PDA

View Full Version : Clonetrooper Model Released!!!

Niblem
06-20-2002, 01:16 PM
Hey you guys, here it is..

http://www.jediknightii.net/files/index.php?link=file&id=580

There is one bug that I already fixed, which is where the clonecommander bot loads the skins from the clonetrooper. I'll upload the change now, it should arrive by tomarrow. But feel free to download this one anyways.. Its only a 1.5 MB file. !!

Enjoy!

Cyper
06-20-2002, 01:17 PM
not bad.

Ozma
06-20-2002, 01:22 PM
Coooooooooool!
Nice job:D

defalc
06-20-2002, 01:23 PM
Well, for the next version, custom sounds perhaps? :D

Jango_Fett91
06-20-2002, 01:25 PM
Just rated it the best for ya niblem! And whats gonna be your next project? Try making a Dash Rendar or a Han Solo skin. Or make a Clone Pilot or make Plo Koon or Kit Fisto. (Just Ideas)

ReIIiK
06-20-2002, 01:52 PM
lol Jango_Fett91, hes just finished one' let him rest, lol.

btw any chance of a re-worked head?, over all the model is awsome, currently I'm going to replace the Rebel troopers with them.

Jango_Fett91
06-20-2002, 01:54 PM
Heh, that would be awsome. But then replace stormtroops with battle droids or super battle droids

Jango_Fett91
06-20-2002, 01:59 PM
In my pack i only got the clonecommander!!!!:mad:

Angry Sandwich
06-20-2002, 03:12 PM
Nice job Niblem! I've already converted your Clonetroopers into my SP game. :D

Here are some screenshots:

http://www.ascifi.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=317326

http://www.ascifi.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=317328

Niblem
06-20-2002, 03:30 PM
Hahaha, cool... Angry Sandwich but what happened to the skins?

ReIIiK
06-20-2002, 03:33 PM
bah thats wrong, I'd put the CloneTroopers as the Rebels, and wait for the Droid model and use it for the Stormtrooper, kinda make it like the CloneWar.

peloquin
06-20-2002, 03:45 PM
yeah true, that just....wrong

hehe lol

I've changed the bespin cops to clone troopers cause I find them boring, the bespin cops that is. heh

really cool model by the way thanks

striderx2048
06-20-2002, 04:01 PM
before you release the fix for the bot typo
maybe you should look at the saber, the model is suffering from what is known saber bound to the wrong bone syndrome.
i.e. vader, fett

Angry Sandwich
06-20-2002, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by Niblem
Hahaha, cool... Angry Sandwich but what happened to the skins?

Is there something wrong with my Clonetrooper model? They look fine to me... but then again, I never saw the movie so I don't know how they really look. Are you referring to the grey area on the Clone Troopers chest?

Niblem
06-20-2002, 04:28 PM
angry: yeah looks like the texture cordinants got knocked off some how..? who knows as long as it looks fine in mp..

Yeah i heard about the saber problem.. Anyone know what the bone is supposed to be?

Angry Sandwich
06-20-2002, 05:17 PM
Hmmm... anyone else here who've converted their Clonetrooper model into the SP game having the same texture problem as I am (Grey area on the troopers chest)?

If you've converted it into the SP game, and you're not having that problem, can you please tell me how you did it? Thanks. :)

defalc
06-20-2002, 06:00 PM
Hm...we gotta get sounds for the next version...any ideas for their taunt? I don't recollect many 'tauntish' stuff from the movie. ;)

Niblem
06-20-2002, 06:29 PM
well getting sounds itself will be a task... Cause the movie isnt out yet, the commercials dont help.. The only bit of light i have for the time being is to wait until Clone wars for gamecube comes out or record my own (not likely) or maybe clone campeign's, does it have any trooper sounds?

striderx2048
06-20-2002, 09:53 PM
ask sithlord ii about the bone problem
but i know there a specific thread on it
starting by oddjob

http://64.246.44.70/~lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=60969

i found it

Jango_Fett91
06-21-2002, 01:49 AM
Can anyone tell me about the clone prob im having? I only have the clone commander!:( :mad:

Niblem
06-21-2002, 06:17 AM
Jango, 1st off do you have the model for the shadow trooper to clonetrooper conversion installed? It uses the same directory i believe. sorry your gonna have to delete it or move it for the time being. OR i have fixed a bot problem which loades the standard tooper instead of the commander, shoud be updated soon, i uploaded it last night so when ever jediknightii.net loads.

If its a icon that isnt showing up.. then you have got the first problem so delete or move the shadow trooper skin file.

If you can see both icons but get only one skin for both.. then you have my bot bug.

Hope this helps..

Niblem
06-21-2002, 06:21 AM
Oh and as for the bone tag problem.. Well I will fix it, found out why in that thread. But not right away will i release it. I'd rather fix some of the bone weight's skins and mess with the smoothing on his back (still never got that right) and then see if i can get some sounds somewhere..

striderx2048
06-21-2002, 08:11 AM
Oh and as for the bone tag problem.. Well I will fix it, found out why in that thread. But not right away will i release it. I'd rather fix some of the bone weight's skins and mess with the smoothing on his back (still never got that right) and then see if i can get some sounds somewhere..

cant anyone send you clonetrooper sounds from Clone Campaigns?

Jango_Fett91
06-21-2002, 09:08 AM
I have clone campaigns!And i love it!

One good taunt they say is ''Good guys wear white''.

Jango_Fett91
06-21-2002, 09:09 AM
Oh and niblem, you ROCK!!!!!!!

zanex
06-21-2002, 11:59 AM
Niblem the spot on the back is not a smoothing problem it looks like its a few fliped polys ,IE when the light source is on the back of the model you see a dark spot and if the front is facing the light source the spot on the back is bright ,Just flip those little suckers and your problem is gone , the mesh is doubleside so its very easy to over look ,when the mesh is singlesided the fliped polys show up as holes...hope that helps

Niblem
06-21-2002, 04:36 PM
Ok fixed the problems ex. lightsaber tag, smoothing, head texture, bot problem. This is now version 1.2 and im still awaiting for jediknoghtii.net to upload it..

For now you can get it here..

Clonetrooper v1.2 (http://www.bridge-masters.com/clone.zip)

AKPiggott
06-21-2002, 05:48 PM
I found a problem where if you go cg_thirdpersonangle 180, then point the mouse so that is looking up at the trooper, you can see in his belly.

defalc
06-21-2002, 05:57 PM
Hm, something I noticed - the model doesn't have caps, so when you cut of his head/slice him in half, you get black emptiness instead of charred flesh.

NemoX
06-22-2002, 12:30 AM
Very Nice model Niblem.

Niblem
06-22-2002, 02:32 AM
That is because I did not include caps. Alot of the other models dont include them as well. They are very Tricky as to the fact that they add to your polycount, they have to be hidden untill the limb is decapitated (sp?) and they have to match the same size as the hole. They are alot of work, and for the time being they will not be included either will the lod's. Its alot of work so i need time to get them just right..

:) Niblem :)

Daskers
06-22-2002, 04:07 AM
I've noticed that the top of the shoulder blade (coloured black) comes through the top of the white armor. Stand him still and you will see what I mean. I looked at the stormtrooper and saw why this did'nt happen on them. The lower part of the stormtroopers armor moves seperately from the top, allowing for the top to adjust.

Niblem
06-22-2002, 04:56 AM
Yes, i am aware of this problem. Trying to find a way around it.. Im not sure how they did it on the stormtrooper but on the other player models without armor all oyu have to do with the animations is load a skin on to the bone and adjust the envelope to select the verticies you need. But that allows the bone to bend the mesh as it moves. However with the clonetrooper mandalorian and storm troopers its a slightly different scenerio.. Armor does not conform to the body's movement it actually limits the ratio of movement. So on the cloonetroopers armor i had to link it to mainly one bone to prevent wierd looking deformations.. However the black cloth they wear below the armor is deformable so the shoulders, hips, and arms etc. might pass through the armor due to the fact they are skinned to 2-4 bones each. Like I said im trying to find a way around this..

Delmar
06-22-2002, 05:14 AM
I'm trying to find a way around this..

Good, because it is the only fault of an otherwise *perfect* model.

zanex
06-25-2002, 10:35 AM
bump