PDA

View Full Version : A Desperate Plea For Help!

Dak un Leer
06-19-2002, 05:15 AM
First I am a regular gamer for the gaming community and my ultimate goal is to expand the experiance by creating custom multiplayer levels. But in order to accomplish these goals I need a someone to get me off on the right foot. What i need is the EXACT tools used for JKII. Meaning the editing tool and everything I need to open up JKII programs. I also need the BEST I mean BEST tutorial for creating these JKII multiplayer levels. im talking easy instructions for like a 3 year old. Yeah its bad. Its very difficult to start out using a tutorial created for QUAKE3! Thats why i need one specifically made for JKII. Thanks to all the generous people out there who will hopefully help me. Please write back in the reply for the servers or e-mail me at
The_Yeyinde@aol.com

Thanks,
Dak un Leer

RichDiesal
06-19-2002, 05:25 AM
Read the sig. ;)

I'm still in the process of writing, but that will get you off to a good start.

Grets Sirob
06-19-2002, 05:29 AM
The easiest tool I would recomend would be GTKRadient v1.2.9
As for the tutorial's RichDiesal's tut are the most basic I have ever seen.
You can find the tutorial's here (http://richdiesal.jedioutcastmaps.com/tutorials/)

And GTK here (http://www.qeradiant.com/?data=files&files_id=41)
There's a list of places to d/l them from(just warning you).
Oh, and a word of caution:
Mapping is very addictive. Have fun!

:no bantha smily either jk2.net: *bantha call*

RichDiesal
06-19-2002, 07:05 AM
Nah, don't use GTK. All my tutorials assume you are using JK2Radiant (and there is even a lesson detailing how to install it).

Don't go the way of the Dark Side (GTK), young padawan.

:)

Dak un Leer
06-19-2002, 07:16 AM
Thanks for the return but where can i get JKII radient?

Dak un Leer

RichDiesal
06-19-2002, 07:19 AM
That very question is answered in the tutorial with appropriate linkage. :p

Dak un Leer
06-19-2002, 07:25 AM
Yeah I just read the link where i get it just now thanks.

Dak un Leer

Grets Sirob
06-19-2002, 07:55 AM
Rich, I know that tut is for jkr. It's just that they're exactly the same(except for a few minor details). And, I'd be using jkr right now if it hadn't stopped working...

The Truthful Liar
06-19-2002, 08:31 AM
GtK is better though...

;)

Grets Sirob
06-19-2002, 08:39 AM
AAAAAIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!! THE EVIL TACO HAS INVADED US!!!! AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Takeoffyouhoser
06-19-2002, 11:27 AM
actually, i use both editors.... i find its easier to do lighting in JkRadiant, though.... Also, Rich's tutorials are the easiest to use and ONLY ones i found on jedi knight, so they are it for me.....