Coming soon...

I WANT IT!!!I NEED IT!!!!I AM MADE TO BE WITH IT!!!:D :D

my avatar explains it all

OnlyOneCanoli
06-26-2002, 01:49 PM
Hehehe, that's pretty sweet!

-[MotU]-Lyger|=-
06-26-2002, 02:06 PM
must....have....now.... HOW THE **** DO YOU GET IT!!! TELL ME!!!! NOW!!!!!!!! ILL ****ING CHOP YOUR HEAD OFF!!! TELL ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pedantic
06-26-2002, 02:34 PM
That's sweet...but I'll stick with my lightsaber. It is Star Wars, after all

CapNColostomy
06-26-2002, 04:10 PM
No, I don't want it. I don't even know what the hell it is. I will take Ash's chainsaw if you happen to have it laying around though.

CapNColostomy
06-26-2002, 04:12 PM
You know what it kinda looks like? Anybody ever play that game Guts Revenge? It was a decent game I suppose, where the main character (Gutsu) had a big ass sword like that.

NerfYoda
06-26-2002, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by CapNColostomy
No, I don't want it. I don't even know what the hell it is. I will take Ash's chainsaw if you happen to have it laying around though.

How the check will Ash "catch 'em all" with a chainsaw? :rolleyes:
:elephant: :elephant: :elephant:

Tyrion
06-26-2002, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by NerfYoda

How the check will Ash "catch 'em all" with a chainsaw? :rolleyes:
:elephant: :elephant: :elephant:

Maybe it's a new cyborg pikachu?:D

Pada-Wan
06-26-2002, 05:03 PM
"No, I don't want it. I don't even know what the hell it is. I will take Ash's chainsaw if you happen to have it laying around though."

then ill whoop u with it... *han solo smile*

D.L.
06-26-2002, 09:03 PM
*smacks everyone who thinks of Pokemon when Ash is mentioned*

Two words.

Evil Dead.

One more word.

Groovy.

Don't know who Ash is!?

I pity you. I really do.

Mercen4ry
06-26-2002, 09:11 PM
Hail to the king, baby! :D

Mmmmm, Buster Sword. Reminds me of how much I loved FF7 (played through it 3 times, beat every weapon without cheats) and how much I hate this guy (http://www.gamerevolution.com/games/sony/rpg/final_fantasy_vii.htm).

Now, the question remains: Can you make a character skin to go with it? :D

Merc out. :fett:

Chewie Bakker
06-26-2002, 09:54 PM
Sweet-lookin' huge@$$ sword...

Elegy
06-27-2002, 04:26 AM
Very nice indeed. Can't wait for it's release. Question: Will the damned thing sound like a lightsaber, or will there be sword-like sounds (hell or even FFVII-like *blip* *ching* sounds)?

Robbiesan
06-27-2002, 04:42 AM
hilarious!! I could see slaying like 5 players at once with that thing...

Nailer
06-27-2002, 06:13 AM
How can that guy mean that the FF7 plot was bad????????
Its the best story EVER!
I like it... OH... this was in reply to that dude that said that he hated this

"Hail to the king, baby!

Mmmmm, Buster Sword. Reminds me of how much I loved FF7 (played through it 3 times, beat every weapon without cheats) and how much I hate this guy.

Now, the question remains: Can you make a character skin to go with it? "

CapNColostomy
06-27-2002, 08:42 AM
I just had a swelling of pride when I realized I'm the only person here that didn't even know there was a Pokemon called Ash. I wondered what the hell Tyrion and Nerf Yoda were talking about...

Tyrion
06-27-2002, 05:39 PM
I just had a swelling of pride when I realized I'm the only person here that didn't even know there was a Pokemon called Ash. I wondered what the hell Tyrion and Nerf Yoda were talking about...

...and we didnt know Gut's revenge's ash....

Bad interpertation I guess...

Edit-and Ash is a pokemon trainer,not a pokemon.

CapNColostomy
06-27-2002, 06:32 PM
There is no Gut's Revenge's Ash. Sword of the Berserk: Guts Revenge is a game. A game where the main character, Gutsu, has a big ass sword like the one at the top of the page. Ash, or at least the Ash I was referring to, is the main character in the Evil Dead and Army of Darkness trilogy.

CapNColostomy
06-27-2002, 07:07 PM
Or maybe it was called Guts Rage? I can't remember for sure. Pokemon trainer? I'm still lost...There's no hope for me. ;)

Mercen4ry
06-27-2002, 07:56 PM
How can that guy mean that the FF7 plot was bad????????
Its the best story EVER!

Yep, that's what I meant. But don't think too poorly of Game Revolution for hiring a poor sap like him... He has been missing for over a year now (word has it GR gave him his retirement package and shuffled him out the door before reviews like that killed them :D ).

That said, methinks that sword is going to make the DFA REALLY intimidating... :p

CapNColostomy
06-27-2002, 08:01 PM
Ewww...I just shivered when I read that post. "That said, methinks that sword is going to make the DFA REALLY intimidating..." I'm already intimidated.

EffJi
06-28-2002, 02:35 AM
Won't the sword be swung sideways at some points?

trumpetdanny
06-28-2002, 08:41 AM
coool i want!!

as for plot tho ff 8 was beter:p

-[MotU]-Lyger|=-
06-28-2002, 09:42 AM

hahah thats pretty funny, that would kick ass if someone made that mod/skin

Mercen4ry
06-28-2002, 10:16 AM
as for plot tho ff 8 was beter:p

NO :D

Elegy
06-28-2002, 05:14 PM
Plotwise, FF3/FF6 (depending on your country) kicked the hell out of em all. Nevermind that the graphics blew ass. It had the best storyline yet of all the games.

Mercen4ry
06-28-2002, 05:24 PM
Elegy: I'm still debating that myself. I loved the plot to FF6 and the unique character development, though I managed to have Shadow die. :(

On the other hand, I loved the uniqueness of FF7's treehugger - demigod plot, and was obsessed with Chocobo racing.

However, if we want to talk a good plot, solid game, and fun storyline, my opinion is that Chrono Trigger is > all of them (it's esp. better than its sequel. What a piece of -! :D ).

Anyway, I think we're losing sight of the topic here. Any updates on when that sword will be finished agreatjedi? :)

Stormcrow
06-29-2002, 01:05 AM
Oh. My. God.

*Collapses in nostalgic excitement*

Keeper
06-29-2002, 07:37 AM
MUST... HAVE... GIMME!!!!!!!!
Playing FF7 again and then I stuble across this. JARRRRR, that RoX!!

FF7 rulz them all :)
Only played FF7 and FF8 cause I don't own a console, but FF7 is a much better game than anything you can think of :D

Do the sephiroth blade and skin afterwards okay? :evil2:

Man would that be baddazz!

mInk3nine
06-29-2002, 09:34 AM
cloud's buster sword doesn't even compare to Gatt's sword. nuff said.

Aoshi
06-29-2002, 12:13 PM
ahh chrono trigger... i loved that game. i also loved Secret of Mana anyone ever play that? in anycase the buster sword is pretty nice good job.

ryudom
06-29-2002, 12:33 PM
secret of mana was good but secret of mana 3, aka seikens 3 was AMAZING. you should all play it now. although it was never released in the states

Kurgan
06-29-2002, 02:20 PM
"Sword of the Berserk: Gut's Rage" for Dreamcast. Yes, I've played it. It's mostly cutscenes, but a little bit of monotonous gameplay as well (third person with that massive sword). I don't recall the exact title of the comic book (er, "manga") it's based on, but it says so in the credits.

One of the Final Fantasy games (I don't follow them sorry) had a guy with a similar weapon, a gunblade or something (in both games, the sword has a pistol in the hilt) in one of their ads, I remember that.

I figure the above mentioned game was a bad translation and should have been "the Sword of the Berserker" or "the Berserker's Sword" or something like that, in fact, in most adverts I've seen for the game they put up one of those alternative "corrected" wordings. It's kind of like "Monty Python and the Holy Grail" most people I've talked to think it's "Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail" or "...and the Search for the Holy Grail" or whatnot. ; )

Tyrion
06-29-2002, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by Kurgan

One of the Final Fantasy games (I don't follow them sorry) had a guy with a similar weapon, a gunblade or something (in both games, the sword has a pistol in the hilt) in one of their ads, I remember that.

It was FFVIII, the guy who had it was Squall.:) :D :cool:

Mercen4ry
06-29-2002, 02:37 PM
secret of mana was good but secret of mana 3, aka seikens 3 was AMAZING. you should all play it now. although it was never released in the states

Emulator? That was how I got my copies of FF2 and FF6 (after they were no longer being sold retail), and finally beat FF4. :D

As for Sword of the Berserk, I never owned a Dreamcast (only DC RPG I beat was Grandia II, and that was because of its ported copy to PS2 :rolleyes: ).

That would be FF8, and the protagonist of that one was Squall Leonhart. Dunno, just like FFX, I liked the graphics and gameplay elements of the game, but hated the plot... Maybe it's just me? :)

In any event, I really want that sword, as well as Sephiroth's ubersword as well. :D

Tyrion
06-29-2002, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by Mercen4ry

That would be FF8, and the protagonist of that one was Squall Leonhart. Dunno, just like FFX, I liked the graphics and gameplay elements of the game, but hated the plot... Maybe it's just me? :)

In any event, I really want that sword, as well as Sephiroth's ubersword as well. :D

The Uber sword was good,but cloud's best one was teh one that curved sharply at the tip.I think it was Mithril Sword or something.

I like FFVII the best.The graphics arent nearly as good as the rest,but it had that dark,gothic feeling that the others didnt have.

Shadow Angel
06-29-2002, 03:02 PM
Cool sword. I'm not much of a Cloud person, however. Well, since this is on the topic of Final Fantasy, I'd sure like to see a skin of Vincent. He was the absolute coolest FF character ever. I mean, he's got the mechanical claw arm, the long jet-black hair, the headband, the red eyes, metal boots, he was a Turk (secret agent with a suit, like MiB's), doesn't age so he looks young although he's 50+ years old, turns into ferocious monsters and the list goes on.
Vincent has a very mysterious, quiet, vampire-like personality. He has the best lines in the game, and he uses guns. (Not to say I prefer guns over swords/lightsabers, but that's pretty cool.) It's only too bad that the game doesn't elaborate on his story more. I think he makes for a better main character than Cloud.

(If you don't remember Vincent Valentine, he was a secret character that you found sleeping in a coffin in the ShinRa Mansion, next to the labs where Sephiroth was being tested on. Also, I personally believe that he's Sephiroth's father. I mean, come on, he looks a LOT more like Seph than that ugly scientist Ho(jo.) Plus, he was also going out with Lucrecia, and they both have long hair, weird eyes and superhuman mutant powers.)

Finally, to stay a little more on topic, I want to see a gunblade skin of Squall's original Revolver model. One that shoots, too.

trumpetdanny
06-29-2002, 03:03 PM
need to make a Chrono model lol .
and there should be a gunblade made for this too.

the taunt should be cluds victory animation

mInk3nine
06-29-2002, 03:35 PM
Kurgan: the name of the Anime and the Manga is simply titled "Berserk." The game doesn't do the story any justice.

sssssssssSss
06-30-2002, 02:34 AM
i got try it b4 but my sword is invisble hehe
but useless
:vadar:

agreatjedi
06-30-2002, 02:55 PM
The Buster Sword has been released!
It does have custom sounds. Most taken from FF7.
Thanks for your support guys. I hope all of you enjoy, whether you’re a Final Fantasy fan or not.
Now what are you waiting for? Get to the files section and start downloading!
By the way. I do plan on making a player model to go along with the sword…

Mercen4ry
06-30-2002, 06:20 PM
Woo, great model! :D

Just one problem... at range, you still see a saber effect that really ruins the feel of the sword. Is it possible to fix this? :cool:

Mercen4ry
06-30-2002, 06:49 PM
Oh, and one other thing... I noticed this while browsing your site:

http://dgallery.8k.com/Q3_Sephiroth.jpg

... and the fact that it's a Q3 Skin. Port it. Now! :D

Keeper
06-30-2002, 07:06 PM
What can I say... eViL!
Now we just need a mod that turns all the characters in single player to the guys from FF7
Kyle - Cloud
Jan - Tifa
Mon Mothma - Aeris
Desann - Sephiroth (duh!)
Admiral Fyar - Vincent (would look cool with his iron claw)
Luke - Yuffie
Shadow troopers - Cid
Reborn - Cait Sith (the name kinda fits)
StormTroopers - Red XIII

Now that would be bitchin'. Think about having 10 Red XIII running at you from all sides =-)

Mercen4ry
06-30-2002, 07:12 PM
Good idea, but I think that would be a tad too much work for just one person. :p

... but just to go with the flow of your post, it would be a tad smarter to (WARNING: SLIGHT SPOILER BELOW):

Place Aeris for Jan instead of Mon Mothma. That way, you get to assume that she's dead throughout most of JK2 SP, only to find her alive in the end. :D

Arán
06-30-2002, 11:21 PM
Ohhhhh please mail it to me at
axelmulder@yahoo.com
:lsduel:

Shadow Angel
07-01-2002, 03:35 AM
Alright, my request for a Vincent skin was at the bottom of the first page, so it probably didn't get read much, and I rwally want one, so I'll quote myself.

Originally posted by Shadow Angel
Cool sword. I'm not much of a Cloud person, however. Well, since this is on the topic of Final Fantasy, I'd sure like to see a skin of Vincent. He was the absolute coolest FF character ever. I mean, he's got the mechanical claw arm, the long jet-black hair, the headband, the red eyes, metal boots, he was a Turk (secret agent with a suit, like MiB's), doesn't age so he looks young although he's 50+ years old, turns into ferocious monsters and the list goes on.
Vincent has a very mysterious, quiet, vampire-like personality. He has the best lines in the game, and he uses guns. (Not to say I prefer guns over swords/lightsabers, but that's pretty cool.) It's only too bad that the game doesn't elaborate on his story more. I think he makes for a better main character than Cloud.

(If you don't remember Vincent Valentine, he was a secret character that you found sleeping in a coffin in the ShinRa Mansion, next to the labs where Sephiroth was being tested on. Also, I personally believe that he's Sephiroth's father. I mean, come on, he looks a LOT more like Seph than that ugly scientist Ho(jo.) Plus, he was also going out with Lucrecia, and they both have long hair, weird eyes and superhuman mutant powers.)

And I failed to mention that he has a cool-looking cloak with a collar that covers half his face sometimes.

Even more off-topic, if you think the JKII multiplayer announcer ("The Force is (not) with you.") sucks, you MUST check out this thread.
http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=65555

Gandel
07-01-2002, 05:56 AM
FF1 was ok..FF2(or 4 in japan) rocked. FF3 Rocked...FF5 I never beat cause Im too lazy to go out and buy the PSX Version of it . FF6 i think thats same as FF3......FF7 Owned.FF8 sucked.Ff9 havent played FF10 havent played.
just my opinion on the FF series :)

this looks sweet btw. I downloaded it. havent tried it yet though.

You can get it here

http://www.jediknightii.net/files/index.php?link=file&id=326

-[MotU]-Lyger|=-
07-01-2002, 08:53 AM
i take it all back about what i said befor.
that thing sucks. i hate it. it would be cooler if the lightsaber blade didnt appear!

Gandel
07-01-2002, 09:42 AM
its glitched. you cant see it :(

Mercen4ry
07-01-2002, 10:10 AM
It's a good model, but yes, the bug does hamper the feeling of the sword a bit. And if your saber doesn't appear, check your Gamedata\base directory for any other saber hilt files... that's probably the problem. And btw:

FF1 was ok..FF2(or 4 in japan) rocked. FF3 Rocked...FF5 I never beat cause Im too lazy to go out and buy the PSX Version of it . FF6 i think thats same as FF3......FF7 Owned.FF8 sucked.Ff9 havent played FF10 havent played.
just my opinion on the FF series

FF1 - was about 5 or 6 when it was out, and I did play it... just not very far. :(
FF4 (FF2 American) - Great story, Great spell system, Mediocre character design. Good difficulty setting, too. Beat it.
FF6 (FF3 American) - Another great game that I didn't have a chance to play until after it was off the shelves... and on emulator. Great story, Excellent Spell and Summon System, Good Characters. Got to the very end, then got a new computer... and never finished it. :rolleyes:
FF7 - One of the greatest RPGs of all time, next to Chrono Trigger and FF6. Excellent Plot, Over-average spell system (once the summons come in, most normal spells besides Ultima take a back seat), Excellent Characters, Good graphics for its time (just like Chrono Trigger), Great Summoning System and Difficulty Settings. I still love Chocobo Racing. :D
FF8 - The "Red-Herring" of the FF series. Great Characters and Graphics, but the plot stunk more than a day old fish in the sun. Come on, "someone from the future is controlling you." That's worse than if FF7 were only based around beating Shinra.
FF9 - Good characters and graphics, Over-Average plot, but oddball spell system. Plus, just give all your characters the auto-life spell and you will never lose. :p A bit more oriented towards the kids than the audience of FF7, from what I can tell.
FFX - Pathetic protagonist, but other than that the character scheme was pretty solid. Good spell and summoning system, but the game drive was centered more on normal attacks than true spell casting, which can be a good thing or a very poor addition. The plot in this one was fairly poor, IMHO, but with the addition of voice acting and amazing graphics, the game redeems itself for that flaw. :)

Yes, I have followed the FF series a bit too closely. Merc out. :fett:

ArmchairAthlete
07-01-2002, 03:25 PM
Lol! Sephy's ubersword was like 20 feet long! But FF7 was great, too bad it can't be remade for handhelds (yet!).

Stormcrow
07-01-2002, 09:59 PM
Just for the record, Sphy's uber sword is called the Masamune.

And here's a pic for anyone making a Sephy:

http://www.ffonline.com/media/index.php?lookup=artwork:ff7:ff7-10.jpg

Keeper
07-02-2002, 02:16 AM
Originally posted by Mercen4ry
Place Aeris for Jan instead of Mon Mothma. That way, you get to assume that she's dead throughout most of JK2 SP, only to find her alive in the end. :D

Yeah. Actually thought of that a little while after I posted but thought "what the heck, someone else will post it anyway" :p