PDA

View Full Version : Cheshire's Maul to Reborn SP mod

peloquin
06-17-2002, 04:21 PM
Hey all, Cheshire sent me the single player reborn to maul mod to finish off the sounds for in-game and ship it off, unfortunately I encountered a problem with the maul model showing up in-game for all the reborns and I've had to change the pk3 file to get it to work. My problem now is I cannot contact Cheshire until he wakes up and I don't feel I should ship the mod off to jk2.net and the other places until I've talked to him about the changes I've made.

What I can do though, for anyone who REALLY wants it now, is E-mail it to you. I'm sure Cheshire wouldn't mind since the model has been released anyone who knows how to could make this mod. Maybe someone would like to put up a temp host just for the people who read this forum?

It's actually quite a good SP mod :) all the reborn sounds have been changed to maul sounds and maul uses his own saber hilt.

So, anyone like to put up a temp host just leave your e-mail and I'll send it to you. Other than that I'm sure it will be sent to jk2.net tomorrow sometime.

cheers all

Mr.EFF
06-17-2002, 04:41 PM
Well I generally play The Ladder (SP) more often than MP... So I would really like to try out the model ASAP! :D

Also... I have a domain name at www.vhm-design.com (web/graphic design) and I can temporarily host the SP file if you want...

Oh yeah, my email addy is Alex@vhm-design.com

peloquin
06-17-2002, 05:21 PM
cool man I'll send it to ya in a sec.

make sure and let everyone know how cool it is once you try it :)

Mr.EFF
06-17-2002, 05:22 PM
Niiiiiiiice... I can't wait.

Which reborn does this replace if ya don't mind me asking?

Oh yeah, and... I was thinking about putting a public password in the directory I upload it to... and then posting the username and PW so only people in this forum will be able to access it... tell me what you think.

-Mr.EFF

Sinister1
06-17-2002, 05:24 PM
He did a fantastic job with the MP model, i can't wait to have him in singleplayer...why? because even with the patched multiplayer, the MP saber battles still don't match the fluidity of saber battles in SP, which are movie perfect, IMO.

Mr.EFF
06-17-2002, 05:27 PM
I totally agree with you on that one Sinister...

Although, I've found that in SP if you put g_SaberAnimSpeed at '.7' they seem to be more like the movie...

-Mr.EFF

peloquin
06-17-2002, 05:33 PM
Mr.EEF, that would be a good idea just untill I get the final word from Cheshire and by then you wont need to host it anymore.

As for which reborn it replaces, it replaces them all :) 3 of the 5 reborn will show up as the default maul skin while the reborn fencer and reborn force user will show up as the red and blue maul skins. (I had a bitch of a time working that out) I also like the fact that the maul/reborn uses the maul saber hilt in this mod which puts it far above any SP model mod I've seen so far.

And it rocks on the ladder :) you'll love it!

half way sent bud, you'll have in in a sec or two.

Mr.EFF
06-17-2002, 05:36 PM
Kick A$$-

Now all we need is a dual saber in SP.......

Oh, and, it's 'Mr.EFF' not 'Mr.EEF' hehehehe... don't feel bad, it happens a lot.

-Mr.EFF

Xcom
06-17-2002, 05:38 PM
If it's not too much trouble, I'd like it too.
xcom@planet.nl

Sinister1
06-17-2002, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by Mr.EFF
I totally agree with you on that one Sinister...

Although, I've found that in SP if you put g_SaberAnimSpeed at '.7' they seem to be more like the movie...

-Mr.EFF

You can especially see it when you get into saber locks. In MP you can see the jerkiness, in SP, it's 100 percent total, liquid smooth, it's pure bliss. Also, seeing the AI bots in the final SP missions doing battle with you and getting into locks is amazing.

Damn, i can't wait to get this mod because i'd love to get into a nice fluid batte with Maul!

And yes, a dual saber mod in SP, which allows the NPC ENEMIES have Dual-blade would be awesome...and you and any AI Jedi taking them on with single-blade.....OMG.

peloquin
06-17-2002, 05:39 PM
lol soz I did ponder over it for a sec before I posted. :)

Mr.EFF
06-17-2002, 05:40 PM
AAAH!

The anticipation is killing me... and your post isn't helping Sinister!!

hehehehe, you really should try the 'g_SaberAnimSpeed .7'

It really adds to the saber fighting... it basically makes it easier to block swings, but it makes it seem MUCH more like the movie than it already is...

-Mr.EFF

Sinister1
06-17-2002, 05:43 PM
So that's all i have to do? bring down the console and type in that command? I will give it a try.

The thing with dual-blade is that in order to get enjoyment out of yourself using it(or an enemy for that fact) is that it needs it's own set of moves and animations. Modding isn't easy, so it's a pretty big ask, but people are crying out for it, even more so now with this awesome Maul model from Cheshire and the upcoming Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon models from TEX360.

Next thing people will want is for two sabres to be held at once!:)

peloquin
06-17-2002, 05:44 PM
on it's way to ya xcom and you should have it by now Mr.EFF

For anyone else who wants it Mr.EFF is going to be kind enough to put up a temp host for ya. He just has to get it, try it, spin out at it for a little while, spin out a little more, then he'll upload it :)

Sinister1
06-17-2002, 05:46 PM
Thats very kind of Mr.EEF

Does anything serious need to be done to it? do you just install the files into the GameData folder or base folder?

Also, will the Reborn in the SP Demo be a Maul model?

Mr.EFF
06-17-2002, 05:46 PM
I had this idea to port that ffa_episode1 to SP and add a maul bot, and a qui gon bot, and add the obi wan skin to replace kyle, and then you could totally have a remake of the final battle in episode 1...

But damn, I'm too lazy to do that...

The fight between Obi and Jango in episode 2 would also be great for practice against all those gun wh0r3s... hehehe

-Mr.EFF

Sinister1
06-17-2002, 05:49 PM
Yep, good idea Mr.EEF.

Have the gun-ho fans with the Jango and Boba models take on a Jedi player with a lightsaber.

Or have a 2 vs 2.

Take a Jango and Boba model vs Obi-Wan and Anakin model or something, that would be awesome. That could be some sort of mod, gunners vs Jedi's.

Also, how cool would be a double-edged lightsaber weilder taking on someone with 2 lightsabers...both with their own special moves and animations.....:eek:

peloquin
06-17-2002, 05:54 PM
yep all you have to do is put the Reborn_To_Maul.pk3 into your base folder and you're set. The Maul model is included in the file just incase people don't have it already so this will work on it's own if it has to. It really is a complete SP mod, maul has been ADDED to the game in full.

Sinister1
06-17-2002, 05:58 PM
That's great.

I'll download the file from Mr.EEF after he stops playing against Maul in SP(should only take 4 hours:P)

How large is the file?

Xcom
06-17-2002, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by peloquin
on it's way to ya xco

Thanks, I got it.

_checking out_ :D

peloquin
06-17-2002, 06:03 PM
ziped twice it comes to about 6.26mb my e-mail is slow cause good ol norton antivirus likes to make sure it's clean before it goes out into the world :) heh

Mr.EFF
06-17-2002, 06:04 PM
All I have to say is... WOW

I just took it for a test run and it's amazing, I'm uploading it as we speak, but because I also host a CS server on my T1 line... it takes up most of my bandwidth so it should be about another 10-15 minutes...

But until then... here are some cool screenies:

http://www.vhm-design.com/maulpwnzu

-Mr.EFF

Sinister1
06-17-2002, 06:07 PM
When I click on the screen links I get a "No web site is configured at this address" message?

EDIT:

Ok. it works now:)

Mr.EFF
06-17-2002, 06:07 PM
Ok well... its about 75 percent uploaded I think... just check the www.vhm-design.com/maulpwnzu directory for the zip file...

Edit:

It's Up!!! Go Download It!!!

-Mr.EFF

Sinister1
06-17-2002, 06:11 PM
Damn, look at shot 002, that's just something you CANNOT experience in MP.

Mr.EFF
06-17-2002, 06:16 PM
All I have to say is...

http://www.vhm-design.com/maulpwnzu/SP_Reborn_To_Maul.zip

........ 'nuff said.

-Mr.EFF

peloquin
06-17-2002, 06:20 PM
Cheers for that Mr.EFF, as I said before once I talk to Cheshire to make sure he's happy with the changes I made to the file it should be uploaded to jk2.net and all the others by the morning. I know how long people have been waiting for this model and I didn't want to delay it anymore that it has to, once again cheers for hosting it.

Mr.EFF
06-17-2002, 06:22 PM
It's My Pleasure... Finally I get to take advantage of my unlimited bandwidth ;D

Now if you'll excuse me......

*goes and plays the ladder 100x over*

Oh and... feel free to do whatever you want with the screenies, they're good previews of the model IMO...

-Mr.EFF

peloquin
06-17-2002, 07:00 PM
check you e-mail Mr.EFF I'm sending you some player mods you might enjoy. go quite well with the mauls on the ladder :)

Mr.EFF
06-17-2002, 08:10 PM
Thanks Peloquin... I'm downloading them as we speak... oh, and...

*bump*

peloquin
06-17-2002, 08:18 PM
no probs, btw with the jan mod npc spawn jedif and you'll have the same model fighting with a lightsaber by your side in the ladder. lol or just spawn 3 or 4 of her, sit back and watch the action :)

i love this game :)

Mr.EFF
06-17-2002, 08:20 PM
Hahahaha, will do, once I'm done downloading all of your pk3 files.... jeez they're huge...

-Mr.EFF

Zippo85
06-17-2002, 08:42 PM
what files is that.....?:atat:

peloquin
06-17-2002, 09:14 PM
they're just other player mods using some of the cool models people have made. Aayla to jan, exarkun to shadowtrooper, jedi tyrion robed or unrobed SP mod stuff like that.

Darth Torgo
06-17-2002, 11:35 PM
Hey, the Maul-Reborn file is king-sized and the Maul skin ****ing RULES it.

However...

How could one go about making the Reborn more difficult in battle? Or, better yet, just the Reborn boss as this seems the best one for one-on-one Maul battle? If find he's too easy to defeat in battle. Has anyone considered putting the maul skin on Tavion? How has that turned out?

- DT

Gooey
06-18-2002, 01:25 AM
tag

Mr.EFF
06-18-2002, 03:03 AM
Originally posted by Darth Torgo
Hey, the Maul-Reborn file is king-sized and the Maul skin ****ing RULES it.

However...

How could one go about making the Reborn more difficult in battle? Or, better yet, just the Reborn boss as this seems the best one for one-on-one Maul battle? If find he's too easy to defeat in battle. Has anyone considered putting the maul skin on Tavion? How has that turned out?

- DT

Cheshire tried creating the model to replace tavion, but there were certain bugs preventing him from doing it, I can't think of the specifics right now...

-Mr.EFF

Trent Hawk
06-18-2002, 03:39 AM
Have Maul replace Tavion or Desann, and have Obi Wan replace Kyle, and QUi GOn model replace a Jedi Trainer.

peloquin
06-18-2002, 04:07 AM
The only prob with having Maul as Tavion is that you'll have her voice for him which is off putting when Maul says anything it takes him out of character. You could do a sound conversion for tavion I guess but Maul has such limited sound files that it would become very repetitive. I've found that Maul works quite well as a shadowtrooper though (blue skin suits the cloaking device better) and would give you a harder battle. But in the end I agree with Cheshire's choice on the reborn mod.

Play around with it yourself though if you want, it's not that hard at all. If you want Maul as Tavion or shadowtrooper or hell even as Mon Mothma all you have to do is extract the models/players/Maul and change the last folder name from Maul to whoever you want. So if you wanted Maul as Tavion just have the folders as models/players/tavion. Zip that up, rename it something like Maul_To_Tavion.pk3 stick it in your base folder and Tavion will now be Maul.

Any model that has been released you can have in the game and is well worth learning how to do it.

here's how I've changed the game:
Kyle- unrobed tyrion/ or robed tyrion
Jan- Aayla
lando- boushh
jeditrainer- qui-gon
jedi- obi-wan
morgan- Anakin
jedif- also boushh
reborn- Maul
shadow- exarkun
tavion- lady brena
desann- Vader
weequay- bobafett
rodian- jango fett
gran- dengar
luke- a new hope skin
swamptrooper- clonetrooper

have fun

Angry Sandwich
06-18-2002, 04:18 AM
peloquin

Can you send me a copy of your "SP unrobed tyrion" .pk3 model? I've already have a robed version of him, but I can't seem to make an unrobed version. If you could send me the file I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks. :)

yah1090@hotmail.com

By the way, I had no trouble in replacing Tavion with a different model. I've played the game using the Lady Maul model as a replacement for Tavion and everything worked fine. Maybe I wasn't paying attention, but I honestly did not notice anything out of the ordinary.

peloquin
06-18-2002, 04:29 AM
sure angry, you'll have it in about 5 min.

The only prob Cheshire had with tavion i'm guessing was that he wanted to make a total conversion, so not only change the model in-game but change the sounds and saber hilt and as I said before changing the all the sound files for tavion to maul wouldn't work as there's only so many times you could use "at last me will have revenge' :) also in some of the cut sceens maul as tavion tends to want to twist his head off when tuning left or right ..heh same with vader as desann though is most cut sceens.

pud1
06-18-2002, 04:32 AM
i think all new models should replace existing ones and have the ladder at LDJ's episode1 map and have a doublesaber mod
Now that would be fun

peloquin
06-18-2002, 06:28 AM
Angry sandwich: I've tried sending you the SP_tyrion_norobe_mod.pk3 twice now and it's come back to me saying it's too big for your e-mail. I've tried ziping it twice and it's still too big.

so here's how to do it: extract the tyrion.pk3 into a spare folder, go into the models/players/tyrion and delete anything with the word "robed" in it :) mainly the model_robed.skin. zip it back up and name it to something like Tyrion_norobe_mod.pk3

now go back into your base folder and remove the tyrion.pk3 and place the Tyrion_norobe_mod.pk3 in there instead. You also want to have your Kyle_to_tyrion_mod.pk3 in the base folder.

basically if you want norobe use the Tyrion_norobe_mod.pk3 + Kyle_to_tyrion_mod.pk3.

if you want robed use tyrion.pk3 + Kyle_to_tyrion_mod.pk3

any probs let me know.

ps: get a better e-mail :)

CheshireKat
06-18-2002, 06:44 AM
Hey!

Here I am!

Sorry, I get up a 4 am and don't get home till now which is about 6 pm so I couldn't get back to you Peloquin.

Anyways, check your Email!

One more thing I'm curious about if anyone can answer this for me.

In MP the SKin loses some detail, but in MP it looks pretty true to the way I painted it..................

HMMMMMMMMMMM.

Anyways, I just sent Peloquin a reply so look for it soon!

Thanks Peloquin

Angry Sandwich
06-18-2002, 06:48 AM
peloquin, thanks for trying anyway...

I'm pretty sure I did what you did in making the "No Robe Tyrion". I'm gonna try it again. I probably missed something. If it does not work, I'll see if I can use a friend's email address. Thanks again. :)

Edit: Ok, I did what you did so far. One thing, in the folder where I deleted all the robe files, do I still have to go in the default_model.skin file and change all of the lines that say Tyrion to kyle?

Angry Sandwich
06-18-2002, 07:47 AM
Hey peloquin,

I got it to work. Apparently, when I first tried this a couple of days ago, I missed a file or 2. I went over my mistake, caught it and now it works. Oh, one more thing... you don't need to make 2 files for your "No Robe Tyrion" to work in SP. I got it to work using just one .pk3 file. You don't need to make a "Tyrion_norobe_mod.pk3" and a "Kyle_to_Tyrion_mod.pk3". I would send you the file, but my email won't let me send anything over 1MB out (the file is over 1.85MB).

Here's an interesting screenshot. For those of you who know Conan O'brien (a late night talk show host here in America), doesn't Tyrion look like him, lol. I love the model, but it caught me off guard how much he looks like Conan. :)

http://www.ascifi.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=315987

peloquin
06-18-2002, 08:01 AM
hey angry, glad you got it to work bud. I know you don't need the 2 files as you can put it all in the one norobe mod I just did it in stages so I had them separate :)

LMAO at your conan pic, you should send that into his show I'm sure he would love it and show it on air :)

Cheshire, got your e-mail and I've made the changes. Sending it off to Jk2.net, pollycount and massassi now. Should be up soon.
I'll also post a new thread about the changes in a sec.