PDA

View Full Version : Well... That's enough of that

Darth Webster
06-22-2002, 08:12 AM
Yeah, JKII is dead. I am calling 'er quits. Stick a fork in me, I'm done.
Dualing is fun, but limited. Every other game type is dominated by skript kiddie. Just not fun. Back to Tribes, methinks.
I might be around for the ocashional dual or to screw around a bit, but over all... this is a ruined game.

Yoda_623
06-22-2002, 08:49 AM
Good points....but I'm gonna ride her out for a while longer though.

luke12946
06-22-2002, 08:53 AM
be careful webster, we all saw what happened to Artifax when he announced his "retirement"...lots of flames, i do fear...

Pedro The Hutt
06-22-2002, 10:44 AM
The major difference between JK and JKII
JK community: We were very happy with what we had
JKII community: We're spoiled brats that wish the perfect Jedi sim and nothing less. ^.^ And we hate everyone who doesn't play the way we want to too. That's it I quit blah blah blah
Anywho, I sure hope you change your mind. JKII is a great game, shame to abandon it. ^_~

SeraphimII
06-22-2002, 03:04 PM
Meh, I think tribes has been dead since the great and holy HCA thread was killed, twice...

J/K!

SaberPro
06-22-2002, 03:09 PM
JK2 dead? Nah.

Great gameplay still. Tons of cool addons. Just sometimes you encounter really lame lamers.

And hopefully we get more official patches in the future. Let's just hope that RavenSoft doesn't update their patches like ATI update their drivers lol.

Darth Ball
06-22-2002, 04:17 PM
Jk2 isnt dead
my mommy told me that it was just sleeping for a long time

the game would be much funner if they made a monkey model

"hello im a monkey and i am gonna slice yo ass up foo.WAZZA!"

ha ha ha ha ha
monkies are cool:)
:monkey3:

CapNColostomy
06-22-2002, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by Pedro The Hutt
The major difference between JK and JKII
JK community: We were very happy with what we had
JKII community: We're spoiled brats that wish the perfect Jedi sim and nothing less. ^.^ And we hate everyone who doesn't play the way we want to too. That's it I quit blah blah blah
Anywho, I sure hope you change your mind. JKII is a great game, shame to abandon it. ^_~

Hellz yeah, sucka dawg! That's what I'm stressin'! In case you hadn't noticed I'm a big Kevin Smith fan. AND A JKII fan. Too bad if people don't want to play JKII. Less competition. Breaks my heart.

Darth Lunatic
06-23-2002, 12:27 AM
So true Pedro.

Darth Kaan
06-23-2002, 12:58 AM
Like any other game, it's what you make of it.

BlackDeath-CFH
06-23-2002, 01:58 AM
i still think the game is fun, play with freinds instead of people on public servers. last time i played on a public server every guy either whored with backstab, saber throw, and there was one guy who all he did was kick and NEVER swinged his saber. and thats why i dont play on them anymore, you are bound to run into those basterds.

Darth Webster
06-23-2002, 06:46 AM
Don't get me wrong, I'm not your run of the mill "I'm taking my ball and going home" whiners. I think JKII is a great game... In single player.

Basicly it's like this...
I was planning on starting a JediKnight Clan, was working on some models and skins, thinking of doing some levels. While I was blueskying what would make a really great addition I desided to drop in for a couple rounds. What happen next was appalling... server after server, all I found were backstabbers, skript kiddies, and spammers. On top of that, I found the whole in game attitude to be a real turn off. Foul mouthed, socially inept, Snarky 9 year old seems to domintate. Reminds me of the Quake days.
Frustrated and out off I dropped off, but I hadden't gotten my "game fix". I figured, what the heck and tossed in Tribes 2. Whoa!! What a difference! Right away I got that feeling of being pulled in, not getting shoved out.
Anyway, I'll be playing from time to time in dual servers and with buddies. And who knows? Maybe a patch might bring new life in to things...

Pedro The Hutt
06-23-2002, 06:56 AM
Hehe, that's the spirit ^_^"

[OO]Darth_Borg
06-23-2002, 07:08 AM
The only part that's totally dead for me is anything with saber only. CTF and TDM/DM with weapons are still ok.

Weapons could use a bit more ammo though...

Kurgan
06-23-2002, 07:20 AM
... as long as you can still buy it and it gets played.

No offense, but I always have to laugh when somebody calls a game "dead" just because they got tired of it, as if they alone constitute the entire game's community or user-base and speak for us all! lol

Like any other game, it's what you make of it.
I couldn't agree more...

QuietSith
06-23-2002, 07:28 AM
Yah, 2946 players believe the game is still alive! :eek:

Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast

875 servers, 2946 players

http://www.gamespy.com/stats/

Majiro
06-23-2002, 07:58 AM
If you cannot get away from the peice of **** script kiddies/assfighters/etc you apparently are not on the right server.

There are servers that kick/ban those morons that pull crap like that and they actually have a decent enviroment (When a admin is on).

You just have to find them, but trust me, they are there *winks*

jarek
06-23-2002, 08:12 AM
Originally posted by QuietSith
Yah, 2946 players believe the game is still alive! :eek:

Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast

875 servers, 2946 players

http://www.gamespy.com/stats/

You think those are good stats? wrong. Every game above JK2 is older and has many more players. SoF2+SoF2 demo together are beating JK2 also, not to mention the newly released neverwinter nights is getting ready to blow past it. So i guess JK2 is really only beating Tribes 2..*laugh*.

I deleted JK2 from my computer a few days ago. Its just not fun anymore. JK2 could have been great, but its developers and the majority of its players crapped all over it. There arent even any decent mods, well except maybe that new grappling hook mod, however its 3 months too late. Oh well, at least Ive got my Warcraft 3 now :) That should keep me busy till Star Wars Galaxies is released. Yes, this has kinda turned into a retirement post. Some 13 year old jackoff is gonna flame me now hahah.

goodbye jk2 thanks for all the whinning...errr memories.

Darth Ball
06-23-2002, 09:44 AM
hey IM 13 years old so here it goes...

**** u damn Jerek
your mom is a slut
go stick your dick in the hole of the war craft disc
then go **** a donkey
ha ha ha ha ha

:monkey4:

PODguy87
06-23-2002, 11:58 AM
Ouch Darth Ball .... Ouch......

lol

that was funny...

Ian

Lime-Light
06-23-2002, 12:04 PM
uh...no it wasnt. That was the saddest flame I have ever seen, even for some creativly stunted 13 year old.

Anyway. I dont give a sh*t if anyone leaves, I havent seen you online before, and I dont suppose I will now anyway. I still get plenty of enjoyment out of JK2, and I only run into the occasional lamer, and half the time they are so unskilled in thier exploits I can kill them anyway.

How is WCIII?

Cal-Gon Gin
06-23-2002, 12:26 PM
Jedi Knight II : 854 servers, 2557 players
SofF2: 368 servers, 1905 players
Tribes: 385 servers, 1149 players

ktxgg

SaberPro
06-23-2002, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by Cal-Gon Gin
Jedi Knight II : 854 servers, 2557 players
SofF2: 368 servers, 1905 players
Tribes: 385 servers, 1149 players

ktxgg

Wow where did you get those statistics?

*Refreshes CS*
*jaw drops when 11,000 servers needed to be refreshed*

Cal-Gon Gin
06-23-2002, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by SaberPro

Wow where did you get those statistics?

From GameSpy's stats page--scroll up a few threads for a link

*Refreshes CS*
*jaw drops when 11,000 servers needed to be refreshed*

Ignore the CS servers, please...;)

Lime-Light
06-23-2002, 12:49 PM
CS doesnt count. Everyone and his bagel plays CS.

Pedro The Hutt
06-24-2002, 12:45 AM
Actually, I don't play CS, heck I don't even have Half-Life, I got Jedi Knight II, why the hell would I need Half-Life? ^__^

Nobodi Kenobi
06-24-2002, 01:34 AM
Darth Webster, if you feel you are not having fun with the game anymore then I wish you well and hope you will find a game that you like (looks like you already have ;)).

On a related note, I have to agree with DW in that what has become of JK II - at least on public servers - Is nothing short of appalling.

Before you flame me and say, "another whiner who can't stand the fact that others play the game a different way" the fact is DW is right about the current state of online play in a majority of public servers.

All I see now are script kiddies and the exploit whores on non-duel servers (FFA, Team FFA, guns or whatever) and now there is even lamers who like to use the exploits of certain duel maps as well to beat you requiring no skill at all.

Example: The Duel Training level that was included in the 1.3 patch.

The latest "exploit" is to get your opponent into the "sky box" (the glass catwalks) and then not actually duel, just smash the floor which sends them falling to the ground which takes off about 20-30 health points... And then once you get wise to this tactic and ask them nicely to come down, the lamers won't come down so you have to use all your force power to jump up and once you get back up there, they then use a script with increased yaw and BS you before you can even land.

I don't think that is fun. And no, not because it happened to me.
I don't think that is real skill.

Especially, since this guy kept doing it over and over again to other opponents until it literally emptied out. It has a seven player limit and ALL the messages from fellow duelers were flaming him for A) wasting our time and B) taking the fun/skill out of what we were all their for: To duel.

(there was no admin on at the time and unfortunately, never really is when you need them).

So while I still think JK II is fun... I think it has some serious problems as far as the public server side of things goes.

What is funny is that we all complain how people who shouldn't be playing the game are -- Younger people (9-13 year old lamers) -- And that actually validates the one thing that e-sports is going to need if it ever wants to become mainstream: Older players....

But ironically, that is not who video games are designed for are they? Hmm... ;)

Emon
06-24-2002, 02:43 AM
If JO is dead, explain the growing list of over 1,000 servers...

Pedro The Hutt
06-24-2002, 04:15 AM
Well as I said before, just stay clear from public servers and play IP games with your friends ^_^ Nothing like playing against people you know well and respect you enough to use spammy tricks on you. ahh.. heaven it is then to play JKII.

QuietSith
06-24-2002, 04:29 AM
Originally posted by Darth Webster
Yeah, JKII is dead. I am calling 'er quits. Stick a fork in me, I'm done.
Dualing is fun, but limited. Every other game type is dominated by skript kiddie. Just not fun. Back to Tribes, methinks.
I might be around for the ocashional dual or to screw around a bit, but over all... this is a ruined game.

Before you delete your game, try my server, script kiddies, assfighters, etc have a hard time in this one - it's easy to die, but only by using normal tactics and skill:

Rage and Honor (GSD)

65.113.116.20:28072