PDA

View Full Version : Ifeel Mouse ..

QuietSith
06-13-2002, 06:54 AM
So I played some JK 2 SP with the Logitech Ifeel mouse.

Wow - really has a great effect, you can feel everything and it doesn't get in the way of your aim whatsoever.

It really makes the game more immersive.

I had the same result playing Tribes 2 as well.

I read that SOF 2 support it as well, so that's worth checking out.

You can get one from Logitech or Amazon.

I also noticed the mouse is about 5 - 10 times more accurate than my Microsoft optical mouse - not sure why that is, but it makes a big difference in gameplay - Logitech is win.

I highly recommend this mouse. :)

adrian832
06-13-2002, 06:56 AM
How much does it cost? Can I bye it from...say Target?

???
:clone:

Sutek
06-13-2002, 07:06 AM
Is it optical or a mouse with balls?

I've gone off mice with balls, they keep getting covered in gack and taste funny :> (Seriously...my mice with a ball stick so often with me it's not funny anymore - I just love my optical mouse, I only miss because I'm crap now, not becasue my mouse didn't want to left and up, just up)

QuietSith
06-13-2002, 07:07 AM
I don't see it listed for Target ...

Here's some places:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00005ASFK/qid=1023959623/sr=8-1/ref=sr_8_1/002-5420271-7516823

http://www.thinkgeek.com/stuff/computing-gaming/31e3.shtml

http://www.logitech.com/cf/products/productoverview.cfm/98

About the same price as a regular optical mouse -+ $10.00.

It's super accurate.. I was able to control my saber and spinfusor (Tribes 2) way better.. vehicle control is better too. :)

QuietSith
06-13-2002, 07:08 AM
Originally posted by Sutek
Is it optical or a mouse with balls?

I've gone off mice with balls, they keep getting covered in gack and taste funny :> (Seriously...my mice with a ball stick so often with me it's not funny anymore - I just love my optical mouse, I only miss because I'm crap now, not becasue my mouse didn't want to left and up, just up)

It's optical, and super accurate.

Hooks to your USB port but I think you can hook it to PS/2 - though USB refreshes much faster.

Sutek
06-13-2002, 07:11 AM
I'll have to get one when I kill this mouse then...

Does the refresh rate make much of a difference? I've wondered about it ever since hearing it, but have been too lazy to take the PS/2 connector off my mine and plug it into the USB port :>

I thought it was nothing more than a "feel good" thing (As, you know the mouse refreshes faster, so you think you are aiming better, and do)

adrian832
06-13-2002, 07:14 AM
So...do you mean that when some action happens...the mouse vibrates like the controllers vibrate on some consoles?

:clone:

QuietSith
06-13-2002, 08:05 AM
Yah sorta .. and it goes with the action.. so you can feel getting hit, or feel terrain, or feel saber hum and clashes, or feel explosions - and in Tribes 2 you feel the jetpack, and spinfusor and vehicles as you accelerate, etc. It vibrates with varying degrees and adds a lot to the immersion - it can even give thuds and kicks and stuff.. but doesn't hurt aim.

It works very well in my opinion.

QuietSith
06-13-2002, 08:07 AM
Originally posted by Sutek
I'll have to get one when I kill this mouse then...

Does the refresh rate make much of a difference? I've wondered about it ever since hearing it, but have been too lazy to take the PS/2 connector off my mine and plug it into the USB port :>

I thought it was nothing more than a "feel good" thing (As, you know the mouse refreshes faster, so you think you are aiming better, and do)

USB is way faster - it allows smoother mouse and it can keep up with the FPS better - it does make it more precise.

Sutek
06-13-2002, 08:29 AM
Well I'll give it a go then. It's just been a habit to avoid using USB ports in case something "worthwhile" came along :>

QuietSith
06-13-2002, 08:40 AM
You can always get a self-powered USB hub that extends the amount of ports. I bought a 4 port for about $30/40.

Self powered is best because it can run more devices - hooks to a power adaptor.