View Full Version : How?

06-22-2002, 07:20 AM
Is it modeling or skinning, where do I go to get the programs, and how do I skin or model? Please answer a rookies questions.:( :confused:

06-22-2002, 07:23 AM
Skinning is applying textures to a structure (model).
modelling is creating a 3d object.

To model you need a 3dstudiomax, milkshape or gmax.

to skin you need a paint program like paintshop pro, or photoshop or others.

06-22-2002, 07:27 AM
thnk you for answering my questions, now please tell me where to get these files

06-22-2002, 07:38 AM
Photoshop7 is around 1000us$
3dstudiomax around 4000us$
Paintshopro is free
milkshape is free
gmax is free

Do a google search


BTW, just in case. You don't need all of them! I would go for paintshop pro for skinning and gmax for modeling. But only 3dsmax is able to import and export models in the game and out. (I think). But you can create in milkshape, send it to someone with 3dsmax that will convert it and export/import. That is what communities are for! :)

06-22-2002, 07:44 AM
ok thnx, CASE CLOSED