PDA

View Full Version : Custom maps and stuff

Darth Maniac
05-31-2002, 05:40 AM
I have installed virtually every custom map released. However the game has stopped showing the newest maps in the ingame browser when I want to create a bot match. Is there a limit to the amount of maps (Or skins even) that can be displayed? If so is there a way around that limit?

Thanks.

The_Wounded
05-31-2002, 09:33 AM
just look around in the config files perhaps u can find something there.

Darth Maniac
06-08-2002, 04:46 PM
Cant find anything - anyone else have any ideas?

DannyJAllTheWay
06-08-2002, 04:59 PM
I've heard of other people having this problem too. I would suggest limiting the amount of maps that you have in the base at one time. If you have all 180ish, then I could see that as a problem.
Might be a selfish plug...
http://www.jedioutcastmaps.com/
:wavey:

DannyJAllTheWay
06-08-2002, 05:06 PM
It wouldn't be a problem if you know the filename... Just write a list of all the filenames on a sheet of paper and keep it handy. Then, all you have to do is go into the console and type in the filename. Eg: map duel_pit. That will bring up your map. Like you said, the only problem is that you can't see them in the game.

Darth Maniac
06-08-2002, 10:18 PM
Its the jedioutcast maps site that caused the problem!!! Every day new maps - I CANT STOP DOWNLOADING!!!!!!!! I am addicted and cant stop.

Problem is I now have every map on that site and the reason I want the ingame browser to show them is that I cant remember which map is which!!! As a result typing in the map name is pointless as I dont remember which are good and which are bad.

The quake engine has been around for a while - Do any other Quake based games suffer from this problem?

Jedi2k2
06-08-2002, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by Darth Maniac
Its the jedioutcast maps site that caused the problem!!! Every day new maps - I CANT STOP DOWNLOADING!!!!!!!! I am addicted and cant stop.

Problem is I now have every map on that site and the reason I want the ingame browser to show them is that I cant remember which map is which!!! As a result typing in the map name is pointless as I dont remember which are good and which are bad.

The quake engine has been around for a while - Do any other Quake based games suffer from this problem?

So your getting erections off the site too???? :newbie: :newbie: :newbie:

DannyJAllTheWay
06-08-2002, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by Jedi2k2

So your getting erections off the site too???? :newbie: :newbie: :newbie:

HAHA! :lol: :rofl: :wavey:

Darth Maniac
06-08-2002, 11:02 PM
NEWBIE??????

I am Darth Maniac - Emperor and founder of the DJC!!!!!!!!!!!! The greatest player of our age!!!! Unequalled anywhere in terms of pure skill.

Its true - a man in the pub told me!!

The_Wounded
06-14-2002, 06:41 AM
Damn u have a huge ego.

:band: