PDA

View Full Version : WIP: Duel Frogger

Pages : [1] 2

DividedByZero
06-14-2002, 09:00 PM
Thanks to RelFlexive for giving me the idea for the name (the idea is mine).

This map will be a duel map on a street in bespin. Besides having to keep tabs on your tricky enemy, you'll have to watch out for speeding cars (er.. speeders) or you'll get moved down :).

So far I have two streets, seperated by a median (gotta be some semi-safe place to fight). On either side of the street I'm building structures (appartments mostly, maybe a streetside cafe later) that will be semi accessible (the porches are nice).

If you know how to get a func_train to display a model, please post here! That's the current struggle.

Please have a look and tell me what you think!

http://home.attbi.com/~chester394/wsb/html/view.cgi-home.html-.html

These pics are a few days old, I'll update soon. I've added some more porches and touched up the sky bridge.

RelFexive
06-14-2002, 09:21 PM
Hey! A naming credit!

Just get the name right, eh? Or I'll set the PKs on ya!

"Don't move, or I'll fill ya fulla.... little yellow bolts of light...."

DividedByZero
06-14-2002, 09:41 PM
Sorry! Lol, RelFexive.

Grets Sirob
06-14-2002, 09:47 PM
LOL!
Hahaha! I cannot wait to download this map.
Hehe, it'll be so fun!

:jawa Oo-oo Ootini!

DividedByZero
06-14-2002, 09:51 PM
Updated a pic (it's just one, but you can see the whole map pretty much).

I'm fooling around w/ the train function. Right now i just have a block flying around (it actually killed me when i was trying to take photos :)). It's just high enought so you can duck under it (yay!) but if you're standing it will hit you and shove you in front of it.

It's funny how mistakes end up being blessings in disguise. On one end of the map I hadn't put a dark brush in the tunnel so you could just see the sky. It's to nice like that though, that I'll just convert one end to be like an area where ships from the atmosphere come in for a landing in the city. That way you'll be able to see the ships coming (at least the landing ones :)). The ones taking off will emerge from the dark tunnel at the other end and then fly down the street and take off.

Master Shawn
06-14-2002, 09:56 PM
Hmm, I really need to know how to make models be on func-trains too for my Imperial Refueling Station 3.0, its a MUST for me.

Grets Sirob
06-14-2002, 09:56 PM
Oh man this is going to be awsome! Lol! What a great idea.
Man, do a good job, but please hurry it along(not too fat, we all want a good map)

this is going to be great! I can just imagine myself pushing(or getting pushed:D) someone into the traffic, hehe.

Oh, and if you can't figure out models, you could make a bunch of prefab car things. Maybe I could make some for you too. You want me too? Please say yes!

DividedByZero
06-14-2002, 09:59 PM
Shawn: You'll let me know if you find out right! I really need to know too. I mean, I've found the part in the entity menu where I can select a model, and I have, but I don't see it!

Grets: I'm glad you like the idea. After I make this, perhaps I'll make a larger ffa map with a few city blocks (more traffic etc). If I knew how to make the model work w/ the train, then I'd be done in like a week! Arg, must find out how to do it!

DividedByZero
06-14-2002, 10:00 PM
And yes if you'd like to make some prefabs that'd be great (can always do models in 2.0 or somthing). I'd put your name on it for sure (credit for the prefabs). Just make sure they're star wars-ish.

Grets Sirob
06-14-2002, 10:19 PM
O-kay! I'll fire up GTK right now!

Don't worry, I won't let you down, and yes, they will be star warsish(I'm not stupid:D)

Master Shawn
06-14-2002, 10:31 PM
Hey Grets, could you make a Tie Fighter prefab while your at it, if I cant get the models to work ill need one for sure.

DividedByZero
06-14-2002, 10:36 PM
Lol, a new TIE prefab? Sounds like a lot of work. How are you trying to add the models?

Right click on the 2d window, then select misc, and models, map objects, nar shadda (or whatever) then select the model. It should appear.

Master Shawn
06-14-2002, 10:38 PM
I know about the model, I have it working in my hangar right now, im talking about the ones for the func_train

DividedByZero
06-14-2002, 10:40 PM
Oh yeah. I forgot, there's a demo map out there w/ a bespin cloud car on a func train. I'll track it down and assimilate its information for us!

Grets Sirob
06-14-2002, 11:05 PM
Shawn: I don't know if I could do a tie prefab. I can try, but only if Divided wants a tie in his map. It does sound like a lot of work, but it could probably be done...

Divided: Do you want a tie in your map?

DividedByZero
06-14-2002, 11:27 PM
I don't think a TIE would fit into the theme. I need speeders (closed cockpit because I don't want empty speeders flying around w/ out pilots) and a few small ships if you feel like it.

VIO
06-14-2002, 11:43 PM
FROGGER ROCKS!! divided by zero don't give up on this like the french room and skate park

-VIO
:speeder:

DividedByZero
06-14-2002, 11:47 PM
I havn't given up on those, I'm just refocused :). Actually, I lost my french room map :( my backup on floppy was corrupt so I mean I really lost it. The skate park idea is just a fun idea in the back of my head (much more achievable now that I know how to do curved things :)) Anyway, trust me when I say I'm going to finish this.

RichDiesal
06-15-2002, 12:11 AM
I'd just like say you have my utmost support in this. This is truly a great idea for a map and hope you can execute your plan faithfully. ;)

DividedByZero
06-15-2002, 12:20 AM
Thanks, that means a lot to me!

Grets Sirob
06-15-2002, 12:25 AM
Well, I started working on a luke-type landspeeder. I couldn't do it though, looked weird. Good thing too, since you don't want an open cockpit speeder. So then I tried an actually speeder, as in, hotrod type thing. It's a closed cockpit, but with windows, I figure it'll be going fast, so unless the players are not fighting and focusing on the speeders, you wouldn't notice. I started using the clipping tool for the first time(thanks for your tut Rich, that got me started on it:D). It was looking pretty good. I tried to find a glass texture(BTW, does anybody know where that is?), that was about the time that GTK gave me some error. I loaded the imperial_detention(or something like that, it was an imperial set) and it gave me some error. Unfortunatly I was stupid and didn't write it down, oh well, maybe I'll get it again. So I don't have anything for you yet, I'll try again tomorow, or maybe even tonight, k?

VIO
06-15-2002, 12:40 AM
sry if i sounded rude this is a great idea i want to help, give me anything to do!

Omikron
06-15-2002, 02:32 AM
DBZ!
Hey, great map, I like it, looks nice.

PS:BTW, i was NightHawkMaster at the SWG RP boards, but I lost my pass and can't get it back so I don't rp there anymore.:mad:

Epimetheus
06-15-2002, 03:54 AM
Now if you just add the music from the Frogger arcade... that would be pretty darn funny. Ooh, and have the death sound play when someone gets hit...

Grets Sirob
06-15-2002, 03:59 AM
Lol! That'd be great! This map is going to be so fun...

I'll see if I can get ya some prefabs tomorrow, k?

DividedByZero
06-15-2002, 04:01 AM
VIO, perhaps you could also make some small vehicle prefabs. If not that, I'm not sure what else you could do, perhaps try and track down the frogger music and sounds like Epimetheus suggested.

Grets: I really appreciate your help, don't rush anything, take your time.

DividedByZero
06-15-2002, 04:13 AM
I just wanted to get in contact w/ the people who wanted to help:

email and MSN: divides_by_zero@hotmail.com
AIM: xXHonestAbeXx

RichDiesal
06-15-2002, 04:21 AM
Suggestion... you could have a TIE occasionally do a really low level fly-by... it might every-so-often tag someone trying to jump over a speeder. :p

DividedByZero
06-15-2002, 04:25 AM
Would there be a TIE doing that in Bespin? I'm not sure (I'm really not, please tell me, do the imps have a presence in Bespin?)

DividedByZero
06-15-2002, 05:45 AM
Added a new pic on the site. Soon I'll have some pics of the reworked buildings on the sides of the street, they have nice curved roofs now. On one of the penthouse appartments, there's a roof/deck w/ a small pool!

DividedByZero
06-16-2002, 08:35 AM
Well that blows that the last couple of posts were lost in teh server switch, but oh well.

I just updated the site: http://home.attbi.com/~chester394/wsb/html/view.cgi-home.html-.html

took down old pics and put up new ones.

VIO
06-16-2002, 09:22 AM
your oging to need to make the car loop so you'll need dark tunnels on both sides so you don't see the cars looping back aorund to the otherside of the road

-VIO
:speeder:

pud1
06-16-2002, 10:34 AM
hehe very cool idea for a map. I'll see what kind of reference pics i can find and music!

DividedByZero
06-16-2002, 10:37 AM
Vio I have an easy solution. Since the ships will be landing a takeing off, I can have they fly out of the sky box and loop around behind it. Trust me it looks fine.

I'm glad you like it pud!

pud1
06-16-2002, 10:44 AM
Hoohah!!

http://www.digitpress.com/dpsoundz/frogger.wav
short but sweet :)

Grets Sirob
06-16-2002, 10:55 AM
I'm sorry divided, but I still haven't got something for you:(.
I still get that error. I think it's a bug or something, I'll try again tomorrow...

DividedByZero
06-16-2002, 12:32 PM
That's fine, I can fine tune and finish everything else. I don't need the prefabs yet, still working on the buildings etc. It's coming along very nicely. Thanks for the .wav pud.

RichDiesal
06-16-2002, 04:48 PM
Pud, I put that .wav on repeat in WinAMP and around the tenth time through, I felt like my head was going to explode.

So in short, don't use that. :p Although it does bring back memories... hehehe.

defalc
06-16-2002, 04:59 PM
Ahem.
USE THAT MUSIC! :D
Or get/make a remix of it that's less repetitive. :p

DividedByZero
06-16-2002, 05:03 PM
Like rich said, it would be very repetitive. Although I will call this map duel_frogger, it won't be a true frogger map till version 2.0, this is just a cool duel map w/ the frogger element in it. I have lotsa great frogger sounds from VIO, so if I do a real frogger map I'll use it.

If anyone wants to REALLY help me, find out how I get a model to display on a func_train. I'll put your name in the "special thanks" list if you do :)

VIO
06-17-2002, 02:09 AM
*GASP* excepting music from him!!!!!!!! i have the orginal music and i was firsdt my name in the reda me not his lol, no but seriuosly i was first
PAGE TWO!!!!

pud1
06-17-2002, 02:58 AM
yah rich i put the wav on repeat and ya i did get sick of it by the 10th time
But i couldn't resist
It might not be a doable sound for the map but it's something hehe :D

DividedByZero
06-17-2002, 03:07 AM
VIO: Your name will be in the "special thanks" credits :)

And about the music in general, if it's in the map at all, it will be a radio that you can turn on and off. That's the least of my problems right now.

VIO: could you post the link to that thing about the func_trains?

Could everyone reading this go check my site, and look at the first picture (the one that you see first) and give me some suggestions on what I can put underneath those roads sticking out to make it look like the whole place isn't just a thin floating block? What I mean is, it looks kinda weird when you're on the edge of the road, looking back at the place. Should I just make a bunch of industrial looking pipes an other things sticking out?

Ok, where is bespin? Is bespin cloud city? Did I just ask a REALLY stupid question?

pud1
06-17-2002, 03:46 AM
yah pretty much, Cloud City is on the planet Bespin
i could be wrong but there practically the same

DividedByZero
06-17-2002, 03:53 AM
Thanks pud. Now I don't feel like a complete moron :). I suppose this will be on the far edge of cloud city in the luxury residential area.

Grets Sirob
06-17-2002, 04:43 AM
Okay, for the road part, I think you should:
A. Make the end sorta slope down, you know what I mean?
B. Yeah, industrial pipes, might be good, might...
C. As to that music, make it on a radio(like you said), but make the radio destroyable, so it can't be turned back on.
My brain isn't moving very fast today, I'll give you more when it comes, lol...

DividedByZero
06-17-2002, 08:16 AM
Great ideas. I also came up w/ great idea. Since ships will be landing and taking off, I'm going to add some bobbing trafic lane booyes (spelling is horribe)

Grets Sirob
06-17-2002, 08:26 AM
*bangs head on wall*
Hehe, you tryin' to make me look stupid?!

Now why didn't I think of that?

:gungan: Mesa stupid!

DividedByZero
06-17-2002, 08:41 AM
How about the road for taking off slopes up, and the one for landing slopes down?

VIO
06-17-2002, 08:42 AM
hey lso make the middle of the road wider so its a little hard to be pushed into traffic otherwis you'll have push pull whores...make the traffic tall enough to duck under....you get my slave I yet

Grets Sirob
06-17-2002, 08:47 AM
Originally posted by DividedByZero
How about the road for taking off slopes up, and the one for landing slopes down?
Ummm, I don't think we're thinking on the same track. I'm thinking of something like this:
road
|
|
_________
\
|
|
slope

See?

And yeah, make the middle wider, I usually don't mind, but that's a little too small even for me.

VIO
06-17-2002, 08:50 AM
i want my next rank sooooo um......o yeah road not to long so you can have fewer cars ie: higher fps,

VIO
06-17-2002, 08:52 AM
O i'll make a working radion since i have the music

Grets Sirob
06-17-2002, 08:53 AM
Shouldn't be that many cars, only a couple. I'd say max two cars on both roads at once(on them, excluding the flying ones.) Got that Divided?

VIO
06-17-2002, 08:59 AM
no more then two there should always be a cra on the road

DividedByZero
06-17-2002, 09:48 AM
I don't understand your "drawing" grets. If anyone wants to work on a prefab I need, do this one:

The bus from ep. 2 that anakin and padme ride on to the refuge ship area. I've already made a bus stop, and I want a bus that will go there, pause for a bit, then take off again.

I'll widden the median a tad (but not much, the sidewalks on either side are pretty big).

DividedByZero
06-17-2002, 10:01 AM
ROAR! Freaking stupid retarded gtk!!!!!!!!! I now know how to get a train to show a model. If I typed in: "model2, pathname" then it would and hit "enter" it would change it to "model" w/ out the "2" so the horribly stupid solution was that I had to HAND TYPE in the path instead of browseing to it before I hit enter!! What a freaking retarded !@$@#%Q$#@!#. Ok, I'm releived now, and this map should be done in a week!!!!!!!!!!!

Grets Sirob
06-17-2002, 10:20 AM
How do you not understand my drawing?
It's quite simple, see?:

____
\
`\

The straight line is the road, and the slanted one is the slant. See, it goes down into the wall, kind of a support type thing. Get it?

Don't mind the ` there, I put it there so the other line would be in the right place.

DividedByZero
06-17-2002, 10:24 AM
Aha! Now I get it, good idea! Perhaps I should make it rounded though?

DividedByZero
06-17-2002, 10:26 AM
Signiture test!

Grets Sirob
06-17-2002, 10:28 AM
Hmmm, good idea, more Bespinish. The straight slant would be more imperialish, Cloud City has more curves.

Oh, and I'm sorry about gtk, I've noticed a few irratating errors too. Oh my, I just realized something, I haven't finished a single prefab yet! I'll get to it someday...(maybe)

DividedByZero
06-17-2002, 01:33 PM
np, and I'm now working on those curved things. I'm also adding more doors to the buildings and a larger garage door.

Epimetheus
06-18-2002, 02:22 AM
Once this is finished, we can have duel_pacman, where Blinky and Inky and

the rest of them running around.

Grets Sirob
06-18-2002, 06:40 AM
How 'bout no?

VIO
06-18-2002, 06:51 AM
im thinking duel opong and after that we should make unrealgolf...minature golf with laser guns!

Grets Sirob
06-18-2002, 06:53 AM
Oh, oh! Good idea! We could consintrate on this map, in this thread!! Eh?! Sound good! You bet!:D

DividedByZero
06-18-2002, 07:13 AM
Yeah, I'm thinking frogger is the most do-able out of all the old school vid games. Anyway, I won't be able to test my map till thursday (finals tommorow and wed). After that though, my release goal will be somtime next week. I'm almost done with all the architechture, and all I have to do next is add the trains (w/ prefab ships) and fix the breakables so metal doesn't break into rock :). It's weird, I told it to break into "chunks" but it still breaks into rocks :(.

pud1
06-18-2002, 07:13 AM
How bout a guantlet obstacle course with turrets and stuff to run through, over, under and have different environments like water and stuff.

trying to get to a certain part of the map, before a turret owns you is deffinitely a exciting thing! :D

DividedByZero
06-18-2002, 09:41 AM
Pud, I'll keep that in mind to be part of my next project (highly secretive :))

Grets Sirob
06-18-2002, 09:44 AM
Highly secretive eh? My next project is highly secretive too. At least I hope so...
A couple people know about it. Do you?

DividedByZero
06-18-2002, 10:08 AM
You told me but I forgot ;). Actually I'm not going to explain it because then I'll get all hyped up and start on it before I'm done w/ frogger, and then VIO would kill me so I'm gonna finish this.

Grets Sirob
06-18-2002, 10:11 AM
Are you saying you actually forgot? Or are you just helping me keep it a secret? I'm guessing you are, cause of the ;).

DividedByZero
06-18-2002, 10:30 AM
Actually both :) (I mean ;)) Now you're really confused. You're not on a need to know basis anyway ;) (I mean :))

Grets Sirob
06-18-2002, 10:35 AM
That's ok, but only on tuesdays and thursdays....

when it's raining...

DividedByZero
06-18-2002, 10:39 AM
Where are you located Grets? I'm in Washington State.

Grets Sirob
06-18-2002, 10:42 AM
Ultania, it's on the continent of Gregecia.;)
On Zecton.The times zones are actually quite simaler though. My time is 2 of your earth hours ahead.;)

pud1
06-18-2002, 10:43 AM
How's frogger comming along?

DividedByZero
06-18-2002, 10:44 AM
I see. Wow, almost to 80 posts, wonder who will get the first post of the next page, not me cause I have to leave soon. I also wonder how many of those 430 views are mine, prolly 30-40 :) Funny/Sad huh? No regrets though, I'm having a blast working on this. I can't wait till thrusday when I can try out my flying model trains :) I just made a buoy prefab too (for the approach lanes). brb later tonight.

Grets Sirob
06-18-2002, 10:46 AM
I'll get GTK up ok? That way I can get some prefabs(for you)!
Should be done by, oh, say, sometime next year?:D:lol:

DividedByZero
06-18-2002, 12:20 PM
Next year? :swear:

DividedByZero
06-18-2002, 12:26 PM
Ha ha! Page 3 is mine! I win!

And so I don't appear to be bumping:
I've almost finished one side of the street, gotta mess w/ the textures to make it perfect, but I added a lot more doors and 2 garage doors to make it more interesting.

Epimetheus
06-19-2002, 02:10 AM
How about duel_dk? Have some giant, disgruntled monkey chucking thermals at you? And then Mario runs through and savagely beats him to death with a hammer.

On second thought, never mind.

DividedByZero
06-19-2002, 04:31 AM
I agree (nevermind) :). I'm sooo close to finishing this!!!

Grets Sirob
06-19-2002, 04:57 AM
I'm sorry. I haven't finished one yet. I feel like an idiot. I checked one out last night though! It didn't work right. I'll try again today. I will get you one though! I promise! Any recent screenshots?

DividedByZero
06-19-2002, 05:01 AM
I've added a lot, but I can't add screens because I have to study for a final test tommorow, but that afternoon, I should be able to update everything, it's come along so far!

Grets Sirob
06-19-2002, 05:06 AM
Hey, adarin just got his outrider prefab up at
www.jedioutcastmaps.com
Go get it, and put it in your map somewhere. You could probably have it flying somewhere overhead. That would be nice. Or if you can't, you could have it on a seperate landing platform.
Waaaiiiit.
I just got a great idea!
You could add a landing platform, make the streets wider, and with more cars on them. Keep the duel_frogger one, but rename the modifacations to it ffa_frogger!
That would be sweet. You could add them to the same pk3, and make it a frogger map pack! You could even have a ctf version!
What do ya think, huh? Sound good?! Please do this! Please?!?!?!:D It would be cool!:cool:

DividedByZero
06-19-2002, 05:09 AM
I'd like to do that (and planned to) but I don't think I'll make it a pack. I'll release them as I make them, and when I've made them all, then I'll do a pack :) And for somereason I cannot dl his prefab, it just takes me back to the site when I click on "click here to dl outrider..." can you mail it to me? divides_by_zero@hotmail.com

Grets Sirob
06-19-2002, 05:20 AM
Done, but I sent you an e-mail, without the prefab. Buy, do I feel stupid! I'll send you another one with the prefab in it, k?

DividedByZero
06-19-2002, 05:26 AM
Sounds good :)

pud1
06-19-2002, 05:28 AM
got any more screens for frogger I'd like to know how your gonna do this fly-by stuff and touch-and-go's

DividedByZero
06-19-2002, 05:34 AM
Like my recent post said, I cannot update till tommorow, you can expect lots of pics then. As to how I'm doing the ships, well I can explain that easily.

On one road, the ships will appear from the tunnel and fly off the map, on the other, they will fly into the map and onto the road (then through the tunnel. I should be able to make one ship go both ways (to minimize the # of ships). I expect to have 6 (maximum).

So far I would like to include:
A Podbot
A Dual Pod
A cloud car (besides the one I have parked on a landing pad)
A YT-1300 (m-falcon) and or YT-2400 (outrider) If I had these they wouldn't be on the road, but flying low.

What I'd really like to have is a bus from ep. 2. The one that padme and anakin ride on. If you make this prefab... I'll be really really really happy, and you'll get your name in my read-me :). (I don't want to waste that bus stop I spent so much time making!)

Grets Sirob
06-19-2002, 05:38 AM
That's the thing that has the two big engines on the back, right?
And the big passenger compartment hangs below, am I right? Hmm, if so, I may make that...

Show me a picture of what you want, and I may be able to work something out...

:there's no bantha smily either, jk2.net.: *bantha call*

pud1
06-19-2002, 05:39 AM
ahh sounds like a cool idea
I'd help but jk2radiant crashes my computer and i've never even successfully opened radiant.
and modeling looks too damn hard! But a coruscant bus would look cool, if its not too big for your roads

DividedByZero
06-19-2002, 06:11 AM
No no no, I'm mean the small thing they ride before they got on that huge refugee ship. The thing I'm talking about is small and grey, shapped like a bread loaf (the cockpit was rounded too and in the far back on top of the bus. A very cool looking ship. It's where Anakin and padme and r2 seperate from obi wan and padme's decoy.

Grets Sirob
06-19-2002, 06:16 AM
Oh, ok. I'll go get a pic or two for reference and see if I can make it for ya. Hey, pud? You like gathering pics, right? Could you find some for me to reference? That would really help. Oh, and where's glass in gtk? I can't seem to find it. I just want the normal clear glass, not the funky spotted glass(know what I'm talking about?)

:no bantha smily either jk2.net: *bantha call*

DividedByZero
06-19-2002, 07:27 AM
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooo

Bad News: Hard Drive Went psycho, had to reformat.
Really really really good news that totaly makes up for the bad news: I was useing caulk like a n00b. I've restarted the map, and in 2 hours I've re made 80% of my map, and made it better. I kid you not, 80%. And the frame rate just sky rocketed because of my now informed and refined use of the caulk texture. Yay! Don't cry! It's a happy day!

Grets Sirob
06-19-2002, 07:31 AM
*gasp*
It broke?!:(
*gasp*
You made better?!:)

AAAAGGGGHHHHH!!!!!
I don't know how to feel!!!
HHHHHEEEEELLLLPPP!!!!!

:freakout::explode:

Ahhh, that's better.

I feel happy now. My map was caulked like a newb also. Except now caulk won't work...

DividedByZero
06-19-2002, 07:35 AM
It won't work? I cannot beleive how stupid I was doing it. Now I feel like a pro :). My map will be much better too, I did completely redo the sky bridge, and I have to say that I like it many times more than the last one. I've made it feel a lot more bespin-ish too.

VIO
06-19-2002, 07:42 AM
caulking is easy just build everything with the caulk texture (or another texture thats a little easier on the eyes, and when done go back and seleclt everything and caulk it) then just texture the faces of the brushes you can see then to be safe auto caulk in radiant!
every go here
http://64.246.44.70/~lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=62658

DividedByZero
06-19-2002, 07:44 AM
Hell, since I made this one a fair bit larger (not a huge amount, but noticeably) perhaps I should just make it an ffa map with good dueling locations?

DividedByZero
06-19-2002, 08:17 AM
100!

Yup, I'm making this ffa because it's better suited for that.

Grets Sirob
06-19-2002, 08:53 AM
Take my suggestion. Add a landing platform for ffa, but keep the small version for duels. And I still need some reference pics, I can't seem to find any. Oh, pu-ud? Mister picfinder? Pleeeeeese?

DividedByZero
06-19-2002, 09:00 AM
I can just make it a multi-game mode map, duel and ffa. Personaly I enjoy ffa games where everyone goes to the memorable and cool places in the map and challenge eachother why everyone else stands around chatting at observeing. They actually are spectateing, instead of flying around like ghosts, much more imersive.

Grets Sirob
06-19-2002, 09:02 AM
Divided, do you have any reference pics? Any at all? I saw the movie, but I can't make the thing on memory alone.

DividedByZero
06-19-2002, 09:03 AM
///EDIT/// I can't find any pics anywhere, although I could most likely make it from memory if I could make a breadloaf shaped brush (which I'm not sure how to do).

Orig post:

Just had an idea, wanted to know what everyone thought. I was thinking in the middle of the sky bridge I'd make a ramp that stuck out at 90 degrees, slopeing up, and then double it back so the end of it was above the center of the bridge again, then I'd made a landing platform there, instead of off to the side somewhere. This would make sense because people who wished to land would land there, then go down the ramp into the sky bridge, and then into whichever building they wanted to go in. It would also be a great high up place to duel.

Grets Sirob
06-19-2002, 09:05 AM
Hey, yeah! That's a great idea! Do it, do it, do it(ok, that sounded slightly wrong...)! And I need reference pics!

DividedByZero
06-19-2002, 09:18 AM
I don't think there are any. You could make an origional? Your own idea of a star wars bus? Any bus that's star wars like would be fine.

Grets Sirob
06-19-2002, 09:28 AM
Okay, whatever. I'll make my own.

DividedByZero
06-19-2002, 09:42 AM
Can I send you a prefab brush that's the size I want the bus to be?

pud1
06-19-2002, 09:57 AM
I'll find a pic of the transport bus

Grets Sirob
06-19-2002, 09:58 AM
Yes you can. In fact, that'd help me alot. That way I don't spend days painstakingly hand-crafting a bus, only to find it's too big! E-mail me here (grets_sirob@attbi.com)

DividedByZero
06-19-2002, 10:15 AM
I can't right now. I will be able to tommorow afternoon, and update all the pics, and work on the map.

Grets Sirob
06-19-2002, 10:19 AM
Okay, cool! I'll be eagerly awaiting the e-mail(or not...)!

pud1
06-19-2002, 02:55 PM
This took me FOREVER to find
but needless to say i have it here in good quality!!!
w00t
Hope this helps

http://media.filmweb.no/materiell/fox/FOX20010476/38.jpg
IT better :D

DividedByZero
06-19-2002, 10:37 PM
Amazing, freaking amazing you found that! Thanks pud! If I can get this as a prefab into my map it would be really great! The only problem I see is working out the front end of that bus, it appears to be curved on 2 axis, how do I/anyone make that? The cockpit on top looks like a bitch too.

VIO
06-19-2002, 11:27 PM
pud your amazing i have been trying to find one with absolutely nothing to show for it its one hard bastard of a pic to find and we don't even have its proper name for searching
also DBZ you never mention my prefab i made or edited/scaled/boba it

Grets Sirob
06-20-2002, 06:32 AM
The front's not much of a problem, it's that cockpit. You could make the shape with a patch mesh, but to have it glass? I don't know, I think I'll make my own, as soon as Divided e-mails me.

:no bantha smily jk2.net: *bantha call*

pud1
06-20-2002, 07:30 AM
hehe you guys are welcome it was very hard to find

I hope someone can make a prefab with that pic :D

DividedByZero
06-20-2002, 08:00 AM
Instead of e-mailing you, if you can hold on, I'll add lights and a skybox, take a bunch of pics, and update my site (hmm, should take 1/2 hour) then you can see for yourself how big the space is in relation to the character P.O.V. and the rest of the level, I've got textures on everything now :) oooooooo purty.

DividedByZero
06-20-2002, 09:07 AM
Update!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pud1
06-20-2002, 09:47 AM
looks great

DividedByZero
06-20-2002, 09:56 AM
Thanks! Desperately trying to learn func_trains right now. What a pain in the arse.

Klorel
06-20-2002, 11:38 AM
nice level. fan-FRICKIN-tastic. by the way, are you using Ep II car models for the cars?? lol. if you do, throw a big mac truck in every once in a while that say "if you can read this, then your too close" on the grill. lol, j/k, but cant wait to play this.

Are you going to include frogger music? that would kick arse!

DividedByZero
06-20-2002, 11:39 AM
Thanks, I got a ship to fly today!!!!!!!! That means I'm really almost done!!!!!!!!!!!! Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Grets Sirob
06-20-2002, 11:47 AM
So is the pad the bus stop? If not, I'd make it bigger...

But that's just me...

:wookiee: Raaarwwaag!

Epimetheus
06-20-2002, 11:57 AM
This is going to be a very interesting map when it's released...

pud1
06-20-2002, 12:21 PM
So who's making the bus transport prefab?
(I put the link here so ya dont have to keep going back to previous page :D)
I'd like to see a screeny of a car or whatever flying in your map!

DividedByZero
06-20-2002, 12:28 PM
No, that's not the bus stop, that's a landing pad, and it's quite big enough. I'll upload a pic of the bus stop later tonight. Right now I'm gonna go get the car flying correctly, then maybe add more than one, and make the glass breakable.

defalc
06-20-2002, 12:59 PM
The 'if you can read this, you're too close' thing is a brilliant idea. :D

DividedByZero
06-20-2002, 01:06 PM
Good idea, only I have no idea or means to make custom textures, can anyone tell me how or make the:

"if you can read this you're too close" texture

DividedByZero
06-20-2002, 01:09 PM
Also, I need a woooshing car noise! The longer and drawn out the better, but anyshould do.

pud1
06-20-2002, 01:45 PM
http://www.sounddogs.com/mp3/A-320_EXT_TAKE_OFF102178.mp3
thats a take off sound

http://www.sounddogs.com/mp3/A-320_Ext_Pass_Overhea102176.mp3
heres a overhead sound

http://www.sounddogs.com/mp3/A-320_Landing_Passes_B102180.mp3
you can edit this one the end of it is a good sound also

use this site is has All you will ever need in plane sounds
http://www.sounddogs.com/subcategories.asp?Type=1&CategoryID=1005
w00t :D

pud1
06-20-2002, 11:40 PM
dangit someone reply and look at my sound finds....
:(

ugh..... BUMP!

kenad
06-21-2002, 02:19 AM
Howsaboot
LearJet sounds like speeder (http://www.sounddogs.com/mp3/LEAR_EXT_PASS_BY102752.mp3)

Cut out the first 13 secs or so...

DividedByZero
06-21-2002, 02:27 AM
Sounds good (ha ha! get it?). I appreciate the help (and please pardon the bad puns). I still have ships flying sideways, but now I have two of them doing it :).

Grets Sirob
06-21-2002, 05:32 AM
Where's the bus stop?

DividedByZero
06-21-2002, 06:06 AM
It's in the mail.

Grets Sirob
06-21-2002, 06:13 AM
Mail?
*checks the mailbox*
There's nothing in there.
Wait, hold on...
*checks e-mail*
There's something in there...

Wait a minute, am I suppose to copy that and make a new .map file? I don't get it...

DividedByZero
06-21-2002, 06:14 AM
It's a prefab. Load the map where you wanna build the bus, then load the prefab w/ the selection menu, then build the bus to fit a little bit smaller than the bus stop.

Grets Sirob
06-21-2002, 06:33 AM
A prefab? And I'm supposed to put this into a .map file? It's just a string of numbers and letters. Like a .map file. Why didn't you just send the .map file?

DividedByZero
06-21-2002, 06:36 AM
Sure, one minute,

Epimetheus
06-21-2002, 10:59 AM
Giddy bump.

DividedByZero
06-21-2002, 02:21 PM
I added a sweet new pic of Kyle's ship the "Raven's Claw" landing on the platform. I died trying to take the first pic because it crushed me :).

inbredyokel
06-21-2002, 05:26 PM
Wow...this is an awsome idea, and it looks like you're doing a great job, too. For your FFA and CTF maps, it would be cool if you could do different locations...perhaps have one be coruscant at night with lots of open skyways reallllly high up and loads of speeders going by. Sure it would be a little work, but if you made it you'd be my hero. You want to be my hero, right? :D

defalc
06-21-2002, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by inbredyokel
Wow...this is an awsome idea, and it looks like you're doing a great job, too. For your FFA and CTF maps, it would be cool if you could do different locations...perhaps have one be coruscant at night with lots of open skyways reallllly high up and loads of speeders going by. Sure it would be a little work, but if you made it you'd be my hero. You want to be my hero, right? :D
Hm...Coruscant...with lots of speeders, like in EpII...sounds very cool...;)

Hm...instead of the Raven's Claw, why not the Milennium Falcon? :p
2 speeders? Woo! :) More, mooore! :D

DividedByZero
06-22-2002, 02:27 AM
The only prob w/ corcuscant is that where would the people stand? Perhaps the vehicles themselves? Now that could be really cool. There would be say a trafic jam, so most everything is slow moveing. Some big ass ships (like the one anakin almost hits) and some smaller speeder lanes.

Anyway, I've changed the claw to a bespin cloud car because the claw was too big, and if that was too big, the falcon would certainly be. If I can figure out how to rotate models on the func_train, I can program multiple func_trains to follow the same track and they could do everything (land, take off, land on the pad, and repeat).

I love my sky bridge, I'm working on makeing most of it breakable now, it should be a really sweet place to duel.

Grets Sirob
06-22-2002, 04:14 AM
A landing ship:eek::D?!
Ssshhhhwwwweeeet!!

SithBrakiss
06-22-2002, 05:31 AM
DUDE!
I'd love to see a map like that..jumping from ship to ship..and have a fast lane for speeders,so you can jump onto em and ride them foward a bit to jump off onto another set of cars.
and maybe have someone make anakins speeder and zam wessels,so they fly over once in a while!
man..otherwise....THIS MAP ROCKS!

RichDiesal
06-22-2002, 05:36 AM
Bleh, but that wouldn't be frogger, now would it? :p

Plus I wanted to try that. ;)

In fact, I wanted to make a SP level like the train in the original SoF...hehe

pud1
06-22-2002, 05:38 AM
Any updates dbz ?
hows the flying cars landing and taking off in the lanes?

DividedByZero
06-22-2002, 06:37 AM
Still trying to get them flying the direction I want, none of the sugestions people are giveing me seem to work :(.

VIO
06-22-2002, 06:49 AM
well wat wrong send me a map with the train in it and i'll se if i can fix it, ooo know the models won't turn on a train the model that is won't turn when the train gos around the corner it will just travel that direction...it will go forwarad and when the path turns left the model will just side left

defalc
06-22-2002, 01:07 PM
The only prob w/ corcuscant is that where would the people stand? Perhaps the vehicles themselves? Now that could be really cool. There would be say a trafic jam, so most everything is slow moveing. Some big ass ships (like the one anakin almost hits) and some smaller speeder lanes.

Anyway, I've changed the claw to a bespin cloud car because the claw was too big, and if that was too big, the falcon would certainly be. If I can figure out how to rotate models on the func_train, I can program multiple func_trains to follow the same track and they could do everything (land, take off, land on the pad, and repeat).

I love my sky bridge, I'm working on makeing most of it breakable now, it should be a really sweet place to duel.
Sounds awesome. :D
Hm, yeeess, that Coruscant idea DOES sounds really cool...your next project? ;)
Mebbie you, Rich? ;)

Manquesa
06-22-2002, 01:13 PM
oh man, I actually have a coruscant map like that in mind for one of my next projects. Oh well, I may never get to it anyway, so go for it.

DividedByZero
06-22-2002, 01:52 PM
How about a team effort?

Manquesa
06-22-2002, 02:07 PM
hmmmmm

ask again later

Grets Sirob
06-22-2002, 02:38 PM
*faints from lack of frogger map*

DividedByZero
06-22-2002, 02:55 PM
I'm trying!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ships still flying sideways.

Grets Sirob
06-22-2002, 02:58 PM
I'll get that bus to ya sooner or later(probably later)
I have to finish H2O Octarena first.

DividedByZero
06-22-2002, 03:01 PM
How's it comeing?

pud1
06-22-2002, 03:04 PM
buncha lazy mappers in these forums /me nudges grets
But didn't dbz ask for the model of the bus before you started the aquaball map?
hrmmmmmmmm

anyway maybe you can ask rich for the solution to the sideways flying ships dbz

DividedByZero
06-23-2002, 02:48 AM
Woohoo! Page 5, now all I need is those little stars, all you guys voted to give this thread a 5 star rateing right?? :)

Actually Pud, I'm talking w/ him right now in my other thread, everyone is trying to help me figure it out.

pud1
06-23-2002, 02:56 AM
okie good

Grets Sirob
06-23-2002, 04:40 AM
I'll work on the model today, ok Divided?

DividedByZero
06-23-2002, 07:47 AM
Grets, prefab right? Not a .md3! X-Com tells me in order to get the models to fly the way I want them to in mp, i have to make new models (ie: take the old model in milk-shape, then rotate and save under a new name) what a bitch huh? Now when I release my map, I have to have people download or overwrite their old models.

RichDiesal
06-23-2002, 02:06 PM
Don't override the stock models, or everything will get screwed up in Raven's SP (and anyone else who uses the stock models in their maps). :)

Just give em new names.

Klorel
06-23-2002, 11:59 PM
lol. couldnt you just rotate the level 90 degrees for the ships to face correctly? just a thought. that way you wouldnt overwright anyones files. otherwise, just ask some preffabbers to make new prefab ships and rotate them how you want them. strange that they dont rotate though. good work. 5 stars.

-COOOOOOL i'm a battle droid! this was the post that made it happen. it was also my first time at giving "stars". this is a post that will live in infamy -until you release your level and it goes out like an old guy after a lot of hot.... nevermind.

VIO
06-24-2002, 12:27 AM
som uch for realeaseing this weekend...well thats how it gos, i'll make a radio

DividedByZero
06-24-2002, 12:42 AM
Yeah Rich, I reached the same conclusion. It won't be that much more to download so it's not a big deal.

I cannot rotate the level because I have ships at 3 different angles!

VIO: Yeah, I'm overtime, but I think It'll be worth it, right now I've gotta work my ass off to get it done before I leave friday, if not, then you'll have to wait a whole nother week (the friday after I leave).

DividedByZero
06-24-2002, 08:48 AM
5 Stars!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks!!! I'll work feverishly to finish!

pud1
06-24-2002, 09:18 AM
how is it going??

Any updates, pics, turnouts on flying cars?????

Darth Knight
06-24-2002, 09:31 AM
man that maps sounds so cool

DividedByZero
06-24-2002, 10:24 AM
I'm fiddleing w/ the models, learning the basics, I'm almost done.

DividedByZero
06-24-2002, 12:41 PM
I'm hopeing that I can get the map to beta stage before I go to Alaska for a week, and then finish the map as soon as I get back, the beta testers will have to week to test it, pretty convient huh?

Speaking of testers, I assume this is the list, but speak up if I forgot yout.

VIO
Grets
Pud

And I suppose I'll send it to X-Com and Rich if they want to check it out.

Well, I'm off to fire up Milk Shape and rotate some models. Stupid guess and check BS. I'll have to make like "cloudcar_east" "cloudcar_west" etc until I figure out which one is the correct one.

Grets Sirob
06-24-2002, 01:28 PM
Guess what?!
I finally started on that bus!
Amazing huh?!
Anyway, I haven't gotten far, but I started.
Got the shape, just need to texture it and make the interior.

DividedByZero
06-24-2002, 02:12 PM
Great! I still can't beleive pud found a pic of it!

Grets Sirob
06-24-2002, 02:16 PM
Er, dbz? I'm sorry to disappoint you but...

I'm not making that!:(
I'm so sorry!:(
Will you ever forgive me?!?!:(

Anyway, I'm making something else, I don't think I could make that.

It's an original design.

:dangit jk2.net, make smilies for the ranks!: Grrarroooaaar!!!

Spiderfan1311
06-24-2002, 03:38 PM
Hey dividedbyzero, do you think you can swing a copy of that beta over to jedioutcastmaps.com so they can put up beta shots for us to see? By the way great maps looks awesome so far!

DividedByZero
06-24-2002, 03:55 PM
Do they take the pics? I will once it IS a beta map.

pud1
06-24-2002, 05:23 PM
NOT MAKING THE BUS!!!!????!?!?!

ahhhhhh
*falls over*

if only i knew how to make that bus for you :(

/me goes looking for good prefab makers.... hrmm..... /me glares at vio :D

VIO
06-24-2002, 10:50 PM
o i'll make the damn bus its just a giant patch mesh

pud1
06-25-2002, 02:09 AM
YAY vio thanks
heres a pic to help
thnx

DividedByZero
06-25-2002, 02:51 AM
Thanks VIO and Pud!

Grets: No biggie, since VIO is makeing the bus, perhaps you could make a speeder for me.

I appreciate all the help guys!

PS: Does anyone know? If I send my beta map to jedioutcasemaps.com do they check it out and take pics, or do i have to send them pics?

Wes Marrakesh
06-25-2002, 03:11 AM
umm... i believe they take the pics themselves when you send a copy of the map
I sent pics to sergio on my MoC level and he replied saying they wanted the map instead.
Can i beta test it?:hopefull:

DividedByZero
06-25-2002, 03:24 AM
I don't see why not. It's not like it's super exclusive or some such BS like that.

Today I'm going to make the new models I need, and then finish all the train paths. After I do that I can tweak their speed and figure out how to make them do damage on contact.

Wes Marrakesh
06-25-2002, 04:12 AM
wow thanks

DividedByZero
06-25-2002, 04:49 AM
NP, it should be fun to test. I don't think the beta will have bot support (time constraints :() I'm really gonna strive to get the beta out before friday.

VIO
06-25-2002, 05:00 AM
AARG the bus is evil incarnate

pud1
06-25-2002, 05:51 AM
yes it is

If ya need any help knowing where the front or back is, or anything else just ask me

I'm TRYING to find a pic of the back of the bus for you
it will be hard but i will find it

Grets Sirob
06-25-2002, 06:20 AM
*sigh*
DBZ, I said I'd make a bus for you. I'm making one, ok?
Just not that one, I beleive that would be impossible. So I'm making a different one. My own design. OK?

DividedByZero
06-25-2002, 07:39 AM
Hmm... two busses... Maybe I should add a bus stop to the other side of the street...

pud1
06-25-2002, 07:43 AM
How's it coming VIO? i couldnt find the back of the bus pic sorry
instead of maybe using glass throughout the bus just leave it open so it looks like glass and you really dont needto put much detail on the interior

Grets Sirob
06-25-2002, 07:48 AM
Hmm... two busses... Maybe I should add a bus stop to the other side of the street...
Or you could have them stop in at different times. It takes time for them to get to different destinations. So you could have one say, "Mining outpost" and one say, "That one city place", or something like that. Have them goto different places, you know?

VIO
06-25-2002, 10:15 AM
well i got the shape of the bus cept someones going to need to make a texture for it i can't make windows the meshes won't allow that so black windows can be draw in on teh texture.. i am making that large glass bubbleo n the back though

pud1
06-25-2002, 10:23 AM
sounds good vio thnx

Spiderfan1311
06-25-2002, 05:11 PM
Yes DividedByZero, all you have to do is send jedioutcastmaps a copy of a beta and they'll do the shots for you

pud1
06-26-2002, 04:47 AM
how close are ya to beta stages dbz?
This map is gonna be great, need more input! :D

VIO
06-26-2002, 04:50 AM
well the bus shell is done i can't make texture though so someone else needs to...or at least find me a good quality sliver metal texture, like the kind the bus is colored and i'll edit it

pud1
06-26-2002, 04:55 AM
hrmmm I'll be looking
btw thnx a ton VIO

VIO
06-26-2002, 04:57 AM
i couldn't bear not making the bus after you spent hours looking for a pic LOL:band: :biggs: :bdroid2: :amidala: :jawa :fett: :ewok: :evanpiel: :bdroid2: :

Darth Knight
06-26-2002, 05:13 AM
this map is going to be very pimp!

pud1
06-26-2002, 05:28 AM
hehehe

maybe something like this will work for the texture of the bus
http://www.grsites.com/cgi-bin/tile.cgi?server=216.40.197.199&dir=metal&fn=metal029&ext=jpg
It'll be flying and stuff so it doesnt need to be Exactly like the real thing
If not maybe you find something that i missed, heres a good site showing alot of textures http://www.grsites.com/textures/
I can conjeur up some grey metal smooth texture in photoshop if ya need.

DividedByZero
06-26-2002, 05:41 AM
Thanks for all your help guys, I just posted in the modeling forum asking for help. I tried to follow a tutorial that VIO gave me but I failed miserably, so I'm trying to delegate it. We can get to beta faster that way :).

DividedByZero
06-26-2002, 05:54 AM
The almighty Sniper Wolf from the modeling forum is going to help me!!!!!!!!!!!! We're saved!!!!!!!!!!!! Beta beta beta beta beta soon soon soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

pud1
06-26-2002, 05:54 AM
Ok i made this VIO i dont know if you can use it or how textures work but here it is

http://karnij.homestead.com/files/airbustexture1.jpg
tell me if thats what you need or if you need it in bmp or whatever

pud1
06-26-2002, 05:58 AM
i made this one too
http://karnij.homestead.com/files/airbustexture2.jpg

How's the map going dbz?

Grets Sirob
06-26-2002, 07:12 AM
Yay! The map is saved!

Uh, how was it saved, and what was wrong with it in the first place?

Oh, and do you still have sparkalies?

I hope not. If you do, I feel your pain, I really do.
Because...

MY MAP HAS SPARKALIES!!!!!!!!
AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:trooper: Hey, you there!

pud1
06-26-2002, 07:18 AM
ugh.....yah ok
VIO did you look at the texture images and how is the bus coming? ;)

VIO
06-26-2002, 07:19 AM
good i got a texture thx im trying to figure out how to put windows in the bus

DividedByZero
06-26-2002, 08:20 AM
Yes, it has sparklies, but then so does the stock maps like ffa_bespinstreets mine are unavoidable. It's pretty minor though.

pud1
06-26-2002, 11:02 AM
window in the bus...window in the bus...hrmmmm
i dunno, cant you just leave them empty so it looks like glass or something?
Anyone else know?:confused:

VIO
06-26-2002, 11:24 AM
its not that...i made the bus out of a large mesh with no holes in it for windows...to hard:( so mayebe i should add windows and just have the glass buble on the back, i really sort of need to finish this cuz its really not my first priority just making it fast for the level

VIO
06-26-2002, 11:25 AM
BTW DBZ sparckles a fromed by two texture brushes siting next to eaach other, the solution CAULK caulk the sides of your brushes and only texture the face that ppl can see, also radiant shows sparckles i nthe camera window that won't show up in game:fett:

pud1
06-26-2002, 11:35 AM
yah just add windows if ya can, I know you have alot of projects your working on and i thank ya for making a cool bus for me(err dbz) and just do what ya can.
Your help and work IS apreciated! :D

and if the bus looks cool i give you big lollypop! :p

Manquesa
06-26-2002, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by VIO
its not that...i made the bus out of a large mesh with no holes in it for windows...to hard:( so mayebe i should add windows and just have the glass buble on the back, i really sort of need to finish this cuz its really not my first priority just making it fast for the level

The best way to get the window would be to build around them which would mean for much trickier patch mesh work instead of one large mesh, but it'll look better. then you could put the glass windows in there. And of course if you can see inside then you'll want to make the seats and everything too. It'd be cool if the doors could open and you could go inside as well.
Oh sorry, you're trying to make this quick aren't you.

DividedByZero
06-26-2002, 12:27 PM
VIO, why don't you take your time and make a prefab to be proud of. No pressure time wise, if it doesn't make it to beta (your bus) no problem, we can add it for the final.

pud1
06-26-2002, 12:29 PM
dbz did that guy rotate ur models?
just wonderin' if ya got em' flying straing and in the direction ya want
Any other updates?

DividedByZero
06-26-2002, 12:41 PM
I wanted him to rotate about 5 models, which takes some time, he said he'd be done by tommorow. I'll keep you guys posted (ha ha get it! posted)

pud1
06-26-2002, 12:46 PM
what models did ya give him and do u have any more pics?

DividedByZero
06-26-2002, 12:50 PM
I told him to rotate the cloud car, and all the ship models from nar shadda. I'll hold off on new pics until I have some ships to show you.

pud1
06-26-2002, 12:52 PM
okie dokie i've got nuthin else to do then :)

_MoDeMbOy_
06-26-2002, 04:48 PM
This mapp will be fun!*pull* ...SPLATTT! by an oncoming ship.LOL:D

DividedByZero
06-27-2002, 01:57 AM
That's what I'm hopeing for! I don't want the car kills to be too easy though, the ships will do about 50 damage I'm thinking:

Beat em down w/ your saber for a bit, then finish em off w/ a car or get them early w/ a car then finish em off w/ the saber. Either way, I don't want being hit by a car to be an insta kill. Maybe some of the cars should do more damage? What do you think?

Grets Sirob
06-27-2002, 02:36 AM
Small car + idiot going into road = Not too much damage(key word there, too much)
Large car + idiot going into road = Lots of damage
Bus + idiot going into road = Instant death

See?

DividedByZero
06-27-2002, 03:19 AM
Sounds perfect, but I need numbers here.

Bus = 200
Large Ship = 75
Small Ship = 50

How's that?

Grets Sirob
06-27-2002, 03:22 AM
Sounds great!:thumbsup:

pud1
06-27-2002, 03:30 AM
ya that works
Where will the buses be flying around?
Will it be the same streets or their own pattern so to speak?
Also update us when you get your new rotated models then see if they work right and then post a pic of car flying(i gotta see it!) :)

pud1
06-27-2002, 06:01 AM
*bumpety*

:ewok: yabba yabba weeeeee

pud1
06-28-2002, 02:10 AM
Beuller.......Beuller.........Beuller :confused:

Grets Sirob
06-28-2002, 05:23 AM
Originally posted by pud1
Beuller.......Beuller.........Beuller :confused:
Umm, would you pleas explain your reasons for typing in that non-sense...

I don't get it...

pud1
06-28-2002, 06:07 AM
you wouldn't understand
Go see "Ferris Beuller's Day Off"

DividedByZero
06-28-2002, 06:10 AM
Sorry guys, internet was down :(. My modeler helper hasn't finished makeing all my new models :(, but I don't blame him because it's freaking hard. I'm sorry guys, but it doesn't look like I'll meet my beta deadline of tommorow. I'm takeing the map w/ me on my dad's laptop for our vacation, and I promise I will make everything perfect. All I'll have to do is attack the models then the map will be DONE. I'm sorry about it, but there's nothing I can do to change that.

I understand what pud said, it's a reference to a movie, a funny one at that.

pud1
06-28-2002, 06:13 AM
Not gonna make beta awwwwwwwwwww craaaaaaap
I was looking forward to it :(
*wimper*wimper*:(

DividedByZero
06-28-2002, 07:09 AM
So was I, but my helper guy is busy with a school. He offered to finish them tonight, but I didn't want anything to be a rush job (and I didn't wanna rush to implement them today). So, a week from now, I will return, collect my new models, and finish this KICK ASS MAP.

PS: Plus this gives you prefabers (vio and grets) another week to finish, or start? :) your busses.)

Grets Sirob
06-28-2002, 08:17 AM
*sniff*
Not going to be done for awhile...
*sniff*
*sigh*
Oh well, at least I can finish my prefab...
*starts crying for this map*

:sithm: You will die, painfully.

DividedByZero
06-28-2002, 10:44 AM
I'll be thinking of you guys while I'm sun bathing next to beautifull women on the deck of a huge boat.... or not ;).

DividedByZero
06-29-2002, 12:11 AM
Well folks, I'm off, you people do you jobs while I'm gone!

VIO and Grets, I want my buses if you want my map!
Pud1, keep it bumped :)
All of you, keep your fingers crossed that that guy makes the models he prommised to make!

asta la mamma!

-DividedByZero

pud1
06-29-2002, 07:12 AM
ya *bump*ing i can do
waiting another week till this map gets finished i dunno

hrmmm well what should we do now that he's on vacation?

How about VIO and Grets, you can show me how close ya'll are with the busses ;)

Klorel
06-29-2002, 11:58 AM
yeah, post some preview pics, this threads hangin' by a.... thread now that he's on vacation. i need to see something, anything, hell, you could post the pictures of the bus your making whatever, anything, i'm game. lets just not spam this with random nothingness, this is frogger, and thats how its gonna be. I wonder if he's going to use the frogger music in this level. that would be great.

pud1
06-29-2002, 02:03 PM
I think he is gonna have some sort of frogger music
, someone suggested having a lil radio that broadcasts the song over and over in the map and you can destroy it(if thats possible)

As for the map here's the link of pics and other probably un-updated info on it http://home.attbi.com/~chester394/wsb/html/view.cgi-home.html-.html

Now VIO and Grets needs to drop in this thread and show us their nifty busses!!!!

pud1
06-30-2002, 06:32 AM
Ah see now your gonna make me *bump* it again :(

pud1
07-01-2002, 03:27 AM
dangit ppl start talking in here!!!!!

SithBrakiss
07-02-2002, 04:54 AM
Sorry to do this....but *Bump* get us a update soon,be4fore this goes the way of thi pit of carkoon.

pud1
07-02-2002, 07:59 AM
hes on vacation for a week but he's working on it on labtop

c'mon vio and grets meesa needin some updates!

Grets Sirob
07-02-2002, 08:06 AM
Grrr, can't.... break.... away........ from........ grip of......... hydroball maaaapp........
Heeeellp... me.........

:joreth: May the force be with you.

pud1
07-02-2002, 08:28 AM
/me grabs gret's arm and pulls him into this thread and chains him to his bus model!

Grets Sirob
07-03-2002, 04:44 AM
That should help, I'll try to work on it today....

:emperor: I shall rule the galaxy.

VIO
07-03-2002, 09:00 AM
sry ive been away

Monk Nugget
07-03-2002, 01:07 PM
Hey, i know this doesn't have anything to do with this post but, i have a question. How come in MP when I use a custom map the bots just jump around like idiots? Someone please help me. It is pissing me off!

VIO
07-04-2002, 12:33 AM
it mean the map creator didn't add bot support in there map not your fault and theres really nothing you can do about it