PDA

View Full Version : A Few Questions

DarthDarth
06-26-2002, 12:18 PM
Hey I have now played around with 3d Studio Max 4 enough to start some modeling, but there are other things that I need to know. So just awnser a few quick questions =)

1.) How do I take a pic of my screen/model

2.) I need a tutorial on getting the models in game and such

3.) Any request? I really don't know what the public wants done.

The main project I'm gonna work on is an original char, he comes in around the same time as luke. As a child he would listen to the old tales of the Jedi and when he became a young me he went on a quest to be a Jedi. Self-taught in the ways of the force with is own Light sabre he seeks to bring back the forgotten ways of the force.

*shrugs* sounds kinda corney, but he has a trench coat...

Well anyway off to screw around with 3d Max some more

Peace,
Darth Darth

Madjai
06-26-2002, 12:30 PM
well if your just starting to model i suggest you start with at least 2 lightsabers. they give you a small taste of whats to come next, player models.

d/l the JKO tools, they contain programs which you need and a tutorial on howto get a model ingame. i think the files on jkii.net are down so you might have to wait

oh and to take a screenshot just use the print screen button on your keyboard, open any graphics program and hit Paste.

BobaFett7
06-26-2002, 10:14 PM
Indeed, the print screen trick always does it for me.
Good luck with the modeling! I know it can be a daunting process. I have been working on my own model for the last week and I'll tell you one thing - be Patient! It can take a good month or so to finish a decent player model. Just take your time and keep plugging away at it - you'll be done in no time if you just keep working on it on a regular basis.