PDA

View Full Version : Could badly do with some help, nearly finished map gone wrong :S


Kengo
06-18-2002, 02:40 AM
Well...Imperial_Experiment ws nearly done...then...I did something like cloning a trigger, then it came up with:

ParseEntity: { not found
GetLastError() = 0 - 0
An unrecoverable error has occured. Would you like to edit preferences before leaving QERadiant.

Can't load the level back up, keeps giving me that message. In the bit down the bottom which shows textures loading, I got something about line 5900 and something not working.

I obviously didnt do the .bsp from the map after it went wrong, so that should still be ok, if a little far behind. Anyone got any ideas what I can do to get the map back working, best would be the .map itself, next best would be creating a .map from a bsp somehow?

Well, Im completely at a loss as to what to do, could really do with some help, would be very annoying to lose an entire level as it was nearing completion, in future I'll create multiple copies of map versions as I go along, but for now does anyone have any ideas?

Manquesa
06-18-2002, 02:46 AM
load up your autosave.map. If you haven't opened any other maps since this should have your map there, hopefully before you made that last change to it.

Kengo
06-18-2002, 02:51 AM
Great idea, I just tried it and I've got a reasonable bit of the map....but only 1 entity, the Worldspawn. Scarier still, in trying to open the map in word earlier (bad, bad idea), all the words of the editor seem to have changed to Turkish. I think I'm having one of those days....

Kengo
06-18-2002, 03:18 AM
Err...the Turkish thing won't go away....Have deleted the .map and .bsp files that looked like they might be causing it, but no effect, re-installed radiant a few times too. The menu is in Englsih, just when you create an entity its name is in something...looks like Turkish, I got a feeling its that because thats what it said on word as the default translation thingy....any ideas, or am I gonna have to learn a new language? :atat: :atat: :atat: :atat: :confused:

SunBurN
06-18-2002, 03:35 AM
One thing you could check to see is if the file type you are trying to open (ie .map) has the default opening program set to word. To do this, go into explorer, right click on the .map file, click properties, then when it says "opens with: (at this point, mine says "unknown application") and you can try clicking on "change" and somehow change it to unknown...or maybe try jk2.exe or jk2rad.exe. which you'll have to navigate to if they don't show up in the list by clicking on the "other" button at the bottom. I hope this helps. :)

Kengo
06-18-2002, 05:07 AM
I've got it back to English now :) I fiddled around with the preferences and eventually it went English again...very weird. Thanks a lot for the idea SunburN :D Manquesa you just saved me between 15 and 20 hours of built time, or probably the entire map, it didn't have the entites but they're the easy bits really, its the structures that are hardest to remember and rebuild, and most demoralising to have to re-do, thanks a lot man! :)

Manquesa
06-18-2002, 05:12 AM
no prob.

Kengo
06-18-2002, 05:42 AM
Ah dear, despite all the help the problem seems to have resurfaced. Seems to be something to do with using triggers, and maybe something to do with triggers for target_print. Man alive, I wonder if Im ever gonna get this map done :S