PDA

View Full Version : Jerec's Ship

Markenobi
07-21-2000, 01:08 PM
What, exactly, was Jerec's ship? I have heard a suggestion that it was a "modified Star Destroyer".
Does anybody know what class of ship it was? I couldn't get a good screenshot of it.
Are there any screenshots of it out there?

------------------
Feel free to visit my Fan Site:
http://fan.starwars.com/MarkenobisSite/HomeScreen.html

Kurgan
07-21-2000, 05:11 PM
At least from the cutscenes, it looks like a Super Star Destroyer... that would be my guess. Not sure if it says anything specific in the books (I read them but it was awhile back).

Kurgan

BeastMaster
07-21-2000, 05:55 PM
It's not a Super Star Destroyer. The Vengeance is a (AFAIK) unique ship with about the length of an SSD, but not as much mass (rather than having a diamond-shaped cross-section, the Vengeance is basically just an "upper hull")

I think some confusion stems from the fact that Jerec, during the Empire, commanded an Impstar also called the Vengeance. He apparently named the new ship after his old Star Destroyer.

I can extrapolate from the design that the (newer) Vengeance came from KDY, and may have started life as a Super Star Destroyer design that was modified during construction. After Endor, it wouldn't have been too hard for Jerec to step in and assume control over a starship design, changeing the plans to get the ship out quicker.

------------------
"The Beasts know much that we do not." -Ancient Jedi proverb

Markenobi
07-21-2000, 07:19 PM
I thought that the Vengeance looked too long to be a SSD in the cutscene, but oh well, I guess I was wrong.
I assume that Jerec's taking control of its construction also explains other features, such as:
1. It looks like the Vengance has wings back by its engines.
2. The bridge is sort of a box shape rather than being the "classic" SD bridge shape.

You said you think that KDY built it, right? Did KDY build all of the SDs?
P.S. Yes, I know what KDY stands for (from The Mandalorian Armor, to be exact).

------------------
Feel free to visit my Fan Site:
http://fan.starwars.com/MarkenobisSite/HomeScreen.html

Dragon
07-25-2000, 04:11 AM
I think that the Empire once had other shipyards around the galaxy. They had the Sluis Van shipyards at one time.

------------------
<-Dragon->

"Strong in the force am I, but not that strong!" - Yoda

BeastMaster
07-25-2000, 03:20 PM
KDY (Kuat Drive Yards), as a corporation, has the contract for Imperial and Super-class SDs, but the actual construction yards were all over the place.

There were the actual "homeyards" in the Kuat System, but I also recall Sluis Van, the shipyards at Fondor, and even small military stations turning out SDs from time-to-time.

And don't forget the Yevethan Shipyards.

------------------

Jedi Kenobi
07-25-2000, 08:49 PM
I thought it was the fabled "Eclipse" class Star Destroyer. You can even download a patch for Xwing Alliance with the ESD... I might be wrong (wouldn't surprise me), but I might be right.

BeastMaster
07-26-2000, 05:14 PM
The ESD and ESD-II are completely different ships, each over five times the mass of an SSD.

------------------