PDA

View Full Version : Count Dooku is weak

Pada-Wan
05-30-2002, 09:45 PM
this chump doesn't belong in the same class as vadar or maul in terms of coolness. If i was a jedi, i would whoop his ass mace windu style.

XxWinnaRxX
05-31-2002, 03:51 AM
Um...

I bet you don't even know how to use a sword, much less a lightsaber.

You'd own him Anakin Skywalker style - *swing swing* *block block* *get something cut off* *lose*

Except there wouldn't be Yoda to save you.

Oh, btw, I can already hear your well-crafted response to my blunt remark about you not knowing how to use a sword.
I can predict it goes something like this:
OMGDIED YUO N00B I NO HOW FOR TOO USE AAS SOWRD BEETAR TAHN YUO DOO I R SI TEH L33T 12 YRS OLD H@>,0!2@ AHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAA@@!!!!!!!111q

Reply: No you don't.

Pada-Wan
05-31-2002, 04:00 AM
"I bet you don't even know how to use a sword, much less a lightsaber. "

And you do? :bdroid2:

this post was meant to be a joke. don't take it so seriously! :bdroid2:

Ben_Walker
05-31-2002, 07:04 AM
Hmmm, I didn't think Dooku matched up against Vader or Maul in the coolness class either but he is pretty awesome with a lightsaber. But in ep2 I thought the cool villian was Jango Fett. I also thought that Mace Windu was pretty damn cool too.

Bungalow
05-31-2002, 07:51 AM
Natalie Portman is the coolest:D

Qui-GONE Jinn
05-31-2002, 01:04 PM
How the hell can you say that Dooku is weak?? He mopped the floor with Obi-Wan and Anakin! Very, very un-intelligent remark.

JediMasterBater
05-31-2002, 01:07 PM
You'll be surprised when he's one of the last Sith Lords standing right before the end of EPIII...

Darth Facism
05-31-2002, 01:14 PM
Lucas should have kept Maul in for the long run , I hate when Lucas kills very popular characters with lame death scenes to boot.

TheMadDoofer
05-31-2002, 01:48 PM
The emperor: gets thrown down a big hole
Boba Fett: Gets thrown into the sarlacc (a big hole with teeth)
Darth Maul: Gets chopped in half and thrown down a big hole.

:fett:

Robbiesan
05-31-2002, 03:49 PM
yeah, I was disappointed to see Maul get offed so quickly.. he could have been used a lot more..

acdcfanbill
05-31-2002, 04:46 PM
ever notice the abundance of deep neverending large bottomless pits in SW?? wonder who builds all of them...

techsurfer
05-31-2002, 04:55 PM
Dooku is cool & reserved, a little like the emperor, so is so strong with the force he doesn't need to put effort in. He chopped off the future Vader's arm when he was fighting with two lightsabers. He also survived a fight with Yoda - the most powerful of the Jedi (except Anakin but he hasn't controlled his enormous power yet). So Dooku is really strong just too laid back to be cool like Maul or Windu!

Jedi_Monk
05-31-2002, 04:58 PM
ever notice the abundance of deep neverending large bottomless pits in SW?? wonder who builds all of them...
The Neverending Bottomless Pit Co., a subsidiary of SaveUr@ss Inc. ;)

Ever notice how Disney villians usually seem to meet their end by falling from great heights, too?

Anyway... Maul was flashy, Vader was crude and Dooku was pure class. Three very different villians for three different time periods. I like Dooku--he's a good use of Christopher Lee.

Hateplow
05-31-2002, 05:38 PM
Maul was my fav. Sure he only had like 6 lines but he was evil looking and used a cool duel bladed (if you can call it that) light saber.

He was also in the 2nd best SW LS fight imho.:c3po:

Bungalow
05-31-2002, 06:05 PM
Maul couldn't be used any longer, he's a mute, but he is damn cool though
just wondering which LS fight is your first

Darth Webster
05-31-2002, 08:03 PM
er... not to split hairs or anything, but since when does a mute talk?? Maul had a couple lines...
As far as killing him off is conserned, he served his purpose. He was little more than a Sith attack dog. He was sent on a suicide mission by Sidious only to distract the Jedi from his movements within the senate. The fact that he actually took one out was just a pleasent suprise.
I really like the fact that there was another aspect introducted in ep2.

igor
06-01-2002, 04:30 AM
You'll be surprised when he's one of the last Sith Lords standing right before the end of EPIII...

That doesn't make since, because there can only be 2 sith, its kind of a sith rule. So he inevitably gets killed in EpIII because Anakin becomes a sith and then of course the Emperor.

He got thrown down the Sarlacc but he didn't die, he gets out and continues reeks hazoc on anyone who has a bounty on their head.

Kurgan
06-01-2002, 04:37 AM
Maul a distraction? I thought he was sent to kill Amidala? (and of course Maul wanted to go because he wanted revenge against the Jedi)

XxWinnaRxX
06-01-2002, 04:45 AM
Solo - I just noticed this post had a few more replies, so here goes:

And I suppose you do?

Yes, in fact I do.
I have two working styles, an efficient style and a showy style, and I'm working on the Aikido swordplay, which will be by FAR the best of them all once I get it down.

Bah.

techsurfer
06-01-2002, 11:53 AM
Maul's voice had to be dubbed for the very few lines he said because Ray Park is a squeaky cockney even though he's a great martial arts expert!

Trahern Valley
06-01-2002, 12:30 PM
Boba survives the Sarlaac? In which parallel universe is this? Or should I say which publication? Both Fetts are bad guys who deserve the deaths they get. That's part of their charm.

I think ep3 will see Anakin kill Dooku and take his place, all according to the nefarious plan of Palpatine. Before Ben tries to stop him, of course, which will lead to more machinery and the voice we all know and love.

Unless we're under 15, of course...bloody Maul fans...

:vadar:

petezilla
06-01-2002, 09:56 PM
who else can sweep the floor with 2 jedi and hold of the strongest one at the age of 80 dooku rules. He's way more charismatic than maul who i also like don't get me wrong.

igor
06-01-2002, 11:22 PM
Boba Fett survives the sarlacc, it is in the Bounty Hunter Wars trilogy

Book Titles:
The Mandalorian Armor
Slave Ship
Hard Merchandise

There not the best books but, they really let you find out a lot about Boba's personality and how bad ass he is.

Blamer
06-01-2002, 11:48 PM
We all know that Maul will return, just like Maw did in Jedi Knight. (Maw, Maul...Lucas obviously planned this out in advance.) If you thought levitating alien Sith with no legs were cool, just wait until you see one with a double lightsaber.

(p.s. If you didn't know, this is a joke...I hope)

eben15
06-15-2002, 04:45 AM
Dooku is way cool, he even kicked gandalf's butt:D
If maul does return, which half would that be. It would be soo funny seeing a pair of legs running around with maybe a saber duct-taped to it.

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who in the name of charity and goodwill , shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness , for he is truly his brother keeper , and the finder of lost children , and I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers! And you will know My name is the Lord when I lay My vengeance upon thee!

The Truthful Liar
06-15-2002, 04:53 AM
eben15, could you please try to refrain yourself from posting on old'er' threads that have been long discarded? (also known as "digging threads up" from the pages of beyond) - this is your third thread I've noticed, just keep it down abit.

Cheers ;)

jedialphaknight
06-15-2002, 04:57 AM
first off, why is dooku's saber bent.......I mean YES its very unique but uh...yeh also, I mean ep3 has to be long, I mean, when it starts out clone wars are just ending and aniken is still good, then again having obi won call you his "YOUNG PADAWAN!" every five seconds would make me turn to the darkside as well. But yeh he has to go from whiney anakin to machine voiced anakin by the end of the movie...and also like 20 jedi's to kill as well...maybe he will be cheap and stab them while they are peeing or something.

Fossil25
06-15-2002, 12:16 PM
I think they are running out of ideas and they just are afraid that the new movies won't be able to keep the SW spirit around...so they brush it off and say they can't afford to make it for the fans...
also, trying to connect everything may not work. some may think they thought of it all and such but in my opinion, there just are a lot of loopholes, probably due to fans knowing more than the staff in certain cases and these fans telling other people who didn't know and wanted to know.
While a duel should last for maybe at least 10 minutes, Anakin's killing of those jedis will probably depict him as a super enhanced version of yoda, like maybe doing a flip in the air along with a swing, and slicing one jedi knight into half, landing and doing a backstab to send another jedi master far away. Those jedi knights would probably be nothing even when you compare them to obi wan from both old and new SW. Then when you watch him battle obi wan at the end of the movie o something, obi wan will appear to be second in the universe in saber fighting, losing only to yoda as this duel would probably have to last..at leassssst 5 minutes.

KPeh
06-15-2002, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by jedialphaknight
first off, why is dooku's saber bent.......I mean YES its very unique but uh..

Sabres in western sword fighting are bent. As with Epees and foils.
Count Dooku fights a lot like one wielding a sabre should. The most prominent example is when he hits Obi-Wan twice.

KPeh

legameboy
06-15-2002, 12:44 PM
Dooku was slick, Maul was cool, Vader was crude
Get the idea, i wish yoda wouldof kill ani, not like skywalker. but at least yoda got to duel in Episode II. now that was a duel

Obi-Doo
06-16-2002, 08:08 AM
How can anyone say that Dooku is weak? Seriously, he sliced up Obi, he fried and sliced Anakin, and he managed to figth a top-shaped Yoda. Count Dooku was the second strongest jedi in the first 5 movies, rigth behind Yoda. Hes even stronger than Palpantine and Vader! (and of course Maul).

Count Dookus darth name is Darth Tyranus.

Vestril
06-16-2002, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by Obi-Doo
How can anyone say that Dooku is weak? Seriously, he sliced up Obi, he fried and sliced Anakin, and he managed to figth a top-shaped Yoda. Count Dooku was the second strongest jedi in the first 5 movies, rigth behind Yoda. Hes even stronger than Palpantine and Vader! (and of course Maul).

Count Dookus darth name is Darth Tyranus.

Errmmm...if he's stronger than Palpatine, why does he take Palpatine's orders?...

D@rth M@ul
06-16-2002, 10:33 AM
I think its impossible to argue with people about fictional
characters. I mean who knows, a rock could have fallen on obi
wan's head and thus Darth Maul would have lived, or lucas
could have learned to direct better and made it were Darth Maul
doesn't die.

You guys do understand that the best movies in the SW series
(TESB,ROTJ) weren't directed by Lucas.

I mean he has good ideas but his way of directing just sucks,
like padme' has no good lines and in AOTC anakin carried that
movie with his emotional endevours.

But anyway, maybe Lucas was less retarded the day he thought
about Maul and had it were a clone was made of him, and then
he could come back. Although this would be ludacris and utterly
stupid, I would still like to see Darth in action .

Darth Knight
07-06-2002, 09:58 AM
i don't think so

Pedantic
07-06-2002, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by D@rth M@ul
ludacris

Rooooolll out, rooooolll out... ;) :D

Darth_Rommel
07-06-2002, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by Solo Act
this chump doesn't belong in the same class as vadar or maul in terms of coolness. If i was a jedi, i would whoop his ass mace windu style.

He's not as cool, but he can really use that sabre! ;) Besides, what makes you think Windu would "whoop" him? He and Yoda were evenly matched, and Yoda was supposedly the strongest Jedi in the universe at that point...

Kurgan
07-06-2002, 10:09 AM
It's Christopher Lee, Count Dracula! He is cool by his very definition!

Darth Knight
07-06-2002, 11:59 AM
isn't he gandalf too

SharaFett
07-06-2002, 12:06 PM
yea, personally dooku didnt impress me in the movie. mace would probabl win

Shadow Angel
07-06-2002, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by Darth Knight
isn't he gandalf too

In Lord of the Rings, he's Saruman the White (the evil wizard.)

I think Tyranus could beat the living crap out of Maul, but this is already another thread. He was one of the most powerful Jedi Masters, after all, and has become even more powerful as a Sith Lord. Plus, he has the best lightsaber in the films.

However, as far as appearance goes, yes, Christopher Lee is an excellent actor, and has spiffy clothes, but, compared to the other Sith Lords, he's not... frightening. With Vader, it was the big black cape, the skull mask, the breathing, and the voice. With Maul, he looked the devil himself. With Sidious in Episode I, he looked like a powerful mage, and in ROTJ, he looked psychotic. But, Tyranus, to me, looks like my friendly next-door neighbor.

Darth Kaan
07-06-2002, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by TheMadDoofer
The emperor: gets thrown down a big hole
Darth Maul: Gets chopped in half and thrown down a big hole.

:fett:

Yeah, a developed pattern for sure.

Kaan

Obi-Doo
07-09-2002, 08:55 PM
Errmmm...if he's stronger than Palpatine, why does he take Palpatine's orders?...

Because Palpy is smarter!

JrKASperov
07-09-2002, 10:17 PM
That's the power of Dooku, he looks like a nice guy, but is the evil itself, that gives him style and finesse, plus that he is the master of the lightsaber(Yoda wins because he just IS the Force, not because he has better saber qualities)

Obi-Doo
07-10-2002, 07:10 AM
I would have liked to see Qui-Gon in more episodes. The strongest Jedis should not die so fast. Dont say that maul is more powerful than Jinn, cuz he is not. Maul is just a much better cheater. Vader cheated a lot too.

The power of the dark side is not within the force. Its just the ability to cheat.

Darklighter
07-10-2002, 07:12 AM
Yeah, what about in TPM when Maul force pushed Obi into the whole. Where was the fairness in that?!:confused: :mad: :D

Plus he backstabbed Qui Gon - naughty naughty.....

Obi-Doo
07-10-2002, 07:16 AM
Look at my new signature!

Obi-Doo
07-10-2002, 07:20 AM
I really meant when Maul smashed his hilt on Jinns face to stun him, just when Jinn was doing the killer strike. An honorable Jedi would never have done that. If it were allowed in JKII, we would have got a huge amount of newbie hiltsmashers running everywhere.

Dissectional
07-10-2002, 08:10 AM
I smell spam.. i wonder where it's coming from..? :P jk man.

Dooku was the pimpest sith lord, but i must agree that maul was badass. Maul had tatoos all over his face, horns on his head, pretty much the devil with a dual lightsaber. Dooku is a suave, smooth, stylish sith lord who mopped the floor with obi-wan and anakin. Dooku has the curved saber hilt, and makes his saber fighting look so damn easy. I would love to see him fight Mace Windu or Yoda again in Ep. III.

HellFyre69
07-10-2002, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by Obi-Doo
I would have liked to see Qui-Gon in more episodes. The strongest Jedis should not die so fast. Dont say that maul is more powerful than Jinn, cuz he is not. Maul is just a much better cheater. Vader cheated a lot too.

The power of the dark side is not within the force. Its just the ability to cheat.

lol!! maul was a cheap ass (This is based on how ppl think according to kick/pull + backstab) why? because maul did the same thing ppl are doing rite now!! I bet lucasArts planned this all along!!

Darth Talliusc
07-11-2002, 07:13 AM
dooku.... what a wimp. hes a 400 year old political idealist. thats IT. hes no good. lame. him and yoda should never have been put in the sw movies. only people who DONT SUCK