PDA

View Full Version : Water problems need help

The_Preacher
06-23-2002, 09:37 AM
well.

water is supposedly the easiest thing to do.

well i have followed tutorials, and it seems easy as anything. make a brush give it water texture. and kablam. water.

well every time i have tried it things go wrong.

for instance.

one time i tried it, my guy could swim, drown etc. however he always sank to the bottom, and when he touched the bttom he walked. Also his sabre stayed on and you could execute saber swings etc.

and the water i have just put in now, it makes you stick in it like quick sand. and you cant jump out of the water. you have to acually walk out of the water, and find dry land before you can jump, and if you just press a direction the charachter slides whilst continually in running animation, even if no key is pressed.

please help. as for one im making a hydro ball map (lol) and i cant even get water working, so thats a big stumbling block LOL :rolleyes:

thx in advance Preach

tai
06-23-2002, 09:53 AM
try different water shaders
if that doesnt work
maybe consider this - did u make just the one surface of the brush water?

i dunno
those are possibilities

The_Preacher
06-23-2002, 09:55 AM
i made the top and the bottom part of the brush water, and all the sides were nodraw.

the texture i used is the street water one from i think is bespin, or yavin

RichDiesal
06-23-2002, 01:59 PM
Try bespin/water2, and try putting caulk in between the brushes
water1 doesn't work (random note)

The_Preacher
06-23-2002, 11:38 PM
thx rich. love your tutorials very informative stuff :)

so with the caulk i texture the 4 sides of the water? or do i put a new caulk brush inbetween the top and bottom of the water.

thx

RichDiesal
06-24-2002, 12:36 AM
I would just put the water shader on the very top and very bottom and then caulk the sides... if you get any odd underwater shadows, put nodraw between water brushes.