little bit to a deeper brown, and perhaps add a little bit of facial hair on him too, a little gotie or something simmilar, would really add to the overall "badass" feel that he gives off.

The other two are just about perfect. I'd suggest that on the robed one to skin a silver necklace with a thin chain, and some kind of ornament.

Fabulous you two :D

ps. Check your PM's when you have a sec blood, I had another question for you :cool:

CT :deathii:

Oobedoob Benobi
05-31-2002, 08:58 PM
Wow nice job guys! I bet you could make a really good SP story with that character if you work hard enough! Can't wait for the final release!

Nemesis731
06-01-2002, 01:06 AM
Just bumping this up.

Artic Blade
06-01-2002, 03:26 AM
Did you guys say you were NOT doing star wars characters? *kneels down and thanks god* but instead original characters from your own minds? i was a little shocked from that so i didnt really read thru all the hercules stuff.

sweet model guys, the robe looks sweet and is bringing amazing ideas into my mind. (star wars meets matrix? keeanu reeves with a lightsaber?)

Andy867
06-01-2002, 03:47 AM
Hey absath, I know our paths haven't exactly crossed on good, firm ground, but I was wondering, since you did point out to me when requesting models, to actually request star-wars related ones... well, when I saw the Jedi-robed model you are working on, I just could picture an anakin like that, only with a black robe, and darker hair, so I was wondering if in your near-future spare time, if you could maybe, possibly work on a robed anakin.. I have plenty of screenies , and bloodriot, could you help out with the skinning, or is it vice versa... well, the two of you I guess:) If you could just make that ONE Model, I will never ask for another model again... :)

Archmv04
06-01-2002, 03:57 AM
You guys do great work. I'm a big fan of the Mandalorians you guys made befor this project. I was reading and the model is due to come out tonight? I was wondering what Time.

Klorel
06-01-2002, 04:33 AM
looks great. glad someone is making quality origional story lines. and hell, i bet a few good skinners out there could whip a pretty nice obiwan and qui-gon skin out of that model, when you allow skinning of course :p i know i'd like a crack at it. keep up the good work and i cant wait to see your next project.

Absath
06-01-2002, 04:40 AM
Well it seems jkii.net is experiencing some issues with their file-base. im not sure how this affects new submissions. I'm going to speak with James from jkii.net and ask him what the situation is. Hopefully you will be able to get the DL from jkii.net. I dont have much faith in Massassi or Polycount, because we sent them the Mandalorian pack and to my knowledge they still havent hosted it.... perhaps jk2files.com.

We'll look into it ;) we're finishing up the custom sounds right now, and im just doing some last minute tweaks to the skin.

We have decided on his name as well. Tyrion Kane is what he shall now be known as ;)

I can also give you a bit more information about the SP mod we'll be doing with this guy. To put your mind at ease, it will not just be a simple plug and play sp conversion for the jk2 game. We are going to be creating an entirely new storyline focusing on Tyrion as the player character. The storyline will chronicle his decent to the dark side at the hands of a Sith lord, and the conflict that follows. To follow in suit with the Star Wars genre, we will be releasing this storyline in a trilogy. Each Episode of the story will contain multiple chapters, featuring entirely new characters, levels, textures and sounds.

For those of you that are worried that this will interrupt our production of models, fear not. We will be creating new key players for this storyline, including obviously the Sith master that tempts Tyrion to the dark side, as well as perhaps Tyrion's former Jedi trainer, among others. These will all be made playable for MP as well as in our SP storyline. And once we have succsefully told our story, we will be allowing the community to make use of our models and textures etc for their own storytelling purposes.

So keep an eye out. either blood or myself will post here when the models have been released.

-Abs

Harbinger
06-01-2002, 04:50 AM
Abs--

Great skin. By far, it's the best Jedi garb I've seen thus far. Especially like the dark browns contrasting with the traditional light fabric. A style I haven't really seen so much. Nice work.

Riot--

That cloak looks awesome! It's something I've definitely been looking forward to for quite a while. And to toggle it on/off with a hotkey... too cool! And love the mullet. ;) Thanks a bundle.

I only have two suggestions. It might be a little too late for these but whatever may help. You've already got a top skin here.

i. re-size the head. I understand you might've already done this but it still seems a little to wide for me. The neck also seems somewhat large to me.

ii. touch up the face. It seems a little too animated I think. Maybe use a pic off IMDB as a template and work on that.

Overall.... great work. I'll be one of the first to download with my crappy 56k (more like a 28... bah.)

Andy867
06-01-2002, 05:15 AM
Hey abs, maybe you could have someone make the Sith Temple of Korriban where Tyrrion Kane could be trained in the Sith Arts.. I have plenty of screen pics to go with it, and I'm sure you've seen ym threads, like this one lingering around the Forum http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=581276#post581276 That would make for a good quest/subquest for the storyline of this new project you and blood are storming up...

Leagle
06-01-2002, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by Harbinger

re-size the head.

It's no space marine.

Why is Tyrion sounding familiar???

L2.0
06-01-2002, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by Andy867
Hey abs, maybe you could have someone make the Sith Temple of Korriban...

Blood/Abs: Sorry for the quick hi-jack.

We are currently working on mapping the planet of Korriban right now. So, while it may not be in Blood's & Ab's SP, it will be in our TGA mod.

Absath
06-01-2002, 09:05 PM
Lol Limb, get off our thread, ya big ninny ;)

-Abs

Nemesis731
06-01-2002, 09:41 PM
So, just out of curiosity, when can we expect them to be ready to download, because I can't wait to get these models. :edeaths:

Darth Caedes
06-01-2002, 11:18 PM
Who's Kevin Sorbi?

Although this doesn't seem like my cup of tea, I'll probably DL it, and like it ingame (maybe I'll replace NPCs with it).. But SP expansion? L33tness in a box.

-Darth Caedes-

Mr. Data
06-02-2002, 12:02 AM
Originally posted by Leagle

It's no space marine.

Why is Tyrion sounding familiar???

Well I dunno about you, but when I first read "Tyrion", it instantly reminded me of "Tyrael" from the PC game Diablo 2.

Data :aobi: :saberb:

Artic Blade
06-02-2002, 01:00 AM
now theres an idea! a tyreal model! changed just enuf so that blizzard couldn't sue. but how(if you could) do the flowing wings? thats the coolest part of everyones faveroite (or at least my fav) archangel combating the forces of evil. well, best part next to the flaming sword, or the armor or the...

Absath
06-02-2002, 04:46 AM
The models have been submitted. Look for them soon. Enjoy ;)

-Abs

JaiFiKun
06-02-2002, 04:49 AM
where did you submit them to ?

iTeM
06-02-2002, 10:34 AM
Perhaps Tyrion sounds familiar because it's a total ripoff from the tabletop game Warhammer fantasy battles?

That's not a bad thing, though... Tyrion was (is?) one of the most bad-ass special characters (even though he was a gay-high-elf).

keep up the good work!

Leagle
06-02-2002, 11:23 AM
No, really -I'm british. It's shameful I didn't connect.

Heh, look for them next week more like.;)

DarthMark
06-02-2002, 11:35 AM
i think this is cool, he looks like a proper jedi but not from the star wars universe, good work!!!!!!!!!

also from one of the pics with all 3 characters on i can see the middle one as a very good base for more well known jedi, like mace, obi wan etc

Absath
06-02-2002, 01:49 PM
well ive never played warhammer so its not a "total ripoff", its just a coincidence. i mean christ, did you complain when you first heard lukes name? "Hey! i have a friend name luke! george lucas ripped off his name!"

please dont be so ignorant =P Luke....Kyle....all boring and common names, but as soon as we create a name that for instance, has 3 letters in common with another (Tyreal) or was used elsewhere, suddenly its a rip off.

you people seriously need to consider the creative process for a moment, and ask yourself what exactly is original anymore. Most stories, at their heart have been done a hundred times before, Star Wars included. Its how you tell that story that makes it unique. Everyone has to get their ideas somewhere, and they come from a natural process of thought.

for a name, you stumble upon a common root, add some letters from different words and rearrange them etc, and you've created an original name. or have you? what if someone else followed that same thought process in a completly different area. or a slightly different line of thinking and produced the same results. two people create the same thing, entirely separate from eachother.....does that make it any less original or either of them?

i really wish some people would think before they open their mouths.

-Abs

iTeM
06-02-2002, 01:59 PM
Absath, what's your problem?

If you actually READ my post you should have noticed that I said:
-That's not a bad thing, though

kinda nice "coincidence" after all... =P

-=Ingen kan hindra oss från att dricka jättemycket ööööööl!=-

iTeM
06-02-2002, 02:02 PM
absath, could you please tell us how you indeed came up with your not-so-original-anymore name?

while you're at it, you could tell me where to download your model... I can't seem to find it anywhere =\

Leagle
06-02-2002, 02:34 PM
i really wish some people would think before they open their mouths.

Uptight

BloodRiot
06-02-2002, 02:52 PM
The File hasnt been posted up yet. I tried last night but to no avail. The mail just didnt went through.

I'll try again now.

BloodRiot
06-02-2002, 03:00 PM
The File hasnt been posted up yet. I tried last night but to no avail. The mail just didnt went through.

I'll try again now.

Leagle: Uptight my @ss! We spent 2 nights selecting names and performing name and word combos to come up with a name. Personally i only know enough from warhammer to say that i dont like it. I never played it...and i certainly dont know no character named tyrion. It's just sad we spent a whole heap of time trying to come up with a decent product and someone labels it as a total rippoff.

One thing is saying that it's the same name as a character in warhammer.. the other is saying that it's a total ripoff.

Absath
06-02-2002, 04:34 PM
Leagle, you're not allowed to talk to me until you are no longer a Gungan. At that point we'll discuss your misuse of the word uptight in this situation.

iTeM, I did read your post, and saying "its not a bad thing" doesnt make up for the fact that you called it a rip-off, thus implying that we arent creative enough to make up our own name. As if we spend a couple of weeks creating an entirely original character with a backstory and history, and then resort to theft when we need to choose a name =P

I came up with the name by combining two previous names i liked, but didnt quite fit the character- Trystan and Zion. with some creative rearranging i came up with Tyrion, but not before passing through Tyros, Tryzio,Trysz, Trioyn and a number of other failed combinations =P

-Abs

BloodRiot
06-02-2002, 04:47 PM
Model has been submitted to James at jkii.net. He will try to post'em up at massassi and polycount since my mail seems to choke with the size of our mods.

Well expect him to be up soon.

Thx.

Lime-Light
06-02-2002, 05:08 PM
Yay.

Hey, can I write the story for Tyrion (I'm an author).

EDIT: I just had a thought. If he starts out as a padawan, shouldnt he have the padawan haircut?

Leagle
06-02-2002, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by BloodRiot

Leagle: Uptight my @ss! We spent 2 nights

People spend their whole lives being uptight. I said his snappy response was uptight, so is yours. It is YOU who needs to think before opening your mouths.

I never said you nicked a name. All I said was that it was known from somewhere.

Leagle
06-02-2002, 07:37 PM
I would like to say that the name fits nicely: High, brilliant and not a little bit haughty.

The "Prince Tyrion" bloke has the name for the same reason.

iTeM
06-02-2002, 07:49 PM
Of course I thought it to be a total rip-off when I first heard (read) his name! The chance that you guys made up the EXACT same name as Games Workshop did is, after all, kinda small. I don't regret what I said, but I'll excuse for my choice of words since you got so bitchy about it, Absath.

Your problem is that you always seem to be in a "defend" position. All I said was that it was a rip-off, which I thought i to be.
Do you really think that is strange?

So stop crying about it and get that model uploaded!

iTeM
06-02-2002, 07:52 PM
And I do agree with Leagle, the name fits the character. I have never said anything else.

KungFuJM
06-02-2002, 08:02 PM
Leagle and Item you are both a waste or air. Why don't you shut up and flame somone else. These guys go though all this work, and time on their own and all you can do is scream rip-off and bull****.

You guys did a great job, ignore them they are just jealous that they can't come up with an amazing model and name.

~KFJ

iTeM
06-02-2002, 08:06 PM
I really don't want to take up any more space, but absath and bloodriot should know that I'm not saying anything bad about their model/skin. And I really don't think Leagle is either (he hasn't even said anything like that, has he?). So you can plz shut the *insert bad word here* up!

BradFu
06-02-2002, 08:10 PM
Geez, why are you guys arguing with Absath and Bloodriot on the name? You may not see it, but your posts about that have been not-quite-civil. Take a moment and think about the way someone might feel in response to your words. By calling the name a ripoff, you just virtually spit in their faces. The chance that they made up the same name is actually really good. I highly doubt Games Workshop was the first to use that name, either.

We all should try to post with a cool head (or sober, as the case may be :) )

BradFu!

Absath
06-02-2002, 08:39 PM
If we were getting paid for any of this, I could let every snide comment roll right off my back. But we aren't. We're doing this for free, investing our time and effort in this for no other reason than we enjoy it.

In my opinion, we shouldn't have to hear anything aside from constructive critisicm (good or bad) or praise. Any other comments made with malicious intent or under the impressions that we owe the community something i will either ignore or defend or occasionally lash out at. thats just me. Bloodriot often laughs because he knows my temper and my sarcasm over things like that. im not uptight, im defensive of the investment i make in these projects.

To be truthful, i would be just as happy to create the characters and keep them for personal use on my LAN to play with amongst my friends etc as i am to release them to the public. I am an artist, and my enjoyment comes from the creation, not from fame or praise.

but i want these models to hit the public, because not everyone can create their own characters etc and i feel it would be damned selfish to keep these models from providing enjoyment to the public. but that does not mean we have to put up with certain types of comments. we do for the community, without asking anything from the community in return, except to be civil and thought out with your comments.

i have spoked with James btw....since jkii.net is swapping file servers, Tyrion will be delayed in posting =P he assured me that this model will be the very first file posted to the new boards, so you can all DL it as soon as possible. He is also forwarding the model to Massassi and Polycount (tho we sent them our Mandalorian models and they have yet to post those...) so hopefully you'll get your hands on these models soon.

-Abs

Vladimir_Berkov
06-03-2002, 12:03 AM
Will you guys put out a tutorial on how you made that robe work?

L2.0
06-03-2002, 12:18 AM
Originally posted by iTeM
Of course I thought it to be a total rip-off when I first heard (read) his name! The chance that you guys made up the EXACT same name as Games Workshop did is, after all, kinda small.

It's funny that Games Workshop apparently made it up. I've seen it in a book of names for newborns for ages man. Maybe GW just took the name from elsewhere's themselves?

Droidekas
06-03-2002, 12:59 AM
Tyrion - Tirion. It's Tolkien!(and its the name of a city that he took somewhere else prob) Games workshop never and can't invent anything. They are just good at taking ideas from others and crapping them together. In any case I can't understand the name thing. If you don't like it, just reskin it and call it John Doe if you like! Absath, you don't even need to justify to these buck-toothed troglodytes your choices! (Especialy when I think they are just tying to spark your temper on purpose).

Pedantic
06-03-2002, 02:34 AM
Originally posted by Droidekas
(Especialy when I think they are just tying to spark your temper on purpose).

Which doesn't seem too hard to do.

Mr. Data
06-03-2002, 02:38 AM
Um...to Mr. Bloodriot & Absath

You guys never mentioned me, so I'm not sure if you guys are pissed at me or not. But I would just like to say I had no intention to piss you guys off (if I even did) because I was just replying to someone who said the name sounded familiar and I just told him what it reminded me off. I never said I was a rip off or unoriginal.

Anyhoo, since you guys only want constructive criticism or praise:
I think Tyrion looks very kickarse! I hope jkii.net can have it up within a couple days! :D

Data :aobi: :saberb:

Leagle
06-03-2002, 08:22 AM
Originally posted by KungFuJM
Leagle and Item

**** you!

You are out of hand. Read my post and you'll see who is flaming.:swear:

Leagle
06-03-2002, 08:32 AM
comments made with malicious intent or under the impressions that we owe the community something i will either ignore or defend or occasionally lash out at. thats just me.

I'm not giving you stick. You're making it. You are being uptight, it's the perfect description. It is not "occasionally", at least, not here. You need to control your anger, 'cause while I know there are cases where you may unleash it, but when one guy says the name fits, and gives an honest description of part of you is not the time to lose it.

YoDa2k2
06-03-2002, 09:45 AM
Just ignore him guys.... its obbious that he's the minority hear...

keep up the good work guys and i think its a fine name :D

C]-[33S3/\/\@N
06-03-2002, 01:57 PM
Whats in a name anyway? I just wanna see this outstanding piece of work ingame.

Great work guys, thx for all of it :D

Cheers

Nemesis731
06-03-2002, 02:39 PM
What's in a name, that which we call a Montague. What's a Montague, it is nor hand, nor foot...by an other name would smell as sweet.- Romeo and Juliet

This sounds like Romeo and Juliet, fighting over a name. I like the name and I think Absath and Bloodriot have the right to be mad. If someone called something I did a rip off I would be angry too. So I think you guys owe them an apology. Oh and great model guys, hope JK2.net gets it up soon.

Leagle
06-03-2002, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by Nemesis731
So I think you guys owe them an apology.

I owe none an apology. Read the posts again. Nobody's fighting over a name.

kenad
06-03-2002, 03:16 PM
Hey Leagle and Item (are you an item together?)
Anyway, if you meant nothing by it, why don't you shut up and let it pass. Do you have to argue over a point that you have obviously failed in making? You are backpedaling now!
Lay off the guys for their great work!
I wait until you create a model (and skin) of this quality and name it. I want to be first in line to tell you that its a rip-off.

Until then (which I doubt will come (I said 'of this quality'))

K

Leagle
06-03-2002, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by kenad
[B]Hey Leagle

torowa-sdg
06-03-2002, 03:54 PM
Seems to me the problem is folks using inflammatory words ("ripoff"). That turns otherwise innocent/normal questions into firestarters.

Inflammatory: That name is a rip off of Warhammer!

Non-Inflammatory: Hey, did you guys get that name from Warhammer?

Anyway, more importantly, who's going to undertake the task of replacing Tyrion's head with Kit Fisto? :)

sithlord-II
06-03-2002, 03:57 PM
warhammer
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

hehehe sorry i couldn't help myself
;)

KungFuJM
06-03-2002, 04:01 PM
Leagle, in response to you telling me "**** you"

you can

Blow me Bitch!
You Ain't ****!

~KFJ

Leagle
06-03-2002, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by sithlord-II
warhammer
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

hehehe sorry i couldn't help myself
;)

Actually neither could I, but I waited a bit to calm down. It was sooo popular in schools at one point. If you didn't have badly painted, glue encrusted warhammer stuff you were the subject of extreme pity. The only thing I liked was the artwork -that was nice. (The future one anyway.):)

Norin Radd
06-03-2002, 06:01 PM
OK, Jediknightii.net says that they have their files fixed. So, hopefully we'll be able to get this magnificent mod. :D

JediDante
06-03-2002, 06:44 PM
Yeah it's going to be great!
It's also going to be one of my top characters to be.

Lord -=[FBF]=-
06-03-2002, 06:54 PM
yeh guys, great work!

Absath
06-03-2002, 07:23 PM
James assured me that the file will be posted by tonite.

-Abs

iTeM
06-03-2002, 07:55 PM
this is so lame. I thought people actually thought through what they were going to write before they actually do write it.

I've already stated that I THOUGHT it to be a rip-off. AND I've apologized, so will people please shut up? I want this model as badly as anyone else and I'm not jealous that I can't make models like this, skin like that etc. That is NOT why I said what I did, I was replying to a question.

So let it go, ok?

gonk-raider
06-03-2002, 07:55 PM
So when will you guys make his side kick? what was he name? Eolis?

Norin Radd
06-03-2002, 08:11 PM
Well, looks like I spoke too soon, because now jediknightii.net's site will not even come up.:p

. . .Oh well, patience.

BloodRiot
06-03-2002, 08:16 PM
Item: no biggy... it's gone like sand in the wind.

Norin: this is probably the first time i could access the forums and not the site.. it used to be the other way around ;)

hope you guyz can get it soon

iTeM
06-03-2002, 08:43 PM
I got in to jediknightii.net, and they stated that they've got their fileserver up and running. but I can't find Tyrion!

bah!
double-bah!

Absath
06-04-2002, 01:57 AM
Soon guys. thats as much information as i have =P soon....

-Abs

Absath
06-04-2002, 01:59 AM
well...here...this is temporary, just to start getting the model out to those who really want it, and have been following the thread. just until jkii.net gets their act together.

http://coj.spies.com/jedi/tga/files/tyrion.zip

enjoy....

-Abs

Norin Radd
06-04-2002, 02:11 AM
Absath, BloodRiot, you two are the dynamic duo. :D

Kagami
06-04-2002, 02:24 AM
Okay, Im not gonna go soppy ove you guys but YOU TWO FREAKIN HELL ROCK!!!!!!!! Its people like you that make a game woRth playing! Here's to Bloodriot and Absath! Great teamwork Guys! You Totally RulE! *Pops Champagne* WOOOOOOOOo:D

volrathxp
06-04-2002, 02:39 AM
agreed. Good job both of you. The model is really good looking. :)

volrath

Absath
06-04-2002, 03:10 AM
we're glad you guys are enjoying the models ;)

-Abs

JaiFiKun
06-04-2002, 04:59 AM
very nice guys, although i cant get the robe/unrobe function to work properly(when i unrobe the model just goes grey...:( ) overall these are my new favorite skins:D

Pedantic
06-04-2002, 05:19 AM
Sweet! I can't wait to try these out! :D

L2.0
06-04-2002, 05:59 AM
well...here...this is temporary, just to start getting the model out to those who really want it, and have been following the thread. just until jkii.net gets their act together.

http://coj.spies.com/jedi/tga/files/tyrion.zip

enjoy....

-Abs

LOL! I knew you guys wouldn't be able to resist. ;)
Hope ya'll enjoy him, God only knows I am.

"Start thinking like a Sith. Don't just fight in the forest, destroy the forest..."

torowa-sdg
06-04-2002, 01:36 PM
Thanks for putting up the file, got it last night and had a blast on a duel server.

rut-wa jodar
06-04-2002, 02:09 PM
Raven should be giving Absath & Bloodriot a share of the royalties for making a great game into an INCREDIBLE game.
Another fantastic set of models Guys !!! :D :D :D

Jussi Suvanto
06-04-2002, 02:31 PM
Well, I just can be amazed. These are one of the best models/skins for JO. Thank you for these!

Absath
06-04-2002, 02:31 PM
hehe wouldnt that be nice ;)

-Abs

quigon1
06-04-2002, 02:45 PM
Very good job you have done Absath and BloodRiot !!!

Now it's my favorite model ;).

Thank you to all that you have done in order to make happy the jk's community.

Qui-Gon Jinn, a jedi protecto of the Republic.

Nemesis731
06-04-2002, 03:00 PM
Amazing models guys, but I have a problem. When I switch from robed to unrobed and then back to robed I get a grey model. What's wrong? This also happens with the sith one too, but besides that great model.

Archmv04
06-04-2002, 03:34 PM
Good job when I heard you guys where only gona do original models I thought it was gona be a waste of talent but you guys proved me wrong and that cape on Sith Tyrion is very nice :). But I can't take it off him i read the read me file and i can uncape him or add the robe to his jedi counterpart. Can any one tell me how to do it. and Keep your models comeing there very good. :)

peloquin
06-04-2002, 03:39 PM
great job guys I'll have many fun hours playing with this model. I'm using the model in the single player and I have one question: would it be possible to change between the robed and non-robed model in single player like you can in multiplayer? I have both models bound to keys in multi so just before a fight i can drop my robe and put it back on after :)....Would love to be able to do that in single player...any ideas how?

cheers and once again great job :)

peloquin
06-04-2002, 03:43 PM
for you who asked, to put the robe on type model jedi_tyrion/robed to take it off type model jedi_tyrion/default and likewise for the sith version

Evil_Gloop
06-04-2002, 04:08 PM
Great models

Give us more, PLEASE!!!

What's the next project going to be?

numberonedrum
06-04-2002, 11:06 PM
I have to say, i love the looks of the screenshots. They certainly look phenomenal. I can tell you put a lot of work into your creations. I can't wait to download these at home (i'm at work right now) and check 'em out on JK2.

I must say though, Absath and Blood Riot... you both have my respect. I am an artist myself, mostly just pencil and paper, but hey, i do what i can in my time, which isn't much. However, i did draw up an original Twi'Lek Jedi that i think would make a cool model and might be something you guys would want to do. Let me know if you're interested in seeing it and i can get it scanned in. If you could just send me an email, numberonedrum@kaiburrsaga.com and i'll get it to you.

Thanks for sharing your awesome work with us all.

Jarett

DarthMark
06-04-2002, 11:34 PM
this model is awesome!!!!!!!
i love it
just a question, y does backstab work this time, wat went wrong last time with the mandalorians

Oobedoob Benobi
06-05-2002, 12:39 AM
This model is great! I only two problems with it though that you might want to fix up. One (which isn't a biggie) is the jedi tyrion's taunt is really quiet. The other problem I found was when changing to sith tyrion capeless he turned all gray and became the sith tyrion with the cape. Thank you for such a great model!

Andy867
06-05-2002, 01:15 AM
I also ran across the gray Tyrion "model" and easily fixed it.. you will need to set aside 4 bind keys to get it all to work... for me I have it set as this:

bind p model jedi_tyrion/robed
bind i model jedi_tyrion/default
bind v model sith_tyrion/caped
bind g model sith_tyrion/default

instead of the UNrobed and UNcaped, just replace it with the word default, and it will fix it.... by the way Blood, did you get my PM by chance?

BloodRiot
06-05-2002, 09:56 AM
Ok... guess some people are finding the skin switching rather confusing... I'll try to clear out evrything i can here.

Jedi Tyrion:
--------------

Default versions:
To use the default colored unrobed version just select him in the player menu or type "model jedi_tyrion" in the console.

To use the default colored robed version type "model jedi_tyrion/robed" in the console.

Team Colored Versions:
to use the bue colored unrobed version select it in the player menu or type "model jedi_tyrion/blue" in the console.

to use the red colored unrobed version select it in the player menu or type "model jedi_tyrion/red" in the console.

To use the blue colored robed version type "model jedi_tyrion/robed_blue" in the console.

To use the red colored robed version type "model jedi_tyrion/robed_red" in the console.

Sith Tyrion:
--------------

Default versions:
To use the default colored caped version just select him in the player menu or type "model sith_tyrion" in the console.

To use the default colored uncaped version type "model sith_tyrion/uncaped" in the console.

Team Colored Versions:
to use the bue colored caped version select it in the player menu or type "model sith_tyrion/blue" in the console.

to use the red colored caped version select it in the player menu or type "model sith_tyrion/red" in the console.

To use the blue colored uncaped version type "model sith_tyrion/uncaped_blue" in the console.

To use the red colored uncaped version type "model sith_tyrion/uncaped_red" in the console.

You can also bind keys to each of these commands
Just pop the console and type "bind X Z"
X=key to be bond to the command
Z=command you want bond
Example: Bind r model jedi_tyrion/robed

Well I hope this helps you ppl out.
We are glad you enjoy our work. As soon as i can find some willpower to take up on the mandalors again i'll fix that god forsaken saber issue :p

Cheers

C]-[33S3/\/\@N
06-05-2002, 11:12 AM
Gentlemen, thank you for your time.

This model is absolutely spot on!

Unfortunately for me, im having MP issues ATM and can no longer reliably play MP anymore, ive reinstalled numerous times, and tweaked and whatnot, all to no avail.

Basically, what i was wanting to find out, if possible of course, was what sort of timeframe did you fellas have in mind for your SP version and character bio?.

I understand that you have some plans in the pipeline, and please dont think im trying to hurry you up, Its merely something im interested in finding out, due to my current MP predicament.

Thanks again for all the effort you guys have poured into these models/skins and the JK2 community in general. Life would be a bit more dull without talented guys like you two around to sate our appetites

Thank you for everything

Cheers

peloquin
06-05-2002, 01:30 PM
any idea on how to get the unrobed jedi model in the single player? It defaults to the robed jedi when I put it in the modele/players/kyle folder...any help would be great ta.

update: never mind i worked it out. just removed the robe from the tyrion.pk3 :) now i can play both robed and unrobed in SP. If only i could swap em without having to exit the game, swap pk3 files and re-load the map :(

The Librarian
06-06-2002, 12:49 AM
I think the hand tag was attached to the wrong bone on the Mandalorians... I've seen similar results myself when importing a model into the game

C]-[33S3/\/\@N
06-06-2002, 12:20 PM
Absath, Bloodriot........

I know its of no MAJOR concern, but i managed to get my MP game workin again, and i just have to say once again........

I WUBS JOO! this model/skin pakage is exactly what i was looking for, keep the faith, and i look forward to your next work of art :)

Cheers

Blades006
06-06-2002, 01:00 PM
This model is very cool!!!! Even the Tyrion bots are tougher than regular bots. Very nice job guys!!! I hope your future projects are as exiting as this.

Syphion
06-07-2002, 10:03 PM
I really want to play as Tyrion in SP how do i play as him in Sp?:confused: