PDA

View Full Version : Speculation: Good chance for an expansion.

DNACowboy
06-18-2002, 02:11 AM
I just read the press release on the earning of Jediknight II and Soldier of Fortune 2.

sounds like JK2 has been selling extremely well. This is great news.. because of great sales i think that we have an excellent chance of an expansion pack..

Yoda_623
06-18-2002, 03:10 AM
I've heard rumors of a expected expansion pack but I'm not completly sure abou it.

Woodster2003
06-18-2002, 03:16 AM
Forget a expansion pack, they should make a whole new game, and make a new engine, the quake3 engine is old now.

Robbiesan
06-18-2002, 03:24 AM
I'd be happy with either but a new engine would be good too.. at this point they could wait another year or so and make a new JK game based on a new engine..

The Truthful Liar
06-18-2002, 03:38 AM
Originally posted by Robbiesan
I'd be happy with either but a new engine would be good too.. at this point they could wait another year or so and make a new JK game based on a new engine..

mm... the upcomming UT2003 engine... mega-drool... ;)

Sutek
06-18-2002, 07:03 AM
There's nothing *wrong* with the Q3 engine, it works just fine, it looks just fine. It also allows those of us poor buggers without a vast income to play the game. (I tend to upgrade everything every few years).

Besides, as I have stated before, an expansion pack allows for a sneaky patch - just what the whiners have been crying for.

Fossil25
06-18-2002, 01:22 PM
this is like my only real FPS game...CS doesn't count cuz i didn't actually have it....the rest i play once in a while...
i dunno why we would need a new engine, but just knowing this is ages old, a new one is gooooood
also, i think SP isn't really needed...it'd be good if they made a better MP instead...