PDA

View Full Version : New force powers?

GCrusher23
06-05-2002, 10:11 AM
Hi how hard would you guys say it'd be to incorporate a mod where, when selected in multiplayer, runs just like the game does now but with more force powers?

I'm asking because I've thought of a new force power. It could be called Force Sacrifice. So far this could only be a team force power. When you are in a fight, and you have a full force bar, you can use Force Sacrifice. Your model will hold up his saber like ObiWan did in ANH, and when the enemy attacks you you'll turn into a ghost. Only your team can see your text and your model. This could be a benefit for your team as you can go in and let them know where the enemy is and whatnot. Also it'd be really fun.

What does everyone else think?

EDIT: Forgot, if you use Force Sacrifice the enemy does not get a kill if he kills you.

Subject452
06-05-2002, 10:23 AM
sounds alot like mindtrick 2 me

GCrusher23
06-05-2002, 10:38 AM
hmm I don't see how it's mind trick at all. You'll get yourself killed, then act as a ghost for an undetermined amount of time.

Subject452
06-05-2002, 10:40 AM
ghost = invisible, mindtrick makes u invivible

GCrusher23
06-05-2002, 02:29 PM
ok now you're taking the fun out of my idea :rolleyes:

anyways, can someone answer the other part to my question about what is involved in adding a new force power?

Lucky
06-05-2002, 07:16 PM
I'm trying to figure that out atm, and its a pain in the ass if you don't know anything about q3 editing. I'm really lost.

Lucky

GCrusher23
06-05-2002, 07:25 PM
I know what you mean Lucky. Luckily I at least know c++, so that makes the coding easy, but figuring out where everything is defined and located is the hard part.

In #jediknight today someone told me they're going to be working on a tutorial for making force powers. He said it should be released tommorrow.