PDA

View Full Version : bows

Protojedi111
06-24-2002, 01:47 PM
You know what makes me so mad? When you are liking dueling on MP and you do your little bow out of respect before you fight, but your opponent decides that bowing is to "high" for them and they just decide that death from above is the best thing to do instead and just kill you instead. That kind of bull crap is what makes me almost not bow anymore. Ughghhggh... I could just squeeze their little....

-Zack>

Koffin
06-24-2002, 02:00 PM
well hey dont give up and certainly dont stop. If we are in a duel and you want to stick your head down where i can whack it easier ill be with you all the way.

MrYepp
06-24-2002, 03:01 PM
lol

Masonis
06-24-2002, 03:03 PM
Just sidestep the DFA and backstab them. :)

Lunatic Jedi
06-24-2002, 04:08 PM
Yeah, then crouch over their corpse and slash their body. It doesn't do anything, but that's how I show disrespect for someone who fights without honor.

I've been almost DFA'd in mid bow, but if I kill them, I show my disrespect with the above method. It pisses them off. I can't explain how, it just does. Or maybe I've just been doing that to the right people. :D

Pedro The Hutt
06-24-2002, 06:58 PM
Personally I find someone slashing a corpse rather laughter inducing O_o

Chewie Bakker
06-24-2002, 08:22 PM
Bowing... depends on the bow. If it's a quick 1-second roll-the-mouse-forward-then-straight-back bow then I'll bow back, but if they crouch for two minutes all they're doing is making the people in line for a duel wait longer, and that's more disrespectful in my book.

:gben: The Force will be with you, always

ThirdGenRX7
06-24-2002, 11:11 PM
it didn't occur to me that slashing the bodies was disrespectful... i always did it to make my fighting area clean:D

GE Predator
06-24-2002, 11:16 PM
ugh

*watches JO MP soar to new heights of LAME*

Emon
06-25-2002, 01:30 AM
1. They shouldn't attack you with your saber down wether the bow or not.

2. Some people think bowing is lame and rediculous, and I certantly understand why. It is a video game, afterall. Most people don't think that they are too high for it, they instead think that it's lame. I sorta agree, but I do it anyways just because other guys do.

FatalStrike
06-25-2002, 03:42 AM
LOL you have got to be joking! Stick your neck out and you can bet that I will be there to check if your empty head floats away once I cut off the dead weight.

Lime-Light
06-25-2002, 04:52 AM
......I started bowing.

HellFyre69
06-25-2002, 05:35 AM
wuts wrong with bowing.. Personally I think is a gr8 idea. To have a non BS duel. However latelly, even if you bow, you'll get the bs.

Kanubis
06-25-2002, 05:55 AM
If you bow quick enough, you shouldn't get caught by surprise. The way I see, if your bow takes long enough for you to get whacked, bow quicker. And from further away.

Anyway, said it before and I'll say it again, there's something wrong about black-hearted evil sith giving a nice honourable bow.

Emon
06-25-2002, 06:10 AM
Yes, we all know that when you select the Dark Side in JO, you become an evil Sith incapable of bowing and that you can never again turn back to the light side of the Force, and you become a terrorist because of the intense evil and hatred that is burning in your heart.

:rolleyes:

Kanubis
06-25-2002, 06:16 AM
Uh, yeah, basically, otherwise every bowing sith in the game is a sith who has just a tiny grip on the ligh-side, which manifests itself as honourable bowing. Hmm.

Anyway, Vader killed kenobi when his Saber was off. I just can't reconcile blowing up planets and bowing. Doesn't quite... fit.

Elijah
06-25-2002, 07:32 AM
Originally posted by Lunatic Jedi
Yeah, then crouch over their corpse and slash their body. It doesn't do anything, but that's how I show disrespect for someone who fights without honor.

I've been almost DFA'd in mid bow, but if I kill them, I show my disrespect with the above method. It pisses them off. I can't explain how, it just does. Or maybe I've just been doing that to the right people. :D

If you land a slash on the body just right it will dissapear.

ZugZug
06-25-2002, 09:45 AM
I bow, I guess its nerdish, but I find it an honorable custom :P

If the other guy doesn't then i dont give. For me its just a quick nod, not that crouch down for an hour crap. If the bastard goes for me right off then I roll back, bow, and fight. Simple. I dont care if other people don't do it.. it IS a video game. Though sometimes I get pissed if they give me that "I'm a sith" bs...

Elegy
06-25-2002, 10:15 AM
I'm a Sith. They're right, a Sith wouldn't lower himself down before an opponnent. But it's still cheap to kill em while they bow. Where's the challenge in that? A Sith loves a good challenge, at least this Sith does. I nod in return to anyone who bows, to sorta say "bring on a worthy match!" Hell, even taunt if you think it's outta character for a Sith to bow or nod. But what's the point if it's just a quick single strike of death over and over again? I can see that kind of reasoning in an FFA, but the duels are for some challenging saberfights.

HellFyre69
06-25-2002, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by Elegy
I'm a Sith. A Sith loves a good challenge, at least this Sith does. I nod in return to anyone who bows, to sorta say "bring on a worthy match!"

Well Darth vader in ep4 ANH............ Spoiler ahead

Vader killed Old obi one kenobi or old ben kenobi, when his saber was down... I dun see wuts the challenge in that!

Emon
06-25-2002, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by Kanubis
Uh, yeah, basically, otherwise every bowing sith in the game is a sith who has just a tiny grip on the ligh-side, which manifests itself as honourable bowing. Hmm.

Anyway, Vader killed kenobi when his Saber was off. I just can't reconcile blowing up planets and bowing. Doesn't quite... fit.

1. Uh, this is a VIDEO GAME YOU MORON. Playing with the Dark Side doesn't, at all, influence a person's actions in the outside world. What kind of obsessed sick bastard are you?

2. Obi-Wan's saber was ON, and he LET Vader kill him. Duh.

Koffin
06-25-2002, 11:09 AM
k..yall do realize that this is only relevant if you assume all players even care about being honorable?

*Hint* If they aint now, they aint going to be...

So save your breath your crying about something that aint going to go away.

XERXES
06-25-2002, 12:11 PM
you guys remember this caption?

Luke: master yoda...i bow to you to show respect :)

Yoda: STFU ur gay!

GE Predator
06-25-2002, 12:25 PM
LOL!!!!!!! This is GOLD

Are you guys for real? Honest to god. Bowing........ LOL

I call it squating. It's the jedi's, non complaining way of saying "I have to go peeee!!!!"

And the players who kick you for not bowing and acting all gay...... :swear:

I'd love to meet them in real life to see if they're really that weird in person. :lol:

Pedantic
06-25-2002, 01:01 PM
In Chinese accent: "Never take your eyes off your opponent--even when you bow."

Elegy
06-25-2002, 02:50 PM
Vader in ANH knew Obi-Wan let him kill him. Plus he held his saber up in a salute kind of way all like "go ahead and slice me up." I'm just saying if you don't like any challenge to your game, go ahead and get the easy one-hit kill. I just don't see any point to dueling if it's not going to be a real battle. Nobody said you *had* to bow, I agree it's dumb to get all mad if you bow and the other guy don't. But it's not exactly showing your "l33t skillz" by instantly sabering a guy down like that.

mInk3nine
06-25-2002, 03:15 PM
yea but most people are dicks and strive on being obnoxious. hell even i get pissed sometimes and go and take all my frustrations out on everyone in JK...though JK usually adds to my bad mood, i'm sure most of you can relate :rolleyes:

Kanubis
07-10-2002, 05:51 AM
1. Uh, this is a VIDEO GAME YOU MORON. Playing with the Dark Side doesn't, at all, influence a person's actions in the outside world. What kind of obsessed sick bastard are you?

Obessed? Well, I come on to the forums about once a fortnight (less since everyone started whinging about that patch), browse a couple of threads, perhaps post something a bit devils-advocate to see if I can get a rise. Which I have.

Maybe 'obsessed' is when you get worked up enough TO TYPE IN CAPITALS?

But anyway, what I was basically saying was that a lot of players (the ones that perhaps are a bit obsessed) do role-play in the game. And if they're Sith and bowing, then they're role-playing badly.

HellFyre69
07-10-2002, 06:27 AM
well currently when i'm in nf duels.. PPL having being BOWING! but still very very very few of them will attack me with a dfa or a uppercut... but that will only result me backslashing them =)

|DEM|Mosleg
07-10-2002, 07:42 AM
Originally posted by Protojedi111
You know what makes me so mad? When you are liking dueling on MP and you do your little bow out of respect before you fight, but your opponent decides that bowing is to "high" for them and they just decide that death from above is the best thing to do instead and just kill you instead. That kind of bull crap is what makes me almost not bow anymore. Ughghhggh... I could just squeeze their little....

-Zack>

I know the feeling, earlier I was dueling and I bowed and isntead of the ther guy bowing he decided to try to pull a backstab on me. He got his ass kicked as well. :)

Fortunately, I only run into very few people who do that, the majorty of the JK2 community has been pretty respectful to me. I'm loviing this game more and more by the day, and to me JK2 isn't just a 'GAME', it's a big community! ;)

|DEM|Mosleg
07-10-2002, 07:49 AM
Originally posted by Emon
1. They shouldn't attack you with your saber down wether the bow or not.

2. Some people think bowing is lame and rediculous, and I certantly understand why. It is a video game, afterall. Most people don't think that they are too high for it, they instead think that it's lame. I sorta agree, but I do it anyways just because other guys do.

Exactly! I agree with you 100%. Especially with the Saber down... I NEVER attack anyone who has their saber down, but I have been attacked multiple times when I had my Saber down while resting after a duel. It almost makes me want to go slash up everyone in the server. ;)

Bowing/honoring grew on to me after the first few times it became a habbit, I usually won't fight anyone who doesn't bow. It may be a video game, yes, but it is a community in my point of view, and I noticed the ones who do bow also fight cleaner and don't try to backstab every two seconds. ;)

GE Predator
07-10-2002, 08:44 AM
Originally posted by |DEM|Mosleg

I usually won't fight anyone who doesn't bow.

O........... M ........... G

Pedantic
07-10-2002, 08:48 AM
Originally posted by GE Predator

O........... M ........... G

Yeah, that's a little over the top. I don't take it personally if someone doesn't bow to me. It's not like they're insulting me (usually :D ).

JandoFett1842
07-10-2002, 09:13 AM
You know what is gay, when you deactivate your saber and chalange someone to a duel and the jump over you and back stab you or lightning u to death, or pull out a missle and shoot you, that is ****en gay!!!

XERXES
07-10-2002, 09:35 AM
whats the worst is when your dueling somebody, not in a real duel, and after a lil bit they de-activate their saber and run for health and complain when you ht them cause they have their saber down...however i just dont give a crap, i keep attackin em anyway.:D

Kurgan
07-10-2002, 09:48 AM
That kind of bull crap is what makes me almost not bow anymore.

You have just taken your first step into a larger world, my son.

Psionic Jedi
07-10-2002, 10:30 AM
I agree, Bows shouldn't take half the duel.

Neither should circle-walking and taunting them :X.

Can't you hear the sound of a saber ignition and roll aside?

Really would be a laugh if you did pull off a fatal bs on their dishonest dfa :D

As for slashing bodies... I do it when nobodies around, cause it requires a saber to ignite and everyone jumps at a chance to gang up on guy-with-saber-up. It helps FPS though. :).

HellFyre69
07-10-2002, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by XERXES
whats the worst is when your dueling somebody, not in a real duel, and after a lil bit they de-activate their saber and run for health and complain when you ht them cause they have their saber down...however i just dont give a crap, i keep attackin em anyway.:D

lol!! well if it's ffa 1.03, it wouldnt matter tho... 1 hit it's all it takes to kill he/she/it

Chewie Bakker
07-10-2002, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by XERXES

Yeah, now that's chicken-$hit. What are they doing duelling you if they're just gonna saber off and run away? Getting health mid-duel is part of the challenge. Darth Maul didn't say "Time out guys. I've got to open this door." did he? Besides, sabering the cowards as they run away is a challenge. ;P

:gben: The Force will be with you, always.