PDA

View Full Version : Getting Lucky?

Datheus
06-02-2002, 08:22 PM
Whenever I play against my friend... His lightsaber tactics consist only of throwing on Light stance and holding down the attack button. The annoying thing is, it seems to work:mad:

When I try to swing at him, he sneaks in a hit or 2, and he runs around me, with my blocking never seeming to stop him. He's always knocking my light saber out of the way and getting in a shot or 2. It's drivin' me nuts.

Can any more expirenced players give me some tips on this getting lucky strategy...cause I can't see much of one beyond pull and backstab:confused:

Lime-Light
06-02-2002, 08:28 PM
Uh, try and strafe to his side and sideswing with medium or light, or strafe-roll and try the blue charge thing. The best strategy would be to let him go wild with his attack button, and when he stops facing you, still attacking, dice him up!

EDIT: Or, you could be a dick and just pull/stab and use no strategy at all.

Datheus
06-02-2002, 08:32 PM
I've tried it...he just seems to keep his crosshair right on me, cause I always get diced myself when I try something like that, I guess I just need more practice

Lime-Light
06-02-2002, 08:51 PM
you could charge him and kick him down.......

JAtM Trev
06-02-2002, 09:46 PM
Yeah, when he goes for your side, strafe toward him and jump.

He should land on his ass opening him up for the kill.

BlackDove
06-02-2002, 09:53 PM
Here is a terrific tactic.

Get close to him

Pull so you knock him down

Get within an inch of him

Turn 180

Have medium stance on

Press backward+attack

HEHEHEHE, one move dice and slice

Lime-Light
06-02-2002, 11:08 PM
I ****ING HATE YOU. WHY ARE YOU GOING AND RECOMENDING THESE CHEAP OVERUSED AND BUGGED MOVES!? WHAT THE **** IS WRONG WITH YOU?

BlackDove
06-02-2002, 11:16 PM
hahahahahaha

Besides, if the dude starts doing this, the other dude will re-think his tactics, and will try fend off the backstabbing move. All in all, they will raise their skills to a different level.

Datheus
06-02-2002, 11:58 PM
I've used backstab on him... and he called me a cheater and whinned... but he still didn't change his tactics... but heh...

Later, I was fighting with him, like in game, and I said somethin, or asked him, and he told me to piss off, "stupid cheater" and I hadn't used backstab in hours... so then continue to mercilessly beat him down for the rest of the night with it:D

And I tried kicking...of about 20 times...it worked once...STUPID DOUBLE CLICK >.<

BlackDove
06-03-2002, 12:00 AM
Hahaha, you have just taken your first step into a larger world hehehe. In the ASS WORLD :D

Datheus
06-03-2002, 12:19 AM
I like to flirt with the dark side

But personally, I'd rather have a drawn out saber battle...I think this game looks fugging great!

But I spoke to him and he told me too piss off and called me a cheater... and I got a weeeee bit worked up *sigh*

If I wanted to use backstab all the time on him, I wouldn't have started this thread:p

BlackDove
06-03-2002, 12:23 AM
He is probably one of the normal players...he just minds the fact that he is losing and he doesn't know why. But I could tell you stories about the people that came into the games I was in...

Haseco
06-03-2002, 02:33 AM
u should choke him for a small portion of time so his saber goes down and then slice and dice :) >=D

Pedantic
06-03-2002, 02:53 AM
I thought your saber doesn't go down for choke in multiplayer?

Vestril
06-03-2002, 03:31 AM
I think I'm going to go get lucky right now...

*struts out the door, makes it a few feet before he realizes that he's a nerd, comes back in and sits back down in front of his computer*

Oops...

Datheus
06-03-2002, 05:56 AM
No, I don't think your saber goes in... I'll just practice charging I think. Also letting him run past me a bit, then strafe kicking him in the face should do...