PDA

View Full Version : JK1 TC, would you like to help?

Pages : [1] 2

Grets Sirob
06-20-2002, 07:07 AM
If you:
A. Have jk1(not required, but would make it easier)
B. Can make decent maps/scripts/models/skins.
C. Have the will to join.

Could you help? I'm trying to get some skinners, modelers, mappers, and scripters together for this. I think it would make an awsome tc, not to mention one that practically everyone wants. Just post here if you want to help. And also, is it possible to make new anims? Thanks for your time. If you don't want to help, you could offer feedback. I hope someone wants to help...

:wookiee: Raaarwwaag!

Epimetheus
06-20-2002, 11:50 AM
What would make this a TC? What would it change?

BloodRiot
06-20-2002, 12:49 PM
I would luv to play jk1 in this game engine with this kinda saberplay

jk1 rocked.. but the saberplay there sucked big time... and it had a nice story too.

You have my thumbs up for that mod. Too bad im busy with my own to help ya out.

Harukaze
06-20-2002, 01:01 PM
What Grets is suggesting is that fans like us pool our efforts to recreate the game Dark Forces 2: Jedi Knight and place it onto the Jedi Knight 2: Jedi Outcast gaming engine. This would involve reconstructing every map from DF2:JK, making new models and skins for characters not present in JK2:JO, and probably a fair ammount of playtesting. This process could take... a while ^_^ But since this is something I was hoping someone would suggest, I'm all for signing up.

Grets Sirob
06-20-2002, 01:50 PM
Sweet! Glad some one agrees this would be a great idea. My e-mail is here (grets_sirob@attbi.com), so e-mail me if you want to join up. And we'll get started! What's your specialty?

Grets Sirob
06-22-2002, 02:42 PM
Anyone else interested?

Wes Janson SMR
06-23-2002, 05:23 AM
Isn't there some kind of level converter that allows us to use JK1 levels in JK2?

Grets Sirob
06-23-2002, 06:39 AM
Don't know, don't care, don't ask.
And besides, wouldn't you rather have the full experiance?

Wheezle
06-23-2002, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by Wes Janson SMR
Isn't there some kind of level converter that allows us to use JK1 levels in JK2?

Yes there is, Here (http://droid.codealliance.ca/start/index.html)

it only converts the maps themselves and the textures r lo res & ugly. you could retexture them I guess but it'd be way better to re-map them and just use this for a guideline.

but do whatever you want. :D

reaper1576
06-23-2002, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by Wheezle

Yes there is, Here (http://droid.codealliance.ca/start/index.html)

it only converts the maps themselves and the textures r lo res & ugly. you could retexture them I guess but it'd be way better to re-map them and just use this for a guideline.

but do whatever you want. :D
Thats what ive used to import the map from jk 2 use as reference cos when u import them there are big holes in the maps and gaps every where it would be more work using this to import and fix the maps so where using the imports as reference as a guid line and the scale of the maps are smaller.
Reaper1576 (reaper_23@hotmail.com)

Harukaze
06-23-2002, 04:21 PM
I'd rather craft it ourselves anyway. We can then give it our own... personality, I suppose. Make it the same map as before, but I'm definately for putting our own touches on it. I'm hoping to learn mapping well enough to be responsible for at least one of the levels in the TC.

reaper1576
06-23-2002, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by Harukaze
I'd rather craft it ourselves anyway. We can then give it our own... personality, I suppose. Make it the same map as before, but I'm definately for putting our own touches on it. I'm hoping to learn mapping well enough to be responsible for at least one of the levels in the TC. Think one of the problems with DF2 Jk is the lighting from what i can rember it was crap and the maps where verry simple and lacked detail at the moment iam trying to make level 1 narshadda what i coming along nicely plan to make this a much darker level to give it a more seedy look and a lot moer detailhopfuly soon ill have a very early beta preview of work so far on this level need some sugestions for the force powers asignment when you pick light or dark side powers thinking of some sort of trails for the end of each map afther you get your saber etc any sugestions get back to me

Harukaze
06-23-2002, 11:17 PM
I think sadly, the biggest part of Jedi Knight that will be lost in our TC is the way it handles your Force "karma" so to speak, the level of light or darkness you ascribe to. Since force levels, as I recall, are in a part of the map structure, it seems to me that there's no way to have an alternate set of powers. Meaning, we give Kyle all the powers, and let the player decide which to use. The also presents a problem though, since aren't there multiple endings depending on which side you use?
*sighs* Your lack of an SDK is disturbing *forcegrips Raven* I mean, uhm, hi! ^_^

God, JK is just so painful to look at. I agree wholeheartedly with Reaper. In fact, I was going to suggest something similar, that when we get to do level one, we should seriously throw out the original map entirely and make our own. Nar Shaddaa is big enough that Kyle could, theoretically, take any number of paths to his goal. In both JK and JO [and DF if I recall] Nar Shaddaa was present, but in a greatly simplified manner simply due to the fact that there's no way in hell we could do a map of the whole planet ^_^ That does not mean, however, that the character Kyle has only one option for the directions he takes. In other words, just because JK's publishers chose one route, does not mean we cannot chose another altogether.

WarteX
06-24-2002, 04:11 AM
BloodRiot, did u ever try SBX for jk1?
It made the saber duels alot better and u could have a sithsaber :dsaber: . It was awesome and u could whurl the sithsaber around like mual does in the movie :cool:

:lsduel:

King Jezuz Pie
06-24-2002, 05:13 AM
Well this mod might inculde more moves. But the grafik is still crap... and I guess you can't control your moves like in JO, right?

Don't get me wrong, DF2 was a great game, but it's a bit outdated nowadays.
JO really lacks of the huge areas we had in DF2. When I first played the demo map i was impressed how large everything was :)
I doubt that would be possible with JO, as the engine was not developed for large areas...

The Truthful Liar
06-24-2002, 05:42 AM
Originally posted by King Jezuz Pie
Well this mod might inculde more moves. But the grafik is still crap... and I guess you can't control your moves like in JO, right?

Don't get me wrong, DF2 was a great game, but it's a bit outdated nowadays.
JO really lacks of the huge areas we had in DF2. When I first played the demo map i was impressed how large everything was :)
I doubt that would be possible with JO, as the engine was not developed for large areas...

err... quite the contrary - Jk2 was developed based from the Q3: TA engine which is MEANT for large outdoor areas and arenas. I think that Jk1's (SP) maps can be easily re-created, with even more details added, its just a bloody shame that Raven (Perhaps Lucasarts wouldn't allow it, grumble) didn't release the SP Code for extra dynamic story-line and character immersion into the SW Galaxy.

Cheers :evanpiel: :fett:

reaper1576
06-24-2002, 07:19 AM
Well i agree there just look at JK narshadda take the intro you see a massive city ships flying about and stuff but look at the level a couple of grans and rodans here and there and some npcs who stand there and do nothing just look at u funny and mumble something and the level was to bright to what the idea the intro gives you like i said before it shold have been more of a darker atmosphere with people walking about ships flying about etc a lot more busy than it was just think of it when you look out the windows of the bar the and walk the streets the odd ships flying about etc just think of it a more seedyer, dark and busy narshadda :D at the mo ive sent in a very early beta preview this morning to www.jedioutcastmaps.com so hopfuly it should be up soon it of the bar section theres still a lot of work to on it so check it out on there should be up soon

Harukaze
06-24-2002, 07:53 AM
Sadly I could not find it. Want to perhaps send me a shot to sate my curiosity?

reaper1576
06-24-2002, 08:26 AM
Sadly I could not find it. Want to perhaps send me a shot to sate my curiosity? ok email me and ill send u the preview of the bar at narshadda

Grets Sirob
06-26-2002, 04:10 AM
So, anyone else want to help?

:dangit jk2.net, make smilies for the ranks!: Grrarroooaaar!!!

VIO
06-26-2002, 04:49 AM
i would i love jki but im working on a mod, and a prefab, and a hoth map

reaper1576
06-26-2002, 06:59 AM
There should be some in game screen shots soon of narshadda

The Truthful Liar
06-26-2002, 09:00 AM
*shakes head*

amatuers...

Harukaze
06-26-2002, 07:57 PM
Hey Legion, would you mind posting something, I don't know, helpful? Yes, we're amateurs. But guess what? So is just about everyone here. Not being insulting to anyone; unless we're getting paid to do this, we're amateurs by definition. I get paid to work with pharmaceutical companies and to keep them compliant with the Public Drug Marketing Act. So in just about every aspect here, I'm an amateur. Care to tell me what you're a professional in?

D.L.
06-26-2002, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by Wes Janson SMR

Yes and it would considerably cut down on the work. All you would need to do is look for leaks, add lights and texture it rather than building it from scratch.

reaper1576
06-26-2002, 09:48 PM
Hey Legion, would you mind posting something, I don't know, helpful? Yes, we're amateurs. But guess what? So is just about everyone here. Not being insulting to anyone; unless we're getting paid to do this, we're amateurs by definition. I get paid to work with pharmaceutical companies and to keep them compliant with the Public Drug Marketing Act. So in just about every aspect here, I'm an amateur. Care to tell me what you're a professional in? Ok well i agree here about this same here i work in IT as a nework administrator and iam guiet new to mapping and all this stuff and iam not erning anything for doing this this is an idea what ive been thinking of and that it would improve on the origainal in a much better engine and improved saber play untill the day i get paid for this i do think my self an amateur or maybe your one of the lucky few how do get paid in that case you should offer some support and not knock it if your not intrested dont bother posting:mad:

Grets Sirob
06-27-2002, 02:56 AM
Yes, I'm asking for help, not hindrances. I need more people, so far we have one modeler, two mappers, and maybe a coder.

C'mon guys, this'll be great, help out a bit.

:trooper: Hey, you there!

The Truthful Liar
06-27-2002, 03:13 AM
*cough*

I made Oasis when Jk2 first came out, and I've already talked with Grets - so I suppose you'll be having mine ;)

Badakku
06-27-2002, 03:18 AM
Well, I could imagine scripting and also some mapping! I love JK1 and played it at least 5 times sp and endlessly mp with my friend until we both got that good that there never was a winner anymore. :D
I think I know quite much about scripting and I'm also not completely new to mapping, so I think I could at least try to make one level.

You can contact me on webmaster@jedi-planet.de but I must tell you that I won't have hardly any time to do something in the next six weeks because this school year just finished and I'll be on holiday.

Ah, I have a screenshot of the first map I made for JO, watch it here:
http://www.jedi-planet.de/jo/duel_bridge.jpg
It's a duel map and I think it's quite good for a first map except the case that it's much too small.

reaper1576
06-27-2002, 06:42 AM
ok at the moment it seem its me and Grets Sirob ive recrutied 1 mapper and waiting to here from 2 and trying to sweet talk a modeler so we need more people to help out some scripters and more modelrs etc so if your intrested please contact me Reaper1576 (reaper_23@hotmail.com) or Grets Sirob sorry about the in game shots dont know when there gonna be posted on Jedioutcastmaps (http://www.jedioutcastmaps.com) or the prevew of the narshadda bar (whats going on there????) at the moment there aint a site for this yet thats on the to do list at the momet the rositer is

Reaper1576
Grets Sirob
Shay soz cant rember your nick mate
Harukaze (Modeler)
Badakku (Scripter & Mapper)

List updated 27/6/02
waiting to here from to people still where all mappers so get back to us if you want to help with this project and big thanks to Gret Sirob for all the help

Grets Sirob
06-27-2002, 08:22 AM
There are a few others reaper, I'm getting people too, your not alone. No mappers on my part, but we've got Harukaze(skinner and coder)
Still trying to get these annoying modelers to work with me(no offense)...

Harukaze
06-27-2002, 12:23 PM
Not sure if my coding abilities will help much here, but I hope it can. As I mentioned in the private message, I'm going to dive into modelling and see what I can't come up with. So far, it's kinda hard to skin without any models, and the only new model we can use is already being skinned [besides which, yokel's doing a better job than I could do with that].

I seriously would like to do Yun if I can. I want to do a custom model, maybe using an existing model as a base [since this is a new field for me]. I could maybe use one of the Jedi or the Chiss as a base, and reshape the face to look younger. It's not the best, of course, but Yun is a fairly non-descript human. And if it looks bad, we can always scrap it : )

I'm also thinking about working on new skins for Kyle and Jan, but it's almost not even necessary. Going to have a serious look again at the actors who play those parts. And I do have an idea with Jan, but I'll hold that to myself until I can actually test it out.

And the biggest problem I see is still, conceptually, how to handle the fight with Boc.

Grets Sirob
06-27-2002, 12:35 PM
And the biggest problem I see is still, conceptually, how to handle the fight with Boc.

No kidding, that is going to be a night-mare...

But, no sense worrying about that until we get that far.

If we get that far...

reaper1576
06-27-2002, 06:10 PM
Hmmmmm that could be a problem but ive heard that that some one is working on a mod that will alow u to sabers so it might not be all lost with Boc but at the moment im sort of head hunting for modelers who i like there work so at the moment ive put the map on hold while i try to get this peolpe onboard i dont know whats happening with thew shoot i send in to jedioutcastmaps or the preview so be patiant if not email me and ill send u the shot the preview was very early so i deleted i was not happy with it

Harukaze
06-27-2002, 07:51 PM
Too bad we can't recruit Absath, Bloodriot and Kinja. Those three would seriously be able to do some of the most amazing things.

Speaking of which, I've still heard no word on a male Twi'lek model. I've an idea, will post later on that.

BloodRiot
06-28-2002, 01:52 AM
Well...

In a last resource (or desperation if you prefer) you can always make the arms more distant from eachother... that ca be done by moving the skeleton arm bones upwards... in game they would be more apart from eachother.

Then just model a second saber on his left hand.

It's improvise and it would require a lot of tweaking till it reaches the least WEIRD look as possible.

But you DO have an upside on this... Boc's stance is nowhere near the regular stances... in fact... you could also tweak other stuff like the legs or something to simulate his moves.

sdarkshadow
06-28-2002, 02:39 AM
This MOD sounds like a great idea, if you want you can host it at www.jk2edit.com- you'd get forums, e-mail addresses @jk2edit.com for members and a web page and space to upload any files to.

This is a very new editing website- a lot of it is under construction but we are slowly getting on top of things.

reaper1576
06-28-2002, 05:57 AM
Too bad we can't recruit Absath, Bloodriot and Kinja. Those three would seriously be able to do some of the most amazing things.

Speaking of which, I've still heard no word on a male Twi'lek model. I've an idea, will post later on that.
Ok i got an idea there is a twi'lek model but it female if u can find it and get permission from the creator to use it as a base 4 boc and on the JK1 Cd the is concempt art for all the dark jedi emaill me if u need to know more

reaper1576
06-28-2002, 06:07 AM
Originally posted by sdarkshadow
This MOD sounds like a great idea, if you want you can host it at www.jk2edit.com- you'd get forums, e-mail addresses @jk2edit.com for members and a web page and space to upload any files to.

This is a very new editing website- a lot of it is under construction but we are slowly getting on top of things.
thank i will email u and we can talk about it chears

VIO
06-28-2002, 06:20 AM
wait did boc have 2 sabers

Grets Sirob
06-28-2002, 06:44 AM
Yes Vio, he did.

Ahhh, I remember that jumping, laughing, idiotic freak.
His death was funny, he kinda fell on his knees, started laughing, wimpered, and died.
I enjoyed that to the fullest...

Harukaze
06-28-2002, 07:08 AM
Of course, they all kind of just fall to their knees and die.

Bloodriot, thanks for the idea! Would we actually be able to have something that damages someone in his other hand though? I know we could model the saber blade directly into the model and use shaders to make it look like a blade [although that's FAR beyond my abilities]. Even if that doesn't do damage, it would still look like he's using both blades, and the "real" blade would do still do a fair enough ammount of damage.... It is by far the best idea I've heard, but at the least we can wait a good while until we have to cross that bridge.

I just emailed Tim Appleby [the creator of the female Twi'lek model and the Aayla Secura skin, among other things], asking him if he would be interested in crafting a male Twi'lek. Unfortunately [or fortunately, but in a different way] he's working on something else already. Maybe would someone else be interested? :) Bloodriot, I don't suppose you and Absath would consider doing one? Or another of the Dark Jedi?

reaper1576
06-28-2002, 07:08 AM
If u used luke and the bartender from narshadda and sort of crosed them like make luke black out fit a blue gray and use the other models head sort of might work

Harukaze
06-28-2002, 07:45 AM
I actually have some plans for Yun. I'm learning to model specifically so that I can do Yun, since he has become my favorite character in Jedi Knight. I know someone did a skin of him onto a preexisting model, but I'd like to do my own model. I will use some premade model as the base, but as Madjai has proven, you can do a lot by editing a base model. The head on his Maw model was once Kyle's ^_^ Very impressive job there, btw.

I've got gmax now, and I'm just going to have to pray that's good enough to make the model, since there's no way I can afford 3ds max and I don't intend to pirate it either.

reaper1576
06-28-2002, 08:18 AM
I actually have some plans for Yun. I'm learning to model specifically so that I can do Yun, since he has become my favorite character in Jedi Knight. I know someone did a skin of him onto a preexisting model, but I'd like to do my own model. I will use some premade model as the base, but as Madjai has proven, you can do a lot by editing a base model. The head on his Maw model was once Kyle's ^_^ Very impressive job there, btw.

I've got gmax now, and I'm just going to have to pray that's good enough to make the model, since there's no way I can afford 3ds max and I don't intend to pirate it either.
if u got DSL or know someone you coud go for maya or download milkshape

The Truthful Liar
06-28-2002, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by reaper1576

if u got DSL or know someone you coud go for maya or download milkshape

I really hope you are only talking about trial version rather warez, discussion of warez and ways of attaining warez programs is prohibited.

If not - carry on! :thumbsup:

Harukaze
06-28-2002, 10:47 AM
Which is better, MilkShape or gmax? I know 3ds max is the best, but I don't plan to pirate and I don't have a few grand to toss aruond. I'd pay the 20 for Milk, and I already downloaded gmax.

reaper1576
06-28-2002, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by AB_Legion

I really hope you are only talking about trial version rather warez, discussion of warez and ways of attaining warez programs is prohibited.

If not - carry on! :thumbsup:

I was reffering to the free version of maya and you can use milkshape for 30day free and my opinion or warez is dont use it it will all way mess your computer up and thats why they charge £40 quid where i live for sof2 and i dont in tend to pay that and no im not being tight

reaper1576
06-28-2002, 06:49 PM
Which is better, MilkShape or gmax? I know 3ds max is the best, but I don't plan to pirate and I don't have a few grand to toss aruond. I'd pay the 20 for Milk, and I already downloaded gmax. did you get tempest for gmax???

Harukaze
06-28-2002, 09:02 PM
Not yet; I was not one hundred percent certain it would work with Jedi Outcast. There are differences between Q3 and JO, even though JO is based off the engine; I was not certain if those differences would make Tempest incompatible or not. I'll take it your questions implies that it is compatible, so I'll have to download it.

reaper1576
06-29-2002, 12:43 AM
Not yet; I was not one hundred percent certain it would work with Jedi Outcast. There are differences between Q3 and JO, even though JO is based off the engine; I was not certain if those differences would make Tempest incompatible or not. I'll take it your questions implies that it is compatible, so I'll have to download it. there a tutorial for it at http://richdiesal.jedioutcastmaps.com/main/index.html
installed it on my machine for DS aint got round to playing with it yet hope it helps 1 prob is somthing to do with shaders soz cant help more

reaper1576
06-29-2002, 05:23 AM
here one thing thats bugging me at the moment regarding the texture what does every one thing use the origianl 1s and convert them to 32bit or use Jo textures i havent got a clue with shaders and creating texture or get some 1 to create new 1s based on the origianl

reaper1576
06-29-2002, 05:26 AM
is itr posible for you or some 1 ealse to recreate the droid from the intro to JK1 cant rember its name soz anyone up for it let me know

reaper1576
06-29-2002, 05:53 AM
good news we have maybe a mapper and coder there new to mapping but know VB

Harukaze
06-29-2002, 06:35 AM
VB as in Visual Basic? Is that even anything we can use?

Anyway I'm gonna go get Tempest and try it out, and see about some concepts for Yun.

And by droid, do you mean 8t88? I should hope we'll get him modelled eventually; he's kinda important.

reaper1576
06-29-2002, 06:54 AM
VB as in Visual Basic? Is that even anything we can use?

Anyway I'm gonna go get Tempest and try it out, and see about some concepts for Yun.

And by droid, do you mean 8t88? I should hope we'll get him modelled eventually; he's kinda important.
Thanks well wont be needing him just yet sorting out some thing of what i did on the map ooops (made the doors a bit big ok im a bit rusty) lol well im gona do a prefab for the bar in the intro as well and hoful get some one to script it :P taht would be nice seeig the intro in 3D mmmmmm soz lol but thanks any way well i dont know i vb will help if not we got some one to help out with bits and peaces when it comes to programing im crap faild my SQL exam 3 times now :( (think i will leave thta 4 a while) o well look like MS are £300 up thanks to me

reaper1576
06-29-2002, 07:10 AM
Found some thing that may be of use saber hilt dont know if u want to create new 1s for the bosses but check them out what do u think http://members.tripod.com/MousieDroid/Hilt/Sabers_Library.html

reaper1576
06-29-2002, 07:23 AM
Ok ive sent an email off to sdarkshadow and ill talk to him about geting us hosted on his site any other offers out there please let me know or leave a post in here for me and i will contact you or vice versa and we will see what happens from there at the moment i'm having trouble geting screen shoots posted at jedioutcastmaps

Harukaze
06-29-2002, 07:47 AM
Sorry, I should have posted this. I'm already handling the jk2edit.com thing.

reaper1576
06-29-2002, 08:33 AM
Sorry, I should have posted this. I'm already handling the jk2edit.com thing. cool thanks for that let me know what happens save me a few things to do at the moment:cool:

reaper1576
06-29-2002, 08:41 AM
has anyone got any idears for models for npc what i could us in the bar at narshadda and npc to add a bit of life to the bar or for people walking about in narshadda

reaper1576
06-29-2002, 08:43 AM
does anyone know how to add coustem npc in to the game

reaper1576
06-29-2002, 07:16 PM
Ok ive been doing somethinking about a few of the bosses would like some feed back on this people.
This is to with fighting styles

Gork & Pic
first lets talk about gork i think his fighting stance should me very powerful but im not 100% on this for him it been a long time since i played Jk1 so please coment people
well know Pic i do rember a lot better i think his fighting style should be very fast using force speed & jump the idea for this after watching episoide 2 the yoda battle and what i rember from the game (dont worry ppl im gonna go back and play it a bit)

Boc
ok this is what i was thinking a cross between to saber style blue & red u know what i meen with this with force jump & speed

so people what do you thing get back with ur comment ad sugestion

reaper1576
06-29-2002, 07:24 PM
Ok i found a douument with a lot of console comand and i came a cross this Hidden saber style is there any way to get them into a gome with out using cheats and here it is im off to play with it so any ideas

and here it is i found this in the propak.zip cant rember where i downloaded it from soz
setforceall 10

reaper1576
06-29-2002, 09:41 PM
Ok i tryd out the two hidden saber style they are both single handed style one blue and one red and they are cool better than the standard ones in JO does any one know how to unlock them with out cheats enabled so we could use them in the TC they might be useful for the boc model dont know but check them out and let me know what u think should we or shouldnt we:cool:

Lucko Mabri
06-29-2002, 10:16 PM
Greats Sirob. did you know that kman guy has moved your request for skinners to mod central? what is with that kman guy? he's threatening to even close down yoda model thread!

Mirko
06-30-2002, 01:22 AM
Theese two hidden Stances are used By Tavion, Dessan and/or Luke...
I would like to have this mod, but i'm sorry, because i cant help you (I can't map/code/model...).
But i have some Suggestions:
Someone mentioned, he would like to see a complete Nar Shaddaa with mutiple paths to the end of the Level. I Think this would be false. You should try, to keep the original Levels, and don't change the ways you have to go. But you should Add details that make Nar Shadaa look bigger. You Could Add closed Doors (I Think Raven Did that in bespin, at least in the MP map)you could make NPCs move in areas you cannot reach (something that is missingin JO) You could make Ships fly by (in JK1 there was the sound of flying ships in it), or add some Scripted events (two Grans fighting each other before they see you).

The Only Problems i See are the fight against boc and some missing Weapons and Characters, because that can't be coded in Single Player (as far as i know), because there is no SDK.

I hope to see screens soon...
Good Luck!

Grets Sirob
06-30-2002, 02:32 AM
Mirko, I agree that we need the originals, we will do that.
We will also, however, be making the levels differently.
So we have one set, with all the originals, and the other, with remakes. And yeah, closed doors are a necessity(one thing missing in just about all games like this, maps are too linear...).
Boc will be tough, but we might be able to pull it off...

The weapons are no problem at all. There is a way to change the way weapons work(right?).
And we could just change the models(for the weapons).

Wait, nevermind, I see...

:sithm: You will die, painfully.

reaper1576
06-30-2002, 04:33 AM
i agree with both of you on this its not worth messing around to much with the level but add more detail and atmospheare i think the way around the weapons is to create them to replace the origianl ones sorry for being vage on this bit i thik its to do with the models no 100% on this and the adding more detail is a defernet thingis there anyone out there who could help with unlooking the to saber style ???? at the momment narshaddas shaping up afther cathing a few misstakes before i got to far with it soz about the screen shots people ive given up with jedioutcastmaps.com seems they post what they want after sending it 3 thime over the week is there any one who can help me out with triger having some problems and to get npc to follow there route before the attack you

reaper1576
06-30-2002, 08:44 AM
Can everyone who haas joind this project please contact me so i know 100% what evey ones doing thanks:cool:

Harukaze
06-30-2002, 11:12 PM
Anyone involved should also PM me with your email address and the alias you want for email forwarding.

We have our forums, but I still need to set them up. I'll let you know when that's done.

Gonna try to bust through some more modelling tutorials today too. Haven't even imported a base model yet, so I'm going to try to get that done today. From there, it's just a matter of playing with facial structures, since my first version is going to be a quick edit, mostly to see that I can take a model and put it back into the game. From there I can see about more complicated stuff. Each step will be a learning process, but I'm stubborn [wouldn't've made it through three years of college so far if I'm not] and I really want to duel Yun in SP. If I can manage a fairly realistic duel against him by the end of July, I'll be happy, since that would also include learning Icarus to give him some tactics.

Random question: does anyone know if Force Persuasion/Mind Tricks work for enemies in SP? In MP, it makes you invisible, and it is essentially that in SP [not counting when Icarus is used to make something special happen, like with the Ugnaught and with a few Imp commanders]. So, if an enemy used it, would he vanish? I ask because that was one of the powers Yun used in JK. Blindness won't work, but persuasion might.

Does anyone else find it interesting that Yun uses light-side powers in JK?

The_One
06-30-2002, 11:48 PM
Hi, I'm from the Dark Forces mod - nice idea, just a couple of questions...

Have you checked this over LEC? You should at least e-mail them a few times otherwise you'll be shutdown very quickly - JK is still a big selling game and this mod could potentially harm sales - that's all they care about.

In our case, they have no issue with us because no-one buys DF anymore - and it will actually BOOST their sales of JKII, so no harm is being donw - aslong as we don't actually re-use their material directly we should be ok.

I would watch out, or all this you're doing will be for nothing - you don't want LucasArts lawyers knocking on your door...

Lastly, if you have any ideas how to get Maw to fly, it would really help us with the Dark Troopers and Boba Fett :)

Harukaze
07-01-2002, 02:08 AM
Hey, good to hear from you. I've spoken with your project leader a little while back, discussing the idea of an exchange of resources once we get off the ground.

That's a good idea for contacting LEC, I'll get on that as soon as I'm able. JK doesn't sell that well any longer, really, going at 10 a pop and still sitting on shelves for Lord knows how long. Even so, this project will not be done for at least a year in my opinion, and by then JK sales are sure to deadline. Either way, it will be good to handle that, just in case. I know The Hunted was cancelled, but that's because it could potentially interfere with a new game they premiered at E3. I forgot what it was called; it might have simply been Bounty Hunters, I can't recall. Either way, the basic theme was the same.

As far as flying goes, sadly I think we're using a workaround for Maw, using SurfOff to kill his legs. Come to think of it, I've got to email Madjai and Yokel to ask him a huge favor with his model, so that we can do the opening cutscene properly. Later, I hope, we can figure out what allows the probot to fly, or, for that matter, Kyle himself in the zero-G level just after defeating Fyyar. I'll ask around, and if I find out anything, I'll let you guys know immediately.

Mirko
07-01-2002, 03:06 AM
Is it possible to Program new AI without the SDK, just Using Icarus??? I Think the flying probedroids have just a special AI that doesn't keep them on the Ground. The Same (or a bigger) Problem than Maw would be the Mynocks (or what these Creatures are) And what about swimming? Is That Possible in JO? I can't remember anything like that in the Game and the small "Ponds" on Yavin 4 are not deep enough to try swimming, but Jedi Knight I had many places where you need to swim.
The Force Powers are another Problem... Perhaps you should try to do something like this Coop mod, where they try to make the Single player missions run in MP, where you can Code almost everything (Weapons, Force Powers, I think people with two Lightsabers would be no Problem (meaning not as bad as in SP). I think a Problem there would be Saving, AI could be a problem too, but i don't know enough about that...

@Grets Sirob:
"yeah, closed doors are a necessity(one thing missing in just about all games like this, maps are too linear...)."

I don't know if you did understand me right. I meant you should try to keep the Same linear way to the End of the Level, but you could add a Door leading to another "road" in the City, that never opens, but makes the City look bigger, because there Seems to be more than there is. (But it should somehow be obvious that the Player doesn't need to go there.)

@Harukaze:
"Later, I hope, we can figure out what allows the probot to fly, or, for that matter, Kyle himself in the zero-G level just after defeating Fyyar."

I Think Kyle starts to "fly" because they switched of Gravity...
Reminds me somehow of the Falling Ship Level... another problem you should think about!

Harukaze
07-01-2002, 05:36 AM
Yes, it's somewhat obvious the gravity is off, causing Kyle to fly, but the question is how does one accomplish this in-game?

Actually, I was thinking very much of that level when I mentioned Fyyar. They do interesting things with it, but if you're in a freefalling object [such as a ship], you also are freefalling, and thus are not held down to the ship. Once it hits terminal velocity though [which, given its mass, won't happen]. I'm thinking though, on my version of things [same concept, modified levels], I'm going to want to have the ship begin to fall only after the player is nearly on his ship. Or, have it hit, but not explode right away. If it fell at the beginning of the level, and if it exploded on impact, Kyle would have mere seconds to get to his ship. When you've got 9.80665m/s^2 working against you....

Hmm. Perhaps if emergancy repulsors kick in almost immediately [makes sense a ship would have them], enough to slow the descent....

That level will definately be considered in depth before I begin to work with a mapper on it.

The_One
07-01-2002, 05:39 AM
Yeah, I think you have even more problems than us... But a lot of your problems aren't too bad if you can't sort them out - with us not having a flying Dark Trooper would be a BIG shame...

reaper1576
07-01-2002, 05:43 AM
have an idea for maw is it possible to cross it with the probe droids

Harukaze
07-01-2002, 05:44 AM
Well, I think we'd lose a lot without being able to have Boc fence case. Who knows, maybe by the time we get that far, Raven will have released an add-on, like MotS was for JK, which includes doublebladed sabers and the possibility for multiple weapons simulataneous. I would love to see a case saber-fencer and a double-blaster wielding Jango Fett. Then, I would be happy.

reaper1576
07-01-2002, 05:49 AM
Originally posted by The_One
Yeah, I think you have even more problems than us... But a lot of your problems aren't too bad if you can't sort them out - with us not having a flying Dark Trooper would be a BIG shame... could you do the same sort of think like i mentiond for maw

reaper1576
07-01-2002, 05:56 AM
Mirko on yavin there was some quite deep parts so it might be posible

reaper1576
07-01-2002, 05:58 AM
I would like to say a big thanks to Harukaze for getting this sort nice one

:cool:

reaper1576
07-01-2002, 09:30 PM
Does any one know of and tutorial that can help with scripting from basic i have got much experiance of scripting so please let me know

Mirko
07-02-2002, 01:05 AM
Yes there were some deep Parts but most of it was just deep enough to get Kyle under the surface. Real Swimming like in JK 1 Seemed almost impossible to me... but i don't realley know.
Yesterday I asked a question at the Wired Lamp Studios (who are doing this coop thing) they are creating a SP TC and they said they would base it on their Coop mod, and they would release the source of it, so you could wait until this is out and than code everything you need, be it Flying enemies or people with two lightsabers.... in the meantime you could just Model, Map and do everything what is possible at the moment.

Mirko
07-02-2002, 01:07 AM
Yes, it's somewhat obvious the gravity is off, causing Kyle to fly, but the question is how does one accomplish this in-game?

I once read about a Trigger_Gravity (when i tried mapping - but i was bad at it so i stopped).

CTM_Xtortius
07-02-2002, 02:05 AM
Im interested in helping you build the levels
Ive already made one in fact: the one where you gotta defeat the man with no legs (cant remember its real name;) )

Lucko Mabri
07-02-2002, 02:12 AM
Maw! :D

jipe
07-02-2002, 03:06 AM
You can't change weapon functions in singleplayer.

Gee, guess the entire "TC" is ruined. Not that it would have gone far anyways..

The Truthful Liar
07-02-2002, 03:14 AM
Originally posted by jipe

jipe, that wasn't nesscesary, if you don't have something productive to say then please refrain from posting.

*cough* I still have that oasis map guys... all it needs are some proper textures.. *hint hint* ;)

Mirko
07-02-2002, 03:37 AM
Originally posted by jipe

Yes thats right. But you can somehow Programm a Single Player TC in the MP section of the Game. Thats what WLS is doing with the Coop Mod they are doing! They are doing a SP TC with this and so you could do too!

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=32787&pagenumber=2

reaper1576
07-02-2002, 04:04 AM
CTM_Xtortius if your in trested in joining email me with your details and anyother work you have done thanks

reaper1576
07-02-2002, 04:10 AM
Originally posted by AB_Legion

jipe, that wasn't nesscesary, if you don't have something productive to say then please refrain from posting.

*cough* I still have that oasis map guys... all it needs are some proper textures.. *hint hint* ;)
Cheers mate well ive been looking in to this and contacted raven about the sp source and sdki should know soon the coustem npc is posible if you think about it thats all ill say on the matter but just think about it everyone and read all the word docs that came with both SDK from raven and if you can go over the source code LOL :cool:

reaper1576
07-02-2002, 04:12 AM
Can every on involved in the project email me so i know whos in the team and what they are working on etc

reaper1576
07-02-2002, 08:08 AM
heres some early shots from Narshadda
Narshadda 1 (http://hometown.aol.co.uk/antonyfrn/nar1.html)
Narshadda 2 (http://hometown.aol.co.uk/antonyfrn/nar2.html)
narshadda 3 (http://hometown.aol.co.uk/antonyfrn/nar3.html)
ill out more up tomorrow im off to sleep now

Grets Sirob
07-02-2002, 08:41 AM
Originally posted by Mirko
@Grets Sirob:
"yeah, closed doors are a necessity(one thing missing in just about all games like this, maps are too linear...)."

I don't know if you did understand me right. I meant you should try to keep the Same linear way to the End of the Level, but you could add a Door leading to another "road" in the City, that never opens, but makes the City look bigger, because there Seems to be more than there is. (But it should somehow be obvious that the Player doesn't need to go there.)
Ok, you didn't understand me right(of course that could just be my poor communicational skills...)
I meant that the levels for these games have a straight path.
In other words, what cargo ship has a completely closed off section?
Meaning, you go through this cargo ship, and the only doors there are, have to be opened for you to continue.
And remember that cargo ships are big(or at least this one is...)

See?

:joreth: May the force be with you.

Harukaze
07-02-2002, 08:50 AM
If your involved, also PM me. Those of you who I know to be interested, I've already messaged you. I'm just trying to get my own record of who's on the team, and so that I can get you up with mail forwarding.

Also, as soon as everyone PMs me, I can send out an update via email, as well as let everyone know about the new forum. I'll also be working with SDarkShadow to get us a webpage in the near future.

And Grets, I understand what you mean, and I hope to handle that on the more liberal missions. We'll see how that goes when we get there, but I'm quite hopeful.

reaper1576
07-02-2002, 05:43 PM
Ok People ive just heard back from Raven and the singel player source cade is availible and has been for some time your all gonna kick your self when you all find out where it is

Mirko
07-03-2002, 03:14 AM
Originally posted by Grets Sirob

Ok, you didn't understand me right(of course that could just be my poor communicational skills...)

... or my bad english understanding...
But what i wanted to say is, if you do this TC than you should keep the Maps as they are (perhaps Adding Details and Curves to some parts) but you should not Map a new alternative Path into nar shadaa because its much bigger than the map Shows. (someone suggested this) If you want to do THAT you should think about a new Storyline, because if you change anything like that it would not any longer be jedi Knight, you should do other thing to make the City look greater,l that do not change Gameplay that much. (the "closed Doors" were a bad example, it would just give players a wrong Idea of what they have to do).

But Whatever you do, i hope you finish it... Good luck!

Harukaze
07-03-2002, 07:27 AM
I disagree. It will be the same story, most assuredly. Things may be done differently, but the story should progress exactly as before. Your viewpoint is more than understood, though, which is why we've said we're putting out multiple versions of the maps.

reaper1576
07-03-2002, 07:40 AM
The maps will be basicly the same once the basic layout is complete they will be add 2 to improve them in many way so the maps proble will be reviesed severial times to make sure the maps have the right feel to them and that we can build on the base of the maps to create more atmosphear

Mirko
07-04-2002, 03:25 AM
I disagree. It will be the same story, most assuredly. Things may be done differently, but the story should progress exactly as before. Your viewpoint is more than understood, though, which is why we've said we're putting out multiple versions of the maps.

Ok. thats Fine for me... I Think i Will Play Both, but i surely want the levels to be the same (because the gameplay was good and is still good and i would like to see what the designers could have made, if they have had this engine).
IT might still be, that we mean the same... im really not sure. (I dont want the maps to be "ugly" like the original, but i would like to have the things in the same place, same secrets enemy Placement (might be changed, cause the AI is different), I Think i will see, when there are real Screnneshots. Perhaps you should put some Images for comparing online, when you have some parts ready (Original/New Ones)

reaper1576
07-04-2002, 06:25 AM
Originally posted by Mirko

Ok. thats Fine for me... I Think i Will Play Both, but i surely want the levels to be the same (because the gameplay was good and is still good and i would like to see what the designers could have made, if they have had this engine).
IT might still be, that we mean the same... im really not sure. (I dont want the maps to be "ugly" like the original, but i would like to have the things in the same place, same secrets enemy Placement (might be changed, cause the AI is different), I Think i will see, when there are real Screnneshots. Perhaps you should put some Images for comparing online, when you have some parts ready (Original/New Ones)

I'm Hoping to do that ASAP but at the moment things are going a bit slow so at the due to personal maters but hopefuly may be a very early BETA of narshadda for testing so keep your fingers crossed cos im not promising anything on this it may be longer :cool:

VIO
07-04-2002, 11:46 AM
i don't want to be a pessimist but i need to know wat about the cutscenes how u going to do them jkii had live action cutscenes maybe u could rip the origanal ones and use them

Harukaze
07-04-2002, 08:26 PM
I was thinking that we'd just use the models in the fashion that JO does for its cutscenes. I do not believe it is possible to copy over the cutscenes, nor do I think we would be allowed to.

Besides, they're really cheesy. Do you really WANT to have those carried over? *runs like hell from all the diehard JK fans*

The_One
07-04-2002, 09:33 PM
If you rip and use material directly from the original game - you'll get the project axed...simple.

I think it will be fun doing cutscenes again - that's what we're doing for the DF mod :)

VIO
07-05-2002, 12:55 AM
yeah i doubt cp laws would allow that

Harukaze
07-05-2002, 01:23 AM
Thus "I don't think we'd be allowed to" : ) And personally, that makes me happy, cause as nice as a live-action Jan was, the acting and special affects hurt so badly I could barely stand to watch. But I had to, so I'd know the story; doing this otherwise would be slightly difficult.

*ponders* I'm also thinking of doing a slight story modification as an alternative, although I think some of the JK purists would kill me if I tried. Let's just say that I've been playing with some ideas of scripted duels between NPCs [a la Desann versus Luke, only actually scripted] and some concept ideas for the death of Yun. And hey, for all the JK purists, we ARE planning to have identical map layouts to JK along with my alternatives, so maybe the alternative version can have different cutscenes too? *ponders* Just a thought... and one for much further down the road anyway.

reaper1576
07-05-2002, 05:22 AM
Ok what im planing and hopeing to for the cutscreen are the same style of Jo but use ing the blink tools to extarct the movie it to stills and make a prefab or somthing what someone can script i hope

reaper1576
07-05-2002, 05:29 AM
Ok it would be nice to use and update the orginals but i dont think lucas will let us but i would be nice this is one to be discused propely and hopfully get an idea about this so to do this we need artists who know about creating textures for the engine and shadders

reaper1576
07-05-2002, 05:39 AM
This is one thing i want to make clear now if any people who are working on maps imports the origianl and send it to be used hey will not be used so please dont think about doing this please dont.

IMPORTANT
Anyone working on maps please use chalk and the bespin/basic texture for the surfaces that are visable

Thanks

Grets Sirob
07-05-2002, 06:07 AM
You of course mean caulk.
Chalk is something you use to draw on sidealks with...

Anyways, I think that(so there's no confusion) we should think up funky acronims for the projects.
For instance, for the exact remakes, call it P.E.R. Project Exact Remake.
I can't think of anything for the revised version, but someone could probably think of something(awaits answer...:D)

Plus, the more I think about it, the more I think it would be cool to add stuff to the old levels. I may join Harukaze on this...

I'm also thinking of contacting Major Clod, Absath and Bloodriot(see where I'm going with this?), and Oddjob.
To see if we can use their models(wookiee, the boush madel[what is boush anyway...], and some mandalorians) in our maps for more variety.
The wookiees and whatever-boush-is's would be all over the place, but for the Mandalorians, I have a different plan...

We could have(on certain levels) unofficial "boss" people(the mandalorians)
We could do some fun scripting stuff.
For instance, on the second ns level:
You could have to go through some security checkpoint thing, and there's a camera on the wall.
When you use that camera, it shows a scene with two bad guys(I'm thinking a Gran and Rodian or something like that).
A mandalorian walks in, the gran tells him to leave, mandalorian says no.
A fight breaks out(the Rodians still standing there, confident that the gran can win) and the mandalorian punches the gran(who then falls back dead).
The rodian looks from the gran, to the mandalorian, and back again.
He whips out his gun, and the mandalorian takes out his gun(bowcaster or something better...) and shoots the rodian.
Then, later on, you have to fight him(he'd obviously put up a good fight, being a boss type character...)

Anyway, what do you think?

And Harukaze, I liked the cutscenes from jk1, but I think it would be better to make them in the current engine anyway...

So, I'll contact those people, and we'll see if we can use them.

:emperor: I shall rule the galaxy.

reaper1576
07-05-2002, 08:31 AM
the cutsceens are important part of the game but i need to know will autocad work????? extra models is a thing ive been thinking about and i think it would be a good thing in some city based levels it would be good to get permission to use peoples models to add more atmosphear to level the idea for the mandalrians is a good idea to a point it could be used it something like a trail one of them sort of training thing if u get where im going (force system in JK1)

Mirko
07-05-2002, 11:02 PM

And hey, for all the JK purists, we ARE planning to have identical map layouts to JK along with my alternatives, so maybe the alternative version can have different cutscenes too?

Why not??? If the originals get redone, too, you can do that aswell. I will play both versions, but i really would somehow be disappointed if you would only do the alternative version.

You should do In game Cutscenes, only Problem will be the Ships
in Space...

Grets Sirob
07-06-2002, 03:19 AM
Yeah, that'll be tough...

Anyway, I was playing jk1 again yesterday(looking at the levels that you fight dark jedi in).
I think I'm going to make all those. Cutscenes are a different matter though...

I'm going to try the cutscene that plays after you defeat yun(for the first time). If I can't do it, well, I can't do it. I would like to make that one though, and if it's not too hard, maybe I'll try some other cutscenes...

And reaper, I don't really get where your going...

Grets Sirob
07-06-2002, 04:39 AM
Ok, I've contacted OddJob, MC, Bloodriot, and Absath.
Not much else to say, but I just thought I'd tell you what's going on right now...

Harukaze
07-06-2002, 07:39 AM
I contacted Bloodriot and Absath almost immediately after signing on to the project, and they said they were busy on something else; but I didn't think to ask simply if we could use their models as NPCs and enemies in our maps. Good thinking!

And I might have a solution for our friend Boc. He might be able to fight the way we want, but it'll take some work. Lemme play around a bit first.

Grets Sirob
07-06-2002, 01:00 PM
Harukaze, I hope to *insert item here* you figure it out.
If you do, we will all be in your debt.
I will humble myself....
Anyways...
Moving along here...

reaper1576
07-07-2002, 09:09 AM
Ok people at the moment iam working on a Project Plan with a list of whos doing what etc before it all goes to out of hand so soon as i have an early draft i will send it out to everyone

reaper1576
07-09-2002, 07:33 PM
Has anyone heard more about the hosting and whos with us on this project

Harukaze
07-09-2002, 08:26 PM
The hosting guy didn't get back to my last email, prolly cause of the vacation weekend over here. I'll email him again.
~ Michael

VIO
07-10-2002, 12:39 AM
guys i got ur answear for boc!!!! check out this link!

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=67896

its a mod for duel sabers, o cept at the moment it doesn't work in sp but there working one it

reaper1576
07-10-2002, 05:41 AM
Nice one VIO for that :cool:

Darth Exar Kun
07-10-2002, 10:47 AM
if someone tells me what progam to use i will create the saber handle except gorc and boc using thew ones at click right here (http://www.thelightsaber.com/histories1.htm)

Grets Sirob
07-11-2002, 04:13 AM
This is great news VIO!
We can do it now!
Woohoo!

Lucko Mabri
07-11-2002, 04:23 AM
uuuum sorry to hinder your progress. They cant use it for sp since it uses the source code :rolleyes:

-Lucko Mabri

Grets Sirob
07-12-2002, 08:16 AM
Hello?!
Wake up Lucko!
He said:
Originally posted by VIO
they're working on it
I think we all know it isn't for sp, YET.
Please, think before you post, read, and stop flamming(even if it was mild...)

reaper1576
07-13-2002, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by sdarkshadow

Ok i dont know if you have receved mine or Harukaze emails cos we would like to know whats going on with the hosting i dont know if ur still on your holiday or what ever but i would be nice if you could reply to your eamils and let me know in full what is happening

reaper1576
07-13-2002, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by Darth Exar Kun
if someone tells me what progam to use i will create the saber handle except gorc and boc using thew ones at click right here (http://www.thelightsaber.com/histories1.htm) Can you contact me yust email me

Harukaze
07-13-2002, 11:52 PM
I reemailed the guy from jk2edit.com, thinkin' maybe my email didn't go through. If it did, maybe he's on vacation, which is cool, so we just need to wait a little longer.

Maw is out, and I'm in the process of getting him into SP and getting him to act roughly like the Dark Jedi we all know and hate. No spin attack, unless I can figure out something I don't know yet. Inducing him to turn around in circles will be hard, but if Kyle can do it, sort of, than so should Maw be able to. Until then, I'll give him whatever I can to make him into the fearsome devil he was in JK. No Force Lightning though; I clearly remember him not using that in JK. I have an idea to make him one hell of a pain to beat, but I gotta fix some other bugs first.

reaper1576
07-14-2002, 09:20 AM
I reemailed the guy from jk2edit.com, thinkin' maybe my email didn't go through. If it did, maybe he's on vacation, which is cool, so we just need to wait a little longer.

Maw is out, and I'm in the process of getting him into SP and getting him to act roughly like the Dark Jedi we all know and hate. No spin attack, unless I can figure out something I don't know yet. Inducing him to turn around in circles will be hard, but if Kyle can do it, sort of, than so should Maw be able to. Until then, I'll give him whatever I can to make him into the fearsome devil he was in JK. No Force Lightning though; I clearly remember him not using that in JK. I have an idea to make him one hell of a pain to beat, but I gotta fix some other bugs first.
well i did the same just got a report sayingthey have read the mail but not replyed to it nice one wit maw did u get the project plan i sent u? would love to see some shots

Grets Sirob
07-15-2002, 12:27 PM
I do believe this requires a bump.

reaper1576
07-17-2002, 08:22 PM
Harukaze i got your privite message sound nice can wait to see him in action :D have you got any pics of him yet? well don with getting him sorted props to Harukaze have a gold star 4 Like the way thing are sounding 4 the bosses can u contact me with ur email coz my system whent down and im trying to get it back up and running :cool: :cool: :cool:

Harukaze
07-18-2002, 07:38 AM
Maw officially scares me now.

But he still falls to his death if he flies over a pit. So we can't do his level yet. But I'll figure it out, I promise.

For now, Maw is scary as all hell if he's got a wide open place to maneuver in. His repulsor sled, from an IC point of view, allows him to speed wherever he pleases, like he's on permanent Force Speed. It's sick. Don't expect Maw to be a pushover in the JO version.

Grets Sirob
07-19-2002, 04:52 AM
Haha!
*rubs hands together*
And so it starts...

(I think the initial buzz over this has stopped, we need to get something out to show the poeple, get them excited again...)

reaper1576
07-19-2002, 06:40 AM
Maw officially scares me now.

But he still falls to his death if he flies over a pit. So we can't do his level yet. But I'll figure it out, I promise.

For now, Maw is scary as all hell if he's got a wide open place to maneuver in. His repulsor sled, from an IC point of view, allows him to speed wherever he pleases, like he's on permanent Force Speed. It's sick. Don't expect Maw to be a pushover in the JO version.
Just want to say well done with maw props to you on that one at the mo im redoing the Narshadda map ive gone anal with it lol hopful next few weeks i will try to get a preview of it when its 50% re done can everyone involed email me my system when down and i lost all my email address plz dont say i should have backed up my pst file i did and it was corupt:mad:

Harukaze
07-19-2002, 06:47 AM
No props to me, props to Madjai and Inbredyokel; nothing I'm doing would be possible without them. I don't really consider npc crafting or even Icarus coding [unless it's fairly extreme] to be very credit worthy.

Seriously, I can't wait for Madjai's return from vacation to see what he comes up with next.

reaper1576
07-19-2002, 07:44 AM
Well you doing a good job with the npcs im gonna try to contact emon about helping out with custom npc and talk t the people who made the jedi styles mod

The Count
07-19-2002, 08:05 AM
*Ahem* bump!

Harukaze
07-19-2002, 10:01 AM
Don't think you really need to; it's really quite easy now that I have the hang of it. And if I can whip up a boss, I can whip up other NPCs. Even neutral ones, like we'd expect in Nar Shaddaa.

Speaking of which, I've downloaded two Yun skins. Going to work on getting him to be a fair boss [of course remembering that he's early on in the game]. I still hope to do the model eventually [gotta get around to buying Milkshape one of these days soon] but for now I'm sure one of the two skins I've downloaded will suffice. Hell, either one of them looks more like the actor than the JK model did ;) Going to concentrate on his lightsaber skills, but he will definately not be using any Dark Side powers. If they had the so-called Dark Jedi apprentice using Light Side powers in JK, then I intend to keep that idea running.

Grets, you said you were going to do some boss levels right? Think you can whip up a quick Yun level for me? Maw is no where's near ready to tackle his own level yet [well, I do have an idea; but lemme develop that more first], but Yun would have no problem wherever he is. And whenever we get Sariss, we already HAVE her boss level; it comes with JO, after all.

Maybe for now I'll just use that to play with Yun in.

The Count
07-19-2002, 05:07 PM
Hey I was thinking about the extra powers in Jedi Knight II MP could you implement them into the single player and that point system too.

reaper1576
07-19-2002, 06:45 PM
Cool all i can say things are starting to come to gether and are starting to look good:cool:

The_One
07-19-2002, 07:10 PM
Hi again guys, I see Maw is coming along well. Have you managed to figure out how to get NPCs to fly yet?

Harukaze
07-19-2002, 09:35 PM
Working on it, but nowhere yet. The_One, you might want to check out the Maw Released thread on the modelling board; I went into a little more detail there about my attempts at making Maw fly. It worked, technically, but... well, you'll see : )

But I haven't given up yet, either. And if everything I can do is exhausted, then I'll email Raven and see if I can get someone to respond; they've been fairly good about that as far as I know, so it can't hurt to ask.

reaper1576
07-20-2002, 05:27 AM
Ok at the moment it looks like we still need mapper and scripters anyone intrested please contact me and has anyone heard about the hosting for this project cos its getting silly now

Harukaze
07-20-2002, 07:33 AM
I emailed him a few times, dunno what happened :/

reaper1576
07-20-2002, 09:54 AM
Ok what it sound like jk2edit is messing us about after the amount of times me and Harukaze have eamiled them i have receved reports that they have read my emails but do not reply so what do people think should we look for someone ealse to host this project was thinking of asking my clan to NwO - NsO maybe if they can host this project what do people think

Harukaze
07-20-2002, 10:02 AM
Actually... I can host it myself. Wasn't planning on it, but I can. Gimme a few days to see if I can clean off some non-essential stuff from my drive and I'll see what I can do.

reaper1576
07-21-2002, 08:14 AM
Actually... I can host it myself. Wasn't planning on it, but I can. Gimme a few days to see if I can clean off some non-essential stuff from my drive and I'll see what I can do. lets see what we can sort out first then if it comes to it and your ok with it i understand abiut letting people have access to your system no one realy likes it to much but thanks Harukaze ive spoke to my clan about this im gonna try catch The game (NwO Clan leader) when he's on next on

idontlikegeorge
07-22-2002, 06:51 PM

why not put an npc block brush around the platform, so maw can float over, but kyle (the player) will still fall to his death?

you could, also, change the npc maw to be a floating "droid" class, and give him his own animation.cfg file to retain the humanoid animations he will use (if that method does work - i havent actually worked with it yet)

also, im not sure how to toggle the saber damage iif he was a droid class :o

Harukaze
07-22-2002, 07:24 PM
Wait... you mean you can make floors that only NPCs can walk on?

Well hell then, if that's true then problem solved! Flying with a saber is pretty much impossible without a new AI [as far as I have tested anyway; I tried the droid idea], so I was trying to think of how to restructure the level so Maw wouldn't die.

Now we can actually have his proper boss level! Thanks!

idontlikegeorge
07-23-2002, 02:03 AM
well, im not sure exactly, but there is a system texture called "blocknpc", possibly a brush made with this texture would act like a clip for npcs?

reaper1576
07-23-2002, 05:59 AM
Wait... you mean you can make floors that only NPCs can walk on?

Well hell then, if that's true then problem solved! Flying with a saber is pretty much impossible without a new AI [as far as I have tested anyway; I tried the droid idea], so I was trying to think of how to restructure the level so Maw wouldn't die.

Now we can actually have his proper boss level! Thanks! Yeap i think its possible i have seen something to do with this if you got both jo sdks open the sp map file and you will know what i mean

The_One
07-23-2002, 06:45 AM
Heh this looks very promising - either way for our mod we don't have to worry about a Dark Trooper falling to his death :p as all the confrontations are indoors (Besides Boba Fett).

Harukaze do you reckon once you have cracked this you could drop me an e-mail with comprehensive instructions on how to get NPCs to fly :)

Cheers!

The Count
07-23-2002, 07:27 AM
You should tell us the website for the DFII Mod ASAP

Harukaze
07-23-2002, 07:51 AM
If we had a website, I'd be sure to tell you what it is.

The One [not the One, not the One; sorry, couldn't resist... kudos to you if you had any clue what I was referencing], I think I figured out how you can get Fett to fly, but it's going to take some work and it might not look quite right.

It's always possible that an add-on to the game could include a flying Jedi and/or Dark Jedi, which would solve all our problems. We wouldn't have to fudge around our flyers at all. For now, I suggest holding off on the flying characters if you can while I try to collect my thoughts on this.

The Count
07-23-2002, 08:22 AM
Isn't there another game using the Quake III Areana engine where an enemy flies, could you not just get any ideas from that? I mean code wise it is just a theory. Also here is something that is worrying me, you know on the top of Baron's Hed that Tie Bomber tries to kill you, do you know how you will be able to deal with that? Also will you be remaking all the old weapons and will you do a nultiplayer Aggh so many questions!

reaper1576
07-23-2002, 08:35 AM
Ok i have just finished talking to my Clan Leader (The Game) about Hosting its ok with him im drawing up some stuff for him to post on the site so it looks like we will be getting hosted at NwO2k (http://www.nwo2k.net/) i will be sorting out more details asap with him.

reaper1576
07-23-2002, 08:43 AM
Ok i need every one involved in this project to contact me asap with ur details and email address here it is if you forgot it Reaper1576 (reaper_23@hotmail.com) Harukaze can u mail me a list of people working on this project asap thanks mail it to my hotmail or aol u know what the aol 1 is

reaper1576
07-23-2002, 08:50 AM
Can every one contack me with some screen shots of work in progres please to post up on the site and updates on what there working on so i can get a idea of the project status this is urgent i hope to have the hosting sorted in the next few days

The_One
07-23-2002, 10:49 AM
If we had a website, I'd be sure to tell you what it is.

The One [not the One, not the One; sorry, couldn't resist... kudos to you if you had any clue what I was referencing]

That's where my name comes from mate :) Babylon 5 - the greatest show of all time...

I think I figured out how you can get Fett to fly, but it's going to take some work and it might not look quite right.

It's always possible that an add-on to the game could include a flying Jedi and/or Dark Jedi, which would solve all our problems. We wouldn't have to fudge around our flyers at all. For now, I suggest holding off on the flying characters if you can while I try to collect my thoughts on this.

Well anything you can come up will be much appreciated. But we are a long way from getting enemies to fly - top of our list currently is textures, maps and of course the main priority is the demo...

The Count
07-23-2002, 11:25 AM
I was wondering why don't the Dark Forces and Jedi Knight TC sort of team up when making stuff you both need such as Concussion Rifle, Moldy Crow Prefab, Fists etc.

The_One
07-23-2002, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by Count_D00ku
I was wondering why don't the Dark Forces and Jedi Knight TC sort of team up when making stuff you both need such as Concussion Rifle, Moldy Crow Prefab, Fists etc.

This has been discussed before and while there are things we can share, a lot of things are very different.

Concussion Rifle - Impossible in SP without a true SDK, also very different in both games...

Moldy Crow Prefab - Already got that one done...

Fists - Already in JKII, simple script and a bind does the trick...

The flying thing is the main area over which we will share information - but any major breakthroughs that either mod makes will most likely be shared with the whole community :)

The Count
07-23-2002, 01:46 PM
You mean there will be no Concussion Rifle? Isn't there a way you can make it for MP and convert it into SP, also that Tie Bomber at Nar Shadda is bugging me will you be able to do that? I hope so!

reaper1576
07-23-2002, 02:46 PM
You mean there will be no Concussion Rifle? Isn't there a way you can make it for MP and convert it into SP, also that Tie Bomber at Nar Shadda is bugging me will you be able to do that? I hope so!
Cant see any problems with the Tie bomber all it is a m3d file can't see the problem with it???

reaper1576
07-23-2002, 02:51 PM
Ok the maw flying thing check out this file in your JO sdk kejim_post.map theres some thing intresting the so have a look it might help

The Count
07-23-2002, 04:32 PM
What about the Concussion Rifle?

reaper1576
07-23-2002, 07:33 PM
What about the Concussion Rifle?
Well at the moment where waiting on more code hopful this will be able to be done

Harukaze
07-23-2002, 07:51 PM
If I could map, I'd jump all over doing a demo, but that's not where my talents lie. Currently I'm a skinner who is moving into the field of modelling - starting with uvw unwrapping, since that's going to be something I need to do eventually, and there're two models I want enough to do the unwrapping for them if I can. I'll be purchasing MilkShape shortly and I've already got gmax.

Reaper, there's no one I have that you don't already have, so there's not much I can mail you. As for screenshots, in the next couple weeks I will be beginning Yun, so I suppose I'll be able to do a shot of him. I'm working on Maw now, but like I said I really can't claim credit beyond SP importing and "AI" tweaking, if you can even call it that. The good news is that he acts like I think he should as a boss, and that with certain advancements in the works over at Raven, he'll be even better by our release.

Okay, I know I shouldn't be asking this on this forum, but it can't hut to try ^_^ Does anyone know where I can grab avi/mpeg type format files of the movies from JK1? I'm going to want moving reference for Yun so I can do a proper job, and it'll be a pain to have to load the game every time I want to glance at him again.

Think that's about it from my end.

~ Michael

Mirko
07-24-2002, 03:10 PM
Theres a Player for Smacker Videos. Try http://www.radgametools.com, and download the Video Tools. I think you find it under bothe Smacker and Bink, because it contains both. You should be able to load and watch (and perhaps convert) the Videos from the Game. I don't really remember the Path, where the Vídeos were on the CDs, but they were simple ".smk" or ".smc" files. If not, tell me and i' ll look for their Path...

Grets Sirob
07-24-2002, 04:34 PM
Harukaze, you wanted a map of the yun fight scene right?
Sorry, I can't really contribute a whole lot now, things are happening.

Sorry, but I've gotta go float in the background for a while, ok?
I'm going to try to get my hydroball map done soon, so I can get back to my temple maps.
Then I can start, I just need time.
So don't do anything with the boss levels, I've still got them, I just can't do them now.

But there's still time, this is going to be a long project, and we should still try to get more people.

Anyway, I'll try to work on my current projects today, so I can come join the fun.
Later.

Harukaze
07-24-2002, 08:09 PM
For now [and JUST for now] I'll convert the original map from JK1. Just so I have something that is roughly the size and shape I want. Can't do that with Maw cause he'll die, but I can for Yun.

reaper1576
07-24-2002, 08:53 PM
For now [and JUST for now] I'll convert the original map from JK1. Just so I have something that is roughly the size and shape I want. Can't do that with Maw cause he'll die, but I can for Yun. If your realy ineed of it i can alway put to gether a rough map for you quickly

Andy867
07-24-2002, 10:29 PM
Well, I don't know if you guys already have a intro scrolling text, but here is something I threw together.

http://projectduality.fragland.net/Picture1.jpg
http://projectduality.fragland.net/Picture2.jpg
http://projectduality.fragland.net/Picture3.jpg
http://projectduality.fragland.net/Picture4.jpg
http://projectduality.fragland.net/Picture5.jpg
http://projectduality.fragland.net/Picture8.jpg
http://projectduality.fragland.net/Picture10.jpg
http://projectduality.fragland.net/Picture11.jpg

so, i don't know if you guys would need that, but if you do, just drop me a line at my PM, and not email address, asking for it, and leave your email address, and I will send it to ya... it is already in pk3 format, you would just need to extract it to your base folder:)

Andy867
JK2Net File Master
www.jediknightii.net

reaper1576
07-25-2002, 05:58 PM
just want to say big thanks to Andy867 for that nice one :cool:

reaper1576
07-26-2002, 10:04 AM
Hi can anyone help with this i need to models for the TC a super Star Destroyer and a Corellian Corvette and Maw with legs for the intro and the jedi thats killed in the intro

The Count
07-27-2002, 07:50 PM
It wasn't a Super Stardestroyer it was like a Superstar Destroyer.

X_Wing_Pilot
07-28-2002, 07:45 AM
I do not have any idea what kind of isd of ship the vengeance is
also to help here is a site which i think will help so you get to see all the enemies and know what to put in the TC plus it gives what species maw gorc and pic are

All the characters in JK1 (http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Cavern/3008/people.htm)

reaper1576
07-28-2002, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by X_Wing_Pilot
I do not have any idea what kind of isd of ship the vengeance is
also to help here is a site which i think will help so you get to see all the enemies and know what to put in the TC plus it gives what species maw gorc and pic are

All the characters in JK1 (http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Cavern/3008/people.htm) Yeap that it Vengeance is a super star destroyer

reaper1576
07-29-2002, 07:27 PM
think this needs a bump

The Count
07-30-2002, 09:17 AM
Bump!

reaper1576
07-31-2002, 11:26 AM
This is something i would like to talk to The One about in the near future but at the moment my times taken up with sorting out the hosting for the project

The Count
07-31-2002, 01:02 PM
I was wondering will the making the Kell Dragon pose a challenge also the Dark Forces and Jedi Knight TC could work that out together.

JediMaster_Mar
07-31-2002, 03:36 PM
I would love to help in any way i can let me know what i can do to help.

reaper1576
08-02-2002, 09:36 AM
Theres a metting for all team member on friday the 9th of august 10pm GMT (i will check that with waht i sent out in the email) i have sent out a email to everyone can people please contact me and let me know if you will be able to make it

reaper1576
08-03-2002, 10:31 PM
Think this needs a bump:cool:

The Count
08-05-2002, 03:01 PM
What about the SDK this still proves a major problem did Lucasasts release the SDK for MOTS?

ImmolatedYoda
08-06-2002, 12:01 AM
hey, ive played the entire Dark Forces series, and have them all currently installed on my computer. ive been checking this thread and the DF mod because i would really like to see them redone. so, i saw that yall were wondering what type of Star Destroyer the Vengeance is. well, according to the new Essential Guide to Characters under Jerec, the Vengeance is a Super Star Destroyer variant. if you watch the cutscenes from JK, youll see that the Vengeance is a bit different from your standard Super-Class. (i havent watched the cutscenes in a while, but i do remember that it was different). Jerec got this ship after he caused his previous ship, another Vengeance, to be destroyed. just thought id let you guys know this, even though it may not mean much.

:vsd:

Sub_Woofer
08-06-2002, 08:17 AM
Hey, I've been following your mod just recently, and It sounds really sweet. I'd love to help, but i wouldn't have a clue how to model or map.

However, if you need any 2D artists (Title menu's, screens, Logo's etc) I'm very talented in the photoshop department, and I can help with anything like that if you require it.

Anyway, back to the main point of my reply, I found this Saber hilt in another topic, its Rahn's/Kyle's from the first JK game. Its very well done, and would suit your mod perfectly (I don't know whether you already know about it, I didn't check the whole thread, sorry in advance if thats so)

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=72797

http://www.havenofrags.com/quamosity/jk2/saber_rahn.jpg

Check it out, some real talented work there.

reaper1576
08-06-2002, 08:25 PM
Ok people at this time it looks like where gonna be hosted at www.nwo2k.net or www.sithmaps.com when both sites are setup after a server move once this is done i should have more news for every one if you click on the site names you will get a error 404 at this time when there up and running i should know more

Madjai
08-06-2002, 08:39 PM
Hi guys, im back and ready to start working on Boc. i just need some help getting pictures of him, specifically his face from the JK1 cutscenes and anything other than that.

reaper1576
08-06-2002, 09:15 PM
OK i got a email from someone about that they could not view the early Nar Shadarra screen shots hope this helps everyone out

http://hometown.aol.co.uk/antonyfrn/images/nar1.jpg
http://hometown.aol.co.uk/antonyfrn/images/nar2.jpg
http://hometown.aol.co.uk/antonyfrn/images/nar4.jpg
http://hometown.aol.co.uk/antonyfrn/images/nar5.jpg
http://hometown.aol.co.uk/antonyfrn/images/nar6.jpg

Sub_Woofer
08-07-2002, 05:19 AM
I was going to grab some screen grabs of Boc for you, but I'm afraid whenever I print screen the picture comes out all garbled.

Anyone got any clues?

Oh, and reaper, I added you to my MSN. Will contact next time your online

reaper1576
08-07-2002, 06:27 AM
Originally posted by Sub_Woofer
I was going to grab some screen grabs of Boc for you, but I'm afraid whenever I print screen the picture comes out all garbled.

Anyone got any clues?

Oh, and reaper, I added you to my MSN. Will contact next time your online
Think you need radtools message me when you on and ill tell you how to do it

Sub_Woofer
08-07-2002, 06:36 AM
Ok, I've uploaded some boc reference pics for you guys ;)

I'm afraid they're not terribly good. but boc isn't featured in the game, and all the parts where he is, most of him is hidden by shadow, or they are bad pics. However, you can actually see alot more if you zoom in. Try it.

It's gonna be a tough model, but I can't wait to see the results ;)

http://www.isometric-bacon.netfirms.com/bocrefpics/bocclothes.jpg

http://www.isometric-bacon.netfirms.com/bocrefpics/bocfullbody.jpg

http://www.isometric-bacon.netfirms.com/bocrefpics/bocfullbody2.jpg

http://www.isometric-bacon.netfirms.com/bocrefpics/bocside.jpg

http://www.isometric-bacon.netfirms.com/bocrefpics/bocface1.jpg

http://www.isometric-bacon.netfirms.com/bocrefpics/bocface2.jpg

http://www.isometric-bacon.netfirms.com/bocrefpics/bocface3.jpg

They are a bit small, but you can zoom in and see stuff better. (It's all I could get i'm afraid)

If you guys need any more pics, just ask.

Also, I've found a program which lets you watch the video's of the JK CD in windows, rather than go into the game and play the cutscenes everytime you wish to watch them. The program is called "Rad Tools" and the file format the videos use are called "SMK" or Smacker files.

It also allows you to convert them to other files (such as DivX) which would be useful if you were going to put them, or clips of them in the mod.

You can download it here on their website
http://www.radgametools.com/smkmain.htm

And, if all goes well. I might be one of the new 2D artists for this mod too :) I'll submit some example pictures shortly.

reaper1576
08-07-2002, 06:38 AM
Can every one involved please email me i have asked this before to make sure the meeting on the 9-8-2002 at 10PM GMT This is very important if your not there you will be given whhats left over

LITE Jedi
08-07-2002, 03:25 PM
you know that I will be there, looking great. I have just one question, how are we planning on doing the movies/cutscenes?

-Tman

reaper1576
08-07-2002, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by LITE Jedi
you know that I will be there, looking great. I have just one question, how are we planning on doing the movies/cutscenes?

-Tman
Look like its going to be done in the game enginne at this time so it looks like it will have to be scripted but we will get it sorted

quamosity
08-08-2002, 03:03 AM
Originally posted by Sub_Woofer

Anyway, back to the main point of my reply, I found this Saber hilt in another topic, its Rahn's/Kyle's from the first JK game. Its very well done, and would suit your mod perfectly (I don't know whether you already know about it, I didn't check the whole thread, sorry in advance if thats so)

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=72797

http://www.havenofrags.com/quamosity/jk2/saber_rahn.jpg

Check it out, some real talented work there.

Hey, I noticed my work pictured in here :)
Just wanted to let the JK1 mod people know that I WILL be completing all of the jk1 saber models. I am halfway complete, having finished Rahn's, Jerec's, Sariss's, Yun's, and Gorc's lightsabers. Pic will be soon, as will Boc and Maw.

If you would like to use them, give me an email at quamosity@heavenofrags.com

Let me know

-quamosity

reaper1576
08-08-2002, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by quamosity

Hey, I noticed my work pictured in here :)
Just wanted to let the JK1 mod people know that I WILL be completing all of the jk1 saber models. I am halfway complete, having finished Rahn's, Jerec's, Sariss's, Yun's, and Gorc's lightsabers. Pic will be soon, as will Boc and Maw.

If you would like to use them, give me an email at quamosity@heavenofrags.com

Let me know

-quamosity
Hi can you email me i have tryed to contact you your email address is wrong or something heres mine reaper_23@hotmail.com

reaper1576
08-09-2002, 08:18 PM
OK just to let antone who was at the meeting thanks for showing up you know who you are, and those who didnt thanks 4 being there not much was sorted out due to ppl not showing. Harukaze madjai going to eamil you let me know hows it going with what your working on

LITE Jedi
08-10-2002, 02:45 AM
Ok reper if you see this first or the email I sent you, here it is... WE were accpeted to be hosted at www.jedioutcastmaps.com if we want it so email me at thoushaltskate@hotmail.com if we wan't it I need to know soon so that I can tell serigo.. thanks

-Tman

reaper1576
08-10-2002, 08:38 AM
OK im giveing the go ahead for the hosting over at www.jedioutcastmaps.com for now we will be hosted at some thing like this http://darkforces2.jedioutcastmaps.com we are looking for a web designer who knows about flash etc

Sub_Woofer
08-11-2002, 12:54 AM
I can help with some of the graphics for the website if you like, but I'm not much of a website designer.

I could do a half decent one though, but not JKii.net quality.

Anyway, I made a new menu for the game. It's similar to the JK2 one except the cursor is a Green lightsaber, and the colours around the JK2 logo are green instead of blue. It also features the JK2 Novel cover in the background.

I spent AGES on it, trying to make it cool with photoshop, but I never was quite happy with it. Eventually I realized to darken the edges with airbrushes and clone stamps but then I realized all the work I had done with it using airbrushes and clone stamps, could have easily just been done with a photoshop lighting filter >_<

Heres a screenie, (For some reason, its REALLY dark when I took a screenie. It's normally alot brighter, and kyle and Jerec fade into the background a bit more. Kyle's lightsaber usually emits a brighter glow also.

http://www.isometric-bacon.netfirms.com/bocrefpics/newmenuWIP.jpg

(Note. Still needs lots of work... I still have the logo, and possibly a different background. any suggestions would be appreciated, I can make more than one. For my next one, I might do a recreation of the original JK menu.)

If anyone has any idea how to get rid of that white shader on the left side behind the logo, and how to change the music in the menu sequence, Please let me know.

T-0NIC
08-11-2002, 06:49 AM
I would also like to help you on this porject!!!

I can make some maps and some skins!

reaper1576
08-11-2002, 09:37 AM
Heres some new updated shot from Nar Shadda

http://www.massassi.net/ec/images/6302.jpg
http://www.massassi.net/ec/images/6303.jpg
http://www.massassi.net/ec/images/6304.jpg
http://www.massassi.net/ec/images/6305.jpg
http://www.massassi.net/ec/images/6306.jpg
http://www.massassi.net/ec/images/6307.jpg

The lighting need some work but thats gonna be sorted soon

The Count
08-12-2002, 08:49 AM
bump

razorace
08-13-2002, 06:05 AM
Why go to the effort of recreating JK1 in the JK2 engine from scatch? With the amount of effort you're going to spending, you could make an entirely new story....

The Count
08-13-2002, 09:09 AM
Because JK 1 rocked, if you don't have anything positive to post then simply don't post.

razorace
08-13-2002, 03:37 PM
I wasn't trying to be negative. I'm just reminding you that this is a lot of effort just so you can play a game you played several years ago, again. It's kind of like everyone wanting to port Team Fortress to every FPS in existance.

Madjai
08-13-2002, 05:37 PM
actually a lot of people have never played JK1, they just went from nothing to JKO. so a good reason to make this mod is to show people what theyve missed, almost like watching StarWars episodes 1, 2 and 3 before 4, 5 and 6. it gives more background info on kyle and his previous quest to protect the valley of the jedi.

razorace
08-13-2002, 05:46 PM
Sure, but it's like totally refilming the original trilogy because the film tech has gotten better since '77.

Madjai
08-13-2002, 06:25 PM
its nothing like refilming the original trilogy, that would cost billions of dollars, many, many years and its ultimate goal would be to make more money.
this costs nothing, we are having fun by doing what we enjoy. time depends on how many people we have in our team and how smooth things run.
and the only thing we get out of this is the joy of leaving a tiny mark on a game that will enventually be forgotten.

this is much more like porting TF quake to TFC.

razorace
08-13-2002, 06:42 PM
Lucas isn't filming the new movies just to make money. He's got @$$loads to start with. I think he wanted to finish the story.

But the man hours remain the same. That's time lost to a port that could be used to make a new Katarn story. I just wanted to point that out. It's your guys' time, not mine. :)

reaper1576
08-13-2002, 09:06 PM
All im saying im putting it all down to every one feeling bitchy to day its been one of them days everyones alowed there opinion or the little rant and rave but hey ppl let keep track of the project here and no in to a flam war or some crap. we thats my peice im off to sleep im nackerd so if you want to offer help or suggestions etc feel free to yey:cool:

Chris Aturus
08-13-2002, 11:19 PM
(sorry if i miss anything in this post but theres over 200 replies and i dont feel like reading them) im working on a jerec....unless someone made one (please tell me) and i can make the site for it....i thought about doing this too. if anyone wants to help me with the jerec (u can see it in the jerec wip thread) my aim is jedimasteraturus

reaper1576
08-15-2002, 05:30 AM
Originally posted by Chris Aturus
(sorry if i miss anything in this post but theres over 200 replies and i dont feel like reading them) im working on a jerec....unless someone made one (please tell me) and i can make the site for it....i thought about doing this too. if anyone wants to help me with the jerec (u can see it in the jerec wip thread) my aim is jedimasteraturus Hi can you email me ASAP if your still intressted i mailed you dont know if you got it. Also anyone ealse wanting to help out please email me and post here just incase i dont get it.Oh yeah thes a little shot of what Tmans working on the Return to soulon early alpha shots in Editor
http://www.massassi.net/ec/images/6292.jpg
Can any one ealse can you post any Updates on the project

Chris Aturus
08-15-2002, 02:52 PM
no i didnt get the email but someone is making a jerec model and so far it looks awsome. but i can still do the site

reaper1576
08-15-2002, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by Chris Aturus
no i didnt get the email but someone is making a jerec model and so far it looks awsome. but i can still do the site
Hi cany you email me or add me to MSn if you got it and we can talk sorry about the email mix up i was half a sleep like now anyone ealse intressted please do the same thanks :cool: sorry ppl i aint been about much the last few days been realy busy with stuff and DJ i aint forgot about the files:cool:

Primesghost
08-15-2002, 11:58 PM
Hello.

I just spoke to Reaper and, though I haven't met everyone on the team yet, I have signed on as a Coder. I will also be working on the Web site (I'm a Web developer by trade). I just wanted to let everyone know that I am excited about working on this project and am very confident that I can get a lot of the feel of the original game. I regret that I might not be able to reply to any messages in htis thread until Sunday since I will be attending QuakeCon this weekend, but I will get back in touch as soon as possible.

Is there anybody on the team that's like really good with graphics? If so, please email me (Reaper has my addy) so I can get to work on a bad a$$ site. You can reach me through AIM with the screen name: primesgho (yes it's missing the "st").

reaper1576
08-16-2002, 05:48 PM
Just want to welcome Primesghost to the team nice having you aboard :cool:

Any one ealse intressted in joining up plesase contact me there are lots off possitions avalible

Mapper’s x11
Modellers
Skinners
Scripters
Coders
And people to work on Shaders and Textures

The site is coming soon people so dont worry be paitent

reaper1576
08-16-2002, 08:13 PM
Ok people we go our own forums heres the link
Dark Forces 2 Jedi Knight Enhanced Forums (http://www16.brinkster.com/primesghost/) :cool: :cool: :cool:

razorace
08-19-2002, 06:05 PM
Hi guys, I noticed something while watching RotJ for saber combat purposes. The RotJ Stormtroopers seem to have slighty different armor than in the other movies. Their shoulder pad armor pieces seem to stick out a bit more than "normal". maybe it's just the actors inside the suits but it maybe worth checking out....

reaper1576
08-21-2002, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by razorace
Hi guys, I noticed something while watching RotJ for saber combat purposes. The RotJ Stormtroopers seem to have slighty different armor than in the other movies. Their shoulder pad armor pieces seem to stick out a bit more than "normal". maybe it's just the actors inside the suits but it maybe worth checking out....
Errrr think you have lost me here can you go into a bit more detail ????:confused: :confused:

Jman3ooo
08-21-2002, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by razorace

I think you meant to post this on the Rotj Thread right?

razorace
08-21-2002, 11:36 PM
ah crappy. Sorry about that. I replied to the wrong thread by mistake. :(

Grets Sirob
08-22-2002, 01:08 AM
I am still alive!!!!

Yes, I am, really, this is Grets Sirob.

(I kinda dissapeared, like my trick? :D)

Anyways, I'm kinda ditching my other maps, and going straight to the maps for this.

Which brings me to this question:
Has anyone claimed any of the boss levels yet?

Because I'd like to do all of them, I just need the importer, and some time.

(It might help to have the jerec, sariss, boc, yun, etc. models/npcs to put in them too, but that might be just me...)

I hope to have the first yun battle map soon.

Also, when I'm done there, I may try to model some things, cause I don't want to go back to mapping...

Later!

(P.S. We forgive you razorrace.)

reaper1576
08-22-2002, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by Grets Sirob
I am still alive!!!!

Yes, I am, really, this is Grets Sirob.

(I kinda dissapeared, like my trick? :D)

Anyways, I'm kinda ditching my other maps, and going straight to the maps for this.

Which brings me to this question:
Has anyone claimed any of the boss levels yet?

Because I'd like to do all of them, I just need the importer, and some time.

(It might help to have the jerec, sariss, boc, yun, etc. models/npcs to put in them too, but that might be just me...)

I hope to have the first yun battle map soon.

Also, when I'm done there, I may try to model some things, cause I don't want to go back to mapping...

Later!

(P.S. We forgive you razorrace.)
i will talk to you when your on next about the map and stuff and our forums yey

reaper1576
08-25-2002, 06:37 PM
We have the following positions available at the time

Mapping Team
Modelling Team
Skinning Team
Scripting Team
Coding Team
Shaders, Textures and artwork Team
Audio Team
Beta Testers

Here’s the email address to contact me on for people who are interested NwO Reaper1576 (reaper@nwo2k.net) or pop over to the forums

The Forums are here
Dark Forces 2 Jedi Knight TC (http://www16.brinkster.com/primesghost/)
Thanks

NwO Reaper1576
Project Leader

ImmolatedYoda
08-26-2002, 07:55 PM
i would very gladly beta test because i dont think i could really be much help in the other departments and i am a big fan of the dark forces series and star wars in general..currently i have the entire DF series on my comp...wish i could help in some other way, but im not really qualified (yet) :)

The Count
08-28-2002, 05:42 PM
I think this needs a bump!

Grets Sirob
08-28-2002, 10:30 PM
Hey, it's me again.

Thanks for that bump.

Just thought I'd let you guys know the status of what I'm doing.
I'm currently working on level 7:The Dark Youth(Yun)
It's almost done, except for size, and textures.

And also, when I finish each level(textures and all), I'm going to release them in map pack for mp public use.

That way you can fight duels on them whenever you want.

After I finish all the levels, I might try to model, and if it works out, who knows... ?

reaper1576
09-01-2002, 03:50 PM
We are still looking for members for our team anyone intrested

The Count
09-02-2002, 07:39 AM
Yes we are come on someone sign up this project won't be as hard as the Dark Forces Mod.

The Count
09-02-2002, 07:39 AM
Yes we are come on someone sign up this project won't be as hard as the Dark Forces Mod seeing as we have nearly everything we need from it on Jedi Outcast.

The Count
09-03-2002, 09:06 PM
Bump!

inbredyokel
09-03-2002, 09:34 PM
Hey,
I may as well be considered part of your skinning team, just so you know. I skinned legless Maw and I'm currently skinning Madjai's Jerec model. I'll later be doing the legged Maw, and I'd be willing to do any of Madjai's other dark jedi if he wants me to in the future. I'm in college right now though, and time is not too abundant so you'll have to be patient with me.

Primesghost
09-03-2002, 11:23 PM
Right on man, thanks for all the help. Hey, if you're not too busy we would appreciate a "younger" kyle skin :).

inbredyokel
09-04-2002, 01:00 AM
That actually wouldn't be too difficult. I could just make a few changes to the existing skin(like getting rid of the grey hair and massive amount of wrinkles, and making him look less sad/surprised). The clothing could stand a little change too, perhaps I might take a little artistic license on that since I hate is current "uniform" so much.

reaper1576
09-04-2002, 05:17 AM
hey just pop over to our forums and sign up nice one

Sub_Woofer
09-06-2002, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by inbredyokel
That actually wouldn't be too difficult. I could just make a few changes to the existing skin(like getting rid of the grey hair and massive amount of wrinkles, and making him look less sad/surprised). The clothing could stand a little change too, perhaps I might take a little artistic license on that since I hate is current "uniform" so much.

If I remember correctly, his JK uniform was completely different. It had black pants and a white shirt. There was already a pretty decent skin built for it, but I think the shirt is a bit too white, and it should be more open at the neckline. You can find it here (http://www.jk2files.com/file.info?ID=2489)
Perhaps if you wanted to use this one as a reference, or as a base skin (with permission of course) we could tweak it to look even greater.

If you want any reference pics, just ask and I'll take them from the cutscenes for you ;)

The Count
09-07-2002, 06:46 PM
WE should make a new skin for Kyle for JK or modify the existing one that one you showed us was well crap!

Gram_Reaper
09-09-2002, 12:34 AM
Yeah i think id just make a new skin. it might look alot better

reaper1576
09-09-2002, 07:57 PM
i think this is best to reskin him it will same on the size of this mod inbredyokel have you signed up for our forums?

Primesghost
09-10-2002, 11:46 PM
inbredyokel.....

Man that is really funny :)

Seriously, I laughed for like 5 minutes. Don't know why, just one of those times when something just strikes you as hilarious.

reaper1576
09-14-2002, 08:03 AM
here you go heres the site Dark Forces 2 Jedi Knight Enhanced (http://www.nwo2k.net/df2e/) would like to say a big thanks to The Game NwO for hosting us NwO2k.net (http://www.nwo2k.net)

inbredyokel
09-14-2002, 10:19 PM
Just out of curiosity...considering the fact that I'm a team member, how do I get into the team member discussion forum? If there's a password or something that I need, you can just PM it to me.

reaper1576
09-21-2002, 10:27 AM
Ok people we have been realy bussy with the site and everything heres a update on some of the maps there coming along realy well tanks to a excellent team

reaper1576
09-21-2002, 10:34 AM
Heres a few shot of WIP by Tman of Return home to sulon

http://www.massassi.net/ec/images/6857.jpg
http://www.massassi.net/ec/images/6858.jpg

http://www.massassi.net/ec/images/6859.jpg
http://www.nwo2k.net/df2e/mappics/RTS1.jpg
http://www.nwo2k.net/df2e/mappics/RTS2.jpg
http://www.nofx.com/user/tman/RTS3.jpg
http://www.nofx.com/user/tman/RTS4.jpg
http://www.nofx.com/user/tman/RTS5.jpg
http://www.nofx.com/user/tman/RTS6.jpg
http://www.nofx.com/user/tman/RTS7.jpg
http://www.nofx.com/user/tman/RTS8.jpg
http://www.nofx.com/user/tman/RTS9.jpg

ImmolatedYoda
09-22-2002, 03:16 AM
rockin sweet...keep it up Tman or whoever...:)

Grets Sirob
09-23-2002, 04:01 PM
I have some screenshots, I should upload them and show you them.
They're of Level 7: The Dark Youth

I'll get those to you soon.

Primesghost
09-23-2002, 10:46 PM
I've already put those in the site update for tomorrow. I'll email Game the updates and they'll be online as soon as he gets them.