PDA

View Full Version : 1st screenie of 2nd tavion level- need opinions

patchx
06-23-2002, 08:52 PM
first screenshots and small description (http://www.geocities.com/p_atchx)

does the smashed up buildings look crap?

or not?

its kinda tricky making stuff realistically destroyed looking

-patch

DukeSkywalker
06-23-2002, 09:28 PM
Looks great!

Also the buildings!

Ah Boon
06-23-2002, 09:49 PM
wuts with the xwing?

Deetox187
06-23-2002, 09:59 PM
looks like it crashed into a pool of slime lol.

patchx
06-23-2002, 10:04 PM
looks like it crashed into a pool of slime lol.

it sure did

but such is the horror of war

lol
-patch

Kururin
06-23-2002, 10:12 PM
Patchx, that's awesome man cant wait. :fett:

"What if he doesn't survive; he's worth alot to me"

volrathxp
06-23-2002, 10:13 PM
looks great!

hack
06-23-2002, 10:23 PM
PatchX,

I enjoyed you're first single player mission even though it did not score that high on www.jedioutcastmaps.com. I can't wait to see this mission, it is looking good. Keep up the great work! I am new to the map editing and realized it isn't as easy as I thought. I have a new respect for fellow gamers who can create awesome new levels. :D

VIO
06-23-2002, 10:52 PM
looks good if you need help decided wat ruined buiulding look like download Day Of Defeat mod for half-life the do a great job at that...also ican't get any single player mods working..they don't show up in single player game mod selecter on in multiplayer even tavion

DireTan
06-23-2002, 11:35 PM
I hope Tavions sister is Hot! Going through all this Trouble to Rescue her!!

Hey I got an Idea How about you Fight Kyle! that would be Kinda cool Replace him with a Reborn boss :unless you had other plans
I would like to Kick Kyles ass :p

Wes Marrakesh
06-24-2002, 12:30 AM
Nah... reborn bosses are too easy...amke it a shadowtrooper or desann for kyle, cause they are actually hard

Wes Marrakesh
06-24-2002, 12:32 AM
kewl map...
can't wait!

fourwood
06-24-2002, 12:32 AM
How do you tilt the X-Wing down? Is there an entity key for that, or do you have to create it in Milkshape and re-export your own .md3?

Xcom
06-24-2002, 12:38 AM
Looks nice. I like green radiocative river. :D

Jango_Fett91
06-24-2002, 01:23 AM
Is there gonna be any more sexy lingerene dancers again?

Galactic Magi
06-24-2002, 01:52 AM
if you want more of a war torn place, put more rubble on the streets, and add some cracks into the street too. Everythings destroyed there, but the street looks almost perfectly intact.

patchx
06-24-2002, 05:49 AM
vio if u havent got tha 1.03 patched version of jk2 theres some problems with the mod selector

kyle isnt gonna be in it because hes a main character and something in me wont let me kill him off

fourwood
i didnt edit it in milkshape i just made it a fuc_train with a really small course and fast speed and the 2nd path corner lower then the first which has a turn train and yaw train flags selected so that by the time the player starts it pointing nose down.

alas no sexy lingerie chicks this time though theres gonna be some semi-sexy clones

the crack in the street is a good idea, will do

thanks for the feedback

-patch

Grets Sirob
06-24-2002, 06:48 AM
Looks great!!!
I can't wait to play the sequel to the best sp mod made so far!!

:wookiee: Raaarwwaag!

VIO
06-24-2002, 06:53 AM
hmm well i just install 1.03 i'll trty again thx...you can take your thread back now :p

patchx
06-24-2002, 06:56 AM
okay you can see the crack in the road from this angle (http://www.geocities.com/p_atchx)

does it look kewl?

-patch

VIO
06-24-2002, 06:59 AM
yeah great a few more of various sizes, alos that fence doesn't really go...to not spacey

patchx
06-24-2002, 08:24 AM
awwwww... i love that fence

i cant do too many cracks because it will make the tris count too high if i have heaps of little wierd angled brushes

i could make a cracky texture though but it might look slightly lame

-patch

patchx
06-24-2002, 08:26 AM
okay, that was absolutely the last time im gonna accidently do a double signature

its already there man! its already there!!!!!

-patch

patchx
06-24-2002, 08:27 AM
argggghhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!

VIO
06-24-2002, 09:45 AM
woooow i just played your first lvl VERY fun.. ilike the skimpy girls lol and that rodain jedi very cool although there were alot of misaligned door texturing in the street same thing for the cars' consoles great mod though keep up the good work o my i sugest you change the menus for your mod so you can tell if a mod is loaded or not

DireTan
06-24-2002, 10:44 AM
More Pics More Pics More Pics!!!

Keep up the Good work Patchx

Question: Will we be able to see Tavions sister in this level? :)

Comment: No Comment :P

Grets Sirob
06-24-2002, 12:15 PM
I like the fence patch. And I like your crack(that didn't sound right... lol)
Oh, and I forgot to tell you about a prob I had with the first one.
I kept getting this no-shader texture in lots of areas. I assume it was some sort of effect, or a light gone bad, cause it was all over the place. You know how to fix this?

:wookiee: Raaarwwaag!

patchx
06-24-2002, 05:18 PM
you will kinda see tavions sister quite a few times in this level but you wont really see the real her..if u know what i mean...hint...hint

I kept getting this no-shader texture in lots of areas. I assume it was some sort of effect, or a light gone bad, cause it was all over the place. You know how to fix this?

those wierd no texture boxes showed up on my brother in laws puter to and on the screenshots at www.jedioutcastmaps.com

i got one email so far about it as well (and a million emails from dudes who didnt have the patched version and couldnt get the mod to work...lol)

it worked fine on my computer though but ive got a really crappy video card and it was on low graphics settings

its just a normal light shader that i didnt edit or anything so its pretty wierd

Darkblade
06-24-2002, 05:27 PM
Whoa!?

Looks awesome PatchX. That X-Wing looks a bit goofy as it is only rotated like that, maybe it would be better if you could somehow make it look like destroyed or something?

But in the end... looks nice. ;)

patchx
06-24-2002, 05:31 PM
yeah i want to knock its landing gear off at least but im worried about having too big a download size for the level (the last one was like 7 megs or something)

ill wait til im finished the whole thing and if its not too ridiculously huge a download i will include a knocked around x-wing model

-patch

Darkblade
06-24-2002, 05:34 PM
Sounds good patchx. That knocked out X-Wing would be good for the community too. I think? :D

D.L.
06-24-2002, 06:33 PM
Patch, I was replaying your map last night, and I noticed the bottles and cans in the bar.

Where did you get these models!? I'm doing a map at the moment and I could really use these.

If possible could you send them to me or are they in the TAVION directory!?

The maps looks good by the way.

patchx
06-24-2002, 06:40 PM
there already in the models/map_objects/nar_shaddar and the wierdly named models/map_objects/nar_shader directories

-patch

D.L.
06-24-2002, 06:48 PM
Excellent!

Thanks Patch.

Now all I need to do is get a proper snooker ball :)

DireTan
06-25-2002, 11:27 AM
BUMB!!!!!!!!!!!

Keep this Thread alive I want to know when this will be Released PRONTO :)

Great Work Patchx

patchx
06-25-2002, 12:14 PM
not for a few weeks yet i would guess

theres a lot of work in the detail involved

its one thing to make a vaguelly city looking enviroment (like my last map) its a bit more labour intensive making a semi realistically looking destroyed city in the throws of war

im using the smashed up town levels in MOHAA as inspiration for getting the look but its still pretty tricky
and nothing i do looks an eighth as good as those levels

-patch

Emon
06-25-2002, 01:41 PM
Patch, I have a recommendation for your second level. The first one was pretty good, and better than all the other SP levels I've played. I think the worst part about it was its plagued graphical and framerate problems (which I'm sure you know). Second worse thing was that it was so damn linear and straightforward... There's really only one way to go trough the level. I really hope in your next one that it's less linear. The player should have a choice of how to complete the mission, etc.

You're probably already doing this, but oh well. :)

patchx
06-25-2002, 04:35 PM
having multiple routes through a level multiplies the labour involved in building it by as many alternate routes you make

im gonna make it less of a straight line then the last one which means basically backtracking thjrough areas after completing objectives in other parts, but it will have a different scripted event and npc's doing there thing when you cross the same territory the second time so it shouldnt be too monotonous

ill also use alley ways to go behind buildings and stuff rather then just the main street

im really trying to stear away from the "get a key to proceed to the next bit" sort of time filling tactics though

im working out ways to ensure the player cant cross a certain point without a particular weapon for instance which should make it less crap than the key finding bits

-patch

Sniper Jo
06-25-2002, 05:35 PM
After finishing the first level I was kind of disappointed. Not at the map or anything, thats great but to the lack of cutscens. The Tavion trioligi would realy rock if you included some cutscens to it.
An intro to explain the story would be cool too.

Keep up the good work!

D.L.
06-25-2002, 08:05 PM
Will Jane_Pink be in this one!?

;)

WarteX
06-25-2002, 09:40 PM
It looks awesome

:lsduel:

DireTan
06-25-2002, 10:44 PM
Cut scenes are Scripted things and I dont know the first thing to do about cutcenes cause it would be just to damn Hard to do for a Single player mission..

I dont think I have seen any Single player Maps with a Cutscene that was made by players (not by Raven)

But making a Cutscene would be pretty sweat but wouldnt be my First Priority Patchx..

patchx
06-26-2002, 08:20 AM
i made a semi cutsceney sort of bit in the 1st one with the pirate guy talking and the player frozen

i reckon i could figure out a way to edit the raven cutscene scripts to do what i want

but the real problem is voice acting for tavion i have to try and make use of her existing sounds to make up her dialogue in the cutscene

i think the best way to work around it is to use alien languages with subtitles for everyone except tavion

-patch

Jango_Fett91
06-26-2002, 01:46 PM
Cant Wait Patchx! You should make it like at the End, you see your sister get killed by the jedi, so then she'll have to avenge her sisters death by killing LUKE SKYWALKER!!!! The End of the second Tavion Level.:)

_MoDeMbOy_
06-26-2002, 03:45 PM
I Cant Wait!!That looks awesome patch.I liked the first Tavion so this should be even better!!!:D