PDA

View Full Version : Obi Wan ep 1 and 2 model

Pages : [1] 2

TEX360
06-04-2002, 11:29 PM
hello people, just posting a preview of a model pack im working on with Mark Li. Hope you guys like it so far.

http://www.foreseen-eclipse.net/~tex/obiwanep2.jpg

http://www.foreseen-eclipse.net/~tex/obiwan.jpg

Yeah the obi-wan from episode 1 looks like a midget, because it was rendered on a resolution that squeezed it, he really looks like the ep2 obiwan.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok, im done with the qui-gon model now.

http://www.foreseen-eclipse.net/~tex/quigon.jpg

now im gonna work on teh mace windu model. hope you guys like it.

omses
06-04-2002, 11:31 PM
Id say its pretty freakin good!
cant wait to see the final product!

Ironhorse75
06-05-2002, 12:14 AM
Very nice. But the eps 1 model's head could be more thin. Looks a little wide IMO.

Cmdr. Antilles
06-05-2002, 12:35 AM
He just said it got squashed. :)

Looks good, TEX.

adrian832
06-05-2002, 12:40 AM
wut program u use to model that beast? and if iuts downloadable where can i get it. and whered u learn how to do that(i.e. tutorials) cuz im gonna try making a model with that exact clothing of the ep2 obi. Jate Soel, my own jedi around jk2s time

Kuja
06-05-2002, 12:42 AM
awesome WORK!!!!! :D the second picture Obi Wan, doesnt look like any obi-wan i know...... :S but it still looks great!

:clone:

inbredyokel
06-05-2002, 12:55 AM
Looking awsome, but there are a couple things that seem odd. On both the models, the tabbards(the strips of cloth that come from over the shoulders) are quite a bit wider on the bottom below the waist than they are on the top. In pictures from the movie, they actually come together in the center and overlap. There's a good pic of it here:
http://www.padawansguide.com/obiwan/costume/obiwan_insider_new1.jpg
Also, something about the sleeve shape just rubs me the wrong way, almost as if it looks like they're begin held away from the arm too much, defying gravity. I know many people have had trouble getting baggy sleeves to look good, but the Mace Windu model which Klorel is working on has captured the look quite nicely:
http://www.geocities.com/crazyhamster03/macewindupreview9.txt

You should also look into doing a cloaked version of each. The new Tyrion model by Bloodriot and Asbath has a great looking cloak on it, and I'm sure they wouldn't mind you using it if you'd ask. I'm dying to do a duel between a cloaked ep II obi and jango fett on the new Kamino Duel map that's being worked on.

Other than those couple nitpicks, these are some damn nice models. From the looks of the forum theres going to be a whole slew of good models coming out in the next month or so.

remark 666
06-05-2002, 01:06 AM
looking good :)

Mr. Data
06-05-2002, 01:56 AM
WOOT!
FINALLY! I'VE BEEN WAITING AGES FOR SOMEONE TO FINALLY DO MODELS OF OBI-WAN FROM THE PREQUEL MOVIES!!!!!!!!
CAN'T WAIT TIL THESE ARE FINISHED AND RELEASED!

Klorel
06-05-2002, 01:57 AM
best obi-wan model i've seen yet, good job. and thanks for the compliment inbredyokel.

hope everything works out with both our models :p

adrian832
06-05-2002, 02:00 AM
Originally posted by adrian832
wut program u use to model that beast? and if iuts downloadable where can i get it. and whered u learn how to do that(i.e. tutorials) cuz im gonna try making a model with that exact clothing of the ep2 obi. Jate Soel, my own jedi around jk2s time

just reposted so ud see this

Harbinger
06-05-2002, 07:01 AM
Finally!!! It's Obi-Wan! A good one!!! :D

Thank you Tex!

BradFu
06-05-2002, 07:17 AM
Very nice! Looks like you're just about there with the models.

Adrian: don't do that. You're going to seriously annoy people soon. That's the second time I've seen you repost someting "so ud see this". I have no doubt that TEX reads every single post in this thread, since it directly pertains to him and his work.

BradFu!

adrian832
06-05-2002, 07:18 AM
sorry, hey bradfu do u live in illinois, cuz i know someone named brad funk?

btw:My names Brad :)

BradFu
06-05-2002, 07:22 AM
Nope, don't live in Illinois, though I wish my last name was Funk! That would be great!

Just wanted to warn you on what you were doing before someone else said something about it in a less civil way :)

BradFu!

[sico]
06-05-2002, 07:59 AM
best. obi wan models. ever.

JediDante
06-05-2002, 10:24 AM
Very sweet!

rut-wa jodar
06-05-2002, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by TEX360
hello people, just posting a preview of a model pack im working on with Mark Li. Hope you guys like it so far.

http://www.foreseen-eclipse.net/~tex/obiwanep2.jpg

http://www.foreseen-eclipse.net/~tex/obiwan.jpg

Yeah the obi-wan from episode 1 looks like a midget, because it was rendered on a resolution that squeezed it, he really looks like the ep2 obiwan.

Looks Sweeet !!!

when can we expect to download these great models ???

Leagle
06-05-2002, 12:37 PM
Just remember he's a bit of a ginger in TPM too.

master obi-wan
06-05-2002, 03:51 PM
looks awesome !!!!! really sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet !!!! finally somebody has heard my calls to god !!!! for these cool models !!!
hope we can download them soon !!!

nice work !!!! keep it up

master obi-wan :ben:

Shawny
06-05-2002, 04:17 PM
What method do you use to get the folds in his clothes. Like around his neck and the to pecies of cloth that go over his shoulders.

AgentSmith
06-05-2002, 04:40 PM
Hey man just wanted to say that those Obi-Wan models look really good! :D Nice work! :)

:jango: :slave:

Master Shawn
06-05-2002, 04:51 PM
These models looks SUPERB, I have no doubt in my mind that these will be the models I use most! Just one question though, when finished, do you plan to include any taunts and sounds from Ep 1 and 2 for them, hope you do, would make the models even better!

-[JO]Master Shawn Kenobi :aobi:

Darth Odisse
06-05-2002, 04:54 PM
Some more reference images, if you need them :D

http://www.vengeance-unlimited.org/Jedi%20Outcast/Episode%20II/Obi-Wan/Obi-Wan%20Kenobi.jpg

http://www.vengeance-unlimited.org/Jedi%20Outcast/obi7.jpg

Pedantic
06-05-2002, 08:23 PM
They look good, but the faces don't really look like Obi-Wan.

The Rel)ee(V)eR
06-05-2002, 09:01 PM
Of Course not, it's not skinned yet...Looks excellent in my opinion..

Pogwaffle
06-05-2002, 09:13 PM
Great Model! Excellent Work! Cant wait for it.

Who's Goin to skin it?

Mark_Li
06-05-2002, 10:42 PM
tex and I.

TEX360
06-05-2002, 10:48 PM
Thank you everyone for posting. Here are some replies to your comments.

inbredyokel: About the sleeves, in teh mace windu model yeah they're affected by gravity, but from teh wrong side, but if you think of the model in game teh arms are mostly extended forward because its holding the light saber or a gun right and in teh mace windu model, the gravity is affecting the sleeves when teh arms are extended towards teh sides, which happens almost never in game.

adrian832: I use 3dmax, and learned from tutorials and modeller friends. I think there are some tuts at www.polycount.com.

Pedantic: They dont look like obiwan because they need a skin.

I think that's about it, please keep posting guys, it helps a lot.

Oh yeah, for the pack we're also doing a quigon and a mace windu model. ok bye everyone.

CheshireKat
06-05-2002, 11:43 PM
You know I love him TEX!

Now More!!!

BloodRiot
06-06-2002, 01:16 AM
Man the models are great...awesome work really.

Just one thing.. from my experience i'd say you'll find major clipping issues around the shoulders and quite possibly the hips.

If this doesnt happen i'd say you have the best models so far.

Great work dude. :)

Pedantic
06-06-2002, 02:31 AM
Originally posted by The Rel)ee(V)eR
Of Course not, it's not skinned yet...Looks excellent in my opinion..

I meant the shape of the face... :rolleyes:

DukeSkywalker
06-06-2002, 12:00 PM
The models look very good!!!

How much time did you need anymore to release it? I know, there aren't any skins on it, but I can't wait anymore!

Dion Starfire
06-06-2002, 12:46 PM
Man am i glad to see some bomb models for Obi-Wan he is definetly my favorite character in the star wars saga are going to do a new hope version too? then your skin pack would be complete. not that im complaining ep1 is my favorite. keep up the good work...

spacermonkey
06-06-2002, 06:21 PM
Episode 2 Obi looks really nice :D
I think his head might be a little wide - just compare it to Kyle's in max. But overall a great job.

adillon
06-06-2002, 06:30 PM
i'll tell you tex, you amaze me with your modeling talent. i don't know how you do it, well i do know HOW, but i am officially GREEN with envy. amazing stuff, man! keep up the great work!

i really can't wait to see these guys skinned. i can see the resemblance now without the skin ... you even have the padawan braid on the ep1 model ... putting a skin on them is gonna make them INCREDIBLE.

AND you said that you're planning on doing qui-gon and mace models to include with these 2?!

*faints*

Mark_Li
06-06-2002, 06:54 PM
Expect some badass skins by Tex and I for all four models; also, there could quite possibly be saber models to go with every character. :D

adillon
06-06-2002, 07:05 PM
hey mark, sorry if i didn't acknowledge you in my previous post. now that i look back on it, tex DID mention your name in the original post. no hard feelings?

you gotta love it when people team up to create amazing model/skins ... does the phrase "two heads are better than one" ring a bell with anyone?

as i said before, AMAZING stuff you guys have going on ... keep it up! and please keep us posted on your progress ... moor purdy pixchers pleez!

Darth Odisse
06-06-2002, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by Mark_Li
Expect some badass skins by Tex and I for all four models; also, there could quite possibly be saber models to go with every character. :D

It'll be interesting to see how the chrome finish on Obi-Wan's Episode II saber turns out if you do make them :D

Mark_Li
06-06-2002, 07:49 PM
No sweat Adillon; I prefer to remain in the shadows, an enigma...

...or something.

But anyway, most likely, I will be skinning Qui-Gon and Mace, and Tex will skin both Obi-Wans. The base body skins will basically be recolors of eachother since the characters' robes are identical save for color. The faces are gonna be the fun part.

As for whoever it was that said Obi-Wan's face doesnt look like him: Are you on crack? The model looks EXACTLY like Ewan MacGregor...its EERIE how similar it looks. I've never seen a low-poly model with a face that looks so spot-on to the original.

alexjdavies
06-06-2002, 08:58 PM
I wait ages for a decent obi wan or qui gon model then both come along at once
:)

If the skinning is anywhere near as good as the modeling i will be very happy indeed

keep up good work

Pedantic
06-06-2002, 09:29 PM
As for whoever it was that said Obi-Wan's face doesnt look like him: Are you on crack? The model looks EXACTLY like Ewan MacGregor...its EERIE how similar it looks. I've never seen a low-poly model with a face that looks so spot-on to the original.

I'll believe you once you present me with written proof of your ownership of the entire universe.

Mark_Li
06-07-2002, 05:06 AM
I wasn't aware that physical characteristics of concrete objects in the real world were subject to peoples' opinions.

Darth Odisse
06-07-2002, 05:52 PM
Well, no one is forced to download the models if they don't like them, perhaps if you pointed out what you think doesn't look right with the models then something could be done about it.

TEX360
06-07-2002, 11:35 PM
well i think you guys should wait till its skin, and if he still doesnt look like ewan macgregor, ill change teh shape of the head.

Pedantic
06-07-2002, 11:52 PM
I wasn't aware that physical characteristics of concrete objects in the real world were subject to peoples' opinions.

Then why did you give your opinion about it?

Anyway, the face just seems too wide, and the eyes seem sort of squashed into the middle of the face.

Darthskinner007
06-08-2002, 03:42 AM
WOW!! I can't wait. I been wanting a great model of Obi-Wan ever seince I first played Outcast, and to find out that we will get a Mace and Qui-Gon to go along with it is the best news I've herd in a long time. and with the amazing Darth Maul model beeing made by CheshireKat, it is like a dream come true. you guys all ROCK!! keep up the amazing work! and most importantly, take your time with it, it will be worth the wait.:D

Oh, and by the way, might I just say,, BUMP!! (back to the top you go, where you belong:p )

Kiell_Randor
06-08-2002, 09:12 AM
Will you guys have any plans to add a few different faces to the Obi-Wan/Mace, or release your 3ds files so others can do so? Honestly these models look absolutely awesome, but it would be nice to have some different faces available with those amazing jedi robes. Like maybe a Jedi with a pony tail and without the beard... stuff like that. Even if you left it for others to skin but just did the shapes in 3ds or whatever.... or released your stuff so others could do so!

Just a thought. Keep up the great work either way!!!

Mark_Li
06-08-2002, 12:38 PM
Ped; it wasn't an opinion. Take a photo of Ewan's profile and stick it next to the Episode 1 model; its quite a damn good likeness. And regardlesss, its still unskinned. But anyway...

Multiple heads for unique jedi would be a great idea, but we'll see...I'll ask Tex about it, if he doesnt reply himself.

I just cant wait to start skinning these mofos.

Darth Odisse
06-08-2002, 02:53 PM
I guess it's a little early to ask if there's any female Jedi variants of the models :D

Mark_Li
06-08-2002, 03:42 PM
You'll have to talk to Tex about that, I am just a humble skinner.

alexjdavies
06-08-2002, 05:15 PM
"Oh yeah, for the pack we're also doing a quigon and a mace windu model"

Are these models at a simmilar stage to the obi-wan ones??

dont spose you have any preview pics of these??

Oobedoob Benobi
06-08-2002, 05:26 PM
I think someone already asked the same or similar question but, are you going to have a robed and unrobed obi-wan?

TEX360
06-08-2002, 09:45 PM
mace and qui-gon are still not done. Ill work on them tonight and prolly get a preview pic for tomorrow (i hope), also we're going to skin this models and after we do so, we'll release an SDK for other skinners to do their own and have more variety.

About other jedi with the same clothes, it would be cool to have them just post the names of the jedi you want us to model and we'll check em out and maybe model them, give us ideas.

Also, the models wont have robes. THey'll wear the clothes you see in the preview pics.

gonk-raider
06-08-2002, 09:50 PM
heres a name for a model.. Echuu Shen-Jon

Oobedoob Benobi
06-08-2002, 10:13 PM
How about a robed obi-wan (unhooded and if you have the extra time hooded) from A New Hope?

Vladimir_Berkov
06-08-2002, 10:58 PM
Yes! We need New Hope Obi-Wan!

Mark_Li
06-08-2002, 11:55 PM
Thats actually a good ****ing idea...lemme talk to Tex...

Oobedoob Benobi
06-09-2002, 12:04 AM
*jumps in the air and clicks his heels*
Thank you! A frend and I have been waiting for someone to make a Obi-Wan A New Hope model for a while.:ben:

Mark_Li
06-09-2002, 12:09 AM
If you wouldnt mind, dig around for good reference images of the costume (no robes) and send whatever links you find to markli@hkbo.net.

Oobedoob Benobi
06-09-2002, 12:23 AM
while looking for pictures i found a good taunt: http://home.tiscali.be/lkln-duncan/starwars/sounds/anh/powerful.wav if that link doesn't work then go here which is the web site were i found it http://home.tiscali.be/lkln-duncan/sw-snd-anh.html I liked "If you strike me down, I will become more powerful than you can possibly imagine."

Harbinger
06-09-2002, 02:32 AM
Have you started skinning this model yet? If so, a screenie?

Mark_Li
06-09-2002, 02:52 AM
I'll start a'skinnin as soon as Tex is done meshing. He's modelling Qui-Gon as we speak.

gonk-raider
06-09-2002, 03:05 AM
WEll its about time some quality work reared its ugly head :O

DaJo Kesea
06-09-2002, 03:07 AM
Hi! Nice models for Obi Wan!

About the possibility of an Episode IV Obi Wan:
I think his constume underneath the full length robe is the same as the one you see in Episode II, except his shirt is brown.

About the Episode I model:
A skin may not cover for the shape of the head. The head on that model is indeed a little too wide. A little taller, and a bit thinner should do the trick. It may also save you some headache later.

One other thing...
TEX and Mark_Li, I know you plan to skin these models, but would you be willing to open them up to the rest of the skinning community, as long as we credit you for building the mesh?

-Josh

Mark_Li
06-09-2002, 03:31 AM
Read above, please.

It answers both of your concerns.

The ep. 1 Obi-Wan screen was taken in a funky resolution, hence the wide, short head. The entire body is ****ed like that.

The SDK will be released for other people as well.

Ironhorse75
06-09-2002, 04:02 AM
Any chance we can get some sound effects like the vader model on jk2.net? Im sure someone could find some good grunts and groans by Obi that would fit ;).

Finally got my avatar up as well, its from a drawing of mine I scanned of Rei from Neon Genesis.

superdude201
06-09-2002, 11:16 AM
Great obi wan model think it's very good

Grafox
06-09-2002, 11:21 AM

The SDK will be released for other people as well.

A good, when will you release it?

TEX360
06-09-2002, 04:10 PM
we'll release it after all the models are done and unwrapped, and after we skin them.

Ive started on the qui-gon head, i have the face, just missing the hair. Does he have a pony tail???

Angry Sandwich
06-09-2002, 04:20 PM
Here's some Qui Gon Jinn hair reference for ya:

http://volt.pol.lublin.pl/~leszekj/ep1-1.jpg

http://www.location.no/dhtm/freebie/starwars/img/wallpapers/ep1/qui_gon_jinn_1024.jpg

http://www.firsttvdrama.com/central/dead/jinn1.jpg

This is an image from a Qui Gon Action Figure:
http://markam.free.fr/Images/Figurines/Qui-Gon%20training2.jpg

TEX360
06-09-2002, 06:18 PM
thanks a lot for the reference, its perfect.

DaJo Kesea
06-10-2002, 01:45 AM
The ep. 1 Obi-Wan screen was taken in a funky resolution, hence the wide, short head. The entire body is ****ed like that.

Thanks for your reply, Mark.

For anyone who wants to see how the Ep. 1 Obi Wan might actually look, save the screenshot TEX and Mark provided to your desktop. Then take it into a graphics program and resize the height to 540. Bingo! Its' Ewan McGregor unskinned. :)

Thanks, guys. Your work is awesome!

Pedantic
06-10-2002, 03:39 AM
Ped; it wasn't an opinion. Take a photo of Ewan's profile and stick it next to the Episode 1 model; its quite a damn good likeness. And regardlesss, its still unskinned. But anyway...

No matter how you sugar-coat it, it's still an opinion. It doesn't matter how you compare them, it's still subjective, simply because you're human (or at least I assume so).

Mark_Li
06-10-2002, 05:30 AM
Subjectivism. Whee. You lose the right to talk to me! :D

/me leaves thread.

Oobedoob Benobi
06-10-2002, 06:10 PM
Hey Mark_Li did you get enough reference pictures of Obi-Wan from A New Hope to make the model?

arghh29
06-11-2002, 01:16 AM
As I said in the post about qui gonn....great work, cant wait to get them =)

nud0
06-11-2002, 04:05 AM
Man, I cant wait for these models! Please update!

remark 666
06-11-2002, 05:01 AM
any updated pix ??

master obi-wan
06-11-2002, 10:41 AM
great work guys on the obi's en the qui gon model but i have a qeustion will the models be sp or mp or will the they be both ????

keep up the nice work !!!

master obi-wan :ben:

Darth-Nasty
06-12-2002, 03:34 PM
Any update on the progress of this exellent model??

cant wait for this one to be released!

I spose jedi robes for the models are out of the question? :)
(they really would add to the authenticity of those obi/jango fights on the kamino platform)

CheshireKat
06-12-2002, 11:21 PM
Ya, here's an update for you, he's doing like 5 great models at once!!!!

Now it's just a matter of patience....................

Phaedrus
06-13-2002, 01:38 AM
I really wish there wasout that allowed the Forms of Jedi combat along with a lightstaff form. Chesh, use your Maul Skin, have the Ep.1 Obi-wan and the Qui-gon model along with the good DotF level, oh my, that'd be nice.

Phaedrus
06-13-2002, 01:41 AM
*was a mod out that

UseTheForce
06-13-2002, 03:00 AM
The model is incredible. Far better than anything I've seen in the actual game. Congratulations on your fine artwork. I've been looking for a good Obi-Wan, but mostly found crap. I'm certain once this model is released, I'll never use another one.

Which brings me to my question/request- Will you release it so that it's usable in SP? Because if you do, I'll forever be in your gratitude.<-- Nevermind, turns out every MP model can be used in SP. Damn me for not reading.

I seem to have my lips firmly planted to your buttocks at this point, so I'll shut up and say I'm really looking forward to seeing a skinned model. Keep up the good work.

Kiell_Randor
06-13-2002, 05:43 PM
Since you were taking requests for slight alterations for alternate characters....

I would *love* to see a slightly modified episode 1 model for Obi-wan. The only thing that would need changing would be to take that nub of a pony-tail on the back and add some length to it, making it into a real pony-tail down to the shoulders.

For a quick run-down on the character, with portrait...
http://knights.idlegames.com/roster/kiell.htm

As I said, I think this is only a minor modification, and I'd kill to see it done! *begs*

iTeM
06-14-2002, 01:51 PM
keep up the good work!

(really just a bump...)

Rimpel
06-14-2002, 02:01 PM
Nice !!!!:eek: :eek: :atat:

adrian832
06-14-2002, 06:34 PM
Hey Kiell, did you completely kick me out of the clan, because Ive waited a long time for my prohibation to be over?

???
:clone:

WhiteShdw
06-14-2002, 08:27 PM
Hey Tex, great work so far.

I was just wondering that if you are doing slight alterations of characters using your Jedi outfits, could you perhaps use some of the heads of the characters that are already in the game. Personally i would kill for a model using your body and a Chiss(the blue skinned guy) head and hands. And i'm pretty sure some people out there would like to see a rodian (think Greedo) in a Jedi outfit. Maybe even Kyle in a Jedi outfit. I'm not sure how much trouble it would be, but seeing as these heads are already modeled it would probably be less trouble than creating entirely new heads.

Just an idea.(Must have Jedi Chiss):D

Ps. I already asked this question in your Qui-gon thread, but it seems this is your main thread so i decided to ask it again.

PPS. Keep up the great work, the models look great and i'm sure the skinned versions will look incredible

TEX360
06-14-2002, 11:29 PM
maybe... let me finish this models first, it wont be too difficult though.

Kagami
06-15-2002, 12:27 AM
SCRREENSHOTS!!!! IM BEGGING YA TEX!!!!!:D

nomad
06-15-2002, 04:46 AM
Great looking models!
All three of them look really incredible. Can't wait to see them in the game.
About ANH Obi-Wan, please don't make him without his long robes. Even when he wasn't wearing his Brown Hooded Robe, his under-robes were long and down to his ankles. I really want to see a model of "Old Ben" released with the quality of what you're doing with Qui-Gon and them, but not with the wrong clothes.
All I'm saying is that the models you've shown so far look fantastic because they represent the characters very well. ANH Obi-Wan deserves the same representation. If you're only going to make models with similar clothing, I suggest that you don't make him incorrectly.
Just my opinion, and obviously you can do what ever you like :)

Great job so far, and...
May the force be with you.

Prophet
06-16-2002, 06:49 PM
Very impressive stuff! Looking forward to them all.

Jason_W
06-16-2002, 11:21 PM
Amazing!

When will they be released?

Master Shawn
06-17-2002, 01:04 AM
Im on the verge of a nervous breakdown waiting for these things to be released, when they do come out though, they are gonna kick major arse. Cant wait to use them, and, I am gonna try customizing one of the models skins for myself when they release that SDK :) :D :cool:

SirYawnalot
06-17-2002, 05:28 AM
This may well be entirely off-topic, but Shawn I can't quite make out if your avatar is Ewan McGregor or Charlie Sheen. Hmm.

Oh yeah... for the Qui-Gon skin, make sure you find someone who can totally WORK beards. The success of this model hangs on Mr Gon's facial hair. After all, it's the most charismatic thing about him. *coughs and sneaks out* (oh yeah and the models themselves are AMAZING-- they make the ones that came with the game look like Kryten's [Red Dwarf] head.)

UseTheForce
06-18-2002, 07:01 AM
Tex, we've gone 2 weeks without an update. Has there been any progress? Any new screens you could post? I'm eager to see how it's coming along.

Master Shawn
06-18-2002, 07:19 AM
SirYawnalot, I didnt know Charlie Sheen wore jedi robes :p in other words, its Ewan McGregor :cool:

Ironhorse75
06-18-2002, 08:18 AM
So are these and the Qui gon and whatever else your working on going to be a pack or seperate as each one is finished?

gonk-raider
06-18-2002, 01:57 PM
DAMN YOU TEX.. tex if its such a big deal updating Pm me give me a icq number or anything I'll do the freaking updates.

Uber Sith
06-19-2002, 12:17 AM
Looking amazing so far......cant wait till there out.... i have an idea for taunts and sounds

Okay from watcing the film i found that Obi wan isnt a really aggressive guy hahahaha....so this is the most threatening he got in both films

EP1 Obi-Wan Taunt:--"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO" maybe it could work hehehehe (thats where qui gon gets killed)

EP2 Obi-Wan Taunt:- Either "You Havnt Learnt Anything" or one of his cheesy one liners like "She seems to be on top of things" even though that isnt really suitably for an Obi wan Taunt...maybe somone else can find somthing that fits it well

:D :D :D :D

Tap[RR]
06-19-2002, 10:07 AM
T3rr0r stop spamming, just cause you come from that piece of crap we all like to call bfp, doesnt mean you should just fit at home and spam like in the bfp forums. Though ironic its like deja-vu with these forums, bfp all over i say, and your part is starting. Yes the part where you spam and get 1000 posts, and become a mod after enough ass kissing, seen it once, and pretty sure it'll happen again :rolleyes: .

Uber Sith
06-19-2002, 04:40 PM
I thought t3rr0r was doing another taunt idea for the model like i was....

I was just about to aggree with him about

"Youll Be the Death of Me" for a good taunt

:D :D :D :D

Ya may have been confused but then again i havnt seen him spam :D :D :D

Well.......

Looks great......GET IT SKINNED AND TESTED

1mcgrady1
06-19-2002, 06:10 PM
Can you please give us a date of when ur models will be released?

They're cool and awesome, can't wiat any longer to use them!

Good luck to u and please finish them earlier!

( hey, t3rr0r, good thing we've got avartars from same pic but definitely i did'nt copy urs, mines bigger, cool, pal! )

May the force be with all of you.

:jawa

Uber Sith
06-20-2002, 03:28 PM
BUMP.........Nearly Page Twoed...*wipes sweat off forhead*

striderx2048
06-20-2002, 03:54 PM
dates and timetables only add to flaws into the model and skin
look at the aayla secura thread

Darth-Nasty
06-20-2002, 10:52 PM
is anyone else concerned about the lack of updates or even messages from TEX360. I hope this model hasnt been abandoned :(

I can only hope the the lack of posts is due to the fact that Tex is working flat out to get this finished :)

Uber Sith
06-20-2002, 11:02 PM
Or...maybe somthing even more sinister......

Maybe.... while we wait like pawns... he is using his models in a bid to take over the WORLD.......LOL

or were all just compleatly crazy over these models and he's just pilling up the tension LOL

striderx2048
06-20-2002, 11:02 PM
probably just doesnt want to be critized

TEX360
06-20-2002, 11:44 PM
im sorry for no updates, its just that i havent had any time to work on them. When i get something done ill post.

aL BeasTie
06-21-2002, 12:15 AM
You Fools! - these models are so popular and high in demand even thou production only commenced a few weeks ago,
he's currently meeting with his lawyers to try and find a way to make money off these little babies. But the big cheese (GL) wants a 98% cut and full control of the models so now we'll all be waiting for months while they battle it out, and in the end GL's gonna charge ya $39.99 for the official JO model pack add-on.

so next time think twice b4 posting crap like -

"hey cool model when will it be released"

send it here - dumbass@spam.com

he's probably using all his spare time getting these models done and to do 1 is an effort but to do several is RATHER TIME CONSUMING! so don't hassle the poor guy, all he needed was a few suggestions and some pointers to get him satisfied with his work and back on track. In future modelers won't bother post WIP's in forums and we won't have the same quality without the community input - also it's hard when the modeler has problems coz no one sees the part that says " Hey need help with this b4 releasing it" and the model stays unfinished and the ppl who may be able to help them can't be ****ed reading through
200 lines of - "BUMP"
and ppl who want an extra stripe on the skin to match there variant POTF figure..........and another thing.............ramble - mutter................

soz gonna stop that was more than 2cents worth :)

Weapon X
06-21-2002, 05:46 AM
great post al Beastie, you said what needed to be said and i hope everyone who did/does what you just badmouthed feels like a dumbsh*t and will stop

t3rr0r
06-21-2002, 07:40 AM
Originally posted by Tap[RR]
T3rr0r stop spamming, just cause you come from that piece of crap we all like to call bfp, doesnt mean you should just fit at home and spam like in the bfp forums. Though ironic its like deja-vu with these forums, bfp all over i say, and your part is starting. Yes the part where you spam and get 1000 posts, and become a mod after enough ass kissing, seen it once, and pretty sure it'll happen again :rolleyes: .
tap, stfu. you're the one with the clan tag. :p anyway, if everyone else can bump, i can too. especially when it drifts to the 4th page.

and yes, i also thought that would be a fun taunt. :)

gonk-raider
06-21-2002, 09:11 AM
woof=bump

Uber Sith
06-21-2002, 10:27 AM
I thought you were doing a taunt afterall.....

Hey TEX... take ya time man....cause im sure with all the other models ya doing.....Its comming along great......Im still happy enough with the origional models on the first page.. no need to change em :D

Oh yeah.......Even though i BUMPED!.. on this page it was only to save its interest....plus it was like the 2nd time ive ever bumped.... :D

And Beastie......Is it true about the Lawyers n stuff. cause if he can get money off em. fair play to him.....And still i wont mind paying the odd 20 bucks for a fair share of high quality Models...

TEX360
06-22-2002, 08:47 AM
heh, thanks,

uber sith, beastie was kidding with the lawyers and making money with it... and also im not changing the models in teh first page, im just gonna skin them, those are just the meshes.

Ive been skinmeshing the models but got into trouble and had to start all over again, i think i can have them ready for skinning on sunday...

bye guys.

iTeM
06-22-2002, 09:21 AM
take your time, dude...

I wonder why Raven didn't put any REAL jedis in the game? Their jedi model looks totally homo with his leather-like pants...

gonk-raider
06-22-2002, 10:12 AM
maybe you should release the meshes and see how the community does tex

JangoFett41
06-23-2002, 01:05 AM
Are you still working on the model or are you starting to do skinning now? Sorry, if this has already been asked or answered. It looks great. Keep up the good work.

Dalhectar
06-23-2002, 01:12 AM
Are you going to release Obi, Qui and Mace all at the same time? How far along are you and when will they be available?

aL BeasTie
06-23-2002, 02:49 AM
Sick of reading through the 6 pages to read 3 posts from the model maker because of all the SPAM posts?

well we look for you and tell you the all the news-

www.jk2models.cjb.net

May The SPAM not be with you...

iTeM
06-23-2002, 06:39 AM
yeah, sure... but can you find anything more annoying than a website with background (MIDI) music?

I certainly can not.

gonk-raider
06-23-2002, 06:58 AM
stands behind item as if he were the revren jessy jackson "say it"

aL BeasTie
06-24-2002, 01:26 PM
the midi music was a joke, it's the music from The first Dark Forces game.

And I've removed it becasue it was annoying me too :)

TEX360
06-26-2002, 06:42 AM
hey beastie, i actually like when people post in here even if it is some spam, makes me realize that people are looking forward to this and reminds me that i need to keep working on it. Ofcourse if they write "bump" all the time it gets annoying, but a little bit is not bad.

gonk raider, im not releasing to the community after im done with the defauklt skins, then im gonna ask some skinners to do some of their own for variations.

Oh im not gonna do mace for now, ive decided to skin the models i have for now and then do the other jedis when i have time, right now i have none though work has my hands tied up, i still havent started on the skin because of this, but im gonna get mark li to work on the quigon one, so that you guys can have some updates... well that's all for today. cya,.

UseTheForce
06-26-2002, 11:52 AM
Good plan, TEX, I'm very happy to hear your plan is exactly what I was hoping you'd do. I wasn't very happy about having to wait longer for Mace Windu, with how much I was looking forward to Obi-Wan. Cheers, man.

Uber Sith
06-26-2002, 12:34 PM
I really would like if you actually released the models as a pack or somthing..

be a bit easier to find n all. plus i wouldnt mind if ya realsed just the movie skins becasue i wouldnt want 8 versions of qui gon and obi wan on my selection screen...i just think it ruins it ya know

cheers

ANOTHERFAN
06-27-2002, 01:33 AM
i just wanted to add that your doing a great job and you just keep going at it. Whatever you decide is right that is your desision and no one else can change it. Don't do what the public wants of you do what you want to do.

Whatever you descide is best then that is what you shoould do.

just putting my two cents in

Harbinger
06-30-2002, 12:49 PM
This Obi 1/2 model is #1 on my most-wanted list... right ahead of Yoda.

Have you started skinning on Obi yet, Tex? Has Mark started skinning Qui-Gon? Please keep us posted.

Thanks.

gonk-raider
06-30-2002, 10:56 PM
You shoul talk to arco about skinning

Darth-Nasty
06-30-2002, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by TEX360
i actually like when people post in here even if it is some spam, makes me realize that people are looking forward to this and reminds me that i need to keep working on it.

I'm really looking forward to it 4 deffo. Especially the obi wan episode 1. Any chance of them having jedi robes as well?

Pyro638
07-01-2002, 04:32 AM
Any :confused: UPDATES :confused:

TEX360
07-01-2002, 08:32 AM
i had already asked arco to do one skin, also kman, mark li and cheshire, i hope they're still up to it, i also have to skinmesh them. I just have to get myself to do it. and thanks for your comments btw.

KMan
07-01-2002, 08:42 AM
Yeah, I'm up for it. I'm not sure which one you would want me to do. Doesn't matter too much. Whichever one you feel I'd do best at. :cool:
But I'm sure you know how busy I am with that samurai model of yours.

BTW, can you e-mail that file PK was trying to get me (my sam.rar). I've been having massive problems trying to get it. I don't want to d/l get right or one of those gay d/l resumers. If you can, go ahead and zip it up. Maybe that is the problem.

[edit] Actually, I do know which ones I want to do. I want to do the default skins for any and/or all of them.[edit]

DaJo Kesea
07-01-2002, 12:33 PM
Hey, I was wondering how hard it would be to create standalone NPCs for new models so that they don't have to replace the current models in the SP game? If there was a way to duplicate all the code for Luke, the Jedi Trainer, and the Jedi, and then apply those configurations to the new models to make NPCs, that would be awesome.

It would finally be possible to set up Episode I and II skirmishes on an empty map in SP using NPC models of Episode I and II characters, without replacing major characters that make the game look right. That's just in case we ever want to go back and play the game again from the beginning, you know?

The Obi Wan models look fantastic, by the way. Keep up the awesome work.

arghh29
07-01-2002, 03:24 PM
WHat about taunts? Anyone considering doing them for these models?

For ep 2 obi wan, my suggestin would be "you will learn your place young one"

Not sure of ep 1 and qui gonn.

Also will they be able to be used in single player?

Pogwaffle
07-01-2002, 07:33 PM
I tried creating new npc's of models(the tyrion model to be exact) that I have downloaded as a test and it works, sort of. The lightsaber is in a fixed position in the middle of the model, and the npc cant swing it (although it tries!!!).

JangoFett41
07-01-2002, 07:40 PM
a good taunt would be "good call my young padawan!":D

t3rr0r
07-01-2002, 11:53 PM
Originally posted by kman@polycount
Whichever one you feel I'd do best at. :cool:
i think you'd do best at the aotc obi-wan. :D

defalc
07-02-2002, 12:05 AM
Yes, the wise-arse Jedi he must skin. ;)

icepool
07-02-2002, 12:21 AM
Just wanted to say great job on the models. The more jedi the better.:D

SithLord Maul
07-02-2002, 01:32 AM
Awesome model, I want episode 1 skin so i can give Darth Maul revenge! AHAHHAHA

CheshireKat
07-02-2002, 01:35 AM
Tex!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Where ya been man?

Everytime I hit the IRC you leave right when I get there....

Hmmm, perhaps that's why.

Anyways, got any updates?

Arco
07-02-2002, 02:14 AM
i am so wanting to skin this model dude. So yeah when you are ready just tell me what you want me to do. A very fine mesh indeed!

Arco:deathstar

SithLord Maul
07-05-2002, 01:11 AM
we need some pics!!!! :)

JangoFett41
07-05-2002, 01:38 AM
seriously has there even been one pic update?

skyvader21
07-05-2002, 11:45 AM
I can not wait until all of these models are finished. Once these models along with the new Padme, Anakin, Kit Fisto, Plo Koon, Count Dooku, Mace Windu and Yoda models are done, the Episode 1/2 series will be complete. Can't wait!

Is someone going to make Ki-Adi-Mundi? Would that be awesome or what! Someone could make the Geonosian arena. Make some Geonosians, and boom you have the Jedi battle from AOTC!!

fett_jamaika
07-05-2002, 09:25 PM
On wich model are you working?
I want so see scrennies....please!

t3rr0r
07-05-2002, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by skyvader21
the Episode 1/2 series will be complete.
complete?! hardly... besides, more are being/will be taken care of.

Jason_W
07-06-2002, 08:31 AM
Any new pics at all?

master obi-wan
07-06-2002, 05:34 PM
patience you will see they will post some pics soon !!!! you are gonna post some pics are you ???? huh ????

master obi-wan

keo718
07-08-2002, 01:27 AM
Is anybody in the process of skinning this model? It seems that the model has been done for weeks.

morphius_doh
07-08-2002, 01:29 AM
I was beginning to wonder if the models were still being worked on.

skyvader21
07-08-2002, 01:19 PM
Just bumping this to the top. Can't wait to get these models in game.

Darth-Nasty
07-09-2002, 10:38 PM
As its been a month since the last (and only screenshots) can we please have a picture update for all the obi and quigon fans who are so looking forward to these models :)

Are Arco and Kman going to be skinning these models??

I hope so as they are some of the best skinners around and they would help make these great models even better :)

Mark_Li
07-09-2002, 11:52 PM
Wow, THANKS!

(I'm not offended, really, but you could at least READ for the love of christ.)

arghh29
07-10-2002, 12:27 PM
Have they given up on these?

Klorel
07-10-2002, 10:00 PM
Looks like this project has fallen into the great pit of carkoon along with antilles :p

Arco
07-10-2002, 10:55 PM
well I have heard no news at all about this. I am ready to go at it and make some wacko skins but i haven't been given anything. I guess you will all just have to wait.

arco

LOUman
07-11-2002, 03:33 AM
Blast! This is so great, i don't know what to say! God damn good work!

---

Greetings, Master LOUman

Kit Fisto
07-11-2002, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by Klorel
Looks like this project has fallen into the great pit of carkoon along with antilles :p

What the hell happens to these guys? Do they just stop posting updates so they can spend more time working on their projects or do they indeed, as you suggested, fall into the great pit of carkoon? hmmm Meditate on this I will.

Uber Sith
07-11-2002, 01:58 PM
I think with devotion to 4 models in total ya have to give it time.....TEX probably is working on Mace of Qui Gon at the mo..

so everyboday just sit tight :D

Ps:taunt ideas

Mace-"This Partys Over"

Qui-Gon-"I sense a disturbance in the force"

Obi-Wan EP1-"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"

Obi-Wan EP2-"You Havnt Learnt Anything"

just ideas....im sure somwhere you can rip those

gonk-raider
07-11-2002, 06:04 PM
i think he should pass on his work incase he comes in to danger :)

Jason_W
07-12-2002, 05:31 AM
The Mace was abandoned a long while ago.

MaulerZ
07-13-2002, 03:32 AM
GJ!..........What else can I say..............:dsaber:

morphius_doh
07-13-2002, 03:38 AM
What do you mean Mace was abandoned a long time ago? The model is still a WIP!!

DarthBob
07-13-2002, 06:59 AM
I just got a spark of Genius!! How bout' for episode 1 taunt for obi wan it could be: "Yes master."

Wouldn't that ROCK!?!?!?!
:confused:

Sniper Wolf
07-13-2002, 07:14 AM
Looks near-perfect. I hope it is skinned well, because then it will be awesome. Keep it up

inbredyokel
07-13-2002, 08:14 AM
I think the WIP mace you might be thinking of is Klorel's.

Master Yogurt
07-13-2002, 10:19 AM
Pretty fing kick ass....the ep 1 obi's hair is a little black but when skinned this will kick ass

Weapon X
07-13-2002, 11:55 AM
i think this thread should be closed to everyone but the model maker(s) because if only they post we know there's an update when it appears at the top of the forum instead of "can't....let...this...go...to....second....page! *force push to top of thread*" that just means everyone else who's thread has breaking news doesn't get read by anyone because 50 threads have that message so (don't flame me or anything:mad: )but that's my opinion so if you agree then cool, if you don't then f you i don't like reading *bump!*:p

Xyphox
07-13-2002, 01:25 PM
Well, Anakin, if only the modellers posted then it wouldn't really be a forum would it? It would be more like a "I'll post a message here whenever there's an update" thing.

Weapon X
07-13-2002, 01:27 PM
well at least stop the *bump* cuz that's NOT what a forum is for, how about that?

morphius_doh
07-13-2002, 10:20 PM
A forum is a place for exchanges of ideas, comments, and suggestions. If they do what you propose then it will be self-defeating. Besides, if people are Bumping threads it's for the reason that they are excited about what's going on within that thread.

Weapon X
07-13-2002, 11:47 PM
but over half the posts are *bump* which also defeats the purpose of having a thread because you can never see the information you've been waiting for because someone keeps asking the same question 9 or 10 times and think that it'll get answered even though the modeler(s) haven't posted in over a month and only they know the answers

bliv
07-14-2002, 12:49 AM
If only the author posted then he wouldn't get constructive criticism that he could relate to in order to improve his model. But I do agree that people 'BUMP' far too often. If you want to bring up someone's post then make it a little more constructive.

SithBrakiss
07-14-2002, 01:00 AM
yes......just simply bumping doesnt work.....you must do something like this
*Seismic Charges the Post to the top*
*Brief Pause......*BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMF!

morphius_doh
07-14-2002, 01:05 AM
LOL

Weapon X
07-14-2002, 03:02 AM
Originally posted by SithBrakiss
yes......just simply bumping doesnt work.....you must do something like this
*Seismic Charges the Post to the top*
*Brief Pause......*BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMF!

or how about just letting it fall to the depths of the forum? wow, looks like even "*Seismic Charges the Post to the top*
*Brief Pause......*BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMF!" isn't necessary, i sometimes amaze myself

rrbb
07-14-2002, 04:27 AM
I can't wait for the Ep1 model! It's perfect! :yobi:
I think a good taunt for it would be "I'll deal with that." It's the only useful sound for a taunt in the movie for Obi-Wan!

Xyphox
07-14-2002, 04:29 AM
Wow Anakin you get amazed pretty easily don't you?

Weapon X
07-14-2002, 04:57 AM
only some times, others i can't believe how people take everything so literally, i mean it's a thread for a model, right, we've established that people like to give criticism for it and the authors post updates, so why do we have to have *bump!* all the time? it's an honest question and i don't see the point in 4 pages of *bump!*followed by a :p or :D, it makes no sense to me, now i'm sure someone is gonna come up w/some lame ass comback but i can't do anything about that, i only asked people to stop this *bump!* ****, it gets really annoying and i know i'm not the only one, and i know a majority of the posts on some people are *bump!* so take away that and they're a "newbie" as you put it, everyone's "logical" thinking means someone's a newbie by their post count, not how long they've been visiting this thread, great logic isn't it?

Horrorz2002
07-14-2002, 05:07 AM
Well then Anakin, I will have to admit -- I quite agree with your point, HOWEVER:

Your posts regarding how much you hate 'bumping' have 'bumped' this thread more than anyone else has.

Describing your opinion on this matter in another persons thread dedicated to promoting their model is simply rude...if you don't like people 'bumping' then don't do it yourself. This is not the place to start arguments about your opinions on other people...there are other forums on the internet where that is accepted, this is not one of them.

Now, to keep this thread on track:

The models are looking great so far, hopefully our hosts come back to finish the job...I have several reference pictures if needed, PM me for them if ya like :).

Xyphox
07-14-2002, 05:12 AM
You claimed that you stopped spamming, but here you are spamming again in the name of righteousness. I realize you could say I'm spamming right now, but cummon you gotta stop this.

Weapon X
07-14-2002, 05:18 AM
i will stop putting pissed off posts up if people stop putting *bump!* on the threads, i'm sorry to the authors of obi-wan for basically spamming up their thread, but i am kinda disappointed in the lack of updates, or maybe i haven't seen them (wonder why?) but iffen people quit putting just bump in a post then i'll be happy and we can go on living, but unless that happens you'll hear more of/from me, if not on all threads (impossible) then at least this one, anakin, and padme, seein as how those are the best lookin models comin out (in my opinion) and to the authors, great lookin model, i hope to see some update messages and/or pics, take your time w/the model, don't give up your life so you can complete it, by all means go have fun:D

skyvader21
07-14-2002, 09:44 AM
ep2 anakin: there is nothing wrong with wanting to keep particular thread at the top of the forum. Using the word "bump" is a simple and effective way of keeping the thread where it should be.

If no one "bumped" or replied, then this thread would be on page five or six and the author of the models would think, "...hmm I guess no one gives a damn about my model. I think I'll stop making it." And then you and the rest of us would be like "WTF?! What happened to Obi-Wan and Qui Gon?!"

Now I also apologize for spamming but this just had to be said. I am a noob myself; new to posting that is on this forum. but I have been reading this forum for a while. Some of the best stuff is coming out now with the impending (I hope) release of Anakin, Yoda, Mace, Ki Adi Mundi and hopefully Obi-Wan ep1ep2 and Qui Gon Jinn. A lot of really good modellers are coming out of the woods, and I simply can't wait for these models.

Weapon X
07-14-2002, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by skyvader21
ep2 anakin: there is nothing wrong with wanting to keep particular thread at the top of the forum. Using the word "bump" is a simple and effective way of keeping the thread where it should be.

If no one "bumped" or replied, then this thread would be on page five or six and the author of the models would think, "...hmm I guess no one gives a damn about my model. I think I'll stop making it." And then you and the rest of us would be like "WTF?! What happened to Obi-Wan and Qui Gon?!"

Now I also apologize for spamming but this just had to be said. I am a noob myself; new to posting that is on this forum. but I have been reading this forum for a while. Some of the best stuff is coming out now with the impending (I hope) release of Anakin, Yoda, Mace, Ki Adi Mundi and hopefully Obi-Wan ep1ep2 and Qui Gon Jinn. A lot of really good modellers are coming out of the woods, and I simply can't wait for these models.

they know people want their models, if they thought differently then they'd be f*ckin out of it (which they hopefully aren't ;)) and i personally don't think a modeler likes to keep reading *bump* instead of constructive criticism which is what SHOULD go on here instead. i know if i was a modeler i wouldn't want the thread to be filled up w/ 2-3 pages of *bump*, now i don't know how other people would feel but i personally wouldn't like it, again sorry for spamming:(

Sounds Risky
07-14-2002, 10:55 AM
Then stop being a hypocrite and stop posting already you bumper.

Jango_Fett91
07-15-2002, 01:41 PM
LOL Cant get by Matt ShoeMaker Kan ya?:lurkblast

gonk-raider
07-15-2002, 05:38 PM
F you anikin the modeler said he wanted us to comment.. so once again F YOU big time

bliv
07-15-2002, 07:34 PM
ep2 Anakin: Bumping a post is in fact a good thing. Mainly because it allows newcomers to the community and the game to instantly see the main threads where the best models are at the top of the board. If they aren't at the top of the boards many people won't search through pages looking for threads that they don't know exist.

Weapon X
07-16-2002, 07:55 AM
ya know, i quit posting on here because it was taking up to much of my time but if you can't just leave it alone then F YOU gonk raider, and i know that the modeler wants comments, i guess i didn't put much thought into my first post, my main point was to stop the bumping cuz i don't think that's what a modeler wants their thread about their model to turn into, so once again i ask for the bumping to stop cuz it's only annoying, and how are new comers gonna get the latest news when they have to first deal with all the bump posts? (not just on this thread, on many others)

Gram_Reaper
07-16-2002, 02:36 PM
man anakin has got some rage, and also can only express what he needs to say by saying f*&( this and screw that. If you dont wanna see bump again leave the forum

Kit Fisto
07-16-2002, 04:15 PM
fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to BUMP :vsd:

Gram_Reaper
07-17-2002, 01:20 AM
that was the greatest post ive ever seen hahahahaha

man hes going to be crying himself to sleep on his huge pillow

Weapon X
07-17-2002, 02:30 AM
did you not read my last post?!?!?! i said i quit cuz it was getting annoying arguing against 10 people at once, and it was taking up too much of my time so i quit, and y haven't you guys?!?!?!?! i know, cuz you don't have anything better to do than sit on a computer all day long and talk big words that you'd have no chance of backing up in a real situation, you think your gods on a computer so you do whatever you feel like cuz you know the ones your pissing off are probably 100's of miles away and won't travel that far just to kick your scrawny little asses, get a life gram_reaper and kit fisto your pathetic and let this argument go, cuz EVERYONE else but you two did

pud1
07-17-2002, 05:26 AM
ROFL
Flame them to get the last word in and then tell em to stop talking about.....yah thats gonna happen, lol

"Who is more foolish, the fool, or the fool that follows him?" - Obi-Wan Kenobi

Gram_Reaper
07-17-2002, 06:23 AM
thats right pud1, this guys a joke. He said he stopped but then went right back at it. And you say that we cant back ourselves up in real situations, youve probly never actually seen a sitituation that is real and if you were in one, what you gonna do, Swear At Us.Oh yeah Anakin. ..................................

bump

Weapon X
07-17-2002, 06:27 AM
y do you insist on keeping this argument going? fine, starting now this argument is over, which means NO MORE BRINGING IT BACK UP!!! i'm tired of arguing w/10people at once and if defending myself makes me a joke then i guess your completely right, i don't know y i didn't see it before but i guess you know everything about someone you've never seen/met before:rolleyes:

Gram_Reaper
07-17-2002, 06:29 AM
ok ok we stop this right now, delete your posts above so nobody sees these

Eklin
07-17-2002, 06:48 AM
Maybe the reason there have been no updates is because there's been so much arguing, you all scared him away.

I REALLY hope that this hasn't been abandoned, but if it has, don't disrespect the work that had been done by turning this into a giant flaming thread.

skyvader21
07-17-2002, 07:17 AM
Everybody just needs to stop bickering! No point in spamming anyone! (yeah I know I am spamming myself, so no one has to call me a hypocrite!)

lok-on
07-17-2002, 07:56 AM
has anyone found an obi-wan esp1 padawan saber? i can't find one anywhere!

gonk-raider
07-18-2002, 09:49 AM
ooh we are apose to be afraid of anakin...OOOOO SCARED, If you came anywhere near me I'd use ...any tool in my disposle and claim self defence :) And as for this arguement nice to see your not maning up to a fight you started.

keo718
07-18-2002, 10:06 AM
Where's TEX at? Whats going on with this model?

Uber Sith
07-19-2002, 01:58 AM
Okay so Ep2_anakin ..ya dug yaself a pretty deep hole here havnt ya :D.....so what im gonna suggest is this. Now im not gonna take anyones side

Okay anakin ya put ya view across and ya said please dont flame me.....so ya get a little critisism....ya get flamed a bit but think about what you really said at first......I know people have a tendancy to "bump"....but face it....when people say "bump" it doesnt take up to much space and keeps the model in the interest of Noobs and others who forgot about it....most of these peeps dont bump for bumping sake or for post count but to keep it alive...they want the model that they like to be in the interest of everyone.....and that i have no objection to...

Now i do know you can have your opinion i cant stop ya :D....but when you do get flamed for it dont be hostile..accept it and tell everyone else ya understand and move on...

now ya dont have to apoligise to anyone it was a opinion..

and everyone who is stil content in having a go at anakin think first......is flaming somone really ever worth the time????? its offensive and hurts the whole thread

all that aside......i really do hope TEX comes back to this....he wouldnt want a great model going down the drain

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Wakka Bongo
07-19-2002, 02:06 AM
Well Said Uber Sith!

"May The Force Be With You"

inbredyokel
07-19-2002, 02:16 AM
If they don't plan on finishing the obi wan models(or qui-gon, for that matter), it would be nice if they would release the models to someone who would have the time. I'm sure many good people would jump at the opportunity to finish these suckers off. It'd be a bit of a downer for these awsome obi-wans to sit and rot away on someone's computer. But then again, they could very well be working on them as we speak, in which case an update would be nice if only to "claim" the obi wan and qui-gon models so nobody else has to worry about making them.

K.O
07-20-2002, 06:25 PM
He's probably just reaaaaaaally busy and has other stuff to do, but I hope he didn't forget this either. Btw lok, I have the obi-wan ep1 hilt. It came in that hilt package that came out. If you need it, I'm on AIM. SN is GDD1300. If you don't have AIM, any other way I could send it? (If you need it)

Jason_W
07-20-2002, 09:24 PM
In my opinion the worst thing 'bout this situation is that with these models 'out-there' it's putting off other people who may have started their own Obi-Wans or Qui-Gons. Now we may be stuck like this for 'a very long time'.

Kn1ves
07-20-2002, 10:05 PM
Those models still AMAZE me, TEX360 ;)
Can you give us a sign of life so we'll know not to lose hope?

IPHDTD
07-22-2002, 03:53 PM
is this model still being worked on or has it been scrapped? havent seen any updates on it in a while. i hope its still in the works tho, it looks to be a very promising model.

keo718
07-22-2002, 04:26 PM
He's probably just reaaaaaaally busy and has other stuff to do, but I hope he didn't forget this either.

People make time for what they want to do.

remark 666
07-22-2002, 05:02 PM
heh. no maker for 2 pages, I thin he's given up ^_^

Hanch Saode
07-22-2002, 05:44 PM
God forbid :)

Well...if he has really abandonned the project, it's a shame...but what is there else to say?

But that's not exactly what I hope :) So if you are out there...make a sound :)

LOUman
07-22-2002, 07:47 PM
that would be a damn shame... but look at my avatar *sigh*

Elessil
07-23-2002, 03:09 AM
Just wondering..did anyone ever try e-mailing TEX or mark_li?

(and by that I don't mean everyone should now spam their adresses, but one sending a polite and not-demanding question whether they are still working on it, and if not, if they could give out what they have so far so the community can finish it)

(Please note, I was on holidays the past three weeks and couldn't check any posts here. So if they did post ANYTHING about not having the time at the moment but going to get to it later, then leave them alone, stop flooding the thread with 50x the same post, and wait till they return)

Kn1ves
07-23-2002, 07:56 AM
I was just about to suggest the same thing.
I think I'll send em an e-mail, not something aggressive or anything... Just to know if there's a sign of life.

Hanch Saode
07-23-2002, 07:59 AM
We will all be awaiting their reply :)

/me crosses fingers...

-[MotU]-Lyger|=-
07-24-2002, 01:07 AM
where are these skins???

LOUman
07-29-2002, 07:53 AM
*bump* *bump* *Bumpedy Boo*

Kn1ves
07-29-2002, 08:13 AM
From what Darth Nasty stated in the Qui-Gon thread, the models are still alive and kicking! :D

LOUman
07-29-2002, 08:15 AM
i hope so... because i can't model and .. yeah that's it :D

arghh29
08-01-2002, 01:04 AM
Cant bring myself to let this die.

Ulic Quel Droma
08-01-2002, 01:49 AM
they arnt dead
he told me today that he handed them to someone else to do or something

Epic
08-01-2002, 02:12 AM
To anyone who wants a "true-to-the-movies" Obi-Wan Padawan Saber let me know and I'll try to send you the Pk3 file. It's the best hilt I've seen. I mean in every aspect of the file!!!
Perfect to partner with a model but unfortunatly I don't know how to do this.
If you want to email me, my addy is epicghost@yahoo.com so drop me a line if you wish. For a quicker response for the Pk3 file email me and I'll get you the saber ASAP!
Good luck in all you works.

-Epic-

nomad
08-02-2002, 03:45 PM
Ulic Quel Droma - they arnt dead
he told me today that he handed them to someone else to do or something

That is GREAT news! I've been sillently keeping my eye on these amazing looking models. I hope things go well with them and their maker(s).

-nomad

MTFBWY

-[MotU]-Lyger|=-
08-02-2002, 04:03 PM
where in the internet are these skins?!

Jason_W
08-02-2002, 07:49 PM
They aren't released yet so no-where on the net.

If what Ulic Quel Droma says is true then I'm a happy bunny.

Uber Sith
08-05-2002, 12:15 AM
lets hope so then eh...would be nice to have these models

keo718
08-05-2002, 12:20 AM
they arnt dead he told me today that he handed them to someone else to do or something

Meanwhile, we still have no updates whatsoever.

omeo
08-05-2002, 06:33 AM
Since I don't have the time to wade through the several pages of posts, I am gonna post my general idea on what the Modeling community should do about the absence of updates. I say give the creators a one week altimatum. If they don't reply, then the task of creating the models should be upfor grabs for the rest of the JK2 community.

PS.. If my post makes no sense, attribute it to the fact that i didn't read the entire thread.

K.O
08-05-2002, 06:45 AM
Well.. You do know that Tex would have to give them to model for them to finish right? Besides I think they said he's already given it to someone else to skin or something.

agentj64
08-06-2002, 04:46 PM
I've had a taste of the obi wan model
he's done a great job
very well built too, it should deform nicely:0

Oh well TEX360 when ever you get in IRC gimme a hollar;P

Darth-Nasty
08-06-2002, 05:08 PM
agentj64:

which obiwan have you seen ep1 or ep2?

12thMonkey
08-06-2002, 05:11 PM
I was also talking to Tex yesterday and he said that he no longer comes to these forums so dont expect updates from him.

agentj64
08-06-2002, 05:26 PM
Alright I'll update for him
without his consent:)

I'll tell him later?

As for me, I dont like how this community is being torn apart its really pissing me and TEX_ somewhat off, I know im jumping on ut2003 the day it comes out, he and many others might aswell

A for obi wan

Ep2
I might vertex weight him as well, shouldnt be hard

As for anything else? Im wokring on my new model and i need help

His skin MIGHT BE DONE by arco, he's asked, and I've asked as well:d

We'll have to see

the mesh its self is beuatifully done, smooth and solid i love it:0

The Count
08-07-2002, 04:34 PM
Think this needs a bump!

KBell
08-07-2002, 04:39 PM
no dooku, it doesnt. This is a dead thread and TEX isnt comming back so you wasted your bump

The Count
08-07-2002, 04:46 PM
Oh no I wasted my bump! it's not like I have a limited supply of them.

KBell
08-07-2002, 04:49 PM
what i meant was your wasting your time( if you have a real life that is)

The only reason people bump a thread is to prevent it from falling into oblivion and allow the V\Creator to Post his updates. Well there isnt going to be any updates in the fuchure so basicaly all your doing is Spamming.

The Count
08-07-2002, 04:51 PM
I think I do have a life considering you have posted nearly twice as much as I have, plus you joined much later than I did.

KBell
08-07-2002, 04:53 PM
i didnt say you didnt have a life, i merely applied that as and option.

Tru_Weed_Smoka3
08-07-2002, 04:53 PM
Come on this model is dead stop posting hear what ashame!!!!!!!!

KBell
08-07-2002, 04:54 PM
omg, as the wheel turns........

Tru_weed i dont thing you belong anywhere near these forums

Arco
08-07-2002, 04:55 PM
Right then. I AM DOWN for skinning him... if I ever get the mesh and some uvmaps. So yeah please someone pass em along... I promise they will be the best skins from me yet.

Arco:deathii:

KBell
08-07-2002, 04:57 PM
i whole-heartedly agree that Archo has the ability to skin this.
Too bad TEX is dead

Darth-Nasty
08-07-2002, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by Tru_Weed_Smoka3
this model is dead

Wrong!

Originally posted by BakerS8er
no dooku, it doesnt. This is a dead thread and TEX isnt comming back so you wasted your bump

this may kind of be a dead thread (if thread life is measured in number of updates)

but it definatly isnt a ded model so if people wanna post their thoughts regarding the model here then let them.

Obiwan will be with us eventually

KBell
08-07-2002, 05:04 PM
eventually....yes
from TEX.......No

And i dont think "bump" is a thought or an opinion. :p