PDA

View Full Version : WIP: Boushh/Leia

oddjob: A-Team
06-06-2002, 03:02 PM
Ok, I have her in game, no LOD's yet. But how the hell do you fix THIS:

http://home.attbi.com/~oddjob1138/img/boush_leia_saber.jpg

Don't mind the oil spill. It's my video card when it takes screenshots apparently.

Shawny
06-06-2002, 03:06 PM
looks like a tag problem but since I know nothing about tags I cant really help you out, so really my post is useless.:confused:

spacermonkey
06-06-2002, 03:17 PM
link the right hand tag to the stupid triangle off;)

moooa
06-06-2002, 07:06 PM
I don't know if the proposition of spacermonkey work but if it doesn't
just check that all your elements have the same pivot point and that all the pivot point have the same orientation

CheshireKat
06-08-2002, 03:21 AM
More Please?

Besides this is on Page 2 damnit!

06-08-2002, 05:26 AM
I think I have it figured out. At leas in part. I looked at the glm in the glm viewer with tags on. And all but the left leg and arm's tags were upsidedown. This makse some sense. Because when I first tested the model all but the left leg and arm(mirror copies of the right leg and arm) had normals inside out in game only. All looked fine in Max, but once exported, the model viewer had the normals flipped. So I flipped them so they would look right in game. All but the left leg and arm. So I think that that is where my problem lies. If I can fix the normal problem, I think I will be ok.

But it may be a while before it comes out as I haven't done any of the LOD yet because I wanted to nail down the exporting first. And DAMN preparing a model for export is a crapload of work. Boring work at that. :p On top of that, I am going on vacation for two weeks soon, most of which I will be out of town. If I can get this problem nailed down, I might get it released before I leave.

One quesion, can you just add a new taunt to a model and still use, say, Jan's sounds? If so, how?

Luuke
06-08-2002, 08:42 AM
as far as i know it is no problem to use jan's sounds and a new taunt for leia. every model has a sound.cfg file, which holds the location of the wav files used by that model. you could just use jan's sound.cfg for your leia and change the path of her taunt to whatever you like.

Harbinger
06-08-2002, 11:16 PM
bump.

... been waiting for this model for quite some time. Here's hopin' you get it released before your vacation. ;)

06-09-2002, 04:59 PM
Ok, I am stumped. I got the light saber in her hand now. And for the most part it looks fine. But it doesn't seem to follow through when she swings it. And when I do the light stance backward-stab it still faces forward.

I am beginning to pull my hair out.

striderx2048
06-09-2002, 08:55 PM
its the attached to the wrong bone bug thing again
ask sithlord-ii

Darkhold X
06-09-2002, 11:37 PM
Yea he had the same problem the first time of his vader. Everything looked fine, but the backstab was wrong.

06-10-2002, 03:19 AM
Thanks for the tip. Hopefully he will see this or the private message I sent him.

CheshireKat
06-13-2002, 12:31 AM
Got any more Updates?

I saw you got the saber fixed, very nice.

Anyways for sounds just get an animsounds.cfg from one of the other models.

Then create a sound folder in your base folder.

Then a chars folder in the sound folder.

Then a "name of your model" folder in your chars folder.

Then a misc folder inside you "model name" folder.

Then put your sounds in there. Ripp apart Reborn to see what you need, but you don't need all of those. The MP ones are most important. Any sounds you don't put in will be replace by default ones.

EZ8
06-13-2002, 01:27 AM
You should make slave girl Leia! :D :D :D :D :D

06-13-2002, 10:18 AM
Well, it's 4am and I am about to hop on a plane to Florida for vacation, so I figured I would release a beta version of what I got. There is only 1 LOD, so be warned. Also, the sounds for Boushh(modified Jan sounds and a Princess Leia quote) are STILL not working so perhaps one of you industrious poeple here on the board could remedy that situation and let me know how you did it?

Anyway, this is for all those board regulars. Like I said, this is a beta release, so that's why I am not submitting it to polycount or JKII.net. I will finish the other two LOD's when I get back and do a full release then. Enjoy in the mean time:

http://home.attbi.com/~oddjob1138/boushh.zip

quigon1
06-13-2002, 10:31 AM
Thank you so much for this model Oddjob ;) !!!
I 'am going to test it hehe ;)

And VIVA LEIA :) !!!

Qui-Gon Jinn, a jedi protector of the Republic...

Kit Fisto
06-13-2002, 11:41 AM
Not bad, not bad at all :) Thanks for the model

striderx2048
06-13-2002, 12:47 PM
cool model, what left to work on?
there a typo on leia's bot personality

žith Lord
06-13-2002, 03:44 PM
Great Model, hope you someone helps you with your problems oddjob

Lucko Mabri
06-13-2002, 03:52 PM
Whoa Badass Model! Just Played It! It's Perfect! What needs doin to the model now?

CheshireKat
06-14-2002, 12:24 AM
Hooray!!!

Except, I'm supposed to be finishing up my model right now....

Well, off to see yours!

Tap[RR]
06-14-2002, 05:05 AM
One small complaint, really small, the pony tail on leia, its like too dark and it looks like she has a butch cut, so, maybe you can lighten it so it shows strands there? Or like lighten it so you know its a model, hehe.. then it'd be perfect ^_^.

nomad
06-14-2002, 10:03 PM
Excellent Job!
Thanks for the preview!
The likeness is great.
Nice choice for the taunts.
LOL The taunt for the model with the helmet on might be better being just Boushh talk, but it is quite funny the way you have it. Actually it's not just "funny" it's really cool the way you did it.

The suggestion about lightening the pony tail is actually a good idea. Nothing drastic, maybe just a touch of a vague highlight. I didn't think much of it myself while playing, but after reading that suggestion, I do remeber the pony tail being a bit dark.

Thanks again
-nomad

MTFBWY

adillon
06-15-2002, 01:58 AM
oddjob, all i gotta say is WOW! great models.

i noticed two things that are throwing me off, and i do realize it's a beta release, but i want to inform you of what i'm thinking.

first of all, there seems to be some kind of interference (?) with leia's/boushh's backpack and shoulderstrap. it looks like they overlap, and it doens't quite look right.

secondly, boushh's taunt ... i don't get it. why didn't you use the "yatay" one that's said in RotJ? we've never been able to understand what boushh says, so why should the taunt be something about a laserbrain (i think)?

don't take any offense at what i've said, oddjob. your model is fabulous ... i just wanted you to know the things i think can be improved upon.

ROCK ON!

06-22-2002, 01:21 PM
Back from vacation!

Well, I used that sound because it's an actual clip from ESB and I just made it more like the boushh-ish sounds that were in RoTJ when she is talking to Han in English. I thought about using the Boushh clip but it doesn't really say anything and doesn't particularly sound threatening or taunting. That's all. I will probably have this model done and released by the end of next week. Probably.

06-22-2002, 10:42 PM
BTW, has anybody that downloaded it been able to get the Boushh sounds working? Just curious.

Kururin
06-22-2002, 10:47 PM
I have this is a great model i use her in SP as Jan because my MP isn't working for some reason. :fett:

aL BeasTie
06-22-2002, 11:38 PM
yes the sounds work, I think the sounds are ok but you could use the ROTJ sounds because they sound just as good.

By the way Boussh was they model I wanted the most, and I love your model. Very well done

Can I have the .zip added to this site ? - http://www.jk2models.cjb.net

delquar
06-23-2002, 03:17 AM
cool, i was wondering if she would be made. lol. will be a nice edition to my lan model pack when compleet, keep up the good work

06-24-2002, 12:32 AM
Hey Beastie, thanks for the offer, but not quite yet. It's ALMOST done. So don't post it just yet.

CheshireKat
06-24-2002, 02:35 AM
Oddjob, everything is great.

The only thing i would prefer are some of the lines from Jabbas Palace before the maske comes off for the Boussh version instead of altered Leigh sounds, but I think that's just a personal thing.

Lookin Great!!!

06-25-2002, 08:20 AM
Well, this way the taunt matches the pain sounds pretty well. And anybody that wants to can make their own taunt.

nomad
06-25-2002, 12:10 PM
Great Job!
The sounds work fine for me.

Anyone notice that a couple of pages of this thread are missing? :rolleyes:

I was thrown off when I first heard the taunt, but I think it's cool...and actually clever. Nice work.

You could add ROTJ mp3's for other sounds, like anger, pain, hatred, and such. I know that DarkDNA's Emperor (only a skin) talks A LOT. Sometimes, it seems like he doesn't shut up, which I think is great... especially for him.
I would like to find a complete list of all the sittuations that mp3's are assignable to.

Anyway, Thanks for the nice work! I look forward to the final release.

-nomad

MTFBWY

aL BeasTie
06-25-2002, 07:57 PM
open up the .pk3 of that skin there's heaps of sound file in there, but unfortunately there not great quality. If you work the list out post it here, or here (read below)

06-26-2002, 01:11 AM
I just wonder why the sounds don't work on my comp. Hrm...

delquar
06-26-2002, 04:55 AM
when i load up the one with the helmet, i get a error saying it cant find te head's skin, no big deal, but kinda annoying to readall the time

Kranckor
06-26-2002, 08:46 AM
Some one mention the sound of Leia screaming when she is shot in ROTJ?

06-28-2002, 02:13 PM
Ok, I am all finished with the LOD's and am pretty much ready to release this puppy. But I STILL can't get the Boushh sounds to work on my comp. This bothers me to the point that I almost don't want to release it until I figure out what's wrong.

ANY help, tips, suggestions etc would be greatly appreciated concerning the boushh sounds. The leia ones work fine.

žith Lord
06-28-2002, 05:01 PM
Hmmm... thats weird. the sounds dont work on the creators comp,but does on everyone elses?? weird.

the only problems I can think of are

1. sound drivers aren't up to date? (probably not the problem)
2. you have EAX enabled in your sound settings. (maybe)
3. an unknown problem to me (quite possibly the right answer)

I wouldn't stop the release if it works on everyone elses comps though. im sure its not a problem with the model and possibly something on your comp.

06-29-2002, 05:35 AM
Ok, I released it. I sent it to Polycount and JKII.net. It should be up soon. In the mean time, here's the included screenshot:'

http://home.attbi.com/~oddjob1138/img/boush_leia.jpg

And for those that just can't wait, and for Bestie to get for his site, here's the finished file:

http://home.attbi.com/~oddjob1138/boushh.zip

Enjoy!

CheshireKat
06-29-2002, 06:21 AM
Very cool Oddjob. I haven't checked out the final version , though I just DLed it, but I was meaning to ask you somehting and I kept forgetting.

THe Leigh bot keeps causing me an error, from the prevacation erra, and would sometimes crash me out. Any Idea?

Either way, great model!

BradFu
06-29-2002, 06:36 AM
Excellent work, Oddjob!

Now that I've had a chance to examine it close up, I've got a couple comments that might be useful if you ever do a 2.0 version.

The first one is that she seems to have too much skin between her index finger and her thumb. It almost looks like she has webbed hands :)

The other comment is more of a personal wish.. The chestplate can be turned off, but there doesn't seem to be an augment for underneath it (unless I'm just missing it.) If it would be at all possible to set it up so you can turn off the chestplate (with the back canister dowacky), the bandolier, and the knuckle spikes, that would be awesome. I was just looking at the shape of her clothes and thinking they would make some really nice prequel-era Jedi-style clothing with a reskin :)

Anywho... Very nice job on this model! Can't wait to see what you'll try next! :)

06-30-2002, 02:08 AM
There is nothing under the chestplate unfortunately. So that is a no go. Sorry.

BTW, they posted it in the files section, so go get it!

keo718
06-30-2002, 03:49 AM
Hey OddJob, I'm having the same problem with the Leiah bot in that everytime I try to use her, my multiplayer crashes. Any suggestions?

06-30-2002, 04:03 AM
Dunno. It's weird, I have problems with boushh sounds, and nobody else does. And some people have problems with the Leia bot and mine runs fine. WEIRD.

I will look into it, and perhaps release a new version if I figure out what went wrong.