PDA

View Full Version : Ocular Difficulties?


Thrawn
09-01-2001, 02:52 PM
I posted this out of curiosity. BTW I wear contacs. :D

darthfergie
09-01-2001, 02:56 PM
Glasses:D
I use them to magnify my DeathEye:D

Gamma732
09-01-2001, 02:57 PM
I wear contacts too.

Its taking forever to research Ocular Implants at my Covet Ops lab. (Come on all you SC fans....Laugh!) :D

Kvan
09-01-2001, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by darthfergie
Glasses:D
I use them to magnify my DeathEye:D
No way! You have a DeathEye too? So do I!! ;)

Lord JayVizIon
09-01-2001, 02:59 PM
i wear contacts, and btw blizzard got that idea of ocular implants from me...:D

Gamma732
09-01-2001, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by Lord JayVizIon
i wear contacts, and btw blizzard got that idea of ocular implants from me...:D

You?? They stole that idea from me! And its all because their spy was able to get into my Battle Lab. (Alright, now its all the RA2 fans turn to laugh!)

Lord JayVizIon
09-01-2001, 03:04 PM
hmmm, don't know about you, but some blizzard guy got into my bathroom and happened to see that implant in my container, embedded in saline solution....:D

Admiral Odin
09-01-2001, 03:05 PM
I wear glasses.

Gamma732
09-01-2001, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by Lord JayVizIon
hmmm, don't know about you, but some blizzard guy got into my bathroom and happened to see that implant in my container, embedded in saline solution....:D

Those frauds. I'm sure there has to be some law against that ;)

Wow, I'm the only one that uses both glasses and contacts? Well....I only use glasses when I'm too lazy to put in contacts.

Darth_Rommel
09-01-2001, 03:17 PM
Nothing! I have perfect eyesight! :D

crazy_dog
09-01-2001, 03:41 PM
I wear... (guess :D )

Darth_Rommel
09-01-2001, 03:45 PM
Clothes?

crazy_dog
09-01-2001, 04:54 PM
Keep trying, my friend :D !

Thrawn
09-01-2001, 05:08 PM
Nothing? That's disgusting! :p :D

crazy_dog
09-01-2001, 06:09 PM
FINE!!!! I wear clothes, a watch and some glasses!!!!!!

Sherack Nhar
09-01-2001, 06:10 PM
I wear glasses. Too much 60Hz during the good ol' times of 386DX!

Tie Guy
09-01-2001, 07:35 PM
Well, i technically have better than perfect eyesight, clocking in an amazing 20/15! But since you didn't have that option, i had to vote for perfect. :D

xwing guy
09-01-2001, 07:48 PM
I have good eyesight so I don't have to wear glasses or contacts either.

MadPoster
09-01-2001, 10:02 PM
I just rip the eyes out of people who bother me...

Oh, wait, I mean, I don't wear glasses.:D

Thrawn
09-01-2001, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by Tie Guy
Well, i technically have better than perfect eyesight, clocking in an amazing 20/15! But since you didn't have that option, i had to vote for perfect. :D

How can you have better than perfect?! Is it true? Or are you just kidding? How good can you see? Give me an example. :confused:

darthfergie
09-01-2001, 10:28 PM
It isn't better than perfect Thrawn. He is near sited in one eye and has perfect site in the other.

Darth_Rommel
09-01-2001, 10:31 PM
Being farsighted is considered 'better than perfect'... ;) It's true...

xwing guy
09-01-2001, 10:35 PM
Being far-sighted is a lot better than being near-sighted, its true.

Darth_Rommel
09-01-2001, 10:38 PM
Being farsighted is, in fact better than having "right in the middle sight"...


p.s. Don't.mock.me. :mad:

darthfergie
09-01-2001, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by Darth_Rommel
Being farsighted is, in fact better than having "right in the middle sight"...

Unless you can't see the computer when you sit down at arms length from it because it is too close:p

Tie Guy
09-02-2001, 12:13 AM
I'm not joking, i really do have 20/15 vision, but that isn't what you think it mean. The 2 numbers aren't your 2 different eyes. It does like this. If i have 20/15 vision, then i can see things at 20ft, that normal people could only see at 20ft. Likewise, if you have 20/200, then you can see things at 20ft, that normal people can see at 200ft. And so on..... Get it? Perfect vision would really be 20/.000000000000000000000000000001 or so. 20/20 is just "normal"

darthfergie
09-02-2001, 12:17 AM
So in other words your far sited. Not perfect.:p

Tie Guy
09-02-2001, 02:40 PM
No, so in other words i can see things far away and close up better than anyone hear. It just means that i can ALSO things things from father away that you couldn't see if you were closer. That doesn't mean i'm farsighted, or nearsighted, its perfectly, or rather, nearly perfect.

Admiral Odin
09-02-2001, 04:35 PM
I want somebody to shine a laser into my eye to give me back my vision.

Funny it was a light that hurt it to. :(

Lord JayVizIon
09-02-2001, 10:41 PM
another way of measuring vision is via diopters (D), which uses what distance an image appears from a mirror, reference pt, etc. and the distance an observer is from that ref. point.

laser surgery performed on the eye works on the retina, but there is a very small chance that it may not work...

Kvan
09-02-2001, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by Tie Guy
No, so in other words i can see things far away and close up better than anyone hear. It just means that i can ALSO things things from father away that you couldn't see if you were closer. That doesn't mean i'm farsighted, or nearsighted, its perfectly, or rather, nearly perfect.
Yes, yes Tie! We all know you are perfect! You can stop bragging! :rolleyes:
;)

Darth_Rommel
09-02-2001, 11:35 PM
My eyes are more perfecter than you eyes, Kvan! :p

Gamma732
09-02-2001, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by Lord JayVizIon
another way of measuring vision is via diopters (D), which uses what distance an image appears from a mirror, reference pt, etc. and the distance an observer is from that ref. point.

laser surgery performed on the eye works on the retina, but there is a very small chance that it may not work...

Yeah, my dad knows a guy that had laser surgury and it didn't work. The concept of it not working and making my vision worse really turns me off to the surgury.

Kvan
09-02-2001, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by Darth_Rommel
My eyes are more perfecter than you eyes, Kvan! :p
Oh Yeah!? Well I'm smarter then you ;)

Lord JayVizIon
09-02-2001, 11:40 PM
yeah, in regards to laser eye surgery, here's 5 words you never want to hear, esp. regarding surgery:

'It's a work in progress'

Gamma732
09-02-2001, 11:41 PM
Shut up both of you, I'm the most perfectest of us all ;) Beat that SAT phrase!!

Darth_Rommel
09-02-2001, 11:45 PM
Originally posted by Kvan

Oh Yeah!? Well I'm smarter then you ;)


NO! NO! NO! NO! I'm the smart one! :mad: ;)

Tie Guy
09-03-2001, 12:07 AM
Originally posted by Kvan

Yes, yes Tie! We all know you are perfect! You can stop bragging! :rolleyes:
;)

Well, as long as everyone know it....... ;)

Anyways, i have the absolute most perfectest eyes in the universe!!! Mwuhahahahahaha.......oh wait, nevermind, i know a guy that has 20/12 vision.

Gamma732
09-03-2001, 12:09 AM
Originally posted by Tie Guy


Well, as long as everyone know it....... ;)

Anyways, i have the absolute most perfectest eyes in the universe!!! Mwuhahahahahaha.......oh wait, nevermind, i know a guy that has 20/12 vision.

Cheater!!! Your clones don't count!!!! ;)

darthfergie
09-03-2001, 12:11 AM
Originally posted by Darth_Rommel



NO! NO! NO! NO! I'm the smart one! :mad: ;)

Not even close Rommel.:p
In 7th Grade I took the ACT and made a 24/36 overall:D

I REIGN SUPREME!!!! :vadar: :saberr:

Tie Guy
09-03-2001, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by darthfergie


Not even close Rommel.:p
In 7th Grade I took the ACT and made a 24/36 overall:D

I REIGN SUPREME!!!! :vadar: :saberr:

HA! I know football players that scored higher. ;)

Anyways, none of you are smarter than my bro. He scored a 1600 on his SAT as a junior. So ha! :D

crazy_dog
09-03-2001, 12:58 PM
Uh-oh. The Forumtic Civil War is brewing up.

Darth_Rommel
09-03-2001, 01:51 PM
Well... guess what I skipped a grade!

Tie Guy
09-03-2001, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by Darth_Rommel
Well... guess what I skipped a grade!

What, preschool? j/k ;)

Anyways, i'm really young for my grade. I just turned 15 and am a sophomore, so ha!!!

Anyways, what were we talking about again....oh yeah, ocular difficulties. The wierd thing about me having good vision is that both opf my parents need glasses. My brother does also, but i don't.

Gamma732
09-03-2001, 02:24 PM
*sniff sniff* I don't have any unusual academic success stories :( Thanks, tie, if it wasen't for you and your perfectness we wouldn't have gotten onto the subject of smartness! ;) j/k

darthfergie
09-03-2001, 02:56 PM
I was in 7th Grade Tie Guy.
I didn't even know my algebra yet. I even got state recognition in 2 subjects:p (IN 7TH GRADE!!!)(IN THE FIRST MONTH OF 7TH GRADE!!!)

Boba Rhett
09-03-2001, 04:32 PM
Guys guys guys..... can't we just say that were all smartasses.....er I mean smart? :cool: :p I'm sure we all have our own stories of success so why do we need to argue about who's the best?


*starts handing out flowers*

Boba Rhett
09-03-2001, 04:33 PM
Oh btw, I will soon be wearing contacts.

Darth_Rommel
09-03-2001, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by Tie Guy
Anyways, i'm really young for my grade. I just turned 15 and am a sophomore, so ha!!!


Don't you mean a "softmore" :D

TheJackal_jk2
09-03-2001, 04:51 PM
I have contacts. I wanted black contacts (my whole eye would be black). As you can tell I'm that freak you see at school who likes dark stuff. eeeeeeeeeeeeeevvvvvvvviiiiiiiiiiiiiiillll. But dont worry. I'm not the type that wears black nail polish and wear extremly gothic and ugly black cloths for cloaths. I have a style :)

FYI. I have spikey hair, red meshes. and I love shiny stuff (sssssssilver). But dont worry. I'm also not the annoying mean guys at school. My friends are all different and wierd. One is a russian who dreams to change north american into a communist country (he's name Yuri so we allways make jokes about that too). An other is a randy river freak, he were this yellow and orange stuff all the time. my eye hurt. I have one who is also punk like me, but more on the wild side. I have a 7'5 foot friend. He's halarious and very smart. An other who is very preppy but also smart. There is two girls that are a bit punk. 3 girls that are like the clueless type but only 1 of them really is :o

Anyways. I dont know why you'd care to read all of this. I'm rambling. I just came back from the boonies (you know, way past the city limits, where we can tip cows and do a lot of illegal stuff without cops around for 1 km).


yeah. I'll stop now. I have a feeling most of you will change thier opinion about me :D

darthfergie
09-03-2001, 05:23 PM
No my opinion hasn't changed...You still scare me.:D

JEDI_MASTA
09-03-2001, 05:28 PM
i wear glasses and im smarterer than all of u;)

TheJackal_jk2
09-03-2001, 05:35 PM
touché