PDA

View Full Version : Questions: And Ideas

Derisor
06-27-2002, 01:38 AM
How does one create a texture that explodes or sparks when hit by a lightsaber or other weapons?

How do I make that texture explode but not go away.?

How does one create dripping water like is used in the search for desan?

How are illusion walls created?

How can I create a slide such as that used by the gangster to escape his lair?

How can I make the electrified floors seen in the game?

How can I turn on the electrified floors if a player hits the wall with a weapon? (So we are deuling and your lightsaber tags the wall and for a couple seconds it is electrified and anyone that touches it is harmed).

Wes Marrakesh
06-27-2002, 02:09 AM
i can answer only one question; The one about the tunnel.
Make a second brush overlapping the bottom of the tube and make that one textured with slick. you'll keep going down till youu hit a no-slick surface or you go out the tunnel.
Of course, Reelo is so fat he could just roll down the tunnel with no texturing help... :lol:
:sprobe:

Xcom
06-27-2002, 02:15 AM
How does one create a texture that explodes or sparks when hit by a lightsaber or other weapons?

Hm. I don't think this is possible (or I don't seem to undertand what you are asking here.)

How do I make that texture explode but not go away.?

This is not the texture but a brush that does that. If you a have brush, convert it to func_breakable. Then you can provide some spawn flags so it behaves like you want. In this case you can mark USE_NOT_BREAK flag.

How does one create dripping water like is used in the search for desan?

Maybe by using fx_runner and choosing fitting effect. Not sure.

How are illusion walls created?

Those are just non solid brushes. When you make a brush, give one of its hidden surfaces system/nodraw texture. And the rest of surfaces can be textured as you wish.

How can I create a slide such as that used by the gangster to escape his lair?

Say what? :D

How can I make the electrified floors seen in the game?

I think it's just thin trigger_hurt brush stretched over the floor with "ELECTRICAL" flag set on.

Emon
06-27-2002, 02:27 AM

Sure, you can do this. It's just a func_breakable or something like that, I hear. If you wanted to have a switch that sparks or something when shot, you'd probably have to incorporate a simple ICARUS 2 script with it.

Derisor
06-27-2002, 02:35 AM
Uh oh ... I may have to go probe for a scripting tutorial now. :)