PDA

View Full Version : scripting

Destructive
06-02-2002, 12:32 AM
a few questions:

1. In BehaveEd some of the things say "Include Error!!!" in them. is this normal or is something wrong with it? it doesnt seem to be working right

2. how do I put scripts i make into my level, and what decides when they are executed?

3. Are there any other icarus2 resources out there? i've looked around and couldnt find anything.

Wacky_Baccy
06-02-2002, 01:05 AM
1 - Not a clue - ask in the mapping forum (http://www.lucasforums.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=359) - you'll have more luck, and probably get answers quicker :D

2 - Lots of ways, but I don't understand most of them enough to explain (yet) :( ...Again, ask in the mapping forum - Xcom is a regular there, and he really seems to know his stuff when it comes to scripting :)

3 - Not likely - it's proprietary to Raven, and it's not been out long... I'm sure there'll be more on it soon, though...

HTH a bit :)

Destructive
06-02-2002, 01:57 AM
thanks. ill try the mapping forum (am i allowed to post the same post on another forum?)

Badakku
06-02-2002, 09:04 AM
1. :confused:

2. one way is to build a target_scriptrunner in your map, add the key usescript and as the value your script (e.g. test/walk.ibi).
When you now give your info_player_start the scriptrunner as a target, your script will be run when you spawn into the map (=at the very beginning).

You can also run scripts inside another script with the command "run" inside BehavED

You can run a script with a trigger_multiple or trigger_once entity inside the Radiant, just link the trigger to the target_scriptrunner (same way as for the first method).

You can run a script with a target_counter, if you want the script to be run after a couple of things happened.

All in all you just need a target_scriptrunner, which you can activate by almost everything you can think of.

Another way to use scripts is inside the entity-setup of NPCs. you can give every NPC e.g. a spawnscript, run when the NPC is spawned or a deathscript, if you for example want to end a level after someone's death. The spawnscript is useful for e.g. setting an NPC's behaviour state when it is spawned.

Umm, this is all I remember for now, hope it helps!