PDA

View Full Version : Skeleton Question

Sniper Wolf
06-19-2002, 08:17 AM
Hey everyone
I have my model all fitted to the skeleton but I was wondering why the skeleton's leg bones are pointing out and if I have to fit my model's legs to it. If I did, that would require a great revamp of the legs because my character has an overcoat :eek:
Also, are the eyes and mouth part of the model a necessity or can I delete them? And do I need to delete the caps and make my own or could I keep them? Thanks a lot.
- Wolf :jawa

Sniper Wolf
06-19-2002, 09:22 AM
A quick update:
I've figured you need to rotate the legs down and then work on fitting your model's legs from there. Can anyone answer my other questions? Thanks

keto
06-19-2002, 09:57 AM
as far as i know it is alright to move the skeletons legs down for proportion/envelope reasons , but you dont have to and then could just paint the verts for weighting, on my modle i left the skels legs sticking out like that and had my models legs pointing down (perpindicular). i dont know what overs have done but that is how i did it. but that coudl be wrong as i have about 1-2in gaps between the knees when my model runs ... now i dont think that they are related but even so i woudl like others ways of doing it.

-keto

CheshireKat
06-19-2002, 10:10 AM
Use the Stormtrooper skeleton. They don't point out.

sithlord-II
06-19-2002, 12:06 PM
edit: sithlord smoked some bad crack

Sniper Wolf
06-19-2002, 12:19 PM
Sithlord,
What in the ****ing hell are you talking aboot? lol

sithlord-II
06-19-2002, 12:23 PM
LOL **** i don't know man
i think i had two browsers open and accidentally clicked in this page to reply to a different thread
My bad, smoking crack here

Sniper Wolf
06-19-2002, 12:34 PM
LOL thats got to be the funniest reply I have heard in a long time. Maybe its because I'm in the mood where everything is funny. Or maybe its because I'm bloody drunk:ewok:

sithlord-II
06-19-2002, 12:53 PM
heheh
it was a normal reply had it been in the right thread
;)
someone had posted saying "make an akira model" from the show, of course, Akira
:P