PDA

View Full Version : Plo Koon Model!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

ET Warrior
03-14-2002, 08:37 PM
oops, my mistake. Misunderstanding, appologies.

LOUman
03-15-2002, 02:00 AM
with a bit knowledge you can change the sabercolor of bots too...

Kinja
06-21-2002, 04:35 PM
Hey everybody, even though you may be disapointed now because there is no image of this model. Trust me this is your lucky day, cause a friend of mine is going to model Plo Koon. The cool thing is, is that this guy is a freaking amazing artist. He was my teacher, my Yoda, so to speak. I'd start looking for some images about monday 06/24. Anyways I have a feeling we are all going to be blessed with this one. Anyway, Merry Christmas, early! ;)

P.S. I will be posting all Images and Updates here under this thread. So Keep checking back.

nykel007
06-21-2002, 07:34 PM
Cool Plo is one of my fav characters. I am myself going to make a skin of him.

Jango_Fett91
06-22-2002, 01:54 AM
YIPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Kranckor
06-22-2002, 02:20 AM
Great :koon: is one of my favorite Jedi! Hey when your master is done what about a Kit Fisto model?

nucular_jedi_14
06-22-2002, 02:30 AM
insted of a gay reskin for the mon mothma model!!! that skins sucked ass!:mad: :D

nomad
06-22-2002, 02:50 AM
Plo Koon! Very cool!
Kinja, with an endorsement like that... this model sounds very promising indeed.

nucular_jedi_14,
You should definitely try to keep criticisms at a respectable level. Your statements of someone else's skin attempt should not be so irresponsible unless you yourself made it.

If we were to critique what you've shown of your grasp of the English Language, we could most likely be very insulting.

(I'm not trying to be cute by asking this next question, because you may have made some very good skins) Have you made any Skins?

-nomad

MTFBWY

Rory_Vetack
06-22-2002, 03:59 AM
Kinja,do you know of wahat version of Plo Koon he is making? Id much prefer his unique robed version (http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/plokoon/img/eu_bg.jpg) featured in "Jedi Power Battles" than the default jedi tunic and blue saber in Episode II.

nucular_jedi_14
06-22-2002, 04:34 AM
i thank that the reskin was boogus1

nomad
06-22-2002, 06:20 AM
:rolleyes: LOL

Jason_W
06-22-2002, 07:52 AM
Screw Kit Fisto. Someone should do Ki-Adi-Mundi (the other white meat)

ondraedan
06-22-2002, 07:57 AM
Sounds good to me.

/me waits

iTeM
06-22-2002, 09:25 AM
yesyesyes! we need more jedi!

iTeM
06-22-2002, 09:27 AM
btw, I'm no longer Bantha fodder... yay =D

AoD-Venom
06-22-2002, 09:33 AM
That is sooo sweet
when will we get some pics?!?
:duel:

Sinister1
06-22-2002, 09:41 AM
Great news Kinja, I wish your friend all the best in modelling this Jedi Master. Perhaps he could be the one to model the other Jedi Masters too?:)

One thing at a time though! Great to hear!:)

Kranckor
06-22-2002, 10:04 AM
Kit Fisto is so much better then, Ki Adi! What is wrong with your brain matter?

HAVE YOU THE BRAIN WORMS!!!!!!!!!!!

Droidekas
06-22-2002, 10:08 AM
Yo kinja, nice to hear the good news! And while your master is modelling Plo Koon, what do you think about getting in the masters too and starting a Saesse Tiin model? Just suggesting...

SithBrakiss
06-22-2002, 11:02 AM
NUUUUU!
Make a model of Jacen Solo!!!
That would rock!
or one of Brakiss

hehe

nucular_jedi_14
06-22-2002, 01:29 PM
i agree we need alot of people who know how ta model cause we do need more jedi!!!!!!!!!!

__CKY__
06-22-2002, 01:39 PM
:freakout:Plo Koon 0wns :lol: i cant wait for pics and everything :rofl: i wish your master the best of luck

omegapsob
06-22-2002, 03:06 PM
At last a Plo Koon Model is comming out. :) Hes one of my fav jedi. I agree with rory_vetack the plo koon in jedi power battles looks better. Hope to see some pictures soon.

Sinister1
06-22-2002, 07:52 PM
How does he look in Jedi Power battles?

Also, doesnt he supposedly have a yellow or orange lightsaber, but had a blue one in the movie? So the blue one is his real color?:confused:

lok-on
06-22-2002, 09:25 PM
I had jedi power battles and he did use a yellow saber. but he looked way better in that game than in the movies. but since movies r canons i guess the blue saber is his one.

Rory_Vetack
06-23-2002, 01:29 AM
Actually, the only reason he had a blue saber in the movie is the same reason Ki-Adi-Mundi had a blue one too, George Lucas decided that Jedi's are only to use Blue/Green sabers, while sith use Red (with of course the exception of Mace Windu, who requested the purple). So really, his saber is yellow/orange.

BradFu
06-23-2002, 01:40 AM
Originally posted by Rory_Vetack
Actually, the only reason he had a blue saber in the movie is the same reason Ki-Adi-Mundi had a blue one too, George Lucas decided that Jedi's are only to use Blue/Green sabers, while sith use Red (with of course the exception of Mace Windu, who requested the purple). So really, his saber is yellow/orange.

Since George Lucas has final say over anything and everything Star Wars, his saber is not yellow/orange, it's blue. I personally would prefer a little bit more variety in the saber colors, but the official color is blue.

remark 666
06-23-2002, 01:56 AM
I don't give a damn about the color, ingame you can choose your owns, k ?? lol

model of him would be great, can't wait to see progress (but you should of posted this when your friend had soem screenshots, what's the point of this ?? trying to get popularity ?? or something....) just wondering

Rory_Vetack
06-23-2002, 02:07 AM
Originally posted by BradFu

Since George Lucas has final say over anything and everything Star Wars, his saber is not yellow/orange, it's blue. I personally would prefer a little bit more variety in the saber colors, but the official color is blue.

BradFu, I disagree, if Plo Koon used a Yellow Saber in a lucasarts game... But then George Lucas wants to keep up with the old star wars, then that does not change his saber. The same goes for Aayla, she used a Red saber (just like Adi Galia) but to prevent confusion of what side shes on, Lucas changed it. She was in many comics before episode II so I feel her original color stands. Even though this has no bearing on gameplay, I was mainly referring to how Plo Koon dressed in JPB, which when he wore it used a Yellow saber. Many of the Jedi Council member featured in Ep[isode I had different colored sabers, but didnt use them, but for when they did, they were changed to keep the Blue/Green = good, Red = bad.

Jango_Fett91
06-23-2002, 03:16 AM
What about a Nym model???? That would be kool.

SithBrakiss
06-23-2002, 04:14 AM

But thats a bit retarded,considering some Jedi have yellow sabers,and orange ones....but thats the whole point of a jedi's training,to make a unique Lightsaber.

BradFu
06-23-2002, 04:54 AM
Originally posted by SithBrakiss

But thats a bit retarded,considering some Jedi have yellow sabers,and orange ones....but thats the whole point of a jedi's training,to make a unique Lightsaber.

Well, it all depends on how tightly you hold to what's 'canon'. As far as Star Wars goes, the only stuff that is truly 'canon' (meaning officially correct) is the stuff in the movies. Even LucasArts stuff is not officially canon, and the books and comics definitely aren't. I personally am a big fan of the Expanded Universe, so 'canon' doesn't mean much to me. When this Plo Koon model is finished, I may use the yellowish saber for him. There are, however, no Jedi in any of the movies that use anything other than blue, green, or purple.

I think it could (and very well may) be easily explained by the need to create a new lightsaber for a few people. There is 10 years of time between Episode 1 and 2, so having completely new lightsabers for several of the Jedi isn't far-fetched. Perhaps the Jedi order has even adopted new policies about lightsaber blade color between Eps 1 and 2, ie it must be blue or green, unless you're at the top of the Jedi Council, in which case you can use Purple (or maybe a color of your choosing). The Jedi order is declining somewhat, and the Republic is beginning to unravel, so perhaps they wanted more unity in the symbol of the Republic, the Jedi.

Anywhoo... of course none of this really matters for multiplayer, use whatever you like :) But for bots, single player, and npcs, it becomes marginally important. I would vote blue for that, since it's the color Plo Koon's lightsaber currently is.

El_graco
06-23-2002, 05:41 AM
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by SithBrakiss

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Then what do you call this (just to the left of obi-wans head)? REALLLLLLLLY light green

http://www.theforce.net/museum/images/Prequels/Episode_2/tt-jediarena.jpg

El_graco
06-23-2002, 05:43 AM
Oh Sh*t sorry sithbraskiss this is for bradfu

Kent H
06-23-2002, 05:48 AM
Personally, I prefer his Eps 2 look without the robes, but to be fair, I'll suggest this: Would it be possible to do like the Tyrion model and make the robe a feature that can be turned on or off?

On EU vs Cannon, Lucas, or Lucas Films, or Lucas Licensing, or all of them, have repeatedly stated that anything not DIRECTLY contradicted by the movies is indeed cannon. I emphasize directly because even with apparent contradictions, there are ways to explain something as still valid.

Besides the whole lightsaber thing is very simple: Colors don't matter. The only reasons Lucas said Blue & Green (& Purple for BMF) for Jedi and Red for Sith/Dark Jedi in the movies are (1) to help the mentally deficient (or young kids) differentiate between good guy and bad guy (plus Lucas was getting his cowboy freak-on), and (2) because those colors showed up best against the backgrounds.

SithBrakiss
06-23-2002, 05:55 AM
See?
in episode 2 they have all sorts of different colored sabers,Orange,Yellow

iTeM
06-23-2002, 06:08 AM
hmm... that picture seems a little odd. It's not just yellow sabers, but there's some teal ones too. but I don't recall seeing any teal sabers in the movie (i'm referring to the fatty with his saber pointing downwards, just next to Obi-Wan)...

Meditate over this, I will...

as you say in swedish:
Jag anar ugglor i mossen

=D

BradFu
06-23-2002, 10:10 AM
I don't beleive that that picture is directly out of the movie. I've seen the movie numerous times, and don't recall a scene quite like that. This may be an early test-composite. Specifically, note the lack of Kit Fisto and one or two other alien Jedi. I would say most likely this is an earlier shot, possibly done before Lucas decided to keep the Jedi green and blue except for Windu. You can see Plo Koon right behind Windu, and that's clearly a yellow/orange lightsaber, which points even more to this being an earlier shot. Check out Obi-Wan's lightsaber. That's not blue, it's purple, and there is no question that Obi-Wan doesn't have a purple lightsaber at any point in the movie. Also look at the left side of this picture, notice the strange outline Anakin seems to have. He's not blended with that background at all. If this WAS in the movie, that's a major screwup for ILM.

Don't get me wrong, guys, I really wish there WAS this kind of diversity in the lightsabers, I'm all for it, but the ONLY lightsaber colors we have ever seen in a Star Wars movie are blue, green, purple, and red. As it stands now, Plo Koon's lightsaber is blue. I will probably be doing blue and green for all my Prequel-era Jedi skins, but for Post-ANH skins, I plan on having lots of variety (If I ever do any post-ANH skins :) )

t3rr0r
06-23-2002, 12:01 PM
it's obviously a doctored image.

Sounds Risky
06-23-2002, 01:33 PM
Looks like a fan's representation of the scene before they saw the film. There's no battledroids surrounding them even. If you look you can even see the Geonosians in the stands still and it looks like the background has been cloned and flipped on the right side.

BradFu
06-23-2002, 01:40 PM
Yeah, my guess is it was taken from one of the Select pictures or scanned from a magazine or something. According to SW.com, there were two fully-CG Jedi in the arena battle, so a couple of these guys may have just been stand-ins like Ahmed Best with Jar-Jar.

Jango_Fett91
06-23-2002, 02:43 PM
Hey OCH, can you send me that avatar? My email is bobafett6665@world.att.net thank you!:D

NashVarkres
06-23-2002, 10:38 PM
Guys,
http://cgi.theforce.net/theforce/fanart/imageFolio.cgi?direct=Prequels/Episode_2&img=32
That image is from a Fan-Art museum. The guy who made it glued a bunch of people in and submitted it.

YoDa2k2
06-24-2002, 07:13 AM
Actualy, the jedi right behind Mace is NOT Plo, because at this time Plo is onboard a Droid controll ship with a few other jedi trying to shut down the droids..... this was originaly in the film but removed at the last second... :( o well maybe we can see it when the DVD comes out :D

BradFu
06-24-2002, 08:28 AM
Naw, that's Plo Koon back there. You can see one of the big cinnamon bun doowackies that are on the side of his head. This picture comes partly from the scene when Dooku is addressing the surving Jedi, when Plo Koon IS there.

See what we've resorted to, Kinja? Strange, barely related discussions, cause we all want to spend time in this thread, waiting for the first shots of the Plo Koon model to appear :D

Rory_Vetack
06-24-2002, 08:51 AM
Naw, that's Plo Koon back there. You can see one of the big cinnamon bun doowackies that are on the side of his head. This picture comes partly from the scene when Dooku is addressing the surving Jedi, when Plo Koon IS there.

Sorry to disagree, BradFu, but it is highly unlikey that that is Plo Koon, he has a Much more wrinkled, twisted and otherwise oddly shaped head (http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/plokoon/img/movie_bg.jpg), and what you see there is smooth, it actually looks like the back of Sasee Tin's (behind Obi-wan in pic, no clue if spelled correctly) which could happen since this is a doctored image.

SS_Sniper
06-24-2002, 08:57 AM
Nope thats plo you see him run in to join them.

BradFu
06-24-2002, 09:00 AM
You're right, that's Tiin. This sure would be embarassing if it was an actual ILM Shot :D

Rory_Vetack
06-24-2002, 09:12 AM
BradFu, which version of Plo Koon do you want more? His simple Jedi Tunics ala Episode 2, or his Robe like in JPB (also, the robe he wears in the game is different then other jedi robes, on account its more like a nightgown, not a jacket http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/plokoon/img/eu_bg.jpg)

CheshireKat
06-24-2002, 11:33 AM
Now look what you've gone and done Kinja! Two pages long and not even a Model Pic yet..............

hehe

omses
06-24-2002, 01:50 PM
Rip zam winkle!!!!!

:confused: :confused: :confused:

BradFu
06-24-2002, 02:02 PM
While I wouldn't mind seeing a robed Plo Koon, my personal preference is probably uncloaked, as he was in the Arena in Ep 2. The reason for this is I figure the Jedi should be in the clothes they would be most likely to fight in. However, I don't prefer this version very much more than robed, whatever version the modeller wants to do is great :D

nucular_jedi_14
06-26-2002, 01:18 PM
like on the tyrion model, were u can switch from robed to battle wear as u please.

Jango_Fett91
06-26-2002, 01:38 PM
Cant wait for the Plo Koon Model Any Longer!

Kinja
06-27-2002, 03:44 AM
Well guys, I've got the first images of Plo Koon, and I must say, I don't think anyone will be dissapointed. Its better than I even imagined it would be:) Anyway, I'll let you guys be the judge. Only problem is. I need someone to help me out with aplace to host the Image:( So as soon as I find a home for the image, I'll put it up :D

skater_craigd
06-27-2002, 04:07 AM
iknow u'll probably be annoyed me asking you, but can you somehow get me to start modelling, ineed to get better at it, but i really dont get how some people do it just over nite, yes of course practis but ive dun litle things like half a head and a few weapons, but ineed real help, from people like you and hopefully you can help me,

can you email me or something if you can, just reply here saying yes, then ill post it up... be very thankful, craig xx

Nanodagiardino
06-27-2002, 04:32 AM
I can upload the file. I have 50mb on university server, Huge bandwidth, no popups.

t3rr0r
06-27-2002, 06:28 AM
/me awaits said images :)

Jango_Fett91
06-27-2002, 06:30 AM
Originally posted by Kinja
Well guys, I've got the first images of Plo Koon, and I must say, I don't think anyone will be dissapointed. Its better than I even imagined it would be:) Anyway, I'll let you guys be the judge. Only problem is. I need someone to help me out with aplace to host the Image:( So as soon as I find a home for the image, I'll put it up :D

PLO KOON is coming to town!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

JiPInSane
06-27-2002, 06:57 AM
I cant wait... Anyone know a good place to host stuff?

Nanodagiardino
06-27-2002, 07:26 AM
I am speechless, now I understand why he is your master Kinja

PLO KOON (http://minestudents.pc.unicatt.it/2001/aolcelli/plokoon.jpg)

t3rr0r
06-27-2002, 07:29 AM
Originally posted by Nanodagiardino
I am speechless... take a look yourselves!

/me is extremely amazed

inbredyokel
06-27-2002, 07:37 AM
Whoa....that's just eerie. I can't even imagine what it will look like skinned.

BradFu
06-27-2002, 08:58 AM
WOW! I'm very impressed. If skinned properly, this is going to be mind-bogglingly good :D

Nanodagiardino
06-27-2002, 09:01 AM
Good thing his garb is pretty simple, the polycount on the face must be impressive. I am Re-impressed, never quite saw something so detailed.

gholam
06-27-2002, 09:09 AM
Im on my knees, thats so good

JiPInSane
06-27-2002, 09:10 AM
That is Amazing... You kick ass!

Sinister1
06-27-2002, 09:14 AM
OMG, that's unbelievable!!!

Kinja, your friend truly is talented, i can't wait to see this model skinned, this is going to be one heck of a model!

FeurGrissa
06-27-2002, 09:40 AM
hehe i hate to be the whiny biotch here, but he is going to do the body too right?

hehe yeah and i would like to see the polycount on that too :)

Kinja
06-27-2002, 10:24 AM
Well, Hes knows the specs. And trust me it will look awsome when done and will also be within specs. Body and all, hehe.

Darth Knight
06-27-2002, 10:44 AM
Kit Fisto Rocks!

Oobedoob Benobi
06-27-2002, 10:46 AM
Wow! That is amazing! Is this thing going to have LODs?

Sounds Risky
06-27-2002, 10:51 AM
This deserves 5 stars.

nucular_jedi_14
06-27-2002, 11:09 AM
that's fluckin awsome!!!!!!!!

Delmar
06-27-2002, 11:28 AM
oh happy day! sweeeeet

nomad
06-27-2002, 11:34 AM
Hats Off!
Man, these models just keep getting better and better!
All this great work is so inspiring...

Who is going to do the skin? Same as the modeller? Who is this masked man?

-nomad

May The Force Be With You

Kinja
06-27-2002, 12:37 PM
There are 1100 polys in the head which is about exactly the same as my Yoda model:)

Jango_Fett91
06-27-2002, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by OCH
This deserves 5 stars.

It does!!!!!:D :thumbsup: :smirk2: :laughing: :koon:

Jango_Fett91
06-27-2002, 12:45 PM
Here are those refrence pics. (One of them is a fan art imatating Obi Wan from episode 2.

http://images.google.com/images?q=Plo+Koon&ie=iso-8859-1&hl=en

Sinister1
06-27-2002, 01:09 PM
www.starwars.jediknights.co.uk/ Characters/plokoon.htm

thats a good one of him.

Kinja
06-27-2002, 01:42 PM
Hey ya'll, heres a statement from the maker of Plo Koon:

"Hello there, I have a couple of things I would like you all to know: First,
a completed PLO KOON mesh should be finished by early next week (sorry it
can't be any sooner but I do have other modeling duties which come first,
though there is nothing more fun than Star Wars). Texturing or "skinning"
will be taken care of soon after. Second, I've talked to Kinja on several
occasions about doing a model for JKII, and he and I have gone over the
polygon restrictions. Rest assured that when PLO KOON is finished he will
be within the proper poly budget. In fact, he is coming along very
smoothly. His head, which I have released a screenshot of, falls into my
personal 1/3 of the polys for the head, 2/3 of the polys for the body
scheme. Relax, everything is fine. Finally, I'd like like to say that
though I will not be posting (save, an occasional message relayed through
Kinja, like this one) I do read the posts often and I am aware of the
costume differences. Here's where you come in. I would like to know which
costume you folks (the ones who want to see this model happen), would like
to see modeled. Will it be robes or no robes, or something else? So for
those of you who want a say in the creation of this model, make sure you get
your vote to Kinja, and when I sit down on Sunday (6/30) at 7:00 to model
the body it will be the one that you wanted (that is, if you're in the
majority). Thanks."

Sinister1
06-27-2002, 01:59 PM
Thanks for the Update Kinja and Kinja's friend;)

On the topic of robes or no robes...tough to say. Personally, I really like the way he loked in the Arena in Episode 2, with his robes. It seems as if the Jedi Masters more so wear robes, unless they get into a REALLY intense battle and the robes start bothering them.

Here is an image with him in robes.

http://www.sithclan.net/episode2/arena.jpg

Thanks for making this model and keep up the great work, this could turn out to be the best model yet;)

ibballin
06-27-2002, 02:12 PM
all i have to say is Kinja you did it again!

Sounds Risky
06-27-2002, 02:15 PM
Isn't it possible to make both? If I had to make a choice though I'd go for without the robe.

Ansible
06-27-2002, 02:20 PM
Sweet! Can't wait for an update! :koon:

BradFu
06-27-2002, 02:22 PM
I'm going to vote for In-Robes, if that's what he wears in the Arena, those must be his fighting-clothes of choice :) It looks the most Plo Koon-ish :D

Kinja
06-27-2002, 02:30 PM
Well, I think there all cool, but I would say thier all equally Plo Koonish, seeing how they are all... well, Plo Koon:) But I guess we'll let the vote decide!

Sinister1
06-27-2002, 02:44 PM
I'm going to vote for In-Robes, if that's what he wears in the Arena, those must be his fighting-clothes of choice :) It looks the most Plo Koon-ish :D

Theres something about him in robes which makes him look more like an established Jedi Master....can't put my finger on it.

Also, this question may be coming way early, but will there be plans to allow this PLO KOON model to have full bot support and possibly a SP mod to allow to play with/against him in SP?

The Rel)ee(V)eR
06-27-2002, 03:13 PM
Definately Robe...

nucular_jedi_14
06-27-2002, 05:23 PM
to switch from robe to area wear!:koon: :koon: :koon: :koon: :koon: :koon: :koon: :koon:

Nanodagiardino
06-27-2002, 05:37 PM
No robes.

The robes are very cool, but I don't like the way the engine handles robes. I like robes better but without the robes it would animate better, clip less, deform less, etc.

Harukaze
06-27-2002, 07:11 PM
See, personally, I agree with BradFu [for the exact same reason actually]. Once enough models are done I plan on tossing them into the Geonosis Arena and see what happens. Thus, robbed would be nice... but I have to agree with Nano from a technical standpoint. So with heavy heart I add my voice to the no-robes vote.

Although, if both could be done, without putting too much strain on a man [woman?] who seems to have professional commitments to keep, seeing both versions would both be nice and would allow for a whole multitude of reskinning possibilities.

There are, of course, more Kel Dor than our friend Master Plo Koon. The no-robes version could be used for more un-Jedi-like skins as well as some Jedi, and the robes could be used occasional formal Jedi attire.

t3rr0r
06-27-2002, 07:23 PM
i'd like to see the robed version. for reasons, see above. :)

JiPInSane
06-27-2002, 08:03 PM
I personally have not seen Plo w/o his robes... So I think it would be quite difficult to make if you dont have a pic to go by... Correct me if Im wrong...

I would have to see Plo w/o His robes before I can vote tee hee.

t3rr0r
06-27-2002, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by JiPInSane
I personally have not seen Plo w/o his robes... So I think it would be quite difficult to make if you dont have a pic to go by... Correct me if Im wrong...

I would have to see Plo w/o His robes before I can vote tee hee.
http://starwars.hasbro.com/toyshowcase/item.cfm?sku=84868&x=18&y=2

Delmar
06-27-2002, 08:29 PM
ROBES

The Librarian
06-27-2002, 08:37 PM
Please do both!

Amazing model Kinja's chum..... its so good it almost doesn't need skinning ......

- The Librarian

Blades006
06-27-2002, 08:52 PM
This model is going to be amazing!!!

-Chrono_MOT-
06-27-2002, 08:56 PM
If someone wants to post a reference pic (or email it to chronofanatik@yahoo.com) I will attempt to make his saber hilt.

Droidekas
06-27-2002, 11:37 PM
WITHOUT ROBES

Robes are so unrealistic in JO! Plo Koon looks better in robes, I agree. That's his fighting clothing of choice, I agree also. But he wasn't flipping/running/jumping around like crazy in the arena. Play and look at monmothma and tell me if that looks realistic. Robes look nice when static or little movement. Than there is the clipping.

PIo Koon
06-27-2002, 11:40 PM
man ive loved :koon: ever since i saw him in Episode 1 and Jedi Powerbattles...this model means alot to me =OD

but anwyay...i was thinking...i know it might be more work(cuz im making a mod for C&C Renegade and doing more modeling for something simple isn't always easy) would u mind doing robed AND unrobed...i mean yea we all might say we would like robed or robed...and come time for the model we would enjoy it for a while...but then wonder if the other version would look any cooler(not saying any of them would NOT be cool)

being a modeler myself i know it takes time to get something good...and u didn't have to ask us what we wanted and u could have done what u wanted to do...and i think we all appreciate u letting us decide what we think is best...but if both model versions were made i think everyone would be happy and ud be very popular with the community ;)...but i think u are already popular with us heh

i mean couldn't the unrobed be made...then for robed u make another model piece...make it to look realistic...then go back and delete the inside mesh that won't be used...merge the verts so its one model and thers both versions?(yes i know its not that easy) =OP

anyway i know no one is going to read a really long post so i'll end it here...but if i had to choose i think that Plo Koon looks BEST in robed, and in unrobed his head just looks...big?..i dunno the descrip for his but it looks to humanoid with an alien head...robed giving it a more "mysterious" look to him:koon:

Klorel
06-27-2002, 11:47 PM
incredible head. i say model him wearing whatever he wears in the fight on geonosis and be done with that debate.

VIO
06-28-2002, 01:34 AM
hhahaha THUMBWARS great movie

JiPInSane
06-28-2002, 03:30 AM
I dont even give a sh|t then as long as your making Plo makes me happy :) :dozey:

WhiteShdw
06-28-2002, 03:31 AM
I have to agree with Nanodagiardino. The robes look cool in the movie, but i don't like how it looks in the game. So, unless you can make it look good in the game, i have to vote for no robes. Besides, I think Plo Koon looks very cool in his Jedi outfit as well.

KOP_+GOD'sLion+
06-28-2002, 03:43 AM
Yep i agree with that , robes are too much hassal.
http://starwars.hasbro.com/toyshowcase/item.cfm?sku=84868&x=18&y=2

adillon
06-28-2002, 03:49 AM
i gotta go with the NO ROBES vote. although they seem to be the "uniform" of a jedi master, they look a little restricting nonetheless, especially during a fight. i think plo looks very cool sans robe - just like the action figure shows.

the head is amazing! kinja, hopefully your friend will check out this thrad and see the overwhelming excitment of this project. if not, be sure to inform him that we are totally and completely in awe of the work he has produced.

unnamed friend of kinja, you kick @$$!

Kranckor
06-28-2002, 03:50 AM
No robes :D

JiPInSane
06-28-2002, 03:55 AM
How are you gonna do this? he didnt say a word in the movie so .... yah =/

Harukaze
06-28-2002, 06:20 AM
He's a silent protagonist kinda Jedi. And his species can communicate telepathically. So he doesn't need a taunt; he's intimidating enough as he is, after all.

genthar
06-28-2002, 07:18 AM
Yes, and in the comic books, his speech bubbles are drawn differently and his text is in italics so show how much different his voice is from other humanoids.

JiPInSane
06-28-2002, 07:52 AM
I see... :koon: :koon: :koon: :koon: :koon: :koon: w00t!. I cant wait!

-Chrono_MOT-
06-28-2002, 08:07 AM
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/dortiz2k1/saber4.jpg

I want that model finished so people can use my hilt :P

nomad
06-28-2002, 12:46 PM
Since you're giving us a vote:

ROBED!

I do hope you choose which ever challenge you desire more.
I don't have any problems with the way robes are in the game, and I definitely like the way Plo Koon looks in his robes.
I'll also suggest investing twice as much time and making the model with and without the long robes. (Isn't that nice of me?)

Best of luck!
And once again... Who is that masked man?

-nomad

MTFBWY

DarthDarth
06-28-2002, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by Nanodagiardino
I am speechless, now I understand why he is your master Kinja

*Blinks* Holy freaking mother of Jesus........um wow. I've always wanted a Plo Koon, but i never knew you could make one so good.

Robed....yes or maybe both. you ccould do like a Tyrion thing and be able to turn on and off robed version *shrugs* best of luck

DarthDarth

DarthDarth
06-29-2002, 06:58 AM
I hate to do this but Pol Koon is da man so

as they say

EL BUMPO

BradFu
06-29-2002, 07:28 AM
I'm going to adjust my vote slightly. If possible, Robes that can be removed like Tyrion. If not, Robed :)

One reason I'd like to see him robed is so he can be used for potential Jedi Council cutscenes for SP mods. I think accuracy is a good thing, as well, and he is never seen w/o robes in the movies. I think as long as it's done well (and there's no reason to expect it to not be done well), robes will look great in-game :)

Jason_W
06-29-2002, 07:48 AM
Is there actually a model? Frankly with 3 pages of posts and no pic I'm a little doubtful.

JiPInSane
06-29-2002, 07:51 AM
actually there is a pic of the head .... if you read this post.

A long wait can be good sometimes.. it meansk the modeler is trying hard to make it the best he can.. dont rush him.. he has done a really kick ass job so far

Oobedoob Benobi
06-29-2002, 07:54 AM
http://minestudents.pc.unicatt.it/2001/aolcelli/plokoon.jpg
If you looked on the second page the link was there. The reason why there isn't a body yet is because the maker doesn't know if he wants to make it robed or unrobed.

Master Burner
06-29-2002, 07:55 AM
Originally posted by Klorel
incredible head. i say model him wearing whatever he wears in the fight on geonosis and be done with that debate.

agreed :D uuh can't wait for a Plo Koon Model ;) his is my favorite from the beginning where i saw him in JPB and EP1 :D

Nanodagiardino
06-29-2002, 08:24 AM
Don't forget to vote your robes preferences in the "plo koon robes dilemma" poll!

DarthBob
06-29-2002, 02:47 PM
I love Plo Koon so I couldn't care less how Plo turns out. I would go for the ROBES...However a few points were made about animation, etc. So I'd go with no robes. But if there's a MASTER for KINJA. ((Kinja is about as good as I can imagine someone getting so anything more is amazing)) Then maybe Kinja's bud can figure something out for Plo to not get to distorted. So it all depends on what Kinja's bud can do, if he can make Plo look good with a robe, then go for the robe!! Otherwise I'll go no robe.
I'm excited about Plo! I just hope he looks awesome!! Keep up the GREAT work!!

Lucko Mabri
06-29-2002, 03:41 PM
I think the first priority is to make 'NO ROBES'! I say no robes because it will take a lot less time than 'Robes'. 'Robes' can be done at a later date. for now we just want to play plo koon in the game. I'll say it again. Make a no robes then release. Make a robes and release after.
Thankyou :D

-Lucko Mabri

philemon
06-30-2002, 12:06 AM
Taunts anyone? Well i have them right here. I ripped some Plo Koon taunts from Clone Campaigns. They are good ones tooKinja if you want to hear these let me know so i can e-mail them to you or e-mail me. and ill send them. malachi212@hotmail.com
here is what each one says:

I am PLO KOON!
My saber is ready!
In the name of the Republic!
I will show NO Mercy!
I seek Justice not vengence.
My only weapon is the force!

so pick your taunt for this wonderful model!
also anyone else that wants them to hear what they sound like tell me.

SithLord Maul
06-30-2002, 12:21 AM
I think he should have no robes and just the tunic and pants so he doesnt look like mon mothma AHHHH!

CheshireKat
06-30-2002, 12:51 AM
That headmodel is absolutely beautiful!

Great Work!

El_graco
06-30-2002, 02:34 AM
I think that no matter what we decide it will be brilliant. If Kinja says his mate is good then he MUST!!! be good.

I think that he should be ROBED and his taunt should be

My only weapon is the force! (the one philemon is suppling)

N e way good work on the head and good luck on the body work

:koon:

Harukaze
06-30-2002, 02:45 AM
I agree, "My only weapon is the Force" sounds much more like Plo Koon. "I will show no mercy" just doesn't sound right to me.

BradFu
06-30-2002, 03:09 AM
I personally would prefer no vocal sounds for Plo. If vocal sounds ARE used, they should be run through some kind of distortion that makes it sound more other-wordly than just words. Philemon, if you can e-mail them to me at bradfu@msn.com I'll put them up at my site so everyone can have a listen :)

JiPInSane
06-30-2002, 03:58 AM
I would really like to hear these sounds... I agree with bradfu about the "no sounds".

nomad
06-30-2002, 04:14 AM
One Question for Kinja and His Master,
Will you be using THIS thread or the POLL THREAD that someone else made, to determine the results of the "robed or no robed" question that You have started?

I just thought it would be good to clear that up for any one else that is interested in voting and or confused.

Another Q

Will this model use any invisible poles? :p

-nomad

MTFBWY

Kinja
06-30-2002, 04:56 AM
Well, since there was a poll made, we will just use that, so go vote if you hav'nt. And vote unrobed, cause this guy does awsome cloth and I can't wait to see how cool that uniform will be if he does it. UNROBED!!!

Nanodagiardino
06-30-2002, 05:26 AM
Originally posted by nomad
One Question for Kinja and His Master,
Will you be using THIS thread or the POLL THREAD that someone else made, to determine the results of the "robed or no robed" question that You have started?

I just thought it would be good to clear that up for any one else that is interested in voting and or confused.

Another Q

Will this model use any invisible poles? :p

-nomad

MTFBWY

I started the poll because I figured that if everyone would post a robe unrobed post, we would have about 3-4 pages of uselless posts quite messy. But we have only 50 votes in the poll up to now. I was sure that there were more than 50 frequent "modelling forum" users! Anyway I voted UNROBED, difinetely unrobed!

philemon
06-30-2002, 07:45 AM
Back to the taunts that i posted above. BradFu will post the taunts on his site so everyone can hear them so until then what do you think? do you think any of them will suit Plo Koon or do you think he should be silent?

BradFu
06-30-2002, 08:21 AM
Here are the files Philemon sent me:

http://windu.cjb.net/plokoon/onlyweapon.mp3
http://windu.cjb.net/plokoon/shownomercy.mp3
http://windu.cjb.net/plokoon/justice.mp3
http://windu.cjb.net/plokoon/iamplokoon.mp3
http://windu.cjb.net/plokoon/republic.mp3
http://windu.cjb.net/plokoon/saberisready.mp3

I personally think the pitch is too high for what I picture as Plo Koon's voice. The distortion is metallic, also, which implies he's speaking through the breather on his mouth, I dunno about that. What do you guys think?

Kinja
06-30-2002, 08:21 AM
Why shouldn't he have a taunt, I'm mean if those are things hes said before in a game or whatever then I say hell ya he should have a taunt. I dont think people really know enough about him to say that its more suiting if he doesnt talk, just because he doesnt say anything in the movie. Hell, I bet hes a hoot if ya get him drunk, lol. And I've heard people say that, obviously his robes are his favorite fighting attire. I mean for all we really know, that might have been the first time he ever fought in those digs. Then, who knows, maybe he went home that night and thought, "ya know what, these robes suk balls when it comes to fighting in them. Anyway, just my 2 cents, hehe.

BradFu
06-30-2002, 08:23 AM
The reason I was saying he shouldn't have a taunt is because according to the information we have on him, he doesn't speak except telepathically. If he DOES have a taunt, I think it should have a lot of reverb in it so he doesn't sound like he's simply speaking, but projecting his words to you.

Kinja
06-30-2002, 08:45 AM
I'm cool with that. Maybe somone could take the ones that somones got and add an effect to it.

BradFu
06-30-2002, 08:51 AM
Those are pretty cool sounds, but I'm thinking Plo should have a deeper 'voice'. My vote is entirely new sounds that the reverb could be applied to. I think I'll try to record some stuff when I get home from work and see if it turns out any good.

JiPInSane
06-30-2002, 08:56 AM
yeah I agree with Bradfu 110%.
:D
if he does mostly speek telepathically... well I think you know what im going to say next. Those are ok taunts... but I cant picture Plo saying em =/

Andy867
06-30-2002, 09:06 AM
Correct me if I am wrong, its True Plo Koon speaks mostly with the help of telepathy, but in AOTC, did he not say to Padme about dooku that, " He is a political Idealist, not a murderer." I could be wrong, but then again, whats new? But then again he speaks in Episode 1 to anakin about how "your feelings dwell on your mother." but everyone is right, he doesn't verbally speak much...

This may be off hand, but did anyone question why Gabriel Byrne wasn't in AOTC, when the official trailer showed me being in it... ?

JiPInSane
06-30-2002, 09:21 AM
No that was Kai-Ai Mundi... (sp hehe) hes the dude with the cone shaped head.

DarthDarth
06-30-2002, 09:25 AM
Ok I just remixed my fav taunt it sounds more telepathy I think tell me what you guys think =)

http://www.geocities.com/darth_pnut

Just click or save the thing that says taunt, should work fine now

dane
06-30-2002, 09:30 AM
DUDE ITS A BROKEN LINK.

DarthDarth
06-30-2002, 09:37 AM
Its not working I uploaded the file once and then made a link in my HTML cod eif i load the page from my file manager it shows the link but if I make a link to my site It does not show, if some one could host the sound file it would help a lot thanks

DarthDarth

<EDIT> maybe it will work from here *sigh*

http://www.geocities.com/darth_pnut/Index.html

</EDIT>

t3rr0r
06-30-2002, 09:39 AM
... kinda need a url to the actual file.

JiPInSane
06-30-2002, 09:41 AM
yeah I dont see it anywhere on that pg. either. =/

DarthDarth
06-30-2002, 09:41 AM
sorry about all my stupid and crap but this link is working fine go onto the page and click taunt or right click on it to save the save file

http://www.geocities.com/darth_pnut/Index.html <--Has the taunt

JiPInSane
06-30-2002, 09:44 AM
Still dont see it...

JiPInSane
06-30-2002, 09:45 AM
Nm see it now... sorry about that =/... btw... if it just me or can you hardly understand him?

DarthDarth
06-30-2002, 09:46 AM
Um never mind it works woot

he is saying "My only weapon is the force"

It sounds fine to me but I made it hehe

DarthDarth

JiPInSane
06-30-2002, 09:50 AM
Its to... Oh i dunno the word... but It just sounds.. very strange.
too techy sounding...

Xenogear
06-30-2002, 09:53 AM
I think the taunt would be very annoying after hearing it more then once.

Tap[RR]
06-30-2002, 09:55 AM
To be blunt. It sounds like a retarded pit droid talking about his wrench. Its just that bad, skip that, and plo koon DOESNT speak telepathicly, the official starwars site says he talks. Maybe in the comics they say that, but we all know how those damn comics change and screw everything up. :rolleyes:

Oobedoob Benobi
06-30-2002, 10:11 AM
Yes I agree with both Tap and Xeno. I would much prefer Plo Koon to have a non-irritating taunt.

BradFu
06-30-2002, 10:41 AM
As promised, some home-made taunts that sound like I've always imagined he might sound like.

http://windu.cjb.net/plokoon/plokoon1.mp3
http://windu.cjb.net/plokoon/plokoon2.mp3
http://windu.cjb.net/plokoon/plokoon3.mp3

Opinions? If you like the voice, but think you have a better idea for a line, let me know, I can do it, since those taunts above are just me, my laptop, and some software :)

philemon
06-30-2002, 10:50 AM
Bradfu: your taunts are pretty good for Plo Koon
Im just wondering if everyone else thinks the same as you

Philemon

Oobedoob Benobi
06-30-2002, 10:58 AM
Nice BradFu! I like plokoon3 the most out of the taunts you have done so far. Just and idea for a taunt is "Your demise is inevitable."

BradFu
06-30-2002, 11:16 AM
Ask and ye shall receive

http://windu.cjb.net/plokoon/plokoon4.mp3

Oobedoob Benobi
06-30-2002, 11:19 AM
Yah I think that sounds cool! Thanks BradFu!

BradFu
06-30-2002, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by philemon
Im just wondering if everyone else thinks the same as you

Yep, exactly. This is how I picture his voice, others may picture it much different. If anyone can describe how they think he should sound, I can give that a try too :)

Oobedoob Benobi
06-30-2002, 11:34 AM
I think BradFu has the sound right. It souds like the voice for the Protos from Starcraft.

pud1
06-30-2002, 11:35 AM
since he uses that oxygen mask to breath maybe he should have a breathy sound. Not like vader, but maybe just a suggestion!

BradFu
06-30-2002, 11:47 AM
Well, Plo Koon doesn't actually speak, he communicates telepathically, which is what I was going for with the sureallness of my recordings :) That's why the Clone Campaigns sounds don't really work, they're too metallic because one of the creators of that expansion pack apparently thought Plo speaks through his mask.

Klorel
06-30-2002, 12:27 PM
well the protoss are telepathic too, if it sounds distorted, it will be like they are hearing his telepathic messages, its not like they are animating his mouth (does he even have one!?) so it could be telepathy in the form of sounds you think you hear. protoss-like sounds would be great.

inbredyokel
06-30-2002, 12:29 PM
To me, the voice still sounds a bit too....robotic. I like the depth that it has(maybe a bit too deep, though), but I always imagined telepathy as sounding more echoey and calming, like in a dream. Kind of how it sounds when Ben says "Luke, use the force" during the first death star run, but with more distortion and echo. The current effect kind of makes me wonder if plo koon is possessed ;) . It just seems a little angry and demonic, and thats not what I think of when the term jedi comes to mind.

Kinja
06-30-2002, 12:33 PM
Whats up guys, I can't understand why this thread only has 4 stars...

Oobedoob Benobi
06-30-2002, 12:35 PM
I fixed that for you :-)

Klorel
06-30-2002, 12:36 PM
I think the reverb sounds fine. maybe do a little bit of an accent though, he sounds too old ben kenobi-ish. Maybe a mix between Boba Fett, an Irishman, and the reverb you got going on. I guess it would be a deep raspier version of the lucky charms guy. Its worth a try. Heck, why can't telepathic aliens have accents? but your definitelly on the right track with the protoss thing. thats what i think of when i think telepathy (for males). for females, it would be more like inbredyokel described, but i believe plo koon is male... then again, how would we know. most of you think mon mothma is female! lol.

Oobedoob Benobi
06-30-2002, 12:44 PM
heheheh mon mothma is female http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/monmothma/eu.html
Anyways I think the problem with the customization of the voice is that almost everyone is going to have a separate opinion. Maybe we are going to have to make another poll about the voice sound and then another one on what he says lol.

inbredyokel
06-30-2002, 01:27 PM
I do have to agree with Klorel that no matter what effect you go for, it needs to have a bit of an accent and a little more expression in the voice. More of a calm warning of "Your demise is inevitable..." than a robotic "YOUR DEMISE IS INEVITABLE." Personally, I like "To oppose me is to oppose the Force" as a taunt.

Nanodagiardino
06-30-2002, 01:36 PM
I don't remember who posted that it sounded like the protos, but now that I think about it, that's just how I imagined Plo Koon's voice!!! Something soft but powerfull, like the dark templars maybe. And since the protoss speak telepathicaly, it all makes sense.

Kinja
06-30-2002, 03:06 PM
Well everybody who was interested the Robes or unrobed issue, the final poll results were 37 to 34 for UNROBED!!!

dane
06-30-2002, 03:45 PM
UNROBED IS GONA BE AWSOME!!!!

Kinja
06-30-2002, 04:36 PM
Hello there. I'm very pleased about the amount of interest there was in
voting for the outcome of the PLO KOON robe dilemma 'pool'. I've worked in
the game industry for around five years now and in all that time do you know
how many times the public (the people who we are making the games for) get a
chance to voice their opinion? Zero times. Well, not in this case. This
model is for you folks, 100%. With that said I'm happy to announce that the
official winner is NO ROBES!. But wait...for all of those who voted ROBED
(I am one of you), don't be to upset I have something for you...

http://www.geocities.com/plokoonimages/shot5.txt

http://www.geocities.com/plokoonimages/shot6.txt

...I jumped the gun a bit on Friday and predicted a ROBED vote, well my
mistake, your benefit. Enjoy.

BTW: Just to be clear on this, he is still going to model the unrobed version, so we get the best of both worlds:)

Well that was the latest word from the maker of Plo Koon. And the polycount comes in below specs at 2,991 polys. Simply Amazing!

fuzzrox
06-30-2002, 05:02 PM
Kinja that looks awesome:koon:

maybe as good as your:syoda:

thanks for your hard work.

I'm patiently waiting for both models.

you guys are making a great game even better!

:duel:

Bungalow
06-30-2002, 05:14 PM
:eek:

El_graco
06-30-2002, 07:01 PM
i cannot descibe ur brilliance

Lucko Mabri
06-30-2002, 07:05 PM
:eek: *attempts to faint* darn! *hits self on head and faints* :eek:

*wakes up* ouch!
I think that describes its amaziness! (If thats a word :D )

-Lucko Mabri

JiPInSane
06-30-2002, 08:51 PM
:D :D :D :D :D WOW :D :D :D :D :D

morphius_doh
06-30-2002, 09:50 PM
Speechless

Lucko Mabri
06-30-2002, 09:58 PM
speechless? then why'd u speak? :D

Arán
06-30-2002, 10:06 PM
Great work Kinja!!!!
Hope it will come out soon! ( after you skined it)
I'm counting on you!
:lsduel:

iTeM
06-30-2002, 10:41 PM
W
O
W
!!!

skater_craigd
06-30-2002, 11:00 PM
imust say Kinja that is very good, give my respect to your "master" for me if you can, thanks again for helping me out and giving me some advice in my thread really appreciated it, im gonna try to learn GMAX as milkshape is out of its expirery date even wiv a new downloaded one :S

keep up you moddeling as you'll probably be part of a massive project oneday, ur friend could have made models for "Morrowind" it looks so good,

cya anyway thanks again,

craig xx

gholam
07-01-2002, 12:07 AM
im in love with it

Nanodagiardino
07-01-2002, 12:37 AM
that is a modelling magazine cover model. 11/10. Now Kinja tell me that the master(yours and in general:)) skins as well as he models, and I'm done.

It's a beauty. We will have both! I can't believe it! :D:D

Oobedoob Benobi
07-01-2002, 12:42 AM
Well since he is doing both robed and unrobed will they be released like the tyrion model?

genthar
07-01-2002, 01:06 AM
My God!!! My dear, dear God!!!! :eek:

BradFu
07-01-2002, 01:08 AM
Whoo hoo! Robed Plo Koon looks great!!! I'm very happy he's decided to do both versions, everyone should be happy :D

Later today, I'll try some more voice recordings, and I'll try some different effects too, see if theres anything you guys like more.

inbredyokel
07-01-2002, 01:12 AM
Ahhhh!! Holy crap! With so much detail in the face...and the perfect curves, and those hands... ::drool:: ...and he made this in what, a day and a half? Who does this guy work for? I mean...if only every model in jedi outcast could be that awsome. We gotta get a cash pool together and get this guy working on another model after plo is done :D He is quite worthy of the title "Messiah of Modeling."

JiPInSane
07-01-2002, 02:29 AM
Little off the topic of praising this guy but...

WTF???
http://www.theforce.net/episode1/oldPreq/characters/plok.html

Any1 else notice whats wrong with that?

xan
07-01-2002, 02:34 AM
I dunno if anybody's posted this pic yet, but I thought it was a pretty cool one of Plo Koon from Jedi Power Battles.

http://www.lucasarts.com/products/jedipowerbattles/images/jedi/big/plo_large.jpg

Hope it helps a bit.. :)

-Chrono_MOT-
07-01-2002, 02:44 AM
Kinja his ass needs to hurry up and skin that sucker before I die :P

BradFu
07-01-2002, 03:12 AM
I personally would prefer it if he skins it with his hands and tools on his computer :P

Klorel
07-01-2002, 03:45 AM
I agree with bradfu, hands would be preferable. but to think about it, use whatever you used to model him with, if your ass, then so be it. Its a piece of art, you are the new Michaelangelo of the modeling world, and i dont even care all that much about plo koon. but you did such a brilliant job on him, and the fact that he is both robed and unrobed... well lets just say thank god you had horrible foresight, cause not only do we get best of both worlds, but you wouldn't have done the robed version, which would have been a great loss on everyones part. Incredible work, and I say take your time skinning it, you've modeled him so quickly that you deserve to relax.

I propose you do the pole on what he'll say before you do a pole on what he sounds like. Also, maybe the 2 runner ups in the pole could be sounds he makes when he gets hit, like in the vader model.

p.s. How did you do it!?!?? it looks so smooth and not-flat shaded, and yet it is flat shaded. whats the poly count!?!?

Pyro638
07-01-2002, 04:06 AM
Impressive...........MOST Impressive........:vadar:........

CANT WAIT:laughing:!!!!!

skater_craigd
07-01-2002, 04:20 AM
"Well that was the latest word from the maker of Plo Koon. And the polycount comes in below specs at 2,991 polys. Simply Amazing!
"

from Kinja himself in the reply just above your Klorel,
ilove this moddelling stuff just makes u feel good wen u actually create something

SithLord Maul
07-01-2002, 04:37 AM
BUMP

pud1
07-01-2002, 05:20 AM
man that face is so impressive, and his robe looks very smooth and free flowing. I looked at the back model and is that the hood hanging down?
If so thats very creative and would be cool if their was an option to have the hood up or down....oh well!:rolleyes:
:koon: :koon: :koon: looks great I am Awaiting more updates from you kinja

P.S. That sure got made fast! ;)

genthar
07-01-2002, 06:30 AM
I sence a disturbance in the force.

It's another poll.... hood up or down? :D

spacermonkey
07-01-2002, 06:32 AM
Plo Koon looks great :)

Oobedoob Benobi
07-01-2002, 08:46 AM
I agree with Klorel we should chose a few taunts (2-4) and make a poll on which one it will be and what it sounds like.

-Chrono_MOT-
07-01-2002, 08:48 AM
Actually, I have a request. Is there a way you could send a .glm or something my way Kinja? I want to re-scale my model to fit his hands.

dane
07-01-2002, 08:49 AM
hey guys dont u think we had enough polls on this model lol

icepool
07-01-2002, 09:32 AM
Alls I have to say is the model is gonna kick ass!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GreenDevil
07-01-2002, 11:45 AM
First off, I'd like to congratulate all who helped with that model... it is certainly beyond any expectations I had. Its a great gift to all of us die-hard Plo Koon fans out there :) :koon:

Anyway, my one question I have is concerning these taunts. Now, from what I've read I've come to believe that the general impression is that Plo Koon can't talk, but rather communicates telepathicly. Now, I want know where this came from. I've been following Plo Koon since I FIRST saw him in TPM, I know everything about him and everything about the Kel Dor (his species). Now, I believe I do recall hearing something about the Kel Dor being able to communicate telepathically (with either all races or just amoung the Kel Dor themselves, can't remember), but they most certainly can talk! They DO have mouths in which they can also communicate with. I mean, the Kel Dor even have their own language (that they speak by tongue) and its also been stated that they are able to speak Basic. Anyway, maybe I'm just misunderstanding some of these posts, but I just wanted to make sure I got that point that Plo Koon can talk across...

GREAT MODEL!!!! :)

PIo Koon
07-01-2002, 12:27 PM
wow....wow...damn...thats ****ING AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...holy jeesh thats a good model...damn

and about the hood up and down...personally i think Plo Koon looks alot cooler with his hood Up...but since we can't take it down and up in game(to much work to do but would be nice)...i think having it up at all times takes away from this model...if u can't see his head its not really worth it imo....but...if there was a way to take the hood on and off(up and down) i would say yea =O)...but i don't think thats gunu happen =O\

and hey Kinja...tell ur friend this..i think it might make it cooler(not that its not)

by looking at the body its ****y sweet..specially upper torso...but if u get to his waist and down to his legs..it looks...well...maybe a lil plain?...theres just something different about it...but i think this might make it better

if u look at the model its kinda straight up and down on the sides...but...if u added a belt thingy around his waist...it might make it look even better..i just think the belt idea would add more to the model...but its just a suggestion =O)..looks great the way it is

last thing...when u skin the model...make it the colors as in my pic!!!..not the one from Jedi PowerBattles!...that looks a lil..well..weird! lol

PIo Koon
07-01-2002, 12:34 PM
i just got a REALLY cool mod idea...although im not sure if it can be done...but if it can...its gunu be like advanced JK2...if anyone wants to hear it tell me..i don't wanna waste space in this thread if no one wants to hear it lol

Psyk0Sith
07-01-2002, 01:00 PM
I'm sure you can have both hoods and choose which one you want.

id do it this way: the default skin file (.surf) would have the head_hood_down surface removed, while the head_hood_up would remain visible, and reverse what i said for the hood down skin.

so create 2 hoods that are seperated meshes and hide the one you need to hide. that would of course create a lot more polys...

SithLord Maul
07-01-2002, 01:16 PM
THIS MODEL ROCKS! :) :):):):):):):):):)

MisterPunch
07-01-2002, 02:29 PM
Hello folks, Kinja is in the process of moving today and has no internet service so I thought I would come out of the dark and address some of your comments myself.

1. First, you folks are incredible! I wish there was this much possitive energy from game reviewers, they tend to think game developers owe them something, but not you. Always remember that we modelers, skinners (I've always called them texture artists but...) designers and I guess programmers;) ... etc, do what we do in the name of FUN (and money;) )! Let's keep it that way.

2. Here's what the future looks like for PLO KOON:

Robed version unveiled - DONE
Unrobed mesh/robed skins creation - in progress
?????*
Unrobed skin creation/robed setup - down the road
robed setup - futher down said road

Were not talking months here. I want the development time on this to be somewhat short. I have other things I what to get at.

3. In regards to the model I've created, I invite you to look at these two images:

http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/plokoon/img/eu_bg.jpg

http://www.sithclan.net/episode2/arena.jpg

These shots illustrate the 'PLO' I have invisioned. I agree he looks very cool with his hood up, but he is more commonly seen with it down. I could do both but, once again, I have other things I what to get at (I'm talking JK2, by the way). Also I can't recall ever seeing PLO with a belt tied around his robes (not that I would do it anyway;)) and his colors will reflect the colors in the movie .

4. *Finally, a week or so ago I told Kinja that I thought it would be fun to do a model for JK2, but just one. Now I'm not so sure. I've got to do one more! But who will it be? You know how into 'letting the people decide' I am so that's what I'm going to do. No cash will be neccessary:confused: (see above reply). I'd like to get started next weekend so if someone wants to get another poll started (I like polls) sometime this week; I don't know how you would organize it, there are a lot of characters out there. Which reminds me: I have only a few guidelines for character requests - Star Wars movie universe (I'm not much of a reader) any character. And by the way, if Jar Jar doesn't win I will be very upset.

Once again you folks are amazing. I know this is very long but "Who cares" - me. According to the 'maximum permitted length I still have 37585 characters to go.

Thanks

I nominate Old Ben Kenobi.

Sounds Risky
07-01-2002, 02:56 PM
A lot of people have been asking for Ki-Adi Mundi and Kit Fisto, so you might want to consider doing one of them. But yes, a poll would be the best way to figure it out.

So I nominate Ki-Adi Mundi and Kit Fisto.

inbredyokel
07-01-2002, 03:02 PM
Well, the master modeler speaks. I'm guessing lots of people will want to be your friend around here, and I can't say I blame them :D As far as the future of Plo Koon, I don't think anyone is too worried. You seem to have things WELL under control. But as far as future models are concerned, before people start shouting stuff out, I have a few minor suggestions, if you don't mind. You are obviously an extremely talented modeler(and most likely equally awsome at skinning), and I think it would be in the best interest of everyone here if you could be(excuse me if I sound a little..dehumanizing) "fully utilized." By that, I mean we should bring forth requests for models that would be extremely difficult to create for your average modeler, not to be cruel or anything, but simply to take advantage of the opportunity we've got here. It wouldn't be difficult at all for a decent modeler to make a Ben Kenobi or even a Gungan model, but to make a Jedi like Oppo Rancis(just as an example, NO ONE wants an oppo rancis model) and do it well would be next to impossible for your average person. Personally, I'd like to see another unique jedi from episode I or II. Perhaps Kit Fisto or that chick with the red face and long black and white-striped tentacle thing hanging from her head. Or if you wanted to make a huge contribution, you could make an extremely versitile jedi model(male, female, or both :D) with multiple surfaces that could be turned on/off for customization. Things like different hair styles, horns, cybernetic parts, facial hair, clothing, etc. that a skinner could pick and choose from to make their own unique jedi. Such a model could spawn so many new and original skins that it would be the model that keeps on giving. And judging from your ability, it would be a damn nice model too.
But those are just my thoughts. You're the one doing the work, and as you said, you should do it for fun and because you want to. Don't let me force any unwanted ideas on you.

Sounds Risky
07-01-2002, 03:09 PM
The jedi chick that inbred is talking about is Shaak Ti, and I would love to see her made. She's got such an intricate face that is just incredible to look at. That would actually be my personal pick for your next model.

DarthDarth
07-01-2002, 04:03 PM
Since he wants to do one more, let me second (third *shrugs*) the motion of Kit Fisto. MisterPunch is really friggin good, so lets give him the model that the average people have not even started to tackel.

The only other Model I really want is a working Kamino person (Kaminian?) But I don't think we are goona get one of those *shrugs*

I still say Kit Fisto all the way. We really do need more good Jedi models, We have like 40 sith and 15 really good jedi so yeah Kit Fisto!

Your :koon: Is Great MisterPunch We all owe you a great deal, SO THANK U!

Sincerely,
DarthDarth

The Rel)ee(V)eR
07-01-2002, 04:31 PM
I'd also reccommend kit Fisto :-)

snakeeyesa27
07-01-2002, 05:00 PM
That Plo Koon is a good model... a groin grabbingly good model!

I love it, and i've never even heard of this plo koon before. Anyway, my first vote is for a fully robed old republic style humanoid jedi. i.e. outer robes, inner robes, and hood and everything, all surf changeable (perhaps add it on to existing jedi model?). Anyway, that's my first vote (not gunna happen). Realistically, i'd say go with Kit Fisto (i swear he's just a grown up version of that baby alien in MIB). And to save a vote later, unrobed. Or, just model Fisto's head/hands and put them on Plo's body to save work.

Sinister1
07-01-2002, 05:25 PM
Fantastic work there Kinja's friend:)

The robed version looks stunning, the whole damn model looks stunning!;)

But yes, I agree Kit Fisto and Plo Koon would be the toughest Jedi to model, in my opinion. Well, thus far it looks like we are getting a kickass Plo Koon!

jedi_surfer
07-01-2002, 08:10 PM
kinja,

by far you are the man. where do you post these at? i still haven't located yoda. can you send them to me, by chance?
i'd be greatful. thanks

jedi_surfer21@hotmail.com

defalc
07-01-2002, 08:46 PM
Jar Jar! Make Jar Jar! :D

Lol, or maybe...um...Boss Nass, ala Greedo Style (fat and round lol)
Dunno....

Rajess MoDuron
07-01-2002, 09:21 PM
This is all kinds of sweet.

genthar
07-01-2002, 09:39 PM
I'd love an old Ben Kenobi, but Inbred's idea of a generic jedi model with selectable surfaces would be the most appreciated from this corner. It would lead to a diversity of ideas and allow people to create a mix-match of almost anything they desire. I daresay most people here could do a pretty decent skin-job to get accross their idea, but are limited by not being having the skills required to create models- certainly nothing to the calibre that I've seen on this thread.
I think that this way- everyone will aquire the model and use it with their own creative ideas and it will live on for an eternity.
If this isn't feasable, though my final vote is for Yareal Poof, with the giraffe-like neck in TPM.:)

Klorel
07-01-2002, 09:51 PM
Ok, well i guess we're nominating a future project. so i say, when in doubt, go EWOK. Inbredyokel made many good points, and it would be cool to have a universal jedi, but I personally would like to see a universal Ewok. With all kinds of different surfaces to turn on and off (bone necklaces, pouches, different hoods, weapons on back, backpacks, different cloths tied around and drooping a little from the writsts-elbows-or knees, you name it), with so many options that one model could provide enough skins for and entire tribe of ewok. That would be incredible. You could use the same methods as the wookiee to model him and make the fuzzy hair look real, and you have experience with the shorter models already. Think, with all the different height, skin, and surface variations how many different ewoks could be created without having to make a new model, So i vote for a universal ewok.

OBEY MY EWOK!!! - :ewok:

oh, nice polycount by the way, i guess sometimes you miss things when reading. anyways, back to your model. Take your time moving, dont let anyone rush you. In the mean time, I think someone who knows something about plo koon create a poll for what he says, and when we have the top 2-3, then we can poll to figure out what he sounds like when saying those things. "Thats all i have to say about that" ~ forest gump

-Klorel

PIo Koon
07-01-2002, 10:04 PM
to that guy who was talking about the chick with tentacles in her head...

i thought u were talking about Adi Gallia?..o well..she'd be cool to, but she holds her saber different lol...like its backwords(i might try and get a pic of how she holds it if u want)

anyway....is it really possible to do all that "hidden" stuff on the model and turn stuff on and off? if so i got a mod idea that people might like

anyway...for a new model...i don't know his name or anything...but i member seeing this blue skinned guy...he died in Ep2 but he looked kinda cool...he had a dinosaur looking head and was very agile looking...the way he walked kinda made me think of the Elite of Halo...but i'll try and find pics and show u

PIo Koon
07-01-2002, 10:15 PM
here we go...Trebor Coleman looks kinda cool..reminds me of Desann =OD...but this guys on the light side...anyway

http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/colemantrebor/index.html
http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/colemantrebor/img/eu_sm.jpg

and heres a pic to see where sutff on his face is
http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/colemantrebor/img/bts_sm.jpg

anyway i think that guy would be pretty cool =OD...i'll try and get some lower body pics..but er..this jedi like alot of jedi's isn't to popular..so i might not find any

Sounds Risky
07-02-2002, 12:27 AM
Shaak Ti

http://www.rebelscum.com/swsaga/swsaga0210shaaktiloosefront.jpg
http://www.rebelscum.com/swsaga/swsaga0210shaaktilooseback.jpg
http://www.rebelscum.com/swsaga/swsaga0210shaaktiloosertprofile.jpg

icepool
07-02-2002, 12:34 AM
I agree with genthar. A generic jedi would be the most useful. I know myself I have been creating a variety of jedi from the Tyrion model but they all have the same hair style just different outfits. So a generic jedi would be perfect. Trying to get ready for the geonosian battle!!!!!!!!:D

SithLord Maul
07-02-2002, 12:44 AM
When will the model be available for download? :)

GreenDevil
07-02-2002, 01:38 AM
Personally, anything that goes with the battle at Geonosis is cool with me. I'm personally waiting for someone to make a SP level of the battle at Geonosis, which would really kick some booty.

Possible models:

-Geonosian (the bug-like beings)
-Any of the numerous Jedi (Kit, Trebor, Shaak Ti, etc.)
-Those 3 large beasts (that tiger looking thing, the rhino, and that giant green insect :) )
-A good series of battle droids

T-Dogg
07-02-2002, 01:45 AM
Plo ain't even done and already we're promised another one? Dizzam!

My vote goes to Kit Fisto.

I too find him resembling that MIB alien baby... Not that that's the reson why I want him done.

BradFu
07-02-2002, 02:38 AM
My #1 vote is generic male Jedi. #2 is Kit Fisto. #3, just for fun, Ewoks :)

So here's a list so far of those that have been suggested more than once:

Generic Male Jedi (with alternate heads/hair/etc)
Kit Fisto
Shaak Ti
Trebor Coleman
Geonosian Warrior (Probably not possible, because it wouldn't fit the humanoid skeleton if done properly)
Ewoks (with alternate surfaces for customization)

Any other suggestions? Remember that suggestions should probably be things that a lot of people would enjoy. If we can get a few more suggestions, or if people think this is enough to start, we can put together a poll.

MisterPunch, you are my hero this week :D

§ith Lord
07-02-2002, 02:50 AM
My List includes

#1 Dash Rendar
#2 X-wing Pilot
#3 A luke skywalker that LOOKS like Luke Skywalker!

you know what, what about new weapon models as well?

xan
07-02-2002, 02:52 AM
Sounds like a great list to me.. perhaps you could add to it one of those super battledroids to replace the Stormtrooper leader in single?

Nanodagiardino
07-02-2002, 02:53 AM
Kit Fisto would be awesome. No one wants to(and didn't) do him because of the somewhat complex head. We have the opportunity to have the best Kit Fisto we could ever dream of. For sure a Jedi in anycase. The others can wait.

PIo Koon
07-02-2002, 02:57 AM
Trebor Coleman!!! =OD..he r0x...man...Plo Koon...Mace Windu..Obi Won..Qui-Gon Jinn...Anakin Skywalker...Yoda..Kit Fisto(almost everyone voted him so i know he will be made)...look at all those jedis!!!!!!...if we keep this up the whole jedi council (except the ones no one would want to use like that long necked guy) will be made!!!

now i like the light side guys cuz there cool...but man...we need more Sith...so far all we have is Darth Maul...and i guess if u count Darth Vader and Count Dukoo...i know there isn't alot of them...but use ur imagination!!!...or...something...we need more sith =O(

but my vote is Trebor Coleman

PIo Koon
07-02-2002, 03:11 AM
sorry for the spam =O\

i forgot to make the pics big...=OD...heres better ones

http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/colemantrebor/img/movie_bg.jpg

wow im impressed with this pic
http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/colemantrebor/img/eu_bg.jpg

heres a better pic of the head
http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/colemantrebor/img/bts_bg.jpg

Adekor
07-02-2002, 03:38 AM
Just thought i'd take a moment from lurking to put my vote in for Jedi Councel memeber Saesee Tiin, since no one suggested him. Here's some photo's I found.

Saesee Tiin (http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/saeseetiin/index_movie.html)

http://www.starwars.com/episode-i/snapshot/1999/06/snapshot19990617.html

GreenDevil
07-02-2002, 04:04 AM
Other Jedi that I think would be cool to have:

Eeth Koth

http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/eethkoth/img/movie_bg.jpg

Saesee Tiin

http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/saeseetiin/img/movie_bg.jpg

Those are just a couple I remember from Ep 1

GreenDevil
07-02-2002, 04:06 AM
Sorry for suggesting twice... I must of hit reply right when that last post was added

Mr PoopyPants
07-02-2002, 04:08 AM
Why do so many people like Kit Fisto? I personally rather have the Tusken Raider Jedi. THat guy is very menacing looking. But I guess it's majority rules.
Oh I forgot, If I had to choose between a Generic Jedi and Kit Fisto, I go with the Generic Jedi. Did Kit Fisto get killed by Jango Fett?

Delmar
07-02-2002, 04:31 AM
I vote for either an ewok or a tusken raider..

Kranckor
07-02-2002, 04:38 AM
Mr.Poopypants, your lack of hipness disturbs me. :vadar:
*Pooo-che*

nomad
07-02-2002, 04:50 AM
Your model, so far, is absolutely amazing!!
I was astonished when I first saw it, like so many other posters, and words could not come out properly.
Thanks so much!
Another Poll... LOL...You're obviously a glutten for punishment, but that's a great thing when you love the type of "punishment".

I cannot vote against "Old Ben" Obi-Wan Kenobi -which BTW was left off your list Bradfu! (I won't except the "Generic Jedi"suggestion as including him either... so don't try it) :)

Master Kenobi is the model that I want to see done as a masterpiece. With his hood down and with his hood up. I have a collection of sound files set up for him and I would Gladly donate them to you Mister Punch!
I agree with the point made of taking advantage of Mister Punch's skills, and Shaak Ti or Kit Fisto are Great choices for that reason, BUT as I said...
I cannot vote against "Old Ben" Obi-Wan Kenobi!!

Kenobi is also the model that I was planning on attempting, but I have not the skill yet. (YET!!) It's tough for me to let go of my goal of creating the best (FIRST!?! :eek: ) Kenobi model, but after looking at Mister Punch's work so far... I vote it willingly.

-nomad (all happy now)

Remember, the force is with you... always.

Darth-Nasty
07-02-2002, 06:37 AM
I would be chuffed to bits with any episode 1/2/3 jedi because as far as i know the only jedi model available is aalya. (however there are some great WIP jedis around obi,mace windu, yoda etc)
plus all the siths have been completed or are in progress

But as you are such a quality modler i reckon kit fisto would be a good option as he looks to complicated and i reckon itll be a long time before this community see someone else capable of making this fella to such a high quality

but then i dont really know all the jedis so my vote goes to:

any ep 1/2/3 jedi (except for anakin, yoda, obiwan, quigon, mace windu (Inprogress)) preferably someone really difficult who isnt likely to ever be attempted by anyone else

Oh yeah and to kick off the next poll, if you decide to make a jedi i vote for robed!

:)

*edit*

or jar jar of course, he is cool :)

BradFu
07-02-2002, 06:39 AM
Stepping away from the "What should he do next?" discussion...

I made some more taunts for Plo Koon. I took some suggestions under advisement (Mainly more inflection [less monotone], and an accent. I was shooting for something of an Australian accent, since we saw some of that in Ep2, thought it would be a bit different :) ) I did a variety of different lines, and if anyone else wants to hear something else, I can try it. For some of these, I was keeping in mind that Plo Koon is one of the wisest and most powerful Jedi Masters, so I tried to throw some Jedi Masterly wisdom in.

http://windu.cjb.net/PloKoon/Plo-Ally.mp3
http://windu.cjb.net/PloKoon/Plo-Darkness.mp3
http://windu.cjb.net/PloKoon/Plo-Demise.mp3
http://windu.cjb.net/PloKoon/Plo-Impatience.mp3
http://windu.cjb.net/PloKoon/Plo-Justice.mp3
http://windu.cjb.net/PloKoon/Plo-Lightsaber.mp3

Rory_Vetack
07-02-2002, 06:50 AM
No offence BradFu, but those taunts seem very...um, warped. They seem more suited to a villain in a show than a jedi master... Id go for a deeper voice and for a "telepathic" effect, make it faint and like a echo, I think this would have a better result.

PIo Koon
07-02-2002, 06:52 AM
Darkness and Lightsaber are the best im my opinion..good job =O)..Demise was good but when u said "the light" it made him sound like he was from england lol...not that thats bad

im just not sure if an australian accent fits Plo Koon...but come to think of it...English probly isn't his native tongue now is it =OD

PIo Koon
07-02-2002, 06:54 AM
i only agree with Rory halfway...i think there good and hes the only one TRYING to make some taunts and we are'nt

but i do think he has a kinda good point...the Deeper...Fainter...and more Echo'ey suggestion might be better...its always worth a try =O)

also i forgot to say this BradFu

remember that Plo Koon is also a Master Saberist...so try and get a play around with a few like Lightsaber...don't have to..just a suggestion =O)